• Funktionen
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Citrix: Best Virtual workstation

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

It's easy to use and best optimized for remote desktop with the windows operating system. The experience is so great that it feels like we are accessing our own physical device as it supports almost all shortcuts. The support for multiple displays helps to be more productive which is one of the deal-breaking feature for me. It is highly secure as we have to enable 2 FA to be able to login into our remote desktop.

Currently, I am using Citrix workspace for development, so I would like to see Citrix optimized for the Linux system as well. I have to change the configuration in the system when installing the Citrix workspace app in Linux (Currently using Ubuntu 20.04). Sometimes the resolution doesn't match with the window size so I have to work on fullscreen mode.

Stefanos E.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Citrix Workspace review

Bewertet am 18.12.2020

Citrix Workspace is a Citrix DaaS solution hosted entirely in the Citrix Cloud. It is very easy to operate by utilizing the Citrix Workspace App client which gives the same look and feel as if working from a traditional Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops implementation on-premise or in a private Cloud. What is particularly useful and interesting is the introduction of Citrix Workspace microApps and Citrix Workspace custom workflows. With microapps, each employee can focus on the tasks which they perform most frequently and use either a microapp which comes out of the box or create a custom one based on their requirements. End users can also create a custom workflow to work with their custom microapps, thus increasing their overall efficiency and productivity without the requirement to have technical expertise in IT.

I enjoyed the Citrix Workspace MicroApps and the custom workflows which can be created intuitively without any prior technical IT knowledge.

Given that Citrix Workspace is entirely hosted in the Citrix Cloud, there could be some performance degradation when working in the virtual desktop in some regions around the world, depending on the technical characteristics of the last mile of the end user WAN connection (e.g. high round trip time / latency). This however is getting better as new Citrix Cloud locations are added to the service and the overall global network infrastructure is improving.

Narasimhan (nari) S.
  • Branche: Forschung

Mediocre Software From Entrenched Company Claiming to Secure Things

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

Citrix does not solve any problems. It creates more problems and till date information security issues continue to abound partly because a secure, user friendly solution has not been built. As long as companies like Citrix keep hogging that space nothing is going to change.

It probably has some level of encryption but the best way they secure everything is preventing users from using it much. Less use, less risk of any compromise. Just like car insurance, if you drive it less, less chance of getting into an accident, right?

Highly buggy software when in conjuction with Microsoft Outlook WBA. Not sure who exactly gets the full blame but Citrix does itself little favor by making things like password changes way hard and by rolling out buggy clients that are supposed to make governmental software "safer" they essentially make it very hard to use.

Marko P.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Reliable and simple to use tool for remote access and support.

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

I have been using Citrix profesionally as a remote access tool for years now and I find purposeful and easy to use. For comparison reasons, I will compare it to TeamViewer which I have used a lot privately. Apart from more and advanced options, TeamViewer has better response time and less lag. Also, Citrix is not able to send or “inject” all the windows commands and shortcuts. Of course there is the toolbar with a lot of practical shortcuts such as Task Manager, Control Panel, Windows Explorer etc. File transfer does know to be finnicky from time to time especially when transferring large files, but of course, that might be just my personal experience.

The tool is reliable and it makes the work done for my team and our needs. It is effective and easy to use.

Lag, file transfer problems with large files, not able to send windows shortcuts not able to send sound.

Gilad E.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best ways for to control your remote workspace

Bewertet am 18.10.2020

My overall experience is great, it is really fills amazing to control my remote desktop using it. in many ways it feels like working physically on my PC.

I like the ease of access my remote desktop, despite there are many authentications in the middle, most of them are saved on the browser. The access to my remote workspace is extremely impressive and most windows key and shortcuts working great.
The support of few screens make it way good for my usage (working with terminals).

It isn't easy to copy/paste of text and flies from the base computer, feature which is extremely important.
When there are connectivity issues, there is lack of information in order to debug the reason. The auto log in doesn't work all the time so I am finding my self typing my credentials many times

• Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen

Citrix - Great Remote Desktop Option

Bewertet am 23.6.2020

Citrix has made working at multiple workstations much simpler than it was at previous positions. It works so well that it doesn't feel like I am accessing programs remotely most of the time. I am happy with the user experience.

The ease of access. I utilize multiple desktops at work, and wherever I login with my work credentials, Citrix workspace makes all of the programs I need readily available. I can save favorites, and access programs quickly.

I would add a feature. I t wold be nice to have Citrix recommend software that my workplace uses, based on what task I am trying to complete.

Vinayak S.

Efficient and secured

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

Most easy to install and use this tool and serves the main purpose of adding security to the business.

There are timeout issue and connectivity issue that happes at times, however, that depends on how your Organization has setup the connectivity

Mohamed A.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very important tool, especially for home workers

Bewertet am 2.10.2020

It is easy to use once you get fimilar with all the features. It helped a lot when we had to work from home due to COVID-19 to have virtual environment.

Once you lose internet connection system freezes for 5 minutes trying to reconnect. I wish it was even possible to navigate through or exit to desktop to troubleshoot, or connect to a different network.

Maurice V.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Desktop from home

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

Citrix gives comfort that you are in a secure environment with access to all your office networks, applications etc.

I liked the fact that you enter a secure environment within the office parameters and find my desktop and access to intra net as I would be in the office. Works a treat. All my applications that I use internally work just fine.

I found some times that the time to connect was cumbersome, as was the several times during the day that I had to log in again. I get why that is the case but it frustrates easily.

Burak C.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Safe and Reliable

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

Grants multiple users to access and connect to a desktop and the main reason of usage of Citrix is it's being safe and reliability. Also does not cost lots of cpu speed and takes very less amount of ram. And allows users to work with large files easily and efficiently.

When there is zero connections, the connection center disappears while it is open for no reason. The menus and letters are blurry. There is a deletion of saved passwords feature but it doesn't show what passwords have been saved, there is no list of them. More features need to be added.

Kandice D.
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Citrix review

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

I use this every day to log into different analysis software to do things such as entering progress notes, creating treatment plans, and completing diagnostic assessments. It makes this very easy to access.

I use this software everyday to log into my other software for my job. It is very easy to use and lets you organize your apps/softwares based on how often you use them. It is very important for my job to remain HIPAA compliant and this software takes care of that with no problem.

The software can sometimes be spotty and have errors. I have only experienced this once or twice, and when it does happen our IT team is able to fix it very quickly.

Casey C.
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very Segure

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

It is easy to use and we really enjoy that it is secure, so do our clients.

I enjoy this because if you dont want to go to sharefile to send secure documents, you just click the button on your email and it secures it for you!

The new double verification is a pain and very frustrating when we have to do that every time we use it! If I am on the phone with a client, I have to sometimes get a verification to look something up and then place them on hold in order to answer that verification call. It is not practical.

• Branche: Automotive

Citrix Storefront is the perfect application to house your Citrix Servers

Bewertet am 7.4.2020

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

The ability to have all your Citrix Servers in one location that you can click to access is helpful versus having to remember specific URLs to access.

Nothing so far. This has been a far better option than when we had to manually remember the URL for the Citrix environment we wanted to connect to.

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Citrix Software/Workspace

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

Working in the hospital, Citrix Software provides a streamlined platform for which all the medical applications are on the "hub". It facilitates easy navigation between each EMR that I use and allows for access and transfer of private data quickly.

There are not that many cons to this software, but if I had to pick one, it would perhaps be the downtime this server goes through for fixes.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Inconsistent

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

The most beneficial part is being able to work from anywhere and on any computer. It's made the transition during the pandemic doable for my entire company.

I like how I'm able to access my company's remote server on any one of my computers and anywhere in the world.

It is spotty and at times, it says I'm logged in but doesn't fully log in. The app doesn't work on my Mac or Dell so I always have to log in through a web browser.

Erika R.
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Quite hard to use

Bewertet am 12.5.2020

It's okay. I just use it because of the company policy.

Honestly, it does the job and allows me to login to the intranet of my company. No other comments but this.

It is not very intuitive to log in and use it. It is quite annoying to use it at first but then you just get used to.

Douaa G.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Secure & easy to connect

Bewertet am 1.4.2020

Citrix is a great help during this period of quarantine, i can remotely access my workspace without any slowdown or delay

the resolution isn't high with high DPI screens and we can't copy and paste from the citrix worskpace to the local machine.

Zouhair L.
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung

Excellent desktop provier

Bewertet am 30.3.2020

Citrix is fast, reliable and secure. It allows me to connect to my company's computer from home.

I wish citrix was a little bit smoother and has less lags.

Nastazija B.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Instable work environment

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

It is a love and hate relationship and it is the most instable software I've ever used.

It is safe and when it works it is providing all the features that you would normally have when working inside and office on a company computer.

The instability is really aggravating. You never know when it will kick you out of the work space or when you are not going to be able to even sign into that virtual requirement which is of course counted against you by the employer when working from home.

• Branche: Chemikalien

Citrix Workspace review

Bewertet am 15.4.2020

The possibility to use my workspace in any location.

This software sometimes has any instability, but offer a good use.