Later

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Unflexibel

Bewertet am 20.2.2022

Das Planen war immer erfolgreich. Sonst kann ich nichts dazu sagen.

Es gab Funktionen, die für uns nützlich waren. Jedoch wurden diese eingestellt. Setidem haben wir fast 1 Jahr den Plan bezahlt, ohne ihn zu nutzen. Der Support war da leider auch keine große Hilfe

Lawrence
Lawrence
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for social media management

Bewertet am 11.8.2022

I've used Later almost daily to schedule and manage my organization's social media presence. It is a very useful tool with many great features that is available for a price I haven't seen offered by any competitors. It is extremely detailed in its support for Instagram and Tik Tok as well (especially when scheduling stories), so if you're primarily using those platforms, you're sure to find Later to be extremely helpful.

It was extremely easy to schedule posts on several different accounts and manage media assets. Instagram analytics were also helpful in growing the company's following. It offers a lot of useful features for a relatively low price.

It could certainly use more detailed analytics for platforms other than Instagram and TikTok. I also wish there was a way to duplicate/clone posts. When managing pictures and images, it does not store the original file, and when editing pictures for different platform, there is no way to save custom settings.

Sprout Social, Semrush und Hootsuite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Later

Amazing value for what it offers.
Darien
Darien
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Well designed Social Media Management platform with a fatal flaw

Bewertet am 21.1.2020

Overall, Later was an incredible platform that offers some incredible features at a price point that cannot be beat - serving as the primary social media management platform for our team for well over a year. However, due to a lack of customer support surrounding a key feature consistently breaking, we were forced to give up on Later and move to competing products.

Later is an incredibly well-designed platform that offers the best user-interface and planning features I've encountered across social media management platforms. Setting up Later with our Instagram & Facebook accounts was a breeze, as was configuring the platform to fit my specific needs with custom post-schedules, and their visual planner (offering week views, monthly views & even a profile view) - all available at their free tiered platform. Pay a couple bucks a month, and you get access to even more features - such as suggested posting times (truly an incredible feature), video posting, instagram story posting, and team management options (such as Contributors) that are truly unbeatable at the price Later offers them.

While Later's platform was absolutely stunning & incredibly user-friendly, my issue with Later stemmed from the continued issue of Later failing to post scheduled Instagram posts. I will say, I haven't used Later since late 2018 (so this issue may have been resolved); but I was continually dealing with this issue for over 6 months - with a scheduled post failing to post, the Later platform marking the post as "failed to post", and Later refusing to notify me of the failure - despite their fallback feature of notifying the user via the app when a post fails to get posted.

With this issue I contacted support, but got given the run-around "Instagram's API" was down (seems to have happened a lot while I was with Later and never when I switched to another platform), so I begrudgingly made the decision to switch to a more expensive & less featured platform that would auto-post to instagram.

As I mentioned previously however, this issue may have been resolved in the past 1.5 years since I used the platform.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Later

Originally chose Later over Buffer for the features available and the easier user-interface
Meredith
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Not Bad, But Not Efficient

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Overall, it was good to start out with (much better than Hootsuite), but the issues we ran into created a greater need for a tool that allowed us to be more efficient with our social media scheduling and posting.

I loved this tool when we first got it because of the interface. The calendar view in which you're able to schedule your social posts by dragging and dropping them on your desired dates was very helpful and allowed me to quickly schedule posts for my clients. It's also pretty user friendly in that it's intuitive and it feels like you know where to click and what to do in order to get from A to B when scheduling your social media posts.

We ended up moving away from Later for a few reasons. First, we spent so much time resizing and adjusting image sizes to fit the specifications that Later required. It got to the point where we were spending hours doing this and it took away from the time we were able to spend doing impactful work for our clients. Second, some posts had horrible, pixelated image quality that we would have to catch while reviewing already published social posts in order to delete and repost. Lastly, we needed to ability to post to more platforms that Later had integrations with. I'm not sure whether it's been added since we left, but there wasn't a connection with Google My Business at that time.

Thierry
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Quite expensive tool, but works fine

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

I used Later nicely for years, until they decided to change existing plans and raise the price dramatically. Due to that, I started to search for alternatives, and I've found out that these days, you can archive more than 90 percent of the same things directly with Meta (FaceBook and Instagram), but for free !Also, the analytics looks great at first to see what is working or not, but again, the same tools are available in Facebook or Instagram directly now. So I'm not sure that I'll continue to work with Later for long still...

It was very useful to create and schedule post on FB and Instagram accounts.Analytics use to be good too.

Being a user for years, they suddenly raised their price drastically, for way less options that I had before.I understand that you can adjust prices according to the market, but changing completely the plans and options of an existing customer is clearly not nice. I have lost confidence with this product since then.

Hootsuite

Warum Later gewählt wurde

Buffer was more limited with the post and analytics tools.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Monique
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best scheduler for instagram and twitter posts

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

I have to batch create content. I work for a photographer and I do one post a day for him. Later has helped grow the following by scheduling posts at good times of day to get a lot of engagement and it offers hashtag suggestions too. the best solution for a social media content creator.

I love how easy it is on Later either via browser or mobile app to simply upload your media and drag it into a day and write the post. it's easy to add a link in bio. you can also see the best times to post, and put the posts in that slot. it has been helpful to batch create weeks worth of posts at a time.

sometimes later "loses connection" with the social profiles for no reason and you need to reconnect and every now and then, the reconnect fails.

Haley
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great 3rd Party Scheduling App Option

Bewertet am 14.5.2022

Very user-friendly and has great insights and tools. I prefer this over HootSuite and other competitors. I also have loved the option of posting automatically or manually and the app on a mobile device is easy to use.

I loved the suggested hashtag feature, saves so much time when posting to Instagram! It's also a very easy-to-use software for scheduling feed posts and stories.

The price for multiple accounts is what has moved me to Facebook Business Suite. With a real estate company, we have multiple agents with social media, and it's too much of a cost when there's a free option for multiple accounts.

Ricky
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Easiest Social Media Scheduler There Is

Bewertet am 28.1.2020

Overall Later is my go to software for automating and scheduling post for my social media campaigns and personal brand.

What I like most about this software is it’s visual planner for Instagram feeds which allows you visually organize your posts before they are published as opposed to other tools that don’t allow you to see how a group of automated posts will look on your brands page. Another Instagram feature that I like the most is it’s newest add-on which allows you to create and automate Instagram stories from within the software itself.

What I like least about this software is it lack of features for other social media platforms like Facebook compared to its multitude of features for Instagram.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Later

I chose Later over Buffer because overall it was an easier program to understand and navigate while offering features that I was specifically seeking such as it it’s visual Instagram post planner.
John
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great social media management platform!

Bewertet am 9.2.2022

I love that we are able to connect with both our Facebook and Instagram profiles and schedule content from one platform. Before finding Later, I was signing into two social media accounts and creating the same content on both. This software allows me to create one post that is sent to multiple channels, all from one interface. This eliminates having to login to multiple account and also eliminates the potential of get lost in the endless news and image feeds!

I wish they offered a desktop app instead of needing to be in a web browser. This is a minor inconvenience, but would be a huge plus if they added this as a feature.

Karel
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Really useful app to autopublish on social media

Bewertet am 3.11.2021

This app is really usefull. Its really easy to manage. You will save lot of time with this app and you will be able to post more frequently with that.

Easy to use even the first time
The functionnality to preview your feed is really helpful on instagram
The freemium version is already enough if you only have one account to manage.
One of my Instagram account is exclusively manage with this freemium saas

Not easy to manage the carrousels in the freemium app. Every time i have to planned one i have difficulties.
Except that, I'm fully satisfied

• Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It serves a purpose, but I have no loyalty to it.

Bewertet am 24.9.2021

It scheduled the post. It gave me analytics. It didn't allow me to schedule images as nicely as Planoly.

Their link in bio and that I can schedule posts from different platforms.

I didn't think it was special enough. I found Facebook Business suite did the same job for free.

Betsy
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good option for social media scheduling

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

It has been good to use, and helpful for being consistent in posting to social media. I'm limited in the free option, but understand that.

I liked the option to integrate scheduling for multiple different social media channels into one scheduling tool.

I didn't want to pay for the monthly subscription -- I already have too many software subscriptions to keep track of.

X Pro und Hootsuite

Warum Later gewählt wurde

pricing, convenience, and ability to post to all the channels I use

Zuvor genutzte Software

X Pro und Hootsuite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Later

It worked better for my needs and allowed integration with the social media channels I wanted.
Diana
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

It's great for casual users. It's terrible if you manage more than a few accounts.

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

Terrible.

Terrible.

Easy to use and easy to stay organized.

​Customer service is terrible. The platform is full of bugs - had to report them every other week. After sending them several emails reporting the bugs, I suggested an improvement to the app (a fix to posting time - every time you edit a future post, the posting time automatically sets to current time which is very annoying because most of the time I want to move it a few days/hours/minutes, but then I forget when I originally scheduled it, so I have to cancel and to check original post time to go back again and edit it - I suggested not to move the time to current time because there's a button to post "NOW" so the time automatically moving to current was very annoying) They just brushed me off and told me to go write that suggestion on a forum and "let the people decide" if it was worth the fix. I mean I already report your bugs every other week, don't ask me to take more of my time to go to a different forum to suggest it. It was a legit improvement. I'm not even going to go and explain the countless of emails I have to send to upgrade my account because apparently, you can only do it the SECOND you are ready not even a day before, but the SECOND you are ready. So, I did so (after already a few emails telling them I would need it in a few days) well, they take a day and a half (I'm still waiting) to upgrade, while I have a deadline tomorrow. But they couldn't upgrade the account when I asked a few days ago.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

can help businesses

Bewertet am 22.4.2023

Offers a variety of content creation tools, such as image editing and hashtag suggestions, that can help improve the quality and reach of social media content and integrates with a variety of third-party tools, such as Canva and Dropbox, which can help streamline content creation and sharing workflows

May not offer as many advanced scheduling and automation features as some other social media management platforms on the market and may experience occasional bugs or glitches that can impact post scheduling and publishing.

Katie
  • Branche: Sport
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Simple but useful content planner

Bewertet am 1.11.2022

It is a very simple, yet effective tool. I am sure there are other social planners with better features and analytics, however, for posting conveniently across multiple platforms, this is an affordable solution.

It allows me to post across multiple platforms at once, or schedule across multiple platforms for a future time.It has functions for auto hashtags and ensures the correct size of image depending on the media platform.Creating captions is more functional than some of the actual social sites.

The images do not connect straight to my iphone library, so I have to go through and upload them into a gallery first which is a small, but unecessary step.I still have to edit individual posts to ensure the correct character count, and that links are relevant and workIt would be better to suggest the best times for posting based on audience engagement and to give more analytics for posts.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Later

Affordability and the size of our company
Rachel
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The only way I'll plan my Instagram feed!

Bewertet am 17.5.2017

:: Super easy to manage Instagram feed planning
:: Seamless switch from mobile app to web...

:: Super easy to manage Instagram feed planning
:: Seamless switch from mobile app to web interface
:: I can plan in advance how I want my Instagram feed to look
:: Beautifully designed interface
:: Packed full of extra features I didn't think to use

Note: I only / mainly use Later for Instagram feed planning, but you can use it for more social networks now too!

I absolutely love the whole experience of using Later, from start to finish. I've tried other tools and have ended up circling back to Later every single time. Working with Later is seamless from the app on my iPhone to the web interface. It makes it really easy to plan my Instagram feed, and I know I'm not even using it to the absolute max it could be! I feel like I've just scratched the surface and know there's so much more I could be using this tool for. :)

I find it a lot harder to plan my feed from the app on my phone - it's not quite as intuitive as I feel that it could be. That said, I prefer to do most of the planning from the web interface anyway and use the phone app for reminders to post, and to also add more media to my Later media library.

Carol
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Useful features not found in most other tools

Bewertet am 28.6.2022

If I could only pick one social media scheduling tool, I'd pick Later due to some of the unique feature sets as I have mentioned above. However because it is definitely pricier than other tools out there (especially if you need to post a lot or add teammates), it won't be the best fit for everyone out there.

There's a lot I like about Later, but two features make it stand out from the competition. One of it is being able to choose the thumbnail I want displayed for a video. A lot of tools do not have this feature, but if they do, they ask you to upload a separate image for the thumbnail. Later, however, allows you to choose from within the video which cuts down a step for me in my content creation process. Another feature that makes Later probably one of the best tools for social media is the ability to use User Generated Content (UGC) for your own posts right inside of tool. You can save posts that others have made by searching through hashtags or posts that you've been mentioned in. You can then use these saved posts to schedule them for your own feed. This is an extremely useful feature that only Later seems to have.

What I like least about Later is of course the pricing. It is more expensive compared to some other tools out there and omit some useful features from their lower tier plans while other tools include them in their lower priced plans.

Samantha

Must Have for Instagram Publishing

Bewertet am 20.7.2021

It's been great and overall very helpful and beneficial for us.

It's been great and overall very helpful and beneficial for us.

The main reason I use Later for Instagram publishing (we use another publishing tool for our other social sites) is for the ability to easily use the linkin.bio feature right as you make the post. It's so convenient for us so that our followers are able to easily find the topic or article we are posting about.

We use the free version since we are only publishing to one account, so this may be available to the paid users, but I do wish we could publish short videos from here or add the linkin.bio to videos (after the fact).

Simon
Simon
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The OG social media management tool

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

Later is by far the most reliable social media scheduler we have ever used. We had it running for years before making a switch to a competing scheduler, but for any organization that is just starting out or has fewer accounts, this is by far the best option out there. From the calendar view to seamless posting on various platforms at the users most active time, make it a valuable investment for anyone who is serious about their social media game.

The number of scheduled posts per month was too low for us to continue using Later for large scale organizations.

Ellen
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very useful software for organising and planning social media.

Bewertet am 8.8.2022

Later has helped me with our social media profiles, helped my time management and it has helped grow our social media presence by increasing our reach and growing our follower across our platforms. There are also a good series of online training videos which I have found helpful.

Being able to plan and automate our social posts in advance saves me a lot of time and ensures a consistent approach to our socials, which has grown our reach and following.

Previously you couldn't post multiple images to a post, but it has been updated so you can now do that. We use the basic paid tier so there are limitations, you can't put links into posts on any platform or tag other profiles which is a shame.

Hootsuite
Morgan
  • Branche: Maritime Wirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love Later!

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

My experience with Later has been great!

My experience with Later has been great!

There are so many things that I love about Later! I love how easy it is to schedule posts and change the time and day if something changes. I also love how it tells me best times to post. Another one of my favorite things is the Preview tad that lets me see what my Instagram page looks like and would like with my scheduled posts. It's very helpful because every once in a while I notice two days in a row are too similar.

My least favorite things about Later are not really things that they can control, they are more limitations of Instagram, such as not being able to auto-publish multi-photo posts and stories.

Christine
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Later

Bewertet am 7.7.2022

Love being able to schedule out social media posts across platforms as well as the hashtag suggestion feature!

Pretty annoying to constantly have to relink my social media accounts, also wish I could cue an Instagram carousel

Sara
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Invaluable for Social Media Managers

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

I manage a lot of social media for companies and this allows me to set up, implement, and schedule lots of posts quickly and easily without having to miss a time to stop what I am doing and post something (specifically to Instagram). My workflow is so much better for this app.

The visual calendar is my absolute favorite feature of Later. I can easily visually layout my weeks and months' worth of posts visually without having to make a calendar or rely just on dates. I also love the image filter so you can see what images are unused.

There isn't much I dislike about Later that is specifically a software issue. I realize that there are some integrations with Instagram that just aren't viable and that isn't Later's fault but just the nature of the beast.

Bruce
Bruce
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

To Be Strongly Considered Business Instagram App/Service

Bewertet am 8.1.2019

Using Later.com allows me to "batch" work around creating IG posts. It provides easy to use tools to store and edit photos, create captions, and calendar future posts. The analytics available to a business through Later enable us to refine our posts and has led to a sustained increase in our posts' engagement. The company consistently provides articles and media content that keeps users abreast of Instagram changes and suggests strategies to improve results. Over the past year of use, Later has improved the product and the usefulness of the service to our business on a monthly basis.

It is designed to create, schedule, and publish Instagram content

Strong, analytic feedback, available on business plans

Excellent and growing library of training videos and articles to enhance business through the use of Instagram

Chat support is emailed based and sometimes there can be two day delays in receiving a response