TaxDome

Steuerpraxis-Management-Software für Buchhalter und zertifizierte öffentliche Wirtschaftsprüfer

(3.037)

Sehr gute Software für die Steuererklärung zumindeset für private Nutzung

Bewertet am 23.4.2023

Sehr gute Software für die Buchhaltung und Steuer Themen

Sehr gute Software für die Buchhaltung und Steuer Themen

Die Buchhaltung und Steuererklärung ist schon super. Also ist schon alles einfach dargestellt.

Für die neue Rechnungen gibt es gar keine Probleme. Aber manche alte Rechnungen könnten nicht importiert werden. Sonst finde ich alles super

Jasmina

All-In-One Accounting Practice Management

Bewertet am 16.5.2023

CRM, DMS, portal, payment processing/collections, eSignature

CRM, DMS, portal, payment processing/collections, eSignature

I like that TaxDome is all-inclusive, everything I need to manage my practice is in one package.

I do not like the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time, or to pay three years in advance for the best price. This is a barrier to adoption for new and/or small practices, like my own.

Canopy und Karbon

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

TaxDome's features won me over.

Pipedrive und ShareFile

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

They either lacked the features I wanted, or were even more experience.

Hi James!

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your kind words regarding our platform's all-inclusive nature and its ability to fulfill your practice management needs.

We understand that the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time or to pay in advance for multiple years can present challenges, particularly for new and small practices like your own. We genuinely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our pricing structure is designed to offer the best value and ensure that our clients receive the most competitive rates.

We encourage you to reach out to our customer support team. They may be able to explore potential options or discuss alternatives that could better suit your practice's specific requirements. We genuinely value your business and want to ensure that you can fully leverage TaxDome's capabilities without feeling constrained by the payment structure

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and your willingness to share your thoughts with us. Your input is invaluable as we strive to enhance our platform and provide a seamless experience for all our users. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Have a nice day!

Chris

Canadian accounting firm review

Bewertet am 6.7.2023

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Elizabeth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Still learning and looking forward to upcoming features

Bewertet am 20.2.2023

So far, we are enjoying the software. We started to close to tax season, so we aren't implementing a lot of the features yet. Our biggest goal is to have a centralized location for everything instead of having multiple spreadsheets for practice management.

Tax Dome seems to have most of the features we were looking for and if they didn't have the feature it appears to be in the roadmap to add to the software. I really like the workflows, even though we have not implemented them yet.

It is not as customizable as I would like. I am hoping that this will improve as new features are added and updated. My biggest complaint is that the virtual drive cannot be synced in real time to a local drive, which does conflict with our ISP (Information Security Plan); we are copying and pasting into the local drive for now, but during tax season, especially, we have a lot of data that is changed constantly.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review, it is valuable to us.

It's great to hear that TaxDome has been able to provide you with many of the features you were looking for, and that the workflows are a useful feature for your practice.

Regarding the customization, we understand our users' desire for more flexibility, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Takara

VERY HELPFUL

Bewertet am 30.1.2024

I LIKE THAT EVERYTHING IS IN ONE SOFTWARE AND THAT YOU CAN AUTOMATE TASKS.

THE LEARNING CURVE TO GET STARTED WAS KIND OF ROCKY

Hi Takara,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We're thrilled to know that the all-in-one functionality is proving to be very helpful for you.

We understand that the initial learning curve has been challenging. We're always refining our onboarding process and resources to make the start as smooth as possible. Remember, our Help Center, webinars, and support team are available to assist with any questions you might have as you become more acquainted with all the functionalities.

Your feedback is crucial for us to keep improving. Please don't hesitate to reach out for additional support or guidance—we're here to help every step of the way.

Have a great day!

Rebecca

TaxDome is INCREDIBLE

Bewertet am 5.7.2023

Tax Dome is literally the one-stop shop for document management, task management, and invoicing. I love it, my team loves it, and my clients love it. I was able to get rid of several of my programs because TaxDome does it all!

I think the only thing that is a struggle is having links inside of TaxDome open new windows.

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Zokpia
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

This will revolutionize my firm

Bewertet am 30.6.2023

There is a lot of set-up involved, and it can be daunting. However, I am eager for the day when I everything is set up and fine tuned to streamline my whole business.

I like the automation capabilities, and the fact that I can put a deliverable behind a paywall. Also, embedded organizers, engagements letters, and signatures...game changer. All at a reasonable price!

I wish I could have enable progress billing on an account. I require a 60% deposit from my clients to begin work, so it would nice if I can automate the 1st bill (60% of the total), then the 2nd bill (Remaining 40%).

Ignition

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Very little automations with task statuses, and none for email communication or requests for clients. The tracking process is so manual. Honestly, I could've used excel and only have a minor drop-off.

Jetpack Workflow

Hello Zokpia

Juliette

Tax Dome for our Advisory and Tax Firm

Bewertet am 26.6.2023

Our overall experience is great. The support team is especially helpful in training us and helping us to set up our pipelines, workflows, organizers, etc.

The workflow and pipelines features are going to help us to be much more efficient. We are excited to automate so many of the processes we were accomplishing manually. We also love the client portal: everything the client needs to be aware of is on the portal's homepage for them to see right away.

TaxDome is complex, so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Canopy

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

We had been using several different products to perform Practice Management. TaxDome combines features from each in one system.

Teamwork.com, ShareFile und PandaDoc

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Came highly recommended by fellow tax and advisory practitioners, the support is truly great and the TaxDome features and funtionality are very good and work with our way of working.

Hi Juliette!

We're thrilled to hear that you're excited about the workflow and pipelines features that TaxDome offers. It's wonderful to know that these tools are poised to enhance your efficiency by automating processes that were previously manual. Additionally, we're glad that you're finding value in the client portal, where important information is readily accessible for your clients.

We understand that TaxDome's comprehensive nature can present a learning curve due to its complexity. We appreciate your honesty in highlighting this aspect. Learning a new platform can indeed take some time, but we want to reassure you that we're here to support you every step of the way.

Our support team is available to provide assistance via chat and email, and we're also happy to arrange screen-sharing sessions to guide you through any challenges you encounter. We've curated an extensive collection of articles and tutorials in our knowledge database to aid in your understanding of the platform.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance o guidance. We're happy to help!

Marinett
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Tools for moving to your next level

Bewertet am 19.6.2023

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

I'm saving time at the onboarding process

I can onboard tons of clients at the same time with: Security, document storage, workflow, auto-task.

I would like to have Quickbooks payment integration

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

My business grows and I need a tool to support it.

Zapier, Trello und Microsoft Word

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Taxdome was very clear and open about price and features. You tube videos showed me in deep the product. Whit others, all was about general 3 minutes videos and asked me to pay more and more and more for adding more features. Taxdome is all included, no hidden prices, no hidden features

Hello Marinett,

Chris

TaxDome CRM Review

Bewertet am 9.6.2023

I was looking for several different features for managing my practice in order to get it ready for growth - with a few of the other CRM tools I was looking at, it was going to require heavy configuration and hefty consulting rates. When I found tax dome I found that many of the features I needed were already built in. Excited to see how the program ultimately functions in a live setting - but it certainly looks like it will meet my needs.

So far so good - a little disappointed in support for now. I had a 45 minute call with a representative on a Thursday and was promised a follow-up message by the next day. It's been a week and I've sent two emails to them and still no response. Even if my issues aren't resolved yet - it would be nice to have at least received an acknowledgement.

Atom und Method CRM

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Tool wasn't designed for accounting and I've outgrown what it can do for me.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

More of what I needed was native to TaxDome.

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

I really apologize for the inconvenience you mention about your report, if the problem persists, please contact us at our email: success@taxdome.com we'll do our best to help you.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Krista
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Tax Dome is helping us save money and have peace of mind.

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

So far it's great! We believe this will be a game changer when it comes to managing our workload this next busy season.

We like the fact we now have a all in one portal, document storage, workflow management, and CRM in one place.

I wish I could open all the client files at once to see everything. I wish is was a little easier to move files between related accounts - If someone uploads a document to there entity account, that should be in their individual account, it's a little cumbersome to move it to the correct account.Printing from Drake when using Right Networks. It can be done, but it costs quite a bit more.

Trello und Karbon

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

We felt this was a little easier to use, and an associate of mine is using it, so I thought it would be easier to collaborate on best practices.

Hello Krista,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Dane

TaxDome is the Best Portal Software for Tax Firms

Bewertet am 8.5.2020

Overall, I love TaxDome. I have used many tax accountant-specific client portals in the past and this is the one that definitely does it best. This is a great product and I absolutely must call out again that the developers and support team pay attention to every single firm and person that uses their product to constantly make the product better and better. I guarantee I will like this software more next year and more the year after. I feel this is something TaxDome does differently than other solutions and really prides themselves on, which they should. The client tax portal market is a crowded space, but TaxDome is legitimately creating a product that stands apart from the rest of the competition in one way or another. I was struggling to find a one-stop solution that allowed all parts of my tax preparation process to happen within one software, and TaxDome absolutely allows that to happen.

(Please, TaxDome - do not sell your software to another company! This happened with another portal provider I was using and they stopped caring about developing new features, etc. I don't want to see that happen again!)

TaxDome does so many things correctly - but the biggest thing is listening to their firm owners. They have a private Facebook group and a feature request board, both where firm owners and users can request features that they'd like to see added to the software. If you have a problem or a question, they are quick to respond.

They also pay attention to the little things - something like making well-formatted, eye-pleasing email notifications that go to my clients mean a lot to me. Their software attempts to be the one-stop solution for tax firms, allowing you to take your tax firm completely online and virtual. Their software is part CRM, part secure tax portal for your clients, and a whole lot more.

Some features I love: web-form organizers (most tax accountants are stuck in the "print out this PDF and mail it back to me" era), billing directly through TaxDome (with no extra fees), electronic signatures, and pipelines to track where your client is in a process. For most of us preparing tax returns, the "pipeline" or process for every client is very similar, but repeated hundreds of times a tax season, and TaxDome seems to understand that.

I need to continuously tell myself that TaxDome is a young software company and the product grows every day, week, month, and year. A lot of times features I would really like to see are "coming soon" or "in development". While I commend the TaxDome staff for working hard to bring these extra features to the software (and without a price increase yet), some of the features I feel they should have had before they released it for use. One of the biggest is KBA electronic signatures, which are required by the IRS to allow clients to electronically sign tax returns (Form 8879). This is a must-have for U.S.-based tax accountants, especially those of us that operate virtually, and I couldn't believe TD did not offer this out of the gate (although I hear it is just days away from being added).

Overall, I also feel the software, while trying to make things more automatic, manages to make things more manual in some respects. For example, with the "pipelines" feature - I cannot automatically assign my new clients to a pipeline (in development) or send them an organizer as soon as they register (again, in development). Some of the smallest things - like setting reminders/tasks on certain clients - generate a plethora of notifications that create way too much clicking and unnecessary steps just to shut off or mark as "done".

I also wish they offered an option to subscribe monthly. $600/year is steep for a one-man show all at once.

ShareFile VDR

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Don't get me wrong, Taxaroo was an awesome piece of software as well. The keyword there is WAS. During the course of 2019, Taxaroo was purchased by tax preparation firm Happy Tax - and for the most part, they have cut off all technical support or development plans. Taxaroo is the same product it was two or three years ago when it has so much more potential than that. In the beginning, the developers were incredibly responsive and, much like TaxDome, cared about what features you wanted to see built into the software. Now that it was purchased, I (and other firm owners that use it) feel like we were hung out to dry, so to speak.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

There was generally one or more parts of my process missing with each of the alternative products. SmartValut and ShareFile are simple file-sharing and client portal programs that don't offer digital organizers or billing. Drake's SecureFilePro offers most of the features, but I found it cumbersome and the client side of the portal looks like it was designed in 1999. TaxCaddy is a stellar program that I would love to use (probably even over TaxDome) but it's price point is way out of my range ($2,500 just to implement).

Antwort von TaxDome

Hello Dane, thank you for leaving this very detailed feedback, we appreciate it.

Just off the top of my head, so coming this year are: Native app for tax preparers, @mentions, etc
What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team.

We have also released the ability to sign KBA - https://blog.taxdome.com/what-is-kba/ Recurring pipelines - https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs
For questions and concerns you might have, please contact us through chat or email (success@taxdome.com), we'd be glad to assists you.

Helene

TaxDome Review

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

I am just starting with TaxDome. So far I think I will like it most importantly due to the conveniences for clients to scan and upload documents and to provide e-signatures.

The ability for clients to upload documents without a scanner, and for those documents to get saved directly to their files without my staff needing to take valuable time to get them there.

The meetings to initially test the software did not happen as promised. I created appointments but 2 of those 3 meetings I scheduled were canceled or rescheduled by a TaxDome person and they never told me. I was left scrambling trying to get the meetings to happen. For the software itself, what I like least is the inability to link an email to a client without adding the contact entirely to that client (ie like a bank that I deal with for multiple clients. I only want the emails relating to that specific client to be linked to them. My current CRM software allows me to do this.)

Hi Helene!

Thanks for your review! Your feedback is important to us. Feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance. You should be able to schedule a 1:1 Onboarding without any issues.

Russell
Russell

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Antwort von TaxDome

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email (success@taxdome.com) if you have other questions.

Mayra

Good Overall System

Bewertet am 29.5.2021

I was hoping to retire my share file, webhosting and marketing email accounts with Tax-dome but I have yet to see if the website will be useful. Share file allows me to share folders with more than one client but tax-dome does not. You will have to load the file to each client and update each client. And though I will be able to use tax-dome to mass email there is no birthday or holiday email function so I may have to keep the other software's for certain things. But Tax-dome does have many features the other's do not, like file locking to invoices, organizers and pipelines. But it does not completely replace all the other software.

All the features make it a great deal for the money

The software does a lot of great things once you get the hang of it. However, it is not as intuitive as promised and it is slow to move from screen to screen. You need to have a lot of time available to view lots of webinars for every feature to learn how to use it then a lot of time to customize it. Not all customizations are available. The bulk upload app is glichy and shuts down every time you put lots of files with multiple destinations. Then you have to start all over and upload file by file. The chat help is frustrating to initiate, they ask several questions and try to direct you to self help and webinars instead of chatting. You have to ask your question 3 times to get an actual person to help. The onboarding call is a bit rushed and is directed by the client so be prepared. It isn't so much an onboarding as much as an opportunity to ask your questions. They won't help you customize your website until you are a paying customer so you don't know if you the website hosting is a benefit until after you pay for the year.

Hi Mayra,

Thank you for your feedback. Support is free and unlimited. You can schedule more onboardings to ask more questions. Our chat system uses the auto bot which helps find the root of your concern/question so we can provide a better service.

Deanna

Great product, Great Customer Service, and still finding hidden gems

Bewertet am 27.6.2021

My partner and I came from a tax firm that used a dated practice management workflow consisting of various disjointed software tools, spreadsheets, and humans. There were terrible inefficiencies resulting in considerable operating overhead (labor costs, software licenses, real estate, etc.) and a tremendous amount of stress during the tax season. Thanks for COVID, we decided that our new tax firm was going completely virtual with client appointments and we would leverage a practice management suite that helped us achieve efficiency, accuracy, and scale. We are leveraging a hosted version of our tax software eliminating the need for an IT person on-staff and TaxDome will allow us to streamline our workflow so we have no need for seasonal admin staffing. It's only been two weeks since we started working with TaxDome, but so far we are ecstatic and we see it helping us to fulfill our goals for the firm.

Coming from a quagmire of administrative staff, spreadsheets, and various software to manage our practice, TaxDome is an absolute godsend. We've only had the opportunity to work with it for a couple of weeks during the trial period, but we have been impressed with it beyond our expectations. We really like the variety of tools that made the import of contacts/docs expedient and reliable. The email sync feature is just amazing as it eliminates the noise of a junked-up inbox. The mobile app with built-in document scanner is so incredibly neat that I think our clients will easily get on-board with these changes in how we interact with them. I would be remiss if I didn't give the customer service team some love as well. I must've bugged them everyday about something. They were prompt, courteous, and helpful with each and every correspondence. Lastly, as we continue to learn the TaxDome platform, we're discovering new functionality we didn't expect but will help immensely. For example, one feature we just found was the ability to edit PDF documents within the TaxDome platform itself. Amazing!

Honestly, there hasn't been anything that I've experienced in the past 2 weeks that would warrant a complaint of any sort. We would've really liked to have a scheduling module in TaxDome where we can organize and schedule our reviews with clients, but not a deal breaker and as I understand it is in the works anyway.

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have the scheduling module planned in our feature request board. I have upvoted your firm to this request, feel free to add any comments or suggestions here- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/company-appointment-scheduling-with-popular-online-calendar-integration

Taylor

The Software We Knew, Gone

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Dale
Dale

Great for small practices

Bewertet am 5.2.2022

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Antwort von TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Brandon
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Automation, Billing, Communications, Invoicing and Docs under one roof!

Bewertet am 13.9.2022

Working with automations has relieved a lot of work in our practice.

When we review docs to work, we rename them. We previously used the browser but it was taking too long to rename, click save and move forward to the next.

Antwort von TaxDome

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
You have the ability to preview docs and by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner to access the pop-up menu that allows you to edit them. To learn more about managing your documents, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/233-how-to-edit-download-print-filter-documents#2

Ryan

The Solution for our Firm

Bewertet am 9.11.2022

This is very much what I expected. Offering all pieces of a tax practice management software and the custom-nature creates a steep learning curve for effective usage of this tool. That being said, the other options for practice management solutions were not all-inclusive and more expensive! If you are running a small accounting or tax practice and feel like you are always being reactive to projects and deadlines this can be your solution. Be prepared to spend multiple weeks on the setup but its worth it!

The inclusion of many different pieces of our practice is an excellent feature of Taxdome. Managing all aspects of our operation from onboarding new clients all the way to the recurring monthly projects and everything in-between has been a nightmare before Taxdome. We are excited about this upcoming tax season and how efficient this software will make everything!

The setup process is time consuming. Learning the terminology and how all of the pieces fit together eats up all of the free trial. It is very customizable which means there isn't much in the way of a standard setup.

Warum TaxDome gewählt wurde

The user interface of OfficeTools was clunky and outdated. We were looking for a solution to automate our repetitive tasks and processes and handle everything on one platform. OfficeTools did not do that very well

OfficeTools

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TaxDome

Additional features for less cost. A very similar look and user interface as well

Hello Ryan
Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!
Since TaxDome is an all-in-one software that has hundreds of features, it may take some time to learn about all of them, but we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible. We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session, so our representatives can walk you through and assist with the setup. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.
Please let us know whenever you have questions or need assistance.

Erica
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best Product Yet! Highly Impressed!

Bewertet am 25.2.2023

The product is easy to navigate, with much more fluids craters than it’s competitors. Everything I need is at my fingertips and clients are adjusting well.

It’s more difficult to learn the automotive workflows, but that is mostly due to me learning during peak season. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to learning as I need to right now.

Hello Erica,

Thank you for your kind review, it is valuable to us!

We are thrilled to hear that you find our product easy to navigate and that it provides you with everything you need at your fingertips. We are also glad to hear that your clients are adjusting well to the platform.

Regarding your feedback on the difficulty of learning the automotive workflows, we understand that it can be challenging to learn new things during peak season when time is of the essence. However, we want you to know that our team is always available to provide support and assistance whenever you need it. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome YouTube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or need any assistance with learning the workflows.

Nicholas
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Finally an all in one solution!

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

TaxDome is a really great all in one solution for taxpractices. It looks good, its easy for clients to use, they have had nothing but good things to say about it. It needs e-signature improvements to truly replace docusign or signnow but it works well for most things. They added multiple features just during my trial period so I know more updates are coming.

I love that everything for managing clients, file sharing, gathering and requesting documents and the smart email inbox, is all in one place. I have been using a number of solutions that don't integrate thoroughly to achieve these things and finally i can have all these features in one place at a fair price. I am very happy with it. It does have shortcomings in some areas but they are constantly improving it and adding features. Support is also very responsive. They also have a really great email integration which collects files sent to your email and saves correspondence with clients in the client file, no more dragging and dropping correspondence from outlook into the client folders or saving attachments and dragging and dropping where to go. If the email is linked with a Taxdome client account it goes through your inbox and adds all client communications automatically.

There are some features that could be improved. Some of pipeline and workflow tools I haven't quite implemented. These could be improved with some sample templates that could be customized. Designing a workflow from scratch is difficult and I feel like i might be leaving things out, templates would give a baseline of common practices that would guide new users on how to take advantage of these features. Signature implementation could use some work, getting signatures from two spouses isnt well done, there should be an option for them to physically sign on their phone instead of using the signature font for the printed signature, and it has to have knowledge based e-signature (this would come at an additional cost to us users but it is required for certain document electronic signatures). I'm not concerned about these shortcomings because they are constantly adding updates and im sure improvements are on the way.

Thanks, Nicholas!

We have added a template library to pipelines, so you no longer have to start from scratch.

We've also added KBA to e-signatures as an option.

Thank you for your feedback - more updates and improvements on the way!

Emily

TaxDome is Awesome

Bewertet am 9.12.2022

I am currently using SmartVault and am not completely satisfied with its capabilities. So, I decided to give TaxDome Trial a try. I have to say it's the best decision I have made this year. TaxDome's capabilities exceed SmartVault's by far. I will no longer be using SmartVault, I am now a TaxDome user.

I love the variety of features.The Tax Academy Email SyncingInformation in one place for both me and my clients to access.Customizations

Invoicing needs improvements. I would like to be able to receive payments through QuickBooks, Venmo and PayPal and it come through automatically. More templates would be nice.

Hello Emily,
Thank you very much for your review. it is valuable to us!

We are happy to learn that you like the diversity of the features we offer and the software as an all-in one tool, which is one of our main aims to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.
As for the invoices, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas, or if there is anything you would like to share with us that you think might improve your experience with TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Bill

TaxDome

Bewertet am 31.1.2023

Automation of Tax Processes: Tax software can automate the process of calculating taxes, reducing the possibility of errors and saving time.Accuracy: The software uses complex algorithms and built-in tax tables to calculate taxes accurately and ensures compliance with tax laws.Efficient Record Keeping: Tax software helps in keeping records organized and up-to-date, making it easier to access information when required.Cost-effective: Using tax software can save money compared to hiring a tax professional or manual calculation.Time-saving: The automation of tax processes eliminates the need for manual data entry and saves a lot of time compared to traditional methods.Accessibility: Tax software is available online, making it accessible from anywhere, at any time.Improved Decision Making: With accurate tax information readily available, business owners can make informed decisions about their finances.

Initial Set-Up Costs: Implementing tax software may require an initial investment in terms of hardware, software, and training.Technical Challenges: The software may require technical knowledge and skills to operate, and if not used correctly, it can result in incorrect tax calculations.Limited Customization: The software may not always offer customization options, making it difficult to handle specific tax scenarios.Dependence on Software: The accuracy of tax calculations depends on the software's functionality and database, which may not always be up-to-date with the latest tax laws.Data Security: Storing sensitive financial information on a computer system may pose a security risk, and the software may require additional security measures to protect the data.Limited Support: The software may not always provide adequate support or customer service, which can be an issue if problems arise.Lack of Human Interaction: The software eliminates the need for a tax professional, which can make it difficult to get answers to complex tax questions

Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's important for us to clarify that TaxDome is a practice management software that helps tax professionals and accounting firms streamline their workflow, manage their client data, and automate administrative tasks. Although TaxDome offers tax-related functionalities such as the integration with various tax software, e-signatures, online payments, and document management, it's not classified as a tax software.

Thank you for helping us ensure that our communication is accurate and informative. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.