Artwork Archive Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Gretchen

So useful!

Bewertet am 13.7.2020

I'm a huge fan of the fact that I can keep track of expenses, sales, shows and competitions. Such a life-saver!

I'm not an organized person, but Artwork Archive makes me seem like I am! I've found it especially helpful when I have multiple shows I'm applying for and I need to keep track of which paintings are going where. It's also awesome that I can integrate my portfolio with my web site.

I would love it if there was a way to divvy up my portfolio so I could do collection releases and have that sync with my web site... like have a separate gallery just for pieces painted during quarantine and then be able to do a release on my site that's separate from the main portfolio. Is that possible?

Antwort von Artwork Archive

We're so glad that you took the time to review us Gretchen, especially since your ask is definitely possible!

You can create separate Collections within your portfolio. Our users love that tool because you can create thematic groupings, collections for exhibits, and more.

You can also embed your entire portfolio or individual collections onto your website with just one link of code.

If you need help, please feel free to contact us at info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com!

Shelley

Review of Artwork Archive

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

It is a relational database that I can reports out for my boss who is an art collector with over 1500 works. It was easy to transfer via a CSV from his previous database (old, on a glorified xls with a fancy frontpage). I love the new Private Rooms which allow me to put together reports that don't need to be printed. Staff friendly and helpful even though they are on the other side of the world to me

There are some minor things that I have learned to live without. The reports can be a bit clunky and the titles on the reports when printing need to be more like a title. I would like to be able to get a report on the Condition of the artworks but there is a large jump in price which the boss doesn't see the value in (I do but he's the one paying).

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Shelley for the very thorough and informative review.

If you'd ever like to make the case to your boss for upgrading to the Organization level with the Condition reports, I am more than happy to help! It is such a helpful tool and we've received a lot of positive feedback on the maintenance tracking functionality.

sally
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Fabulous inventory and organisational tool.

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

Super! A great help to keep me organised and having all the information in one place. Only touching on the very many applications of this site, will investigate further!

Easy to load and to update with clear info as a record. Great to direct people to the site to view.

sizes of the artwork on the site is not proportional to the works making smaller pieces look more impressive than smaller ones and tall or wide pieces particularly not shown to their best.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Sally for the review! We appreciate the feedback and will make sure it gets relayed to our product team. We're always looking to improve!

As you investigate the platform further, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

-The Artwork Archive Team-

Lauren

Artwork Archive is a great tool for Academic Museums

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

Artwork Archive makes daily collections management tasks much easier and quicker than other programs I have used. The layout is very user-friendly, and the guest-view side of Artwork Archive looks amazing. As an academic museum, we have many undergraduate and graduate student workers come through, and this program is friendly enough that anyone can feel confident using it in no time.

This software is easy to learn and is a very user-friendly way to introduce collections management to student. I'm an undergraduate student, and this program is much easier to navigate than others my museum has used in the past. There are so many great features, and the Artwork Archive team is highly receptive to feedback to improve their product. I'm proud to be able to list my knowledge of Artwork Archive on my CV.

There are some categories that I wish could be added when labeling/categorizing your artwork. It is best set up for galleries or private artists at the moment, but they are expanding features to better serve museums all the time.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thanks for the review Lauren! We're always improving our platform for all of our users including museums. As collection management needs change in this digital era, we want to make sure our tools do as well!
- The Artwork Archive Team

Keasha
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Best Archiving Solution for Small Museums

Bewertet am 30.12.2022

Artwork Archive is an elegant user-friendly platform with a highly functional and flexible set of features. Managing our art inventory online with Artwork Archive, instead of being tethered to a desktop-based system, has been a much more practical and less expensive solution for our small museum. Artwork Archive will be easy for interns and new staff members to use, and they can work on projects remotely. Plus, the Artwork Archive team is very responsive and dedicated to evolving the platform based on user-generated feedback.

Artwork Archive offers a variety of well-designed features to address the collection management needs we had identified and some that we had not yet anticipated. The platform is flexible enough for us to adapt existing features to our museum’s specific needs.We are excited about sharing our current and past exhibitions online through Artwork Archive. The Private Rooms feature allows prospective funders, conservators, appraisers, and researchers to remotely view selected images and related documentation.Artwork Archive’s ability to store images as well as other forms of documentation has streamlined our museum’s collection management by allowing us to organize condition reports, appraisals, maintenance records, and conservation history all in one place.The location feature helps us manage incoming and outgoing exhibit inventory, document the dates when pieces are received at the museum and returned to the artist, report movement of art to and from storage, and track loaned artwork or pieces undergoing conservation off-site.

We haven’t encountered any real problems. I was going to mention wanting more control over the order of images when they’re uploaded. On a hunch, I went to the Resources tab on the Artwork Archive website, searched Help Docs, and found clear instructions for how to change the order of uploaded images. So much for the “cons.”

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Wow! Thank you for the thoughtful and glowing review, Keasha. We are thrilled to work with the MAAA team and are honored to help share out your incredible collection.

-The Artwork Archive Team

fred

A Collector's Perspective of Artwork Archive

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

Artwork Archive has allowed me to catalog my art collection with a minimum of data entry headaches. It is well designed, simple to use and gives me easy online access to my collection.

I spent several months looking for software to use in cataloging my art collection. Artwork Archive had the features I was looking for a price that I could afford. I like the ease of data entry, the ease of attaching images, and the varied types of reports that can be generated. Their online tutorials are very helpful in explaining the softwares features. I also appreciate the fact they are continually improving the software by adding features like the private viewing room.

A filter function when preparing reports that allows you to select by artist name would helpful.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you mentioned report generation. You can filter by Artist name! When creating the report, scroll down to Filters, click on the box, and then select the dropdown for Artist.

Mary
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Technology for artists

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

I'm a new company and it provides me the tools to manage consignment art effectively and at a reasonable cost. What I truly appreciate about Artwork Archive is that I get the sense that this team is 100% behind their mission of supporting artists. The team seems to really care. I understand technology and how it works. The ease of use of course was a factor but I was sold on their passion for artists.

It's easy to use. I like the inventory management features for artwork. It allowed me to put my new small business online in a cost effective manner. The reports are amazing. I like the fact that the company is constantly upgrading the software.

I would like more information about how to handle consignments. Formatting options for reports would be great. I'm not really sure how to effectively use exhibitions. I would like to but it's not clear. I would like to archive photos and information about exhibitions that have already occured.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the lovely review Mary. We are indeed passionate about supporting artists and the creative sector.

I saw your note about Exhibitions and we'd be happy to help you use the tool to organize and archive your shows. These two resources may be of assistance:

All the best,

Colleen

Glad I found Artwork Archive

Bewertet am 15.7.2020

I worked really hard to set up my own gallery on my website and I still wasn’t happy with the results. Then I saw a post about Artwork Archive from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on Instagram and I was intrigued. I’ve found him to be a trustworthy source of information and advice so I watched his video and others I found on YouTube and I set it up. It’s been fantastic and trouble free. Also I appreciate your emails and the excellent advice in them. I wasn’t expecting that, it’s a great added bonus.

It’s easy to use, easy to set up, clients find it easy to search, I find it easy to update (even from my phone) it looks professional.

I’d love to be able to organize my paintings to appear to my customers in order of medium or some other way. I know they can search and I can have collections so this is a small thing.
I had to really think to come up with a con.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

We're so glad you found us! Sergio is an incredible resource and we're lucky to have him sharing Artwork Archive.

Thank you for the feedback. I've shared it with the team! We're always looking for ways to improve.

Marisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product with superior customer service

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

We use Artwork Archive and find it an invaluable resource. I began working with the Van Every/Smith Galleries just over a year ago and Artwork Archive was already in place. It is cloud based which makes it easy for our numerous interns to use and update it. As well as for us, and any other college department, to pull up the collection of approximately 4,000 works at any time and from anywhere. Artwork Archive support staff is also terrific to work with, answering inquiries quickly and consistently adding to their page with support and how-to articles.

Ease of entering information and the visually pleasing public facing end

Looking forward to the more detailed location and location history options that are in the works

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Marisa for the positive review! It's a joy to work with such a spectacular institution and team as yours! And we look forward to our updates as well ;)

- The Artwork Archive Team

Parker
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Artwork Archive is

Bewertet am 22.10.2022

I initially connected with a team member who walked me through the software before the onboarding process. She was super helpful in answering my questions and incredibly attentive.

Artwork Archive is incredibly robust as compared to other collections management software systems. Additionally, it is priced very reasonably with a diverse range of pricing tiers.

Artwork Archive offers an excellent option for individually sharing collection pieces in private and public rooms however I wish there was a more robust public-facing interface for sharing collection pieces (ie. sorting, filtering, searching, etc.)

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Artlogic

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We hear your feedback on the Public Profile and will bring it to the team for review. We're always eager to improve upon our product.

Cheers,

Heather

Couldn't work without Artwork Archive

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

They are very responsive to feedback! I've contacted the staff several times with questions and feedback and they always get back to me promptly.

This software is indispensable for artists keeping track of work. I can track all my inventory, where it's been shown, sales, buyer info, expenses, exhibitions - everything is in one place. You can really track as much info per piece as you'd like to. My favorite part might be the reports you can generate - it's so easy to make professional-looking portfolio pages, or inventory lists, or labels that you can print or send as pdfs.

Though it's not a major part of the software, the revenue/expenses tracking portion could be a little more robust.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Wow! Thank you for such a positive review Heather. We're so glad you made the switch to our platform from Filemaker. Please feel free to contact us via chat or at team@artworkarchive.com with any feedback you have on our Revenue/Expenses feature. We always looking to improve!
-The Artwork Archive Team-

Kate

Artwork Archive rocks!

Bewertet am 13.7.2020

Every Sunday I update my inventory with sales and new pieces which are automatically reflected on my website. Every Monday I get an email telling me about upcoming deadlines for exhibits. I know where my pieces are and can generate reports, labels, and print out my artist statement as needed. If you’re looking for a tool to help you stay organized Artwork Archive is the way to go!

It takes care of the business side of things so I can focus on painting. It’s easy to use, very intuitive, and can be integrated with your website so you only have to update things once. Also - the customer support team is great - helpful and quick to respond.

There is nothing I dislike about this software - it’s awesome!

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Oh wow, the Artwork Archive team is grinning from ear to ear reading this. Such a wonderful review! Thank you Kate. We're so glad that we can be of help and it sounds like you have a great system and process in place to excel in your art career. Best of luck! We're glad to be on the ride with you :)

Emily
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

This software has revolutionized my business as an art dealer!

Bewertet am 28.10.2022

A complete game changer for my business. Improved my company's perceived level of professionalism, and helps me keep track of sales and contacts that I otherwise had no great system for.

The most important feature for me is the "Private Viewing Room" function. Collectors are much more comfortable these days viewing and purchasing art online. As much as I like to make appointment and show people work in-person, the viewing room is an incredible way to give clients a taste of what I have to offer. Invoicing using AA is incredibly convenient too. Game Changer!

I wish there was an easy way to create newsletters or send general messages/announcements not related to a specific piece of artwork.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the lovely review! We're thrilled to hear how instrumental our platform has been to your art business.

All the best,

Gail

Great for location tracking

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Very responsive to my questions when I was just getting started. Did a good job explaining how the software could effectively meet my needs.

It has allowed one person to manage and move over 275 paintings across a campus of 14 locations. I track over 100 permanent galleries and three exhibitions spaces. Tags allow me to also pull together options for thematic exhibitions as well as plan reframing projects.

I don't have any criticisms about the software.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Wow! Thank you for such a glowing review, Gail! We enjoy working with you and are impressed by the spread and organization of your collection.

Krista
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent collection management tool for artists and non profits

Bewertet am 14.9.2021

As an independent artist, I use Artwork Archive to record my work, present it for potential sale and exhibition, as well as track individual pieces as they go out for shows. Additionally I have used it to document a small non-profit’s collection that includes a diversity of work including print runs. In both capacities, Artwork Archive created a one stop place to document the collections, eliminating old spreadsheets that never got updated. Highly recommend. Affordable for working artists as well as nonprofits.

Ease of use, clean, minimalist presentation, openness to feedback from users, ever improving tools and resources.

I don’t have any complaints at all, but could see room for additional forms/reports from the data.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thanks for the great review Krista! We're so glad that you can use our platform both for your art business and for a nonprofit's art collection.

Alessandro
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Highly satisfied, great archive tool

Bewertet am 26.9.2023

I am highly satisfied so far, and would recommend Artwork Archive to any Art enthusiast that is running an inventory

Artwork Archive is very intuitive to use, you can easily upload and manage your artworks and prepare professional reports. Good value for money.

When you create a Certificate of authenticity (pdf) for your artwork you are not free to modify the layout of the page, which results in a not-so-professional outcome - it would be great to have access to modify every section of the certificate, especially an option to insert your logo wherever you want

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Alessandro for the positive review and the feedback on the COA. I've shared it with our product team since we're always looking for ways to improve.

Michelle

Artwork archive review

Bewertet am 1.7.2020

Very supportive on line assistance

Very supportive on line assistance

It is so user friendly and based in a knowledge of the needs of an artist and gallery. From organising images to Inventories , catalogues etc

None I have to date found no issues with this software and have recommended it to others

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the kind words Michelle! We're so happy you're enjoying Artwork Archive. Thank you for sharing it with others!

chris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best all around artwork management software!

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

This software manages all my inventory and where its located. I run reports to keep myself on track. Its so simple and effective compared to the manual spreadsheet I used to try to keep up with.

The entire software package is easy to use, logical and thoughtfully inclusive with all the details I need.

I wish the location data entry could be inside the record details for the artwork so I don't have to go back and do it separately.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thanks for the wonderful review Chris!

We do store the artwork's location within the artwork record. You can change the artwork's location (art show, art fair, on consignment, sale, etc.) within the artwork record. If you click onto the location from the artwork, you can also edit the location record info. If we're missing a need please let us know! You can contact us at team@artworkarchive.com

Doriana

Software

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

Excellent

Excellent

I found the software user friendly. Many choices to integrate with my art.

I am not happy with the recent change on editing my art data.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for your review Doriana. We're glad you find Artwork Archive user friendly. That's our goal!

We'd love to hear more about the recent change on editing your art data. We don't edit data. The input and editing is all done by the user (unless we do an import for you and in that case, it's all your data). We'd love to learn more. If you have time, please contact us at team@artworkarchive.com.

Thanks!

Brenda
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Completing a Legacy

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

Organization, good FAQ, helpful chat for questions, I can't say enough about it.
I heard about...

I heard about Artwork Archive during the pandemic when I was listening to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] daily Facebook artist demos. He happened to briefly mention it. You should give him a shout out!

My late husband had started a book of his art prior to his passing. He may have known where everything was but I didn't. Artwork Archive brought daylight to a morass of excel spreadsheets, jpegs filed what seemed like anywhere on his computer, and even post it notes. The software encourages the user to consider (and complete) all the details about the piece of art. It is very easy to load your art jpegs into the system, then record the information about each piece of art. The collections has been most helpful in organizing art subject matter. A useful feature is the ability to send a private link to interested parties.

Nothing. I am still learning and still like it.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Brenda for your lovely review. Preserving artists' legacies is so important and we're glad to hear that we can be of help throughout your process.

Cheers,

Nanci

Artwork Archive is a HUGE Asset as an artist/entrepreneur

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

I have been using this software for at least 5 years and I continue to find great things about the system- including the blog with great helpful articles.

It is intuitive- with plenty of support and tutorials when needed.

I do not have any complaints or suggestions at this time.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Nanci for the wonderful review! We're so glad that you enjoy our blog as well. We take great pride in our articles.

Marcela
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

I would recommend it

Very good so far!

Very good so far!

It is easy to use and has very good tools.

It would be fantastic that the software would allow the user to add a name identifying the images that can be uploaded in each piece. If I am working with a copy or reproduction I would like to add also the image of the original as a reference, but currently is not possible to make a distinction between them in the same record. It would be great to work with this software also in an app.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you Marcela for the review! I'm glad you took the time because we actually do have a way for you to track the original name of the image and details. You have a few options:

You can log that information under the Additional Files tab. It's a great place to store all types of documents, including images.

And the original name of the image (what was uploaded) is accessible on the piece record. Scroll down to Original Image Files. Click Actions and if you download or Copy the URLboth will provide you with the original image name of what was uploaded into the account.

Hope that all helps!

I've also shared your feedback with the team since we take user feedback very seriously and are always looking for ways to integrate it into the platform.

Stuart
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent product, highly recommended

Bewertet am 28.5.2023

Ease of use, very fast, many options, customizable to meet my needs. This product fills a niche that is very difficult to find elsewhere.

I wish the interface was a bit more customizable to fit my exact needs but it still works great

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for the wonderful review Stuart! We're so glad you're happy with Artwork Archive and are happy to recommend us.

Please feel free to contact our support team via chat to discuss your customization needs. We're always happy to consider.

Mark
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very professional software with excellent customer support

Bewertet am 2.8.2021

Web integrations work well, look great in general and save me a lot of time. Also, customer service has been excellent. All of my concerns have been addressed quickly, including a change to the functionality that was made for me personally as a single user.

The extent of user customization is somewhat limited. Partly this is intentional by the company to avoid user-created problems, so it's not really a complaint as much as an aspiration.

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thank you for such a lovely review, Mark! We're glad to have you on our platform!

Lucy
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

How did I live without it?

Bewertet am 29.6.2019

So much time saved as I am enormously more organised. By uploading each artwork as I complete it, with all the details I feel so much more organised. I can provide the link to galleries and potential customers. I feel a lot more in control.

The clean interface - and the ease of getting around the package. Everything is thought of and more.

There literally has been nothing that I haven't liked!

Antwort von Artwork Archive

Thanks Lucy for the kind words! We're so glad that we can give you time back in your day and help you feel more organized and in control! That's awesome!