Surpass

4,8 (106)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Bibliotheksautomatisierungssystem für öffentliche und unternehmenseigene Bibliotheken

Sortieren nach

Nancy
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Surpass Software used by a Non-profit national center for fiber art

Bewertet am 2.9.2021

Surpass benefits are their excellent service Surpass they offer. No matter what question I have, they answer quickly, or see if something in the cloud can be changed to help my unique problem.
I am a librarian at a non-profit national center for fiber art. We have a shop, classes, auditorium for guild gatherings, media room for producing online classes for our patrons, a library, a gift shop, three galleries for fiber art work, and a permanent Weaver's Guild group that has been in existence for over 75 years. Textile Center library has over 35,000 circulating materials.
We have received [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s Weaving Loom Library Research project. She passed away, but entrusted Textile Center with her 18 giant notebooks and hundreds of bits of information about weaving looms. We are in the process of making this into .pdf files so we can add those to our library for anyone in the world who is interested in finding information about Weaving Looms will have access to that information.
I am not with an industry, so I picked Apparel and Fashion, but that is not what we are. Maybe add non-profit as a choice under "industry".

It is getting easier to use, but I can always call or chat and get great help when I don't understand something. I really love the service. That is vital to an organization. When I don't understand, or wonder about how something works, I know I can chat with a real person at Surpass. They will always be helpful, professional, kind, and funny. Julie and I have quilting in common. Hope her quilt retreat was fun.

I often need to print items, but there is "no printer" access, so I have to copy and paste to word to print what I need.

Antwort von Surpass Software

We're thrilled that you're happy with Surpass Cloud! Please let us know what you mean by "no printer" access. All of Surpass Cloud's reports are designed to be printed or saved as PDFs.

Nathan

Sanity Saving Software

Bewertet am 16.8.2022

Far better than my expectations. From the initial chat on their website, to the detail found on the website, to the support both before the sale and after the sale. They have been far better than I could have anticipated.

The most important feature of any software, the truest selling point for me was the ability to import MARC records from ancient library software (circa 2006). I had put off upgrading library software for so long and with a collection of over 10,000 copies I was most worried about losing that data. The software/hardware combination of the old system was on its last legs, and the initial software developer was very slow to respond to upgrading to their newer system. With Surpass they gave me a demo of which I tested their import feature and it was extremely easy to import everything I intended without the need for support on that feature.

Second most important feature was they still sell the ability for a local installation. I am not too keen on cloud-based SaaS solutions.

The third real selling point was the service; and that was true even from before the sale, but has continued after the sale as well. The level of service has blown my mind away. Even nit-picky type of things I have asked they have resolved.

Honestly the least liked is that some features display along the bottom of the software, not where I expect to find tabs for options. [Note: I learn new software by clicking through menus/options and testing things.] That, and few other things make the software feel a little clunky, maybe utilitarian. But it does what I need, and I am not picky on UI components once everything is setup and I know how to work it.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Nathan! While Surpass Cloud is our most-popular option, Surpass for Windows continues to shine! We're delighted that we have "blown your mind" with our level of service. That's our goal!

Nancy

Surpass Software - a mix of intuitive and nonintuitive programming

Bewertet am 6.6.2015

Customer service: Friendly, knowledgeable people who respond promptly to phone and emails. (Chats, not so much.) Con - if you have a problem after hours or on Saturday, you have to wait until business hours.

Circulation tasks are easily done, with the new color coding for each task making them even more user-friendly. If the sounds could ever be programmed to reflect what is actually happening, it could be a really competitive system.

Copycat is a terrific module for accessing MARC records; it allows you to quickly compare records from multiple sources and choose the best available.

Safari is an example of the grossly non-intuitive for patron usage. It's slow, requires too many steps to filter well, and doesn't allow for filtering within a category. Patron's often don't find materials that we actually have, and staff never uses it.

Biggest problems: reports are frustrating to set up properly, and the ones provided by the company aren't particularly useful for a public library. Perhaps the single biggest problem is the inability to make batch changes to records, although we've found some work-arounds by pasting in barcodes from a spreadsheet created by exported reports.

Cathy

Customer service is key!

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

My experience with Surpass has been very positive.

My experience with Surpass has been very positive.

We began using the Cloud-based Surpass about a year ago. It's works well for our mid-size (15,000 book) library. Once I became familiar with its capabilities, I enjoyed its speed and accuracy. We've had a few glitches and a bit of a learning curve on my part, but Surpass customer support has been knowledgeable and supportive in getting through each issue. They are professional, quick to respond, and they definitely know their stuff.
My favorite feature is the ability to customize our own site for our school with text and photos. I also like the ability to communicate with our students' families via email through Surpass. The Dashboard feature is also a great way to start the day with a synopsis of the library.

Showing my age here but -- I wish there was a hard copy user's manual of Surpass Cloud's capabilities. I used the manual/binder all the time for the previous version, making notes on annual processes, etc. I really miss that old binder!

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks Cathy! We're so happy that you're having a good experience with Surpass and with our support.

I am nostalgic for the the old paper manuals, too. I still have a copy of the first one from 1985 (it was called Melvil back then)! As you have probably noticed, there are enhancements and new features added to Surpass Cloud constantly. Paper manuals couldn't keep up with the pace! And, of course, paper manuals couldn't take you directly to the page relevant to where you are in the software with a click of the mouse, as the online documentation does.

Kristy

Stellar Service/Outstanding Product

Bewertet am 20.5.2022

Top-notch customer service! I’m always amazed at all quickly they adjust or correct any issues that I bring to them.

I think I appreciate most about Surpass Cloud is how easy it is for my volunteers and students to sit down and be able to navigate the system with very little, if any, training at all. It is the most user-driven system I’ve ever used.

The only feature that could be improved is the patron import. We have had a bit of difficulty with students who are in a grade that is not designated within their categories. This means hand keying in few of them after the upload.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Kristy! We're delighted that your volunteers and patrons are finding Surpass Cloud easy to use. Please let us know if we can help with your patron import.

Monique

We love Surpass!

Bewertet am 22.5.2023

I have used Surpass at two different libraries over the years and it is a wonderful system. It is very user friendly and easy to train people to use. We just switched to Surpass Cloud and so far it is great. The learning curve from the windows based system to the cloud based system is small and there are some features in the cloud that we didn't have before that are GREAT!

There really isn't anything we don't like. Some of the reports are a little tricky to find (Resource vs. Patron vs. Circulation - deciding which one it would be under) but once you find them they provide a wealth of information.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Monique! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying using Surpass. We have so many reports in Surpass Cloud that even I sometimes have to think about whether a report is under Resources, Patrons, or Circulation! 😆 We would love to hear any ideas you might have to make finding the report you want easier. The best features in Surpass often start with ideas and suggestions from our clients.

John

Changing over to the Cloud

Bewertet am 8.12.2023

Works well for our Community Library. Easy to train new volunteers on its use.

Works well for our Community Library. Easy to train new volunteers on its use.

The changeover was very quick and easy. Help screens are available for the pages that at first were a little different than Windows Surpass. But in a few moments, you can see the correct procedure for your transaction.

There are no cons yet. The changeover does need a little time to see the difference but then it is easy. We at the library have no real issues.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for the review, John, and thanks for making the leap from Surpass for Windows to Surpass Cloud. We're delighted that you're enjoying using it. We get a lot of cheers for the ever-present Help button that takes you directly to documentation and videos related to the page you're viewing.

Theodore

Excellent product and service

Bewertet am 22.9.2023

I'm very pleased with the whole experience - the product is very flexible and accommodating for various size collections and the customer service is quick and effective for the issues I've raised.

This product is perfect for our small collection of church library materials. It provides for various types of sources, provides for the importing of data from other libraries to make cataloging easy, it has great labeling options for barcodes and spine labels, and provides lots of reporting options. Surpass customer service is very responsive and helpful.

So far, I have no complaints about the product.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thank you for your review, Theodore! We're happy that you're happy! :-)

Angela

Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

My experience has always been wonderful with Surpass. Thank You!

My experience has always been wonderful with Surpass. Thank You!

One of the features i really enjoy with Surpass is the excellent customer service. Whenever I have an issue they are always available to help and resolve the issue.

I have not encountered anything yet that I do not like. This is my second year using Surpass.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thank you, Angela! Excellence in customer service is our pride and joy!

Wong

Great Library Software

Bewertet am 25.10.2023

Easy to use, great tools to manage library works

Didn't find any cons, excellent tools and software

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for the review! We're delighted that Surpass is working so well for you.

Carl

Surpass in a School Environment

Bewertet am 23.3.2023

Our Librarian has been using Surpass for at least 10 years and has never had any issues with the software. She can control the management of the books being taken out and returned by students, barcoding new books coming in and using various reports readily available through the Surpass system.

As the Technology Coordinator, I felt the installation and deployment was fairly simple and the guidance and support from the technical staff was excellent. Most recently, we upgraded the Librarian's computer and the transfer of the system was literally seamless. The best part of the process was the great instructions provided by the support team.

Not sure I can answer this as I am the tech support person.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Carl! We take a great deal of pride in our support, so I'm happy to hear that you found our guidance and support "excellent!" Thanks for being a long-time member of the Surpass family.

Correy
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A robust, independent product that creates confidence due to its simplicity of operation.

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

Freeing up staff time for professional work, rather than being stuck doing repetive, clerical work. The speed with which the annual stock take happens now that we have a mobile barcode reader, and the resultant report from Surpass are just two of an endless list of benefits.

The logical grouping of features, the awesome customisation allowed in writing your own reports. The adherence to international standards (MARC, etc) made it super ease to integrate with my country's Bibliographic authority. The reassurance that when you power it up, it does not only appear on your screen, but it is working!!

The manipulation of fonts in reports is somewhat limiting when designing complex, comprehensive reports.

Kathy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Surpass software is a fully functioning software and the support is phenomenal.

Bewertet am 19.3.2018

Organization and connections. Ease of use

Organization and connections. Ease of use

Access to all that is needed for the many needs in the library. I love that it has access to Marc records for the bigger libraries. I do not use this software first hand as I am the IT that installs and keeps it up to date but I do feel that it has many options for staff and students.

The need for support to work through problems. However the support is amazing so this really isn't a problem.

Tami

Excellent Online Library Catalog

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

Having this online catalog available has been great! The software works great and Surpass is excellent at customer service! Everytime I have an issue, they are helpful and responsive and resolve it. Our patrons love it and find it very user friendly! We're so happy with the decision to go with the Cloud version of Surpass software for our church library!

Because it's new, there have been a few bugs, but each time they are resolved quickly!

Antwort von Surpass Software

We're glad you're enjoy Surpass Cloud! We love what you've done with customizing your library's OPAC.

Misti
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Surpass support is awesome!

Bewertet am 8.8.2016

Surpass has the best customer service and support! When I have a question about the Surpass Central product, they provide a variety of ways that I can contact them to reach out for help. The customer representatives are knowledgeable and thorough! They are fast to respond and follow-up to make sure that your product needs are met!

The software is user-friendly. Surpass makes it easy for a volunteer to step in and help on the spur of the moment!

Susan

I do not handle the financial information for our software.

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Ease of use with regard to all of the materials and patron areas. Several different ways to verify information and records.

Some of setup settings, but those have been discussed with software company for ways to make it more manageable for end users.

Kendra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

KHMS-Librarian

Bewertet am 13.4.2022

Very satisfied.

Very satisfied.

When submitting the problem, very helpful support.

Sometimes it is slow, but that can happen with any software.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thank you Kendra! We take great pride in providing fast and friendly support.

lucy
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Small government library

Bewertet am 23.7.2021

We've used Surpass software products in our small government library for over 15 years and have been very satisfied with its tools, customer support, functionality and ease of use.

We like this product because it's inexpensive, easy to use, and can be installed on a secured shared local server.

I have no complaints about any aspects of the software.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Fifteen years! Thanks for being such a loyal Surpass user and thanks for your kind words.

Charlotte
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great service for their product.

Bewertet am 3.2.2022

The support is fantastic. We just upgraded to the Cloud version and of course have many questions. If I contact by phone, text, or email they are always helpful.

The learning curve is a little difficult, but their support team is always available. So I don't consider that is a downside.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Charlotte! We think our support team is fantastic, too!

Luke
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Up to par software, great customer service

Bewertet am 6.3.2017

We've used Surpass for a few years now. The features and stability of the product are good, but the customer service and support enabled us to learn and know how to stay on top of our library.

ease of use, ease of installation

It's not entirely running through a web browser. It can be slow at times.

Laura

Bewertet am 20.1.2009

Absolutely Excellent!

I cannot say enough good things about this product. Ease of use - I taught my granddaughter to check books in and out when she was in kindergarten. I routinely have high school aides who use the system with ease after only one short lesson. Customer service - wonderful wonderful. In over 15 years of use, they have never let me down. They speak English (not computer) and can easily explain how to solve your particular problem. They always get back in touch with you - usually in a matter of minutes but never more than a few hours. Every feature we have asked for has been added and the price so far has basically remained the same. Absolutely wonderful product - would recommend this product to ANYONE.

If the rest of my life worked this well, I'd be one happy camper.

mohammed
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

I interested

Bewertet am 5.5.2023

They are mostly good, very good, and it is important to deal with them

They are mostly good, very good, and it is important to deal with them

The best team, platform and collaborative benefits for the community

It is mostly good and needs more development in the tests

Thanks for your review, Mohammed! We also think we have the best team! 🙂

Judy

Surpass software

Bewertet am 14.3.2013

I have used Surpass since the early 90s and have always been pleased with my choice. They have continued to respond to librarians' requests and needs by modifying and adding features to their software. They have excellent technical support also - techs are knowledgeable and patient, too. When I came to this system, they were using it and I was able to step right in and use it.

Excellent cataloging features, especially being able to use Copycat to add new titles.
Versatile report formats to evaluate collection and circulation.
Frequent upgrades which improve the card catalog, inventory and circulation features.

Do not have problems that company can't resolve.

April
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great Support and a Solid Performing Product for Church Libraries

Bewertet am 4.8.2016

My church has had Surpass CL for at least five years, and I love it. My first career was librarianship, so when I chose Surpass, I did my research, and I have not been disappointed!

Surpass CL is easy to use, even for those without prior experience.

Some screens could be enhanced with more on-screen tips.

Robby

Great Software Package! Great Customer Service! Great Tech Support!

Bewertet am 30.5.2014

We recently purchased the Surpass Church Library software package. It is totally awesome! I had to call customer service for activation and I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful the customer service representative was. A few weeks later I had to call again for tech support was completely blown away at how polite, friendly, and attentive the individual was. He knew immediately how to solve my issue and within 3 to 4 minutes, I was back in business. Awesome service and support! Five Star plus 2!