VNC Connect Erfahrungen

Klaus
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertung VNC Viewer

Bewertet am 29.1.2024

Zuverlässiges Produkt, wo mehrere Geräte parallel angelegt werden können.

Braucht sehr gute Internetverbindung für die Fernwartung

Mekala Harinath
Mekala Harinath
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Great Software for remote access

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

I have been using VNC for the past two years. During the pandemic, VNC really helped me a lot to connect to my system at the workplace to run simulations. It is very easy to use and is very stable. I absolutely recommend VNC.

I have not had any issues with VNC so far.

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Solid Alternative to TeamViewer

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

So far the experience has been good. Our employees have been able to work remotely during the pandemic.

VNC Connect is a reliable way to access your computer remotely. While the program is solid in it's own right, we were drawn to this product because of its affordability compared to TeamViewer.

If we had a criticism, I was that the program is slightly challenging for the the staff to use without receiving guidance from someone with experience.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

RemotePC, TeamViewer Remote und Zoho Assist

Warum VNC Connect gewählt wurde

VNC connect is much more affordable

Zuvor genutzte Software

TeamViewer Remote

Gründe für den Wechsel zu VNC Connect

VNC connect had the best overall value.
Brittany
Brittany
  • Branche: Bau
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Seems like more issues than not

Bewertet am 11.12.2018

Does what we need it to do. However, we do not feel secure 100%.

Does what we need it to do. However, we do not feel secure 100%.

Great for tapping into your desktop from anywhere, especially for me because I use an iPad to tap into my desktop, which I believe would be a little more difficult than using a traditional laptop. I have to go to the VA a few times a week which is an hour from our office so it's very necessary for me to be able to look at the schedule remotely when I'm not here. You have to go into your iPad settings, click the VNC option on and then pull up VNC app and go into your desktop. If you close out of the iPad, it will knock you out and you will have to redo those steps which is annoying but not difficult.

I'm not sure if this is how our IT guy set it up or what, but it leaves a lot of the backend open with potential for hackers. I don't know if this can be changed or not... It does seem like we are a little vulnerable while using this software to tap in. It also has a weird setup on the desktop to where if this certain program isn't running in the background all the time, then it won't let us remote in. Which is difficult if you are not here at the office to turn it on. It seems to always stay up on the desktop though. Again, this may be the fault of our IT guy setting us up this way.. Not too sure..

Alec
Alec
  • Branche: Halbleiter

Very simple VNC Program

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

My overall experience with VNC Connect is positive, and I will continue using it as my main tool for connecting to VNC sessions because of how simple and straightforward the program is!

I like how simple this program is, and it enables me to quickly and efficiently connect to a VNC session without having to deal with the complicated bells and whistles of other programs. I like how simple it is -- all I have to do is type in my VNC details, and the program is up and running!

What I like least about this program is that it lacks additional features which other VNC programs offer. For example, I have found great challenges getting my VNC to display properly on multiple monitors using this program, and the VNC connect tool doesn't allow me to specify options for this.

Gihan
Gihan

Easy Connect with VNC

Bewertet am 4.6.2021

Overall if you are not worry about security, this is a very good solution for connect remote PCs. and this has free and paid versions also. But I'm not recommending the free version to install in corporate environment. Free is good for home use.

If you are thinking about just connect to a remote PC, This is the best solution. this is completely simple, only you have to install VNC service, then set a connection pin, that's all. VNC connect is very lightweight and if you know the remote pc's IP address and pin, you can connect to the pc just one click, and the process is unattended.

My unlick thing is the security, considering the connecting method, that is very unsecure, if stranger found the PC IP and PIN any how, he can access to the PC without any trouble.

• Branche: Metallabbau

An Computer Support Technician's Best Friend

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Having used VNC for over 10 years, I don't know how we'd do our job without it.

Having used VNC for over 10 years, I don't know how we'd do our job without it.

Our help desk manages a large campus with many buildings. VNC allows us to easily connect to our users' desktop and address their issues remotely. We also often support users that are travelling, and are outside of our corporate network. VNC Connect does not require that the user has a VPN connection before we can gain access. We also appreciate the viewer apps available for mobile devices.

The drop-down toolbar is anchored to the top-center of the screen. There are times when it would be helpful to be able to move it to an alternate location, like you can in RDP sessions.

Dustin
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Great Remote Access Tool

Bewertet am 14.8.2018

I use this daily to connect to the company end users. It's really easy to connect to computers on our network by using the computer name. I have nearly 300 users that I support on a daily basis and the small footprint allows me to open multiple windows and help several users at once. The ability to have multiple connections open without slowing my machine down is invaluable.

The only real gripe I have with VNC is that the way it supports multiple monitors is really odd. I can't get a full screen view without having a scaling window that I have to resize. If I try anything else it just gets very distorted.

Angus
Angus
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Stable VNC Software That Works Great For Linux

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

Since day one, every experience I've had with VNC Connect has been a positive one, it's easy to set up, easy to maintain and is very stable. It's my go to for VNC software these days.

I like how stable VNC Connect is, I've been able to run it 100+ days without any crashes on my Linux server. I haven't experienced that stability with any other VNC software.

The only thing I dislike about VNC Connect is that it doesn't work well with a select few desktop environments.

Shawn C.
Shawn C.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easiest way to manage multiple PCs on a network

Bewertet am 28.12.2018

Free for home use and super easy to set up. Allows me to control all of my computers from one place without having to move from room to room for troubleshooting, installing applications, etc.

It can sometimes be difficult to get the software set up to work remotely (through a firewall/router).

Cassandra
Cassandra

Ease of use.

Bewertet am 28.1.2019

VNC has been fantastic for remotely resolving issues for our users. It has an easy setup process. It is also very easy to use and maneuver.

Sometimes swapping between screens when we remote into a machine with dual screens is tedious.

Chitrang
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Great remote access software

Bewertet am 30.11.2022

It lets you control every device or server just by sitting at one place. It helps coordinate well between the team mates and increases productivity.

It has become a great tool for work from home. Its interface is user friendly. Its setup is really easy and company's employees can operate any devices sitting anywhere.

Pricing is on higher side. Also, I experienced a little lag while switching between the remote devices. Otherwise, the software is good.

Tom
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Performs the advertised functions (mostly) very well

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

Overall VNC Connect is an excellent piece of software for the price point, it enables us to assist customers and our own staff without needing resource in the local area.

It's relatively easy to setup, it enables us to perform tasks remotely, access using iOS app is great, and as long as your internet connection is good it is very responsive.

Most of the pros are also the cons, whilst it's relatively easy to setup it could be easier, without a good internet connection it can be a little unreliable.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

TeamViewer Remote und AnyDesk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu VNC Connect

Functionality vs price
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Long-term success

Bewertet am 10.11.2018

This software has allowed me to manage servers and desktop operations LITERALLY from all across the world.

I've been a RealVNC client for over eight years now. Have had very little need for support, because their product just works!!! We've set up several different desktops and servers with their remote software and have found no issues for Macs or PCs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

The only issue I have experienced lately has been that the Mac OS viewer has difficulty closing down, but that has been fixed in the latest version.

VNC - The Real Viewer

Bewertet am 23.8.2021

Remote Assisting and Remote controlling made very much more manageable with VNC. Even easy file sharing.

The small in size installation file for endpoints is very much useful when it comes to deployment in a organization with lot of branch officers.

When renewing the VNC subscription, we are unable to push it centrally from the server. Instead we have to key in or import the license file from VNC endpoint.

Raúl
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

The best way to support

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Very satisfied with this way to support.

Very satisfied with this way to support.

the possibility of supporting multiple devices with guarantees

when to connection isn't to strong makes some delays and desconections

Ts Muhammad Hafiz
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Live screen sharing during remote desktop troubleshooting

Bewertet am 15.9.2022

In some cases, the freeware can be use for learning purposes (good for students to explore more on remote sharing/troubleshooting)

1) It was great product that have ability to remote desktop screen user without interruption user view
2) Once you have successful remote connection, the session will save in your recent activity and if you require to reconnect again with that PC, just click the previous session shortcut
3) It was stable connection without having any issue for disconnection unless if there are network failure during the incident/troubleshooting

None, it was totally great products for live session remote troubleshooting that has been use in our division

Paul
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

No better VNC software out there, the most stable solution

Bewertet am 12.7.2022

I've had an absolutely great experience using the software, it's solved the issue of finding a stable VNC solution, and made connecting to my server in a Desktop environment very easy.

I've been using VNC Connect for over 5 years now due to the stability. No other VNC software which I've used in the past has been nearly as stable. I've had my server up for over 8 months straight and absolutely no stability issues with VNC Connect.

The only issue I can see with VNC Connect is the amount of technical knowledge needed to get it set up and use it, when I first started using it, it took a bit of time to get used to and learn about all the functions.

• Branche: Animation
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Every day program

Bewertet am 28.11.2018

We use this software constantly in school, and its a much better alternative than the old whiteboard and markers, specially since my school is an animation school.

That you can broadcast to an almost unlimited number of computers and you can decide who sees it or not by stablishing a password. Also, you can send files to the computers that see the broadcast or you can even let those computers control the main one.

The delay can be sometimes troublesome, specially when playing video or animations

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Most Well-known Remote Desktop software

Bewertet am 24.12.2019

Overall, this is the most well-known remote desktop software on the market. The Free version will get you all the basic function you need for most remote desktop needs. This is especially the main tool on Linux OS

Simple and free (they do have paid version for more features). If I want something quick, this is the solution I will go with. Also, it is nice that it support many different platforms, especially useful for Linux OS as many other Remote Software lacks the support on Linux

File support does not comes with free version.

Interface is very simple, a bit too simple i think as it does not look modern enough

I find performance a concern as well. Compare with other Remote Desktop software, this one seems to be lagging the most

And I do not able to get Audio on Mac, not sure if it is an isolated issue

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Love RealVNC

Bewertet am 9.5.2018

I use this app everyday. More secure and easier to use than other remote control programs. Small footprint.

Needs updates often. Occasionally the service stops running on a machine and I have to use an alternative to remote control then.

massimo
massimo
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

It provides a more granular control on the connection parameters than other "competitors" do.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

My feeling is that large companies may often rely on VNC over competitors because of the more explicit settings of the connection security parameters it provides. I like very much the VNC address book they provide, where you can conveniently safe all the connection parameters of your connections.

It uses way more bandwidth than competitors. Displayed quality is the worst, when compared to "TeamViewer", "Teradici" or Microsoft Remote Desktop".
It requires to VPN into the local server first, if you are trying to remote connect from outside your work network.

Ashwani
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good software to connect to Virtual desktops

Bewertet am 19.7.2022

Ease of use, connectivity, ability to save and connect to different VDIs

Slowness issue - at times the connection and hence vdi seems to be slow

• Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good tool to connect to remote servers

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

Helps to connect to remote servers and helps to run simulations on those servers.

Crashes at times and also gets frozen. also support for issues can be improved.

Damon
Damon
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Works well for static screens

Bewertet am 20.11.2020

The tool ultimately was not a good solution for remote testing audio/video applications.

I evaluated VNC Connect as a remote access tool for my engineering organization. I like the ease of configuration, and it works well with computers on the same network. I find it most useful for demonstrations or to share a screen for debugging.

The connection is encrypted and performance suffers as a result. The tool is not useful for remote testing video or audio applications, as the performance is not fast enough to be viewable.