Tabs3

Bryan
Bryan

Tabs 3 is a great product for small to midsize law firms

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

Excellent experience. Great overall. No complaints. Great people to work with!

Excellent experience. Great overall. No complaints. Great people to work with!

Intuitive. Easy to learn. Great technical support based in the United States. U.S. based company that is not owned by one of the giant legal industry firms. A network of consultants who are passionate about the product. Well thought out and tested updates.

Can't think of many. Support becomes mandatory to use the software beginning in 2020, but you'll want to pay for support to get updates and the excellent tech support

MARY

Reliable and Convenient

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

We have used the product for over 30 years and are impressed with the continued updating to keep current with new technology. I am looking forward to one day being able to "dial" the client through VOIP integration already in the office.

The fact that this suite of programs interact with each other is wonderful. Everyone in the office can work in the programs simultaneously and have access to all information about any one of the clients. If one staff member enters information, notes, scans documents, enters time or costs for a client, every person will have access to that same information. This solves a lot of explaining to clients "I will ask her when she comes in if that document is ready" because the document is right there attached to their client information for all to see. Of course, you can limit by group which staff members can access what information depending on security of certain financial rights.

If you have more than one person writing checks, you must wait for the other person to finish before you can print your checks. There isn't a "stacking" policy in the payables program.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Time Tracker

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Tabs3

Overall integration
Steven

Stay Clear

Bewertet am 5.5.2023

Nice people on the phone. We have found a problem that keeps happening based on the need to use OUTLOOK when there is better software that will connect directly with Exchange

When it works it works well. But crases all the time

System crashes and they seem to be more concerned about upselling to the better system. Why would anyone spend more for the better system with a company that can't get the basic system to work

Amy

Bookkeeper

Wonderful

Wonderful

I use TABS3 Matter Manager to answer the lawyers questions regarding work in progress, has the client paid and if so when. I have automated so many reports, now all the staff have access to information they did not before.

I would like the ability to run a 1099 S as well as the 1099 MISC and NEC

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Amy, thank you for your comments. Tabs3's Matter Manager providing a "one-stop shop" of information and using report definitions to quickly generate accurate reports are both powerful tools the software provides. We're glad that you are enjoying them! I have made note of your request to generate 1099-S forms through the financials modules and have submitted it to our Development Team for consideration. If you have any additional suggestions, please submit them directly to our staff through wishlist@tabs3.com. Thanks again for your review!

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Tabs is EASY to learn and EASY to use!

Bewertet am 17.6.2019

AMAZING. I love this software. It's the best account billing software that I've used in the legal field so far. When cost codes are needed for certain accounts they are easy to use and the reports that can be generated are very detailed.

I love how easy Tabs is to use and just like the name, all you have to do is TAB through the entire invoice. It's very easy to navigate and when you need to make changes it's super easy. The new design layout that was just unveiled is great! There are some new much-needed features that were updated and that makes it even better.

I don't like the fact that once you create an invoice and save it if you realize you messed up and put it under the wrong account number, you can't just fix it and delete it yourself. You need to contact an administrator with permissions to have it deleted, but I understand that's just a safety precaution and nothing really negative about the software itself. Otherwise, I haven't found any additional negative things about Tabs.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your comments very much. If there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Michael

Best Billing Software for Sole Practitioner

Bewertet am 19.10.2023

I have had very few issues with the software ... and all were easily resolved by the support staff at TABS3.

The billing format is, by far, the best I have experienced. Once I started using TABS3, I never looked back. Very easy to use, and billing formats are fine.

I am very satisfied with the program. I highly recommend.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Michael, we are happy that you are so satisfied with our product. Thank you for the kind words!

M Louise

Excellent Program

Bewertet am 19.10.2023

TABS is a fully integrate, comprehensive program for operating a law office.

TABS is a fully integrate, comprehensive program for operating a law office.

It is fully integrated a totally comprehensive program that is truly easy to use!

I have not found TABS to be lacking and I have used in for more than 20 years.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Louise, the fact that you have been using our software for over 20 years is a testament to its flexibility and convenience for legal professionals. We appreciate your positive comments!

Lucas

Tabs3 + Practice Master

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

The software really helps manage my practice. The functionality is great, customization is great, and customer service is great. Thus, it has the capability of doing nearly everything we desire.
The organization is perhaps my favorite feature. That, along with the search function, means that I can find anything I'm looking for: documents, emails, journal entries, phone calls, etc.
Further, being able to deal with my timer and work saves a lot of time.

With a greatly customizable software comes a steep learning curve.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Lucas, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Love this software!

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

I've used Tabs3 for over two years at my present job, but have used it for over three years at a former job. It's the best. All of the modules integrate seamlessly with each other, and the technical support is fantastic.

There are no cons. The software is the best.

Highly recommended

Bewertet am 9.8.2018

I am currently in the process of updating all my systems and they have been amazing to work with. Everything I have asked for has been completed.

Although there is a learning curve, this software is able to do everything I need. The other Tabs systems all integrate seamlessly which allows for less time wasted.

There is a learning curve. It isn't an expensive system, so the cost shows in some of the functionality. There is way more offered than you actually use so it's not as user friendly as it could be.

Terre

Accounting and Billing Software

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

I have been using TABS3, TAS, APS and GLS for over 30 years and it is a very powerful program. My office has been using this software since 1989 and we have no intention of changing it. Everyone in our office enters their own time and it is very easy to train people to use the program. The software makes the accounting, bill paying and billing very easy to do. As they have updated the software they continue to add features that save time and therefore, money. My experience with this software has been very good.

This software is very comprehensive. We use the billing, trust accounting, accounts payable and general ledger modules of this software. They are very good about updating the software on a regular basis and listen to the users comments and requests for upgrades. I like that it integrates well with all of the modules of software. The trust accounting module is excellent and makes it really easy to comply with the bar associations regulations on lawyers' trust accounts. It prints a three way reconciliation that balances not only with the bank statement, but with the trust accounts as well.

In some ways, this software is so comprehensive and has so many features that it can be hard to understand all of the capabilities of the software or to find certain features. But if you think it can do something, it probably can. The Software Technology technical support people are incredible. They will stay on the phone with you for as long as it takes to learn a feature or figure out how to do something.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Terre, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Roger

Not very intuitive

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

Good customer support, but not thrilled with the confusing and convoluted processes to deal with transactions that should be simple.

It is quite complete, and certainly handles necessary accounting tasks for my practice.

Maybe many of the functions are intuitive for trained accountants, but just seem to be unnecessarily complex and unintuitive for the non-accountant. I miss having simple things like an account register where you can see all the current and future transactions and balances at a glance, like I was used to in Quickbooks. What had been some very quick entries of information and data in Quickbooks can become quite involved, confusing and time-consuming.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Roger, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! The General Ledger Report (from the top menu, Reports, then General Ledger Report) was designed to provide a breakdown of account activity by journal and may suit your needs. Also, there are training videos (from the top menu Help, then Training Videos) that provide a more detailed breakdown of the journal entry process, which may help speed up data entry. Lastly, if you have specific suggestions for how you would like to view or enter data, please email wishlist@tabs3.com and share your thoughts. Thanks again!

Jay C., Sr. Training Specialist

Peter

Great! But not perfect

Bewertet am 18.12.2020

Its robust billing system. Technical support is always great (+10 points for them).

There are a lot of annoying features that make it not very user friendly at times such as: Reminder for Backups and especially the Tabs3 verification Lists. those are the two main things I dislike about the software.

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE prioritize removing the verification lists popup from Tabs3.

I provided some further feedback about other requested features in a prior survey, and i have emailed them to the wishlist email. A follow up would be nice, or something just letting the client know hey we're actually taking a look at this, although we don't know if and when it is getting rolled out, or a hey this a great idea! our engineers are taking a look at it to try to implement soon.... Rather than an automated message.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Peter, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! There are some notifications for verification lists that can be turned off in the software--please reach out to Support for help on getting those removed! I will make sure your request for the others is forwarded. Thanks again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Dan

The best software suite for Law Firms

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

With all of their products integrated, as well as integration with third party products, it has reduced errors by reducing the number of points of data entry, particularly when one otherwise would have to enter data into multiple points. Not only does it save staff time, but it saves the lawyers time as well because there are less places to verify correct data entry.

The best part of this software is how in depth you can go to customize it, particularly PracticeMaster (the law practice management piece of software). However, what is really the icing on the cake is that you can keep it as simple as you want, making it easy to begin using on Day 1.

The deeper you go into customization, the more difficult it gets to 'program' it, so to speak. That said, they have knowledge base articles for nearly everything it seems, all of which do a good job walking you through what you want to do. And when that doesn't work, customer support has always been extremely helpful, prompt, and easy to work with.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Dan, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your input very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Patty

Class Action Law Firm

Bewertet am 19.7.2019

I really like the software because I can pull time and expenses quickly. I had another firm ask how come I can quickly get the information needed out of my system. I recommended this software to them and sent them your information.

It captures cost and fees in one easy to use program

The software does not allow the AP system to populate name and address from Tabs3 to issue client settlement checks. Class action firms represent many clients in the same case. When a case settles I have to print client name and address then type the same information into the AP program to issue checks.
Being a class action firm we do not bill clients for fees and cost. I need the capability to bill and track cost to individual partners in the firm who then pays for the cost. This billing needs to be on a percentage basis.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Patty, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, and for recommending us! We appreciate your input, and I'll forward your request for populating client information into APS to our product development team! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Cumbersome and Outdated

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

It is very difficult to navigate and hard to learn if you are not trained well, and especially if you do not have significant bookkeeping experience. Would not recommend this to anyone.

It does seem to have lots of features and capabilities. However, many of them are not easily found, or require too many steps to be efficient.

It is not at all intuitive. Instead of one platform/dashboard (as in a program like CosmoLex), there are multiple programs for different functions. Sometimes, to complete a single transaction you have to use two or even three of the programs. It's nearly impossible to find a comprehensive client report with a top-down view of the client's status. There seem to be lots of unnecessary steps added to very basic requests. The whole program has an outdated, unaesthetic appearance.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We've been working hard on adding features and streamlining the workflow between different programs over the last year or so. I'd definitely suggest taking a look at the new Tabs3 Matter Manager in Version 2020 for a comprehensive look at what's happened recently on a matter! Version 2020 has also added dashboards to all the modules for keeping up to date with what you need to do at a glance. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review--we hear you, and we hope that we can make Tabs3 a product you'd be happy to recommend. - Emily L., Software Trainer

Merle

TABS3 Software

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

We use all the modules of the TABS3 software. Because all the modules are integrated transaction data passes seamlessly between them eliminating any duplicate entry and ensuring all the firm's data is up to date, accurate and consistent across all business functions. Complete accurate business transaction data in turn allows the firm to make timely and productive business decisions.

The full integrated functionality. We use all the modules PM, TABS, APS, GLS and TAS. All of the modules work together and there are no interfaces that have have to be maintained or adjusted for with new releases of multiple products.

It s very feature rich and I am not sure we are using all of its capabilities to their full advantage but operating the business comes first.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Merle, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Maria
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't live without it!

Bewertet am 2.8.2019

We get numbers for profitability reports. Can run reports for daily cash receipts. Overall, we can get billing out quickly and have reports as needed.

So user friendly! Like that all modules are connected. It saves so much time - enter once and it's linked to other modules/reports. Reports can be set up for our specific needs.

That if a final statement is undone for corrections you cannot use the same statement number when printed again.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Maria, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much. When you have a moment, please call Technical Support--there is a process to be able to reuse a statement number after undoing it, they can give you the instructions to do so! Thanks again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Louis

Great Time and Billing Program

Bewertet am 31.7.2019

Ease of use. Excellent support. Very Fast database program.

Nothing to not like about this program. I think that it is a great value.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Louis, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback. If you do think of something you'd like to discuss, Support is always here to listen! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Brian

They require you to buy a huge suite of unnecessary software in order to use cloud based...

Bewertet am 19.9.2017

The billing system works well. We have used this program for more than ten years and have been happy with it. However, we now have all of our documents in the cloud, and therefore tried to convert to their cloud version. They won't allow you to do that unfortunately without also buying their management software, which is really of no use to us. It's too bad because we do like the program and would recommend it to someone who is not interested in having the convenience of mobile connectivity.

We are having leave because we cannot use the cloud billing without having to also buy a bunch of pork that we just don't want or need. They should allow you to just use the billing system online without forcing you to also buy their practice software.

Angela
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We've come a long way in two years

Bewertet am 3.7.2019

The largest problem we have been able to solve using Tabs3 is being able to apply our numerous client billing guidelines against all fee entries as they are being entered by the timekeepers into PracticeMaster.

I like the seamless integration and the cost.

The learning curve was much greater than expected. We had a week of onsite training after installation, and it was nowhere near enough. We ultimately had a weekly, sometimes daily, telephone conference with Tabs3 support and after four months of that, we finally had a good grasp on the terminology to be able to function within the program and make it work for us.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Angela, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate all the input we've gotten from you and Shana over the last couple of years. - Emily L., Software Trainer

Christina

TWF - Tabs3 Review

Bewertet am 12.11.2020

Very positive. Support is exceptional and I appreciate the account managers you provide. They are very experienced and patient.

Cross links between Tabs, Pm and Trust Accounting. Ease of use and understanding.

There is nothing I can think of at the moment.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Christina, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind words! We appreciate you and your feedback. Have a great day! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Too Complex to be Functionally Useful

Bewertet am 31.8.2018

This software really is a truly full-featured piece of software that allows users to do pretty much everything they need to do in practice.

Far too complex to be truly useful in a real-life setting. The learning curve for this software is weeks rather than hours, as it is for other legal billing software. With all the available settings and the complex way this software handles adding clients, matters, timekeepers and billing rates, it typically takes new users at least a week to gain even rudimentary skills to use the software--this is impractical is a real-world legal environment--employees need to be up to speed with billing capabilities within a few hours of beginning work, not a few weeks.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! For learning resources, there is a full library of training videos for Tabs3 at our website, viewable here: https://www.tabs3.com/trainingvideo/v19/t3video.html For firms on maintenance, Support is also available to answer any questions you or your users have from 8-5 Central time, Monday through Friday. Thank you again! - Emily L., Sr. Technical Support Representative

Sandi

Working with TABS is Easy

Bewertet am 21.2.2017

I have been working with TABS 3 for over 10 years including the Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Trust add on. I haven't used Practice Master yet, but hope to soon. The software is very easy to use and has a lot of flexibility. I rarely need technical support because of the stability of the product but when I do, the support is excellent. I would recommend these products to any small to medium sized law firm.

The flexibility in billing. Each of our attorneys like their statements a little different, and TABS is able to accommodate everyone.

I do not like the way Contacts integrates with the Client input. We have multiple matters under the same client each with a different billing person/address and sometimes this poses a problem.

Beverly

Featurers/Use/User Friendly

Bewertet am 2.2.2017

I feel that Tabs needs to progress with more user friendly. Non-accounting employees have difficulty...

However, I do have an accounting background and would like more features regarding the following: Reports that have easy ability to exclude, categories and or/timekeepers. For example; the choice should all but.... WIP reports need to have an option to not include credit balances. A/R reports should have the option to exclude credit balances. The export to excel should be more like (in appearance) Quickbooks export to excel. Seems really old school. Need more customization. Trust accounting- needs a transfer payment to other account, needs editing like Tabs3 has and more reports cash receipts etc.

Time entry is great.

Reports and export of information