SolarWinds Service Desk

Matthew
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Samange - Cloud based Support Desk

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

Great software, have used this at two different firms now. Simple and easy with great reliability and reporting.

Samange is very quick to setup, customization's are easy and don't require programmers. The software has many editable fields that allow for quick reporting, SLA tracking, and user satisfaction.

The only limitation to Samange that I have seen is if you are working to resolve an item it is a one to one relationship. I would like to see the outbound emails tagged so that if a 3rd party is engaged and reply's via email it is auto captured in the system. Many to one responses are lacking.

Scott
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

Great Interface - Still Room for Improvement

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

We have reduced email congestion for our team and streamlined ticket requests for our media services department.

The interface is incredibly easy to use. You can very quickly assign and respond to jobs, and make sure there is no doubling up on jobs. The mobile app also works quite well compared to others I've seen.

The software is really tailored for an IT department, and the company has been unable/unwilling to broaden their focus.

Freshdesk, TeamSupport und Zendesk Suite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SolarWinds Service Desk

We thought the interface was the cleanest, easiest, and most responsive
Tim
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Cost per year better than most

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

Running this for 5 and a half years now at roughly 30k tickets per year currently. It's been largely stable, but of course a few bumps along the road. The biggest complaint I get is that there's no mobile app, or a limited use one at best. That said, the web UI on mobile is mostly friendly.

The pricing tier after the initial purchase is fair. Client UI is actually really great, unless you're a Client Admin on v.12.7.2. Reporting works, so long as you're ok with slightly off numbers.

Reporting doesn't report accurately compared to a custom query, which is odd. A two week report has one total, but running the weeks individually returns a different total, which is really weird. Unable to route tickets to a Tech Group based on Request Type, it's stuck to one group. This makes ticket flow a little difficult to work with.

Gianluca
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good Software

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

The ease of use, it's very easy and it is useful, fast and with no problems.

The interface is not so good but fair enough to understand

Zoho Desk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SolarWinds Service Desk

Because this is the most complete.
Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Wish it was my daily driver...

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

Overall I enjoyed using this a great deal and wish we could move over to this from our current helpdesk solution. The connection time for our current software is absurd, having an external program needed just to remote in is a joke, and Kaseya goes down very...VERY often. This seems like the bar is set pretty low for SolarWinds to succeed, but I'd like to give credit where it's due. Web-based solutions for programs is truly the future in my opinion and SolarWinds is right inline with that. You can basically do everything from the web browser which means less for us to set up or maintain (and doesn't bug you about program updates all the time). I mean it when I say I'd love to move to SolarWinds.

To give some background, we took on IT services for a smaller company that was getting absorbed by us. While a lot of the IT foundations laid down were pretty flimsy or problematic, one thing stuck out as very well done. They were using Solarwinds for I.T. support and it was definitely a sigh of relief amongst the other mismanagement from before.

Everything such as device enrollment was pretty simple, the feature set for online client management was well-stocked, and my favorite was the ability to remote in without needing an external program to do so. We currently use Kaseya and it's just hot garbage, I sincerely wish we could move over to Solarwinds for our main company's IT helpdesk tools.

While there is a lot to like about this, some of the UI felt a little "cramped" from time to time. The feature set was nice, but what I was looking for was sometimes a tiny little button on a small option bar. Perhaps some buttons or icons of size would help streamline things, as this can also make training others more difficult, since the task options are easy to miss.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn and use

Bewertet am 1.10.2022

Overall, Solarwinds has been a very easy to learn and use system, with a friendly user interface. It is a great starting point for users that do not have experience with information management systems.

The processes that are most used by my team are very easy to perform. Ticket creation is assisted by a very user friendly UI, and ticket management after tickets are created allow for tickets to reflect evolving issues.

Proper ticket management and the ability to provide a resolution at the time of creating the ticket without closing it are just a few quality of life improvements that I can see missing as a low-tier help desk member.

Erdem
  • Branche: Computerspiele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

My overall experience was great.

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

I was looking for a computer management software to help me manage my network and services and came across Solarwinds Service Desk. It offers an incredible amount of functionality, while maintaining a simplistic user interface. The product allows me to manage my network and services from a single place and provides a powerful group management capability, which is very user friendly. I was able to set up and customize different groups based on my own needs and preferences.

No problem, it was a great experience and I am very satisfied. I think I haven't had any complaints since the day I used it.

Kristin
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Task Management

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Overall an excellent tool for keeping up with projects! You get real-time notifications on all task updates.

I love that we can track time, open rates, add project and task users (for feedback) and attach files. This is an essential tool for my job.

Sometimes the task setup is confusing for submitting new tickets. There is a lot of setup needed in the backend that the average user won't know or see so that has to be handled by someone or taught.

Mayank
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Experience with MS Teams (Pending)

Bewertet am 15.10.2022

Overall experience is amazing & I am loving this application.

I am using this application since last 2 years & I found that real time alert triggering & Search feature is superb.
We can easily find any required data using this app if it is available in its database & if it is configured.

So far, I found no reason which I can share as a low-light for this app. Nothing which I can mention as a dwarback for this app.

Samuel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A comprehensive tool for daily IT Service Desk Management

Bewertet am 30.10.2022

The suite has multiple functionality for the handling, tracking, escalation and resolution of daily IT issues

Not all of the features are easily customizable.

Ronald
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great platform for asset management and trouble ticket

Bewertet am 23.3.2017

The pricing is based upon the number of users in our network that will be accessing the system, and the number of "Managers" running the system.

The salesman were very helpful in providing a great offer on the cost and have kept that pricing concept since we started.

As you are starting out with basically a "Blank Page" it can seem a little overwhelming at first setting everything up to get that final functional asset management and help desk system you envision. However, there are plenty of examples and their help & support is very responsive.

To me, this "Blank Page" is one of the positive aspects of the system. Basically, with some limitations, if I can imagine it, I can build it with what they have provided. This is true if you keep in mind what the original system was designed for in the first place. (The point here is simply: you would be surprised what kind of things people have asked the system to do... way beyond the scope of its design...)

It easily integrates with Active Directory (AD based on Windows 2003 is no longer supported as of this writing) and has a robust permissions setup, allowing you to allow and deny users any number of "Roles" that are pre-configured or that you create as needed.

The easy deployment of the agent combined with the cloud based setup allows the system to work well with users and machines working both in the corporate network, as well as outside of it in satellite offices.

The "Trouble Ticketing" interface can be customized and is easy to understand and navigate. Background elements include the ability to track tickets, warn administrators of tickets that have received no response, cluster common tickets to users and machines for trend and trouble tracking, and provides what I call "Live Response", where you can see who is looking at a specific ticket or item and see their notations instantly.

Probably the most impressive portion of the system is that part that most users will never see: The asset management system.

Once the agent has been installed and is communicating, the amount of information provided is overwhelming at first, and yet still organized and categorized. There is even a built in tool allowing the system to know when a computers warranty is up.

My reason for not giving 5 stars across the board:

The system sometimes has issues tracking software as the "Suite" it is licensed under. This is not necessarily and issue with this system as it is in how it is sold.

Flexibility

The "Sand Box" approach.

Support.

Cost effective

Printers are auto-populated, not based upon where the printer is installed from and shared from, but by every single shared instance of that printer. As a result, a single printer in an office of 200 users all sharing the same printer will show an inventory of 201 printers.

Software suites, like Autodesk "Building Design Suite Premium" are sold and licensed as a single unit, even though it is a collection of some 2 dozen programs and plugins. Samanage does not have the ability automatically, to track and manage this; it shows them as a bunch of separate programs. There is a way to cheat the system and make this work, but it is a manual step that requires a bit of work to setup and manage.

It's getting better, but the agents do not always refresh as quickly as I would like.

Scott
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great little ITSM

Bewertet am 7.11.2018

They have been a great partner to work with bending over backwards to accommodate us in our mergers and acquisitions as we consolidated tenants and imported and exported data. They listened to our feedback and incorporated some of our ideas into their final product as well. They are a company that will work with you to get the job done the way you need it done.

This is a great ITSM. We have been with them for many years and have watched them grow. They have a lot of the features of the big name systems but without the high cost. If you are looking for an ITSM that will get the job done here it is. While it does not have all the expanded features of some of the big systems it has asset management, change management, incident management and a service catalog which is all you really need to get started. Plus they have integrations with other platforms like slack for interating with your tickets. Overall a good choice for an ITSM

The only drawback would be that they are a young company and they do not have all of the in depth features of some of the big ITSM's like Servie-now and others. But then again do you really need all that complexity?

Todd

Strong service desk software with a lot of potential

Bewertet am 7.4.2016

Benefits:
1. Its easy to use and looks nice. Staff have required very little training, despite not having a centralized system.
2. Its pretty flexible. It's able to do about 90% of what we want it to do.
3. Support is active and engaged. Their community website has a lot of activity, both from others using the product as well as comments from Samanage's support.
4. Its actively developed. Recently Samanage unveiled their Labs feature, which allows areas to enable or disable new features to test out their functionality prior to implementation.
5. Reliability. Being a cloud service, you need it to be available and accessible. We've only had one minor outage during our time with Samange, and that was resolved quickly. They also provide great visibility into their uptime through a website, http://status.samanage.com

Problems:
1. Filtering. Filters for incidents need additional work to become more robust. Currently, each new filter type acts as an AND filter, while multiple of the same type of filter act as OR filters. In some cases, you can't achieve the type of filter required at all.
2. Reporting. While the built-in reporting looks nice and has some decent out-of-the-box reports, it's not at the level of sophistication most organizations really need to get their full value out of this product and the data it has. For instance, there is no query builder or ad-hoc reporting, so you're limited to what you see.
3. Groups and Roles. Groups are treated like individuals, so if you report on a group's incidents and one of the members in that group has an incident, you won't see it, which is challenging. Roles are pretty robust, but a person can only belong to one role. If you have exceptions for individuals, you basically need to create a special role for each one of those cases which won't scale for large organizations.
4. SLA's and automation. The current SLA implementation is restrictive and cumbersome. And that's pretty much the only way to provide any sort of automation to routing, closing, etc. for incidents.
5. Slow feature development. Samanage has done an excellent job of rolling out various features throughout the year. However, there are some long-standing feature requests that have been in development for years and executing on them has been slow.

While the above issues are a concern, I have faith they'll be addressed and result in a stronger product in the long run.

Jeremy

Samanage simplified and expanded the feature set of our current Incident Management System

Bewertet am 7.4.2016

Samanage helped simplify our incident management, expand our feature set and ultimately helped us increase the capabilities of our customer support and information management on the support side.

We were really impressed with the import capabilities and admin capabilities provided right out of the gate. We were also impressed with the flexibility of the licensing and the willingness to help package exactly what we needed for our solution. One feature we have greatly benefited from is the Contract Management which helps us track the different contracts we hold with customers.

The Service Requests have also helped guide users into providing information for their requests, making our job easier when trying to facilitate the requests and needing certain information to do so.

We were not impressed with the limited capabilities of the Solutions portion of the application and this carries over to the Help Desk Portal which has no current way of organizing Solutions based on the customer or "Site", category, or any such other filters. There is only the option of displaying the solution Internally, which is good because in that view, we can create filters to organize and make sense out of the hundreds of Solutions we have created. But, we really wanted to improve the self help capabilities of the help desk portal we are provided but with the current way Solutions are shown on the portal, we can not use this feature to show customers common solutions to their problems.

Overall, Samanage has been a great asset to our support team but we are hoping to see some improvements this year when it comes to permissions for viewing Solutions and also organizing solutions on the Help Desk Portal in a manner similar to how the Service Requests are displayed. I should note that since this is a SaaS solution, we instantly see improvements and features being added and the community.samanage.com site is very active.

Lastly, I want to praise Samanage's help desk and engineering team which has been spot on with their support and solution delivery. We have helped to find a number of bugs and problems throughout our use and usually we will see these problems resolved within a week or less which is incredible turn around time for fixing minor issues in a software solution if you look at other companies and traditional on premise software.

Omer
  • Branche: Baumaterial

Great Help Desk Solution

Bewertet am 23.3.2017

As a member of IT in a hearth company, it is very important that I serve my internal customers in a timely manner and resolve any issues that they are having and Samanage has helped me do that due to their helpdesk solution. It offers great customization in what information I see on the helpdesk page and and thus I am able to prioritize tasks according to severity. I also like the report statistics and able to view my performance over a period of time. This helps improve on service quality.

Samanage support is very helpful and give an extremely fast response and are always very courteous

Customizable and clutter free helpdesk
Customizable Reports
Outstanding Support
Supportive Community

I dont have any particular weakness in order. As I have used it throughout the years I have become appreciative of how the interface is designed. Its clutter free and lets me do my work

Eromonsele
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Great Service desk tool

Bewertet am 30.3.2022

Well, it was a good value for money.

It is easy to use and implement, manage and upgrade.

Well, customer service was not easy to reach

JIRA Service Management

Cost
Brian
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great to small to midsize companies

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

It's been good. There are times where I ask about something or inquire about a function and the response isn't the greatest

Being able to make it our own and implement company language(Categories, Incidents, Group Naming, Tasks)

Customer Support generally wants you to exhaust all means necessary in your own troubleshooting before they actually are of any help.

Danielle
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Product

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

The service desk has changed the IT department in a good way. We are not duplicating work (as much), we are held accountable for the things we are doing, and we are able to see if there are reoccurring issues withing the agency to know that it may be a bigger problem than one isolated incident.

That it allows for customization, and it keeps everyone on the team in the loop with how issues are handled. It also allows everyone on the team to see if another team member may need help with one of the issues that they are working on.

I haven't really found anything to complain about yet... every time there is an issue the customer service people are spot on to help resolve whatever I have found.

Jason
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product, easy to use for the tech and the client.

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

Our IT team has used SolarWinds Service Desk for over 5 years. When our Customer Success department started looking for a way to track their requests, we brought them on with us. Now both groups are using the system simultaneously without overlap.

The satisfaction surveys are great. The dashboard and reporting are very helpful. They give us a good picture of how we're doing and where we can improve.

Finding a closed ticket can be difficult. I wish there were better filters in the search functionality.

Eric
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to configure & use Help Desk & Asset Management tool for small to medium-sized business

Bewertet am 27.6.2018

In the three years we've used Samanage we've had just over 7,000 tickets, we've been able to add and remove administrators and task users as needs arise and jobs change. We use it for onboarding, offboarding, inventory & ticketing. Works great.

Works great in all browers, workflow setup was easy, inventory client collects a ton of data that we've used to target hardware and software upgrades.

The agent for inventory management had some weird numbering issues, but other than that, i have nothing bad to say about the software.

• Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Basic Software

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

SolarWinds allowed us to be more collaborative in our incident management solutions and do analysis on what issues we experienced most and allowed us to come up with solutions to prevent some things from becoming major issues.

The ease of use was the best part. It was easy to set up users, make bucket queues for sections and move tickets to other sections as needed. Some systems I've worked with you couldn't move tickets to other queues is they were misrouted.

Our module was super basic and support for it was nonexistent. It was one of the biggest reasons for us switching to JIRA for service desk/incident management.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

easy to use for incident tracking

Bewertet am 8.12.2018

we wanted a more user friendly and simpler approach for our internal users and IT staff and this was a great tool. Super easy to use in comparison to other similar software I have used

I used this at work mainly as a service desk tool for our internal users. I found this super easy to use, and manage my open incident tickets. I like the interface its fairly intuitive. I particularly like the customizable dashboard view and the colour coding of statuses so its easy to see which tickets are open or need urgent attention.

the costs of adding extra administrators so we were limited.

• Branche: Öl & Energie

Modern, Practical, Suitable, Low TCO

Bewertet am 29.12.2018

Our organization has downsized significantly in the past 3 years. Our former ITSM solution was costly to license and maintain. Without an in-house specialist, the help of a third party implementer was required to make significant changes or implement new modules. It was beginning to feel like overkill for us so it made sense to switch to something we can maintain ourselves and where cost is more in line with the size of our organization. We had to switch ITSM tools on very short notice. Thanks to a positive reference from a peer organization, we decided to evaluate Samanage before looking at anything else. The sales team was very helpful and quick to respond to all of our questions. Our trial environment was up and running in less than a day, and production ready with Incident Management.

Samanage was easy to evaluate and we were able to configure Incident Management and migrate our Knowledgebase in just under a day with next to no assistance from the Samanage team. We are pleased that we can now utilize our implementation hours to learn the more advanced automation features of Samanage.

The mobile app is nice but seems limited. There is a real opportunity here to expand its capabilites and flexibility.

Christian

The Best so far

Bewertet am 21.10.2020

I've been using different ticketing systems from my past employments and in my current company. This is the best so far, the interface is very user friendly.

Real-time, User Friendly. The social media vibe using the comment section and notification for communication makes it a lot easier to communicate and document the case.

Auto Refresh, it will help a lot. we are using 3rd party for the autorefresh. Yes, there's a notification that there's a new ticket but we still have to refresh in order to see it.

Robert
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

SolarWinds in a Medium-Sized Environment

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

Once the system was setup it provided very detailed information monitoring our network endpoints. The information is very useful.

The software has become costly for us and the more things you want to do you need to add modules that aren't cheap for a small school.