LearnDash Erfahrungen

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Bewertet am 8.10.2021

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features
1. Drag and drop course builder
7. Discussion forums
8. Course points
9. Leaderboard
10. Assignments
We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

David
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Excellent product - terrible support

Bewertet am 8.8.2020

The Good :
+ Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported
+...

The Good :
+ Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses
+ Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate
+ Mobile responsive (with our theme)

The Bad:
- Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc)
- GravityForms integration virtually useless
- Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role
- Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process.

The Ugly
- HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

Aimee
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

User Experience is Dated, Not worth time investment

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

I spent about 20 hours installing this plug-in and trying to set it up in WordPress before I stopped and decided to go with Teachable, which is another LMS platform. I was paying $30 a month for LearnDash but it’s not at all worth $30 a month. The support was poor and the user experience felt like the plug-in itself hadn’t been updated in a very long time. If I was using it for free I would’ve thought it would’ve been worth it, but to pay monthly for it is not worth the amount of time and energy that it took me to set up basic functions .

The reason I purchased the software was because it integrated with WordPress. I had already built my courses on WordPress and I wanted to add additional features like tracking my students and providing a central hub where all my students courses would be available and providing them with a progress bar to help them have a more visual way to progress through their courses.

This is really not a software it’s a WordPress plug-in. I use multiple word plus plug-ins that are excellent. This WordPress plug-in is not worth the money. The amount of work that requires you to do just to get your course set up is enormous. I already had my courses fully developed and it was not easy to install the plug-in and have the features that they promised.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

I originally chose LearnDash because it was a plug-in for WordPress. I thought that would allow me to do less work and keep the word press courses that are already set up. I ended up choosing teachable in the end because my experience trying to set up LearnDash showed me that it was nowhere comparable to the functionality of Teachable which was the same exact price .
Ashley
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Very helpful and solved an issue which saved me a lot of time and stress

Bewertet am 19.2.2021

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

I really enjoy building my online courses and course portfolio - it is very enjoable and user friendly process to use.

Nothing, it has allowed me to create a great course platform

Thinkific

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

The ability to host courses on my own website and value
Lynn
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Good Online Course Plugin for WordPress

Bewertet am 2.12.2021

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

This plugin was relatively easy to use and setup and works well with WPML.

It requires an additional plugin to be able to copy or clone courses, lessons, and topics.

christina
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Love the support

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

Untill now I am satisfied

Untill now I am satisfied

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference.

I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Andrea
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

A great tool!

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

Moodle und Thinkific

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

General reviews, the Black Friday offer and a friend who already used it who talked to me about it
Breda
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very good LMS software

Bewertet am 11.8.2020

Corporate elearning, seems good for online courses, easy to integrate video, quizzes etc.

The Learndash is user friendly once you get to grips with the structure of courses, lessons and topics. If you are familiar with wordpress you'll find adding content easy.

There is a learning curve when you start out, I would like if there was a membership built in rather than having to get a separate plugin.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

Seemed to have a nicer interface for setting it up.
Frederique
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

An excellent platform to add your own courses into your own website

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

Design and communication courses, helping entrepreneurs to learn how to grow your business (through a better communication approach)

Simple, easy to use, very well documentated

none, really don't know, found every thing I need

Warum LearnDash gewählt wurde

Want to host my own courses

Zuvor genutzte Software

Podia

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

Hosting, dealing all as I want, owing my courses
Vaughan
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Clean install and easy to use

Bewertet am 27.6.2022

Had a problem with my license install and they fixed in within a couple hours. I was impressed with the speed of response.

It has lots of features/add-ons available, there was a live demo that you could test and view before purchase, no issues with conflicting plug-ins on the demo, lots of video documentation to show you how to use the software.

I'm still just learning how to use it but it could have nicer templates maybe out of the gate for a quicker course start.

Jay

Learndash is a great LMS

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

I use Learndash for all my LMS websites. Learndash offers a great amount of features that allow me to customize the website to my clients and my needs.

The features and functionality of the Learndash is outstanding.

The learning curve is a little steep but once you start to figure things out it becomes easier.

Warum LearnDash gewählt wurde

Ease of use and functionality.

Zuvor genutzte Software

The cost and features
Ederson
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Excellent platform for online course

Bewertet am 7.5.2022

Overall, LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms I've seen.

It has all the options...

Overall, LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms I've seen.

It has all the options that an academy, university, institute, school may need to give their Online courses.

I don't think there is another more complete option to give online courses.

If you need to create a website that allow you to teach people, then LearnDash is the best solution. I found LearnDash and liked how it had all the features that I needed in order to make this happen. The support team was always there to help me figure out anything I didn't understand, which is why they are so valuable.

It's one of the best and most affordable online learning platforms I have ever come across. I am able to create courses, upload videos, assign quizzes, and keep track of the progress in a single dashboard.

Something very important about this platform is that it allows students to learn at their own pace.

What LearnDash needs to improve is its design of the courses, the part that the student sees, in my case I have to use other templates to improve the visualization.

Something that I don't know because they haven't implemented is an APP to be able to take the courses from the cell phone.

Warum LearnDash gewählt wurde

LearnDash is more complete than LearnPress.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

Because LearnDash is more complete.
Surya
Surya
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Best LMS for WordPress!

Bewertet am 12.5.2022

My favorite feature is that I can self-host LearnDash on my website, which allows me to use my own URL and save money. It also allows me to select whatever theme builder to use with it, giving me complete control over how my landing and other associated pages appear with no scripting.

Lessons and courses can be easily created and managed using LearnDash. The best aspect is that it can be completely integrated with the current WordPress site. They also have nice documentation to help you through it. You may even customize them with your preferred page builder, such as Elementor.

Enrolling several students in a course is difficult, and I have yet to discover a LearnDash plugin that does it properly. Some areas might be difficult to customize the way you desire.

Mike

Membership and Course Management

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

Generally speaking, the documentation is excellent, the customer support has been very positive and helpful, and it's been a good experience.

Honestly, after banging my head against a wall trying desperately to Frankenstein other options together, I finally broke down and bought LearnDash and wish I had done so sooner. It solved a LOT of stressful issues oof how to create courses online, membership management, and the whole process of putting a system in place that works and doing so in a fairly straightforward way.

I absolutely hate WordPress. Every time I fix one issue, the solution causes two more. I spend more time building my site and working on it than I do actually creating content. So my only complaint about this software is that I have to use it on Wordpress.

Roisin Anne
Roisin Anne
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great LMS tool with even better support!

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

LearnDash LMS plug-in was a no-brainer for us. I had actually used it as an end user personally and when my company were looking at investing in an LMS tool, I inspected the code of the tool I had used previously and found out that it was LearnDash. It was an easy sell to decision makers as I had such a great experience from an end user point of view. Since using LearnDash as an admin it has been pretty plain sailing.

It's easy for non-web dev users to be able to create content and for some of the more tricky parts of the implementation, the LearnDash support team have been excellent. So responsive and always willing to help out. If I could give the support team 20 out 10 I would!

I think when I began using LearnDash, it wasn't too feature-heavy and there were definitely some things missing that would have been nice. However, 1.5 years down the line the team are rolling out features regularly and making their product more feature-rich.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

LearnDash has nearly made my career

Bewertet am 26.3.2021

LearnDash has been so useful in my "day job" that I've leveraged my course design into a "side hustle". I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

I looked at other options, explored Moodle extensively. All our sites are built in WordPress, so I had a fair bit of familiarity - so when I discovered LearnDash, I was excited to try it. This is the exact plugin I needed to solve my compliance and training problems. They keep upgrading its core functionality, I've found other plugins to extend its features, and their support team is very helpful when I make stupid mistakes.

One would really benefit from a solid understanding of WordPress to make the best use of LearnDash.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

WordPress integration and ease of use.
Rick
Rick

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

Bewertet am 12.3.2019

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research.

For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously.

But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however.

The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy.

But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support.

Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

LocallyHost.com LearnDash Review

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

Relatively easy integration and administration especially being used with Buddyboss.

Gamification to quizzes and progress tracking - This addresses the main motivation and needs for us to consider an LMS

The limited licences pricing structure - Learndash LMS licences structure does not include an option for unlimited website licenses. This would have been a wonderful value for us.

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy

Bewertet am 13.11.2019

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

Elliott
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

This is my recommended LMS for my customers

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

The fact I recommend this LMS says it all—a great product and add-ons. Don't hesitate if you are researching/deciding on an LMS for WordPress.

LearnDash is my go-to choice of LMS for my WordPress customers. One customer in particular had a complex set of requirements, of which LearnDash was able to deliver. With some customisation and add-ons, we have a fantastic LMS solution. Even out of the box, for simpler solutions this product rocks.

The LearnDash support team are amazing, especially Shalom, who has been incredible support. Support teams make or break a product after sales.

Once you understand the Groups/Users assignment hierarchy ( especially for UI shortcodes ) you are rolling. That element took some head-scratching, but, with great support ( see above ) it's all clear.

Georgia
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Create Online Learning Hub with Ease

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

My experience with LearnDash plugin and with LearnDash the company has been fantastic. My client is thrilled and I am very happy that I can now include this as an option to other clients in the future. It is a powerful LMS for independents and organizations alike.

Support is always key for me - even if I never need it and even presale the support team was responsive and helpful. After that comes an intuitive interface and they score high here as well. I also used an extensive online library of video lessons any time I wanted to fill in my personal knowledge base. Also, with the inclusion of a partner like Elementor I was able to deliver a workspace to the client that is reflective of their core website.

We ended up creating this as a subdomain to the parent site and that worked well for us. The addition of Elementor to their pool of available tools is fairly recent and the documentation is slim from both parties. I hope that this improves and that there is a greater ability to customize even more in the future. Also, I wish the documentation was better for user login, especially when you have incorporated WooCommerce.

Margi
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Outstanding customer support

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

I'm not the developer of my site but I do make all of the changes, etc. So when my students were purchasing classes but the classes weren't getting onto their dashboard immediately - I contacted LearnDash and they helped immediately. What a relief!

Because the developer I used was the one to implement the software, I wish I could say more here. However, I don't have anything to share here because I use it to load classes etc. but that is all. And customer service helps me when I need it. I also realize I need to learn more to take care of a few issues but I don't feel that is a LearnDash concern.

Ted

Good Quality, Reasonable Price, Excellent Support

Bewertet am 16.1.2021

Easy for students to use. Overall experience, quite good.

The tech support people are extra...

Easy for students to use. Overall experience, quite good.

The tech support people are extra helpful, very patient and super supportive. I don't often need their help, but when I do, I've usually got a serious problem and I really really need help! They rescue you without judgement! :-) By far the best people I've dealt with in ANY company.

Tech support on weekends would be great.

Easy to use (comparatively speaking) for course developers and students and 100% reliable. Has to be 100% reliable.

A typical software, a bit too complicated - but I guess that is software!

Bello
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

The best Learning management system plugin for WordPress

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

When it Comes to WordPress lms plugin, Learndash is the best. The interface is very easy to understand both for authors and students, it is having many features compared to other plugins thus saving Space and money you dont need to buy and install extra plugins and it integrates well with third party plugins or Platforms

Eventhough Learndash is an excellent plugin, their customer support is not hundred percent active. At Times i have to open a ticket and wait several days before having a solution

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT.

Bewertet am 20.3.2019

The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API.

The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box.

I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options.

I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users.

I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.