Mailbird Erfahrungen

Tomas
Tomas
  • Branche: Marktforschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Bewertet am 10.9.2022

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Cameron
  • Branche: Design

Great for micro businesses

Bewertet am 6.2.2023

Love that it's simplified, love that I can customize and add other communication apps like Teams, Slack, etc. but it needs less 'all Google' and more options for MS365 users...give people actual options, unlike every other tool out there (all google focused) - not every micro business likes Google!!!!

Super easy to use, setup, and keep all communication tools in one place

HATE, HATE, HATE that its Google focused - not everyone likes Google - please make more features available for Microsoft 365 users!!! Like SharePoint, Word, Excel, etc. as an app option! Stop with Google crap!

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

If You Have An Exchange Account that isn’t related to a business, don’t buy this!!!

Bewertet am 24.7.2021

This is the third time in the last few years that I’ve bought and used mailbird. I immediately remembered upon buying it why I deleted it very soon after… upon writing their customer support really hit home these issues:
Here’s a paraphrased conversation from their support:
Me: Hi, I have an exchange account that is my school account as I am a student that needs to work with the other inboxes. It’s not a business and I don’t need business features or to pay for a business plan bc I am not a business- is there a work around? Otherwise I’d appreciate a refund. Things weren’t as advertised and not I’m being bombarded with messages within the app to upgrade to business and I don’t have a business account.
Support: you can change the IMAP settings.
Me: how/where/what do you I change them to? You have no docs or articles to help and your doesn’t allow me to do anything other than choose a new url for the outgoing server. I cannot even access the incoming server.
Support: (a different person) Buy MB business! (Then proceeds in many different long paragraphs to try to sell me a business upgrade/account.
Me: I cannot delete the exchange account as the app crashes. Once again, I am not a business and won’t be upgrading just to have my student account with my other four accounts. Please help me by addressing the other things I spoke to.
Support: x4 more times (ignores my concerns) Buy business!! (Proceeds in paragraphs to try to sell me MB Business, pasted similar pitch…

The UI and the ease of use, versus outlook, mail, etc.

They have absolutely terrible support that fails to seemingly even read your request, let alone addrsss your concerns and help you work through them. One thing I can say is that their support the last time I ordered this product was MUCH BETTER. They changed their app so the workaround for adding an exchange account seems virtually impossible unless you want to upgrade to business. And then they repeatedly ram you into buying a business account, regardless of whether you need it or not. As someone whose worked in customer success, service, and sales for 18+ This company likely won’t survive if their only response to complains and issues is ramming a product the customer doesn’t need down their throats and not addressing any of their issues. Good support that retains customer and reduces churn actually had the customer’s best interest in mind… it’s clear by how things are ran here, and my multiple support tickets that all pan out the same, that is most definitely not the case with this product. Such a shame bc I actually love the functionality, and as a web developer, I know that UIX with these apps are absolutely terrible.

Deena
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Pay once and never have to pay for your desktop calendar, email, todolist again.

Bewertet am 2.7.2021

Similar to Outlook but it can be purchased as a stand-alone, which Outlook can't. No need to worry about continually having to pay for another upgrade, pay once and forget about it. Lifetime free upgrades. Can sync to google calendar, Todoist, Facebook, LinkedIn, among other apps. Works well with digitally signed emails.

So far, there is nothing that I do not like about Mailbird.

Christopher J
Christopher J
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Bewertet am 3.3.2020

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Wiktor
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Mail Manager, Not-Great Search Option.

Bewertet am 9.6.2023

It helped me with organizing my emial with other software, note takings, calendar, tas managing etc. On the other hand, due to the poor search/filter option it did not help me with client communication, because i had problems with finding whole conversation with specific client.

Speed, design, integration with third party software. I hold mail managment, organization, delivery status, character of notifications in a high regard. I would recommend this product for those who like elegant design and subtle notifications.

Search/filter feature is definately the worst part of MailBird. It works especially bad at large noversation, when you send one email to large group of nondisclosed recepients. MailBird groups it in one big conversation, and when the responder send response e-mail it is hard to find it later.

Antwort von Mailbird

Hi Wiktor,

Many thanks for your feedback - we're working on improving our search and filter functionalities. We realise that some customers would like more options, and we will do our best to deliver them in due course.

Thanks for using Mailbird, and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Giacomo
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great app for managing email

Bewertet am 14.10.2023

With Mailbird I can manage both mail and other very useful apps for my work from a single program without having to always change the work window.

it might be easier to customize but that's not a big deal

Stephen
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The only real option for managing multiple email, contact and calendar services from one tool

Bewertet am 10.8.2023

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

The ability to easily and ergonomically harmonise numerous contact, calendar and email sources across Google Workspace and Microsoft is unparalleled.

Maybe a unified mail folder structure feature would be helpful, but with full Google-style shortcut support you do not really notice this.

Gary V
Gary V
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Great Product

Bewertet am 14.10.2023

All my social media accounts, calendar and apps in the sidebar. Saves time because everything is there at a glance.

Nothing to not like. What more can I say!

Wayne
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Version 3.0 violates my original license agreement

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

Good until v 3.0. The interface was very good for users with only one email address.

I used to like their purchase once, and get lifetime updates license.

I had a perpetual lifetime license but after the latest update, they are trying to force me to subscribe!! I think a class action lawsuit may be in order.

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

Bewertet am 7.6.2019

I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check.

I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there).

Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do.

"Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. "
(this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.)

All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program.

There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

Erika
Erika
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Mailbird has a great interface for managing multiple mail accounts

Bewertet am 1.4.2023

Overall, I stopped looking for another app, and so, for my, the glitchy integrations are not enough for me to move on to another app, because I really like the user interface of Mailbird.

I like the interface overall. I use it for a total of ten distinct mailboxes for diffferent companies and roles, and Mailbird gives me enough ways to separate these things, while still having a catch-all inbox, which they call Unified Inbox, in case I ever achieve Inbox Zero.

I have yet to be able to get the integrations to work - Zoom and Google Calendar are the two I would use the most. I also find the Chrome and facebook integrations glitchy - when I had them integrated and would open a link in Mailbird, I could not close the window, ever, so that it was blocking the screen until I force closed the mailbird process altogether.

W Lawrence
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

An ABSOLUTE Waste of Time and Money

Bewertet am 14.10.2023

I have wasted more time with this program than any other. Thunderbird is a much better interface. Tech support is useless. You will have to ask your question 3-4 times before they actually read it and answer you. They will send you a GPT response that has nothing to do with your question or the person answering cannot speak English or is not reading the question.

It looks good until you have to use it, then the pretty interface becomes very inefficient..

Limited move capability. You can move but only a few messages at a time. The lack of continuous synching with Google Calendars. If they deny this, I have the email from tech support that says they do not do it.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Microsoft Outlook

Warum Mailbird gewählt wurde

Thunderbird does not have a STOP DOWNLOADING button. I thought Mailbird might. Wrong.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mailbird

I went back to Thunderbird and Outlook.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Most reliable Gmail client

Bewertet am 27.5.2019

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

Bewertet am 7.8.2021

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird.

Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations...

Bewertet am 19.4.2018

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

George
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Bewertet am 28.5.2019

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily...

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time
Very cheap for what it offers
Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup
Dark mode UI

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable.
There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast
Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients
No functional proprietary spam filter

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best email client I've found!

Bewertet am 28.5.2019

Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Vipin

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Bewertet am 27.5.2019

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

eM Client

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mailbird

Simplicity and fastet sync and response.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best email management software you only need

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

Filtering email is sooo easy with Mailbird. ♥ I have 10+ emails and managing them in one platform is such a huge deal for me. I also love their mail tracking, when someone has opened your email already. I know there's so much to explore though I've been using it for more than a year already.

Looking forward to create email filter at once.

Rafa
Rafa
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

All your email accounts and your social networks on a single screen

Bewertet am 4.7.2023

It saves me a lot of time, seriously.

It saves me a lot of time, seriously.

It greatly streamlines the task of managing my professional contacts on a day-to-day basis. It has become an essential app for me.

Perhaps the speed of operation is a bit of a weak point of this software. Although by no means is it serious enough not to use it. When this aspect is improved it will become, in my opinion, the market leader.

Gary
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Mailbird to the Rescue

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

As noted above, I was looking for a solution for an offline email client. I wanted to try out clients before settling on a particular client. Mailbird free version gave me the opportunity to test the software for my needs before making an investment. Mailbird was easy to set up.
i did have issues with syncing at times, but the help notes gave me a suggested solution and have not had a problem since.

I needed to find an offline mail client to access my AOL mail and be able to respond offline to send later.
I wanted to have access to my contacts and be able to send group emails, changing groups as needed easily and quickly.

Sometimes syncing is an issue, but that may be due to the different internet connections while traveling.

Jonathon
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware

Great software!

Bewertet am 6.11.2019

I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Juan Franco
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

If there's one email client that made my life easier?

Bewertet am 27.5.2019

It made managing emails enjoyable and with the intuitive controls and UI/UX design, it's not that hard to notice. They also give bang for your buck when you subscribe to their premium package. I've been using it since 2017 and intend to use it longer.

This would be it. I've tried other email clients and this was by far the easiest to install and sync all my accounts. Working with different email addresses in work and personal with Mailbird made everything seamless. Their customer service is also top notch. The updates are delivered in a timely manner and they care about their clients so much. And the GoT themes? Just WOW!

To be honest, there wasn't. It was my fault on why I my personal website's email wouldn't sync. As far as cons go, there is none that I've encountered.

Mehmetali
  • Branche: Bau

Most Functional E-Mail Client

Bewertet am 5.8.2019

I have never used another e-mail client, since I met Mailbird. I hope thats enough.

I have been reaching my e-mail account by Web browser for along time. I discover Mailbird and everything changed. Most functional e-mail client I have use ever. User interface is so simplificative. It has not so many buttons on UI like others. Interface not exhausting for eyes. Especially Ideal for intensive works. You can focus directly e-mail contents. Dark Theme and many extensions makes it more cool.

Twitter extension does not work and internal İnternet browser should be more functional.