Unternehmensführungs-Software für Auftragnehmende und Architekturschaffende

Jo
Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Bewertet am 27.8.2021

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Antwort von Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

Sara

Value for the cost

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

I have been with them since the beginning, and seen many versions of this. I adore the people who work with us when there are glitches, wish there were less glitches and that new versions were highly tested before being let loose but appreciate the open dialogue with the company. The product is only getting better and grateful for what it can do for us.

The project based software is a a must for our business. There are many features the program offers but what we use this for largely is project selection, proposals, and invoicing with clients.

In any software system there is always room for improvement, overall I love that the team is constantly working to improve and seeking input from the users on how to improve. Are there things I wish this could do now that would make our life easier, YES, but overall ok with the way things are working and getting used to the newest version.

Scam

Bewertet am 9.8.2023

HORRENDOUS. I am still having to pay monthly for something we cannot even use. Zero customer service. Zero training. Zero care for their customers.

This product has a lot of features that could be useful if Houzz actually taught you how to use it. Buyer beware. Customer service is nonexistent.

They sold me on something they promised we would get ample training on. They started our subscription before the 30 day trial was up then refused to cancel our subscription. They paired us with an advisor that was in a time zone 4 hours behind us so we were never able to connect. Then when we finally did, she ran through her "training" in less than 5 minutes. After expressing my concerns about the time difference with our trainer, they placed us with someone in Arkansas. The night before our training I got an email cancelation with no explanation of why he canceled. Anytime I had a question I'd try to use the online chat option. It would take someone 3-5 days to reply. When they did replay, they just referred me to links on the website and youtube videos. TRAINING does not exist. They ran me through hours of calls trying to get this resolved but all the account manager kept telling me was that she'd give me 1 month free and she was sorry I felt the way I did. SCAMMERS. Robotic. They do not care that they sold me on something that was a pure lie. Look at other reviews. I am not the only one.

Antwort von Houzz

We apologize for any miscommunication that occurred during your purchase of Houzz Pro. We strive to provide every customer with a great experience and we would like the opportunity to make this right. Please reach out to our team at (888) 316-6960  so our management team can discuss this with you further.

Lowell
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

This is a stupid survey. I wasn't able to leave any real comments until this last page

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

Until recently my experience with house has been phenomenal. I really only want to use Houzz as an advertising, and customer connection platform. These other services and business tools might be great for others but so far I do not see a need for them

Houzz Pro is great at presenting us to our customers and bringing us potential business. That is the real reason we pay for it.

You have recently altered the way we can contact and connect with our customers by having all calls and text go through your switch board. This new process now ties our hands as to communication with a potential customer. This slows down the whole process. This is even worse when your switch board has a connection problem or error that won't even allow us to reach our customer.

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Houzz Pro fits the bill for this small homebuilding company

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

My overall experience with Houzz Pro is quite good. It is robust enough yet simple enough to work for this small contractor.

I like the timeline, the tasks section, the daily logs (super easy to use, including pictures - my clients are loving this). I am starting to use the budgeting and estimating side and I like it so far.

There are a few small hiccups with how information is communicated with subs and vendors, but I fully expect this to get better in the near future. Houzz is constantly adding new features. I don't like not being able to view the timelines on mobile devices. Add this functionality please!

BuildBook

Warum Houzz Pro gewählt wurde

Buildertrend is a bloated product in my opinion with too many options and features and actually made my workflow more complicated, whereas Houzz Pro has simplified things for me. And also, Houzz Pro is much cheaper.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Buildertrend

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Houzz Pro

I chose Houzz Pro because I was already using their advertising and lead platform.
Jonathan
  • Branche: Think-Tanks

Honest Feedback

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

My clients love it and for basic invoicing and estimates, i can create and submit quickly and easily in the field. Im taking very little work home now.

It was quick to set up and start to collect. Payment integration is very good with this program

For simple tasks, its very intuitive. But going deeper requires some help. As a one man show, I'm not at a desk from 9-5. I cant seem to keep an ongoing dialouge with the help center. If i dont respond very quickly they close the ticket. Im left with scheduling an actual appointment. which means not only do i need to stop production, but also that i need to find a quiet "coffee house usually" placeto set up and get logged in in order to answer a question. Its terribly frustrating.

Miranda
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

10/10 Recommend Houzz Pro for Designers

Bewertet am 16.5.2023

Houzz is a very easy platform to learn. I love being able to create proposals and present room boards to my clients all in one place. One of the best features is the chat option where a team member quickly gets back to me with any question I have, no matter how small. I have even seen Houzz make changes to its user interface based on feedback from pro accounts, making me feel heard and valued. Thanks for everything!!

My favorite features of Houzz Pro is the proposal and invoicing system. I can turn a room board into a proposal with one click and can customize any proposal to show as much or as little as I want! Once a proposal is approved, I simply turn it into an invoice with one button and send it off to collect payment. So easy breezy!I also have to mention that the chat system connects you with a real person, not a bot. This makes THE MOST difference compared to other management systems. I will never take this feature for granted.

It was a bit of a learning curve to figure out where everything was that I wanted to access. Some functions weren't as intuitive as others. Thankfully, the chat button makes this so much easier! Whenever I have felt "lost" learning this system, someone gets back to me in a few minuets with a solution or answer to my question.

joshua
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

the best system out there!!!!

Bewertet am 19.5.2023

before houzz pro I was spending hours after an already long day in the office taking care of paperwork. now I am only going to the office to check the phones and look at the logbook to see what is coming up next as we have not got everything switched over to the system. now I am only at the office a couple of hours a week.

estimates and progress tracker are the 2 i use the most so far cant wait to get off and use the other features more.

once a bid is placed it adds the total amount of all bids even the once that were declined and it makes you look twice at what's actually coming in. if there was a way to delete the bids that would be great

Buildertrend

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Houzz Pro

the system is easy to use and the price is way better for the product offered
lindsay
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

HOUZZ PRO for the small buiness contractor

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

I have had an overall positive experience using Houzz pro. We are a new buiness and we were a little frazzled about where to begin to start making professional estimates to send to potential customers. We wanted something that was easy to do with our mobile phones so we wouldn't have to lug around a lap top all day. Houzz pro delivered on what we were needing right now.

I like that Houzz pro is so simple to use. It is great for someone who is just now getting started up and not really sure how to begin creating professional estimates and invoices.

I don't like that it has the messaging feature within the app and the only way for that feature to work is if the customer was to download the app as well.

Clear Estimates und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Houzz Pro

We chose houzz pro mostly because of the cost. We also found it to be very simple to use.
Jason
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very happy

Bewertet am 29.8.2023

Estimates, invoices, 3d scan, change orders

I haven't been able to make the time to learn about all of the different functions of the program.

Marlena

We love Houzz Pro

Bewertet am 2.10.2021

Love it!

Love it!

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

DesignFiles und QuickBooks Online Advanced

Warum Houzz Pro gewählt wurde

We were looking for a product that was specific to our industry and this is it! It has everything you need to run an interior design business!

Zuvor genutzte Software

DesignFiles, QuickBooks Online Advanced und Stripe

Antwort von Houzz

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way.

Anne Marie

Overall happy

Bewertet am 13.1.2022

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Antwort von Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons?

Donna
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

it is my back pocket power card.

Bewertet am 15.9.2021

I am still using it for leads, tracking, portfolio display, and reviews to build new business.

The analytics are very helpful to keep track of progress and what is showing as successful.

No scheduling component for projects and all the phases of present product, price product, order product, the product arrives/delivered/inspected.
All helpful for the communication of the project and job site progress.

CoConstruct

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Houzz Pro

I am using both. I am trying to evaluate if stepping back from CoConstruct and using Houz Pro is a valid tool replacement.

Antwort von Houzz

Hi, Donna, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've found our analytics empowering, and your thoughts on scheduling have been shared with our product team. I hope you choose to keep your power card long-term! If you'd be willing, I would love to connect with you directly to hear more about your experience with Houzz Pro.

-Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Pamela
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Using Houzz Pro

Bewertet am 14.3.2023

A-. I have a user of Houzz and all his resources since I open my business 10 years ago. Overall, I'm extremely happy and I love all the growth and opportunities to tie my website in with the profile, the 3-D, rendering options, and all the bells and whistles that you provide. There are areas where it needs improvement from the user, friendly, use ability perspective… but overall it has been good. Some of the lead resource page could be a little less cumbersome… But overall again, I've been able to navigate and make it useful.

Leads, 3d rendering, communications for client with idea books

some 3 d is limited. Needs more options, need a true mood board that can be personalized with my business logo and being able to pull products that are not just Houzz into he template. Need to be more user friendly.

lauren

Bewertet am 28.2.2023

It's been a bit bumpy. I've had different people tell me different things on occasion.Seems like there's a lot of confusion among employees.

My Firm uses Houzz Pro mostly for presentation of proposals, invoices, mood boards and tear sheets.

Some things are clunky. You should be able to turn a mood board into a proposal automatically, for example. Instead, everything must be added manually. Also, I'm disappointed that our tear sheets, proposals and invoices cannot be customized to look like our business branding instead of Houzz Pro's.

Marie
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Bewertet am 2.4.2021

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this.

It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better prospects and am wondering if I need to update my website, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thinks it's great. Should I not mention working within their budget? I am getting all the cheapskates it seems! i understand people are worried; so am I!!

I also just the other day, tried to make some verbal improvements but it didn't tell me I had run over the 2500 word limit until I finished it, and so it didn't save any of it. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and he told me to send what I wanted to write to him. Please look this over for me if you really want to help.I know Houzz keeps him pretty busy!

Could someone else look my website over and make some suggestions. ? I think a longer video with music would be better..the one you have put on there is too short. Please advise me on that.. But I can honestly say that I have investigated other companies and nothing compares to your Professional program!! Thanks so much for your dedication to be a truly professional place for us designers and decorators to have our websites! Marie Given

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!!

Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review.
Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Alberto
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Still space to improve

Bewertet am 12.5.2023

In my opinion, Houzz Pro software has been a mixed bag. While it offers valuable features for project management and the support is commendable, there are notable drawbacks. The software has encountered bugs and lacks essential design elements, causing frustration and a loss of trust. Lead generation has been subpar, with low-quality leads and unresponsiveness. The program's extensive capabilities are impressive, but the learning curve is steep. Overall, while there are positives, there is room for improvement in various areas to enhance the user experience.

Houzz Pro is an indispensable tool for our business, providing a comprehensive project-based software solution. Its wide range of features caters to our needs, including project selection, proposals, and seamless invoicing with clients. Moreover, the platform offers remarkable cost savings, as it delivers all these capabilities at a fraction of the cost, eliminating the hassle of converting funds to Canadian currency. One of the highlights is the Houzz Pro dashboard, which conveniently stores everything required for my projects, regardless of their scale. Additionally, the insightful analytics prove invaluable in tracking progress and identifying successful endeavors.

The learning curve may seem daunting, but the exceptional support provided makes it worthwhile. Don't let that discourage you from exploring the platform's immense value once everything is up and running smoothly. However, there are a few areas that could be improved. It would be beneficial to have the ability to edit or cancel items after issuing an invoice, and generating credit memos can be challenging. Additionally, it would be convenient if bank transfer payments were free of charge. The Houzz Pro software design program has some bugs and lacks key elements like stairs and fireplaces, which need fixing to regain trust. Customizing specific furniture pieces within the program would be a great addition.

Kevin

All-In-One Sales Tool

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

Houzz Pro is not BuilderTrend or it's competitors, it's not meant to be. What it is, is a great tool for the boutique, niche or small custom contractors who work in intimate teams and/or one-on-one with their clients to deliver value on high quality projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], NOT a project manager for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

I've used EVERY big name software you can think of and although they were very detailed and very useful for the purpose they were designed for none of them were a simple and effective all-in-one tool.

That's where Houzz Pro steps in!

The Houzz Pro package consists of: a website that's set-up for you, initially, but super easy to modify yourself or by reaching out to your dedicated support staff, a very simple CAD design tool to help bring vision to any project quickly, a mood board, a take-off tool that appears to be a light version of PlanSwift, an estimation tool and CRM. I have used ALL of these tools individually in the past, utilizing different companies for each, so to have them in one simple package is great! The strength of Houzz Pro is in it's simplicity and focus. It is not super detailed in any one of the features so it's best utilized, at this point in it's infancy, to engage clients and help the construction professional get a project's vision presented quickly. In a nutshell, it is a GREAT consultative sales tool. The CAD and mood board features also allow us to share the vision with our team of subcontractors very early on in the process. All of the Pro tools work seamlessly with the Houzz web profile and you can't beat the pricing for all of these features, especially considering that Houzz pretty much owns the higher-end client base on the web.

If you keep in context what the tool (is) and what it (isn't) then, I don't think there are any cons.

Antwort von Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Kevin! We're glad to hear Houzz Pro has become the one-stop for all your needs!

Gustavo
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Pearl Remodeling

Bewertet am 14.5.2021

We think Houzz Pro is rapidly evolving and we believe it can beat the level of service that Yelp or other local listings have to offer.

Our company likes the analytical information, lead generation information, and the profile settings given to us. The information we receive is valuable such as addresses, phone numbers, project information, and metrics we can use to create strategies for our company.

Although we do receive valuable information, we wish it was easier to download it into a pdf or an excel document. Additionally, we wish the layout of the incoming leads was organized a different way so we can easily see information quickly or sort leads by month, project types, and etc.

We wish we could obtain emails of the leads we receive to build an email list. The ultimate dream would be for Houzz to connect to our CRM program Builder's Trend.

Antwort von Houzz

Hi, Gustavo, thanks for the detailed review and feedback! Houzz Pro itself has extensive CRM capabilities that meet a lot of the needs you're looking for! Your customer success manager can walk you through those capabilities, and we hope you'll agree they'll exceed your expectations.

Nicola
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Back end user interface needs work

Bewertet am 30.6.2023

The front end of Houzz looks professional and is great visually to showcase projects. I like that paying for services in Houzz Pro now enables short project videos to be created for projects. Overall, Houzz and Houzz Pro feel totally disconnected and like two totally different tools that don't actually "speak" to one another.

The visuals on Houzz are great. We only use Houzz Pro to support or company marketing.

We only use Houzz/Houzz Pro for marketing purposes and do not use it as a CRM, project management, estimating or take off tool. I do not like that the back end interface for setting up service areas and scope has to be changed manually and individually for each subscription (rather than apply changes to all service areas). Also, new projects default to the end of the projects list. They should default to newest first as dragging from the bottom of a list of 80 pages is time consuming. There are too many sub menus within each subscription. So, for example, in the public profile set up in Houzz, our scope of services is easy to manage and regularly updated, but it is not replicated in Houzz Pro subscriptions so you have to manually go in and update each one. Overall, there are just too many places to have to update the same information and be clear about what it being pulled from where in Houzz Pro for the public profile and for pro directory. We are yet to see results of paying for Houzz Pro.

Daniel

Efficient and Easy To Use

Bewertet am 26.2.2023

Overall it is a great software. It did have a bit of a learning curve which is to be expected when learning new software; however, that learning curb did take much to get past. Plus, having Negela our rep be easily reached and her responding quickly has certainly helped with the overall experience of this software.

I enjoy using communication tools. I also like that the software allows for the storage of documents in files that my clients can always have access to even when my office is closed. Creating proposals, estimates, and invoices is very simple as well.

What I like least about the software, is the messaging tab. When typing a message under the messaging tab, the typing lags. It will lag so much that I will sometimes have to sit and wait for the typing to catch up. I have found that when I send a message through the overview tab, I do not have this issue; however, when scrolling through what I've typed in the overview tab, the scroll forces my type to go above the message tab or below - I can never get the message box to center my typing. I am forced to type a portion of the message without seeing what I typed, then when I am finished, I have to manually scroll through and correct any mistakes that I made. I find it more efficient to correct as I go; however, it is hard to do so when the message box forces the scroll to go up or down.

Kaylee

The Most Unhelpful Account Managers We've Ever Experienced

Bewertet am 18.11.2020

Our account manager is incredibly unhelpful. They are unable to answer simple questions or provide documentation in writing. They demand we get onto a call for every simple issue and are incapable of doing the most basic work in a timely or efficient manner.

We occasionally get good leads through this software but even those are far and few between.

It is impossible to get a straight answer out of an account manager without being forced into a "quick call" that is a screen share of everything I can already access in our backend. They seem incapable of providing any real pricing structure or documentation of pricing and billing. It makes me wonder where my money is truly going that this is such a complicated process they don't have it readily available in writing.

Hi Kaylee-

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in regards to your experience and I truly apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

I understand that you have recently been in touch with your dedicated Client Success Manager and he was able to resolve your concerns.

If you still need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out to me directly at chloe.siegmann@houzz.com.

Chloe Siegmann
Senior Manager - Client Services

Linda
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 15.10.2022

Saves some time and is convenient for customers.

Saves some time and is convenient for customers.

Being able to keep all Leads and Projects in one place is helpful. Having the option for electronic signatures on Estimates makes giving the go ahead on projects much easier for the customer.

In our jurisdiction we have 2 taxes to collect. On Estimates, they can be entered on the line items but are combined when totaled. I have to go back and manually figure out the 2 subtotals as they have to be submitted separately to provincial and federal departments.
I have been having problems with the software- when I type into it it becomes scrambled nonsense. Tech support has been unable to resolve this (since March 2022). I have received multiple email that it is resolved "case closed" but it has never been fixed and at this point I have just given up on requesting a new case.

Shan

Excellent service and affordable

Bewertet am 19.8.2023

Cost vs Benefit, is a home run for our business.

Cost vs Benefit, is a home run for our business.

Client referral and estimating. Customer service is second to none.

More self help videos and tutorials would be great.

Adrienne

Houzz

Bewertet am 2.2.2021

The business problems that have been solved by Houzz have been making my business visible and boosting it with reviews, and the SEO of my website. In the past I have used individuals to manage my website and SEO at great expense and with minimal effect, and have tried to use a variety of ways to make my business visible. Houzz has taken care of all of this,

The most important feature on Houzz for me is the quality of their customer service reps. Over the years I have had several, some are more attentive than others. My current rep is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he is wonderful. He calls on a regular basis and always answers my questions in a timely manner. This is important because I sometimes get stuck on the technical aspects of Houzz. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always explains what is going on and how I should use the technology to boost my business. The other terrific aspect of Houzz is that it manages my website and SEO. This has been invaluable.

The hardest thing for me is that the technology sometimes gets ahead of me.