OpenTable

• Branche: Großhandel
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Gute App um Restaurants zu reservieren

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

- einfaches reservieren- übersichtlich mit guten Funktionen- mehr als 50.000 Restaurants

- bisher ist mir noch kein wirklicher Nachteil aufgefallen

Siri

Buchungsmanagement auf geringen Niveau

Bewertet am 18.1.2023

Schnelles Tisch reservieren möglich und einen Überblick über die Kapazitäten des Restaurants

Speisekarte und Stammdaten der Lokale nicht immer vorhanden oder aktuell

Jasmin
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Tolle Möglichkeiten für Kunden, zuverlässig einen Tisch zu buchen

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Die Software ist absolut einfach zu bedienen und bietet alle notwendigen Features.

Nichts, ich habe bisher keine Nachteile entdeckt.

Corine
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great Way to Make Quick Reservations!

Bewertet am 25.4.2019

My overall experiences with OpenTable have been really great. I use OpenTable fairly often, especially with restaurants that I know require a reservation because it will be pretty much impossible to get a table without one. I rely on OpenTable and I have never had a bad experience. I never needed to worry that the restaurant I chose didn't get the reservation request. It is also good about giving you alternative times if the restaurant is booked for your selected times.

I love how simple and easy to use this software is. It is so quick and you can use it at any time. They let you pick any time and any amount of people and this works for pretty much every restaurant. I also like that the software sends reminder emails and texts to you about your upcoming reservation. There is also an option to add your reservation to your calendar. OpenTable is also very reliable, so you don't need to be nervous about whether or not the restaurant actually received your reservation request, especially because you get a confirmation.

There is nothing that I dislike about this software. I don't really understand what the points are for that you get when you make a reservation. This software is free to use, so I don't really understand why anyone would need the points because it doesn't give you coupons or rewards to use at the restaurants.

Svend Bertil
  • Branche: Internet

Effortless and Convenient Booking with OpenTable

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

I have had a great experience with OpenTable overall. The website is easy to use and booking is a breeze. Even if I have encountered an occasional issue, OpenTable customer service has been very helpful in resolving it. I would definitely recommend OpenTable for anyone looking for an easy and convenient way to book a table.

I recently used OpenTable to book a table at a popular restaurant and was really impressed with how easy it was. The website was easy to navigate, the booking process was straightforward, and I received a confirmation email within minutes. It was a great experience and I'd highly recommend OpenTable to anyone looking for an effortless and convenient way to book a table.

I encountered a few issues with OpenTable, such as not being able to get a table at a restaurant that I had booked, even though I had a confirmation email. Luckily, OpenTable customer service was very helpful and resolved the issue quickly, but it was a bit of a hassle.

• Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Grab those customers that are just outside your sphere of influence

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Use OpenTable to grab those customers that are on the fence and make them interested in coming in, if not only to show them you care about giving them more options to dine.

When I first worked at a restaurant and used OpenTable, I was reluctant to believe it could replace our current IT system which worked without any bells or whistles. But I soon realized that OpenTable is not merely a system to help make reservations but a powerful way to edge closer those customers that are just outside your sphere of influence. Of course, there's Google Search and Yelp. However, when I asked customers how they found us or why the chose our restaurant, they said they were interested by the option to book through OpenTable. Without that option, we would have been the obscure listing hidden on the third search page (and who really goes past the first two, right?)

The last minute cancellation but it wasn't as bad as say people ghosting on a reservation made by calling in.

Jeffrey
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

OpenTabel - great for traveling and eating around town

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

Overall the product works well, it's rarely down and is easy to use.

Whenever I need to find a restaurant I first go to OpenTable to see what's available. It is easy to use and I can make reservations when the restaurants may not be open. I really like the ability to reserve table in other countries ahead of my visits.

Sometimes the calendar function does not work very well. Also, they have started putting new restaurants on their site that don't take reservations - I don't see the point of doing that.

Lee
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Super-easy to use

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

After lots of research, it's one of the best systems out there for restaurants. And great value for money.

This is great system to manage table bookings for a restaurant, with lots of marketing options. Once it's set up, it takes the hassle out of managing bookings and it's easy to also manually add bookings and block off tables. It's also good for CRM. And there's the option to generate reports and extract data for mailing lists.

The set up can be quote tricky, but once it's done, it's super-easy to manage.

Resy OS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Mainly for their pricing and marketing. More eyeballs on OpenTable than the others.
Fred
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use and to reserve a table at all the restaurants they list

Bewertet am 4.5.2023

Its always easy and great to use

It has reservation services for almost all of the best restaurants in San Francisco

Sometimes it ask for a credit card deposit.

James
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

OpenTable for booking while travelling

Bewertet am 28.4.2023

I like to use open table app when booking restaurants while travelling

Don't have anything I don't like about the product

Brandi
  • Branche: Bau

Great

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

It's easy and convenient to use from a computer or app.

It is sometimes inaccurate as far as openings for restaurants. It may say they aren't available, but they are.

Carly
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome!

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

Positive

Ease of booking reservations and showing all options for time slots.

Cannot always make changes/cancellations and need to call the restaurant instead.

Jose
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Reservation made easier

Bewertet am 8.5.2023

I had try different platforms for restaurant reservations but this is the most complete, features a lot more options for users and businesses.

A large number of features sometimes make it difficult to use the main option: a simple reservation.

Aron
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for restaurant

Bewertet am 22.8.2019

We have used them for years and would highly recommend them to small, non-corporate restaurants trying to be seen amongst so many local restaurants.

Easy for our guests to make reservations, tracks guests visits, you can enter guest notes and historical data to make their next visit more meaningful. They often have "Top Ten" lists for the categories that guests vote you in that you can use for marketing purposes. Reviews on Open Table are considered 'legit' as only real diners can write reviews.

If you have more money to spend, a program like SevenRooms has more guest tracking data capabilities for tagging and targeted emails/marketing. Can get expensive if your guests often use Open Table to make reservations.

SevenRooms

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

If we had more money to spend, we would move to SevenRooms, but it is vastly more expensive so we won't be making the switch anytime soon.

Antwort von OpenTable Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Aron, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate your recommendation. We are now able to offer very sophisticated CRM capabilities through Venga. You can learn more here: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/venga

Sarah

Longtime user

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

So far our experience has been very good. We are even giving their online ordering a try through our 2nd location.

User friendly and easy to navigate. Also a very established business for online reservations, which mean that most of our staff has worked with it in the past and is familiar with the layout and set-up of it. Very good customer support and is very knowledgeable about the software and can easily talk you through whatever process you are looking at completing.

Little clunky and cluttered to navigate around it via the app. Also a lot of steps to add guest into the system for simple just seating a walk-in.

Resy OS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Customer service and the fact that they have been at this game longer than most
Dave

OpenTable Lover

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

OpenTable has been a pleasure to use since it's new facelift, I would recommend any and all restaurants to get on board.

Finally upgraded a lot of options for the software. It's been years and years making suggestions with this company, glad they started to finally implement what industry people needed.

The cost associated with some of the repeat business seems like it's unnecessary, but as long as it's driving business towards me I'm OK with it.

Kimberly
  • Branche: Industrieautomation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

OpenTable is Imperative in this Day & Age

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

I find that OpenTable is a very good option for reservations and that my notes for special instructions are always followed. I also love the reward system. It is fun to build up points and receive Amazon gift cards after so many points are earned. It is also cool that they have the menus available to peruse before you arrive as well as special "experience" options that you can choose at some of the restaurants.

It is user-friendly, the calendar option is great, and the ability to invite guests is fantastic. I use OpenTable almost every day. I travel for work and use OpenTable to book all of my lunch and dinner meetings for my clients when possible. I love the rewards program, receiving Amazon gift cards every so often is always fun. I also really enjoy learning about new restaurants in the area I live in and in the towns, I am visiting for work or on vacation. The "experience" option is also fun and tells you a little bit more about each restaurant as you make your reservation.

The only two complaints that I have is that some restaurants pull open seating on certain days and that all restaurants so not participate in Open table.

Ashley
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OpenTable is a great resource for keeping managing restaurant reservations

Bewertet am 19.10.2018

My in-laws own a restaurant and I often help them from a technology and operations perspective. They had trouble managing their reservations. They only open for dinner, and they would spend a lot of time every day listening to Voicemail reservations, trying to get parties back on the phone to confirm, and trying to manage cancellations vs. openings with an antiquated system. When I suggested OpenTable I did not realize all of the problems I would be solving for them. OpenTable brings reservation systems into the 21st century, and allows patrons an easy way to make, change, and cancel restaurant reservations with the click of a button. For the restaurant owner or manager, it saves all of the time you use to need for follow-up, and all of the administrative management needed to handle cancellations and book optimal service volume.

There is nothing that I do not like about OpenTable for business. It has brought a lot of value to our team, and has become a major asset that we rely on to book reservations. Patrons are as happy with OpenTable as we have been in the decision to start taking reservations through them.

Angela
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Are use it all the time

Bewertet am 2.7.2018

Very convenient and a great timesaver

This is an unbelievably convenient and functional product. I use it to find restaurants easily and reliably when I travel. It's much more convenient than having to call the restaurant. I can make reservations any time of the day and go back-and-forth between restaurants to compare available times. Then, after I finish making my reservation, I could send the information to the other people in my party with just one click. Because of this product, I have tried many new restaurants and in many different areas that I wouldn't have otherwise tried. And, of course, the point system gets me a coupon every so often.

My biggest complaint is with the interface. I use it as an app on my phone mostly and sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. It works much better on the desktop.

Daniel

Easy Way to Get More Reservations

Bewertet am 7.6.2019

Overall its been positive and I would recommend the product. Its pretty painless and basically runs in the background for us. I wish it would do more, and address some of my cons - confirmation for customers, give a reason for cancellations, and have a better way of notifying us of reservations, emails get missed. But I cant really complain too much about a service that is this inexpensive and puts guests in seats

Easy to Use
Painless Monthly Billing
Inexpensive, Low Cost
Helpful Dashboard

Easy to miss notifications, tends to get lost in my emails etc.
Not sure how charges work for cancelled reservations, but I regularly have out of area numbers make reservations then cancel within minutes. Hopefully not padding their numbers.
Guests have complained about not receiving confirmation of their reservations from OpenTable
I wish there was some sort of reason response with the cancellations - even if its pre-formed answers selected from a box, something that doenst require a lot of effort on customers ends

Daniel
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The must use app for making restaurant reservations

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

I love using this app! Booking a reservations takes about 30 seconds total. They follow-up with a confirmation email, as well as emails after your dine, offering the ability to rate the experience for the benefit of the restaurant and other users, and they promptly credit you the points you've earned. The app also lets you input any special occasions you'd like to notate, which is really handy for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

The OpenTable app rewards you for making reservations - something you would likely do anyway! Not only that, but it makes the reservation process that much easier. You simply look up the restaurant, instantly see what days/times are available, and in a few clicks, you have your reservation. As soon as your reservation is completed, you earn points for dining. Once your point balance gets high enough (which doesn't take that long if you dine often), you can exchange those points for dining credits, or use them for discounts on hotels, or on flights booked through Kayak! You can supercharge your point earnings by selecting restaurants that have need dates/times that they would like to fill, often earning you 10x the points you would normally earn on a regular reservation.

The only negative is that not every restaurant is on it. It does have a dominant presence in the industry, so while you may not always find a cafe or coffee shop, a reputable restaurant is usually on the platform.

Lauren
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

OpenTable Kept Our Guests and Staff Happy

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Overall, OpenTable provided my restaurant with the ability to track guest who dined at our restaurant. It made the experience smoother for our FOH staff, especially our FOH manager and hostess.

The best thing about OpenTable is you're able to see who will be coming to your restaurant in advance. I don't necessarily mean each day (although that was great too!), but in the days prior. We were able to staff the restaurant accordingly by how many guests we were expecting. The interface was smooth and reliable on both our end and that of our guests.

There weren't many flaws with OpenTable. We had times when it wasn't updating in real time, but that may have been due to our internet capability.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Convenient, easy to use but minimal rewards and missing restaurants

Bewertet am 26.9.2018

I use OpenTable weekly to book restaurant reservations. I love that the app is easily accessible. I have had issues with needing to book two locations within a 2.5 hr timeframe... the software does not allow this, which is inconvenient, as some of us need to use two accounts to meet our needs.

Convenient, especially with the app on mobile devices. Love the different search options (name of restaurant, location, type of food). Like that there is a reward component.

Missing a tier system! I want to be rewarded to designated as "special" for all my points... not just claim a gift card that I will use and then never see again. There should be a designation that gives frequent restaurant attendees not just point to claim and then disappear, but also to get special seating or VIP treatment in some method. Also, some restaurants do not participate in Open Table... either very private ones or certain locations for chains... inconsistent. Perhaps if Open Table offered benefits beyond the same platform for reservations, more restaurants would participate.

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Open Table: Easy to Use!

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

I have realized that there are huge benefits to using this for lunches or dinners with co-workers or with candidates who are here for a meal during an interview process. This really saves time as far as working with admin assistants on scheduling, but most importantly all of the confirmations and follow up e-mails can be used as documentation for purchase-card reimbursements or for doing those entries at the end of the month. This is an ideal and fast platform to use, and really has a very basic and easy interface. The time of use is very quick, only a minute or two if that (and that is for the first time use!).

I appreciate that this app has a very high ease of use when you utilize your phone to make reservations. Even using the online app is very user-friendly! One thing that stands out about this product compared to others is that you can select different times for your restaurant reservations; you can actually make the reservation from this product instead of just getting on a wait list or "in line" like other products. I love the follow up e-mails that they send for updates and confirmations as well!

I do wish that the restaurant you are booking would send a confirmation as well, or even that they have seen your entry. I always call JUST to be safe; even though the app sends a confirmation e-mail I like being sure; having the restaurant even send a text to confirm would be useful.

Steven

Open Table for Restaurants

Bewertet am 23.1.2023

We have been using it for twenty years and have had a great experience.

Easy to use, provides great marketing options, well supported. The product support has been great, operationally and from our representative.

More expensive than newer reservation system software, but has many more benefits and a larger market presence.