Pixlr

Kostenloser Foto-Editor für Grafikdesigner

Ali K.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Fast, powerful, smart, and very simple! The best online photo editor for daily photo editing

Bewertet am 20.2.2021

It feels great when you can do the same simple daily graphic tasks without the need for a laptop or PC. Sometimes you want to complete a graphic design with your idea and post it quickly, which has been a dream come true for me with this platform. Pixlr X is a wonderful online editing tool for me. It saves me time and money, and by reducing my design time, I can quickly post a beautiful post with my favorite text on my business social media and pages. In our company, each unit independently creates simple graphic works of its section and publishes them on the site.

Photos can be edited very quickly and quickly through the browser. Sometimes I am on the road and need to design and create a new visual post for my LinkedIn or Instagram and I need graphic work that must prepare and post in less than ten minutes via my phone or iPad. This platform is great because it is both fast and works with any device and it gives me a sense of comfort while working. It has many ready-pre-built beautiful templates. Even a beginner can edit their favorite photo and edit effects, text, and resize without the need for a professional computer.

It’s a powerful and fast tool, only some new features should be added to it and normally there is no bug or problem and everything works perfectly. Adding the following items will be much more complete and professional: Missing Curves Tool, it doesn’t support BMP and Tiff format, need auto photo extension converter tool, and the most important thing is online cloud storage space to save projects, they must add this feature.

Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud und BeFunky

Warum Pixlr gewählt wurde

Some previous apps and software either needed a computer or were not compatible with the iPad or tablet browser, which caused errors and crashes, but Pixlr X is great.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Pixlr

Great price and better performance, and more simple photo editing tools.
Sarah H.
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Pixlr - Social Media Graphics

Bewertet am 21.7.2020

Pixlr has been a life saver for me when I first started creating social media creative. Photoshop was very overwhelming to me at the time and Pixlr was a wonderful resource that gave non-designers like me the tools to spin up quick graphics in no time.

Pixlr offers excellent multi-purpose templates specifically designed for social media graphics and ads. There are so many variations with sizing and dimensions across all the social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) and Pixlr is an excellent tool that has a free option to adjust dimensions specific to your channel without having to be skilled in Photoshop. The Pixlr Marketplace is an excellent resource for content planning and creation and offers beautiful inspiration to our design team. The layouts are very modern and sophisticated and aren't too text-heavy, which is perfect for ad content, especially on Facebook and Instagram.

I often find that we have been using Canva more than Pixlr lately because Canva offers a much larger array of templates and the drag and drop features in Canva are a little easier to use. I wish Pixlr would have a better team dashboard where we can organize projects by client and assign various team members to each one.

Canva

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Pixlr

The free verison was unbeatable and offered the tools that I needed (as an inexperienced designer) and it was very easy to learn how to use them properly. There are also great tutorials available!
Deb P.
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy to use, powerful but still needs some work

Bewertet am 14.9.2021

I've been using it regularly for photo editing for the graphics I use in my business. It's easy and quick to use. If it weren't for the glitches, I'd be a raving fan. Again, I assume they're working on it and things will improve.

I like how easy it is to use. I like that it doesn't take forever to load (like Photoshop). I especially love the background remover and color replacer functions.

It's a bit glitchy. Especially the automatic background remover tool. I assume the developers are working on getting the bugs out and I'm willing to wait.

Canva

Warum Pixlr gewählt wurde

Photoshop takes forever to load and it's more complicated than I need. I'm not a professional designer. I just need to make some basic edits quickly and easily. Removing a background in Pixlr takes a fraction of the time as it does in Photoshop.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Pixlr

Pixlr is more robust. The price is also great.
Braden W.
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Full Scope Free Photo Editor

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

Overall Pixlr is an excellent tool! I highly recommend for small business designers, especially if you wear multiple hats within your organization.

Per the title, you can use this free!

There are three versions of Pixlr 1) Pixlr E, which is the "advanced" version that is really intended for intermediate-to-advanced designers; and 2) Pixlr X, which is the basic photo editor, intended for entry level designers and/or quick photo editing; and 3) Pixlr Premium, this is the paid version. To clarify, Pixlr E is completely free as well, no added subscription or "pro" upgrade. Functionally, Pixlr E's platform mimics the layout and functionality of Photoshop, and Pixlr X is more closely related in function and format to Photoshop Express.

Pixlr offers a wide variety of preset templates that provide a lot of benefit to expedite the design process. You will find blank artboard templates with preset dimensions for specific social media applications, so you don't have to worry about manually adjusting your dims each time you start a new post! Additionally, they offer a wide variety of pre-designed plug-and-play templates. Created by third-party designers, these plug-and-play templates are catered to all sorts of industries and applications - need a flyer for your classroom there's a template for that, need a brochure for a new product there's a template for that. The only caveat is that not all templates are free.

Lastly, both platforms are cloud based, so you access them using the browser. This feature can be incredibly beneficial due to the file size and RAM it takes to run design programs on your PC.

Honestly, I can't really think of much negative about this product. If you are looking for additional functionality and can't find it with the Premium Paid version, you probably are in need of an alternative software altogether!

On-the-move photo editing

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

I turn to Pixlr X whenever I need a quick photo edit and the tool delivers most of the time. I have also used it extensively to work with mockups, also with good results.

Pixlr X is one of the most complete free web photo editing tools that I've used so far. It has all essential controls and a handy selection of pre-made filters.

Some tools like heal can be very slow and buggy, even in small images.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

One of the best Web photo editors

Bewertet am 25.8.2020

Pixlr X has often been my go-to tool when it comes to basic image editing tasks, mostly for Facebook posts.

Probably the biggest advantage Pixlr X has is its simplicity. It provides an intuitive interface with most of the basic tools you'd need for simple editing tasks. You can use it immediately without even having to create an account.

It lacks some handy tools like clone and healing. Plus, it forces you to downsize large pictures.

Al M.

Cost & Time Saving - Very useful "photoshop-like" web tool

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

Generally easy to use & quite reliable. For a web-based program, it's quite stable & usable. I use it nearly daily for client work

It would be nice to have some additional features native to the application and improvements on the magic wand selector

Adobe Illustrator
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic option for doing quick photo work!

Bewertet am 6.5.2021

I use Pixlr for my side work and am thrilled to have invested in purchasing it. I use the software as my go-to for quick photo edits and social media post creation. I've used this for so many uses for simple graphic editing that I can't imagine not having it for image resizing, editing, and social media content creation. It is easy to use, intuitive, and I've never experienced an outage attempting to use it. There is a great tool for a content creator on the go who doesn't need to do extensive work that you may require Photoshop for but it still has 'most' of the features that the far more expensive platform has built in.

This is a way to edit photos from anywhere as long as you have an active Internet connection and having an account with them allows you to recall older creations on the fly.

My only downside to this is if you're used to having templates from alternate options like Canva there is far less to choose from though the selection has been expanding over the past year.

Javier D.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Incredible editing tool!

Bewertet am 31.5.2021

One of the best editing software I have used so far, it has helped me improve so much on the quality of my projects and make them seem very professional. HIGHLY recommended.

I love how you can use it anywhere you are since this software is available on almost any device, the amount of unique and useful tools this software provides in order to improve your projects, images, etc. without having to pay anything, all with a very intuitive design.

Since Pixlr is a free software, it has many advertisements, and unfortunately, they become a little bit annoying after several times you have used this software. But I guess that is the price you pay for such cool software.

Sara D.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Un Tool di Photo Editing eccezionale e semplice

Bewertet am 23.7.2021

Uno dei migliori software di editing che ho usato finora, perché mi ha aiutato a migliorare i miei progetti e a farli sembrare molto professionali. Inoltre riesco a ridimensionare le foto per renderle del peso e formato adatto al mio blog senza perdere la qualità.

Pixlr è molto comodo poiché puoi usarlo ovunque tu sia, essendo disponibile su quasi tutti i dispositivi. Ha tantissime funzionalità e strumenti utili per migliorare i progetti, immagini, foto, con un design intuitivo.

Ci sono molte pubblicità e a volte rallenta, ma credo che guardare qualche spot sia il minimo per poter usare il software gratuitamente.

Danielle N.
  • Branche: Design
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A Handy Tool for Specific Photo Editing Tasks

Bewertet am 28.4.2021

I use Pixlr in my web browser maybe 6 to 12 times a year when I need to do specific photo editing tasks (explained in the "Pros" section). For those occasions, I have not found a basic tool that does what I need, and I don't want to open an actual sophisticated software like Photoshop. In those instances, popping into Pixlr (which I have bookmarked) has been so quick and easy. Since I use other tools for graphic design, taking the time to learn those features in Pixlr - or to pay for Pixlr premium - doesn't make sense for me.

I can use the free version of Pixlr in my web browser without even creating an account.
Sometimes all I need is to crop or resize a photo or add a filter, and Pixlr quickly and easily does the trick. In fact, if you're uploading a really large image, Pixlr will give you a couple standard options for loading into the editor in a smaller size, such as full HD or smaller for the web. When you're done with whatever edits you wanted, in the Save/Download dialogue you again get options for adjusting the file size and dimensions. Often reducing the quality even just to 90% saves you a lot on file size while still giving you sufficient quality for your purposes.

The Pixlr developers seem to periodically modify the interface slightly and where certain options are located. Since I don't use Pixlr that frequently, sometimes I feel a little lost when opening the app after a gap. It takes me bit of extra time to find my way around again.
Also, in the free version you have to deal with ads popping up. Some are in the sidebar, but sometimes you have to close ones that cover part of the editing interface.
Both these "cons" can be a bit annoying. But I totally understand and put up with them since I don't need Pixlr so often

• Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Shifting how my brain works

Bewertet am 14.9.2020

My brain is very verbal, I prefer to work with words. In the modern world visuals, colourful graphics and memes are a primary form of communication, and I have needed to move and learn in order to keep up and appeal to prospects. Pixlr X has let me do this, and I am convinced the images I have created with it have facilitated many new client relationships -- most especially with people under 40.

I use Pixlr X a lot, and I am still finding new features and discovering shortcuts that make continued use simpler and the results more varied.
I have zero background in graphics or visual arts, and Pixlr X helps me to create appealing memes to use in my marketing on Twitter and FaceBook and on my website.

The Pixlr X software is fine; I have been annoyed with my own inabilities to see what is directly in front of me. Features such as resizing can be done from several different places within the flow of use, and having found one I reused it over and over for months before noticing that I could do it in the save-screen and eliminate that extra step. Learning all the time!

Kim T.
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Pixlr E / Pixlr X - The best, FREE, photo-editing software

Bewertet am 23.3.2020

Considering that Pixlr X is FREE to use, this is a supreme value for the functions it offers.

I do believe the magic wand tool has improved significantly, as prior, I would often still be left with white outlines, which were tedious to delete. Overall, I am satisfied with Pixlr, and I appreciate that they offer such a high-quality program, free-of-charge.

I preferred the original Pixlr Editor, due to the ease in recognizing which icon was for which tool, the size and format of the layering map, and the ability to move between files more readily. Prior, you could select the destination for the saved file; now it defaults to "downloads", and then you have to move them. I believe the previous format was more understandable, and contained icons which were universally understood.

Travis J.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Solid, but learning curved

Bewertet am 24.2.2021

It was great, but I transitioned for the most part. I keep it bookmarked just in case and have gone back a few times to solve some unique problems. My team just couldn't pick it up like I'd hoped.

Pixlr was my go to for years. It helped me manipulate, update, and fix so many things over the years. I appreciate that it's cloud based and the free version is effective.

It would never fail how often the deselect just would not work. It could have been user error, but so many times my magic wand would be stuck on for no apparent reason and I would have to toggle through programs and almost trick the program into letting me deselect highlighted areas of my project.

Destine C.
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Like it a little

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

Dont like it like that does nothing for me

You can edit photo perfect but somethings would not work.

you can not inport nothing on macbook it treaks can not even open stock layers

Nicholas S.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Great photoshop alternative

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

I haven't had access to photoshop in a few years, and I don't especially miss it because of Pixlr. I'm not exactly an advanced user of graphic design products, so I can't speak to that level... But for basic image editing and creation, this gets the job done.

It's a web app and it shows. Some keyboard shortcuts don't work the way you'd expect. Also, the interface has some weird quirks that make it slightly less intuitive than Photoshop.

Good online photo editor

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

I have used Pixlr X to quickly edit images which don't need advanced changes.

Pixlr is very convenient - it loads up very fast and in a few clicks I can get an edited image ready to go - when the image only needs some basic changes.

There's only so much you can do with Pixlr X. It comes short in offering more advanced features that should be included, so it will not be suitable for more advanced editing tasks.

Luke T.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Pixlr is my Favorite

Bewertet am 25.7.2021

I absolutely love Pixlr and it is my go to software when I need to edit a quick photo or make a quick logo. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a software for photo editing.

Pixlr really shines in the fact that it is incredibly easy to use and has all the features you need without being too intimidating.

The only downside I have about Pixlr is that the ads can sometimes get in the way of the photo I am editing so it can get frustrating once in a while.

Heather B.
  • Branche: Musik
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

My Go-To Photo Editor for Casual Editing

Bewertet am 30.8.2021

I use both the Pixlr app and the desktop version quite often for photo editing. I love the features, functionality, and how advanced of an edit you can do within Pixlr without being skilled in graphic design. It's one of the best free photo editing apps I've used, and one that I always come back to. As someone who's not skilled in Photoshop or more advanced techniques, Pixlr allows me to do the functions that I'm looking for without the advanced skills I thought I'd need.

It can be a little difficult to use at times, especially when you're a new user. It also does lack some more advanced features that I'd like to try, but overall still provides an excellent experience for a casual photo editor.

Thiago L.
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

The best for cost-effective image editing

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

I was already looking for an image application that would meet my needs and I was surprised by the pixlr, practical and intelligent, it just lacks some features to be perfect.

very practical, fast, versatile, with excellent features

does not have the function of pasting two images superimposed on the image to be edited

Dimitar D.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Pixlr is a good alternative of Photoshop and other professional design software

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

Very useful tool for small business owner and one man show businesses. I like the interface which is similar to photoshop.

I like web-based tools. Without need of installation and ugly registration form. I use a basic option for image editing and it is a great solution for my small business.

When we talk about free tool there's always something it's not a perfect. But there is no significant cons.

• Branche: Architektur & Planung

Pixlr ediciones mas alla

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Mi experiencia ha sido genial, es muy rápido y fácil de usar, lo recomiendo completamente sobre todo para dar una buena impresión con una foto fuera de lo común.

Me gusta que ofrece una amplia gama de edición mas allá de los filtros, hay una gran cantidad de efectos ,marcos, collages, etc que puedes crear con esta herramienta así que creo que lo que mas me gusta es la variedad de ediciones que puedes alcanzar.

Lo que menos me gusta es que tiene demasiada publicidad, a veces estoy tratando de editar una foto o una imagen y constantemente estoy clickeando la publicidad, es bastante molesto.

Ryan S.
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great product! but needs a little work

Bewertet am 27.2.2020

Overall, I really like Pixlr's photo editing abilities! They need to fix some glitches, however.

I really like the Pixlr interface and the ease of use! I think the quality of the editing options is some of the best I've seen.

Pixlr needs to work on it's tech support and keep up with it's website better. There are some options, like straightening photos, that consistently glitch.

Michelle V.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Editing made simple.

Bewertet am 14.11.2020

This is great photo editing software for beginners.

I liked that the software was easy to use and there are several options available than most software.

I find it to be glitchy when using some of the features, but this may be affected by internet speed.

• Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

My go to for web based Photoshop alternative.

Bewertet am 15.9.2021

Easy to use.

Free and Web based. No need of those lengthy file installations anymore.

Feature packed which is more than enough for beginners and casuals.

Some tools are laggy.

Lack of online cloud storage space.

Limited file format support in saving.