ScreenPal

4,4 (86)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Bildschirmaufzeichnung und Videoerstellung für Schulen und Unternehmensabteilungen

Sortieren nach

Benn
Benn
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Capture and record your screen in a fast way

Bewertet am 11.6.2022

This app is useful for people who study or who work constantly on a PC, with screencast I can sort all the screenshots and save it in the cloud, this way it is not saved on my hard drive, and it is more orderly to find them, it also has the option to share them on the main social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Screen o matic is a lightweight software and its interface is intuitive, it has a basic menu and is not loaded with many options that can confuse you.

it is excellent for making videos tutorial, I like that I can capture images of my screen and record everything I am doing, this is useful when you want to show someone on your team a procedure, it saves you time explaining over and over again, with screencast o matic you record them and share them with a link. I like how easy is to edit the videos created with its desktop version, in addition to video I use it to make screenshots, it is one of the few apps that I have tried that works for both PC, Android and iPhone, it is quite practical since in addition to doing screenshots I can edit the images, crop, or add text to them.

So far it has worked fine, and I have nothing against it.

Geoffrey
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

My GOTO screen recorder

Bewertet am 12.1.2022

I'm delighted with SOM.
I've been using it since V1 to share tutorials with my team, record...

I'm delighted with SOM.
I've been using it since V1 to share tutorials with my team, record webinars, VSLs, online trainings and group meetings.

Screencast-O-Matic is like the powerpoint for video/screenshots.
You can quickly and easily record your screen and/or your webcam... or make screenshots (without having the app crashing on you in the middle of it).
Then edit what you need with their embedded editor.
(I like that the mic signal is cleaned automatically within the editor to remove undesirable noises.)
One more click and your final output is shared online within their included cloud service.
If you chose to save the video to your computer, you won't need to re-compress it with handbrake to save space as it's already producing decently sized files (3 compression levels available).
You can even configure it to save your work files in the cloud so that you can come back later to them from anywhere and continue where you left (or just cancel as many actions as you wish - all your history is saved along with your final output).
I also like the fact that it comes with royalty free music we can use within our videos in a few clicks.
I'm happy to pay monthly. The price is ridiculous and it's an awesome product that keeps being updated.

To my regret, they removed in V2 the "automatic documentation" feature which was available in V1.
There is now the possibility to import an external video and edit it within the tool; unfortunately, some MP4 codecs have playback issues.
That's about it for the cons.

Beth
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Reliability has gone downhill

Bewertet am 31.10.2023

It used to be amazing. But, now, I am really disappointed. I want a reliable service that I can count on.

I liked actually being able to use it when I was able to. These days, the software will not install. And when it finally does, it freezes and will not work. If they are having problems, it should be announced on their website.

No longer functions and I have no idea when/if customer service will respond. It is extremely disappointing. I will be looking for a reliable service.

Tom
Tom
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Screen Pal is my best tool

Bewertet am 29.2.2024

Great as I have been trying to learn some of the high dollar apps for editing and creating videos they are just so deep for a new user this is the very best ..

Just plain easy to use even and old fart like myself can figure it out

Have not found anything bad and there are still tools I have not yet tested

Andre

Explosive Video creation

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

I am quite satisfied

I am quite satisfied

ease of usage was extremely pleasant and I could do it over and over

editing is somewhat difficult sometimes particularly to gaue the cut off points

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Prezi

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ScreenPal

easy to use and work with. plus storage is good along with pricing
Kris
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Highly intuitive and easy to use screen recording platform.

Bewertet am 14.1.2023

The platform is incredibly easy to use, very intuitive, and ideal for novices as well as those who are more familiar with screen recorders.

The price to upgrade and use the system's full array of features is quite modest and definitely worth it as the platform is incredibly easy to use.

The platform does not offer an option for a one-off payment for lifetime use of the product. Instead, if a user wants to benefit from the more advanced features that go beyond the free package, they will need to be an annual subscription.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Bandicam Screen Recorder

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ScreenPal

Screencast-O-Matic seemed to be a more versatile and reliable product.
Kazumi
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great screen recorder!

Bewertet am 29.12.2022

I use it to screen record my teaching videos. I love the ease of it and it didn’t take me long to learn how to use it. You can save or upload an unlimited amount of videos, which is generous, especially for people who need to keep lots of videos.

The Zoom integration is very handy since I share videos with my students. You can edit Zoom recordings inside the Screencast-o-matic editor if you would like and upload it to the platform. I can set the expiration date for each video when I share with my students. Once you set it, you can forget about it, which is so convenient. When large sized videos are uploaded, the file size will automatically become smaller. It is good because I want Zoom recordings to be smaller in size. You can also hide your published date when you don’t want to share it with people.I also like the Screencast-o-matic editing software. I’m amazed how much you can do with it. If you have a green screen, you can easily remove the green background and add a different one. I was able to remove the green background nicely, so my lecture recordings look professional with my slides as my background. The subscription is not so expensive. I think it is a great deal when you purchase it at the end of November when the sale is going on.

When you want to keep videos that have high definition quality on the platform , I’m not sure how to do that. Video file size will be shrunk each time I try. I haven’t found how to do that yet.

Nancy

Favourite Screenrecoder

Bewertet am 26.12.2021

Overall a robust value for money tool I use for video recording and screenwalkthroughs

I'v tried a few options, like Loom, Camtasia, SnagIt but eventuially settled for Screencastomatic because of the ease of use and short learning curve

It would be perfect if it had an optimised Greenscreen option. The current one doesn't work.

Felipe
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Really good video recording and editor

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

I have the app in my toolbars desktop and it doesn't take me more than one clic and adjusting the window to have my recordings ready to go

I use to record a lot of videos from the web to keep useful lessons and technical tutorials. This is the easiest way to do it, easy to install, easy to record and save and easy to edit it, make screenshots if needed

It{s sometimes difficult to avoid editing and trimming videos afterwards because is the recording screen is on the video you want to record and you can't clic easily to start the original video at the same time

MARCUS
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Rapid video generation for classroom support

Bewertet am 2.5.2021

I have used it for a few years to support my classrooms. I love the publish to youtube feature. But by far, the most useful tool to me is the narration option of cut or speed up silence. This feature allows me to complete lectures and software tutorials in a single take, click cut or speed up silence, and post a video very quickly.

The very simple interface. Extremely short learning curve.

Lacks chromebook support. The website says it supports Chromebooks, but the link to the app is dead. Have to suggest competitor WeVideo for Chromebook video content editing

Jon
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great screen caprure tool, but no live streaming capabilities

Bewertet am 6.12.2023

Easy to use for clear screen capture.
I used for creating a slide deck training video.

Editing live audio imprecise due to lack of proper zoom.
Had to overdub my audio.
No option to live stream on Facebook. :(

Steven
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung

Afford Fortune

Bewertet am 23.10.2023

I love Screen Pal, since the day I started using its services as from 2012. Video editing made easy with Screen Pals great product, helped me add daily video to my You Tube channel. Screen Pal is one awesome Video Editing platform.

Easy to use, with plenty of tools for making creative videos

And option to rotate the whole screen and perhaps a tool to be able to download existing videos from You Tube.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Screencast-O-Matic review by amateur QA

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

Very satisfied, hope to see more from Screencast-O-Matic in the future and that it will get more tools for editing, so I can further enhance my recordings.

Screencast-O-Matic is good Software, with whose use I was able to quickly record and edit some ( mainly ) short videos of encountered issues on Web Sites for one QA platform. Editing was very fair, nice, easy and fast as well and I was able to provide videos of high quality for my employer, who was very satisfied with the end result. I do hope that makers of this Software will continue their good work and even further upgrade it with some new options ( for further editing for instance ).

At the moment i do not have any negative thoughts about this product, as it was very good for my daily use and has provided me with the best result imaginable in that area of work.

Eduardo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My review of ScreenPal

Bewertet am 21.12.2023

It is very good. I started using the product many years ago (when it was Screencastomatic and have not left since.

E-learning: The ease with which I can create videos to train colleagues, present e-learning courses, provide useful guidance, introduce material, and the like.
Personal: The ease with which I can create family videos uploading video files and / or photos.
Adding music: I like the music offered by Screenpal.

I have not come across something I do not like.

Melissa
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer support non existent, 4 tickets raised no response, lost all my channels after...

Bewertet am 11.4.2023

Painful, and lost all my historical files after the upgrade/rebranding they had recently. No customer support

Good software but the backend management is a big letdown, I am writing this to warn others who fall for this product based on a good previous track record!

I lost all the files I recorded and after the re-branding still, nothing has been fixed.I am also being asked to upgrade to the paid version, and I am a paid version holder. Total mess, I would stay away from their ad the new owners, and whoever bought them up making a mess of it.

Kevin

What a crap product

Bewertet am 13.8.2023

I used this product all the time. I am no looking for another product to use. The transition to screenpal has cost me so many lost hours trying to get it to work. It is horrible

What was good is now terrible. I liked that it worked. It doesn't now

I just spent 2 hours doing feedback for students on the iPad. Uploaded videos to screen pal. The videos don't work. How do you charge for a product that is so terrible to use

Antwort von ScreenPal

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our software.

I'd like to help resolve these issues so you can continue supporting your students with ScreenPal. Please contact us at support@screenpal.com so our support team can help you resolve these issues.

Thank you! - Rebecca at ScreenPal

Steve
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Screenpal is worth every penny!

Bewertet am 6.12.2023

I have been delighted with ScreenPal because it's easy to learn, it's a proven platform that is very reliable, and it's very affordable to other video hosting/editing tools on the market. I am glad we subscribed to ScreenPal.

Screenpal has proven to be an invaluable tool for our business, and once you get used to the controls it is super-easy to upload, edit and organize video tutorials in channels.

Having to upload videos one by one, and not having a bulk upload feature, requires a lot of downtime as videos are uploaded, processed, then added to the proper channel.

Karen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Screencast-o-matic in education

Bewertet am 9.12.2021

This has been a very intuitive, easy to use software for me. I've been able to annotate from my computer and edit the videos using the software. It's a lifesaver in the world of making education available virtually.

This software was easy to use and has been very easy for me to edit. I have little to no experience making and editing videos, but when covid changed the way we were educating students, I had to try several different platforms. Screencast-o-matic was by far the easiest to learn to use and gave me a lot of functions.

I've really had no problems doing what I need to do. I'm sure there are many functions I have yet to explore.

Christopher
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for real-time tutorials and cleaning up recorded presentations

Bewertet am 29.11.2021

I like the variety of available filters. You can add additional text, highlight particular areas on the screen, emphasize different types of mouse actions, and obfuscate confidential information. It's also easy to splice together different cuts of video. A very powerful and helpful piece of software.

The time-slider (to move to different points in the video) can be very touchy. Also, you have to be very mindful about how you layer your effects. If you're not very careful, you can miss frames when you think you've setup two different effects to stack and instead of a seamless transition, it becomes incredibly obvious. If there was a better way to work with individual frames, that would also help a lot but alas, I don't think there is one.

Ani
Ani
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Piece of Cake

Bewertet am 11.7.2022

Love it and would highly recommend it.

Love it and would highly recommend it.

Besides being very affordable, it's easy to use and has great functionality.

Wish I could insert a video without loosing a part of existing video

Marco
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Great tool for Education and Training

Bewertet am 28.2.2024

very good. I have made a lot of work with this tool , and I can use my time in more efficent way

Ease of use in screen recording. Editing functions are very useful

Sometimes on long recording the screen freeze up . I don't know if it is a Screenpal problem or a problem of my PC

Pamela
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

EXCELLENT Screen recorder and Video Editor

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Screencast-O-Matic is an EXCELLENT product. It has all the tools of an expensive video editor for a fraction of the cost. The training videos are also very helpful and well made.

Screencast-O-Matic is very versitle and can do a lot for a very reasonable price. I use it for screen capture software demonstrations.

Sometimes I get confused with the separate screen for the Video Library. I would like to see improved navigation from that to the recording screen.

• Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great tool for screen recording and video editing

Bewertet am 28.3.2021

I am very much satisfied with this software. it is user-friendly software with a cheap price plan.

The tool is OK from all aspects. It's always very easy to edit videos and make screen recordings by using this tool.

navigation of the screen menu is a little bit difficult to navigate.

Jeff
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mr. Tarkowski School Counselor

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

I have enjoyed using your product to help educate my students

I have enjoyed using your product to help educate my students

It is easy to use and tough to screw up downloading my recording

Trouble not downloading to my Google docs.

• Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A very good option for Screen recording and Basic editting

Bewertet am 3.5.2021

I love how easy the software is, you can record, edit and save screen recordings in a few clicks only. I love how they offer different pricing options for different user categories including separate pricing for schools and individuals. Love the availability of the stock videos.

Their freemium model of pricing could definitely be improved to be a little more generous like some of the other providers.