ProWritingAid Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Katrina
Katrina
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Supports better content, faster (and cheaper)

Bewertet am 3.8.2019

I'm a business writer (marketing consultant), author-publisher, and editor, so ProWritingAid is an essential part of my business. I absolutely work with human editors for big projects like books, but on the day-to-day content and short fiction where I'm on a tighter turn-around and production budget, ProWritingAid is a cost-effective and efficient way to clean up mistakes and add polish. As an editor/proofreader myself, I also use it to add value for my clients—ProWritingAid helps flag more potential corrections than I can catch in a single pass while freeing me up to keep a closer eye on the style and logic side of things.

My favourite feature is the overused words check. It's really useful to have grammatical errors and typos flagged as well, but one of the hardest things for me to catch when self-editing is too many uses of the same words in proximity. The automatic check helps me clean up content and get it out the door quickly, whether it's my own projects or as an editor.

I have older MS Word software, so it's not compatible and copying to and from the web editor can be a little clunky.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ProWritingAid

It was part of a business products and services bundle I purchased.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Way better than Grammarly

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

ProWritingAid has helped reduce the time it takes to get from first to final draft by half. Our content and copy is written by many people, with all kinds of writing backgrounds. It used to be a chore to pinpoint typos and makes corrections. Now, after running a few reports and working through them, we get great, readable SEO content in a fraction of the time.

I love ProWritingAid because there are so many helpful reports that allow you to get as detailed as you want when editing. I use the summary, style and grammar reports all the time. When I'm working on a larger marketing piece, I use the readability, pacing and other reports to help tighten my writing up. I also love how well the software integrates with Microsoft Word and Google Chrome. And one of my all-time favorite features is the word explorer. It's helped me pick the perfect word or phrase on numerous occasions. It's also nice that it's regularly updated with new and improved features.

I wish there was a way to use this on a mobile device. I'm writing this review on my phone, and I feel like I'm flying blind with ProWritingAid there to let me know about spelling, grammar and readability mistakes. I'd never produce marketing material on my phone, but I certainly write enough emails that I want to look and read professional.

ProWriting Aid Should Be Better

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

Overall, the software is a bit cumbersome and I'm probably going to go back to the other software I was using even though I've already paid for the lifetime subscription of this one.

I like the ability to purchase a lifetime subscription to the software. It allows me to edit my writing on various websites and in every writing app I use. It's convenient to use.

Purchasing the lifetime subscription does not include every feature offered by the software. For instance, plagiarism checks have to be purchased in addition to the editing and grammar check software. It's a hassle at best.

Warum ProWritingAid gewählt wurde

I thought it was going to be more cost effective to purchase a lifetime subscription rather than renewing annually.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ProWritingAid

It was the money that made my choice, but now that I've been using Prowriting Aid, I'll be switching back to Grammarly.
Félix
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

ProWritingAid is beyond standards

Bewertet am 8.8.2020

I switch the software on for my first time and started diving into its multiple options. I have learned more things with ProWritingAid than sixteen years in the Public Educational System.

Now, my essays are smooth, take less time to deliver my novels, and creative writing happens more often than ever.

ProWritingAid is a big deal. Think about a software able to change the way you work. Grammar corrections, all kinds of writing styles, complete informs, accurate feedback, comparative with writers and more I couldn't check.

Guys add [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the comparison writers.

Maria
Maria
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Easy

Bewertet am 24.2.2021

Great backup for editing

Great backup for editing

ProWriting has more features than similar products.
Facility on different platforms

It requires too much power and bandwidth

Sarah

Great

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

Haven't been using it for long but can't imagine writing without it now.

Haven't been using it for long but can't imagine writing without it now.

Extension edits and suggestions for many types of writing from business to creative. Absolutely love how I can use it for anything.

I've noticed it has issues inputting corrections without messing with the document's format when using with Google docs. I was editing a several-paged document, and it required me to reformat the entire document afterwards.

Surya
Surya
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Best Grammar & Spelling Checker

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

My overall experience is very satisfactory as it provides all the essential features which are expected from a good grammar checker tool.

It is a good-looking Grammer and spelling checker with lifetime perpetual license option. Grammer checking and spellcheck feature is as good as its alternative in the market. It also provides the in-depth reports and analyses.

It didn't have sentence re-phraser, which is required a lot specially for bloggers. Also, there is no Android app available.

Artitaya
Artitaya
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

The best software for writers and authors

Bewertet am 4.12.2022

There are ton of features that support all kinds of writing I need. They might be too many, but the trick is to select some features that suit for each project. I love how detailed information that ProWritingAid breakdown for their users. It’s the perfect tool for me as a writer and blogger. It’s not trying to change sentences and words into a totally different writing style that does not sound like mine, which I appreciated.

A web browser extension to check spelling and grammar is not working that well. It will be great if it can get some improvement in the future. I want to do a quick checking, but sometimes it doesn’t seem to work well.

Laura
Laura
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

ProWritingAid is Amazing!

Bewertet am 21.4.2021

I have had to contact customer service twice. 1st time because of an email address error I made, second for a new promotional offer I received. Their customer service was fantastic! They responded rapidly, were friendly, polite and helpful, and resolved my issues! They even refunded what I paid initially to honor the new offer I received!

It is easy to use and has numerous, detailed reports available that help me improve my writing.

The only thing I would complain about is it seems very difficult to scroll down and view all reports. I'm not sure if it's a screen size issue.

Gabriel
Gabriel
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My best grammarly alternative

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

I like all about ProWritingAid... Easy to use. Really useful and free.

I have not found currently one. I've used it for some weeks.

Matt
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid review. Notes from a small island (in the south pacific)

Bewertet am 11.9.2019

I've used the premium version for 18 months and have based my comments on my experience in that time. I use it both for work and for some of the creative writing I do.

I'm a massive fan of using technology to improve how I work and ProWritingAid is right up there as one of the most useful tools I use. It makes a significant difference to how long it takes me to write a document. I write fewer iterations and am more confident in the quality of my first draft because of it. I feel like it's not just correcting my grammar, but also helping me to become a better writer.

They have a free version as well as premium versions offering:
- monthly subscription
- yearly subscription
- lifetime license (approx 3.5x annual subscription)

I would strongly recommend it to anyone writing at work or at home. In my view, it is significantly better value than other editing and reviewing software on the market.

I like the fact that I can use it everywhere. It's available in Word, Chrome, and Google Docs. There's even a desktop application.

I like the real-time checker that identifies the quick fixes. But the real value is in the deeper reports. Don't be put off by the number of them - my advice is to have find out which ones you find most useful.

My favourites are:

1. Thesaurus report, which lets me quickly find better words to use.
2. Readability report, which focuses me on areas that I can improve.
3. Sticky sentences report, which helps me get straight to the point.
Once you know which ones you use most, you can combine them (it's called a Combo report) and with one click, you've got detailed analysis of your writing.

All software has pros and cons. While ProWritignAid is no different, it is worth saying that they do seem focused on continual improvement.

My main criticisms over the last 18 months have been:

1. No integration with Google Docs - this has now been released and works well.
2. It can be daunting how much it tells you about your writing but this is necessary - writing is complex. The more you use it, the better it gets.
3. When I was using the free version, the 500-word limit caught me out a few times. It's not an issue for any premium users, however.

Kennady

ProWritingAid - The Editing Software that you Need in Your Life

Bewertet am 10.2.2023

Overall, this software is the best I've ever worked with. It is beyond thorough, which is exactly what I needed for my novel editing needs. If you're on the line, get it, you won't regret it.

It's hard to pick just one thing, and ProWritingAid is a critical part of my writing process now. I'd say the absolutely thorough set of features is my favorite thing. They can pick up everything from simple grammar mistakes to things like adverb usage and filter words. I can't speak enough praise about them.

The dictionary and term base features don't always seem to work as intended. I'm not sure if it's an error on my side or not, but it would be nice to have the terms defined and have them show up in my writing as I go (so I can double check myself as I go). A way to add terms that aren't a CVS file would also be greatly appreciated.

Jovana
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid Will Make You More Than Pro Writer!

Bewertet am 20.11.2019

It helped me a great deal to improve my style. I initially used Grammarly and just of curiosity, I tried ProWritingAid -- only to learn that software can go beyond grammar and spelling. I feel like I grew as a writer by using ProWritingAid. However, it is a bit of pricey and perhaps some different grades/options can be introduced to satisfy variety of users.

ProWritingAid contains a number of features that will not only instantly correct and suggest alternative wording but that will gradually improve your overall writing skills. Unlike the popular competition, ProwritingAid has a more comprehensively take on writing, it goes beyond just correcting grammar and spelling but help you enhance your style as well. It provides a number of reports that can help you track the improvement of your writing skills. And of top of that, it works in Google Docs -- where all of my writing takes place. :)

It would be nice to have extensions for a variety of browsers, including Safari. But honestly, what I like the least about it is a price!

Manuel
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Is perfect and far superior to contenders

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

Prowritingaid assists me with making texts that are impeccably composed without spelling botches for the composing tasks I accomplish for my clients.

I like that it assists make my composition with going over better. I'm not the most ideal author and ProWritingAid is superior to gram... in convenience and the data it gives.

Missed an excessive number of errors - It generally proposes basic things that should be amended. The AI isn't savvy enough, yet, to see it's an end and not a deficient sentence. It enables you to overlook the standard, yet will it miss a genuine mistake then?

Christina

Use ProWriting Aid

Bewertet am 14.5.2023

This software enhances your writing and is a necessity no matter what you find yourself writing. The attachment for your browser is a game changer as well because it can help you on all facets of your writing without you having to open it and paste things in. This is a great product. The lifetime subscription helps save you money as well!

The thing I like the least is simply the monthly price as it is very expensive. I wish they had a cheaper monthly price.

Lori
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

ProWritingAid is my number one editor

Bewertet am 10.11.2022

I've used PWA for several years. I've tried the others and don't like them as well as this one.

I love being able to edit my manuscripts right away. It helps clean up the issues and to produce a polished copy.

It doesn't do well in Google Docs, which is what I use. I have to copy/paste it into a web editor, which requires a few extra steps. And then it doesn't maintain the formatting.

Andrew
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good Solid Produce

Bewertet am 3.11.2023

"I've been using ProWritingAid for quite some time, and as a person with profound dyslexia, it played a crucial role not only in helping me get through my degree and my MA but was also paramount during my PhD. One of the main selling points for me was the one-time payment option, although I'm not sure if they still offer it.The tool corrected all my spelling errors and helped me reconstruct sentences. Over time, I've noticed that this product has improved significantly. I especially appreciate the dedicated app for my Apple Mac, and its seamless integration with Word and other office programs."

While using ProWritingAid extensively, I've come across a few drawbacks. First, on the Apple platform, it's relatively easy to work around most issues, but the tool may not integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Word as you might expect.However, the dedicated app provides a wealth of information and is quite useful for more in-depth analysis. It's important to note that ProWritingAid may not be as fully functional as a dedicated AI writing program, but it's essential to understand that this tool was never intended for rewriting or completely generating crucial documents."

Kevin
  • Branche: Verpackung und Container
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Not a lot of trust that it works

Bewertet am 5.2.2021

I was very happy with the trial and bought the yearly subscription. The cost vs Grammarly is significantly less and appeared to work close enough to as well. After I started working in it I noticed it didn't catch nearly as much as Grammarly. It will still be helpful for emails and its not even in the league of Grammarly.
Yes Grammarly is the big player but their cost is hard to swallow for my simple business email corrections.

-Yearly Cost vs main competitor
-Easy to install
-Works with web browsers & Microsoft outlook
-Customer support

-Missed too many mistakes
-It always suggests very simple things that need to be corrected. The AI isn't smart enough, yet, to see it's a closing and not an incomplete sentence. It gives you the ability to ignore the rule, but will it miss a true error then?

Michael
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Share in the best editing program I have discovered.

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

It provide flexibility. With it been integrated with another program I use it will instantly highlight mistakes. If you choose you can disable that function and just write. At a later stage you can enable the function again and carry out your audit. I often do that because I do not want interruptions when I am in "the zone" if I can call it that. Their newest addition also allow for auditing where someone else assists and you provide a link for the other person to assist with auditing. There is also provision to make changes without changing the original text. It is an amazing addition.

Currently struggling with the integration with a program called Atticus. The staff is very helpful, but it problem has not been solved. Part of the problem is that I am a writer and not a technical expert, and often it take me a lot of time to complete requests from their staff.
A far more pertinent issue is that you cannot use the program if there is no electricity available. Unfortunately living in South Africa we have "load shedding" up to three times a day. From 09h00 until 11h00 this morning it happened unannounced.

Philani
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid is Only Worth For Fiction Writers

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

This tool is worth the effort assuming that you compose fiction broadly. It's the best grammar checker for fiction journalists as a result of its local help for Scrivener and extra composing reports which other sentence structure checkers don't offer. It's likewise worth the effort assuming that you esteem extra bits of knowledge about your composition, for instance, word-decision, similar sounding word usage, and so on.

In the event that you don't compose fiction widely, it is as yet a helpful grammar checker given it fits around your composing work process. Indeed it has a few peculiarities, however, it's a reasonable and exact sentence structure checker for most writers

Essential writing tool for fiction writers, in-depth review of your writing, great value for money, low CPU consumption, no monthly fee, and reports are very much insightful.

Slower than other grammar checkers, the free version has its limitations, no Android version of the software, it gives unnecessary suggestions to improve, not integrated with Google Docs, and reports can be confusing and overwhelming.

Alison
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

The best there is

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

ProWritingAid is the best editing program out there. It can distinguish between British and American English and is remarkably complete when you let it review an entire document at once for all that it can catch. It can catch inconsistent useage, for instance, along with wordy or muddy prose with overused words and clichés. This functionality matters most, but I also dearly love the fact that you can buy a permanent licence. I hate subscription software.

The program is best used as you write for my purposes. When it goes over an entire document with full reports after the fact, it can take a very long time to get through them all, and many of the suggestions might well be useful to a novice writer, but less so to an experienced professional who knows when to break the rules.

Godfrey
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's Cost Effective and Useful

Bewertet am 7.2.2023

It's a great proofreader and AI writing software. It's definitely worth the try.

ProWritingAid is not just for fixing grammar and spelling; it's a full writing assistant that can assist in the sales process or any reason for your writing. Using this software, you can fix sentence structure, find excessive adverbs and adjectives, and show your pacing, sentence length graph, and readability score. With it, you have a personal editor in your pocket. It's simple and easy to use; and flags issues you may not see when hand-reading your drafts. It even offers improvements and consistency suggestions.

There is no unlimited proofreading in the free version. Despite that, it's a great piece of software. Well worth checking out.

• Branche: Internet
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great tool for writers

Bewertet am 27.11.2019

Overall, I find this tool very useful when having to deal with a big amount of text or having to write a lot for work on a daily basis. It does offer a huge amount of insights and information to help you improve your writing skills over time.

ProWritingAid is a very nice tool to make sure all your content is written properly. It is extremely easy to use and you can set it up in just a few minutes. To start checking a document, you can upload an existing one or create a new one from scratchIt corrects your mistakes and classifies them in grammar, style, and spelling. This allows you to understand where you should improve. I found it very useful in the cases we have to write long manuals. It gives you endless possibilities to get further information about words (dictionary definitions, quotes, etc), same with extensive explanations of why your sentence needs corrections. The dashboard is very complete, and you find all the information on stats about your most common mistakes, key suggestions for improvements, vocabulary, etc.

As in my team, we usually do not write long documents and we use it mostly for emails and presentations, we have decided to use another alternative tool as we found it more suitable for our purpose. Something that offered a 'check on the go'

At the time I tried it, they offered only the yearly subscription and the free trial was 14 days. It would be nice to have other subscription options that are more flexible

Ismail Siraje
Ismail Siraje
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Do you know how many errors this thing covers?

Bewertet am 5.4.2021

Grammer
speelings

Grammer
speelings

Since I write every day and consider myself a human being who is ever learning and sharpening my craft, this is where ProWritingAid comes in.
Do you know how many errors this thing covers? IT'S A MUST HAVE for every one who types over 10 words.
cheers
it corrected this review too 👌👌👌

nothing so fur since I use the free version

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ProWritingAid

traction in the market its huge
Emilio
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A helping hand for grammar

Bewertet am 3.1.2021

Pretty good. I think it has helped me think about composition and flow and being a more efficient writer.

I like the reports and the interactive help.

They are a bit aggressive when writing, interrupting with pop-ups without giving me chance to correct a mistake I know I've made. I would prefer a delay of a second or so between the time I click on a highlighted word and when the pop-up comes up. That would allow me to edit it on my own.

It doesn't do as well allowing for stylistic choices, especially for fiction where a writer might make choices that may not be strictly governed by grammatical rigor. By far, they are really aggressive with passive voice, but sometimes that's what I want.