Issuu

Engaging and Easy to Use

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 18.12.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I have been quite happy with Issuu.

Issuu offers a very simple, easy to use and easy to understand platform which is refreshing. I also appreciate the options to add extra content like articles/stories to increase engagement on different devices.

The only problem we have run into with Issuu is the limited update and replace options. Other programs we have used in the past offered the option to replace a single page in the total publication - rather then having to re-upload the entire publication. When we are putting together a 100+ page publication, having to re-upload and re-link the entire thing if we find an issue on a single page can be a bit frustrating.

Rose L.
Branche: Grafikdesign

We Couldn't Function without Issuu

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We love Issuu! Not only has this helped us to convert more sales, but it helps our clients display their pricing & other offerings in a way that's really unique, easy to use, and beautiful.

There's really no reason NOT to give this company a shot, as they allow you to get started with no strings (or moolah) involved.

For the last ten or so years, we've been uploading our magazine designs to Issuu so other creatives can see how our templates look and can be displayed.

It's the only site we've found that allows users to flip through a publication like an actual magazine while allowing for clickable links. You can also choose to send over your publication digitally by sending clients your Issuu url, and you can hide your publication from the public, if needed.

Without Issuu, we wouldn't have sold thousands and thousands of our magazine templates. Their product was a GAME-CHANGER!

Without paying for a premium account, ads will be displayed below your publication. It definitely wasn't a deal-breaker, as we continue to use (and love) the free version of their software.

For larger businesses, I'd suggest upgrading so clients have a seamless branding experience across all platforms.

Ivan enrique R.
Branche: Musik

Perusal Material

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am rather satisfied with the product.

The opportunity to upload original material for others to peruse in a personal website is good. The ability to maintain it secure could be better but is also good.

I would love it to be more affordable or have student options, or even options for super small business that don’t yet make profit.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 6.0/10

David W.
Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Issuu is just what we needed

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In the pandemic climate, digital media is king. We have found great engagement with our ISSUU publications across our website, social media, and email campaigns. ISSUU makes it easy to share our work with anyone and everyone. The price is just right and they truly deliver on what they offer and promise. Utilize this software in anyway you can.

We like the digital design and delivery aspects of ISSUU. It is simple and understated, but robust at the same time. The auto recognition of email addresses and web links is a big plus. AND, the fact that we can create stories for social media is a pretty nice advantage over other providers.

Sometimes the software could be easier to use. For instance, uploading single pages to replace former pages might be a nice addition. In our line of work, little things change all the time (available degrees, contact persons or numbers, etc). Being able to update those easier would be a game changer.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Amanda E.

Perfect for Online Publishing

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We publish our literary magazine once a year with a print version, and we use Issuu for the online version. I love the way it allows for full-screen viewing and simulates page flipping. We simply export our InDesign files as a pdf and upload to Issuu. It's also a great place to find other literary magazines for inspiration!

No complaints. It would be nice to have the ad-free version, but in education the budget is tight, so we really appreciate the free version with ads.

Mark C.
Branche: Unterhaltung

Highly Recommended

Bewertet am 18.12.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Have used issuu for years for our publication and very satisfied.

The ease of use and customization was second to none. We have used this service for all of our digital issues over the years and will continue to.

We have not experienced any negative issues with the platform and highly recommend this for all your publication needs.

Margot T.
Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Missing the earlier days of analytics for all users

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I will always be grateful to Issuu for providing so many of us with a straightforward way to publish our work, and make it accessible to readers all around the world.

Issuu has been the best way to share my zine and art books online. I love that people can read them as flip-through publications (and not just as a Pdf). I've had an account for about 8 years, and it has allowed my work to be seen around the world, which has greatly added to my confidence as a creator and zine maker.

I would love for the analytics to be more accessible to all users, and not just those on Premium. I had a free account for many years, until I recently purchased the Premium tier because of an end-of-year offer. I'm excited to be able to sell publications, and I'm glad I can see my analytics once again, but I still find it too expensive. It would also be great to see more features that can help with layout and the creative part (sort of like Blurb and Bookwright). I also think the Visual Stories component can be better. I'd like to be able to edit where the text goes (centered, vs left or right), whether I'm using caps or lower case, etc.

Daniel K.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great interface, should be free to embed

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As an early example of e-publication software, Issuu has helped our company share content consistently for nearly a decade.

I like the design of the reader and the ease of creating custom embedded readers most

The major con with Issuu is that embeds and other small features that used to be free are now only available to paid users, and the cost is very high. Basic functions are bundled into packages with premium services that I do not need, so I have started using other embedded readers on our website that are free of charge.

Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Worth It, Plain & Simple

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love it! I'll keep using it and I consider it the industry standard for digital publication.

Issuu is fantastic, I love how smooth the user interface is, how easy it is to upload, and the ability to organize all of your publications into stacks. With nearly 1000 publications on the site, it makes distribution easy.

The newer features need to be fleshed out more. Mobile friendly article creation isn't bad, but it doesn't recognize paragraphs that stretch across 2 columns, and it struggles with photos sometimes. The article stories are a bit abysmal though, it doesn't make it easier than using Illustrator/Photoshop.

Vicki D.
Branche: Fotografie
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Issuu helps me educate my clients

Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love the look and functionality of my digital lookbooks. They're easy for my clients to use and they help give me an edge to look more professional and give a more luxury experience.

I use Issuu to upload my client session guides and lookbooks. It guides me through the steps of getting my work published and online. User interface is simple and intuitive. It's easy to share my work with my clients and the end product looks great!

So far I don't have any recommendations for changes.

Allié M.
Branche: Philanthropie
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Why Just Read Content When You Can Experience It?

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With Issuu, we were able to allow our audience to 'experience' content - not simply 'consume' it. The immersive and interactive interface gives us the ability to reach our audience in a way that resonates. We believe the very same content shared on a different platform would be a very different effect (a less impactful one). In need of a dynamic solution, as opposed to a static option, Issuu is the only platform we will use for our online magazine and resource guides.

With its ease of use and efficiency, I love the ability to repurpose and redistribute content with one asset across multiple channels. At the same time, it's entirely forgiving of human error with nearly realtime updates rendered for any and every edit.

Love to have customizable short links for the long URLS that are produced for the full screen experience. Also love to link visual stories to specific URLS. In addition, I'd love to be able to incorporate videos in article stories. :)

Jeffrey H.
Branche: Verlagswesen
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The best presentation of book previews

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Being able to link to the book previews I upload gives the press a marketing and promotion advantage whereby readers can see exactly what the books look like. I am considering the plan which allows folks to buy a version and download the entire book, but I have not looked to deeply into the plan or its function.

Right now I use the free account as I have not been able to go to a paid account. But I love the product and hope to upgrade in the future. The issuu.com book previews are made from PDF files and easy to upload. They look just like the print books I design and have great features, such as being able to enlarge the document while maintaining a clear representation of the text, which is very sharp. The same is true of cover images. The entire function of the flippable document is far greater than any e-book I've seen.

I was disappointed to lose the embedding option but links are just fine to put on a website or media post. There are some minor issue with the old embed interfering with editing a page in Wordpress but it is not difficult to re-do a page.

Kimara W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Wonderful tool with features out of reach

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our school definitely appreciates having a home on the web to archive our publications. Professional appearance with nice sorting capabilities. Nice social sharing and easy to pull out stories for custom sharing. Well done.

There are so many features that cost. As a small private educational institution who is not wanting to use Issuu to sell, we cannot afford the $20 each month to house our materials, even though begin able to schedule to publish and allow viewers to occasionally download would be excellent. We wish there was a educational/non-profit discount. We use smugmug for exactly the same purposes with photos, and their $75/year is very doable to gain some extra features over the free version. There are commercial features we miss out on there as well, but we don't sell our photos either, so it's just right.

Jan K.
Branche: E-Learning

Teaching Online Publishing with Issuu

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When students ask about doing independent study projects in page layout /magazine design, the many types of publications that can be found on Issuu have been an excellent resource and inspiration.

Issuu is amazingly simple to navigate. In particular this year when most class work has been online, I was able to teach students basic page layout using Google Docs. The pdf that students produced was easily uploaded to Issuu and the link shared with their classmates for critique. Of course they could share a Google Doc link, but everyone loved the way that Issuu allowed their work to be opened up into a double page spread that could easily be flipped forward or backward to view. They are aware that a subscription would remove ads, but as novices, it is great to become aware of possibilities for marketing and other publication.

I found this equally easy to use whether using InDesign or a simple Google Docs pdf. I can’t think of anything that I would change.

Theresa P.
Branche: Grafikdesign
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great product, but free gets you practically nothing

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Interface is good. Everything is easy to navigate. Uploading publications is quick and easy. Detailed statistical breakdowns make it easy to see where content is being viewed and how often. If you're willing to pay for it, Issuu offers lot of features. I'm sure there are other Pros to Issue, but I will not be paying for an upgraded plan to discover them.

You keep taking away features from the free version. At this point, I'm just using Issuu for the online reader. It's very disappointing that I can't even embed a basic reader anymore. That was a great feature which I used on my portfolio sites, but I will not pay for it. For the minimal amount of time I use Issuu, I cannot rationalize spending a minimum of $19/month. Would be nice if you could re-arrange the publications you add to a Stack, instead of it organizing based on add date.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 6.0/10

Betsy J.
Branche: Design
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A straightforward tool that has helped my business grow

Bewertet am 5.1.2021
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how simple the platform is for both publishers and consumers. I'm a relatively light user, but I have never once felt the need tp even consider other platforms. It has an attractive interface and makes my job easier.

I sometimes feel the language in the UX and in tutorials and the pricing model etc is so specific to typical magazines where there is a single design distributed to the masses. I have a very different use case where I sell customer one-off magazine designs to clients and use Issuu to work through revisions and approvals with them. I also maintain my issuu profile as a way to showcase my work. I'm sure there are lots of other unique use cases too. Really, this is such a small nit, but it is the one thing I would complain about if I had to.

Amy P.
Branche: Druck

Great Product

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We had to look for a new PDF hosting site a few years back when we had to switch websites and I found Issuu on a whim and we haven't looked back. It offers us an easy way to get our issues online each month while also allowing us to link back to our advertisers. It takes about an hour or two every month to get everything set up for our current issues and it's ready for viewing then and there. It's truly one of the most helpful sites in our workspace.

I love how simple it is to upload an issue, edit in some information about it, apply links to all our advertisers ads, and get it out to our readers. Everything is pretty intuitive and if a feature isn't, you can pretty much figure it out within a half hour.

I do wish it was easier to edit Stacks from the publisher homepage, but it's still an easy enough process as it currently is.

Eric L.

Good experience

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall very good experience with Issuu. It has been a good plate form for my profession and work I do. Good representation and efficient layout make it appealing for users. Highly recommend.

Easy of use. Efficient layout. Graphic of the plate form.

Some options are expensive to use. As some options such as download pdf are not for free.

Annie V.
Branche: Medienproduktion
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Using Issuu every month to share community magazine

Bewertet am 20.12.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our readers have given us positive feedback about enjoying to read our magazine on Issuu, so we plan to continue using the software! I've also used it on other projects for our businesses.

My business is a monthly print magazine and we have been using Issuu since 2013 and have seen the software evolve over the years and continue to add new features! I love being able to browse and find other publications. The interface is a beautiful way to display PDFs and allow users to feel like they are flipping through a publication. They have added be functions such as links and making text searchable. I also like how you can create smaller, select stories with certain pages only. The analytics are also very helpful

Issuu has helped us meet a business need as we use it to share our monthly magazine with our readers and then embed it to our website. I would say it is worth the basic subscription but for a small business, it is hard to afford the premium accounts that are actually quite pricey.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Don E.
Branche: Zeitung

Newspaper Readers Get the Full Experience

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Readers who can't pick up our free weekly due to the limitations of the pandemic really appreciate seeing the digital pages in Issuu. They get to see all of our creative layouts and useful print ads that they miss out on when browsing our website.

I really want to change our user name/url. We chose the wrong one when signed up years ago and it's not an option for us to start over from scratch with a new account. Also, I want the ability to see analytics on a link that I add to multiple publications. This would be useful to show advertisers how many times their ad was clicked on during a given period of time.

Lauren N.
Branche: Design

Issuu Sofware Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Issuu is great for designers who want a means to show their work. The booklet template is very straightforward for clients not used to Issuu.

No complaints overall. A more minimal graphic interface might declutter focus from our posts.

Lori S.
Branche: Einzelhandel

ISSUU

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is a great product!

I love that ISSUU is easy to use. The platform helps me to upload a catalog for my customers, training materials for my team and it is all quick and easy!

I do not have any issues getting links I need to share.

Kelly M.
Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Issuu - Great software for nonprofits!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are happy that we are able to create a digital version of our annual report without having to create a separate design file from our printed version. We love how it creates a digital copy that looks like a booklet. The quality is excellent! We love that we are able to use html to embed it on our website and can use it on social media, too.

We use this software to create a digital version of our annual report each year! It creates a beautiful digital booklet that we are proud to share with our donors and the community through our online platforms

We are happy with the software and there is nothing we would change about it for what we use it for.

Jose N.

2020 Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's a really easy way to get my portfolio up, along with any presentation. I've been using issuu since 2011 and I've been a fan ever since.

It's also really easy to get your booklets printed - at a way more affordable price than most places as well.

Over the years, it's become limited due to popularity and usage. There were a lot more tools and features available to free subscribers. I don't need to use it enough to have to pay for a subscription, however, for those that use it to post their portfolios when needed, some more features would be nice.

Jennifer B.

HIghly recommend Issuu.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am very pleased with this product/service and highly recommend it!

Issuu is free for small post, & is user friendly.

There are no things, thus far, that I do not like about this product.