Notion

Beate
  • Branche: Vorstandsbüro

Notion - das perfekte All-In-One Tool

Bewertet am 13.10.2021

Ich habe schon alle möglichen Projekt-Tools ausprobiert, aber keines ist so gut wie Notion! Die Möglichkeit alles auf meine Bedürfnisse anzupassen passt perfekt zu meiner Tätigkeit als Freelancer mit vielen unterschiedlichen Projekten.

Der größte Nutzen ist, dass man die Oberfläche und Struktur komplett selber aufbauen kann und somit an seine eigene Bedürfnisse anpassen kann. Durch die Funktion der "databases" und "relations" kann man Projekte und Aufgaben miteinander verknüpfen und perfekt visualisieren.

Das Dokumentenmanagement finde ich zu umständlich. Ich mag es, dass ich Dokumente an die unterschiedlichsten Projekte, Kunden, Aufgaben, etc anhängen kann. Aber bei Abruf der Datei erfolgt immer ein neuer Download aus der Cloud. Da ist eine genrelle Cloud Lösung übersichtlicher.

Felix

Hilfreiche Knowledge-App mit erweiterten Funktionen

Bewertet am 16.6.2022

Notion ist intuitiv zu bedienen, übersichtlich und bietet meiner Meinung nach viel bessere Optionen, als zum Beispiel ein Markdown Editor. Gerade die sortierbaren, filterbaren Datenbank-Blöcke (Tabellen, Boards, Kalender etc.) sind super hilfreich in der Organisation.

Am wenigsten gefällt mir, dass SSO nur in der Enterprise Version verfügbar ist. Auch kleinere Unternehmen, die sich nicht gleich das teure Enterprise Paket kaufen möchten, sollten die Möglichkeit haben SSO zu nutzen.

Confluence und ClickUp
Ursula
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Notion for a graphic design director

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

I love notion, it has great templates, ease of use and flexible interface.

I love how flexible it is. I used it both for personal tasks and for both of my companies.

Somethings are hard to link between several tables.

ClickUp

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

I needed a more flexible platform where I could give clients their own access to data and files.

ClickUp und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

I could give clients their own access to data and files and design each in a custom way.

I wish I had Notion in college

Bewertet am 28.10.2022

If I had a Notion in college, it's safe to say, I would've gotten better grades. Since discovering this product, I have been 100x more productive because I can customize my workspace to my exact needs in a friendly, aesthetically pleasing platform. In order to make Notion work for you, you need a creative and problem-solving mind, and a few days to learn it. That's where I have the most fun creating the templates and workflows, and my team members make me feel like a productivity wizard.Working with databases is seamless, integrations work great, and my notes look and feel amazing. I use Notion for my tracking and planning my daily life, as well as my small business. After setting up the templates and workflows, my team members rave about how easy and centralized the projects are. They even started to learn how to create templates and workflows of their own since being introduced to it.Despite the lack of advanced styling, I love having a digital workspace that caters to our exact needs.

Notion is super easy to use, the interface is beautiful, and the possibilities are endless. I enjoy making templates that actually help me be more productive and get things done. There is also a native marketplace full of free and paid templates that I love getting inspiration from and experimenting with. Notion also has one of the most helpful and motivating communities where templates and productivity ideas are shared. I enjoy using this to organize my projects as a digital business.The pricing plans are reasonable, and they also offer credits when you complete certain tasks. It is best paired with Google Chrome Extensions. There are many extensions that make the Notion experience even better like customizing the theme colors, adding buttons, etc.

My nit-picky con isn't all that important when it comes to productivity, but visually notion lacks native advanced customization. The downside of using Chrome Extensions to customize the look and feel of my notion pages is that it doesn't apply across browsers and on the desktop and mobile app. There's too much space around the margins, which can be valuable real estate for the page content. I also wish the page properties didn't take up half the page with the right side of it empty. I also wish that text could be aligned right and centered.Another downside I have is having to use Notion in Google Chrome most of the time to take advantage of the style customization extensions.

Cheri
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Complete Lack of Customer Support with Bug Issues that Left Us with Software that Does Not...

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

After so much work inputting information and setting up and organizing our pages, I feel like all that time and effort was just a waste of time. Do not waste your time on Notion and find something that actually works and continues to work. Further, find a legit company with actual customer service and assistance.

At first, I was excited to use Notion and setting this up for our Law Office was actually fun to do. I looked forward to continuing use of this software and to add notes and information to our database as they were accumulated. It is user friendly and easy for users to learn and manipulate.

UNFORTUNATELY, after using the software for only a few short months, one day suddenly, we found that we no longer had the ability to create pages and organize them to input our notes and information. That is exactly what this software is supposed to do! I immediately reached out to customer service at Notion for help in resolution of our issue, which has to be done via email. I recorded a Loom video so that Notion could see exactly what our problem was and sent it to the Notion team. There is absolutely no one to speak with or to call for support. The number you do call goes straight to a voicemail that is full. I did receive several emails back from Notion pretty much stalling and finally stating there was "BUG" and that their engineering team would work on this. They asked for access to our system, which I gladly allowed. It seems from reading other reviews, that these "bugs" are common. Well, obviously Notion needs to call an exterminator! To make a long and frustrating story short, our "bug" issue was NEVER resolved by this apparently non-existent "engineering" department. After several follow up emails, Notion quit responding and has actually NEVER responded further as to our inquiries about their progress in resolving our issues. It is like they just disappeared off the face of the earth. So, for months now, we are continuing to pay for software that we cannot even use!

oscar
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Notion ha cambiado mi forma de trabajar

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

Notion ha desbancado al resto de aplicaciones que usaba.
Antes usaba Evernote para notas, Airtable para bases de datos, un CRM para clientes etc
Ahora solo uso Notion, incluso puedo hacer Webs con Notion.
Es 100% recomendable

Notion, literalmente ha cambiado mi forma de trabajar. Me sirve para tomar notas rápidas o para llevar la gestión de mis clientes o proyectos.
Literalmente vale para casi todos los procesos de mi empresa.
Puedes usarlo tan sencillo como quieras o tan avanzado como quieras y esto me encanta.
Lo primero que hago al encender mi ordenador es abrir Notion.

Me gustaría que funcionara sin conexión a internet.
En alguna ocasión que me he quedado son cobertura no he podido consultar mi información.

Airtable

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

Evernote era lento cuando crecía en información

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

Airtable también lo uso para ciertas cosas pero lo que me gusta de Notion es que tiene más casos de uso. Airtable es más ordenado pero no tienes libertad. En cambio con Notion puedes hacer lo que quieras y necesites
Ngha

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

Bewertet am 11.10.2022

The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free.
Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Marianela
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

'Notion', an excellent platform for executing agile and successful projects.

Bewertet am 27.11.2022

It is a very stable tool with a high degree of maturity and scalability, multi-platform and with support for successful execution, its screens are very well designed and all the necessary functions for collaborative work are well implemented.

One of the biggest attractions is its usability, since it has very well designed screens, so as not to lose focus on what is important and avoid getting lost in projects with a high number of tasks. Its filtering options are excellent for keeping us in the right direction and recognizing pending tasks in each of the projects in which we participate.

It is excellent for large work teams, so it is important to proactively plan how the projects will grow and organize the work areas correctly, in this way, we can achieve an environment with total visibility among the members of the work team.

Darren

The Ultimate Task and Project Management Tool For Individuals & Freelancers

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

Notion has become a part of my everyday life. It's helped me with getting stuff done by prioritizing tasks that need to be done. Im no longer struggling with all the thoughts in my head about what I need to do and what needs to be done first. This is the ultimate project management and task tracking tool on the market and the best part is how flexible it is to get it how you want. Not a lot of other tools have the customization.

Customization and simplicity within Notion is next level. Having been on the search for something that combines an easy to use and filter Task list in combination with Project Management tools seemed to be harder then I thought. Once landed and comfortable with Notion I won't look back. The user interface is easy and the mobile app makes it easy to add tasks and notes so time management and task tracking is easy.

The learning curve at the start was a little challenging but there are some great tutorials on their website that helped understand how easy it is once you get the hang of it. The only other gripe was recurring tasks need some work around with third parties but a tutorial to accomplish this is on their website and was super easy to implement.

Nuno
  • Branche: Animation
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The best app for documents and management.

Bewertet am 28.11.2022

Overall it's an almost perfect app/webiste. The unlimited space and folders let's you be as creative as you want, creating the possibility of having everything organized.

There's no app like Notion, the unlimited amount of storage and folders let us get really creative. It can be used with a ton of different apps and websites as they'll let you implement them into your own page, like google maps, docs, etc. It's also available in every system giving the possibility of being my main app in the daily basis.

There's not much customization inside the pages it self, there's no way to change font or size, which can be difficult to read for some due to it's small size. There's also some bug still to be fixed like the spell check and big loading times occasionally.

• Branche: Computerspiele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The most useful app I've ever used!

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

Notion has replaced other apps like Evernote, Google Documents for team collaboration. We easily take notes, set up templates and create documents from them. It provided a very productive working environment.

Notion has literally changed the way I work. I take notes easily and quickly. As a team, we can prepare and manage our game design documents, game ideas documents and share them easily. The interface is pretty simple too, everything is as easy as a click!

I would love to work offline as well. Sometimes it can be very good to take notes and access other documents while on the subway or when there is no internet connection.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

Ease of use, great tools for team collaboration
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Amazing Workspace with Endless Possibilities

Bewertet am 28.10.2022

Notion is very easy to set up and get running with no overhead. I began using Notion as a place to save information for future reference and I have continued to expand on that idea.

I absolutely love the concept of Notion. There are endless uses for their work spaces. I have used their software for business and for personal use and I am constantly thinking of new ways to use and systems I can set up.

I think the only thing about Notion that is a con is if someone doesn't understand what Notion is for, it can be hard to try to explain with them what it is for - since it can be for anything.

Airtable und Evernote Teams

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

Better user interface, recommendation from a friend.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

Had heard good things from others about Notion.
Ziad
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Notion makes the transition from unpolished notes to polished documents quick and efficient!"

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

Overall and crucially, Notion makes it simple for team members who identify as "non-technical" to participate from various departments. It hasn't caused a stir way other "unintuitive" gadgets with a steep learning curve have.The backup option is comforting; it's not something you consider before you sign up, but you'll need it later if your data is even tangentially important to you.Support has typically been quite beneficial to me and my numerous questions throughout the years. Sometimes they'll confuse things by requesting extra information on a simple, obvious issue, but I know they're only doing it to find out more. Right, it's better to err on the side of overcommunication:

I was introduced to Notion by a coworker, and ever since I edited that tiny seedling of a first page, I've used it frequently, grown, and even produced the literary equivalent of several novels in it. It has combined aspects I've used in other programmes and improved on them greatly.In the past, I used to become annoyed at how badly my formatting was messed up by Google Docs, Zendesk, and other services. I could essentially clear up the debris by copying and pasting it into Notion. Additionally, a page supports live editing, thus there is no separate "publish" phase! (If necessary, you can always perform a "staging/test" on a different page.) Additionally, it's very simple to target shares or make pages public.Project management for task tracking (through card columns), thorough user documentation (and the process of translating it from internal external consumption), and concept presentation are some of the business uses of Notion that I have. At home, my wife and I also used it to draught and revise our wedding vows, document items in need of repair, and other things. In other words, there were moments when I was interacting with another tool before going — "Why, Notion is capable of that already! Use Notion only!" Keeping track of my musical productions with Notion is one of my favourite uses. I serialize them with annotations so I can see what's almost finished, what has to be delivered, and what I might just be messing about with.

I wish we could add more bespoke styling. I'm not talking insane custom colours, but solid background colours and text with precise RGB values would make a huge impact with matching branding. Though having everything integrated seems really basic, I am aware that there are third-party applications that seek to cover these demands and things like custom domain names.Additionally, as of my most recent check, there was no way to view the original IFRAMES code, which seems incredibly cumbersome because it requires me to store that code elsewhere (perhaps in a separate Notion page) or risk it being obscured. Anyone using widgets with special embed parameters, such as those from Bandcamp and SoundCloud, should be aware of this.But overall, Notion has been fantastic!

Abby
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Perfect Solution for Task Management, Project Planning and Goal Setting

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

As someone with ADHD, Notion is the perfect solution for setting up my own unique and personal workflow. Being able to customize my workspace and plan projects in a way that makes sense to me has made me so much more productive and organized. Although the learning curve is a bit steep, Notion provides many resources and articles that provide enough instruction to figure most things out.

Notion is an endlessly customizable platform that is somehow simple at the same time. I use Notion as a database, task manager, project planner, and overall life planner. I am able to set goals for myself and have those goals plastered on the homepage within Notion so I am constantly reminded of where I need to direct my focus and attention. Since using Notion I have successfully been able to track my goals and have accomplished many things that I never would have thought possible.

The software can be glitchy and updates from the web version don't always transfer automatically to the app and vice versa. The task management functionality leaves much to be desired and recurring tasks and reminders are not a built-in function of the platform.

Airtable

All in one Editor

Bewertet am 16.10.2022

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Sublime Text, Confluence und Evernote Teams

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.

Sublime Text und Evernote Teams
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great versatile tool for businesses and personal use

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

We use Notion for a lot within our org, but mainly knowledge management. It's easy to organize and find your documents and document your processes to share with your team as a central hub. One of my favorite tools out there and indispensable really.

The best thing about Notion is its flexibility, that you can customize it to work as almost anything in your day to day, whether its note taking, documentation, knowledge storing or anything else.

Task management and collaboration can be improved, especially task management needs to get a big upgrade to be able to replace dedicated task management softwares for larger teams. Notion's big benefit, its customization abilities holds it back because although there's hundreds of templates, you do have to set it up and really educate your team on how to use it within your own organization's context, something dedicated task management solutions do for you. I never have to worry if someone "gets" Asana, but if I were to replace Asana with Notion I'd have to really educate my team on how to properly use Notion and all its tools. It's a fine balance to strike but overall Notion is doing a great job at it.

Google Docs

Better organization and search
Lirim
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best productivity apps for anyone who wants to keep themself productive.

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

Absolutely amazing. My life is so much easier and I get now more time to spend with my family thanks to Notion.

NOTION is a true lifesaver productivity app for anyone who really cares to deliver the best of him/her by the end of the day. Once you open the app you will have option to customize the pages you see on the left side, create new ones, include links, add people who you work with, tag them, add pictures, prioritize your tasks, set deadlines and set a reminder for every deadline you set of. It basically has everything I would ask for, almost perfect and it saves me a lot of time by keeping me organize throughout the day.

The only thing I like the least about this software is the font, it has very limited fonts to choose from. I wish they had more.

Microsoft OneNote und monday.com

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

It's not very affordable for people like me who use it very often. Not a lot of options.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

Ease of use, very popular, lots of options to customize based on your needs, and it gives you 14 days free trial which is perfect for people who are trying to figure out what app is the best for them.
Jason Edward
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best and worst of Notion

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Overall it's a great app, I just wish it would be faster and also easier to navigate.

Notion is an extremely flexible software. Thanks to their databases and multiple views like calendar, Kanban, tables and lists. I found it to be extremely intuitive and fun to use. I can definitely see how it could replace a google docs and be a central place for your team.

So the big elephant in the room... Notion can be slow at times, especially when using it on my phone. I would spend a lot of effort just trying to switch between pages. When I would type in it I felt that my text was not in real time. Also on Mobile sometimes I couldn't highlight text due to a bug on their side. This goes against the productivity it is trying to create.

Also the way it works with folders, it very quickly becomes far too many different places and I would need to think about where I need to put the specific note I'm working on, vs actually just writing the note. I think that it would be far better if notion stopped relying so much on folders and rather just made their search and internal linking more streamlined.

Jenny
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Bewertet am 30.8.2022

Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

Layne
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for a company wiki (policies and procedures documentation, meeting notes, etc.)

Bewertet am 25.8.2022

I use Notion as a company wiki to share documentation, instructions, policies and procedures with everyone on my 52-person globally distributed team. It's where new team members go to find and work through their orientation checklists. It's where admins go to work through their onboarding checklists when a new person joins the team. And it's where every team member goes every day to read the extensive instruction manuals they use to do their jobs. It's very easy to create and share beautiful and clear content with Notion.

I love how easy to use it is for content creators and readers alike. You can integrate all kinds of things: images, videos, html, databases, simple tables, etc. There are also lots of different types of heading (three sizes, with or without drop-down toggles to collapse them), which means the documents in our company wiki are very easy to navigate. I love using synced blocks when a rule or procedure is mentioned in more than one place—if you update one block, all of the others sync too so your documentation won't accidentally go out of date.

I had to try really hard to think of one, honestly! I guess I wish there was an easy-to-find user management page. The only way I know how to manage permissions is to use the small window that pops up when you click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of any Notion page. It takes fair amount of scrolling or a fair number of clicks to find someone on my 50+ person team and change or remove their permissions when I need to.

Confluence

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

My last company used Confluence instead of Notion. I like Notion better!

Confluence

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

My COO chose it because it has a lot of traction with other teams we respect.
Aniirudh
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Notion is one of the most powerful end-to-end all-in-one productivity tool

Bewertet am 1.8.2022

Truly Amazing

I love how versatile Notion is - I use it literally like a second brain in order to manage everything in life - especially chores and tasks.

Templates make this so much more powerful. I love how we can convert pages into their own websites and share them. Especially with third-party tools that work on top of Notion, it makes this a productivity beast! Absolutely love Notion

Mobile App needs a lot of work. Currently, it is slow and the UI is not very intuitive. Also other features like additional tab, centering sentences would make this even better.

Document Organization

Google Keep

it's better
Jose J
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Everyday note-taking, organization and brainstorming tool

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

So far it has been a great experience for me and my team. Notion has turned into an app that is always open on the computer, just like the email client.

In our case as a digital assets and marketing company, we need to keep track of many clients and projects. The database feature in Notion allows us to create custom databases where we can filter, search, update and share easily with our clients.

Maybe it's because of our business type, we don't use Notion for our own project management tasks. However, we discuss and collaborate every day in Notion to deploy our project management tasks in another tool.

Dennis

A vital tool

Bewertet am 8.7.2022

The initial learning curve* is sooooooo worth it; I now manage just about everything through Notion. For me, it's the '2nd brain' that the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
bang on about (and with good reason) - I'm more organised, more productive and less stressed.

*Only to use it more extensively; if you just want an Evernote or OneNote alternative, it's as easy as they are)

Enables me to record, note and plan things in whatever way works best at the time, and then find it again, instantly!

As a new user, it takes a little planning to maximise some of its benefits; I needed to rethink the structure behind many things that had previously existed purely as notes.

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

The database structure of Notion meant I could stop having to record the same things in multiple places.

Microsoft OneNote

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notion

More comprehensive and more flexible in other products we could link it to.
Anja
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Best Multi-Function Platform

Bewertet am 6.6.2022

Notion allows me to manage my entire life, whether it comes to school/work, finances, or private life. I cannot name one platform that does what Notion does any better or to the same extent and I do not see myself departing from this platform any time soon - it is so versatile, so even when my life goes through drastic changes, I am able to adjust the way I use Notion to fit my needs.

I use Notion mostly for taking notes - separate pages, toggles, to-do-lists, and tables make note taking so easy! I admire how customisable every page is and the many block options I have to make my experience personal and unique. Notion also allows me to make really effective to-do-lists and manage my tasks and projects because of this range of options. I find it particularly helpful that I can embed and link other pages, websites, and documents - it allows me to keep everything in one place.

On occasion, Notion has not recognised that I have been online even when I have a stable wifi connection. This applies specifically to eduroam connections. Other than that, I cannot point out any other problems or negatives about this platform.

Ed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best tool I use on a daily basis to ideate and take notes

Bewertet am 2.6.2022

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

The ability to ideate in the moment and document my thoughts and ideas in real-time through typing and dictation is amazing and being able to link to other pages and podcasts and videos as well as upload images and access an image library, just to mention a small number of the amazing features of this app that I use on a daily basis

At this point I don't have the ability to search words in my uploaded handwritten paper notes

Google Keep und Evernote Teams

Warum Notion gewählt wurde

Evernote was not developing their features as quickly as Notion and Notion offered features and functionality that Evernote didn't have at the time

More features and functionality