SpotOn

Rick
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

A True Game Changer

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor.
SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Sheila
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great product that needs fine tuning

Bewertet am 27.5.2023

Customer service has been great and they are always kind. They helped go through the system when I got the new pos in the store.

I like the ability to provide a discount for cash sales. The POS is user friendly. The layout is user friendly. The website created was better than I expected.

I could not merge my gift cards that I previously used because there were letters in the code. I now have to accept as cash and then the reports are incorrect. Any customers that I had with loyalty before do not merge to SpotOn because I did not use phone numbers for in store orders. The first POS system was never shipped so I needed a new order to have one shipped. I spent weeks on the phone with tech support because it was not updating properly and finally I was sent a new system that is working properly. I am now charged for multiple POS systems although I only have one. I have spent a month trying to get it sorted out but have not been refunded for the overcharge and although billing cancelled the extra equipment, I am being charged again extra for this month. Virtual Terminal is not great for sending invoices and does not sync with inventory. Big problem when the business is selling inventory. Not able to exchange an item.

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Sheila. We passed this on to client services, and I'm happy to hear a team member has helped to resolve your pain points and billing issues. Please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com for additional assistance.

Jeff
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Horrible service

Bewertet am 6.3.2024

That we never used it. Signed up with a nice sales rep. When the package arrived to be set up we found out he was fired. We couldn't get anyone to come and set up the machine.

They keep billing us for the service, even though we have never had it set up. We returned the processing machine and are still getting billed monthly.

Antwort von SpotOn

Jeff, this is not the experience we want you to have, and we apologize for the issues you faced with implementation. Could you please send the best phone number to reach you at to clientengagement@spoton.come? We want to rectify the situation or be a sounding board for the troubles you experienced so we can ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you.

David

We love spot on.

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

Spot On is a great restaurant POS and helps us operate our daily business. We have support specialist [sensitive content hidden] that works closely with us and makes everything even better.!

Spot On is constantly evolving so from time to time there are updates that can take some time to load.

Antwort von SpotOn

David, we're happy to hear you're getting excellent support from our team and are enjoying your SpotOn experience. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Michal

Just the Begining

Bewertet am 15.11.2023

There have been ups and downs, a few network outages and quirks that required support but overall we are getting to know the equipment and with the Help of [sensitive content hidden]
are tweaking the software and hardware to where it helps us process the customers and payments.

I like the fact that this is flexible when it comes to hardware, when you can have a multitude of registers and handheld devices.

What still needs to be expanded is the handheld device. The device will take orders but the process to create the order is a multi step process and when you are busy this increases the stress. Plus the device has a scanner but will not scan upc codes, so you can't use this to process order without manual entry and that is not efficient.

Cloverleaf und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

the reason we choose Spoton is because the fees seemed to be less on a per transaction and the credit card fees, ability to get a loan, features and overall cost was better than most of the other vendors

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback, Michal. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses and have passed this feedback to the appropriate teams. We appreciate you leaving us a review, and we welcome you to the SpotOn family!

Juliane
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

SpotOn Review for Multiple Brands & Locations

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

Overall we are pleased with SpotOn POS in all of our restaurants. Being so new to the game, it feels at times that their support teams are learning as they go. There are things we have had to figure out on our own with loyalty, gift card processing, email marketing, etc. Sense of urgency when it comes to support is an area of opportunity for SpotOn on, but [sensitive content hidden] and the other members of the Restaurant Success Team have been able to jump in and assist as needed.

The Above Store dashboard is extremely helpful and easy to use. Reporting is detailed and in real time. Menu Item programming and screen layout is very user friendly and easier than other POS systems. SpotOn Reserve is a great addition at all of our locations and helps speed up seating, wait list estimates, organize reservations and makes our Host teams more efficient. [sensitive content hidden] (SpotOn Restaurant Success Manager) has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She is hands down the most knowledgeable and helpful person on their team!

Our initial launch was a little rocky, and rolling out gift cards with Valutec and the loyalty program through SpotOn had quite a few speed bumps.

Antwort von SpotOn

We appreciate your feedback, Juliane. We will be sure to pass this along to the Restaurant Success Team! Small businesses are at the core of local communities, and we're proud to help support you and your business.

Nachely

Customer Service

Bewertet am 8.11.2023

We appreciate the responsiveness of the staff at SpotOn. We feel supported by their support team and like we have contingencies in place in case something were to go wrong like internet outtage and system glitches. We feel these would be quickly handled and tended to.

There's a learning curve with SpotOn. The system can be a little bit confusing to understand at first because you have to be navigate different websites. However, the staff is always available.

Aloha EPOS und Clover

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

We feel we are well supported and cared for. We don't feel like one of the many accounts and are always met with quick resolutions.

talech und Toast POS

Antwort von SpotOn

We appreciate the feedback, Nachely. Customer support is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your experience with our team - especially during your initial learning curve. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Calar

The Dymond Experience Review

Bewertet am 17.11.2023

Most of my business comes through them because that’s where I direct my customers so there’s a trust there

The convenience of the system and the help creating a menu and their hands on approach to getting me set up.

I don’t like that my accounts has been charged 3 different times for amounts that should not have. They are in the process of rectifying it but it’s an inconvenience

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

More Quality Service and a better explanation of their work and what I wanted aligned with them

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

It felt right and aligned with the direction I wanted for my business

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Calar. We're happy to hear about your experience with menu creation and our support team. We apologize for the difficulty with the charges - if you have any more issues with this, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@spoton.com. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Rachel

SpotOn review for Rachel's Cafe and Creperie

Bewertet am 23.11.2023

very good! we have had minimal issues and when we do they are usually pretty quick and easy to fix

ease of use and our friendly and SUPER helpful local tech wizard [sensitive content hidden]

has the occasional glitch and the phone customer service line can be tricky and take a long time to get through/get a call back sometimes

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review, Rachel. We're happy to hear about your experience with customer service, and we've passed along your additional feedback on glitches & wait times to the appropriate teams on our end. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Nick

Best system ever!

Bewertet am 16.2.2020

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Andrew

Game Changer

Bewertet am 23.4.2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Maitre'D, Aloha EPOS, Clover und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.
Heidi
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Regret switching to Spoton

Bewertet am 15.4.2022

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where.

I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward.

I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system.
Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales.
There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website.
You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund.
Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it.
Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing.
Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse.
Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together.
Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time.
Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this.
Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price.
Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

Revel Systems und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Was not Square for Restaurant so missing a lot of features.

Square Point of Sale und Square Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Cost and what I expected them to have. Nothing works really as they stated it would.

Antwort von SpotOn

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at support@spoton.com for additional assistance in the future.

Wagner
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Tushar Brazilian Express Utah

Bewertet am 15.4.2023

Superb. Love the product and the company. I have already referred my friends that own restaurants to [sensitive content hidden] and SpotOn

The local support from [sensitive content hidden] and his team have been very attentive to details and very hands on with customer support and technical service. The company has always treated us fairly. And we value that.

Nothing. There have been a few outages that were inconveniences for an hour. No big deal.

Kristen
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 27.10.2022

Credit card processing deposits and reports are off all the time. I have a spreadsheet I use to tie out the amounts reportedly paid by credit card and deposited into our account.

The customer service team is excellent! Calls are answered quickly by your knowledgeable and friendly staff.

It does not connect data to quickbooks so we have to use a bridge app.

Antwort von SpotOn

Thanks for your feedback, Kristen! We appreciate the time it took to leave us this review. We hope to have better integration features updated soon.

Shane
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Spoton has gone above and beyond for me and my business!

Bewertet am 12.4.2023

Best payment processor with phenomenal customer supportStill need to sit down and go over intergrating yall's crm!

I will definitely be staying!Best customer support!Dashboard to process credit cards easy to use and navigate! Portable credit card reader is a life changer and rarely do I have to remember to charge it or turn it off!Super easy bluetooth with app on my phone!

Intergrate with either Google contacts and or Hubsport crm to import all my existing clients to make emailing receipts and invoicing easier, or intergrate with Zapier to make this happen!

Antwort von SpotOn

That's music to our ears, Shane! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with your SpotOn Dashboard and device. Going to pass along your integration/import contacts feedback and make sure the right teams are notified.
We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Steuart

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Bewertet am 7.5.2020

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Clover, Revel Systems und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Focus was horrible and customer support was non existent

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.
Scott

SpotOn Review

Bewertet am 25.8.2021

From sales cycle to installation to on-going support, this company responds and with amazing capabilities!!!

How easy. it is to use and it's very intuitive. From the very start, our sales rep was truthful (hard to find), dependable, and. actually delivers on absolutely everything he says will be done or can be done and he's there is any capacity I need him, even after the sales cycle has ended. I know I can count on [SENSETIVE CONTENT] and anyone I contact at the company for assistance!!!

I wish all the various, behind the scenes, capacities were grouped in one location so you wouldn't have to check various areas to find the command you are looking for.

Sam

Switch and Save!

Bewertet am 10.6.2022

We have been blown away with how easy it is to use, the fast go-live time, and the benefits we are already seeing. We are receiving more and more online orders, and are saving money through the cash discount program.

My personal favorite aspects of the SpotOn Restaurant POS system is how easily my staff picked it up. Everyone had it down after one day. On top of that, with the cash discounting, we are saving tons of money.

The only things we have had issues with is the cc fees being charged to gift card payments, and not having an app for mobile authorizations for Android. I have an iphone and that app works perfectly, but my assistant has android. Any and all minor issues have always been fixed extremely fast.

Lonny

Feedback

Bewertet am 14.3.2023

Very good

Very good

On behalf of our family and staff, I wanted to give you some feedback after switching to SpotOn in January. First of all, the reporting is light years better than what we using before. Being able to see the daily Sales trends, labor costs, etc. has made us more profitable. Running payroll is much easier and passing information to our accountant is a click of a button. The dual pricing has given us peace of mind that we are passing on all of the cc processing fees. Having the printer in the kitchen has allowed our kitchen staff to view the tickets on the monitor and lowered our ticket times tremendously. On the weekends and before SpotOn we have always had a wait time before seating customers, typically about 40-45 minutes and after being seated ticket times would average about 30 minutes (although we weren't able to track it). Now, with SpotOn we have cut our ticket down by at least 10 minutes allowing us to serve more customers during the weekend. In addition, our FOH is unable to manipulate an order and change orders without getting manager approval. This has resulted in way less food mistakes and delays with service and ticket times.Our restaurant at this time has never been more efficient and the food has never been more consistent than what it is right now. Lastly, training new staff on the new system has been very easy. They pick up on the system quickly compared to the old cumbersome system.

A few glitches and communication issues on the implementation

Toast POS

Credit card processing fees

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for your very kind words, Lonny.
We're proud to help support you and your business.

Emily

Spot on replaces Emagine POS

Bewertet am 21.8.2023

1-10, id say 2

1-10, id say 2

I think Spot on, since taking over Emagine POS, has gone down hill, You never know who you will be getting support from. The reporting does not seem accurate. Not happy with it at all. Would definately be looking in to another POS system if my father wasnt so dedicated to [sensitive content hidden] and [sensitive content hidden] who sold to Spot on (I think thats what happend). Sent us a computer that was "New" but was linked up with another company, so def not new. Trying to hook up a register drawer to our take out computer....yeah that doesnt work. Networks are all screwed up. Not easy to set up anything. Just simply not happy. Was better off with Emagine. But event with them towards the end. Would have looked into another POS system. Maybe you should send people out on the field to help people, that may not be computer literate, to get through issues. just saying.... not everyone knows a lot about setting up computers, etc. Send techs out to help, would make a big difference. Spot on, absolutely do not reccommend for small business owners. but yes, maybe you are good for the Lincoln Finaical Center in Philadelphia.

You could improve by sending out people to help small business owners understand the step up and features you offer, you pretty much make us figure things out on our own.... adding a new printer or register, good luck. Our takeout register wont hook up with spot on and open, like our bar register. Try talking to "[sensitive content hidden] " from where ever the hell he is located, no answers. cant figure things out. Send out technicians or send out reps to help and not over the phone. you literally get nowhere and throw in the towel and half ass work with what you can use.

Antwort von SpotOn

That's not the experience we want you to have, Emily. I've spoken to a member of our customer service team about your case, and we will be reaching out to discuss the status of your account and the final SAAS charge. If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact clientengagement@spoton.com.

Brenten
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Great Payment Software

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

Overall, I really enjoyed this software besides the slow customer service response time. If that would have been improved, I would have stuck with this software permanently. I love how easy it is to use and how it manages transactions so well.

This software made it a lot easier for us to record transactions and manage everything pertaining to them in one place. I loved how simple it was to use and train other employees to use.

I did not like how slow the customer service was to respond to issues. It took a long time to get an issue fixed once and it was detrimental to business.

Chargebee

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Wanted something more professional.

Wave

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Looked to have better features
Jennifer

[sensitive content hidden] Review

Bewertet am 23.8.2023

Once again, [sensitive content hidden], completed the task that I needed help with efficiently and effectively. He communicated with me throughout the process to keep me updated and informed about completion. It is always a breeze and a pleasure to work with him.

For this particular task, everything was good.

Antwort von SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Jennifer. customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Misha

Decent System, Terrible Service

Bewertet am 21.10.2022

Cloud based, deep functionality, generally good/responsive tech support

Terrible customer support. Our "rep" is either dead, in prison, or having a laugh. Completely unreachable. The same goes for the so-called "restaurant support managers". Repeated calls and emails have gone entirely unanswered. I need simple answers to basic billing and feature questions. Bupkis. We're planning on ditching this platform if they don't get their act together right quick.

Antwort von SpotOn

Hi Misha, we apologize for the troubles you've experienced getting some answers to your questions. I see that your dedicated success manager has reached out a few times this week and was able to connect for a call with you today. I hope this helps resolve your problems and that you can work closely with her moving forward! Thank you for your business.

Brooke

Love the Features

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

I love that we have no outstanding tabs! That has saved us thousands of dollars. We added a credit card swipe and anyone wanting to start a tab has to have their credit card swiped prior to a tab being opened, this is huge for us as a golf course because we get people starting tabs, golfing and leaving. The set up and integration was good, it was quick and overwhelming, but the helpline and our rep have made it easy to navigate.

I like the ease of use and the functionality of it. There are so many different scenarios that come up daily that one button doesn't cover it, Spot On makes it easy to adjust my POS on the fly and also in the BOH. It's laid out in a manner that makes sense and is easy to teach and use.

It was tough at first to figure out what we were missing with our orders, as in what needed to be added as options or sub lists. I wish there was a cheat sheet for users with regard to refunding a credit card or purchase, or how to change where an item is located, etc. Just general little things that you don't use often but forget how to do it and end up calling support.

Antwort von SpotOn

Hi Brooke, thanks for this review and for sharing your thoughts on a "cheat sheet" for future reference. We have a detailed help center called Knowledgebase which I've dropped a link for below. It has a lot of tutorials for these occasions! I hope it helps you in the future. https://help.spoton.com/page/spoton-restaurant

Kimberly

Need an account representative

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Toast POS

Customer service and accessibility

Antwort von SpotOn

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at abailey@spoton.com so I can better help support you! Best,