Affinity Designer

Sortieren nach

Sahar

Affinity Designer / Photo & Publisher

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

Perfekt für Professionelle Grafik Designer / im Bereich Corporate Design ( Logo / Magazine etc..) / Künstler / Photografen / Illustratoren

Diese App gehört dir nach dem Kauf, also kein Abo!
Sie hat mehr zu bieten als die Adobe Programme von der Schnelligkeit des Arbeitsflows und Effizienz!
Unter Mac OS X ist es möglich zwischen den verschieden Apps zu Switchen, genial - es spart enorm viel Zeit und die Dateien müssen nicht jedes Mal neu in das jeweilige Programm importiert werden.
Es ist sehr einfach die Programme zu lernen/ intuitiv und übersichtliche Darstellung.

5 Sterne für diese Programme ich bin ausnahmslos begeistert !

Es gibt keine Nachteile der Programme von Affinity es wäre nur schön wenn es in Zukunft eine automatische Vektorisierung von Bitmap Dateien geben würde! Dafür muss ich im Moment ein anderes Programm nutzen.

Melissa
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Illustrator Alternative

Bewertet am 10.10.2022

When Adobe switched to subscription service I was very frustrated as I don't use Illustrator often enough to make it worth the cost...but I do occasionally need a full featured design program. I searched through many options, but finally settled on Affinity. It has been a great replacement and the one time purchase is a perfect solution for our company. If they had a replacement for Lightroom, I would be able to leave Adobe behind completely!

Affinity designer has all the priority features I look for in a design program. I hate switching to new software, but I found Affinity to be a fairly easy transition from Illustrator. Occasionally I can't find a tool I wanted in the spot I assumed it should be, but a quick search solves that problem. I love the way the tool bar is laid out and found all the main tools I wanted were easy to access. This is now my go to design program and I love that it is not a subscription based software.

While some designers fault Affinity for not having certain features I found that all of the vital features I needed are included.

Martin
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Affinity Designer - a great, cost-efficient alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

Everyday I use Affinity Designer to create social media artwork for my charity project. I used Affinity Designer each day to import clip-art from my Alibre Design Expert CAD software to create engineering and sales presentations. I have used Affinity Designer to import, edit PDF's and then output new PDFs. This software is a fantastic, low-cost, high-value tool that everyone should have in their toolbox.

For many years I worked with the Adobe Suite tools, including Illustrator. Each year I had paid over $600 to rent these tools in a subscription. One day I discovered Affinity Designer. I put it through all the tests of art design functions I normally used Illustrator for. I was absolutely blown away that I could literally do everything I once did in Illustrator. The best part is, not only the price of Affinity Designer 1/12 that of Adobe Illustrator subscription, but I actually own Affinity Designer. I love this software. In fact, I went back and purchased all of their art tool lines: Affinity Photo, Publisher, and art-tool add-ons. I own all of these Affinity art tools at a fraction of the cost of one Adobe Suite subscription.

I have no negative comments about Affinity Designer.

Simon

Not fit for purpose

Bewertet am 23.1.2019

Not really a finished app

I have been trying to integrate Affinity Designer into a professional workflow for a number of years now but I've come to the conclusion that it's just too painful and there is nothing to indicate that this will improve.

Back when I first purchased this app the developers were promising a roadmap of future improvements which would bring it closer to some of the industry-standard vector apps out there. It's been two years now and not a single thing on that list has been implemented. The few updates which have come down the line have focused on things like the app icon.

The developers have moved on to other projects, and it seems to me that for all intents and purposes, development on this software has been abandoned. I wouldn't wish to speculate if this software will even be supported in a few years.

So we're left with an app which lacks some of the most fundamental vector editing tools. With the exception of skew, vectors cannot be distorted in any way (including perspective) and it even lacks a knife tool. These are tools which are actually provided by many free editors.

Furthermore, many tools are very poorly implemented. Convert to curves produces hilariously unusable results and things like Offset Path simply don't exist. The developers themselves are notoriously unresponsive to please for further development.

Since going cross-platform there have been many reports of Designer's instability and since the implementation of Apples Metal API

It's cheap, although it still remains less powerful that some free apps

Development seems to have ground to a halt on this app. Investing time and energy learning could be a waste of time as it may not be around in the future.

Richard
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A powerful tool for all levels...

Bewertet am 28.10.2022

It's been stress-free. If ever I get stuck trying to do something I just search for video tutorials and there's always something to help you on your way. I've never had to contact support and to be honest, I don't even think I've had to upgrade more than once, and If I have it was a free upgrade. Affinity is really a great provider and suite of tools. Like I said I used to be all Adobe, but now I haven't looked back. Best workflow decision I've ever made.

An easy-to-use layout design tool that is capable of absolutely everything I need to do. I've been in the creative industry for over 30 years and Affinity Designer can handle everything I'm throwing at it from logo design and layout to full-blown artwork, and art collections I'm developing. It integrates well with the Affinity family of products (obviously). Essentially it's easy, fast, full-featured, and straightforward to get started. I used to use Illustrator (a little) but now I use Affinity and have never looked back. The transition took me minutes rather than hours. It's very intuitive.

I haven't hit any limitations with the software yet. I always generally feel the things we don't like about the software is that we've mainly not learned how to use particular features or combinations yet, so really it's on us to work it out and innovate. Sure in any software there can be occasional bugs. But I haven't come across any yet, or anything particularly frustrating about the workflow, tool, or system as a whole.

Adobe Illustrator und Keynote

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Affinity Designer offered the same (as far as I could tell) tools and features as Illustrator at the same price for a lifetime as a couple of months as the cost of the Adobe solution. I did wonder for a while, given the nature of my work at the time was becoming less 'accurate' and 'precise' whether I could get a long using Keynote as a hack. But no I decided to invest with Affinity and make the change. It was easy, efficient, and the right decision.
Pinar

My Preferred App For Vector Drawing

Bewertet am 11.11.2022

Even though it has some restrictions, I love using Affinity Designer and use it instead of Illustrator about 90% of the time. I switch back to Illustrator only when I have something I can't achieve with Affinity Designer. But the app gets updates pretty regularly so I'm hoping that it will only get better and better with each update.

The interface felt so easy to handle, uncluttered, and user-friendly after Illustrator. Even though Affinity Designer lacked some features that Illustrator has, it became my favorite drawing app very quickly and is still after using it for more than a year daily.

I'm hoping that Affinity will introduce an image trace feature soon. This feature is not only important for tracing images (which I don't really do) but also for using some custom vector brushes. For example, I bought some lovely watercolor vector brushes for Affinity Designer from a website just to realize that what I draw with them in Affinity Designer doesn't become a real vector image. When I tried the Illustrator version of the same brushes in Illustrator, I could get true vector drawings. Then I realized how important image tracing actually is.

Kevin
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Affinity Designer -small price great functionality

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

It has been easy to switch and the functionality is virtually the same in a slicker cheaper package

I love the value point, its got a ton of functionality and two sister programs for less than two months Adobe cloud

There's very little, sure it doesn't have animation but that's used rarely and I use rive for that but I create the assets in Affinity

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Cost was the biggest factor coupled with virtually the same functionality

cost and functionality
Sascha
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A great alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

I switched to affinity designer from Adobe Illustrator. I would occasionally use AI to do vector work for graphic design or logotype, but the subscription was barely paying for itself. Switching to Affinity Designer allowed me to stop worrying about the financial side of my software, and it proved itself a very capable alternative to AI. Turns out I also much prefer it's UI as well.

Nowadays it's main use is to make SVG shapes to import to Blender and Alibre CAD, though I still use it for occasional vector graphic design as well. It meets my needs and then some. I'm very happy with it.

Great application, 10/10

Affordable Perpetual License Plan
Very strong feature set, comparable to Adobe Illustrator
Intuitive and easy to use UI, in my opinion less confusing than Illustrators UI
Decent .AI and .PSD import (If saved with compatibility checkbox)

Lack of vector tracing plugin (I used Inkscape as an alternative here)

Ismaël Huberson
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Affinity Designer

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

The best vector graphics software.

Affinity Designer is a vector graphics software that allows you to do retouching, illustration and drawing. It is a great tool for designers and is compatible with most operating systems. The Affinity Designer software is easy to use with its intuitive tools and easy navigation. It is a great software for creating artwork for business, creating marketing materials, designing logos and more.

It's a nice software to use, suitable for beginners as well as for professionals.

Kumar
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Professional Graphic Designs Generation Platform.

Bewertet am 23.10.2022

Extremely the best tool for graphic 3D designs and the production of clean and understable 2D drawings through Affinity Designer is incredible.

The creation and final designs through Affinity Designer tools are very productive and the performance is excellent which helps me save project time.Data import is quick and designs management through Affinity Designer is good and easy on managing my project workflow.

Affinity Designer creates great looking materials, but getting started was challenging though no much time was wasted.

Mark
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Affinity Designer is a No-Brainer

Bewertet am 23.11.2022

Great product for the pricd

Affinity makes it easy to design in vector graphics! It is very affordable.

Overall there isnt much wrong with Affinity Designer

Deborah

Versatility and Easy to Learn

Bewertet am 1.7.2022

Time saving: - Repetitive tasks:
There are some intuitive features I'm learning about, while I was creating a template for printable stickers, I discovered after one 'duplicate' was dragged under the last, the next one would go to the space under that one (with just using the duplicate again). Saving time as I learn more and more.

This is the easiest to learn in graphic design software. I like that I can edit parts of a design and link or embed the update. I have created book covers (for print), e-book templates, and recently a sticker series (convention logo sticker items for event items). It has helped me save time (revising templates instead of building from scratch with each one), and I was able to create exactly what the client wanted.

I've also created marketing graphics for social and launches of books and media (for clients). I can create custom templates to save time with each project (and there are a lot of built in custom templates already).

The main thing I like the least is that the Affinity software is not 'one' integration. It is three different programs. This is not my favorite thing for a few reasons, but, mostly I wish they were one, because I have started at least three projects in the wrong one (of the three I have).

Krita und Adobe Illustrator

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

GIMP does not have true CMYK option (for printing services who still use CMYK Printers), and Adobe is expensive in comparison (Affinity has NO monthly fee ).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

I chose Affinity over Adobe because of price, and over Krita because it seems to work best when I would drop a finished design into it and then adjust the CMYK (so I basically used GIMP and Krita together). It is easier to just use Affinity Designer (for designing and CMYK).
Jeremy
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

An Affordable Champion

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

I've been looking for an alternative to Adobe illustrator for years now, and Affinity Designer is the one. The interface is much faster to open and lighter in feel, and it offers pretty much all the features one could want from a vector editor. You can jump between vector and raster quite easily too.

Affinity Designer is very inexpensive, but you wouldn't know it from using it. This is a full-on, best-in-class vector graphics application for designing logos, icons, UI, mock-ups and more.

While Affinity Designer is very similar to Adobe Illustrator, it does behave quite differently in some ways, and will take a little longer to adjust coming from Illustrator. That being said, it's still very easy to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Very affordable, no monthly contract.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Much more professional interface than Gimp.
Destiny
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

So impressed with Affinity Designer!

Bewertet am 18.2.2022

Overall, this program has been more beneficial than any other art program I've used. I create coloring books and the vectoring tools have made the process so much faster, easier, and cleaner looking than the hand-drawn rastered techniques I was using before.

This is the easiest vectoring program I've ever used for lineart and I'm amazed at its affordability compared to insanely-priced subscription services like Adobe.

I only have two gripes with this program. 1) As of the writing of this review, you can't merge vectored strokes into one layer. You can merge multiple shapes into one shape but every vectored line/stroke has its own layer and can only be 'grouped', not merged. When I'm done with a lineart, I want it to be one layer-- not thousands. 2) Protecting/locking PDFs from editing does not seem to be possible at the moment and that's a huge security issue for a lot of artists who don't want their work edited without authorization. Would really like to see this issue fixed.

Hailey
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great graphic design software

Bewertet am 11.2.2022

Affinity Designer is a great one-time purchase software for graphic design. It has more features than the free program I was using previously and has allowed me to create more detailed designs for use in my business.

I don't have any formal training in graphic design so learning a new program can be difficult. I tend to turn to Youtube for tutorials and unfortunately there aren't a lot of tutorials for Affinity Designer compared to some of the other major design programs out there.

Adobe InDesign

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I was looking for program with more features as my design needs changed in my business. I needed to be able to work with images as well as vector files and Adobe Designer seemed to be a good fit.

Inkscape

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

At the time I installed Affinity Designer, they were offering an extended free trial. This made it easy to install and try out the software before purchasing and the lengthy trial period gave me time to learn more about how to use the software at my own pace. When my trial expired, Affinity was still offering a great deal on the purchase price of the software so I happily purchased. The main alternative I considered was Adobe who charge a subscription for use of their software. I prefer a one-time fee over a subscription as the subscription price quickly surpasses the cost of purchasing the software and becomes an ongoing business expense.
Alexandre
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best design software ever

Bewertet am 26.12.2021

- Fast development for my customers
- For any visit card design or else, it's very immersive

I've been using affinity for about 3 years.
It's soooo easy so great and mostly, SO QUICK !
I love designing with this software !
User experience is very cool, the customization is amazing.
And the price it's like we give it to you !

I can only recommend that software !

Sometimes, I need to go to Illustrator for some specific features such as color overall management or width modification. Anyway, there are a lot of innovative feature on Illustrator that i'd love to see on affinity.

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

For the features listed above

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Better UX Less expensive User friendly Immersive Beautiful Ease of use Very quick
Asfak

Best Vector Design software in a Cheaper price

Bewertet am 21.12.2021

Overall, I am happy with this product. It comes with a perceptual purchase plan. I can do my 80% of design in affinity designer. I wish they add features like shape builder tool, Image tracer soon. Then, It will be the best Adobe Illustrator Competitor.

The interface is less complicated. Layer management is awesome. It supports non-destructive editing for both vector & pixel editing. It supports live preview while changing any properties like colour, font & effects of the design.

There is no image tracing option. Lacking of Shape builder tool, pattern tool, real vector brush tool made this software hard to recommend to others.

Xara Designer Pro X

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

The affordability was the main reason to switch. Moreover, I never need the extra options provided by Adobe Illustrator. Inkscape was not capable of CMYK colour print. On the other hand, Affinity was the prefect match for me considering these issues.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

These alternatives were nearly prefect for me. But they weren't a prefect fit for my purpose. Although, affinity designer is not fully feature packed but is ticks all the boxes I want.
Jens
  • Branche: Computer-Software

IMO the Best Vector Editing Software on the Market

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

Fabulous. I bought the software in 2014 when it was first released and Serif has supplied free upgrades for almost seven years now (bringing it from version 1.0 to 1.9).
It's super easy to learn when you come from competing software and because it's newly developed it doesn't carry the heft of many, many years of old code and compatibility issues around (looking at you, Illustrator!).

It's modern, FAST (in capitals), easy to use, affordable and regularly updated.
Also, Affinity Designer (and it's companion applications Photo and Publisher) are available on both Windows and macOS with 100% file compatibility; In addition there is an iPad edition available, again with 100% compatible files and great drawing features for Apple Pencil.

The management of ,global colours' and 'normal colours' needs some getting used to. Once you know how it works, it works well, but it's a bit different than I expected.

Sketch

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I switched because Affinity Designer comes at a one-off price and the software I used before switched to a subscription model. The other software I used before that was not available on macOS (it is now, but runs really, really badly).

Adobe Illustrator und CorelDRAW

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

The two reasons I chose Affinity Designer over other evaluated software: - There is two more products in the suite (Affinity Photo and Publisher) and "working seamlessly together" is an understatement (StudioLink basically melts the three applications into one) - Out of the three products I looked at Affinity Designer is the one with the best export options for print-ready PDF documents
Leighton

Excellent alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Bewertet am 18.7.2021

With the exception of a few missing features and performance issues that would be nice to have, the experience has been excellent.

Affinity Designer is very affordable alternative that does most things as well as Adobe Illustrator (and a few things it does even better!) The UI is actually more intuitive than Illustrator in most ways, and those who come from Photoshop or Illustrator will have absolutely no problems adjusting to it. Affinity Designer is perfect for UI design, and illustration.

Unfortunately Affinity Designer is missing some of the more advanced features available in Illustrator, though none of these will be a deal-breaker for most users. The Affinity suite of apps also seems to have some (mostly non-critical) issues with memory management. Complex files can cause the software to become rather sluggish even on high-end computers. Adobe Illustrator is not immune to this, but this seems to happen with less complex files with Affinity Designer.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Inkscape und GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Emily

Absolutely Incredible

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

Affinity has hit every expectation and then some. Absolutely a dream come true and a great program. I love working with their design programs. I used their competitors programs but made the switch as soon as I saw how amazing it is.

Real-time changes during designing and editing.
Ability to work in vector or raster in the same application.
NO SUBSCRIPTIONS
Convert files into anything you need even for other design programs of other brands.
Quick exporting with a preview and many options.
Works amazingly on tablets and desktops.
Easy to download more brushes, typefaces, and anything else you need.
Now integrated with copyright-free photo services like pixabay, pexles, and unsplash.
Everything is fantastic and I cannot recommend this enough.

Doesn't like the corner tool at times.
Wish Affinity had a cloud-like service that could download and keep files you're working on available when you switch devices.

Jeremy
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Gotta Get Them All

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

I should start by saying that I didn't think I'd need Affinity Designer when I bought it. The only reason I bought it (and its product sibling, Affinity Photo) was because the product I actually wanted (Affinity Publisher) has a component called "Studio Link" that allows owners of Designer and Photo to switch "personas," which is a fancy word for summoning the tool set for Designer or Photo, whenever they need to update an image, logo, vector, landscape photo, etc. within a print layout for magazines, books (my exact use case), posters, fliers, or any other printed publication for business. By having a copy of Designer, I can use its full feature set right inside Publisher (same with Photo). I never have to exit the program or swap the image file I need to work on. It's not just innovative, it's efficient: one of the functional reasons (outside the obvious cost benefit) to using Affinity Anything over Adobe Anything (including Illustrator, it's main competition).

But the funny thing is that once I bought Designer (and Photo), I saw a need for it. It's now my go-to for designing vector images, which can help me to make a logo for my website or a character + scene or idea design for my book covers (in comedies and coming-of-age fiction). The hardest part is actually learning how to draw with vectors.

Spoiler Alert: It's not hard, even if you're an amateur like me. Get the Affinity Designer textbook or watch expert tutorials, and you'll figure it out in no time.

The main reason I bought the program was because it integrates with Affinity Publisher, another tool from the same company that I needed for book design. This is probably more of a pro in Publisher's camp, but Designer's compatibility with Affinity's entire suite of products made it attractive.

But it didn't take long for me to realize that I needed a program to design vector graphics, and Affinity Designer scratches that itch well. I can't compare its feature set to its competitor, Adobe Illustrator, because I don't use Adobe products, so I can't discuss what it lacks. But when it comes to essential layered shape designs and special effects (and creating patterns, and designing logos, and so on), it includes everything you need to get the job done well.

It's also easy to use. The product's store page also sells a textbook that holds your hand through designing projects, so it's very learn-as-you-go. The video tutorials also offer quick tips and best practices, and you can get additional design ideas from Affinity's YouTube channel.

The price is unbeatable. It charges an ownership fee, not a subscription fee, so you pay for the product once (and depending on your budget, you don't pay much) and keep it forever. The price includes all updates within that version, and it updates enough to maintain user confidence.

Overall, my opinion is that if you care about graphics of any kind, this is a tool worth having. But you should get all of Affinity's products. They're worth it.

If I were a dedicated graphic design artist, I might have an opinion here. But as a writer and sometimes game designer, my graphic needs are governed by situation, and so far my situation has not revealed any frustrations that I wouldn't extend to all Affinity products. So, the only actual negative I have right now is trivial. I'd need to use the software consistently to become excellent, and I don't need it often enough to become excellent. But if I were to use it consistently, the tools it offers would help me become excellent. So, there's no real con to buying this program, especially at its price point. Keeping track of the art boards gave me a headache the first time I used them. I think I may have used them wrong. A true graphic designer probably wouldn't have that kind of problem. It would be like a non-writer trying to learn how to use the style sheets in Microsoft Word (or Affinity Publisher, for that matter). Not hopeless, but not easy on the first try.

No, the only nitpick I have is the same about all of Affinity's products. To update them, you have to manually download and install the newest version. Each product is half a gigabyte in size. Multiply that by three (because all three share the same updates), and it can get expensive on your hard drive if you don't have that delete key ready. It would be nicer if they had an auto-updating option available (for those who trust the integrity of updates). But that's about it.

Oh, and Affinity likes RAM. Lots of RAM.

Viktoria
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The powerhouse of vector design

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

We use Affinity Designer for a myriad of things - from designing logos and graphics for websites, to making merch design for our web comic. The great UI and amazing performance are an upgrade from our previous vector design software.

Affinity designer is the software I was waiting for as long as I remember. It has all the options of the mainstream competition, but for the fraction of the price. The best part of it is that Affinity Designer does what it does perfectly. But, the thing that attracted me to the Serif software, Affinity Designer and it's sister products Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher, is not only that. They offered their software for absolutely free for three entire months when the COVID pandemic started, and then for another three months later on. All the time, their price was down to 50% as well. They were not only the best, but the most human and kind. And that is the kind of company I want to give my money to.

A solid bitmap tracing option would be nice.

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

We switched to Affinity software because we fell in love with the companies spirit. They offered their product for free to those who needed it the most. Needless to say, we bought the full suite after just a few days of use. Discovering Affinity was, to me, as exciting as making my first steps in vector design years ago.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

The affordable price and the completeness of the package were the middle ground between the expensive and the free option we were looking at.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A good Illustrator alternative, but far from perfect

Bewertet am 31.1.2021

Overall, I recommend Designer, along with the other Affinity apps, but I have something of a love-hate relationship with them. I love that we have real alternative to Adobe's products. The tools are powerful, and in many areas they shine brighter than Adobe's tired old offerings. On the other hand, some basic usability issues seem to hang about forever.

It's almost impossible to judge any vector illustration software without drawing comparisons (excuse the pun) to Adobe Illustrator, and in many ways Affinity Designer compares very well. It certainly feels fast, as a modern, native Mac app should. And unlike Illustrator, you can buy the app for a very affordable one-time purchase—no monthly subscriptions. Affinity has done a great job of unifying (mostly) all their apps, and this has to be mentioned too—Designer exists as part of an ecosystem, which for many designers, makes it the first genuine alternative to Adobe's Creative Cloud.

I have not found the transition from Adobe apps to be an altogether easy one. In some part, that is just the nature of switching from tools that one has grown very familiar with over many years. But some of it goes beyond that. The Affinity apps (and Designer is no exception) exhibit some *interesting* UI behaviours. Some of the more frustrating ones:

- poor windows management, making Separated Mode almost unusable
- strange intermittent bugs like a background window somehow having focus (and receiving commands)
- working with colour swatches (especially Pantone swatches and spot colours) is cumbersome
- some non-destructive actions, like deselecting an object, are added to the undo/redo stack (making it impossible to redo other commands)
- no option to globally turn off antialiasing of exported artwork
- no info panel
- no ability to save your workspaces
- lots of other 'little' interface oddities, which aren't big in and of themselves, but which can contribute to a somewhat frustrating experience overall.

Some of these issues have been raised over and over again on the user forums, but Affinity seems very slow to address them.

Michael
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

My experience has been wonderful, I see some of the new AI-type features in CC, but for my purposes the Affinity can do 98% of everything I might have ever wanted from CC and for a much better, one-time price.

I use the full Affinity suite (Designer, Photo and Publisher) and am VERY pleased with each. The ability to create and edit files in one and seamlessly switch to the other (e.g. edit photo in Photo and switch over to Designer to do some curved text or other vector work and then switch back to Photo) is amazing, and quite a time saver. I create several print-ready images every month and used to pay a LOT more for CC, which started to become a burden. Switching to Affinity saves me a lot of money (and also time)

Not a complaint, but if this software could somehow use all of the thousands of Photoshop plugins and filters out there, it would be incredible.

CorelDRAW und Adobe Creative Cloud

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Mostly price. I also did not like all of the additional drivers and misc stuff that Adobe installed and keeps running all the time in the background.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Better value, extremely polished and reliable
RAJESH
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Ditch Adobe Illustrator. Get Affinity Designer NOW

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

I love this tool for graphic design. The learning curve is short, the tool itself is inexpensive (no recurring cost) and I look forward to use it on a daily basis - it's so intutive.

The best thing about Affinity Designer is not that it is feature rich, but that it has all the essential features for designing/illustration. This software can be bought for a low price (one-time) unlike Adoble Illustrator which demands you pay monthly license fee. The software is easy and intutive to use and I was able to learn the essentials within a week or so. You get basic photo editing features like selection tools for cropping, blending modes, etc.

Certain useful features like gradient map, 3D, mockups, etc. that are available in Illustrator may not be available with Affinity Designer. But I am OK with this - too many features make us forget essential ones. Besides, the magic wand tool available in Affinity Photo is not available in Affinity Designer - for precise cropping of people, etc. I wish Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo were a single software.

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I was not happy with the high monthly subscription cost charged by Adobe Illustrator.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

I know Inkscape is free, but Affinity Designer has an awesome community on Facebook. I love the energy and enthusiasm around this product.