TaxDome

4,7 (3.047)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Steuerpraxis-Management-Software für Buchhalter und zertifizierte öffentliche Wirtschaftsprüfer

(3.047)

Sehr gute Software für die Steuererklärung zumindeset für private Nutzung

Bewertet am 23.4.2023

Sehr gute Software für die Buchhaltung und Steuer Themen

Sehr gute Software für die Buchhaltung und Steuer Themen

Die Buchhaltung und Steuererklärung ist schon super. Also ist schon alles einfach dargestellt.

Für die neue Rechnungen gibt es gar keine Probleme. Aber manche alte Rechnungen könnten nicht importiert werden. Sonst finde ich alles super

Jasmina

Mark
Mark

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Bewertet am 9.6.2021

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Russell
Russell

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Antwort von TaxDome

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email (success@taxdome.com) if you have other questions.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great in theory; not in practice

Bewertet am 28.10.2023

Would not recommend it.
In concept, I think TaxDome could be a great product, but it seems like...

Would not recommend it.
In concept, I think TaxDome could be a great product, but it seems like they don't get the user experience and the workflow of actual accountants. I wish as they were developing their features they would jump on calls with clients and observe how they expected the feature to work and make the according changes. I am very tech saavy, but so many of their features are just so unnecessarily cumbersome or don't do what we need them to.

They are constantly making updates. The client portal is a much cleaner experience then the software we moved from. Customer service is responsive (even if not always helpful; see cons). I like being able to send clients messages and task lists - that is very helpful.

Customer service is VERY responsive, but they often seem to misunderstand what we are asking. They will propose solutions and workarounds that don't solve the problem we are describing.

There is a very active feedback board that seldom gets comments and updates about where certain features are in the pipeline. As soon as you suggest a feature it's put in the "under review" category but some features have hundreds of votes and have been "under review" for over a year with no comment from TD.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

SmartVault was difficult for clients to navigate; their "Request Docs" had a lot of bugs.

Hi there!
Thank you very much for your review. Our product team would love to hop on the phone with you and see how we can make the platform work better for you and understand your pain points.
Your name isn't visible on the review so can you please send an email to success@taxdome.com? We'll make sure it's handled right away.
Thank you!

Isaac
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The Creative and Accurate Accounting Solution

Bewertet am 9.4.2024

TaxDome has dynamic accounting solutions, that makes the computation of tax suitable.

TaxDome includes all the taxation management features that helps companies comply.

TaxDome has appropriate tax and accounting assistance.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TaxDome! We're glad to hear that you find our platform to be a creative and accurate solution. Your feedback about the dynamic accounting solutions and suitability in tax computation is greatly appreciated.

We strive to provide comprehensive tax and accounting assistance, and we're always working to improve our services. Thank you again for your review and for choosing TaxDome!

Tim

New to TaxDome

Bewertet am 3.11.2023

We researched a number of practice management packages but ultimately decided to go with TaxDome due to the number of features it contains, and all its functionality is available to the Pro subscription with unlimited clients, unlike others that increase pricing for certain functionality or when you exceed a certain number of clients. We have not fully implemented yet, so our opinions are based on our experience so far and the research we have done, but we like the portal functionality, the fact that clients can use their mobile devices to upload documents to or view the portal, the integrated e-signatures, and the ability to lock drafts until payment is received.

During our research, the most-often cited con with TaxDome was the complexity in implementing the system. I would have to agree with this. I think part of the complexity is because of the extreme flexibility and customability of the program. There are numerous videos and help topics available, far more than the other programs we researched. We wish that some of the best practices in setting up things like accounts and contacts were more available, as when you are setting up the program you don't always understand the downstream implications until you get to that part. I think once we work through the heavy lifting of setting up and customizing the program to meet our needs, it will be invaluable to improving the efficiency and technology our firm employs, especially with respect to automation.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The Thomson Reuters CS Suite (Practice CS practice management, NetClient CS portals, FileCabinet CS document management) are clearly legacy products and not where Thomson Reuters is focusing their R&D and future roadmap. However their new offerings are not ready for prime time, and their legacy products lack modern technology (like robust mobile apps and automation). This forced us to look outside the TR ecosystem, and we also wanted to be free to switch tax programs in the future if we chose to do so (we are currently using UltraTax CS, another legacy program).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

We felt it had the best feature set and pricing structure.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you like TaxDome because of our number of features, functionality, and pricing. We are glad that you like our portal functionality, mobile device compatibility, integrated e-signatures, and payment locking features. We hope that these features will help you provide better service to your clients and improve your processes.

We understand that it can be overwhelming to set up and customize a program that has so many options and possibilities. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our user experience and provide more guidance and support for our users. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also check out our TaxDome Academy.

Aaron

New User with high expectations

Bewertet am 29.10.2023

So far the free trial has been a good amount of time to put TaxDome through the paces with a handful of actual clients. The integration with Zapier has also been key to help easily integrate the tech stack.

I like the front-end client experience. I've had several compliments on the ease of the client portal and the ease of uploading documents.

I wish CPA Charge worked with the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature.

The need for automation.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

The number of integrated features really helps replace at least half of the tech stack I was originally thinking of incorporating in my initial designs. I'm so glad I gave TaxDome a try first!

Antwort von TaxDome

Hello, Aaron! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience during the free trial. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a good amount of time to thoroughly test TaxDome with actual clients! We appreciate your positive feedback on the ease of the client portal and document uploading.
Regarding your feedback on CPA Charge and the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature, we value your input. We'll take this into consideration as we work on future updates to enhance the functionality and compatibility of our features.If you have any further suggestions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out.

Amy

TaxDome - CRM-Practice management for all

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

Positive so far. I need to work on the processes so I can build my pipelines and my workflows.

Easier for clients to access and upload documents

I have only had one complaint, about uploading documents in the desktop upload folder. The dev team jumped right on it and should have it fixed soon!

Canopy und Rever

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Easier to use, better interface for clients. Easier for the client to use.

Rever

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Cost and ease of use by clients. Tax Dome gave me more for my money!
Jennifer

highly recommend

Bewertet am 10.10.2023

TaxDome is great we love the client portal feature along with the clients being able to sign things online without having to exit the client portal and sending the documents through another service. We also love that we can bill our clients using TaxDome.

It is user friendly and everything we need is all in one.

We are excited to try out the SMS feature that is in the works.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The features we are looking for are all in one.

Adobe Acrobat

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

How user friendly it was

Antwort von TaxDome

Hello, Jennifer, thanks a lot for the awesome feedback! We're thrilled that you're loving the client portal, e-signing, and billing features—all in one place. It means a lot to us!
As for the SMS feature, we're just as excited as you are! We can't wait to hear about your experience once it's ready. If there's anything else you'd like to share or any way we can make your TaxDome experience even better, feel free to let us know. Wishing you a great day!

Colleen

Excellent onboarding

Bewertet am 8.11.2023

Amazing onboarding, user experience is top notch, tons of customizable features, great price

That is is so many products in one and is clearly staying up to date with new features

That there's so much to learn and tinker with, I'm not sure I'll be able to roll out complete pipelines and task automations before I start transitioning clients to the new platform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Cost, TD had more features, proposals, billing

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are thrilled to hear that you appreciate our many features. We aim to provide the most comprehensive and up-to-date solution for your tax practice, and we value your feedback. We are glad that you found our system useful and effective for your business.

We also understand your concern about the learning curve and the time required to set up and customize our system. We know that it can be overwhelming to learn at the beginning. We want to assure you that we are here to help you and guide you along the way.

We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also find us on Youtube and Facebook, and you can check out our TaxDome Academy.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Susan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best ease of use and value!

Bewertet am 3.10.2023

Overall experience is fabulous!

Overall experience is fabulous!

I like the ease of use for my clients and the templates that are already available.

It takes some getting use to and there seems to be a lot of things to do to get to where you need to be within the software.

Asana

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Canopy was very expensive and customer service was horrible!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Customer service and help was exceptional!

Antwort von TaxDome

Hello Susan, thank you for the feedback – it means a lot to us! It's awesome to hear your clients are pleased with their TaxDome portal, and that you found the templates helpful. We understand it takes a bit to get used to the workflow, but we're always here to help. Don't hesitate to reach out! Wishing you a fantastic day!

Christina
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Not perfect but the closest you'll find out there right now and constantly improving

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

I have been looking for something like TaxDome for years as a fully remote preparer and no one offers a comparable program and I feel it is priced extremely well. I felt like a kid on Christmas when I discovered it and couldn't wait to sign up and it has lived up to my expectation. It's not perfect but what I think makes it valuable is their request feature and transparent development. Knowing that someone is working to improve a product definitely affects your opinions on the current version. I would prefer that to a product that is never going to change and you have to adapt to.

It's well designed for tax professionals and know which features we need accessible to us in one place. I was able to replace 4 other vendors immediately with the potential to replace 2 more as they add additional features. I turned off my email notifications and now I just login to TaxDome when I'm ready to work and everything is in one place and I'm not overwhelmed and distracted by emails. I thoroughly enjoy working within the platform as I can stay in one place and get a lot done without skipping around in various programs. I love to work from the client's page because I can see everything I need for them in on place while I'm working on their return. While there is a learning curve for clients that can't be avoided, the feedback from my clients is very positive. I have always been a remote preparer so that is nothing new for me or for them, but they do like this new platform after years of me trying to find the best fit. The customer service is unmatched. They really want to hear from you and help you and the amount of additional help they offer outside of the norm at no additional charge is unheard of. I love the template and automation features in TaxDome. I feel like I can stay connected with my clients more easily and it saves manual work which is always the goal!

There is definitely room for improvement and I'll note them in cons but I want to preface by saying that I wouldn't consider them a con against deciding to use the application. The benefits far outway the issues and, most importantly, they are constantly adding new features and improvements and are very transparent about it which is great as a user because you know they care what you want and are actively working on it. It also helps you plan for future improvements. For example, the current organizer doesn't have conditional logic but it's being developed. I'm waiting for that to be available as well as other organizer improvements to move my organizer into TaxDome. The billing feature leaves a LOT to be desired and I debated keeping my outside vendor for billing because of it but, again, they already have one improvement in the works and I have faith they'll listen to other ideas for future improvement. It's the one piece that I feel like was quickly added in to make it available which is appreciated but it really needs a lot of TLC to make it appropriate and professional enough for our industry. The billing section is my only real complaint. They also really need to update the word contact to engagement letter to be more industry-appropriate but I've seen it requested by many so I'm hoping they update that soon.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you so much for the great feedback Christina! We are happy to know that you are satisfied with TaxDome and we greatly appreciate any suggestions for features, any way we can help you with your practice. Keep them coming and you can submit them using this link: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Patricia
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great but ready for improvements.

Bewertet am 10.6.2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Canopy , Jetpack Workflow , ClickUp und Asana

Price for features.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Bewertet am 30.7.2021

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Braddock

Great Value for all the Features

Bewertet am 30.12.2021

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Dale
Dale

Great for small practices

Bewertet am 5.2.2022

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Aurielle

TaxDome Review

Bewertet am 11.7.2022

TaxDome has improved our overall client communication and organization. However, I believe we could further refine our processes and procedures with my previous suggestions.

I like the customizable pipelines and email templates and client management options.

All of the notifications during tax season produced too much clutter. I would like to be able to customize whether I see only emails to me in notifications or if I see emails to all colleagues. I would like to be able to pull a list of contacts AND households all in one list with email addresses included. I would like to be able to set up multiple cadences of tasks/automations within one pipleline. I would like to have sections of pipelines so that we can filter down by Tax pipelines/bookkeeping pipelines. I would like to be able to send recurring emails without having to set up an entire pipeline to do so. I would like to be able to customize invoice cadences on the invoice screen instead of having to stick to a particular date in the pipelines. I would like contracts to be more customizable similar to docusign.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

I was not with the company when Intuit Practice Management was used, but I recall complaints of too much clutter in the software and it not being useful enough to warrant paying for the service.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Pricing, ability to include multiple signatures on one contract, ability to send contracts to all clients at once.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you, Aurielle. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Please know that our development team is constantly working on the improvement of our software.
Your suggestions are precious to us, and we would like to inform that we have a board for sharing ideas and requesting features for our paying subscribers.
Please submit your requests to our Feature Request Board, and let them be upvoted. There are already some existing requests regarding the suggestions you made.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything else, please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Tax Dome helped us handle enough business to get our own office

Bewertet am 3.10.2022

Our overall experience with TD has been fantastic. We were able to triple our business within the first year of us using it.

There were three accountants (partners) when we first started this business and we were working out of bedrooms and coffee shops. The only reason that was happening was because we spent 70% of our time just tracking our servicing progress for each client under each different partner. Once we found Tax Dome and moved our client success processes from Trello, Clickup, excel, and other management softwares, we were able to handle significantly more clients with this time. Our absolute favorite feature is pipeline's and being able to automate engagement letters, send invoices, and organizers to collect data.

Features I least like that are within TaxDome is the inbox+ and template (& tag) management. Inbox+ won't show the correct preview text for a notification- meaning a notification would pop up saying a client messaged us, however, the notification was triggered because I myself sent a response message. And for notifications that are actually from clients messaging us will never be properly previewed in inbox+.

Template (& tag) management can be greatly improved. When I first started using TD, I created templates for EVERYTHING. Now I use perhaps half of them yet I have not deleted the ones that are not in use simply because I do not know what templates are actually being used in a pipeline.

Externally from TaxDome, my least favorite part of it is its inability to integrate with other software such as Zapier, google sheets, and more.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you, Jeffrey. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy that TaxDome made the whole process easier for you and your partners. The pipelines save a lot of time and effort so that you can focus on new clients.
As for the notifications, you should receive notifications only for new messages and replies from clients, and the team members will get notifications for replies from the firm owner, but there should be no notifications for your own replies.
Please reach out to our support team so that they can check on this.
For the other parts you dislike, I would like to refer you to the Feature Request Board that we have for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. We would appreciate if you could share your ideas on how to improve.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to do so.

Dustin

Good Software

Bewertet am 17.5.2023

Good so far. Just ended our free trial.

Good so far. Just ended our free trial.

I like the pipelines and automation. That is going to help us streamline our processes.

I would really like a more robust time budgeting and time tracking function. I really want my employees to be able to see the expected time budget on each job and the progress towards that as work is performed so they can be aware of it as they work and for the Partners and Managers to be able to report on time v budget easily.And honestly, the name as a turn off. The name Tax Dome made us feel this was a solution for tax only. Tax is only 20% of our firms revenue so we almost didn't look at it.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

JetPack was no longer meeting our needs.

Jetpack Workflow

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Honestly, neither product was perfect. Each had features unique to them that we loved and wished we could marry the two for the perfect solution. However, Tax Dome was closer to perfect and have a track record of pushing out features faster. So we felt in the long run TD will get to perfect faster.

Hello Dustin!

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your positive remarks regarding our pipelines and automation features, which have helped streamline your processes. We understand the importance of efficiency and optimization in your day-to-day operations.

We also acknowledge your desire for a more robust time budgeting and tracking function. We understand the need for accurate time budgeting and the ability to track progress against those budgets in real-time. This information is crucial for employees to stay informed while working on projects and for partners and managers to report on time versus budget easily. We are constantly working on enhancing our platform, and your suggestion regarding time budgeting and tracking will be taken into serious consideration as we plan future updates and improvements.

If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests

Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to continuously improve our platform and meet the evolving needs of our users. We genuinely appreciate your candid feedback, and we encourage you to reach out to our support team with any further suggestions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Marinett
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Tools for moving to your next level

Bewertet am 19.6.2023

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

I can onboard tons of clients at the same time with: Security, document storage, workflow, auto-task.

I would like to have Quickbooks payment integration

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

My business grows and I need a tool to support it.

Zapier , Trello und Microsoft Word

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Taxdome was very clear and open about price and features. You tube videos showed me in deep the product. Whit others, all was about general 3 minutes videos and asked me to pay more and more and more for adding more features. Taxdome is all included, no hidden prices, no hidden features

Hello Marinett,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Have a wonderful day!

Zokpia
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

This will revolutionize my firm

Bewertet am 30.6.2023

There is a lot of set-up involved, and it can be daunting. However, I am eager for the day when I everything is set up and fine tuned to streamline my whole business.

I like the automation capabilities, and the fact that I can put a deliverable behind a paywall. Also, embedded organizers, engagements letters, and signatures...game changer. All at a reasonable price!

I wish I could have enable progress billing on an account. I require a 60% deposit from my clients to begin work, so it would nice if I can automate the 1st bill (60% of the total), then the 2nd bill (Remaining 40%).

Ignition

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Very little automations with task statuses, and none for email communication or requests for clients. The tracking process is so manual. Honestly, I could've used excel and only have a minor drop-off.

Jetpack Workflow

Hello Zokpia

Have a wonderful day!

Darren

TaxDome Replaces DropBox, Secure Portal Exchange, and CRM

Bewertet am 5.8.2023

Overall, its been a great experience. I love the fact their is a white glove on-boarding process which has been extremely helpful to my firm to help me understand the Tax Dome system and features a lot better. I would definitely recommend this software to my tax pro and accountant colleagues.

I love the fact that TaxDome replaces DropBox, Secure portal for file sharing, and CRM. TaxDome not brings these three components together, but then you also get a client portal, workflow management tool, automations with your workflows.

Like any new system, there is an implementation and adjustment period. This isn't really con, but it would be the only pain point, but totally worth the time spending on implementing and adjusting to the tax dome system.

Hi Darren!

Thank you for your insightful review of TaxDome! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the multitude of benefits it brings to your workflow. The integration of file sharing, a secure portal, and CRM functionality sounds like a game-changer.

It's impressive how TaxDome combines these essential components into one cohesive platform, along with added features like a client portal and workflow management tools. The inclusion of workflow automations further streamlines your processes, saving you time and effort.

Regarding the implementation and adjustment period, your perspective is valuable. It's quite common for new systems to require a bit of time to adapt to, but it's reassuring to hear that you view it more as a transitional phase than a true con. Your positive attitude toward investing time in learning and acclimating to the TaxDome system highlights the long-term value it provides.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Cindy

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Antwort von TaxDome

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us (success@taxdome.com) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

Brian
Brian

Great Product

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Still working on deployment but overall I am very excited and grateful that this team exists. Our industry needs people that care about accountants as customers instead of profit vessels. This is the first company in a really long time that I feel actually gets it and is putting their customer before their profits. They are actually providing a ridiculous amount of value.

This system is packed with most things you need to run your practice. I have used most softwares.. They always seem to be missing something that their company things is little but is actually critical. like pdf scanner vs photo taking when getting documents in through the app, or having a recurring task auto populate monthly for something such as sales tax filing. It seems as though TaxDome really understands their customer and I think these other platforms better watch out..... This company is coming to eat their lunch.

Deployment for sure. A product as feature dense as taxdome is sure to come with a lenthy rollout but I think it can be done much better..first TaxDome gives you multiple ways to get things set up. good thing is it appeals to different peoples way of doing things i guess but the bad part is that it adds complexity to an already overwhelming deployment experience. While they have great customer service, there def isnt enough time. I think this is something the company is probably working on while they are scaling im sure.A suggestion would be to instead of sending a client a deployment checklist, send them to a path of videos walking them through a checklist that is on the same page.Have the chat direct them there until that process is finished then bombard them with messages.Have them do that to complete all of the basics than have a mandatory more than 45 minute customer service call.I know 45 minutes is already a long time however I think this platform requires someone dedicated for atleast a few hours to really work out the kinks .