TaxDome

Steuerpraxis-Management-Software für Buchhalter und zertifizierte öffentliche Wirtschaftsprüfer

(2.202)

Sortieren nach

Jennifer B.

Worth the learning curve

Bewertet am 29.3.2022

TaxDome is worth the learning curve. It is going to be very powerful in my business. Even if I don't use every feature they offer, the ones I'm already using have already made the switch worth it.

Having a very secure signature feature was the biggest thing. I also like the chat function that includes giving the clients tasks and a to-do list.

There is absolutely a learning curve. I have not done the white glove onboarding yet, so they may help with that, but I am a tech savvy person who loves to learn new software, and I have not found the layout intuitive.

I also wish there was a way to do more scheduled sends/uploads. But my clients will just learn that I sometimes work very odd hours (even if I won't respond to their emails at those times)

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Jennifer, your feedback is valuable to us.

Our suggestion is to definitely book onboarding sessions with our specialists as they could certainly help speed up the learning process.

Our support is completely free and unlimited, and you can book a training session whenever you want simply by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Miata V.

Best Practice Management for Accountants

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

The in-app document management, file storage, and client portal features make client collaboration simple.

I'd like to be able to start a new timer from the task itself or the app header menu. Syncing stripe invoices and subscriptions with contacts based on their email address. Adding an email address to an account record.

Liscio

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

We needed a solution that provided a client portal, had excellent project and task management for internal users, and allowed us to add custom fields for contact and account records unique to our business.

Mavenlink, Intuit Practice Management und Method CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

We have tested a few other platforms but each lacked a key feature we were seeking. We also were not interested in running two platforms at the same time.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the review, Miata. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Our team is constantly working on new features, and updates. We also have a Feature Request Board for our paid subscribers where feature requests can be made, and requests other firms made can be upvoted. The requests with the most upvotes get prioritized.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Have a great day.

Katarina L.

review

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

Still Learning.

The support team the Tax Dome offers is really great and valuable.

Lack of control customization - example is with folders

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you very much, Katarina. Your feedback is valuable to us.

There are certain things that can be customized with the folders, you can create new folders, rename them, create subfolders, and change the privacy level. If you download the TaxDome Desktop application, you will be able to move the folders, do bulk actions and much more.

If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Have a great day.

Christina F.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Liscio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Amber P.

New Tax Dome User

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

I am very pleased overall with Tax Dome. I love that it has the ability to have knowledge based identity verification with the e signatures and the unlimited storage capability. It has taken a few days to transition, but I think I will be very pleased with it.

My favorite thing about Tax Dome is the price of the electronic signatures and the ability to have a client portal as only one user. Most companies require 3-5 users and e signatures cost a significant amount on top of that. It was also easy to import my client list to create the accounts and contacts to immediately have all of my clients there and ready to go.

The user interface is a lot more complicated than I'm used to in a client portal, but some of that is because of all of its capabilities. In the beginning, it is a little more difficult to figure out how to get documents and signature requests to the clients.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Amber. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that it may take some time to get used to our software, but once done, the time will definitely pay off.
We give our best to assist with all questions. We also provide our subscribers with help articles, video tutorials and the TaxDome Academy.

If you need assistance with anything, please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

We wish you a great day.

Myles S.

From HORRIBLE OfficeTools to TaxDome

Bewertet am 21.6.2022

TaxDome has an incredible client portal and consolidated multiple pieces of software into one. We used OfficeTools prior and that program is a diseaster **STAY AWAY FROM OFFICETOOLS**. Clients HATED our OfficeTools portal and it created MORE work for us when consolidated source documents. The eSig function of OfficeTools never worked correctly.

Lastly, OfficeTools ended up being my worst business decision. I stupidly got into a long term contract to get better pricings and I am not abandoning the program and will be paying for it for 2 more years. Checking with my attorney because we tested one version of the client portal and then they released new version a month after we signed up and the new version is HORRIBLE.

No cons. Would be nice if the client portal was more customizable or had dashboards to upload financial information for clients.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hello Myles. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We appreciate it.

Our departments are constantly working on the improvement of our software, creating and implementing new features, and making everything as user-friendly as possible.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where new feature requests can be submitted and existing requests upvoted. Though we can not provide a time frame, I would like to inform that we do have plans for making the interface more customizable in the future.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited.

We wish you a great day.

Summer B.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

TaxDome brings value to our firm

Bewertet am 28.6.2022

TaxDome is one of the best options for accounting firms looking for practice management. It’s scalable and reduces overhead expenses since you are able to eliminate so many other third-party apps managing clients. I highly recommend using TaxDome.

There’s not anything to dislike. If you try it, you will find value in every part of the system.

Citrix ShareFile, FileCloud, Encyro und TitanFile

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Not enough features in SuitDash and required me to have too many third-party apps.

SuiteDash

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Taxdome offers the best value for the cost.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the nice feedback Summer. We highly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our Support is free and unlimited.

Emily W.

Worth the learning curve

Bewertet am 4.6.2022

Interface is great, it keeps client data organized really well. It's nice being able to assign clients to multiple accounts with a single contact card.

There's a learning curve. You have to watch the training videos to understand how to get this software to work as intended. I usually like diving in and experimenting, but figuring out how to make TaxDome work the way I wanted was not intuitive. After watching the videos things made sense but that means you need to set up TaxDome outside of your busy season.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Emily. Your feedback is valuable to us.

There will always be a learning curve for any new software, but the thing that makes us different is that we provide many materials to help and shorten the learning process.

We have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Channel on Youtube with tutorials, we have courses at our TaxDome Academy, and besides this, we offer free and unlimited support.
We also offer screen-sharing sessions where our specialists help with the setup and answer all your questions.

If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know.

Have a wonderful day.

Micah F.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best tax software we've ever used

Bewertet am 18.5.2022

Could not be more pleased with the software so far. Our firm has a somewhat unique onboarding process and TaxDome has been able to handle all of the modifications.

More than anything, the support has been AMAZING! Every onboarding session we've had has been with a different rep and they're all incredibly knowledgeable about the product and the tax process in general. We're just getting started and just on the onboarding process TaxDome is going to save us at least a dozen hours a week.

Clearly designed for tax professionals. Other client portal and workflow software were workable, but still could not handle a lot of the processes we need.

Some additional customization on contracts (such as both a team member and client signing them) would be nice. Overall, extremely pleased.

SmartVault, Citrix ShareFile und Canopy

SendThisFile und ClickUp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Clearly designed for tax professionals in mind.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the nice feedback Micah! We appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Greg S.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Should have implemented this sooner!

Bewertet am 18.5.2022

TaxDome really does bring under one roof so many different applications. I've spent years burning myself out managing multiple applications at once. Time is my most valuable resource and TaxDome let's me keep it!

Embeddable forms/organizer. I wish I could build out a forms/organizers and make them available to prospects/clients without them needing to login to TaxDome first.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback Greg. We appreciate it. For the embeddable forms/organizer, may I know what do you usually do if someone complete the organizer without logging in? Can you tell us more details? By the way, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.Our Support is free and unlimited.

Dale W.

Great for small practices

Bewertet am 5.2.2022

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook und SuiteDash

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Shabbir H.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Bewertet am 4.2.2022

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Canopy Software, Liscio und Karbon

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

Oralia D.

excellence

Bewertet am 18.1.2022

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork und Wave Accounting

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Lynn S.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

Bewertet am 17.1.2022

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Lynnorra P.

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

Bewertet am 12.1.2022

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

HubSpot CRM

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Braddock B.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Great Value for all the Features

Bewertet am 30.12.2021

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Karbon

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Melissa M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Bewertet am 13.12.2021

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you very much, Melissa. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The setup can take some time, but to cut the time you would have to spend, you can always book an onboarding session, so that our team can assist you, and provide further explanations if needed.

For the to-do list and calendar, there already are feature requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote the ones you would like to have. Naturally, we can not develop all requested features, only the feature requests with the most votes get on our roadmap.

Taylor M.

The Software We Knew, Gone

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Patrice B.

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Bewertet am 22.11.2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Zoho CRM und HubSpot CRM

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Acrobat Sign und Trello

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Maria A.

Time saver

Bewertet am 12.11.2021

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

SmartVault discontinued the plan I was subscribing to, and the price was going to tripled. I was already thinking about getting some automation to manage my business, and this pushed me to TD.

SmartVault, Weebly und Encyro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

I didn't even looked at Canopy, because some people at a tax professionals group in Facebook spoke highly of TD.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

Will K.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Bewertet am 21.10.2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Richard B.

Great Mid-cost CRM Option

Bewertet am 6.9.2021

The chief business problem we've solved is not having to search email accounts for files that clients emailed to us. That's a great feature.

We've also solved the issue of not having a CRM that required tremendous amounts of design and customization work. Our old CRM was great, but its care and feeding to make it do what we wanted it to do was a ton of work (both partner-level time and contractor time). TaxDome on the other hand was about 60 hours of partner-level time and some of their support time (which was free).

I'm really impressed by TaxDome's responsiveness to its user community and the speed and pace with which they are innovating their product and adding new features.

1. Inbox+ is a game changer as far as features go. That's the feature in TaxDome that automatically moves emails from clients to a firm-wide burndown list that allows you to check them off as you resolve items. That means you don't have to spend valuable time in tax season rummaging through your mailbox to sort the client emails out from the sales/junk emails, which is very handy.

2. The immediate copying of email attachments sent by clients into the clients' document field is incredibly helpful. We used to spend so much time shuffling client data from place to place when they would email it to us instead of using our portal. Now it's all automatically there for us to work on when we need to and we can flag particular items that we need the clients to add.

3. The monthly subscription feature is huge as it allows you to add seasonal staff on demand and only pay for them when you need them.

4. The support is exceptional. All of my experiences engaging with TaxDome's staff live (I haven't tried email/chat) have been exceptional. They're well trained and know their product. I have had to spend a lot of time with them (which is free) in order to fully deploy our implementation of TaxDome.

5. TaxDome is continuing to add to their product and innovate. The product lives and evolves from season to season. Many vendors in the tax industry make only tax-change-required updates to their products each season. TD has a well-communicated list of forthcoming priorities.

1. Integration is somewhat challenging because there isn't API integration with our tax software (CCH's ATX). There is pseudo integration in the form of direct desktop upload and print to TaxDome through a PDF printer (which is handy), but that only allows data to flow in one direction and when manually prompted. That said, the only competitive products that I reviewed that offered API integration were literally ten times the cost.

2. Telephone integration is simply absent from the product. We use ringcentral.com as our telephone provider and what we were accustomed to in our prior CRM was direct integration with RingCentral. That meant that every time a client called or we called a client it was logged in the system and we could attach notes to specific calls about what was discussed (or bill for the time) without separate action on our part (the same way that TaxDome handles Inbox+, which was very handy).

3. There is no good way to manage prospective leads in TaxDome. Interactions are defined as "accounts" (actual clients) and "contacts." Automated processes within the system cannot run on contacts.

4. Good at managing the existing practice, but it's poor at the sales activities that you need to grow.

5. The eSignature interface is somewhat clunky and doesn't compare favorably to non-tax eSignature products. It's just as good as any eSignature product I've ever seen in the tax industry.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Unlike Zoho, TaxDome was specifically tailored to the tax industry. Zoho was a great product, but it took so much heavy lifting to get it customized for our needs because it was a general-purpose CRM that it was just simpler to switch to a tax-specific product.

Zoho One, Zoho Books, Zoho CRM Plus, Zoho Sign und Zoho WorkDrive

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Overall cost and a-la-carte pricing model.
Abbey G.

Best All In One Software - I've tried them all

Bewertet am 3.9.2021

TaxDome support is incredibly responsive and useful. The implementation time was minimal for this software. I got my workflows set up in a day and was working in the software pretty efficiently within 3 days. My clients LOVE the portal and it sets me apart as an accounting firm because our communication is consistent, timely, and they know where to find me.

I love that it has all of the features I really wanted for a great client experience and workflow management. The client portal is phenomenal. The Workflows are easy to setup and the templates are a great starting point. Not too complex and not too simplistic

I wish that recurring tasks customized to a specific client could be built into a recurring pipeline job instead of having to link recurring tasks when they're created. I can tell this feature is missing because of the way the software was designed to streamline the workflow management experience which is otherwise phenomenal. The minor inconvenience of linking a task to a job after the fact is minimal compared to the rest of the benefits I have from this software.

Canopy Software und Karbon

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

I mostly used ClientHub prior to switching and I switched mostly because it was too simplistic and not as secure. The client portal was decent in ClientHub but this one is better. Workflows were great in ClientHub but TaxDome has the potential to be even better.

Canopy Software und Karbon

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

All three of the softwares I had been evaluating prior to finding TaxDome each had some of the features I wanted but none of them had them all. Ultimately Karbon was too complex and time consuming to setup for my small accounting firm, Client Hub was too simplistic and not secure enough, and Canopy was geared more toward Tax only rather than both tax and accounting/bookkeeping.

Antwort von TaxDome Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback, Abbey! we appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. If there's still missing feature that you would like to add in TaxDome especially related Task and Pipeline, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . Feel free to reach out to our team. Our support is free and unlimited.

Gili A.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Innovative and very responsive tool

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

I love the concept, I love the delivery. I am crazy about your costumer service. The best I have ever experienced.
I really want this to work for me and if it is, I will be sending your ways many of my colleagues that are waiting to hear back from me about it.
The cost of adding new users is also too high. I wish there was a consideration of a lower fee for secretary users or other temporary users.

I like the most the condition that you can put on opening a file with payment first.
The software is very well organized and keeps things clean and reachable. it does all that I need from a document management software and has so many extras that I love and didn't even know about such as client classification, share of documents, sending requests for signatures etc.

It's not as fast to respond when I make a choice. I which they used a faster server.
The Upload of clients from a previous software is not that easy.
When I print a tax return from the tax software, I would love it if I could pick a default folder to drop it in.
The Windows implementation is not there yet. I am using a server that hosts my tax software and that server is refusing to allow TD to download there. This might be a deal breaker in the future.
I wish I could use Quickbooks as a merchant in the SW but it's only allowing for CPACharge and Stripe.

Hi Gili!

Thanks for your feedback! Kindly reach out to our customer success team for further assistance. Support is free and unlimited.

Andrew C.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Bewertet am 30.7.2021

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Canopy

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.