Affinity Designer

Sortieren nach

Sahar K.

Affinity Designer / Photo & Publisher

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

Perfekt für Professionelle Grafik Designer / im Bereich Corporate Design ( Logo / Magazine etc..) / Künstler / Photografen / Illustratoren

Diese App gehört dir nach dem Kauf, also kein Abo!
Sie hat mehr zu bieten als die Adobe Programme von der Schnelligkeit des Arbeitsflows und Effizienz!
Unter Mac OS X ist es möglich zwischen den verschieden Apps zu Switchen, genial - es spart enorm viel Zeit und die Dateien müssen nicht jedes Mal neu in das jeweilige Programm importiert werden.
Es ist sehr einfach die Programme zu lernen/ intuitiv und übersichtliche Darstellung.

5 Sterne für diese Programme ich bin ausnahmslos begeistert !

Es gibt keine Nachteile der Programme von Affinity es wäre nur schön wenn es in Zukunft eine automatische Vektorisierung von Bitmap Dateien geben würde! Dafür muss ich im Moment ein anderes Programm nutzen.

Jeremy D.

An Affordable Champion

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

I've been looking for an alternative to Adobe illustrator for years now, and Affinity Designer is the one. The interface is much faster to open and lighter in feel, and it offers pretty much all the features one could want from a vector editor. You can jump between vector and raster quite easily too.

Affinity Designer is very inexpensive, but you wouldn't know it from using it. This is a full-on, best-in-class vector graphics application for designing logos, icons, UI, mock-ups and more.

While Affinity Designer is very similar to Adobe Illustrator, it does behave quite differently in some ways, and will take a little longer to adjust coming from Illustrator. That being said, it's still very easy to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Very affordable, no monthly contract.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Much more professional interface than Gimp.
Srdan P.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

My essential UX, Vector Creating tool

Bewertet am 3.6.2022

I am very satisfied with the performance the look, style and usability of Affinity Designer I am also using the Affinity Photo and Publisher.

It's built for Mac OS, an it works flawlessly with my M1 MacBook and my Dell 27" external screen. It has all the features and tools as Adobe Illustrator and then some more. I absolutely love it!

Nothing that I can think of at the moment, all is rainbows and smiles after few years of using it.

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Seamless and without any regrets, wouldn't go back to Adobe in a million years.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Pricing and plus I know the product for several years.
Simon D.

Not fit for purpose

Bewertet am 23.1.2019

Not really a finished app

I have been trying to integrate Affinity Designer into a professional workflow for a number of years now but I've come to the conclusion that it's just too painful and there is nothing to indicate that this will improve.

Back when I first purchased this app the developers were promising a roadmap of future improvements which would bring it closer to some of the industry-standard vector apps out there. It's been two years now and not a single thing on that list has been implemented. The few updates which have come down the line have focused on things like the app icon.

The developers have moved on to other projects, and it seems to me that for all intents and purposes, development on this software has been abandoned. I wouldn't wish to speculate if this software will even be supported in a few years.

So we're left with an app which lacks some of the most fundamental vector editing tools. With the exception of skew, vectors cannot be distorted in any way (including perspective) and it even lacks a knife tool. These are tools which are actually provided by many free editors.

Furthermore, many tools are very poorly implemented. Convert to curves produces hilariously unusable results and things like Offset Path simply don't exist. The developers themselves are notoriously unresponsive to please for further development.

Since going cross-platform there have been many reports of Designer's instability and since the implementation of Apples Metal API

It's cheap, although it still remains less powerful that some free apps

Development seems to have ground to a halt on this app. Investing time and energy learning could be a waste of time as it may not be around in the future.

Hayden F.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

I love this software, beware Adobe

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

I use Affinity Designer on a daily basis, to create graphics and assets for video and animation, as well as all the graphic design needs for my job. Strongly support the vision and accessibility of Affinity compared to the Adobe rent software model. Love the fact that all updates are also free and they just keep on improving, you go Affinity.

Very powerful and well rounded design software.
Inexpensive, yet a great alternative to Illustrator

Not many collaboration and no good perspective tools.

CorelDRAW

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Pricing and features. Still use Adobe in some capacity.

Pricing and accessibility
Tyler M.
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Absolutely amazing product with mind-blowing price!

Bewertet am 17.3.2022

Wonderful. The quality is absolutely on par with Illustrator and works without a hitch on my Macbook Pro M1. No stutters or jitters.

I love Affinity Designer so much! I been using it on a daily basis for 5+ years now. The price of $50 is absolutely mind blowing for what this is able to do. It's comparable to other products in its category for 1/10th of the price. I have not had any instance of something that could be done in Illustrator that can't be done with Affinity.

The only thing about the product that I don't like is that the art board is not transparent. This becomes an issue because I am not able to view anything outside of the work area and unless I find it in the layers tab, I won't be able to locate anything I put on it.

Skyler B.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The Perfect Adobe Illustrator Alternative

Bewertet am 10.5.2022

My experience with Affinity Designer has been great. I am a professional writer and only use graphic design and photo editing software a few times per month. I kept Adobe CS6 until it was no longer supported, and then moved to an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for a year. It wasn't worth the money for me considering how infrequently I used it. Affinity Illustrator and Photo have allowed me to cancel my Adobe subscription, and have a full-featured graphic design program which covers 95% of all my needs. For the price, there is not a better option anywhere!

I love that Affinity Designer has most of the essential graphic design features of Adobe Illustrator, for a fraction of the price. You can buy Designer outright with a one-time purchase for the price of just ONE month of an Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. The software is intuitive and easy to use, and is starting to become more popular amongst designers. If you come from Illustrator, there is only a small learning curve, and new features are constantly being added to bring it up to par with AI.

Some features are frustratingly similar to Adobe Illustrator, but slightly different, which can take time to figure them out, and slow down your workflow. Minor annoyances include not being able to trace a PNG into a vector, and not being able to merge vectors into one layer. Also, there aren't as many YouTube tutorials as AI, and Affinity only has videos for each function rather than a full course from beginner to pro, which makes it difficult to learn.

Rogelio A.

How not love it?

Bewertet am 12.3.2022

I have the whole suite working together: Designer, Photo, Publisher and it helps me stay on a competitive level against other businesses offering the same services.

Affinity Designer is the best Adobe Illustrator alternative that will let you edit SVG, AI, EPS, PDF files with ease. The controls are very intuitive and easy to use, the results are way too good and so far, after all these years there's nothing I regret from using Affinity Designer
If you buy a set of tools on the Serif store, you do not have to download them and install them on a certain folder, you just go into the panel, click, that's it. You have it ready to use and installed properly.

The only thing I cannot do in Affinity Designer so far is to get a PNG and trace it into a vector. For that, I have to use Inkspace but everything else: Affnity Designer.
Another thing that you may feel limited is that you see templates for Illustrator everywhere but not for Designer. You can still open them but all the layers groups will be merged into a single giant group making you spend some time rearranging things.

Hailey W.
  • Branche: Bildende Kunst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Absolute must for digital artists who are sick of Adobe Photoshop fees,

Bewertet am 20.5.2022

We have been so impressed with the ease and quality of the software that we have completely switched from Adobe Photoshop to the Affinity software series.

The software is near identical to Adobe Photoshop, with some key features excelling expectations, but the one time affordable payment makes this software a must in this industry.

Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher collectively provide the exact same product as Adobe Photoshop and more but are sold separately. Still worth buying each as the value over time compared to Adobe Photoshop with their monthly fees.

Affinity Photo

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

The fees for Adobe Photoshop is outrageous considering Affinity Designer's one time payment for the exact same quality and ease of software.

Adobe Photoshop

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

I ultimately bought both Affinity Designer and Photo for a combo pack sale - Designer is much better suited for digital art, drawing, painting, animation whereas Photo is better for photos, editing, etc.
Weronika K.

Review of Affinity Designer after 2 years od using

Bewertet am 20.5.2022

I really like the affinity designer. I use it a lot in my illustrations, it's great!

What I like the most about this program is that I can hybrid design by creating vectors with pixel elements. I also like very much that the program has a one-time, lifetime license!

I miss a more intuitive shape builder. there are also a lot of options that I probably don't know and another program uses it, because I already know how to achieve the desired effect in it. There is still little material on youtube, and this is the main source of knowledge I use.

Anthony F.
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

For those looking to switch

Bewertet am 6.5.2022

The things I like most about Affinity Designer is that if you're familiar with Adobe's line of products then the transition between the two isn't that steep of a learning curve. While Adobe may have set the standard in design spaces - Affinity is a great alternative. They also make it easy to learn by providing tutorials on their website. Menus and items you might be familiar with can also be hidden, but with any program it's always best to read over what their specific hot keys are to speed up your workflow.

I also enjoy that there are different personas that you can utilize within the software itself, especially the vector aspect. It's pretty much a one stop shop instead of either dragging and dropping between programs and/or importing different documents that can become distorted.

There's nothing that I dislike about the software in general, it's a great alternative to Adobe products. There's a slight learning curve, but nothing considerably over the top that would make it difficult to use.

Deborah B.

Versatility and Easy to Learn

Bewertet am 1.7.2022

Time saving: - Repetitive tasks:
There are some intuitive features I'm learning about, while I was creating a template for printable stickers, I discovered after one 'duplicate' was dragged under the last, the next one would go to the space under that one (with just using the duplicate again). Saving time as I learn more and more.

This is the easiest to learn in graphic design software. I like that I can edit parts of a design and link or embed the update. I have created book covers (for print), e-book templates, and recently a sticker series (convention logo sticker items for event items). It has helped me save time (revising templates instead of building from scratch with each one), and I was able to create exactly what the client wanted.

I've also created marketing graphics for social and launches of books and media (for clients). I can create custom templates to save time with each project (and there are a lot of built in custom templates already).

The main thing I like the least is that the Affinity software is not 'one' integration. It is three different programs. This is not my favorite thing for a few reasons, but, mostly I wish they were one, because I have started at least three projects in the wrong one (of the three I have).

Krita und Adobe Illustrator

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

GIMP does not have true CMYK option (for printing services who still use CMYK Printers), and Adobe is expensive in comparison (Affinity has NO monthly fee ).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

I chose Affinity over Adobe because of price, and over Krita because it seems to work best when I would drop a finished design into it and then adjust the CMYK (so I basically used GIMP and Krita together). It is easier to just use Affinity Designer (for designing and CMYK).
Destiny L.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

So impressed with Affinity Designer!

Bewertet am 18.2.2022

Overall, this program has been more beneficial than any other art program I've used. I create coloring books and the vectoring tools have made the process so much faster, easier, and cleaner looking than the hand-drawn rastered techniques I was using before.

This is the easiest vectoring program I've ever used for lineart and I'm amazed at its affordability compared to insanely-priced subscription services like Adobe.

I only have two gripes with this program. 1) As of the writing of this review, you can't merge vectored strokes into one layer. You can merge multiple shapes into one shape but every vectored line/stroke has its own layer and can only be 'grouped', not merged. When I'm done with a lineart, I want it to be one layer-- not thousands. 2) Protecting/locking PDFs from editing does not seem to be possible at the moment and that's a huge security issue for a lot of artists who don't want their work edited without authorization. Would really like to see this issue fixed.

Hailey W.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great graphic design software

Bewertet am 11.2.2022

Affinity Designer is a great one-time purchase software for graphic design. It has more features than the free program I was using previously and has allowed me to create more detailed designs for use in my business.

I don't have any formal training in graphic design so learning a new program can be difficult. I tend to turn to Youtube for tutorials and unfortunately there aren't a lot of tutorials for Affinity Designer compared to some of the other major design programs out there.

Adobe InDesign

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I was looking for program with more features as my design needs changed in my business. I needed to be able to work with images as well as vector files and Adobe Designer seemed to be a good fit.

Inkscape

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

At the time I installed Affinity Designer, they were offering an extended free trial. This made it easy to install and try out the software before purchasing and the lengthy trial period gave me time to learn more about how to use the software at my own pace. When my trial expired, Affinity was still offering a great deal on the purchase price of the software so I happily purchased. The main alternative I considered was Adobe who charge a subscription for use of their software. I prefer a one-time fee over a subscription as the subscription price quickly surpasses the cost of purchasing the software and becomes an ongoing business expense.
Alexandre T.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best design software ever

Bewertet am 26.12.2021

- Fast development for my customers
- For any visit card design or else, it's very immersive

I've been using affinity for about 3 years.
It's soooo easy so great and mostly, SO QUICK !
I love designing with this software !
User experience is very cool, the customization is amazing.
And the price it's like we give it to you !

I can only recommend that software !

Sometimes, I need to go to Illustrator for some specific features such as color overall management or width modification. Anyway, there are a lot of innovative feature on Illustrator that i'd love to see on affinity.

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

For the features listed above

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Better UX Less expensive User friendly Immersive Beautiful Ease of use Very quick
Asfak A.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Vector Design software in a Cheaper price

Bewertet am 21.12.2021

Overall, I am happy with this product. It comes with a perceptual purchase plan. I can do my 80% of design in affinity designer. I wish they add features like shape builder tool, Image tracer soon. Then, It will be the best Adobe Illustrator Competitor.

The interface is less complicated. Layer management is awesome. It supports non-destructive editing for both vector & pixel editing. It supports live preview while changing any properties like colour, font & effects of the design.

There is no image tracing option. Lacking of Shape builder tool, pattern tool, real vector brush tool made this software hard to recommend to others.

Xara Designer Pro X

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

The affordability was the main reason to switch. Moreover, I never need the extra options provided by Adobe Illustrator. Inkscape was not capable of CMYK colour print. On the other hand, Affinity was the prefect match for me considering these issues.

Adobe Illustrator und Inkscape

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

These alternatives were nearly prefect for me. But they weren't a prefect fit for my purpose. Although, affinity designer is not fully feature packed but is ticks all the boxes I want.
Jens K.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

IMO the Best Vector Editing Software on the Market

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

Fabulous. I bought the software in 2014 when it was first released and Serif has supplied free upgrades for almost seven years now (bringing it from version 1.0 to 1.9).
It's super easy to learn when you come from competing software and because it's newly developed it doesn't carry the heft of many, many years of old code and compatibility issues around (looking at you, Illustrator!).

It's modern, FAST (in capitals), easy to use, affordable and regularly updated.
Also, Affinity Designer (and it's companion applications Photo and Publisher) are available on both Windows and macOS with 100% file compatibility; In addition there is an iPad edition available, again with 100% compatible files and great drawing features for Apple Pencil.

The management of ,global colours' and 'normal colours' needs some getting used to. Once you know how it works, it works well, but it's a bit different than I expected.

Sketch

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I switched because Affinity Designer comes at a one-off price and the software I used before switched to a subscription model. The other software I used before that was not available on macOS (it is now, but runs really, really badly).

Adobe Illustrator und CorelDRAW

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

The two reasons I chose Affinity Designer over other evaluated software: - There is two more products in the suite (Affinity Photo and Publisher) and "working seamlessly together" is an understatement (StudioLink basically melts the three applications into one) - Out of the three products I looked at Affinity Designer is the one with the best export options for print-ready PDF documents
Leighton F.

Excellent alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Bewertet am 18.7.2021

With the exception of a few missing features and performance issues that would be nice to have, the experience has been excellent.

Affinity Designer is very affordable alternative that does most things as well as Adobe Illustrator (and a few things it does even better!) The UI is actually more intuitive than Illustrator in most ways, and those who come from Photoshop or Illustrator will have absolutely no problems adjusting to it. Affinity Designer is perfect for UI design, and illustration.

Unfortunately Affinity Designer is missing some of the more advanced features available in Illustrator, though none of these will be a deal-breaker for most users. The Affinity suite of apps also seems to have some (mostly non-critical) issues with memory management. Complex files can cause the software to become rather sluggish even on high-end computers. Adobe Illustrator is not immune to this, but this seems to happen with less complex files with Affinity Designer.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) und Inkscape

Emily B.

Absolutely Incredible

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

Affinity has hit every expectation and then some. Absolutely a dream come true and a great program. I love working with their design programs. I used their competitors programs but made the switch as soon as I saw how amazing it is.

Real-time changes during designing and editing.
Ability to work in vector or raster in the same application.
NO SUBSCRIPTIONS
Convert files into anything you need even for other design programs of other brands.
Quick exporting with a preview and many options.
Works amazingly on tablets and desktops.
Easy to download more brushes, typefaces, and anything else you need.
Now integrated with copyright-free photo services like pixabay, pexles, and unsplash.
Everything is fantastic and I cannot recommend this enough.

Doesn't like the corner tool at times.
Wish Affinity had a cloud-like service that could download and keep files you're working on available when you switch devices.

Jeremy B.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Gotta Get Them All

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

I should start by saying that I didn't think I'd need Affinity Designer when I bought it. The only reason I bought it (and its product sibling, Affinity Photo) was because the product I actually wanted (Affinity Publisher) has a component called "Studio Link" that allows owners of Designer and Photo to switch "personas," which is a fancy word for summoning the tool set for Designer or Photo, whenever they need to update an image, logo, vector, landscape photo, etc. within a print layout for magazines, books (my exact use case), posters, fliers, or any other printed publication for business. By having a copy of Designer, I can use its full feature set right inside Publisher (same with Photo). I never have to exit the program or swap the image file I need to work on. It's not just innovative, it's efficient: one of the functional reasons (outside the obvious cost benefit) to using Affinity Anything over Adobe Anything (including Illustrator, it's main competition).

But the funny thing is that once I bought Designer (and Photo), I saw a need for it. It's now my go-to for designing vector images, which can help me to make a logo for my website or a character + scene or idea design for my book covers (in comedies and coming-of-age fiction). The hardest part is actually learning how to draw with vectors.

Spoiler Alert: It's not hard, even if you're an amateur like me. Get the Affinity Designer textbook or watch expert tutorials, and you'll figure it out in no time.

The main reason I bought the program was because it integrates with Affinity Publisher, another tool from the same company that I needed for book design. This is probably more of a pro in Publisher's camp, but Designer's compatibility with Affinity's entire suite of products made it attractive.

But it didn't take long for me to realize that I needed a program to design vector graphics, and Affinity Designer scratches that itch well. I can't compare its feature set to its competitor, Adobe Illustrator, because I don't use Adobe products, so I can't discuss what it lacks. But when it comes to essential layered shape designs and special effects (and creating patterns, and designing logos, and so on), it includes everything you need to get the job done well.

It's also easy to use. The product's store page also sells a textbook that holds your hand through designing projects, so it's very learn-as-you-go. The video tutorials also offer quick tips and best practices, and you can get additional design ideas from Affinity's YouTube channel.

The price is unbeatable. It charges an ownership fee, not a subscription fee, so you pay for the product once (and depending on your budget, you don't pay much) and keep it forever. The price includes all updates within that version, and it updates enough to maintain user confidence.

Overall, my opinion is that if you care about graphics of any kind, this is a tool worth having. But you should get all of Affinity's products. They're worth it.

If I were a dedicated graphic design artist, I might have an opinion here. But as a writer and sometimes game designer, my graphic needs are governed by situation, and so far my situation has not revealed any frustrations that I wouldn't extend to all Affinity products. So, the only actual negative I have right now is trivial. I'd need to use the software consistently to become excellent, and I don't need it often enough to become excellent. But if I were to use it consistently, the tools it offers would help me become excellent. So, there's no real con to buying this program, especially at its price point. Keeping track of the art boards gave me a headache the first time I used them. I think I may have used them wrong. A true graphic designer probably wouldn't have that kind of problem. It would be like a non-writer trying to learn how to use the style sheets in Microsoft Word (or Affinity Publisher, for that matter). Not hopeless, but not easy on the first try.

No, the only nitpick I have is the same about all of Affinity's products. To update them, you have to manually download and install the newest version. Each product is half a gigabyte in size. Multiply that by three (because all three share the same updates), and it can get expensive on your hard drive if you don't have that delete key ready. It would be nicer if they had an auto-updating option available (for those who trust the integrity of updates). But that's about it.

Oh, and Affinity likes RAM. Lots of RAM.

Viktoria J.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The powerhouse of vector design

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

We use Affinity Designer for a myriad of things - from designing logos and graphics for websites, to making merch design for our web comic. The great UI and amazing performance are an upgrade from our previous vector design software.

Affinity designer is the software I was waiting for as long as I remember. It has all the options of the mainstream competition, but for the fraction of the price. The best part of it is that Affinity Designer does what it does perfectly. But, the thing that attracted me to the Serif software, Affinity Designer and it's sister products Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher, is not only that. They offered their software for absolutely free for three entire months when the COVID pandemic started, and then for another three months later on. All the time, their price was down to 50% as well. They were not only the best, but the most human and kind. And that is the kind of company I want to give my money to.

A solid bitmap tracing option would be nice.

Adobe Illustrator und Inkscape

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

We switched to Affinity software because we fell in love with the companies spirit. They offered their product for free to those who needed it the most. Needless to say, we bought the full suite after just a few days of use. Discovering Affinity was, to me, as exciting as making my first steps in vector design years ago.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

The affordable price and the completeness of the package were the middle ground between the expensive and the free option we were looking at.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A good Illustrator alternative, but far from perfect

Bewertet am 31.1.2021

Overall, I recommend Designer, along with the other Affinity apps, but I have something of a love-hate relationship with them. I love that we have real alternative to Adobe's products. The tools are powerful, and in many areas they shine brighter than Adobe's tired old offerings. On the other hand, some basic usability issues seem to hang about forever.

It's almost impossible to judge any vector illustration software without drawing comparisons (excuse the pun) to Adobe Illustrator, and in many ways Affinity Designer compares very well. It certainly feels fast, as a modern, native Mac app should. And unlike Illustrator, you can buy the app for a very affordable one-time purchase—no monthly subscriptions. Affinity has done a great job of unifying (mostly) all their apps, and this has to be mentioned too—Designer exists as part of an ecosystem, which for many designers, makes it the first genuine alternative to Adobe's Creative Cloud.

I have not found the transition from Adobe apps to be an altogether easy one. In some part, that is just the nature of switching from tools that one has grown very familiar with over many years. But some of it goes beyond that. The Affinity apps (and Designer is no exception) exhibit some *interesting* UI behaviours. Some of the more frustrating ones:

- poor windows management, making Separated Mode almost unusable
- strange intermittent bugs like a background window somehow having focus (and receiving commands)
- working with colour swatches (especially Pantone swatches and spot colours) is cumbersome
- some non-destructive actions, like deselecting an object, are added to the undo/redo stack (making it impossible to redo other commands)
- no option to globally turn off antialiasing of exported artwork
- no info panel
- no ability to save your workspaces
- lots of other 'little' interface oddities, which aren't big in and of themselves, but which can contribute to a somewhat frustrating experience overall.

Some of these issues have been raised over and over again on the user forums, but Affinity seems very slow to address them.

Michael S.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

My experience has been wonderful, I see some of the new AI-type features in CC, but for my purposes the Affinity can do 98% of everything I might have ever wanted from CC and for a much better, one-time price.

I use the full Affinity suite (Designer, Photo and Publisher) and am VERY pleased with each. The ability to create and edit files in one and seamlessly switch to the other (e.g. edit photo in Photo and switch over to Designer to do some curved text or other vector work and then switch back to Photo) is amazing, and quite a time saver. I create several print-ready images every month and used to pay a LOT more for CC, which started to become a burden. Switching to Affinity saves me a lot of money (and also time)

Not a complaint, but if this software could somehow use all of the thousands of Photoshop plugins and filters out there, it would be incredible.

CorelDRAW und Adobe Creative Cloud

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Mostly price. I also did not like all of the additional drivers and misc stuff that Adobe installed and keeps running all the time in the background.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

Better value, extremely polished and reliable
Rajesh K.

Ditch Adobe Illustrator. Get Affinity Designer NOW

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

I love this tool for graphic design. The learning curve is short, the tool itself is inexpensive (no recurring cost) and I look forward to use it on a daily basis - it's so intutive.

The best thing about Affinity Designer is not that it is feature rich, but that it has all the essential features for designing/illustration. This software can be bought for a low price (one-time) unlike Adoble Illustrator which demands you pay monthly license fee. The software is easy and intutive to use and I was able to learn the essentials within a week or so. You get basic photo editing features like selection tools for cropping, blending modes, etc.

Certain useful features like gradient map, 3D, mockups, etc. that are available in Illustrator may not be available with Affinity Designer. But I am OK with this - too many features make us forget essential ones. Besides, the magic wand tool available in Affinity Photo is not available in Affinity Designer - for precise cropping of people, etc. I wish Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo were a single software.

Inkscape und Adobe Illustrator

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

I was not happy with the high monthly subscription cost charged by Adobe Illustrator.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

I know Inkscape is free, but Affinity Designer has an awesome community on Facebook. I love the energy and enthusiasm around this product.
Savannah T.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Affinity Designer

Bewertet am 2.5.2020

Overall it’s OK but the price point is very low so it makes it somewhat worth it.

Affinity designer is super cost-effective. It’s easier to use than most designer software’s. They have a lot of support on their website and tutorials on YouTube.

There are a couple issues that we’ve had while using affinity designer. The program tends to frequently close out by itself. Sometimes I’m unable to download the updates without it crashing. We have to use affinity in conjunction with our Roland BN-20 however some of the add-ons within affinity aren’t compatible and aren’t recognize in versaworks. There aren’t enough tutorials to really grasp everything within affinity. I think it needs a little more work and to be easier to use.

CorelDRAW

Warum Affinity Designer gewählt wurde

Adobe illustrator was too expensive and affinity didn’t have a monthly subscription and it was a download onto our computer rather than on a network.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Designer

The price point beat all other designer software.