SpotOn

Sortieren nach

Andrew

Game Changer

Bewertet am 23.4.2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Maitre'D, Aloha EPOS, Clover und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Heartland Payment Processing

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.
Nick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Bewertet am 14.4.2020

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Heidi
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Regret switching to Spoton

Bewertet am 15.4.2022

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where.

I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward.

I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system.
Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales.
There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website.
You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund.
Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it.
Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing.
Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse.
Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together.
Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time.
Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this.
Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price.
Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

Revel Systems und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Was not Square for Restaurant so missing a lot of features.

Square Point of Sale und Square Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Cost and what I expected them to have. Nothing works really as they stated it would.

Antwort von SpotOn Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at support@spoton.com for additional assistance in the future.

Kimberly

Need an account representative

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Customer service and accessibility

Antwort von SpotOn Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at abailey@spoton.com so I can better help support you! Best,

Julia
  • Branche: Computer-Software

The best POS system I've ever used

Bewertet am 31.1.2020

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

Aloha EPOS, Upserve, Clover, Revel Systems und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

I've actually tried many different POS systems in my career in the restaurant industry, and SpotOn is the only one I would recommend to restaurant owners. The staff loves it, the managers love it, and the owners love it because it helps the have happy staff, become more profitable and save everyone a tremendous amount of time!

Aloha EPOS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

None of these other systems have anywhere close to the level of support as SpotOn. I used to have nightmares about calling support for Aloha, Clover, etc, but now I actually enjoy calling support! A human at their call center in Detroit picks up immediately! Plus, you can tell that SpotOn was built exclusively for restaurants, unlike many others that are credit card companies first.
Rachael

Progressive POS

Bewertet am 15.2.2020

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Bret

Glad I made the switch

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!!

I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Lightspeed Retail und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Heartland Restaurant

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.
Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices.
It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants.
An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry.
Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts.
The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way.
User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting.
Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

Revel Systems und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Hardware flexibility, price, no long-term contracts.
Tori

Great product

Bewertet am 13.11.2020

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Tim

New customer

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

So far it has been positive. My menu builder, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great, very friendly and engaging. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and training and she was phenomenal, super friendly, fun, informative & thorough, I highly recommend her to anyone. My salesperson [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great to work with as well.

The system is very user friendly, from both the front and back of house. We have yet to open but we are excited to see the system in action. The SpotOn team members I've dealt with to date have been very friendly.

As previously stated, we have not opened yet so we haven't encountered any problems to date.

Steuart

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Bewertet am 7.5.2020

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Clover, Revel Systems und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Focus was horrible and customer support was non existent

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.
Scott

SpotOn Review

Bewertet am 25.8.2021

From sales cycle to installation to on-going support, this company responds and with amazing capabilities!!!

How easy. it is to use and it's very intuitive. From the very start, our sales rep was truthful (hard to find), dependable, and. actually delivers on absolutely everything he says will be done or can be done and he's there is any capacity I need him, even after the sales cycle has ended. I know I can count on [SENSETIVE CONTENT] and anyone I contact at the company for assistance!!!

I wish all the various, behind the scenes, capacities were grouped in one location so you wouldn't have to check various areas to find the command you are looking for.

Pete
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

For Bella Pizza, SpotOn POS is Spot On!

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

From the initial consultation, to ordering, to implementation and integration the entire Process of on-boarding the SpotOn POS System has been seamless and has exceeded our expectations. In particular, I can’t say enough about the Integration Team, the Tech Support, and the Sales Support. They’ve been there 24/7 to make sure our on-boarding and integration has been smooth.

The SpotOn Software is intuitive, flexible, and easily updated in real-time. Love the marketing features and integration of 3rd Party Delivery Apps.

Honestly, we haven’t really had any problems so far.

Square Point of Sale und Toast POS

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Our previous POS system was not able to provide the marketing and digital tools we were looking for.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

SpotOn provided a better product and a better value.
Katie

I love Spoton!

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown.
It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm.

Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging.

Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Antwort von SpotOn Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google.
2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times of operation is currently in development and will be released later this year.
3). The program specifically limits texting to the 160 character carrier limit to control costs associated with the program and maintain Reserve's best value in the industry profile.
4). Reserve will be eliminating its use of verification codes for reservations with the upcoming June 2022 software update. We hope this helps!

Brooke

Love the Features

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

I love that we have no outstanding tabs! That has saved us thousands of dollars. We added a credit card swipe and anyone wanting to start a tab has to have their credit card swiped prior to a tab being opened, this is huge for us as a golf course because we get people starting tabs, golfing and leaving. The set up and integration was good, it was quick and overwhelming, but the helpline and our rep have made it easy to navigate.

I like the ease of use and the functionality of it. There are so many different scenarios that come up daily that one button doesn't cover it, Spot On makes it easy to adjust my POS on the fly and also in the BOH. It's laid out in a manner that makes sense and is easy to teach and use.

It was tough at first to figure out what we were missing with our orders, as in what needed to be added as options or sub lists. I wish there was a cheat sheet for users with regard to refunding a credit card or purchase, or how to change where an item is located, etc. Just general little things that you don't use often but forget how to do it and end up calling support.

Antwort von SpotOn Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Brooke, thanks for this review and for sharing your thoughts on a "cheat sheet" for future reference. We have a detailed help center called Knowledgebase which I've dropped a link for below. It has a lot of tutorials for these occasions! I hope it helps you in the future. https://help.spoton.com/page/spoton-restaurant

Mark
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

SpotOn for Independent restaurant

Bewertet am 9.9.2021

So far our experience has been very positive. The way the online store integrates to the POS is terrific, allowing us pinpoint control over what we sell, where and when. Adding and 86ing items is a breeze which prevents unhappy customers and the handheld units we use supplement our workflow and make us more efficient. Thew QR codes are also a timely addition to our arsenal and our customers use them for both menu exploration as well as payment and ordering.

The software is very robust. We don't use even a fraction of it's capabilities but it's great to know we have room to grow when we are ready. 24/7 tech support is a Godsend since there are always questions with any system. Knowing I can pick up the phone and speak with someone (usually within 3 minutes) and get answers is hugely important.

There is a learning curve, mostly because the system is so capable and far reaching. Occasionally, the sheer number of options proved a little daunting, but that's when speaking with a person in real time becomes so important. They are a great resource as a learning too, too.

April

Great

Bewertet am 14.9.2021

It’s very user friendly and quick to learn

Items are not alphabetized on POS screen

Bryson

From Install to Support Spoton has been Terrific

Bewertet am 27.8.2021

Overall the experience has been incredibly positive, and I would highly recommend Spoton to any restauranteur. The exceptional bright spot for me has been the amazing help and guidance of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she did our initial install and has been an absolute savior when it comes to quick support questions and programming. Spoton has a great employee and partner in [SENSITIVE CONTENT], I know that I personally appreciate everything she has done to make my experience with Spoton easy and amazing.

As you probably can tell by now, it is super easy to use and program. From the moment of install to the ongoing training and support, the team at SpotOn has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and has been a valuable asset to our team as ongoing Support as well.

There is not much that I don't like. It is super easy and intuitive. The only issue we have had was when the CC processor went down for 2.5 hours one night. But even then, the Spoton team kept us updated and informed and they cam back online before the close of day.

Thianne

Great experience and products

Bewertet am 20.4.2022

The product was easy to use and I enjoy how customizable the software is.

Integration with Dolce was not the smoothest but overtime we were able to get a handle on it

Aloha EPOS

Unreliable service

Focus X

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpotOn

Better care and service, prices were decent

Antwort von SpotOn Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We continue to improve and update our integrations and hope to have Dolce running even more smoothly very soon. If you have difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out to us 24/7 at support@spoton.com for assistance.

Neil
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Great Restaurant Software - Working to be Great Retail Software

Bewertet am 19.11.2020

Having become a SpotOn customer in the middle of a pandemic and seeking to use their restaurant software for a retail store, it had many technical and operational challenges. We were both working in uncharted waters and it was difficult at times. Eventually, SpotOn was able to step up and provide the right level of support to help us. Their support team was always friendly and would frequently escalate matters as they worked to adapt their software for a retail platform. Because changes were instantaneous, we went through a period of incremental changes in order to keep our operation running while adapting the software to our needs. Today, they are proactive in checking on our account and help us quickly when necessary.

It has online shopping capabilities. In the start of the pandemic, we had to create an online shopping experience in our retail food barn to serve our vulnerable population. SpotOn was there and was competitively priced.

The customization and setup were initially complicated. There was a steep learning curve for the staff. This was mainly due to our attempt to use restaurant software to run a retail store. But, we made it work with the help of SpotOn support.

Ray
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Best Nex Gen POS on the market!

Bewertet am 14.5.2020

It is so refreshing to implement changes and upgrades that take minutes instead of days. We are no longer limited to being physically at the restaurant in order to access reports and data.

Finally, after 30 years in the restaurant industry, we have a POS system that has taken our operations to the next level. Our initial install (which took one day), was seamless and by far the easiest that we have ever experienced. At the top of our list of why we are true believers in SpotOn, is their amazing support and team. The SpotOn system is easy to use, intuitive for team members, and provides all the critical reporting capabilities. The value proposition of SpotOn Restaurant cannot be beat, and we highly recommend making the switch.

All of our initial concerns and "needs" were resolved very quickly. My team was so excited about "customizing" our new POS system that we had to push them out of the office and back on to the dining room floor.

William
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Great Switch

Bewertet am 6.4.2022

Its been great. Great sales support and continued support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been a great partner to work with through all of this which is crucial when doing this type of switchover.

It brought our retail stores into the modern times. With barcode scanners, inventory tracking, and item movement reports it is much easier to run the store remotely.

The time to onboard however this is inevitable when switching from a manual cash register to a smart POS system.

Square Point of Sale und Clover

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Improve technology and register/card processing support

Ease of use, reporting
Sean

Really Good POS software

Bewertet am 10.2.2020

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now.

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

Price

Price
Melanie

Mimis bistro

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

Like it

Customer service was great. Not sure How I feel about anything else since we’ve only been using it a month.

Payroll font is too small, larger format. More information needed for my tax reports

Warum SpotOn gewählt wurde

Hated it, terrible customer service!

Clover

Customer service
Anastasia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Spoton takes the place of an entire department

Bewertet am 19.1.2022

A lot more bang for your buck and light years ahead of other point of sale systems

I love that through one portal you can access online, POS, and analytics. It takes the place of an entire departmental operation through just one program.

Can be glitchy at times and painstaking when you need to make a lot of changes to prices or menu items