MoneyMinder

Simple accounting software for volunteers.

5/5

Tiffany J.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Becoming a Treasurer Can be Daunting?

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

Priceless.

When I stepped into the treasurer role for our PTA, I had zero experience and no one directly to turn to for assistance with what this role entailed. MoneyMinder's support is absolutely amazing. They check your budget for you and call if they would like to make any suggestions. They will copy over your previous years transactions for tax purposes. When I had contacted quickbooks about accessing our old account for tax purposes it took far longer than any exchanges I had with money minder and they were unable to locate our old account. They have also been available for tips on how to build a COVID-19 based budget for the upcoming school year. The platform is user friendly and the reports have everything I need to manage our finances. I could have not asked for a better experience. Their service is priceless.

I cannot think of anything. I've only had a great experience.

Amy S.

Outstanding Customer Service

Bewertet am 5.3.2021

Our organization was able to quickly work out an annual budget and follow it accordingly. I am easily able to run monthly and quarterly reports and tax filing has been made easy! The customer support is by far the best I have ever experienced with any accounting program and has gone above and beyond in order to make our departmental transitions very seamless.

It is easy to use and guides first time users in a way that is easily understood.

None. I am 100% happy.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MoneyMinder

The price, the ease of use, and the customer service!
Frank S.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic product for managing a non profit organization.

Bewertet am 4.10.2021

Great product and fantastic support. It meets all of our requirements perfectly! The support staff can address technical issues and business alternatives as to how to best use Moneyminder.

Ease of use, adaptable, reliability, fantastic support.

I have yet to find any shortcomings! Moneyminder works exactly as advertised.

Wave Accounting und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum MoneyMinder gewählt wurde

Needed a full function product which was easy to use and had a support organization to provide guidance and assistance.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MoneyMinder

Ease of use and support.
Stanley L.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great customer service

Bewertet am 17.8.2021

The software itself was straight forward and easy to use.
I ran into a lot of trouble with reconciling Money Minder. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went above and beyond to help me get it figured out.
She dis an absolutely phenomenal job!!

Nothing specific about the software was negative.

Jenn W.

MoneyMinder Second to None

Bewertet am 17.8.2021

Anyone can use this software, you don’t have to be an accountant. We have been using MoneyMinder for 7 years now. MoneyMinder is setup to give the administrator the ability to give other members, namely our board in our situation, access to view the budget which creates transparent; accounting, membership, fundraising and auditing. Records are kept safe, easy to turnover to a new Treasurer with history being kept.

Ease of use and fabulous customer service. One doesn’t need to have a degree in accounting to use MoneyMinder. User friendly and save loads of time.

Wish I could use it for my own personal budgeting.

Shirley A.

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

Bewertet am 27.9.2019

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Aimee C.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product and Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 25.3.2020

The customer service team is PHENOMENAL. Anytime I have a question, they respond very quickly and are super helpful.

This system is great in that it combine expenses and revenue on the same line item, which is way easy than Quickbooks. Also the ability to download transactions directly from PayPal is life changing for me.

It can be a little confusing trying to figure out what reports to run.

Lori K.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Love this Company... Love the Staff!

Bewertet am 2.5.2021

First, bookkeeping is so not my thing; but I took over from a previous Treasurer who had been doing the 'job' for many, many years... no records to speak of about anything.
Just a nightmare.

The folks at MoneyMinder helped me figure out what information to capture; build a spreadsheet with contact info, etc. and got us on track going forward.

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help. Was able to address my Board and my Community with truly accurate information in very short order. Not only made me look good, but more than competent.

It is tailored to an HOA or POA like ours without a great upfront investment.

Able to easily enter and extract information from the system.

Had TOTAL support in setting up the system from a spreadsheet I provided, plus some limited customization.

For the price, it is the best.
With our budget, this is the best of the best.

More importantly, the customer service is phenomenal.
These folks are available pretty much all the time, and immediately get back to me.
I know them, and they know me.
Love everyone of them!

Cherie B.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Outstanding Customer Service

Bewertet am 6.8.2021

Before, we were simply using a spreadsheet to track our budget and expenses. One wrong formula, and OOPS!!

MoneyMinder makes it all easy, intuitive, and versatile. DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Extremely helpful and personal customer service. It is always frightening starting out with new software. "Looks great, until you buy it. Then you are doomed to figure it all out on your own." NOT SO WITH MONEYMINDER!! Have a question? CALL THEM! They reply, walk you through, and make sure you understand. They will even work through errors caused by YOUR OWN MISTAKES!

EASY TO USE, too!!

The ONLY feature I don't like is the graphic interface of the budget tool. I find the way the indentations of categories, subcategories, etc. to be really hard to read. I keep going back to try to figure out the hierarchy of the accounts.

Reggie G.

Best Non-Profit Software I could find

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

Tracking members and billing is as easy as it gets.

Ease of use and support. It really does everything I had hoped it would do.

Nothing so far. I did have a little trouble with formating the Quick Books download but once that was accomplished the transition was easy.

Thomas L.

Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

Bewertet am 11.8.2019

This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have.
I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going.
Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well.
They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines.
Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.

Susan H.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

MoneyMinder is the best!

Bewertet am 7.3.2019

I am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!

MoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.

Honestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)

Cynthia L.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

Bewertet am 31.1.2019

MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent.

MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years.

Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports.

MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

This software can't make your coffee.

And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge.

Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Ronda C.

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

UPDATE (1/24/20): You can now bulk download and print statements! Let us know if you need help with this new ability.

Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

Jennifer G.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

Bewertet am 31.1.2019

The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting.

The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

A search by word function would be helpful.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you.

Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Christina K.

Fantastic for volunteers

Bewertet am 6.10.2019

Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful.

It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Joy R.

Value to Valur

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

I definitely appreciate the fact the system stores the information off site. The fact that that those that we allow to have access to the money tracker can look into the accounts but are unable to make changes. Forms are easily available for the treasurer report and daily needs.

The to which set up Vendors. Transaction reports are easily available. Reconciliation of multiple accounts.

Didn’t have the ability to search by dollar amounts.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Joy! Did you know you could search by dollar amounts by using your browser's built-in search function? Just a tip.

Leslie W.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018

Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Jan B.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Product Review

Bewertet am 18.11.2020

So easy to use. Very intuitive to learn.

Very easy to use. I just left an organization that was using this product. The turnover to the newTreasurer was super easy. I went to a new organization and immediately recommended this product for them.

Also that it is online. Excellent for the whole team to view

I can’t think of a con. Sorry I wish I could think of one.

John F.
  • Branche: Immobilien

HOA Piece of mind

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

The move of our financial package to MoneyMinder was Epic for our organization. The ease, accuracy and always helpful upbeat support team made the move to MoneyMinder the best organizational decision we have made.

Extremely easy to set up and the professional customer support team who explained and answered all our concerns.

Didn’t find any downside of moving to MoneyMinder, my only regret is not moving to MoneyMinder sooner.

Quickbooks Online

Warum MoneyMinder gewählt wurde

Ease of use!

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Docs

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MoneyMinder

Ease of use and professional support staff!
Robert H.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

TAC review

Bewertet am 1.2.2019

great. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.

the reports section is easy to customize.

the check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the kind review Robert.

Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue.

Hope that makes things easier!

Tammy R.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MoneyMinder Saved the day!

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

Overall this has been extremity helpful in organizing our finances and keeping up with the homes that have been sold in our community.

I really like the fact that this is very easy to use. If you do not have an accounting background you can still operate within the software with limited knowledge.

The totally separate fiscal years is very limiting in some aspects. I would like to be able to print all details for the prior year for those contacts that have not paid their bill.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and cost.
Lois S.

Great Product, Easy to Use

Bewertet am 14.3.2019

It's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.

It's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system.

Entries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

Antwort von NonProfitCentral Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you.
Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list.
Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.

Kori B.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

Bewertet am 4.2.2019

I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.

Steven W.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.