Notepad++

• Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Notepad++

Bewertet am 29.8.2023

Die simpel gespaltene Oberfläche, Export Funktionen, Formatierungmöglichkeiten und simple Installation

Die mangelnden Funktionen, welche hinzugefügt werden können, beispielsweise wie bei Visual Studio Code

Leander
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen

Eine wahre Bereicherung

Bewertet am 3.8.2023

Übersichtlich und funktionell. Ich möchte es nicht mehr missen.

Die Farbdefinitionen im Highlighten sollten definierbar sein.

Nino
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertung des Programmes Notepad++

Bewertet am 13.1.2024

Notepad++ hat einen eigenen Kontextmenüeintrag.

Man hat nicht so viele Möglichkeiten, was das Design angeht.

Nico
Nico
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Verwende ich definitiv täglich!

Bewertet am 3.12.2021

Der Editor ist einfach simpel und unterstützt mich täglich in meiner Tätigkeit als Software Consultant. Sei es nur eine Notiz welche ich mir schnell aufschreibe oder ein Programmiercode welchen ich mir direkt in der richtigen Programmiersprache farblich markieren lasse.

Fällt mir auf die schnelle jetzt nichts ein.

Fernando
Fernando

My partner!

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

This is my daily partner. I love Notepad++ and I can't live anymore without it.

This is my daily partner. I love Notepad++ and I can't live anymore without it.

I have so much to say about it, but I'll try to be short. I use it every single day, to read simple text files, edit CSV when other tools hide some problems, edit source codes of many different languages, view HEX (hexadecimal) representation of some binary files, paste text to use later, edit texts without formatting, convert base64 strings, check UTF-8 files and even play tetris. Yes you have a lot of plugins to do whatever you need!

Sometimes when you do a search and replace operation in a very large file (100MB or larger), apart of the very long processing time, you may end up with a broken file. And even if you undo the operation with CTRL+Z, the file will not return to its original state, you must close without save to preserve the file. But that is not a problem you should consider because it is not so common to edit such a big file. You can also do the operation in blocks, it works then.

Przemek
Przemek
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Notepad++ a must have for IT specialist.

Bewertet am 3.4.2023

It gives me a free scripting program to work with all types of codes. I can quickly view and evaluate the script, make necessary corrections, and then save it in the same format it was opened with.

Notepad++ is suitable for all scripting languages and can be used to write and edit all types of code, like scripts and configuration files. It is easy and free to use, which makes it a valuable asset for programmers and IT specialists in general.

Sometimes I miss the terminal feature like in Powershell or Visual Studio, where I could check the code without implementing it in the environment. Such a testing feature is almost a must-have, and because Notepad++ doesn't have it I sometimes chose other scripting solutions.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A fairly niche text editor

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Notepad++ was a great tool that I heavily relied on when I was starting to configure and run scripts. Nowadays, I find myself using this program less often, as it offers fewer features than other IDEs.

Notepad++ can be easily dropped in as a replacement for Windows Notepad. It works and looks identically to Notepad, only that it supports more files and has more features. For those that are less tech savy, I think Notepad++ is an easy replacement for Notepad, even if you don't need to use all its features.

For developers, it's hard to justify using Notepad++ for much. Other developer-focused IDEs offer vastly enhanced feature sets and quality of life improvements for editing code/config files, while also performing the same functions as Notepad++. The UI of Notepad++ also seems dated.

Fatima
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Notepad++ Review

Bewertet am 28.1.2024

I have had a positive experience editing code thanks to its syntax highlighting, autocompletion, file organization, and customization capabilities through plugins, making it a useful and efficient tool for software developers.

What I like most about Notepad++ is its combination of simplicity and power. Despite being a relatively lightweight and fast text editor, it offers a wide range of advanced features that make it useful for a variety of tasks, from code editing to text manipulation.

Its availability mainly for Windows platforms. Although there are ways to run it on other operating systems using emulators or virtual machines, it does not have native support for macOS or Linux.

Roger
Roger
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Notepad++ can handle every language then some

Bewertet am 2.10.2021

I mean I use it literally every single day. I most of the time just leave it open and is one of the few programs that turn on when my computer turns on. It has so many plug ins I still haven't tried them all but the ones I have tried we so good I just left those on too and I love finding stuff on here that just makes coding just so much more enjoyable and the program is as powerful as you want it to be

Were do I begin, well first is how light it is. I have been using Notepad++ since I was 18 and I am 30 as of 9/5/2021 and to this day I cant find another source text editor that is as quick and robust I can just keep tabs of examples and the syntax highlighting is beautiful and you can use there XML layout to make your own syntax highlighting. Also the plug ins they offer are unreal. You can build your copy up with all the bells and whistles or keep it light, I do recommend getting a FTP client on so you can put in individual files were they need to be real quick. Honestly this will be one of the tools you will use most often.

If I had to pick I would say there are some bugs in some of the plug ins and maybe a slight touch up on the GUI.

emin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple is the best! Notepad++ is the best in the west!

Bewertet am 17.1.2024

We have been using it for many years. We switched to notepad++ from dreamviewer. Really simplicity and placement of font sizes (being able to see more lines on a single monitor) gives us comfort

The "search in files" and "replace in files" feature is very good. File recovery is very good at keeping the file you forgot to save in memory. The "Mark" feature is also very useful. You can easily filter the source code (especially multi-line) by marking certain code snippets or functions.

More integration options can be added. The feature of automatically opening newly created files "in the following encoding" can be added. each time, we need to change the file encoding property to UTF-8 BOM.

Filipp
Filipp
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

A good basic workhorse

Bewertet am 1.11.2023

I’ve used npp for ad hoc dev work before migrating to cloud and doing quick basic testing of code

Lots of language syntax highlighting, great themes, cheap, and little memory consumption during execution.

No theme marketplace and module references across scripts are rare, function type declarations also aren’t visible in the IDE

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

PyCharm und Visual Studio Code

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notepad++

I use all three in tandem depending on the use case
Virginia
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very useful and many functionalities

Bewertet am 15.4.2024

I liked the most its ease of use while being very complete and with many useful functionalities.
I like its ease of search, its user experience in modifying characters all along the document and its customizable features.

Some of the most specific features are not so easy to understand and you have to search but I think it's related to the fact that it's dedicated to a higher level use.

Alvaro
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Very good free and open source text and source code editor

Bewertet am 29.4.2024

Its simple and easy-to-use interface. The ability to work with multiple documents and tabs. The possibility of using plugins.

To use it you must have programming knowledge, because it is complex. Does not have a built-in spell check function. Its performance may suffer when working with very large or complex text files.

Samuel
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great tool for your software development set.

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

I use it all the time, impossible to go back to "Regular Notepad".

I use it all the time, impossible to go back to "Regular Notepad".

Ease to use, powerful, lightweight, no fuss installation

Nothing, everything works as it should. No problems at all.

Jeff
  • Branche: Tierarzt

NotePad++ Checks All The Boxes

Bewertet am 16.3.2021

We've been using NotePad++ for 15 years now, and it's become our staple for everyday coding.

We use NotePad++ every single day coding our internal CMS systems. Everything we use is custom built in-house, and NotePad++ is our editor of choice. The language strings are clearly defined (the colors are super nice), and the customizable ability of literally everything (including viewpoint) is easy to implement and toggle. We even have added additional SpellCheck settings which have helped (the default is British). Their backup methods is amazing, too - literally able to keep a core backup of every file for iterations upon saving.

Practically nothing. Very rarely the software crashes when you load a new file, but thankfully that's super rare - and it's only upon upload (so no changes have been made yet).

Marat

Notepad++ review

Bewertet am 27.10.2021

I use Notepad++ to edit the code, quickly find and replace text (sometimes with regular expressions) for many years and I didn't yet find a better alternative.

Probably the best free text editor on the open-source market. Notepadd+ has almost fully customizable GUI, tabbed interface, supports plugins, lots of supported programming languages (highlighting the code syntax), text encodings, autocomplete, find and replace text (also with regex), export and import to various formats, autosave changes, undo/redo and many many more wonderful capabilities.

Notepad++ has not to many things to complain. Maybe GUI looks a bit outdated. The number of features/options are overwhelming sometimes and require to search for a certain function.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

HTML Editor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Notepad++

Notepad++ is a free open-source tool, lots of options/features, customizable with plugins, fast and easy to use
Catarina
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Powerful, simple and a mandatory tool

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

The experience has been great. It is a powerful yet very simple tool that is always installed on my computers, whether they are personal or professional ones, and that I highly recommend to work colleagues, friends and family.

The simplicity of usage, the highly useful built in features that are provided (line operations and file programming language detection) and the powerful plugins that you can add to the tool for a particular objective (example: plugin for file comparison).

The user interface could be a little bit more modern and there could be with some built in themes but that does not affect the usage (or the likelihood to use) of Notepad++.

Andrei
Andrei
  • Branche: Computerspiele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great free text editor with font limitations and a less than modern look

Bewertet am 10.5.2020

Notepad++ increased the productivity of my small studio by having a free, fast, and lightweight tool to use that always got the job done compared to other free applications such as Notepad(cannot open large files) and Wordpad(for writing documents, not code). The macros and different styles of multi-selection saved me a lot of time when doing repetitive tasks.

It was great for me for modifying files such as HTML, JS, CSS without having to download specific software. As long as the user has an idea about the programming language, for small changes and IDE is not required and this is where Notepad++ comes into play.

The interface is a drawback but I just went along with it. The backups saved me a few times (can specify to auto-backup every few seconds!).

Notepad++ is also my note writing program due to the tabbing system they have.

I've been using Notepad++ for around 8 or more years and I don't see myself moving away from it anytime soon. I can't remember a time when I thought Notepad++ was not a good choice. It's an amazingly sturdy text editor with support for an enormous amount of programming and markup languages yet very lightweight and on top of everything, completely free!

Working with a lot of log files my first goto software to open them was the usual Notepad which quickly reminded me that big text files will just freeze it. Notepad++ however doesn't have any of those issues. It's like Window's Notepad on steroids.

Plugins are a big thing in Notepad++ but I must admit I never found any reason to use them. For extensive work however I'm sure they can come in handy.

Notepad++ excels at automating repetitive tasks with the use of the Macro feature and column mode. This made fixing spreadsheets really easy.

It can also be easily integrated in WinSCP for small changes in remote files and even if the connection drops, Notpad++ will have backups of the files.

The tab support is very handy especially that as a browser, it can be selected to open up with the same tabs as last time.
The automatic backup is invaluable for unlucky situations. At some point my computer crashed and next time I opened Notepad++ the tabs were gone to my despair (had very useful info in them and I had no idea where they were saved) but I quickly found them in the backup folder.

The font limitations are somewhat of a problem as these can only be changed globally. I have yet to find a way (and I did search quite some time) how I could make certain text in Bold or Italic. The average answer I find redirects me to use different software because Notepad++ "is just a text editor" when it has more features than some paid IDEs.

The interface of Notepad++ looks very outdated making the program look like a Windows 98 application even though it gets updated very frequently. On top of this, the icons under the toolbar for quick actions are very small.

Still related to the interface, even though it's customizable up to some degree, it feels very cluttered. A lot of features stacked side by side that most people will probably never use. The menu with drop down submenus is also huge containing out of the box things like "Encoding" , "Run", "Window" and my favourite "?" which has the about section, the API section and other program related FAQ buttons.

Again, related to the interface, some dropdown menus have huge options in them making the dropdown menu ridiculously wide.

Updates are good, right? Well not if the software wants to update every 3 days! Out of the box, Notepad++ would like to update at least 2 times a week and when working on different devices at different rates, the update pop-up can become downright annoying. This can be disabled however. I have not found a way to adjust the frequency it looks for updates so right now it's either On or Off.

José Luis
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

An improved version of MS Notepad

Bewertet am 26.7.2021

I started using Notepad++ to solve some coding problems in text files that I needed to share between different platforms. I currently use it as my exclusive plain text editor, because I don't know of a better one so far.

It is free software, distributed under the GNU General Public License.
It is permanently updated, which is a very good feature in a free software.
It has virtually everything you would expect from a plain text editor and much more.
Allows you to work with projects, sessions and different views, which gives you great power when working with multiple related files or several groups of files.
It recognizes many programming languages and also allows you to create your own language. It also works with Markdown.
It supports five types of character encoding, with the possibility of transforming texts from one to another.
A large number of character sets can also be used, including several oriental ones.
It is capable of generating MD5 and SHA-256 hashes, from text and from files.
It has very powerful search and text replacement functions.
It has automatic spelling correction and the possibility of adding dictionaries of different languages.
Allows recording and execution of macros. You can work with two synchronized files in the same view.
Accepts the addition of plugins and because of that an unlimited number of functions can be added.

I have had some problems with the use of the Spanish dictionary, which is installed separately.
It has an ASCII character panel, but it would be nice if it natively included a more complete UNICODE character map.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great document editor and search tool

Bewertet am 23.12.2021

This replaced my previous paid editor, great tool, fast and useful.

This replaced my previous paid editor, great tool, fast and useful.

Sometimes you have to edit a really large file, and nothing else will open it, well Notepad++ will. I had documents that my previous text editor just couldn't handle [well not without a lot of waiting and screaming], Notepad++ handles them with ease. I use it as a task management tool as well as an easy text editor. Also Windows doesn't always search all files when you do a search, you can use Notepad++ to do a complete search of a folder/s to find text in files.

Not the prettiest of editors, but fully featured, and updates itself when needed.

John
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Best Text and Source Code Editor on Windows

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

This is a great program, and well written. It's actually further elevated, in my opinion, by the fact that it is donation based software. It's really great, but even if you don't donate you still get to use the full features he's put into it. This to me underscores the confidence the author of the program has in the program he's written, and let's the quality of it be a testament unto itself.

Supports colorized syntax features for multiple languages, including Python, Pearl, R, C++, HTML, Java, etc. This really makes it easy to find your way through various code. Moreover, it's not just for source code. It supports a very versatile find/replace (including RegEx support) feature that makes sorting through various text sequences very easy. Even working with nucleotide or amino acid sequences is easy, and easily facilitates putting together FASTA files for use in other software to do alignments.

This is really great software that does a lot for programming purposes. It would be nice to see it compliment though more of the bioinformatics side by adding the color scheming for nucleotide/amino acid characters. As an example "A, T, G, C" would be a standard color, but ambiguous bases could be different sets of colors As an example, it would be nice to see "R" which is the ambiguous base code for purines (G, A), or "Y" for pyrimidines (T, C) which could be other individual colors themselves. This way, in a string of text: ATGGGCGGATGTATTACCAYG, all the regular bases would be color blue, but the "Y" could be orange and would stand out from the rest of the text. I find that color schemes that color amino acids by polarity/acidity to sometimes be a bit of eye-clutter on screen, but others might find this feature very useful as well.

Géovanny
Géovanny
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Notepad++ an essential text editor

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

I find Notepad++ very convenient for several reasons:It is free, so I can use it without spending money.It is versatile and supports many programming languages, so I can use it for different projects.It's lightweight and runs fast, even on my old computer.The user interface is customizable, so I can adjust it to my preferences.It offers handy features such as text search and replace, syntax highlighting, etc.It supports plugins, which means I can add additional features if needed.There is also a portable version that I can use from a USB stick, which is very handy when I am working on different computers.For all these reasons, Notepad++ is my favorite text editor and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and convenient text editor.

I find Notepad++ to be a very useful text editor, but it also has some drawbacks. Here are the ones I've noticed:It can crash from time to time, especially if I'm working on large files.It lacks some advanced features, like built-in debugging for more advanced programming languages.The user interface can seem a bit dated and less intuitive than some other text editors.Even though the user interface is customizable, it can take some time to configure it to my preferences.However, the advantages of Notepad++ are numerous and the disadvantages minor. All in all, I find it an excellent tool for editing text and code, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a simple and reliable text editor.

Gordon
  • Branche: Bankwesen

A popular open-source text and source code editor for Windows Operating System

Bewertet am 27.7.2023

Overal, Notepad++ is a great tool for text editing. If you are windows user and are looking for a fast and lightweight text editor to work with, then Notepad++ is what you are looking for.

Notepad++ supports almost all the popular programming languages including SQL. It is generally lightweight and light. You can install it and get it working in minutes and it doesn't consume a lot of your computer resources. It provides the functionality of Syntax highlighting something that make it enjoyable to code as it helps in trouble shooting and catching errors. One of my favorite aspects of Notepad ++ is its ability to split the interface into multiple views to help you do side by side editing. I also love the search and replace feature. This feature is a big deal because not all text editors come with it. It helps me quickly find a specific piece of code and replace it with another. These speeds up my work. Another helpful feature of Notepad++ is the auto-complete suggestions which are such a time saver and help you reduce errors.

1. Notepad++ is only available in windows operating system. 2. Another con is that Notepad++ is a stand alone application and therefore it doesn't offer realtime collaboration options possibility. I mostly use it for my own personal projects which do not require me to collaborate with someone.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

“A wonderful text editor which achieves enormous tasks”

Bewertet am 26.4.2020

As a university student, I use the Notepad++ software to edit my codes as it supports a wide variety of programming languages. I am so excited about the awesome features that it has held and I like its user interface which is entirely customizable. In my opinion, it is an amazing text editor that I ever used!

I have been using this software for about four years and I use this Notepad++ software daily to edit my scripts immediately and to edit some parts of my codes that I have done. I noticed that it supports a lot of programming languages which makes me easy to edit my codes which are from different programming languages such as C++, C, Python, and HTML. One of the features I love most in this Notepad++ software is its autosaving facility while I’m working. It is very essential as when there is a power failure for a long period or unwittingly closes this app. Hence because of this feature, I could continue my work where I have stopped without getting stress. Notepad++ consists of multiple tabs and it is easy and free to use which saves my time a lot. It has a syntax highlighting facility which helps me a lot to identify especially the errors and strings of my code. It saves my internal storage as it does not use much amount of storage. Notepad++ software has many different plugins and supports for macros too. I love the exceptional features accommodate in this Notepad++ software and I recommend this software to use u all.

Notepad++ software is unable to open files which are usually larger than 50MB and I noticed that it is lagging when these files are opening in this software. I hope in the future this software could use for Linux and Mac users too, as it is now only accessible for MS Windows users. I think it is better to have a modern style which senses like it is a late version. Other than these I didn’t notice many cons of this software.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The first and probably only text editor you need

Bewertet am 31.7.2020

Chances are that when you were learning to code you would have used either the generic notepad or Notepad++. Notepad++ has been the default for most newcomers and professionals. Although there are superior alternatives nothing can beat the speed and simplicity you can get from Notepad++. I can't stress enough how much its a create starting point. Beginners can create simple files that can be ran in a CLi and results are instant. When I am doing tutorials I make my students use Notepad++ before they even see an IDE. I mostly find myself using it when I tired of using other programs I use. Sure most personal computers as fast enough that even the slowest IDE opens pretty fast but there are some file types where its easier just to open Notepad++ edit and I'm out.

Its barebones and provides the most basic coding functionality. It recognizes different languages and attempts to color code their respective elements. It launches fast, loads files very fast and saves very fast. It barely uses Ram so you can leave it open while working with other software. It also has various plugins that can add new features.

Notepad++ is not an IDE so while it can recognize different languages there are no error detection features or code formatting out of the box. There a lot of free text editors that are superior to Notepad++. The barebones nature might not be for everyone. Especially coders who rely on "quality of life" features. Also, it has a very classic look that might put off those who use newer text editors.