Lightyear

Daniel V.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Great Software to Streamline your Accounts Payable Process

Bewertet am 11.3.2021

I find Lightyear easy to use and I have only had positive feedback from clients.

I love the automation of data extraction and the built in approval process Lightyear has to offer. It helps me to get my clients data correct, having the correct expenses and payables, and it means I can get multiple levels of approvals before the invoice hits the GL.

Sometimes the OCR doesn't work the way I expect, but I know they are constantly improving the software and I'm confident it will be better in future.

Hubdoc und Dext Prepare

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

Lightyear data extraction was much better than the rest and the built in approval process means I can ease the pressure from the business owners and put it back on the staff, but the business owners still have ultimate control of the suppliers.

Game changer

Bewertet am 12.6.2020

Fantastic, over the couple of years I have been using the program I have had nothing less than outstanding service from the support team and after initially only using it for my larger clients, it has been an easy decision to bring all my clients across to the platform. The program is intuitive to use and easy to implement and scale up or down depending on the client and approvals process needed.

The invoice approval function was the reason for initially coming across to Lightyear but the statement reconciliation process was a hidden surprise that has enabled my last remaining paper based clients to take the leap to being completely paperless. The integrity of the data being exported to the accounting software is much better than other programs.

My clients who use purchase orders are currently needing to batch together the PO pdf & supplier invoice images before sending to Lightyear which would be amazing if we could either match them up within the app, or issue PO's direct from the app which are then able to be viewed with the supplier invoice.

Warum Lightyear gewählt wurde

My clients needed a program which offered a layered approvals process

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

It was some time ago now and I can't recall all the other programs we looked at, but Lightyear really came out as the only contender due to the price point and the approvals process.
Laure F.
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool to process accounts payables

Bewertet am 16.9.2021

Great value for money, time saving, user friendly, outstanding customer service, provides everything you need to process creditors invoices

I have never had a bad experience with Lightyear. Whenever something doesn't work (which barely happens), their team is always very responsive and the problem gets solved super quickly

Hubdoc

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

Much better product than the other alternatives
Michael C.

Failure

Bewertet am 9.1.2019

Terrible is all i can say to be honest

Nothing to like about light year it is doesn’t work simple

Slow, Unstable, inaccurate ocr of invoices causing excessive manual re-entry of invoices, customer support non existent as they can’t do anything as it is a terrible system I have waited for improvements over the last 3 months they haven’t happened stay from lightyear find something else

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Michael, Thank you for the feedback. I've reviewed your history on our system and I believe you were using our system in the early days whilst it was still in Beta and were also having some connection issues with internet speeds. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with the product, certainly not what we strive for at Lightyear.

Lightyear is now in full release and has been receiving great reviews all round with a much improved user experience and speed. Our team would be very happy to spend some time with you and show you the product now if you like. Just drop the team a line if so.. Many thanks, Chris.

Melanie L.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Lightyear -very easy to use and saves time and printing . User friendly .

Bewertet am 24.9.2021

Software is very easy to use and to understand. Screens provide relevant invoice information.
Corrections on invoices can be made easily if required by the user.
Adding notes to invoices is very helpful for future reference.
Looking up archived invoices is also very useful. Creditors statements can also be stored so no need to print them.
Setting up new users is very easy and quick.
Invoices that need to be mapped by Lightyear are mapped in a timely manner .
There are regular improvements and updates on Lightyear which benefit the user.

Hard code description against suppliers when it is always the same description that needs to be entered

Leigh D.

Excellent Accounts Payable System

Bewertet am 4.9.2020

Our clients can see where their AP invoices are at any point in time as well as the value of AP "in progress". The fact that the system picks up duplicates is the game changer for us. Reconciling & "filing" statements is an absolute breeze.

We love how this product enables our clients to check & approve their invoices before the invoices land in Xero. We know that anything in Xero is checked & ready to be paid. Easy for multiple people to have access & sign off. All AP is in one place & finding historical invoices is a breeze.

Reading OCR receipts has been a bit behind other competitors but improvement is coming through really quickly.

Hubdoc

Warum Lightyear gewählt wurde

Controls are tighter in Lightyear but the product is so easy to use & can easily be customised to the level of control that our clients need. Visibility of the flow of invoices through the approval process is perfect. The Dashboard makes it so easy for our Corporate clients to manage their AP really well and for us to manage the bookkeeping for our clients. All our clients from corporates to sole traders love Lightyear - they can have access to the data they need 24/7.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

When we looked at Hubdoc about 18 months ago, Lightyear was already far more advanced than what Hubdoc was offering.
Christine S.

Love it!

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

I've used the software for years and have always found it to be reliable and the support start are fantastic if ever I need help with something.

There are so many things I love about Lightyear. The new statement reconciliation feature though is a game changer! Lightyear tells you what invoices are missing and allows you to contact the supplier to request missing invoices direct from the software. Amazing!!!

There's not much I don't like about the software, and the things that I would like are already in the works.

Warum Lightyear gewählt wurde

Invitbox was been owned by Reckon and had not supported or upgraded for some time. The original developers for Invitbox took it back and rebuilt it from the ground up. Invitbox, even unsupported and without upgrades, was an awesome piece of software and superseded the functionality of it's competitors such as ReceiptBank. Since the original team was coming back on board, it was a no-brainer.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

With Lightyear, you can delegate approvals into groups, so if you have multiple cost centres like the hotels that we do the bookkeeping for, the Chef isn't seeing bills which need to be approved by the Cellarman. Also, you can have suppliers that you don't want everyone to see, so you can select that only certain people see them. As well as multi-level approvals so the General Manager can check off and I as the bookkeeper can check the data is accurate before bringing it into the accounting software. In conjunction with the integration with Xero happens within seconds so you're not waiting for your bills to come across from one software into another.
Lloyd S.

Great Support

Bewertet am 26.5.2020

We've been using Light Year for a little while now. It's been a little up and down with the uptake from our clients as some are of a more traditional mindset and do not want to convert to paperless. Some clients also take a little longer to acclimate to the system then others, but once setup and working, each client on light year improves efficiency by about 20%.

More over, the support and continued patience of the team at Light Year, especially Tom, has been astounding. Due to job changes, they've helped train any and all staff as we've seen fit. Have listened to ideas, and implemented workarounds where possible, truly making this a system we can use above other similar products.

They also offer that support to our clients who may otherwise be struggling and are always on hand 24/7 to call, video conference or chat online to anyone who needs assistance.

The support from the team is fantastic and are always on hand to help and assist.
Feedback and suggestions on the system are welcomed and implemented if possible and useful.
Invoices no longer need manually entering!
Option to automate the process of receiving invoices entirely, doing away with any need to upload - instead just get them emailed directly into Light Year.

A few of the options appear to be placed on pages I wouldn't expect, but nothing particularly bad.

AutoEntry und Dext Prepare

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

The other options were either underdeveloped, or offered no a very strict, uncompromising service that did not fit within our company. They also relied too heavily on OCR. Light Year while newer than some of it's competitors, chose a different approach and worked with us to see if their solution could help, and even added and updated features to make it fit more into our company.

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Great to hear how that the support team has been fantastic. We will pass this along to them.

Kamil W.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great product that's getting even better with every update

Bewertet am 21.6.2021

First of all, Lightyear is a standalone application that you can, but don't have to integrate with your accounting software. Second of all, strightaway you know the costs of adding it to your business. The price list is on their website and it's fair.
The setup did require some thinking about workflows and user experience, so I took my time there.
But once the suppliers and maps are set up and automation rules kick in, the whole AP process becomes much less painful. I almost enjoy it now ;). The most important features like reading the invoices, accurately mapping them, and assigning them to correct approvers work very well. It saves time, effort and annoyances. The Lightear support team is a very helpful and friendly bunch. I even did a small survey among colleagues and asked what they thought of Lightyear. No surprise - everyone likes it. I highly recommend this product!

No option to add multiple attachments to invoice at once.

Adobe Sign

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

It's standalone and doesn't need costly integrations with accounting software or involving IT support.
Andy F.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to implement and works very well

Bewertet am 28.5.2021

Has helped modernize the way our company processes and stores invoices, hard to envisage the company going back to the way it was before.

Easy to use and has vastly improved the time to process our payments while providing significantly more oversight for our executive team.

Integration with existing procedures was very easy but would require the company's accounts/purchasing team to be hands on during the process.

Medius AP Automation

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

Cost and Lightyear took our queries more seriously and responded with much more urgency.
Glenda M.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lightyear makes invoice handling very easy and more accurate.

Bewertet am 10.6.2020

Stone & Wood has a non-corporate and egalitarian culture. Employees are held in trust to do the right thing when purchasing with budgets as a guide. We don't have a purchasing department and we have flexible guidelines on buying stuff. However the board of directors and the auditors want black and white figures and proper accounting standards. I would not be able manage two very different requirements without Lightyear. I would need a lot more staff!

What I like most about Lightyear is how easy and versatile it is to use. It saves so much time! Invoices come into Lightyear and are identifiable immediately. Important information from the invoice is automatically read and displayed. Invoice details are easily updated, added and authorised in the one program. The beauty of this is that it happens before it reaches our accounting software which makes the process much more flexible and accurate.

All our invoices and statements are stored electronically in this clever filing cabinet and any one granted access can see the actual invoice PDF anytime and quickly. Much easier and more secure than within accounting programs or Outlook.

If a supplier has sent an invoice to lightyear, it doesn't go missing. It can't be lost. if it can't be read by Lightyear, it bounces out to your appointed email.

Lightyear provides a thorough audit trail. Every time an invoices is read, edited, sent, authorised or declined, etc it is recorded.

As we use SAP accounting software, which is not cloud based, our software integration took a bit longer. The team at Lightyear (then Invitbox) worked with our SAP provider helping them write and produce the integration document.

Chris S.

Lightyear works as promised

Bewertet am 25.5.2020

Lightyear provided more accurate invoices from different kinds of suppliers and minimised the need for manual input, provides transparency as all the history is included with the bill and allow for Approvers to view the invoices for their area so provides confidentiality and saves them time.
Staff skills and time can be used more productively on more than inputting invoices.

Every step of the process has been excellent and the ongoing support has continued to be excellent.
The initial contact was responsive and guided through the set up to allow us start processing quickly.
The product is logical to follow and easy to view and provides options every step of the way.
The data extraction is very accurate and adaptable to different supplier invoices and the mapping team is very quick. This is more accurate than our previous software.
To email queries from within Lightyear saves so much time and hassle looking for emails and provides great transparency.
Separation of users to their department only
Choosing where we export to Xero has been essential to facilitate approval levels
Lightyear continues to improve their
Service to queries has been responsive and solutions are specific to our company using information and not a regurgitating the help function.

There is a lot of functionality and detail so can be a little overwhelming.
Support videos and notes focus on administrators but could find information on guiding from the other user roles perceptive after initial guide when first login

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Many thanks for the review. Great to hear that you are finding the data-extraction to be more accurate and quicker than your previous supplier.

Justin N.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Efficient, intelligent and easy-to-use

Bewertet am 25.5.2020

The team at Lightyear are hospitality-experienced and so empathise and comprehend my business and the daily problems I need to resolve. They are fantastic to deal with - grounded, patient (I test them on this), understanding and always willing to help and train. They are more than a supplier - they are a true business partner, with the best interests of my business as their main concern (even if it means cutting themselves short a few dollars here and there). A great company to have on your side, and an inspirational team to work with.

Once set up, it's a one-stop-shop for invoice receipt, accounts payable and receivable reconciliation, cost management, and business information. It is intuitive and simple to use, extremely cost-effective and takes out some of the most mundane and laborious tasks so I have more time to work on improving my business and keeping front-of-house. I could not recommend it more highly.

There's nothing I dislike about this product - I am overly happy to have it as part of my suite of tools.

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Many thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that you are taking full advantage of Lightyear.

Mark A.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Terrific Service and a Continually Improving Product

Bewertet am 24.3.2021

Overall, it's been fantastic. There is no such thing as a perfect system, but it is the people behind the software which really impress me. The fact that when things go awry, it is so easy to open the instant chat and speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a great touch. The service is paramount. I've had issues which were solved overnight which comes to show they really do listen.

Lightyear is visually pleasing-it's quite simple to use and understand. From the user perspective who inputs data on invoices and approves them, it's straightforward and the layout of the software does not show you more than what you need to see, however, underneath the simple processes there is complexity. Lightyear makes supplier creation, GL code settings linked to export files such as Excel, and GST codes etc are somehow made simple to set up. One thing I find particularly great is whenever I input an ABN number during the Supplier Creation process, it autofills the Supplier Name field. Additionally, this is a drop down menu, so i am able to choose ANY of the Business Names linked to this ABN.

Sometimes, there have been system bugs and I'm unable to export data for a brief amount of time, or when we top up credits to use the system, the old credits are not rolled over their expiry date. It would be great if there was a notification in place to let us know that our credits are expiring soon or we are running low. Also, there are some things which cannot be customised. For example, the Export to File which is a function that exports invoice data into a spreadsheet, cannot be modified from my end. Lightyear do add features from time to time, but I'm not sure if consumer recommendations are actually involved in the process.

Jane S.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This software took away our headaches with accounts payable

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

We love using Lightyear. It provides a fast, smooth process for auto processing and two-step approval. This saves us time and gives us the control process we need with administration staff checking mapping and accounts along with Directors approving the bill for payment; all before getting exported to Xero.
Customer support is helpful and timely , especially during the set-up process.

Integrates seamlessly and easily with Xero - our accounting software

The option for single, double or exec approval process within Lightyear - meaning bills can be directly exported to the payment tab in Xero rather than draft.

Ability to file statements within the software - very handy with suppliers that send multiple dkts then ask you to pay on a statement

Minor wish list item:The archive tab for completed bills would be handier to search if located on the horizontal tab area where reviews, approvals are shown - rather than only accessible from the left-hand menu bar.

Diego B.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great AP tool for your business

Bewertet am 11.5.2020

User friendly platform, great support and an outstanding approval options. I recommend Lightyear to all my clients, specially the ones that requires a complex approval process before the bill is imported to the accounting system.

The approval options definitely is the differential of Lightyear. From a simple 2 steps approval, to up to 3 executive approval, there are many options that can suit the most complex business.
Another strong point from Lightyear is their support. You usually gets a response on the same day.

Their subscription is based on the number of transactions, so if your business manages a large quantity of bills, it might become a bit expensive.

Hubdoc und Dext Prepare

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

Due to their approval options.

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Many thanks for the review. Glad to hear that the approvals are making your life easier.

Daniel H.

Accounts Payable Perfection

Extremely happy.

Lightyear allows us to easily manage the accounts payable process across our entire client base. It's unqiue mapping extraction process as well as logical flow of information, clean user interface, filing cabinet, approval process, inventory and duplicate recognition make it in my opinion the best accounts payable solution on the market. There support team is second to none.

Integrations with more POS programs or even job management programs would only increase Lightyears potential.

Hubdoc, Datamolino und Dext Prepare

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

The additional functionality and accuracy of the extraction process/technology.

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you are taking full advantage of LIghtyear. We are always working on new integrations and more are coming soon.

Yvette M.

Lightyear is fantastic

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

Since purchasing lightyear it's made a huge difference to our business.

It's hugely free'd up my time as the invoice processing is automatic now and all I have to do is check the coding for new products and then import them into our accounting system.

It's made each head of department responsible for their own invoices and the processing of them which is great.

It's stream lined our accounting processing as it's compatible software system MYOB plus our POS system Bepoz for beverage inventory and stock takes so we don't have to double enter invoices anymore into 2 different systems.

It's free'd up my office from paper and files.

I highly reccomend it to any business, it's fantastic.

Lightyear makes invoice processing and filing efficient and time effective. I have now set up departments within the parent comapany so we can split our food cost per department easily. It integrates with our POS system Bepoz, which our Beverage Manager is extremly happy with. It makes his stocktakes more efficient and takes him less time and also integrates with our accountimg system MYOB which is extremely efficient.

Sometimes the export to MYOB lags and I have to do it numerous times before they actually move across. I can live with that!

Merran B.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Accounts Payable Game Changer

Bewertet am 1.6.2020

Kudos to Team Lightyear for delivering a full range Accounts Payable solution in a simple and effective package. After researching a number of similar products, we implemented Lightyear over a year ago and it has transformed the way we manage our suppliers across all business divisions. Automation ensures integrity of data flows and authorisations through all our core systems and provides a comprehensive audit trail for every document - from when it was received from the supplier, across every interaction and through to our accounting system. Data processing time has halved and all users can source information directly through the simple online document storage feature.

Implementation was seamless and the team managed to deliver the entire product remotely and in record time. Support is strong and fast, and I love seeing continued enhancements and new features in the software. I recommend Lighyear to my peers often - a great solution for any business.

Simplicity - easy for non-finance users to navigate
Clear audit trail on all interactions with documentation
Very cost efficient

I would like to see a bounced email feature when a supplier directs their invoice to a slightly incorrect email address - as far as I can see, if the Lightyear email address is incorrect, neither the supplier or the receiving entity is aware

Soonah W.

Growth Enabler

Bewertet am 19.2.2020

Using this program has centralised our accounts payable system. its has allowed us to mazimise growth through the use of a time saving effieciently tool and also offering features that other do not eg approvals, statement mapping, line item, price matching etc

Streamlined our processes and added features of line mapping, statement mapping, price matching

that when you log into the app on mobile devise you have to re-enter the password every tiem

Antwort von Lightyear Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hello Soonah, Many thanks for your review. We are lad to hear about all the other features you are taking advantage of.
The issue with logging in everytime to the mobile app should now be resolved and you will stay logged in for longer.

John M.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lightyear are a true business partner

Bewertet am 26.5.2020

The Lightyear team are an absolute joy to work with, absolutely passionate about their product, and absolutely passionate about your customer journey. Lightyear provide fantastic support, with investment in comprehensive system training, onboarding and seamless accounts system integration even before you have committed to buy. The transition from our original processes took approximately one day!

Lightyear have now fully automated our AP function, embedding improved and auditable controls, and is now a fundamental part of our business processes.

Lightyear truly are a business partner in every sense of the word.

The functionality of Lightyear is incredible. This solution fully incorporates digitisation of all aspects of the AP function including data extraction from invoices, a full invoice depository, approval workflows via email and app, audit trails, seamless integration with our accounting system, automated supplier statement reconciliation, to name but a few. It can even verify supplier invoice line pricing to agreed pricing product price lists!

The system is user intuitive, with the process was so natural that rolling this out across the team was simplicity itself.

And pricing is scalable to usage, providing totally affordable Rolls Royce functionality to any organisation.

Have found no cons to date! Thee are certain upgrades in the pipeline for approver interface via the app and email which will further enhance the already existing superiority of this product.

Lisa S.

Wonderful Product

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

Time saving and accurate. The archive tab is a wonderful tool for our department managers to look up invoices without interrupting the Accounts team. The inventory function is great as well. I was sceptical when first introduced to Lightyear after returning from Long Service Leave but now I just couldn't imagine working without it. Being cloud based it is easy to work from home.

We never lose an invoice. Even if we accidently delete an invoice we can return it for processing. We have reached our goal of being almost paper free. The processing, approval, review and signing off tabs are wonderful and provides us with a simple system that provides accountability from our department managers. So easy to use and saves so much time.

A very small number of our supplier invoices can't be mapped but with the overall benefits of this system it is just a minimal issue.

Sharon B.

Lightyear

Bewertet am 11.6.2020

It's saved a lot of time for my business and it works for all of my clients. I have some interstate clients and it's a speedy way to agree and make payments on daily invoices coming through for approval etc. We can all view the same invoice at the same time if there is an issue and easily resolve then and there.

I love that all my actions can be taken out in one place - it's stores/archives all information received and is easily searched upon.

I would like to see an option to archive 'Service Reports' - it's not always just invoices and statements that come through but often a 'supporting' document that I don't like to delete.

Andrei G.
  • Branche: Bau

Outstanding Product

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

We've been using LightYear for 8 months now. We process 1200 AP bills per month and have found the software to be easy to use, accurate and bug-free. Initial training and implementation was a breeze and we were up and running in a very short time which was excellent. I highly recommend LightYear!

Easy to use, easy and fast to implement, seamless integration with Xero, outstanding product support and customer service

We'd like to be able to integrate LightYear with other tools in our stack which is not yet available however the team have assured me this will become available in the not too distant future

Switched accounting system to Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightyear

LightYear is a much higher quality product
Mike E.

Must have software

Bewertet am 12.6.2020

I found Lightyear easy to use and value for money. I can't recommend it enough!

The Lightyear software is very affordable, user friendly and easy to implement. It does have many functionalities and the integration to NetSuite ERP system is very robust. The accuracy of data extraction is impeccable. What I valued most though is the customer service. The Lightyear team has made the implementation and ongoing operation of the software a breeze.

The Lightyear software is feature packed. However, more could be done in the space of multi level coding and exporting capabilities.

PaperSave