SafeShare.tv Erfahrungen

SafeShare.tv

Software für Einrichtungen des primären und sekundären Bildungsbereichs und Webmaster

(1.718)

Sortieren nach

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for watching videos without ads!

Bewertet am 27.6.2019

I am enjoying the use of Safe Share because it gives me piece of mind when my students are watching videos. They are not able to see inappropriate things or click on extra things that pop up.

I like the fact that I can link a You Tube video for my students to watch and do not have to worry about inappropriate content popping up.

I do not have any negative things to say.

Liz
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

My View of Christian Video Accessibility and Quality

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

The benefits are numerous, but I think the quality of what I download and the ease at which I can do this, would have to be the most important to me. My fear is that each year the price will go up. If that happens, then at some point I will have to stop using this site, and find one that is more affordable.

What I like most about the Safe Share site is the ease I have at downloading any video I need for my Religion Classes. I am a Catholic School Teacher of 3rd Graders. I begin each of Religion classes with Christian Music Video. But I also download clips from Religion Movies that correspond with my Religion Lesson. Once I have downloaded the video I have easy access to import these videos in each of my Religion lessons. I don't have to worry about the students seeing inappropriate content. By downloading these ahead of time I don't risk that ever happening.

I don't like that fact that I have to pay for this service. As a Catholic School Teacher I pay for this site out of my own pocket, because I don't work for a school that has money to spend to things like this. But, because of the importance of this in my Religion lessons, I spend my own money each month to assure that I show quality videos.

Amy

Disappointed

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

Terrible. Biggest mistake was getting a membership. Best decision was when I cancelled & stopped using QR codes!!

I enjoyed creating codes when there wasn’t a membership. I wasted my money paying for my codes when they ALL stopped working. I really liked cancelling this service that didn’t work.

I had to update over 500 codes when SafeShare changed their site. Even when I did ALL the updates the codes were still not working & I continued to have multiple problems scanning them. I finally had to get rid of all of them. When it was free to create codes it was easy and user friendly. I wish I never created QR codes on this site. I Would never recommend SafeShare to anyone in education. I wasted money on SafeShare. :( DO NOT buy any membership here!

Tracey

Great for educators

Bewertet am 21.6.2019

I have been using safeshare.tv for years. This is the first year I had to purchase it. I asked my parent-teacher organation to cover the cost. As a third grade teacher, I want to avoid unseemly, uninvited, distracting advertisements from popping up while showing video clips to my students in class or sharing them to be viewed at home. Safeshare.tv is an excellent resource to ensure my students' safety and innocence.

I love safeshare.tv because I can share videos with my students without all of the pop-ups, advertisement, and links to other distracting (and sometimes inappropriate) enticements that are on the Youtube.com site.

Safeshare.tv just started charging for their services the past academic school year. Prior to that, it had been a free service. I feel that, as an educator, the price is pretty steep. I would not have been able to cover the cost if my local parent-teacher organization hadn't agreed to cover the cost this year. I don't know if they will continue to be so generous in the future. I feel you should look into the cost for educators. Furthermore, I was very disappointed that, even after upgrading to the paid plan, all of my previous videos had to be redone. I had links embedded in power point and other education media as well as my classroom website. I had to go in and update every single one of my links manually. What a pain! I felt this was poor customer service and thanks for long-time customers. You should look into ways to remedy that if you want to retain customers.

Barbara

Safe Learning Made Easy

Bewertet am 21.3.2020

Overall, I would still recommend SafeShare.tv especially for educational use (parents would like it too if they don't mind paying the yearly subscription). My school does pay the annual subscription so that I can make unlimited safeshare links for my online planbook each school year. This is especially helpful when trying to use learning videos, read aloud storybooks or other online material with students. I simply attached the safeshare link directly into my content. I don't have to worry about inappropriate commercials/ads showing up in the middle of my young students viewing learning materials.

SafeShare.tv allows users (great for teachers) to remove the annoying ads that pop up during computer use when viewing media content online. It makes safe viewing so easy - it converts a media link to a safeshare.tv link (no ads) that can be quickly saved then shared. It stores the media links on the dashboard for future usage.

Safeshare.tv could do a better job with cataloging all the video links that are saved on the dashboard. I would like to see them offer "folders" or other organizational tools to "file" all of the videos/learning links that I've accumulated over time. Users need to be able to create/edit this "folders" (e.g for teachers math, science, reading). For parents (e.g. how to videos, storybooks, recipe links). Right now, safeshare offers a general search tool which may or may not find the video link you may be looking for in the search.

Chrisi
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Using SafeShare.tv and E-Learning

Bewertet am 3.7.2019

My experience has been excellent. It has been a game changer as an educator. I no longer have to panic or feel hesitant on using video links. Prior to using SafeShare.tv, I was always worried about things popping up such as ads. Now, I can use more technology for

The best thing is that it removes all ads and distractions for educational purposes.
My students are not distracted by other links and I, as an educator, do not have to worry about other content or pop up ads being displayed.

Honestly, I have not had any dislikes on this software. I have shared it out with my team of teachers as well as other educators and administrators in my same field.

Mindy

Great way to be safe!

Bewertet am 7.7.2019

SafeShare has allowed me to help my students be more engaged in learning through the use of educational videos that are easily saved, cut, and accessed throughout the school day.

SafeShare allows you to share Youtube and other videos with children without inappropriate adds popping up. I use a lot of short videos to help with transitions in my first grade classroom. Through the use of SafeShare, I am able to put safe links in a document that allow me to quickly pull up these videos. When you create a link, it is saved on you dashboard so that you can access it later. I also like that I am able to quickly cut the beginning and ending off of the videos if they contain advertisements or information that I do not need.

I am only allowed to save 20 SafeShare videos. This means that I have to delete the ones I am not currently using to make room for the ones that I need.

Alexa
  • Branche: Bildende Kunst

Safe Share Keeps Me From Pulling Out My Hair

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

I sincerely enjoy how simple it is to use when plugging in a url and I have the options to trim and edit the length of the video I’m sharing. I also love now all of my shares are archived within my account for easy accessibility. I teach art and I have little to no time between classes so this software is incredible at helping keep links organized and ready to go without any worry!

I wish I could have a teacher platinum pass and have unlimited shares to log and archive within my account. I’m constantly playing “eenie-meenie-miney-mo’ “ when giving an older or less relevant video the boot to simply upload and save a current one. It’s hard to limit my shares to 20 or less when I teach grade levels k-5 and almost 700 kids a week. There are just too many quality and impactful clips to help amplify my lesson project not to share!

• Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great but limited

Bewertet am 25.2.2020

Good, but would like greater flexibility. i wish it was more widely accessible.

Good, but would like greater flexibility. i wish it was more widely accessible.

Great way to share videos with my students without ads or inappropriate Youtube comments. It's easy to just copy a Youtube link and paste it in to Safeshare.

Limited to Youtube videos only, other formats not supported. The free version has limited use - now I have exceeded the free amount, they want me to pay.

Kalin
Kalin
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Perfect Safe Youtube Streamer

Bewertet am 17.4.2020

This offers a perfect way to stream Youtube content safely without the risk of popup ads or content interrupting the viewing experience.

This software is very easy to use. All you have to do is take a Youtube video that you want to watch, then copy and paste the link to it into SafeShare.tv. The software will then make sure that the video is played without any additional ads or popup content. Perfect for those times where you want to show a video in class or to kids and don't want to worry about what else might show up alongside it.

The only con about the software is that it is so basic. All it really is is a website with a place to copy and place a link. I guess this is considered a con, although I suppose I don't know what else needs to be added. It does what it is supposed to do perfectly, but if you are looking for any other features, there isn't much to talk about.

Stephanie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Creates Safe Videos

Bewertet am 18.3.2022

SafeShare has helped me to monitor what students are seeing when I send them videos. It also allows video sharing that is permitted through the school filters (YouTube is blocked in many schools).

I love that SafeShare allows teachers to show videos without worrying about unwanted ads. It is also useful to be able to clip a video to show only a desired portion. It is an easy way to share videos with students while helping to limit unwanted ad distractions.

SafeShare recently limited the number of SafeShares that you are allowed with the free version. I used to use SafeShare everytime I wanted to show a video, but now it is limited.

Maggie

Great for the classroom

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Overall, I am very pleased. I use safeshare almost daily and have recommended it to several colleagues. Customer service has been exceptional. I had a billing issue that was resolved quickly and fairly.

I am an elementary school teacher and this software has been so helpful. I am able to use YouTube content without worry of inappropriate commercials popping up or extra content being visible that may not be something I would want my students to see.

It can be confusing to use at first (especially if you have little computer knowledge). While I can use it just fine, when trying to convince my colleagues to use it, too, it’s confusing. I would also like to see an option to maybe categorize the videos (like these are all for science, these math, etc.). I know you can make a playlist with this, but I think this would make it easier.

Karen

A Must-Have for Educators

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

SafeShare has allowed me to share quality children's books with children. YouTube is full of videos that feature people reading to children. So many children do not have books in their homes or are just not read to in the home environment. The QR code feature in SafeShare brings countless books into children's homes! It has really been a game-changer.

I love that SafeShare allows me to protect my students from inappropriate visual and audio content on YouTube. As a teacher, I value being able to easily adjust the beginning and end points of the content I wish to share with children. YouTube can be a slippery slope for young children to navigate. SafeShare is the filter that keeps my young students on-task when they are online.

I can honestly say that there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Tonya
  • Branche: Design
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Unanswered Questions

Bewertet am 9.7.2019

One of the few sites I have found to remove the sidebar and ads from YouTube videos which is an absolute must for teachers and students.

Removal of ads during viewing in the educational setting.

I am uncertain of a few things that I would like to be aware of and have questions about.
1. Are my QR codes still viewable by others if I stop my subscription?
2. Many Youtube video creators make money from their ads. Teachers have a high ethical and moral line they don't like to cross. When using Safeshare, how does that affect the video creators when we remove the ads through Safeshare? Are we cheating them out of what is rightfully theirs?
3. Do end users have to have an account to view the QR codes or does the QR creator only have to have the account to create the QR code? Hope that makes sense. Then back to question 1. What happens if at some point my subscription stops? Do my QR codes stop working?

Leslie

A Classroom Must

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Safeshare is something that I rely heavily on in my classroom. It has changed my teaching style to be more in touch with my students.

I would organize my daily links for classroom viewing. For each class, I would play, pause, discuss in the same fluid way with no fumbling for links to pull up and work, and the assurance that there would be no commercial interruptions. Plus the freedom to use a portion of the video and not the whole thing was marvelous!

If I wanted the same link to play at the beginning of the lesson and at the end of the lesson, I would have to create two safeshares instead of being able to use it twice. That was the biggest problem when I was editing the safeshare down to a certain clip.

Clara

A Must for the Classroom

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

SafeShare has been an invaluable resource for my classroom. The peace of mind it affords me is amazing.

Safe Share is a must for every classroom. Particularly, younger classrooms. As a teacher, I want to be able to play engaging *short* clips and videos to get my class engaged and excited about the content. I do not, however, want to have to worry about the ads that may pop up when I press play.

Safeshare makes it possible to not have to worry! No ads, and safe viewing! A win!

Unfortunately, there is a cap as to how many 'safe videos' you can have saved to your account. However, I didn't use this feature often enough for it to be a big issue.

Jackie

LOVE Safeshare

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Keeps unwanted inappropriate ads from being seen that you tube and other websites allow. It really is SAFE!

- Safeshare is very easy to navigate and learn how to use. This is a real life saver when it comes to being a busy teacher with little time to learn a new program.
-It is appealing to the eye and not cluttered up with so much that you don’t know where to find what you need.
- IT WORKS! No need to worry about unwanted or inappropriate ads starting before or after your video.
- It allows you to save your videos for years. The link may not work any more, but it helps you remember what you used with a picture, and you can refresh the link and resave it.
- It allows for a pretty large view list to be saved even at the basic level (premium is offered for more options).
- Dependability— ALWAYS UP AND RUNNING

I HAVE NONE! I truly have not come across anything that didn’t satisfy me!

Awilda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great resource for safe viewing!

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

I have shared this site with many teachers who thank me for keeping their students focused and safe. It’s a great asset and safeguard.

It allows me to upload videos safely from YouTube without all the ads or additional recommended videos that come with a direct link to YouTube. I can time it specifically for a set of minutes and it helps children stay safe and focused on one video.

I wish there wasn’t a limit to the amount of videos I can upload for free. I work at a technology driven district and videos are a daily part of my instruction. Removing the limit would allow me to save and refer to videos from unit of curriculum to another.

Carole

LOVE this app!

Bewertet am 21.6.2019

Quick, easy ability to safely share videos with my class.

Quick, easy ability to safely share videos with my class.

As a teacher, I use Safeshare on a daily basis. It is absolutely wonderful to have a way to show YouTube content to my class without annoying (and often inappropriate) ads! I also appreciate that students can't see the other available videos that show up when choosing the right one. Creating SafeShares is quuck and easy as well. The ability to create playlists has saved me tons of time, and is the main reason I pay for the subscription.

The cost is a bit high. I would like it better if it was just a flat yearly fee closer to $25.

Sasha

Great for the classroom

Bewertet am 13.11.2019

Being able access a variety of videos without having to worry about ads has been amazing. The time we spend trying to skip ads has been now put back into the classroom:

Safeshare.tv makes it easier for me and the other teacher in the classroom. Using YouTube for my classroom came with a lot of difficulties because inappropriate ads would pop up and caused disruption in the classroom and now I don’t have to worry about that.

What I liked least was having to renter password after maybe 15 minutes of being logged in because we were letting a video play. It maybe something with my computer on my end.

Nicole
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

Must have for educators

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

I love being able to share videos from YouTube safely with my students. Even when I verify a video is safe, students at times unintentionally (or not) navigate away from the original video and could be exposed to unapproved content. SafeShare helps prevent this. I also love how I can edit the start/end times, as I often don’t need the entire video.

Unfortunately, SafeShare does tend to act a little wonky on older iPad gens as well as our Promethean ActivPanel (android iOS), but it’s not enough to rate SafeShare any less than 5 stars.

Adrienne
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for teachers

Bewertet am 23.6.2019

There are so many great video resources on YouTube that enhance classroom lessons. Teachers create and use videos to appeal to their visual learners. However, YouTube is an unreliable platform for young learners. The advertisements and video recommendations that come on the screen can be distracting and inappropriate. SafeShare removes those obstacles. Without SafeShare, I would not be able to use many valuable video resources I have found over the years.

I don’t have any problems or issues with SafeShare.

Robert

Amazing Tech Tool for Elementary

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

My experience has been nothing but positive and I personally use this tool on a daily basis. I highly recommend for every educator to use tool when sharing a video with students, especially at the elementary level.

SafeShare.tv enables my elementary students to view videos I select in a safe environment. I also love that it’s intuitive for educators to use and it’s compatible with Seesaw.

I guess the only downfall would be the free version has very limited space to store videos for future reference. I wish educators could get more space to save their videos.

Elizabeth

Great tool for teachers

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

It’s also great to save videos you’d like to return to at a later time or use all of the time. I use it for quiet music in my classroom.

Safe, distraction- and ad- free way to display videos or share videos via a link. Students can focus on a video instead of everything else on the screen that they’d normally see on YouTube (let’s face it- there’s plenty of distracting and inappropriate content there!)

Requires frequent sign-in when I use it daily in my classroom and don’t need to waste time signing in daily.

Christine
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Worth it!

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

Used for many years as a teacher and knew it was worth the money to purchase. I have over 100 videos cleaned and ready to use throughout the year with my students. It takes away the unknowing anxiety of what could pop up.

I love that this software takes away questionable and unpredictable content from any videos I need. It is also fairly easy to link these videos for future use.

Trying to navigate all of your videos is a bit difficult. They don't always pop up in the most recent order, but there is a search function for this.