eM Client

E-Mail-, Kalender-, Kontakt- und Aufgabenintegration.

Sortieren nach

Evan
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

eM Client - good email client for small office

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

Our overall experience with eM Client is very positive. I would be happy to recommend it to any one looking for a good, reliable, traditional email client that is cheaper than Outlook. In fact, I like it better than Outlook anyway and though we now have Office 365 inc Outlook I have no intention of moving from eM Client.

One of our users has a strong aversion to webmail. eM Client is a good option for a traditional email client. Very much cheaper than Outlook but looks and feels familiar so is easy to use. We move to eM Client from Thunderbird and like the integration of eM Client with Google Contacts very helpful.

No particular issues. It's cheaper than Outlook but competes more with free clients so it would be nice of eM Client were cheaper than it is, but can't really complain as it doesn't cost much, is regularly updated and has given good, reliable service over many years.

Paul
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

eM Client is one of my most important daily/hourly tools

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

I've been using it for years because no other email client works as well, at least for what I need. I don't want to have my email stored on the external servers, I want local copies (leaving them on the server as well for remote access) and that means a local client on my desktop computer. I combine it with MailWasherPro and together my email experience is painless.

Multiple accounts, easy auto-configuration of new accounts. Customizable aliases on accounts.

Confusion over how many inbox folders there are.

Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I was excited, but terrible reliability and horrible support changed that.

Bewertet am 2.6.2020

The reliability is awful, but the customer service... wow. If they were any quieter over there, we'd have to be in the vacuum of space.

If I could buy this company, fire every employee and finish their system I would. I suspect they have very little development capability, or they are outsourcing all of this and that explains why getting fixes done is impossible at best.

The interface looks great (but has issues), it's fast and has some good features, but mostly they don't work as expected.

The search function doesn't work.
That's right IMAP users... No searching for e-mails. No matter what.

If I am looking for an e-mail from my #1 client, I first have to look on my cell phone, find the date and time in eM client and then sort by the Received By name. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. 99% of the time I am stuck using my cell phone to reply to people because eM client search doesn't work.

If I have an upcoming meeting, occasionally (1 time out of 30) I can find the e-mail by typing in any ONE word that I can think MIGHT be in the e-mail message. You can't search by e-mail address, or name, subject nothing.

I dealt with it for 2 years. I submitted countless documents, proof and technical information to support, and all they do is ignore me. I now am forced to just send them an e-mail every two weeks saying "Hello? Any update?" .... Silence.

I'm a software engineer. I own a software company. I told them how to fix all of it. I offered for free, since it's been 2 years. They're not interested at all in fixing it.

Beyond that, e-mails in the inbox show that they are from different people, people that I haven't talked to since I created my e-mail account. Why you ask? They blame it on "incomplete headers". I submitted header comparisons between all sorts of mixed up messages showing no difference... What was their explanation? Nothing. Silence.

John
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good basic email client program (used with MS Outlook Live)

Bewertet am 12.10.2019

It's super-easy to setup, works well and has a clean interface. The developers keep it updated. It does all the simple things we need an email and calender/scheduling client to do.

It's simple and the free version is good for our purposes. It is so much easier than having to log into MS Outlook everytime I want to check email. Between my wife and my self we have 4 online freemail Outlook accounts. One of them is for our business which is the most important and highly used. We have a quick and easy view of all for accounts in on window. You can prioritize accounts since uou may want to be notified for some accounts over others when email arrives. Integration is solid with Outlook Live.

Sometimes the program does not update right away when opening. There are also time you have to click on the folder to see how many emails are in it. It should show this automatically without having to do anyhting. I'm not sure if this is how it operates for everyone or if it's my particular setup. I also wish they had more themes for the free version but this is hardly a big issue.

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

Thunderbird was more complicated to setup and the interface was not as "clean" looking. It also had more features than we needed. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it just complicated things for me when setting up.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

We used to use Windows Mail which worked fine but Microsoft discontinued support for it. After that we tried Mozilla Thunderbird (OK but clunky and ugly) and Mailbird Lite which did not have enough features at the time.
Simon
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A modern email, calendar and contact manager

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

I have a very large mail database which can make it slow, however most things work very well.

Integration of the different features. GMail and Exchange integration.

Mail filtering is too simple. Need to be able to create complex rules, using different headers.
Calendar should alert conflicts when accepting an invitation or scheduling a new meeting.

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

Calendar, Contact and Mail integration. Look and feel.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Outlook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

Desktop application that mostly just works.
David
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

eM Client Review by Bosworth

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

It is my sole email reading program on 2 computers.

It is comparatively easy to use and has more useful features than more basic programs.

Searching sometimes doesn't work, or at least seems problematical searching email content area. Email not containing search request yields emails not containing requested terms.

Antwort von eM Client Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback! If you ever encounter search inconsistencies, please consider sending us details (what the searched term was, EML of the message that was found incorrectly or not found via right-click>Save as, and your search settings in the drop-down of the search tab) so we can look into it!
Contact either support or info@emclient.com, we'll be happy to resolve any problems.

Patrick
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Nice Alternative email app

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

Importing my data from MS Outlook was so easy I didn't actually realize that it happened except for the prompts to let me know that it was trying. I like the layout of the program as it just make sense to me to have the emails list on the side and the reading or preview pane beside it.

The only thing I would add would be a way to delete emails by single click instead of the Right Click option. Otherwise, there is not much to dislike about this app.

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

Price and it is not Microsoft.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

Price, ease of use, ease of setup and importing.
Alison
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Excellent software

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

Able to keep up to date through email and calendar with clients which makes my life easier.

The email syncs perfectly and I never miss messages. I love the fact that it offers, email, Calendar and acceto contacts at the click of a button. Also great free version of the software, it has everything Outlook had but free.

There is no complaints from me. Everything is easy to use.

Harsh
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Light weight wonderful mail client to start with for free

Bewertet am 3.3.2022

A stop shop for your personal mail management. Easy navigation, better features as compared to other mail clients, professional version available for business needs.

Easy installation, easy sync with your mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo etc. Light weight, has most required features for a basic user. Good on user interface and user experience

Preference management or user profile build up could be improved as per user's taste

Mark
  • Branche: Bau

Great Alternative to Outlook

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

It has been a reliable and solid product that integrates flawlessly with Google services.

- Fantastic integration with Google calendar and contacts
- Flexible email configuration supporting most email services
- Great support
- Very stable and reliable

- Email editor is a little limited when compared to some other options

Ricardo Sandy
  • Branche: Übersetzung und Lokalisierung

The A Team of E-mail Client

Bewertet am 31.8.2019

I used to spend too much time logging into different e-mail providers just to check e-mail messages and communicate with colleagues and clients. Now I only need to open my eM Client software and see all e-mail accounts in one integrated dashboard. There is no more hassle and productivity has increased manyfold during my use of this software.

I like its superb functionality and flexibility. You can add accounts for the majority of e-mail providers, create contacts and tasks, subscribe to internet calendars, use Google Hangouts directly from within the software without having to logging into your Gmail account, assign labels to e-mail threads with different colors. The greatest advantage is that you can purchase a lifetime license at a bargain and receive all future updates for free.

It lacks official themes and seldom releases feature updates.

Zoho Mail

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

I made the switch because I was looking for a more flexible and secure software at a great price.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

I chose eM Client over this alternative product because I liked the pricing scheme and all features and benefits that it might offer to users.
Ben

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

Bewertet am 27.3.2018

eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders.

It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients.

Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again.

In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders.

As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

Tim
  • Branche: Bau

Awsome products

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

I needed a product similar to outlook when we switched providers and emclient fit the bill. I been happy with it for over 5 years.

It is easy to use and works with several email providers.

Hard to figure out how to remove names associated with emails that have changed to different people.

Thunderbird Outlook Converter

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

We changed email providers.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Outlook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

We liked it better overall.

Antwort von eM Client Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback! If you have some names connected to specific email, you can remove them either from your contacts or from the Recipients history in Menu>Settings>Compose. If you have trouble removing any specific one, please send me more details to olivia@emclient.com, I will be happy to help.

Desiree
  • Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great Product, Just One Major Kink

Bewertet am 12.4.2020

I had to uninstall eM Client and go back to Thunderbird which has a lot more functionality than eM, but I don't need all of that. I liked that eM was a kind of "middle of the road" (just the right amount) of functionality/features AND they have a nicer GUI than Thunderbird (more modern). But, the syncing errors and issues just drove me crazy. So, I'm back with Thunderbird for now. I may try them again in the near future to see if the kinks were worked out or if it just all of a sudden will sync right with my accounts, because they are worth a second look. If you are someone that needs a little more than just very basic functions, but don't want over kill and aren't a highly advanced email client user, then I will definitely consider eM Client. You may not encounter the issues I did....they are worth a look!

I loved the UI of the email client and that they allowed a few emails accounts in their free version. I loved the price on the full/pro version as well and was going to purchase if it weren't for one large kink....But, I will say this: even though the issues wasn't resolved in my case, the customer support and moderators on their forum were all very helpful and responded pretty quickly. I just wish the issue had been able to be fixed because I really did like the software, functionality/features it offered, and the price point to be able to add all my email accounts.

I kept having sync error problems with my MS emails and my Gmail. I didn't have 2FA initialized so an app password was not needed. Using my email and login (standard setup) should have worked just fine, but i think that there were syncing or connection issues at the time I used it.

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

I wanted something with a more modern UI, and slim-lined, a little less features so I didn't get lost in functionality overkill.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

Didn't have the possible spyware (Facebook plugin) that MailBird has and Mailbird was fairly pricey due to all their features. Mailspring was fine, but then started glitching and never responded to support emails asking questions on how to fix, so I just completely uninstalled that one.
David
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Great e-mail option

Bewertet am 30.8.2019

My overall experience is very positive and I anticipate that I wil continue to use eM Client for the foreseeable future

The software is easy to install and generally easy to use. It has a few quirks, but once you get used to those, it is very good.

The software has a habit of backing up, usually when I need to use it, which can be frustrating. It also has a habit of creating an error when it closes, not only when it is closed because for example the laptop crashes, but also when it is closed down properly. This results in a need to check and validate the database. Whilst I have not yet lost any data, the checking is problematic if I am in a rush and for example only turned on the laptop to do a quick e-mail.

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the closing problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem.
Or you can contact me directly.
George

Mark
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Fantastic email client

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

I've really enjoyed using eM Client for a number of years now. Like any email client you have to spend some time tweaking it to how exactly you want everything as the default display/settings might not be to your liking. The application is very fast and updates quickly. Updates to the client come through regularly which is reassuring. I'm currently using version 8.2.

I've used eM Client for about 4 years using a free license which caters for a maximum of 2 email accounts. I recently upgraded to the Pro version with lifetime upgrades as I now use 4 email accounts. It's very easy to setup and add email accounts as you'd expect. There are a lot of features available and far more than I require. I've found that the calendar integration with a gmail account has been seemless. In fact as soon as I add an event to the calendar via eM Client it almost instantaneously updates in gmail. You can access the user forum via their website and there's a lot of useful information available in case you get stuck with anything. I recently set up a signature for my business email and it literally took a couple of minutes.

Like any email client it does take a little while to tweak the settings to just how you like it. I'd certainly make use of the 30 day free trial so you can iron out any little niggles you may come across. Make use of the forums if you get stuck.

Derek
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great option for a next-level email client

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

I've used eM Client for the past few years and have been overall happy. That said, there have been frustrating moments with support and I really hope they fix the current print glitch mentioned above.

The main reason I use eM Client is the speed of the search. My job has me constantly searching a large database of emails and it's imperative that I find them quickly. When put side by side with Thunderbird, it absolutely dominates in search presentation and speed.

The most recent update has made it so that when I print emails, another daily task, eM Client always opens the system print dialog box despite that box not being checked. This takes a considerable amount of extra time with the number of emails I print. I opened a ticket but wasn't very happy with the reply which suggested that I move to a previous version which carried the risk of losing my fine tuned settings and more. In addition, for most users without search needs, I don't feel it's significantly better than Thunderbird so it may be hard to justify the cost.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your review. We are aware of the print issue and have resolved it internally so we'll release an update fixing the problem soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good solution for managing complex, integrated email communications

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud. This is huge. Also I find the email interface to be much more user friendly than any of the cloud-based services. Finally, on the original setup, I migrated from Thunderbird and the entire experience was incredibly smooth and easy. This was a big plus as I was getting started.

This software allows me to manage 3 or more email identities from a single platform. It allows me to organize my saved messages for easy retrieval and long-term record-keeping. It allows me to search and quickly find past messages.

When Windows reboots the system automatically following an update, if emClient is running, the software has been vulnerable to corruption, and the process of checking and rebuilding the database can be cumbersome. This problem has improved over time, but the program remains vulnerable to sudden shut-downs.

Sergio
  • Branche: Welthandel & internationale Entwicklung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My preferred email client for desktop

Bewertet am 4.8.2019

I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

Is most clean, smooth, fastest client in my opinion. Just needed functions are included, not garbage.
Steven
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Great alternative to Outlook

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

eM Client is very easy to use, and it allows me to be able to view all of my old emails, without the need to search through archives. It syncs flawlessly with my Google mail and Google calendar.

I have previously submitted features that I wanted to see, and they were ultimately added to the program

Warum eM Client gewählt wurde

Outlook was getting slower as the number of emails grew. The only way to speed it up was to archive my old emails.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu eM Client

eM client had more features
Amy
  • Branche: Immobilien

EM Client is amazing

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Started using it a few years ago with the free version but loved it so much that I decided to buy the license. I recommend it to everyone over Outlook because it's much faster and easier to use.

I love that this program is so user friendly. It's essentially the best desktop mail client I've ever used. Easy to navigate, easy to organise and super easy to personalise which is a great feature.

I'm pretty disappointed that with one of the more recent updates EM Client got rid of Frozen Smart Folders. That was actually one of my favourite features. I use so many folders so that really helped me make the decision to switch from Outlook and when they took that away I considered going back. With the most recent update I am no longer able to save jpg/jpegs from the email which I depend on a lot.

Ted
  • Branche: Immobilien

Former Outlook User

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

It fulfills my daily email needs for my business and personal correspondence. I have 4 regularly used email addresses through which I correspond.

It was mostly familiar in design to what I previously used. I was used to a email client that allowed me to have a large, nested, easily accessible filing system for correspondence.

I get error messages at times regarding my movement of filed correspondence within the application. I don't know how to correct the problem. Thus, I receive repeated error messages.
Also, when replacing my old tablet computer with a new one, the process for getting the "PRO" version on my new machine was not as clearly defined as I would have liked. I succeeded with Stepan Busek's help.

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem.

Or you can contact me directly.
George

Jeffrey
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Excellent product - excellent value

I have used eM Client since approximately version 3 or 4 and I use it daily

Easy to use and very flexible in the way I can search for emails

The sorting of contacts is not the best. Some are found in the contacts list, others are not. I am not sure why.

Ben
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use alternative to Thunderbird with a much better user interface

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with eM Client much more than that with Outlook (obviously) and Thunderbird. I haven't had to recover an automatic backup but it's assuring to know I'll always have a backup ready when my computer inevitably dies.

The simple and clean UI helps me focus on priority emails while staying organized and efficient. The Conversations feature really helps to keep interactions simple and straightforward. The amount of options available is very refreshing, especially for someone as detail-oriented as I am.

When emails are displayed by conversation, any email with the same subject gets lumped in making it appear as if those emails are part of the same interaction. This can get complicated fast when a colleague includes you in multiple emails to different people with the same subject line. However, once you get used to it, it's easy to ignore.

Ad
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Very good email client being alternative for MS Outlook and others

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

Very good email client with a full set of features which are not found in other email programs.
One time fee and do buy the lifetime upgrade option.

Pricing can get high if you have multiple devices and above 50 devices you need to contact the sales team.