Issuu

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Engaging and Easy to Use

Bewertet am 18.12.2020

Overall, I have been quite happy with Issuu.

Issuu offers a very simple, easy to use and easy to understand platform which is refreshing. I also appreciate the options to add extra content like articles/stories to increase engagement on different devices.

The only problem we have run into with Issuu is the limited update and replace options. Other programs we have used in the past offered the option to replace a single page in the total publication - rather then having to re-upload the entire publication. When we are putting together a 100+ page publication, having to re-upload and re-link the entire thing if we find an issue on a single page can be a bit frustrating.

Rose L.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

We Couldn't Function without Issuu

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

We love Issuu! Not only has this helped us to convert more sales, but it helps our clients display their pricing & other offerings in a way that's really unique, easy to use, and beautiful.

There's really no reason NOT to give this company a shot, as they allow you to get started with no strings (or moolah) involved.

For the last ten or so years, we've been uploading our magazine designs to Issuu so other creatives can see how our templates look and can be displayed.

It's the only site we've found that allows users to flip through a publication like an actual magazine while allowing for clickable links. You can also choose to send over your publication digitally by sending clients your Issuu url, and you can hide your publication from the public, if needed.

Without Issuu, we wouldn't have sold thousands and thousands of our magazine templates. Their product was a GAME-CHANGER!

Without paying for a premium account, ads will be displayed below your publication. It definitely wasn't a deal-breaker, as we continue to use (and love) the free version of their software.

For larger businesses, I'd suggest upgrading so clients have a seamless branding experience across all platforms.

Ivan enrique R.
  • Branche: Musik

Perusal Material

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

I am rather satisfied with the product.

The opportunity to upload original material for others to peruse in a personal website is good. The ability to maintain it secure could be better but is also good.

I would love it to be more affordable or have student options, or even options for super small business that don’t yet make profit.

David W.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Issuu is just what we needed

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

In the pandemic climate, digital media is king. We have found great engagement with our ISSUU publications across our website, social media, and email campaigns. ISSUU makes it easy to share our work with anyone and everyone. The price is just right and they truly deliver on what they offer and promise. Utilize this software in anyway you can.

We like the digital design and delivery aspects of ISSUU. It is simple and understated, but robust at the same time. The auto recognition of email addresses and web links is a big plus. AND, the fact that we can create stories for social media is a pretty nice advantage over other providers.

Sometimes the software could be easier to use. For instance, uploading single pages to replace former pages might be a nice addition. In our line of work, little things change all the time (available degrees, contact persons or numbers, etc). Being able to update those easier would be a game changer.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC und Beautiful.ai

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Issuu

Price and product and proximity. The price was right, the product was just what we needed, and the proximity and accessibility to those we are trying to reach was just right. ISSUU has it all.
Amanda E.

Perfect for Online Publishing

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

We publish our literary magazine once a year with a print version, and we use Issuu for the online version. I love the way it allows for full-screen viewing and simulates page flipping. We simply export our InDesign files as a pdf and upload to Issuu. It's also a great place to find other literary magazines for inspiration!

No complaints. It would be nice to have the ad-free version, but in education the budget is tight, so we really appreciate the free version with ads.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Lucidpress

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Issuu

Though I used Lucidpress with our younger children so they could share and edit in the tool, Issuu seemed like a more professional product for our older students to use (as they already use InDesign to create). If Issuu were to provide a platform for design that was equal to InDesign and Photoshop, we would pay for it instead of InDesign and Photoshop.
Mark C.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Highly Recommended

Bewertet am 18.12.2020

Have used issuu for years for our publication and very satisfied.

The ease of use and customization was second to none. We have used this service for all of our digital issues over the years and will continue to.

We have not experienced any negative issues with the platform and highly recommend this for all your publication needs.

Bradley W.

Issuu sets the standard

Bewertet am 25.4.2021

I teach to a great variety of audiences. It's nice to know they can find my course materials easily. And once they find me, they can find all my materials in a convenient and easy-to-use form.

The creation of the PDF format was a leap forward. Without ways to share and view PDF files, the move toward a "paperless society" was problematic at best. Issuu helped users solve that problem. With Issuu, we can upload files and share links with many users via email or social media. The interface is clean and easy to use with enough customizability to make it look clean almost anywhere.

The one feature I miss in the free version is the ability to embed my PDF files on my websites. This is a rather basic function. I know the company has to make money and this is a feature that is worth paying for. It just hurts that it was free.

Margot T.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Missing the earlier days of analytics for all users

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I will always be grateful to Issuu for providing so many of us with a straightforward way to publish our work, and make it accessible to readers all around the world.

Issuu has been the best way to share my zine and art books online. I love that people can read them as flip-through publications (and not just as a Pdf). I've had an account for about 8 years, and it has allowed my work to be seen around the world, which has greatly added to my confidence as a creator and zine maker.

I would love for the analytics to be more accessible to all users, and not just those on Premium. I had a free account for many years, until I recently purchased the Premium tier because of an end-of-year offer. I'm excited to be able to sell publications, and I'm glad I can see my analytics once again, but I still find it too expensive. It would also be great to see more features that can help with layout and the creative part (sort of like Blurb and Bookwright). I also think the Visual Stories component can be better. I'd like to be able to edit where the text goes (centered, vs left or right), whether I'm using caps or lower case, etc.

Daniel K.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great interface, should be free to embed

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

As an early example of e-publication software, Issuu has helped our company share content consistently for nearly a decade.

I like the design of the reader and the ease of creating custom embedded readers most

The major con with Issuu is that embeds and other small features that used to be free are now only available to paid users, and the cost is very high. Basic functions are bundled into packages with premium services that I do not need, so I have started using other embedded readers on our website that are free of charge.

Vicki D.
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Issuu helps me educate my clients

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I love the look and functionality of my digital lookbooks. They're easy for my clients to use and they help give me an edge to look more professional and give a more luxury experience.

I use Issuu to upload my client session guides and lookbooks. It guides me through the steps of getting my work published and online. User interface is simple and intuitive. It's easy to share my work with my clients and the end product looks great!

So far I don't have any recommendations for changes.

Allié M.
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Why Just Read Content When You Can Experience It?

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

With Issuu, we were able to allow our audience to 'experience' content - not simply 'consume' it. The immersive and interactive interface gives us the ability to reach our audience in a way that resonates. We believe the very same content shared on a different platform would be a very different effect (a less impactful one). In need of a dynamic solution, as opposed to a static option, Issuu is the only platform we will use for our online magazine and resource guides.

With its ease of use and efficiency, I love the ability to repurpose and redistribute content with one asset across multiple channels. At the same time, it's entirely forgiving of human error with nearly realtime updates rendered for any and every edit.

Love to have customizable short links for the long URLS that are produced for the full screen experience. Also love to link visual stories to specific URLS. In addition, I'd love to be able to incorporate videos in article stories. :)

Jeffrey H.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best presentation of book previews

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

Being able to link to the book previews I upload gives the press a marketing and promotion advantage whereby readers can see exactly what the books look like. I am considering the plan which allows folks to buy a version and download the entire book, but I have not looked to deeply into the plan or its function.

Right now I use the free account as I have not been able to go to a paid account. But I love the product and hope to upgrade in the future. The issuu.com book previews are made from PDF files and easy to upload. They look just like the print books I design and have great features, such as being able to enlarge the document while maintaining a clear representation of the text, which is very sharp. The same is true of cover images. The entire function of the flippable document is far greater than any e-book I've seen.

I was disappointed to lose the embedding option but links are just fine to put on a website or media post. There are some minor issue with the old embed interfering with editing a page in Wordpress but it is not difficult to re-do a page.

Kimara W.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Wonderful tool with features out of reach

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

Our school definitely appreciates having a home on the web to archive our publications. Professional appearance with nice sorting capabilities. Nice social sharing and easy to pull out stories for custom sharing. Well done.

There are so many features that cost. As a small private educational institution who is not wanting to use Issuu to sell, we cannot afford the $20 each month to house our materials, even though begin able to schedule to publish and allow viewers to occasionally download would be excellent. We wish there was a educational/non-profit discount. We use smugmug for exactly the same purposes with photos, and their $75/year is very doable to gain some extra features over the free version. There are commercial features we miss out on there as well, but we don't sell our photos either, so it's just right.

Jan K.
  • Branche: E-Learning

Teaching Online Publishing with Issuu

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

When students ask about doing independent study projects in page layout /magazine design, the many types of publications that can be found on Issuu have been an excellent resource and inspiration.

Issuu is amazingly simple to navigate. In particular this year when most class work has been online, I was able to teach students basic page layout using Google Docs. The pdf that students produced was easily uploaded to Issuu and the link shared with their classmates for critique. Of course they could share a Google Doc link, but everyone loved the way that Issuu allowed their work to be opened up into a double page spread that could easily be flipped forward or backward to view. They are aware that a subscription would remove ads, but as novices, it is great to become aware of possibilities for marketing and other publication.

I found this equally easy to use whether using InDesign or a simple Google Docs pdf. I can’t think of anything that I would change.

Theresa P.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great product, but free gets you practically nothing

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

Interface is good. Everything is easy to navigate. Uploading publications is quick and easy. Detailed statistical breakdowns make it easy to see where content is being viewed and how often. If you're willing to pay for it, Issuu offers lot of features. I'm sure there are other Pros to Issue, but I will not be paying for an upgraded plan to discover them.

You keep taking away features from the free version. At this point, I'm just using Issuu for the online reader. It's very disappointing that I can't even embed a basic reader anymore. That was a great feature which I used on my portfolio sites, but I will not pay for it. For the minimal amount of time I use Issuu, I cannot rationalize spending a minimum of $19/month. Would be nice if you could re-arrange the publications you add to a Stack, instead of it organizing based on add date.

Betsy J.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A straightforward tool that has helped my business grow

Bewertet am 5.1.2021

I love how simple the platform is for both publishers and consumers. I'm a relatively light user, but I have never once felt the need tp even consider other platforms. It has an attractive interface and makes my job easier.

I sometimes feel the language in the UX and in tutorials and the pricing model etc is so specific to typical magazines where there is a single design distributed to the masses. I have a very different use case where I sell customer one-off magazine designs to clients and use Issuu to work through revisions and approvals with them. I also maintain my issuu profile as a way to showcase my work. I'm sure there are lots of other unique use cases too. Really, this is such a small nit, but it is the one thing I would complain about if I had to.

Amy P.
  • Branche: Druck

Great Product

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

We had to look for a new PDF hosting site a few years back when we had to switch websites and I found Issuu on a whim and we haven't looked back. It offers us an easy way to get our issues online each month while also allowing us to link back to our advertisers. It takes about an hour or two every month to get everything set up for our current issues and it's ready for viewing then and there. It's truly one of the most helpful sites in our workspace.

I love how simple it is to upload an issue, edit in some information about it, apply links to all our advertisers ads, and get it out to our readers. Everything is pretty intuitive and if a feature isn't, you can pretty much figure it out within a half hour.

I do wish it was easier to edit Stacks from the publisher homepage, but it's still an easy enough process as it currently is.

Eric L.

Good experience

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

Overall very good experience with Issuu. It has been a good plate form for my profession and work I do. Good representation and efficient layout make it appealing for users. Highly recommend.

Easy of use. Efficient layout. Graphic of the plate form.

Some options are expensive to use. As some options such as download pdf are not for free.

Annie V.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Using Issuu every month to share community magazine

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

Our readers have given us positive feedback about enjoying to read our magazine on Issuu, so we plan to continue using the software! I've also used it on other projects for our businesses.

My business is a monthly print magazine and we have been using Issuu since 2013 and have seen the software evolve over the years and continue to add new features! I love being able to browse and find other publications. The interface is a beautiful way to display PDFs and allow users to feel like they are flipping through a publication. They have added be functions such as links and making text searchable. I also like how you can create smaller, select stories with certain pages only. The analytics are also very helpful

Issuu has helped us meet a business need as we use it to share our monthly magazine with our readers and then embed it to our website. I would say it is worth the basic subscription but for a small business, it is hard to afford the premium accounts that are actually quite pricey.

Don E.
  • Branche: Zeitung

Newspaper Readers Get the Full Experience

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

Readers who can't pick up our free weekly due to the limitations of the pandemic really appreciate seeing the digital pages in Issuu. They get to see all of our creative layouts and useful print ads that they miss out on when browsing our website.

I really want to change our user name/url. We chose the wrong one when signed up years ago and it's not an option for us to start over from scratch with a new account. Also, I want the ability to see analytics on a link that I add to multiple publications. This would be useful to show advertisers how many times their ad was clicked on during a given period of time.

Gerald S.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

The New Virtual Magazine Stand

Bewertet am 23.4.2021

It has been a pleasurable experience. I still visit Issuu almost daily because that is where my organizations post our publication and I can easily refer to it by just going to the internet. I love that we can easily share things and that It is open for all to see. It really is I feel, the global news stand of the pandemic

It really is something I never seen before, It just allows organizations to publish their print information to a platform that is accessible to all. I also like the fact that is can be easily integrated to other websites while still retaining its functionality. So it is like a platform or library of all these publications that everyone can use as resources.

I feel like it's design for user interface is not too friendly, I find myself having a hard time navigating through lets say a magazine. If I wanted to see a detail or zoom in, I find it quite difficult to move around. So I would like a more seamless experience. The pop up ads are also quite invasive.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Worth It, Plain & Simple

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I love it! I'll keep using it and I consider it the industry standard for digital publication.

Issuu is fantastic, I love how smooth the user interface is, how easy it is to upload, and the ability to organize all of your publications into stacks. With nearly 1000 publications on the site, it makes distribution easy.

The newer features need to be fleshed out more. Mobile friendly article creation isn't bad, but it doesn't recognize paragraphs that stretch across 2 columns, and it struggles with photos sometimes. The article stories are a bit abysmal though, it doesn't make it easier than using Illustrator/Photoshop.

Lauren N.

Issuu Sofware Review

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

Issuu is great for designers who want a means to show their work. The booklet template is very straightforward for clients not used to Issuu.

No complaints overall. A more minimal graphic interface might declutter focus from our posts.

Lori S.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

ISSUU

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

This is a great product!

I love that ISSUU is easy to use. The platform helps me to upload a catalog for my customers, training materials for my team and it is all quick and easy!

I do not have any issues getting links I need to share.

Ana B.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy tool for sharing visual documents

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

Overall I have recommended to many people and used it for years and will continue to use it for professional visual based document sharing for professional situations

This is an easy to use tool for uploading and sharing anything from resumes and sample work, to presentations, that may be difficult to share via email. It is professional in appearance and easy to switch out or update documents if needed.

I have only used the free version and feel anything that is lacking is because I haven’t purchased the upgrade to access additional editing or enhancing capabilities. I will say sometimes it glitches out on me but I just refresh and try again