Figma

Kollaborative Plattform für UI-Design und Prototyping

Jitender K.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Figma makes it easier for you to create, prototype and collaborate.

Bewertet am 16.6.2021

Figma has a minimal learning curve and feels really good to use. It's packed with features and it's only getting better with frequent updates.

The thing that makes Figma great is that it is browser-based and the files are saved in the cloud. I can continue working on any of my computers, when and where I want, as long as I have an internet connection. Sharing designs with Figma is simple and I really like what they've enabled with the real-time collaboration functionality. Another great thing about Figma is its variety of plugins which make the workflow even faster, there are plenty of plugins available you can do basically anything with them: typography, graphs, collaboration, etc.

Sometimes takes a really long time to load up the files. Even if it doesn't run smoothly sometimes as compared to other programs, I still prefer Figma because of its features and large component libraries.

Tony T.

Lightweight and affordable solution for UI/UX Design

Bewertet am 4.9.2021

Figma has provided me a great experience when working with it alone or along side with my team. It is my organization solution for UI and UX design and so far, I'm glad that the software is very easy to use and also affordable.

I like the fact that this software is available on both online and offline form. It helps me get my job done smoothly whether there is a internet access point or not. The software itself is very lightweight yet has bundled with powerful tools for UI and UX design.

The software compatibility could use a little improvement, also for the internet environment. When I'm working online with a slow wireless connection, bugs and crash might happen so it is really important to check the speed of connection if you want to work online with it.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

Because Figma has more powerful tools and also very easy to learn and use.
Vincent D.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Its power and weakness is being web-based

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Pretty good so far, unless I get to work on huge files.

Iterates upon Sketch and bring is great collaboration tools and finally fixes the way too long problem of sharing design files and syncing document versions.

It consumes a lot of resources, in a big design document it does crash or slows down the whole system which can be quite painful at times.

Ganesh shankar V.

Very Intuitive to Design Product Wireframes

Bewertet am 7.8.2021

Figma is an essential part of our product building workflow. As a product manager, I convert all the ideas to wireframes using Figma and the designers expand upon it to create the UI prototypes for the engineering team to work on. The key benefit of Figma is that it is a one place tool for all our design activities - UX prototyping, Idea Wire-framing, UI assets & guidelines etc.,

Figma has a large community that built a variety of plugins, templates and design formats that make the job a lot easier for both wire-framing and prototyping. The product is extremely intuitive with a good exponential learning curve that enables a new user turn professional in a very quick time. It is the best in the market when it comes to integration with businesses. It's strong API support help us connect with a variety of tools including Bravo Studio that help us launch small apps with zero-code.

While the community plugins are huge, discoverability of the plugins can be improved a lot from the existing version. The default tools in the app are too abstract that a new-user might find it difficult to create things from scratch. As far as integration is concerned, Figma should have a marketplace for all the interesting integrations that a user can go through and pick the ones he/she is interested in.

Sebastian S.
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Companion for designer.

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

I'm working for 2+ years with Figma. Before that, my team and I tried a lot of other programs but none of them satisfied us as much as Figma. When it comes to price, comfort, features & flexibility, Figma is by far the best.

Working together with a huge team in one project simultaneously feels just good and natural. No merging of changes is required. Everything is saved in a cloud so you can access it from everywhere. You also can work from a lot of devices since it only required a web browser.

I think the presentation mode could be improved. It already has a solid base for interactive design presentations but I wish there would be more options/possibilities in the future

R.manoj A.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Design and Prototyping tool with very good collaboration features

Bewertet am 18.6.2021

The Best Design tool for building high and low fidelity products very quickly. My experience with figma is really great because it enabled me to present ideas to the team and also get feedback from then. As a result I can work on the feedback and update the design very easily and share it with developers and clients in single click.

The most important and useful feature of figma is the collaboration feature where more than one designer can design together. The new feature that figma released known as figjam is an online collaboration whiteboard tool helps every team in brainstorming ideas online. Figma Community files and plugins is my favourite and the most liked feature by many of the designers and product managers as it saves a lot of time in UX and UI design.

The Design preview feature sometimes is quite confusing for me and also the quality of the design preview and the number of devices available can be much improved in terms of user experience.

Teslim B.

Figma Reviews

Bewertet am 30.7.2021

I really love Figma as it make my task easier and give me the architectural interface of how my project will look like particularly website making.

*Its usage in designing is awesome creating protoype of website in telling how website will be look like.
*It can also be used to design social media post like photoshop.
*It can also be used to design nice looking logo like Adobe Illustration.
*User friendly when getting the knowledge of its usage.

*You get in online and then go offline while designing but the issue is that while offline some collaborating tools must have been getting online to effect the task.
*To learn is not that easy but with time it can and in that period you will just be looking at screen.
*User compatibility is not that much and not all graphic designers get the knowledge as it has other tough competition to Adobe XD, Invision etc.

Thaís M.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Figma made my joblife easyly.

Bewertet am 14.3.2021

Overall, my experience is very positive. After you learn to use the tool, you realize how collaborative and inclusive it is. Our entire team can work on the same file, no more needs to create version 1, 2 or 3. You can delete the file that the Figma system is able to bring back. Not to mention that I can deliver an interface to the development team where they can see the entire product working, which greatly reduces the refraction of the task.

What I like most about figma is the ease of using it on several different operating systems. The possibility of the entire team working on the same file makes work-life easier.

Undoubtedly the learning curve, I believe it is a little high compared to other similar software, I believe that the lack of translation into my native language (pt-br) is also a negative point.

Kevin A.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Design for anyone

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

My overall experience is a good one and I found that I can do designs that I normally wasn't able to with the tools I used to have.

I love how easy it is for figma to be the design tool of choice for people that want to look into graphic design.

Sometimes there is a learning curve with figma especially the more complicated designs.

• Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Figma makes mockups easy!

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

9/10, would be 10/10 without the glitches.

I love how intuitive and customizable the interface is. Going from adobe suite to fFgma was a seamless transition.

There are some bugs in the software. Certain elements glitch randomly and I have to redo them. Not a huge deal but something to work on for sure.

Robert J.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best software products on the market

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

The perfect tool for advanced designers, for marketers, to get things done fast. Institute it in your company and you will not regret it.

I work as a CMO, Head of Marketing or just as a plain Marketer with people of various skill levels and levels of expectation when it comes to design tools. Figma just happens to be the preferred favourite for people at both ends of the spectrum. Both very advanced and experienced designers and complete beginners enjoy it.

It is robust, easy and does not take a lot of computing resources to start up the app or to get things done. Collaborating has been made relatively easy and there are plenty of options. I have found myself working with Figma with people with whom I am on the phone, on Google Meet calls or we just watch each other moving about in Figma and leave comments when we have to say anything.

It is a new form of co-working - or rather it is the old thing but it finally works.

When they start increasing the price of this thing. Watch out. That is the thing to be afraid of - limiting features and raising prices to an unreasonable level. I actually do not want the product to be free but sensibly priced and I am worried it goes down the road of being overpriced by some revenue optimisation geek and overengineered to become slow because too many remote dev teams are working on too many features.

Matthew B.

Unbeatable design collaboration

Bewertet am 21.5.2021

Overall, Figma is an extremely powerful tool that allows for next-level collaboration with teams and users and so much more. It is a world class design tool that competes with the very best of the other options out there. I'd even say it comes out on top of Sketch.

My overall favorite feature in Figma is the real-time collaboration on design files. This is invaluable to us in collaborating with other designers, product managers, and development teams remotely.

The prototyping tools are amazing as well. I have created some pretty complex prototypes and I still haven't reached the full potential of what Figma's prototyping tools can do.

The organization features (pages, files, projects) are very flexible. This allows us to create an organization structure the way we need it to work, instead of forcing a rigid structure on our team.

Reusable component variants are a game changer! As is auto-layout for making components adapt to the content inside them as it changes (i.e. a button grows as you type text into the label).

There are so many more things I could mention too!

Some features can be a little tricky to learn. Auto-layout, for example, took me a while to get a grasp of and I'm still not sure I have a full understanding of how to use it.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

We needed to create higher fidelity designs than Balsamiq allowed for at the time.

Balsamiq

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

Sketch is Mac only which was a huge limiter for us because many of our team uses Windows machines or Ubuntu. Figma's real-time collaboration and being that it is cloud based made collaboration simple for all of our team.
Paul S.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Figma finally grows into a suitable Sketch replacement

Bewertet am 8.3.2021

Figma has grown into a proper design tool rivaling Sketch and XD. It beats Sketch by being available on both Windows, macOS (and probably anything with a modern enough browser) and it definitely beats Adobe XD by having a logical and familiar UI and just working as expected (for some reason I've had troubles with XD every time I tried it).

Cloud-based, works on both macOS and Windows, very easy to collaborate and/or share design files across the team or to the client. Coming from Sketch, the UI is very similar and I was able to start designing with virtually no adjustment period. From what I understand, interactive components with independent animation states should be released soon in 2021 — that should make Figma a suitable replacement for the Sketch + Principle stack I use currently. Being able to share design documents, animated prototypes and specs within a single service would be a killer-feature.

Subjectively, on my 2012 Macbook Pro 15-inch with Retina the app may run slower than desired sometimes. Overall can't think of anything in particular that I wouldn't like.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

I started working in a team that used Figma for their projects. Also, it may soon have build-in components animations (states) that are not available in Sketch

Cloud-based, 3 free projects, rising popularity
Daniel W.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Figma: The Ultimate Design Tool

Bewertet am 12.3.2021

Figma has grown over the past years to become a fierce competitor in the field of software design. It has incredible collaboration features and offers numerous photo editing, prototyping and plug in capabilities. Personally at my team use Figma for creating a prototype of our apps by visually mapping out the user interface. For a very reasonable 12 USD a month per user, you can create unlimited projects as well as access nifty business features such as custom permissions for users and an unlimited version history. On top of this there are many new updates coming out each month that improve Figma continuously. For me, it is easy to see why I and many of my co workers have switched to Figma.

From the efficient collaboration to the snappy and responsive user interface, there’s simply so many good things about Figma. To begin with, Figma is a web application which makes it is easily accessible for anyone with internet and a computer. Another benefit of this is that there is no need to install updates and that everything sync automatically every time the page refreshes. Then there is the desktop application which allows for the offline use of Figma among other advantages like a customisable colour palette. Furthermore, the constraints and vector networks make it exceptionally easy to manage vectors and customise the finished product. Another reason to consider Figma is the sheer amount of keyboard shortcuts. When I first found the list of keyboard shortcuts on Figma I was astounded and started to learn some of them. I can definitely testify that they speed up my workflow a lot! Using all of these features, I am able to create high fidelity prototypes that I can confidently present to a client and they can see an accurate visual representation of some software. Above all, the most amazing thing is that Figma is absolutely free to use and the business version is at a very reasonable price.

There are few problems with Figma and many of the previous problems have been eliminated through monthly updates. One problem is that as Figma is relatively new and the plugin system was only implemented late December 2019, the plugins available for Figma are less diverse and abundant, compared to other softwares which have been around for much longer.

Abdelmadjid H.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent tool for building beautiful mockups

Bewertet am 13.2.2021

Figma has quickly become our main UI development tool.

Figma is really focused on Web UI which sets it apart from generalist tools like Adobe Illustrator. I also really appreciate that it is built as a Web app, making it totally platform-agnostic, unlike industry-standard Sketch which is limited to macOS. A lot of effort has been put into how easily assets can be imported, like for instance how adding SVG objects is only a matter of drag and dropping SVG files directly from the local filesystem. Figma really feels and operates like a native app, with all the benefits of an online service.

There's very little to dislike about it. I guess the biggest con is that it can be hard to operate in an offline environment.

InVision App und Adobe XD

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

Figma is better suited to the development of Web/app mockups thanks to its layout-centric inspector panel and component-based paradigm.

Adobe Illustrator

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

We evaluated a ton of UI design tools and Figma was the only one to check all the boxes. The tools are more intuitive and powerful, it's web-based, fast, and the pricing is very competitive.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Figma is an excellent choice for efficient design processes and development handoff

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

I'm on a UX team for Finance performance solution software. We work on difficult products with lots of unique problems to solve on a daily basis from admin screens to analytics visualizations to bringing excel-like functionality to web-based solutions. Overall, Figma lets us collaborate and work quickly with tight deadlines and agile teams that need to also understand what we are designing.

Figma is easy to learn, and available on any computer thanks to its web-based capability.

Versioning comes in very handy, as well as commenting, sharing, and fairly user-friendly prototyping features.

Figma is affordable, but scalable. You can have a very robust UX team utilizing it. It's a user-friendly wireframing and prototyping power house.

While it's easy to use, there's still a learning curve. I was a Sketch user, and Sketch is still faster to design in.

Also, if you want a really complex prototype, it can get tricky.

And, having a local version of Figma is still cloud-based. So, working offline will give you limited capability.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

New job - Different companies using different tools.

Jakub H.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Extremely flexible Sketch alternative

Bewertet am 15.1.2021

I am amazed by Figmas progress and ease of use. The auto-layout feature is ultra-fast in comparison to Sketch and even much more flexible. This paired together with an extensive API makes Figma a great tool for rapid building MVPs and generating sites (and even apps) directly from Figma.

The speed which Figma is operating is incredible and the possibility to have it working in any browser is great. The best feature at this point the the very advanced auto-layout function and the benefit of seeing fonts rendered actually in a browser - so there come no surprises later at development time.

Shortcuts and plugins are a bit of a pain. You can not remap shortcuts at this point and plugins can be installed and used, but there is no way of "hiding them" or "deactivating" when not used and the menu list gets way too long.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

We needed a collaborative tool to design without any hustle and also to be able to send designs easily for client review. Ultimately also the developer handoff is much quicker since all values can be viewed directly in Figma so there is no need for another hand-off tool.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

Priceing (and free tier) and better prototyping options.

Incredible

Bewertet am 11.10.2020

Amazing. Figma has sped up many parts of our design process and enabled non-designers to contribute meaningful feedback more quickly into the design process. It's also enabled team members to quickly create visuals for things that don't require a lot of design oversight (eg. social media visuals). It gives a lot more power than Canva and at a lower price.

I can't believe software this good is available for free. Figma provides every single feature you need to create great user interfaces, advertisements, documents, and any other design you could possibly want to create completely free. We use the paid version of Figma which allows a large number of collaborators as well as a few other high-end features. While there is a bit of a learning curve, Figma is surprisingly easy to learn for non-designers with just an hour or two of video tutorials (I used Udemy). Once you understand how to manipulated elements of your design, even a design newbie can churn out some pretty incredible designs very quickly. This software is a godsend for marketing teams. With traditional creative suites like Creative Cloud, you end up going back and forth with a designer - in Figma, anyone can pop in and contribute their thoughts in real-time. Our marketing design team has moved to doing the majority of their work in Figma now and it's been unreal.

A few challenges have popped up with Figma. First, when you begin collaborating on designs in the cloud, there are times where you end up sharing a file with someone who doesn't have a Figma account. I would be nice if files could be more intuitively shared online with people who don't have a Figma account - especially if those people could drop comment pins on designs. Another con would be that because it is cloud-based software that's doing some pretty heavy lifting, it does tend to be more sluggish than running on-premises software with a high-end computer. That said, it's a minor annoyance and something that's probably worth not having to spend thousands on high-end hardware.

Soledad M.

The best tool for UI Design

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

I started with Figma as a hard user last year, retaking a product designer role after a while of being Design Manager.
I preferred Figma or Sketch because the incredible feature of working online with clients and developers.
I watched all Figma official tutorial on Youtube and read the documentation and I feel able to give some advice after a year of design several products:
Designers has to read the documentation because there is a painful misused of the software in terms of poorly understanding of concepts in components and styles.
When you properly use Figma you can boost the speed of the Front-End Development.
Not recommended for, even when there are plugins for this:
Documentation.
Flows or Information Architecture.

Figma not only allows you to work online with your coworkers, also you have the possibility to add a lot of plugins and use resources offered by the community.
Also, the trial version it is very comfortable to test the tool in a way you can be sure of you are choosing the right option for you and your team.
Integrations with ZeroWheight to document your UI Kits, make of Figma the best tool in these days to work in teams of any size and develop Design Systems for your brand.

Maybe it could be a bit expensive for small companies (or freelancers in countries with less incomes like India, or here in Chile) in comparison with Adobe XD or Sketch, but the online feature made it totally worth it.
Sometimes has small usability issues and some tools are not easy to be discovered.
Also some interface changes are not warning notified and you have to figure out how the change works.

InVision App und Sketch

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

Figma allows to work online with your team

Murtaza A.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Never expected that design collaboration could be that easy.

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

All in one... I moved to Figma for the purpose of design collaboration but as I kept using it I realized it have everything that I need to design a product. From website design to mobile apps I'm all in on Figma. The prototype creation is smooth and the best part above all it kept improvising and understanding all about what we designers as a user want from a design tool.

Although the prototype creation is smooth but it only allows you to have one main frame on a page. That creates problem for me when creating prototypes for micro interactions. I have to create multiple pages to have multiple prototypes. There are easier ways in terms of experience to fix it and I hope sooner Figma will improve this part too.

Csaba H.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Figma should be the industry standard for UX/UI design

Bewertet am 23.12.2019

As somebody who deals with complex applications, the collaboration and design system capabilities Figma brings to the table is just awesome. I switched from Sketch which covers some of the functionality but it's very hard to create and maintain a design system which mirrors how developers build up interfaces. Figma enables and encourages you to think in components and build and scale a design system as oppose to individual screens. This approach is essential to any product-based business.

- Collaboration: follow every update in real time. Sharing designs with client? You don't need to worry if they look at the latest updates or not. Collaborating with others on a design? No need to sync or update - it happens in real-time and automatically.
- Components: very easy to use components and start to apply an atomic design approach.
- Design system-centered thinking: Figma nailed a bunch of tedious and cumbersome design tasks: for example, it was not intuitive to work with layer styles, text styles and colors in Sketch (before I switched to Figma in 2018). In Figma, you can apply a saved color to texts, vector objects - anything. Very easy to work with saved text presets as well - they all built in a way to help you re-use them.

- The design (UI) of the interface is not so nice :) After 2 weeks I stopped noticing it, but as a designer it bugged me at the beginning.
- In some cases it takes time to load.
- Figma updates the software regularly which in some cases means a completely new interface - and sometimes not all the updates are very intuitive (though they are iterating pretty rapidly so that's a good thing)

• Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Figma is more collaborative, more light weight and more shareable

Bewertet am 3.10.2021

Satisfied with using Figma for over 6 months. It supports importing projects from different file formats and also auto saves the project with version history. Version history is limited for free users.

Figma is a comparatively new designing/prototyping tool that has become so popular very fast. Unlike other similar tools Figma primarily works on web browsers. It works smoothly on any web browser which means your operating system doesn't matter. However if you would like to use it natively on your system desktop apps for Windows and macOS are also available.

An important feature that makes Figma so special is it's real-time collaboration feature where you can share your project with your team and watch them make changes in literally real-time and add comments, just like in Google Docs.

Everything in Figma is already known to designers who have been using other similar applications. So switching to Figma won't be a trouble. For beginners, Figma is a good tool to start with. It might feel a bit difficult at first, but you will start mastering it in no time. The features and interface are pretty straight-forward.

Figma is also a prototyping tool where you can prototype along while designing. The prototype could be run within the browser or it could be run on Figma's companion apps available on App Store and PlayStore called Figma Mirror. While prototyping you can also include some smooth animations and transition effects to give it a real app's look.

Figma has also got a powerful and active community where you can share your work and also reuse the works by other community members. If you are a student or an educator Figma will give you its professional version for free.

The desktop app for Figma on Windows sometimes get stuck or stay inactive for a while before it responds if we resume using it after a break. In Figma, advanced prototyping features are limited. This means that you can only assign one interaction per user-interface element. For example, you can either hover a button or click a button, not both.

The companion app called Figma Mirror feels a bit laggy on Android while testing the prototype.

• Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

The best of the best

Bewertet am 8.2.2021

Figma helps us prototype and design much more quickly than ever before. It's extremely helpful in creating results that can be reviewed by stakeholders and legal without much fuss.

Figma builds off what other similar solutions offer in providing a very simple, easy-to-use interface with both an web-based and app experience that makes it more versatile and useful in my day-to-day work. I also like that Figma does what a lot of other tools don't do: It factors in the importance of content within design.

Content within design relies on 3rd party plug-ins for Figma. It would be nice to see this functionality built into the app itself.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

Design leadership wanted to Figma because of its feature set.

Ease of use.
Jason F.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Figma is my new go to design software

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

Overall Figma has been great. There was a minimal learning curve, but we've found a lot of great resources to help us when we get to a sticking point. The commenting feature alone has made getting feedback from clients so much easier.

Using Figma saved us tons of time and money. Since switching over to Figma we've been able to increase productivity on web-based projects because of features like commenting that allow clients to give us direct feedback on our designs. Figma's free option has been great for us since we are a small team. It has also cut down on the cost of using Sketch and InVision.

There was a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to prototype sites in Figma. Since everything is cloud-based there can be issues with connectivity every once in a while, but it is fairly rare.

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

The cost was the main factor for switching, being able to use one piece of software for design and prototyping, versus two or three like we had to use before has saved us a lot of time and headache, too.

InVision App und Sketch

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

We heard good things about Figma from our friends and colleagues in other companies that made Figma more attractive.
Marcin M.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best design tool for collaborative work

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

If there is more than one designer in your team who have to collaborate on the same project, there is no better time to stay in sync and work on the same screens at the same time.

- Collaborative work in Real-Time
- Projects instead of files
- Intuitive interface
- Software speed
- Projects sharing with reviewers
- Free plan is enough for small teams

- Not too many plug-ins (Plug-Ins are quite new feature in Figma and the library is growing!)
- Custom fonts are not supported

Warum Figma gewählt wurde

At the time of the switch, there was a lack of features which allowed to collaborate on the same file in real-time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Figma

When choosing it, it was the best free app which allowed to collaborate. Also, from my experience its performance was much better on my machine (mac mini).