Xero

Mohammad
  • Branche: Computer-Software

TOP Software mit ganze Funktionen und Futures

Bewertet am 25.4.2023

Ich habe alle Funktionen, die ich für die Finanz und Buchhaltung gefunden habe. Der software läuft schnell ohne ProblemeEinfach zu nutzen

von meiner seite habe ich keine Nachteile herausgefunden habe.

Quratulain

Best in Multi-currency accounting for SMB

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

Xero was the best choice back in 2015 (when no one gave multi-currency) and still is in 2021 (when there are some who do).

I have now added another company to Xero and cannot imagine shifting to another platform....ever.

With most clients abroads, we find its best to bill them in their local currency. Luckily for us, Xero is there to help sort our books out and keep them in order. It integrates with many bank feeds & popular wallets/fintechs like PayPal, Payoneer & TransferWise so accounts are upto date - always.

Another feature we really use is their tracking fields. Xero allows users to setup 2 tracking fields that can be added to invoices, expenses, bills and assigned to each line. This helps us keep track of project based work and has been our way since before Xero ventured into Project based accounting (that users need to pay additional fee for)

It also integrates with online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, GoCardless, and a few others; thus payments are a breeze for clients.

As a non-accountant, Xero is easy to use even when you get into all the features it provides.

They have made some changes to their UI esp where invoices and expenses are concerned. Luckily for older users, expenses are still free however, for new users it isnt and each person filing expenses on it needs to pay a small fee. I think it should be free for a small number of users (atleast 2) and then charged.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Freshbooks didnt give Multi-currency and it was causing problems with reporting

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

There was no multi-currency in Quickbooks available. Bank feeds were also not there for some of the banks I wanted. For a similar price point Xero offered better features and a product that was easier to use for a non-accountant.
Ra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Xero is the ideal accounting solution for small businesses - easy, comprehensive and integrated...

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

Overall, my experience with Xero has been extremely positive. I found the transition to the platform smooth and straightforward. The intuitive user interface allowed me to get started with the software quickly without the need for extensive training. I’m now able to easily manage invoices, payments, and track expenses. The integrations with banks and payment apps enabled me to automate financial processes. The reporting and dashboards helped me make better decisions to grow my business. I'm very happy with choosing Xero as my accounting solution, and would recommend any startup to consider it.

What I liked most about Xero was its user-friendly interface. The dashboard is simple and streamlined, allowing me and my accounting team to use the software smoothly even without extensive accounting background. I also enjoy the mobile access on phones and tablets, enabling me to manage accounting tasks anywhere. Additionally, the seamless integration with other banking and invoicing apps is great. Overall, Xero is easy to use and helpful for handling the day-to-day accounting of my business.

What I liked least about Xero was the limited custom reporting options. While Xero provides many standard financial reports, the ability to customize reports or create more complex accounting reports is restricted. So sometimes I need to export data to Excel to build custom reports. It also lacks advanced support for inventory or manufacturing accounting. But overall, Xero covers my needs as a small business for now, and I expect the platform will continue improving over time.

ian
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Pretty good, but in the end, more complicated than needed for two person practice

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

largely positive, but when they got rid of payroll, given my business of 2 employee/owner s-corp in a medical practice, with no retail/inventory, it made things a ton easier to just do my accounting in Excel. It was really the payroll that made this a no brainer for me.

I loved the usability of this software. It was super easy to set up relatively sophisticated accounting with no accounting background. I thought the bank reconciliation was dynamite, and while they still had it, I loved the payroll. When I would eventually get triaged to tech support, the person was so patient, and so helpful it was really great, and they never seemed to mind spending a long time helping to fix some oddball problems that I'd made. Oh yes, loved it that they did the quarterly tax filings for me, but that also went away with the payroll

One thing about this accounting software - when you have a question their first response is to tell you to have your accountant look at it. I was using this software as a replacement for an accountant, in order to save money, so that advice didn't help much. When you do a google for help, you run into a problem: Xero seems to be doing accounting software for all the english speaking countries,e.g. new zealand, australia, UK, USA and canada. each of these countries has different business formations/corporations, different taxation rules, etc, as well as meaningfully different accounting vernacular. I would end up mnost of the time getting somewhere only to realize I'd pulled up the UK instructions to solve a problem.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

good recommendation from another provider who had a similar size busness. Was SUPER easy to set up, and the account reconciliation was a godsend.
Allen
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Xero - A Solid Accounting Package

Bewertet am 30.5.2023

With Xero we wanted an application to simplify and host our bookkeeping and accounting functions in an easy but reliable program. A program that had all of the necessary features and functionality for a full enterprise accounting system, o date Xero has met our expectations.

We have found the implementation and integration of Xero into our business, processes and workflow to be pretty seamless. The standard reporting package is useful and custom queries / analysis is pretty straight forward. We also really like the cloud based access that allows remote access almost anywhere.

Overall we don't have many Cons, but to make Xero better we'd like to see......Integration with a broader range of transitional apps would be great. Apps that track things like mileage travelled, POS (sales, credits, refunds) activity, pull invoices from regular suppliers / vendors (such as utilities).

• Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

basics are great - but a lot of complication

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

Reporting is super useful, very segmentable. Integrations pull through data from credit cards etc with ease and give a live picture of financial health.

Limit of 2 bespoke integrations, a lot of complication that is useful for accountants but not user friendly.

Became Ltd company
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

money and employees management is easier with xero

Bewertet am 17.8.2023

I 100% recommend Xero to both established and small companies because ever since we began to this system it has operated efficiently to assigned duties and there errors to worry about.

I like mostly payroll management as it simplifys the calculation of employees hours, paying employees, withholding taxes among others.The sus is easy to use and has good user interface.

The most thing I hate is data transfer since it requires the use of external storage unit to move data. This is because it only operates on one computer.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good for my small business

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

I needed some way to keep track of things other than an excel spreadsheet. It does that and I've made it through years of taxes with little trouble.

It was cheaper and less confusing than the other systems I looked at. I'm not very knowledgeable with accounting terms but I was able to look up what I needed.

The ability to "dumb" it down even more than they do might be helpful in cases like mine.

• Branche: Computer-Software

A useful accounting tool for Start-Up Businesses

Bewertet am 3.8.2023

It is user friendly, easy to learn and covers the business essentials well.

I personally don't use the Reporting functionality as I dont hink it hits the right marks.

Mark
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Xero to Hero

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

I used Xero for accounting. Everything is fine. It shows me accounting data paperless. This is very good. It makes financial management child's play. It is invaluable in helping you make informed decisions about the financial health of your business. Invoicing, expense tracking and even reconciliations are effortless. Plus, with Xero, my accountant and I can collaborate seamlessly.

It surprises me that I cannot upload statements from Amazon directly to XERO. To do this, I have to edit the statements over and over again.

• Branche: Bau
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Aziz service

Bewertet am 3.9.2023

the monitoring of orders from certain operators and I am no longer wrong in the balance sheet

data security has a significant impact on the application and it is easy to use

Cant use anymore with my phone and Need toi Ask every time a code toi log in

Daniel

Great online software for SMEs

Bewertet am 23.9.2022

It has been great software that helped many business to grow with up to date, online financial information.

Xero has been one of the first solutions for cloud bookkeeping and accounting and has successfully competed with the likes of Sage and QuickBooks. It has probably the most other software providers that link directly with Xero over APIs.

Over the years there were some features that were requested and it took a long time for them to be implemented, also more and more features are additional paid for addons.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Clients were unhappy with existing software.

Sage 50cloud Accounting und Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

It has the most connections with other apps, links with workpapers among other things.
Chris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A leading software in it's industry

Bewertet am 10.8.2020

A beautiful piece of software that turns a once tedious chore, into an easy and intuitive process. I always recommend my clients to use Xero (if they can afford to) as I believe it makes the workflow much smoother and simpler for everyone involved.

As an accountant and bookkeeping business owner I have been using accounting software for well over 10 years. I have to say when Xero entered the market I was definitely curious as to what it could bring to the market. I believe Xero have captured a very nice niche of the industry with it's very business orientated user interface and simplisitic feel. It makes accounting somewhat fun for the business owner. The way that they have revolutionized the way the bank reconciliation is performed makes it easier for buiness owner and accountant/bookkeeper to work together. I love the comments functionality and the rules that can be set to repeating transactions. The AI in the bank reconciliation also has a very nice balance to it. It will allocate your transactions when you need it to, but not too aggressively - meaning you don't have to undo all the automatic allocations (unlike some other software like MYOB).

They also have a lot of resources to help business owners and financial professionals. In addition they make continual updates to their software to adapt to the times.

I think the biggest con of the software is the price tag. Many of my clients have found this to be a stumbling block, saying that the monthly subscription fee is too high for their business.

Other than the price, the only other con is the support is only via email (this is the last time I had an issue which was a few months ago). They do not have a support contact phone line (in Australia at least) - so response has to be via email (which may lead onto a call later if it cannot be resolved by email). Which takes longer to resolve the issues.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Functionality was much better and robust in Xero than in MYOB.

MYOB Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

As mentioned above, I prefer the functionality.
Craig
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I can't wait for it to be finished!

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

It's a lot of money to get setup with a certified consultant. Very few consultants available in Canada. When we did find one she was great but she bills you for every second she works. As in not any free advice. My lawyer is easier to work with.

As a former quickbooks user of about 20 years, it was a big deal to switch platforms. At first glance it looked like it would do everything we wanted. I loved the price point, the interface and relative ease of use. The multi currency was great as was the ability to integrate with Stripe. You make a lot of compromises to save on the huge monthly cost of quickbooks but there are workarounds.

There are so many things that are just common/must have's for any business. Things like progressive billing, job costing and even the ability to make your own journal entries are missing. We had to hire a consultant and spend around $800 just to get it to add purchases easier to the mix with HubDoc. You see job costing catagories at the invoice level but not software or 3rd party app to back it up. The single most annoying thing about it is the support. It's non existent. You complain, They tell you its not a problem and ignore your requests. I struggle daily with the search function. I can't get about 50% of my searches to work. The clients I'm looking for are entered. I'm typing them in fine but you often have to visit contacts menu and find them manually by quote number or just never ending scrolling. Upon complaining numerous times the best they can do is say "it might take up to two weeks for your contacts to sync. " Xero: It's 2020 and the dark ages of cloud software have passed. You need to fix the search function and add job costing to be considered a contender. So here we are in 2020, manually adding each of our sales to a spreadsheet and adding the subsequent bills to it to see if we made $. They make it incredibly hard to contact support and they are quite unresponsive when they do reply to your ticket. They try really hard to push you to support forums, where there are literally hundreds of complaints on the same issue with the ability to comment closed.

Monika

Xero for Business

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

I am happy, can be connected with my clients all the time, can prepare reports anywhere, anytime. I think the price for South Africa is a bit high

I like the product is easy to use, no need high knowledge of accounting, the person who never was doing accounting can easily manage this product

there is still missing a few things as inventory shall be a bit changed as people with two inventories in different places can not have two storages, there are few things that missing and can make it easier to work with

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

the cloud, it is an advantage to be cloud due to my work I am travelling a lot and if client need help can do it on the move

Pastel

more user friendly I think
Andrew
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Xero makes finance so easy

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

Since starting with Xero over six years ago, we couldn't be happier. We've centralised all our financial activity into one platform, which is great for non-finance people like myself!

Xero makes managing the finances for a business really straightforward. The user interface is intuitive and it centralises all my accounts information.

One of my favourite features is the the dashboard, which is clear and customisable, and gives a great summary of the position position at any time.

The software also integrates really well to other platforms for things like receipt capture and detailed business analysis.

I'm really happy with how it performs, however, our bookkeeper still does some levels of manual reporting, which he finds easier in Excel, than in Xero. The integration of BA tools does negate this issue.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

It wasn't SaaS at the time and was only able to be understood and used by our bookkeeper.

MYOB Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

At the time the product looked to have better features and functionality, and the user experience was excellent.
Judah

Solid platform

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

AccountingSuite und Wave Accounting

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping solution for small business owners!

Bewertet am 1.11.2020

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping and accounting software solution for startups and small business owners. It is indeed a good match for business owners who know nothing about accounting in order to keep their books and to properly manage their finances.

From my own experience, I found that Xero is very user-friendly and its accounting interface is streamlined, almost seamless, and uncluttered. The Demo Company is very useful as you can manipulate data without worrying about messing up vital information in your practice company.

Xero’s accounting dashboard shows the snapshot of your business (i.e., bank balances and reconciling items, outstanding invoices, and bills, accounts on the watchlist, etc.) and fully customizable depending on your needs.

Quickbooks had been the leader of accounting software for small businesses for quite some time but Xero is becoming more popular because of its competitive offering and value proposition. Xero’s starting plan is very affordable and you have the option to add-on some features depending on your need. It also offers a basic inventory and fixed asset management functionality in all of its plans, which is very cool! And the best thing about Xero is the unlimited users allowed to access the financial information.

- Affordable and cost less for startups and small businesses
- Includes fixed assets and inventory management in all of its plans
- Very user-friendly especially during migration or conversion of data
- Allows unlimited users
- Friendly 24/7 customer support

- Some countries lack a built-in payroll option.
- Customized reporting options are still limited. I wish Xero can allow you to create your own report.
- The contact list of customers and suppliers is mixed together and needs to set-up manually to organize.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Excel and spreadsheets for bookkeeping and accounting become very hard to maintain over time and can be time-consuming. Additionally, it is also prone to errors and data corruption. Therefore, it is not sustainable especially if you are growing your business.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

Xero is more commonly used by my target market: New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Powerful Accounting Software that Enables Anyone to Effectively Manage Their Accounts

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

Overall, Xero was a truly powerful software that took the dread of dealing with accounting and reconciliation and made it rather straightforward. The accounting process can effectively be handled by any person, which is rather refreshing. As an attorney, I'm not an accountant. So having something else to learn and utilize while already extremely busy would be a major inconvenience. However, Xero took what would have been a terrible experience and made it manageable.

Xero is a pretty straightforward product that is effectively almost immediately deployable. Xero's dashboard is not bulky or overwhelming like a significant number of other accounting software tends to be. Xero's help manuals and tutorials were also very useful and are great for helping users quickly refamiliarize themselves with the software. Xero worked well for my law firm for IOLTA (Lawyer Trust Account) reconciliation purposes. With the software linked to your desired account, you can easily reconcile all incoming and outgoing payments and expenses on a given account. Once set up, you literally can log in right after making a purchase to reconcile your accounts without having to fumble through old receipts later to try to remember specific actions that were taken on behalf of a client.

The only con that I personally experienced with Xero was that I routinely was required to relink and subsequently "resync" my banking account with Xero. Admittedly, this may have been a banking issue and not necessarily a Xero issue. However, when the relinking had to happen, this created a significant amount of issues because I was forced to relink the account, reimport expenses and incoming sums and then ensure that all the amounts had actually synced appropriately from my physical bank account to the Xero software.

Rino
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Xero - The Cloud Based Software of the future

Bewertet am 24.6.2022

Fantastic product with fantastic support and really meaningful input from the actual company staff

Xero's main benefit to us as a mid tier accounting firm is the ease of importing information. It supports multiple bank feeds on a reliable basis and its open API allows for the support of many add in apps

Being a non-technical software, it does sometimes give the impression of not being as robust in terms of ease of change of prior information. This can be overcome by locking down periods, one just has to remember to do this though.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

The capital development expenditure and size of Xero simply mean that it is outpacing other software in terms of speed of development, effectively future-proofing our practice.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

The main factors were cost and engagement with the Xero South Africa team
Jenny
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Helpful, user friendly and intuitive accounts software

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

I was reluctant to pay the extra costs to move to Xero from my previous cheaper package but I am more than happy that I finally made the switch. It is a fraction of the cost of having a book-keeper to pay and I feel so much more confident that my accounts are working correctly. The option of additional plugins aid the automation for syncing with software such as woocommerce and amazon, ebay etc. It is a shame that they are additional costs but I would prefer that I had the option to integrate than not, and they are great time savers, which is the biggest help for small business owners.

Xero has a lot of automated features that make the process of accounts preparation easy and reliable. The bank feeds work smoothly and it is easy to set up rules to make the process automated on regular transactions - just a click to confirm entry. I have been able to integrate woocommerce, amazon and ebay transactions to ensure I am correctly treating VAT and International orders and purchases correctly.

As with any new accountancy software, there is a bit of technical detail to get your head around but that is probably to be expected. There are good help articles that are useful for the set up phase.

Sage 50cloud Accounting und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

I wanted a greater degree of confidence that my accounts were correct when dealing with complex transactions such as International sales etc. This was especially important due to changes with Brexit etc. I was also keen to be able to automate where possible to save time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

I felt it had been fully designed within the digital age in mind from the outset.
Xy
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Great accounting software

Bewertet am 11.4.2022

Our previous accounting software could not be integrated with our e-commerce and inventory management software, so we had to do manual bookkeeping. Xero integrates well so all entries are automatically synced. It's really easy to use and most accountants are familiar with the system. Most importantly the system works well.

- Easy to use
- Good integration with our inventory management software (used to be TradeGecko and now Dear)
- Integration with bank accounts
- Many accountants familiar with the software
- Easy to generate reports (Aged receivables, payables, financial reports like P&L, balance sheet, etc.)
- Different users can have different levels of access (e.g. access to bills and invoices but no access to bank details)
- Not glitchy

- Not able to generate batch payment file for our bank (OCBC)
- Slightly more pricey than Quickbooks
- No Cashflow Statement - Indirect Method as a report

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Integration with e-commerce and inventory management software
John
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Concerns with Xero

Bewertet am 10.4.2018

We've been using Xero for about two years now. There have been a few hiccups along the way but for the most part things have been ok. Recently however, we've had a problem with our bank feed uploading into Xero in order to reconcile transactions. We first encountered this issue on 2/10/18. We informed Xero and they said they would look into the issue. A couple of weeks went by without hearing anything about the feed working as it should. We contacted them again and they said they were still working on the issue but that we could manually download the transactions ourselves in the meantime. Today is 4/10/18 (2 months later) and they still have not fixed the issue. We are still having to manually download these transactions ourselves in order to reconcile our bank accounts within the Xero software.

I spoke with Xero this morning and they still do not have a timeline for when this will be fixed. They said they use an outside company to perform the importing of bank feeds functions and that they are not responsible for it not working. They said when we signed up for the Xero service we were informed about the possibility of the feed possibly cutting out at some point in the fine print (terms & conditions). They refuse to issue any sort of refund for their monthly service during this time of inconvenience because they say the bank feed import function is a free service offered by a third party.

The problem we have is that Xero is marketing this service as part of their overall monthly service package which you assume is really included in your monthly service fee you pay to them. When it doesn't work they take no accountability for it not working. We think it's very deceptive for them to market a service (bank import functionality) to prospective buyers, which you assume is included with your monthly service fee, but then take no responsibility for it not working when things breakdown. We believe they do this to gain a competitive advantage over other companies like Quickbooks. Instead of just charging for the bank import service which would increase their monthly service fee and make them less competitive on a price basis with their competition they artfully setup their service to be able to offer a more competitive price but not assume any of the responsibility when the service doesn't work as expected. The general consumer doesn't think to put this deceptive tactic together when they sign up for the service and Xero assumes once they have you onboard you'll deal with the issue until they can get it fixed because switching accounting software companies at a later date is extremely inconvenient.

The service accomplishes most of what it was intended to do albiet at a bit of a learning curve for the new user.

There is no customer service support number to call. Bank feeds do not work properly. IOS app is mising some functionaility

Great, intuitive and easy to use bookkeeping software, lacking for accountants, NO customer...

Bewertet am 4.4.2018

It is so easy to use but support has to come from Accountants who are not customer service or techies and who are not adequately compensated for their efforts. It is enjoyable to use and definitely does the basics very well.

For bookkeeping, small and medium-sized businesses this software is a dream. It is the most intuitive and easiest to use of all the accounting software that we reviewed. As an accountant, it is easy to fix user errors and mis-postings. There is a proper audit trail and safety checks built in. There are so many time-saving features like find and recode, repeating bills/invoices/journals, bank rules. The move toward AI is exciting too.

The reports aren't GAP or IAS compliant so it is no good for reporting, final accounts production or tax. To get accountants interested and recommending Xero in the early days, they promised accountants that Final Accounts Production and Corporation Tax software was in their development queue but it never materialised and they burnt a lot of bridges with accountants when they announced that they had dropped FAP plans. This is why Quickbooks are getting such a big foothold and stealing market share from Xero.

The software is expensive for what it is and you can get a lot more and better for your money with FreeAgent and QuickBooks.

The biggest let down for Xero is that there is no telephone support, at all. Not even call back. You have to email and if you are on the opposite side of the world from New Zealand, it can take a full day to get an inital response and if there is any misunderstanding or info required, it can take days to get your problem resolved. This is really useless and a deal breaker for serious businesses.

Another major failing in Xero is the number of times that the Bank Feed just doesn't work. This is outwith Xero's control and so it can often take months to resolve. This is amateur and best and negligent at worst.

William
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best at what it does

Bewertet am 29.8.2016

Full Disclosure: I am an accountant and I recommend Xero to many of my clients. When the expectations are in alignment with the capabilities of the software, then everyone is happy. People get into trouble with ANY software when they jump in thinking they know what it does and are then disappointed. All accounting and ERP software has limitations and Xero is no exception, but what it does, it does well. It provides payables, receivables, bank reconciliation and general ledger as its core functionality. There is a very capable estimating/quoting/order/ process that ties into AR invoices smoothly. But, the requisition/purchase/inventory side is very, very basic. In fact there are no requisitions and the purchase orders are so limited that I recommend you not use them. The inventory is only what is needed to make the sales side functional. So, if you need strong inventory support, you have to use a third-party add-on designed just for this purpose.

What is good about Xero are 1) Real-time bank feeds and bank reconciliation - this is what scared the pants off of Intuit and forced them to develop new functionality. 2) Xero fully embraces and enables third-party developers to provide niche solutions that have rich interaction with Xero. 3) The features keep getting better and better quarter after quarter. 4) Perhaps my relationship as a partner skews this, but I've had nothing but excellent support from Xero. I can call someone if I have to, but I almost always get issues resolved through technical support in a timely fashion.

Some of my favorite add-ons for Xero are GeoOp for field services, Deputy which integrates its scheduling, time and attendance functions with Xero payroll, and Float which projects cashflow. The new reporting and the tags are fantastic.

There are some features I would like to see "sooner," but they are on the roadmap for "later." People jump on Xero because of the price without having a Xero consultant evaluate their suitability for the application - that can create an expectation gap, and that inevitably leads to an unhappy customer. I just hate it when people let their wallet do their thinking for them and then blame the software because it "doesn't do enough."

The payroll is fine. I spoke to the VP in charge of payroll development and he is all about improving the functionality, so it will continue to improve. What is there now is very well designed to be comprehensive and flexible, but there are situations where a third-party payroll like Gusto will make more sense for your organization. They are the first ones to suggest you look at solutions like Gusto, ADP, Paychex and others that integrate seamlessly with Xero.

It is annoying that the tags are limited to two categories, and this won't be revised until they have their design for job costing completed. No word yet on when that will be.