OpenTable

• Branche: Großhandel
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Gute App um Restaurants zu reservieren

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

- einfaches reservieren- übersichtlich mit guten Funktionen- mehr als 50.000 Restaurants

- bisher ist mir noch kein wirklicher Nachteil aufgefallen

Jasmin
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Tolle Möglichkeiten für Kunden, zuverlässig einen Tisch zu buchen

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Die Software ist absolut einfach zu bedienen und bietet alle notwendigen Features.

Nichts, ich habe bisher keine Nachteile entdeckt.

Siri
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Buchungsmanagement auf geringen Niveau

Bewertet am 18.1.2023

Schnelles Tisch reservieren möglich und einen Überblick über die Kapazitäten des Restaurants

Speisekarte und Stammdaten der Lokale nicht immer vorhanden oder aktuell

Corine
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great Way to Make Quick Reservations!

Bewertet am 25.4.2019

My overall experiences with OpenTable have been really great. I use OpenTable fairly often, especially with restaurants that I know require a reservation because it will be pretty much impossible to get a table without one. I rely on OpenTable and I have never had a bad experience. I never needed to worry that the restaurant I chose didn't get the reservation request. It is also good about giving you alternative times if the restaurant is booked for your selected times.

I love how simple and easy to use this software is. It is so quick and you can use it at any time. They let you pick any time and any amount of people and this works for pretty much every restaurant. I also like that the software sends reminder emails and texts to you about your upcoming reservation. There is also an option to add your reservation to your calendar. OpenTable is also very reliable, so you don't need to be nervous about whether or not the restaurant actually received your reservation request, especially because you get a confirmation.

There is nothing that I dislike about this software. I don't really understand what the points are for that you get when you make a reservation. This software is free to use, so I don't really understand why anyone would need the points because it doesn't give you coupons or rewards to use at the restaurants.

Kathryn

Love Open Table!

Bewertet am 5.8.2019

OpenTable is wonderful, not only do they have fast and professional customer service, they're also improving the software everyday. I love that we can train our hosts quickly and use the software to make it an enjoyable dining experience for our guests.

From a sales perspective, Open Table is fantastic at making sure we have plotted the proper rooms for private events. It is constantly making suggestions and making sure we're in the right time slots for turning tables. For our FOH manangers, it is very easy to train on which makes it less time consuming in the host training process. Guest center is also a great hub to check reviews, see your seating from an app on your phone and make any changes on the go. Love the pop up function and notes section to make sure our hosts have all the information they need. OTrestaurant.com is also wonderful to make sure we have all the right marketing tools turned on and become available to our guests. It is important that our guests have an ease of use to make a reservation and with the bonus points they receive from booking on open table it is just a plus for us to use the software.

Not a con, but we would love to see Open Table integrate with private dining software to make plotting private events faster.

Antwort von OpenTable Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kathryn, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Grayson

Not worth it unless you are a major chain with 300 seats

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Not enough to list. Exposure, but it's limited for smaller companies.

It allows you to assign tables in the restaurant as they come in and shoes a fairly good job of tracking several metrics like turn time, server cover counts, etc. It also has ways to advertise and draw in customers who may not know about you.

It's impossible to compete. With the difficulty in finding a restaurant as a customer it translates to moe exposure for larger chain restaurants with budgets to throw at open table. Also, it's pricey. The cost per guest that books is unreasonable and you still have to pay more to advertise. It's just not worth it in my opinion. That are cheaper methods available that focus on phone number advertising as opposed to email (because who opens email nowadays). There are text message options with open table but they are buried and not effective.

Maria
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best app for booking dinner!

Bewertet am 24.11.2022

Open table allows you to find a place to eat and make a reservation, quickly and easily. The search is easy to use and fully customizable. You can search which restaurants are available around a particular time. You can also search for a particular restaurant and it will give you times that it is available closest to the time you requested. You can access most restaurants menus right from the app, so if you want to have a look before committing to a place, you can do it right there. It also allows you to invite guests through the app and provides easy integration with your and any guests' calendars. It also sends reminders for your upcoming reservation. If you need to change or cancel a reservation this is also very intuitive and easy to do.

Apparently you earn points while making reservations. It seems to take a long time for these to accumulate even though I eat out a lot, and I'm still not clear on what the points can be redeemed for.

Charles
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

OpenTable Remains Industry Leader for Many Reasons

Bewertet am 2.8.2020

If used as intended, OpenTable can be an unbelievable asset for any restaurant. It makes gathering and communicating guest information so easy and is compatible with the majority of point of sale systems

OpenTable has been the industry's leading platform for managing guests and an active shift. OpenTable is compatible with the majority of restaurant point of sale systems which really enhance the amount/ variety of guest information. It makes tracking new and regular guests extremely simple. OpenTable is always improving and expanding its capabilities.

The countless features of OpenTable don't come cheap. It is definitely an investment and often underutilized.

Resy OS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

OpenTable has an unmatched platform. Syncing it with your point of sale system and other hospitality programs can give you all of the ammunition you need to create a memorable guest experience for all of your guests.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

OpenTable – My Main Way of Making Reservations. Great Platform, But Needs More Transparency.

Bewertet am 19.4.2022

Overall, I love using OpenTable and it's definitely my go-to reservation platform. Whenever I need to make a reservation, OpenTable is always my first choice for a platform!

I love how easy it is to book reservations to my favorite restaurants. The UI is just beautiful, and it's so easy to navigate, see what times are available, double check the reservation I made, contact restaurants, read menus, see photos, and even change my reservation. I just love the ease of use.

I least like how, by default, way more data than I knew was being shared with restaurants and marketers. Buried in settings, I figured out how to turn these features off, but I feel like OpenTable is deceptive about how much data is really shared with their business partners, marketers, and restaurants.

Lee
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Super-easy to use

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

After lots of research, it's one of the best systems out there for restaurants. And great value for money.

This is great system to manage table bookings for a restaurant, with lots of marketing options. Once it's set up, it takes the hassle out of managing bookings and it's easy to also manually add bookings and block off tables. It's also good for CRM. And there's the option to generate reports and extract data for mailing lists.

The set up can be quote tricky, but once it's done, it's super-easy to manage.

Resy OS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Mainly for their pricing and marketing. More eyeballs on OpenTable than the others.
Sumeet
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

OpenTable

Bewertet am 27.3.2022

Overall, it has been a great experience. We love working with them. It has reduced our phone calls for reservations.

Quick online bookings and schedule management.

Sometimes our restaurant or search queries don't work that well. Customers report we don't always show up in their search.

Celina
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Open Table revieew

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

I like open table because it is easy to make online reservations.

I have nothing bad to say, my reservations always go thru okay.

Margot
  • Branche: Musik
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

OpenTable Review

Bewertet am 24.1.2023

my overall experience was really wonderful, thank you!

I love how easy this made reserving a table for a large group

not really any cons that I noticed actually

Megan

Opentable and Venga

Bewertet am 4.10.2019

I’ve been using it in every restaurant I have worked in for 13+ years. The continued evolution of the product is much appreciated.

There is so many benifits- ease of use, platform for managing reservations prior to and in the moment, it aids in generating reservations, retaining guests and collecting data. Now that there is a venga connection I’m over the moon!

Honestly the cost per reservation is a little high for small owner operated restaurants but the added benefits are unmatched.

SevenRooms

Warum OpenTable gewählt wurde

Now that venga has been added we will be moving away from another product.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Main stream product used by 90% of market. Allows for better advertising and venga is amazing!
Dave

OpenTable Lover

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

OpenTable has been a pleasure to use since it's new facelift, I would recommend any and all restaurants to get on board.

Finally upgraded a lot of options for the software. It's been years and years making suggestions with this company, glad they started to finally implement what industry people needed.

The cost associated with some of the repeat business seems like it's unnecessary, but as long as it's driving business towards me I'm OK with it.

paul
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Not only great for reservations......

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

OpenTable has been great for running the dining room more efficiently, and allows us to maximize our reservations and table turns like never before. Our hosts can confidently run the dining room from the tablet at the host stand and deal with all the reservations, walk ins, call aheads, using a waiting list. Everything is very easy to manage. With the ability to enter such succinct information about each table sat as to where they are in their meal, whether it is appetizer, meal, dessert, is the check on the table....it makes it much easier to estimate when a table will be done, so we can quote guests the proper wait time. I have been thoroughly impressed with OpenTable since we started using it a few years ago.

Most everything you can do with this software is very intuitive. Very easy to learn how to do multiple things very quickly and very easy to teach my other employees to do the same. I love how I can run my dining room on a busy weekend night from my tablet and be in complete control of all reservations, walk ins, and call aheads.

Very few issues with this software. If i had to come up with one for the review, i would say that it can be slightly buggy every once in awhile. What i mean is, some settings that i have changed to block tables for reservations or reconfigure the dining room setup can revert to previous settings without my doing. Once in a blue moon, but it is very frustrating when it happens.

Ashley
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

OpenTable is a great resource for keeping managing restaurant reservations

Bewertet am 19.10.2018

My in-laws own a restaurant and I often help them from a technology and operations perspective. They had trouble managing their reservations. They only open for dinner, and they would spend a lot of time every day listening to Voicemail reservations, trying to get parties back on the phone to confirm, and trying to manage cancellations vs. openings with an antiquated system. When I suggested OpenTable I did not realize all of the problems I would be solving for them. OpenTable brings reservation systems into the 21st century, and allows patrons an easy way to make, change, and cancel restaurant reservations with the click of a button. For the restaurant owner or manager, it saves all of the time you use to need for follow-up, and all of the administrative management needed to handle cancellations and book optimal service volume.

There is nothing that I do not like about OpenTable for business. It has brought a lot of value to our team, and has become a major asset that we rely on to book reservations. Patrons are as happy with OpenTable as we have been in the decision to start taking reservations through them.

Angela

Are use it all the time

Bewertet am 2.7.2018

Very convenient and a great timesaver

This is an unbelievably convenient and functional product. I use it to find restaurants easily and reliably when I travel. It's much more convenient than having to call the restaurant. I can make reservations any time of the day and go back-and-forth between restaurants to compare available times. Then, after I finish making my reservation, I could send the information to the other people in my party with just one click. Because of this product, I have tried many new restaurants and in many different areas that I wouldn't have otherwise tried. And, of course, the point system gets me a coupon every so often.

My biggest complaint is with the interface. I use it as an app on my phone mostly and sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. It works much better on the desktop.

Thomas

Perfect for small independents

Bewertet am 5.3.2020

It easily allows myself as a manager and my staff to manage bookings, helps identify where tables are at, what time they need to be turned. Much better than a paper system.

Clear indication of bookings
Easy to make notes for specific bookings
Excellent in time management

Reduced cost from online bookings
More options to indicate where tables are at
Better automatic table allocation

(struggled to find many cons to be honest)

Daniel
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The must use app for making restaurant reservations

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

I love using this app! Booking a reservations takes about 30 seconds total. They follow-up with a confirmation email, as well as emails after your dine, offering the ability to rate the experience for the benefit of the restaurant and other users, and they promptly credit you the points you've earned. The app also lets you input any special occasions you'd like to notate, which is really handy for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

The OpenTable app rewards you for making reservations - something you would likely do anyway! Not only that, but it makes the reservation process that much easier. You simply look up the restaurant, instantly see what days/times are available, and in a few clicks, you have your reservation. As soon as your reservation is completed, you earn points for dining. Once your point balance gets high enough (which doesn't take that long if you dine often), you can exchange those points for dining credits, or use them for discounts on hotels, or on flights booked through Kayak! You can supercharge your point earnings by selecting restaurants that have need dates/times that they would like to fill, often earning you 10x the points you would normally earn on a regular reservation.

The only negative is that not every restaurant is on it. It does have a dominant presence in the industry, so while you may not always find a cafe or coffee shop, a reputable restaurant is usually on the platform.

Lauren
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

OpenTable Kept Our Guests and Staff Happy

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Overall, OpenTable provided my restaurant with the ability to track guest who dined at our restaurant. It made the experience smoother for our FOH staff, especially our FOH manager and hostess.

The best thing about OpenTable is you're able to see who will be coming to your restaurant in advance. I don't necessarily mean each day (although that was great too!), but in the days prior. We were able to staff the restaurant accordingly by how many guests we were expecting. The interface was smooth and reliable on both our end and that of our guests.

There weren't many flaws with OpenTable. We had times when it wasn't updating in real time, but that may have been due to our internet capability.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Convenient, easy to use but minimal rewards and missing restaurants

Bewertet am 26.9.2018

I use OpenTable weekly to book restaurant reservations. I love that the app is easily accessible. I have had issues with needing to book two locations within a 2.5 hr timeframe... the software does not allow this, which is inconvenient, as some of us need to use two accounts to meet our needs.

Convenient, especially with the app on mobile devices. Love the different search options (name of restaurant, location, type of food). Like that there is a reward component.

Missing a tier system! I want to be rewarded to designated as "special" for all my points... not just claim a gift card that I will use and then never see again. There should be a designation that gives frequent restaurant attendees not just point to claim and then disappear, but also to get special seating or VIP treatment in some method. Also, some restaurants do not participate in Open Table... either very private ones or certain locations for chains... inconsistent. Perhaps if Open Table offered benefits beyond the same platform for reservations, more restaurants would participate.

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Open Table: Easy to Use!

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

I have realized that there are huge benefits to using this for lunches or dinners with co-workers or with candidates who are here for a meal during an interview process. This really saves time as far as working with admin assistants on scheduling, but most importantly all of the confirmations and follow up e-mails can be used as documentation for purchase-card reimbursements or for doing those entries at the end of the month. This is an ideal and fast platform to use, and really has a very basic and easy interface. The time of use is very quick, only a minute or two if that (and that is for the first time use!).

I appreciate that this app has a very high ease of use when you utilize your phone to make reservations. Even using the online app is very user-friendly! One thing that stands out about this product compared to others is that you can select different times for your restaurant reservations; you can actually make the reservation from this product instead of just getting on a wait list or "in line" like other products. I love the follow up e-mails that they send for updates and confirmations as well!

I do wish that the restaurant you are booking would send a confirmation as well, or even that they have seen your entry. I always call JUST to be safe; even though the app sends a confirmation e-mail I like being sure; having the restaurant even send a text to confirm would be useful.

Charles
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

An expensive but ultimately necessary platform

Bewertet am 8.9.2020

Once you are able to get past the frustration around cost, it quickly becomes apparent just how powerful of a tool OpenTable is. It is necessary for any restaurant serious about attracting new customers and while there are competitors, I have not found any that can match the compatibility of their integration tools, nor one that has anywhere near the number of customers using the service. It is a must have.

The software itself is very easy to use and intuitively designed. The integration directly into the restaurant POS is extremely helpful, and the compatibility appears to be nearly universal with any system you might be using. They clearly have invested in the product and the user experience, both for the proprietor and the end user.

It doesn't come cheap. The initial start up fees are reasonable in my opinion, but the ongoing fees (per head, per seated customer) add up quickly. This can be tough when your repeat/regulars are using the platform, where you know you are essentially overpaying for their business, but regardless this truly is a necessary tool for any restaurant that wants to compete for business, and customers expect that you have it. There are also not too many other competitors with the same level of integration into POS systems, at least not ones that are able to drive this much volume to the restaurant.

Kalin
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Reservations Made Easy

Bewertet am 6.11.2019

Overall I have loved my experience with OpenTable for Restaurants. As someone who does not like to spend time on the phone, this app streamlined the process of making reservations. It literally takes me seconds to reserve a spot at a table anywhere I want, as long as it is supported by the app.

This software makes reserving a seat at a restaurant very simple. The app gives you the ability to select a time slot and the number of seats you want to reserve and then does the rest of the work for you. This saves the user the pain of calling a restaurant, being put on hold, and spending unnecessary time on the phone. I'm sure it is also convenient on the restaurant side as well.

I would like to see additional restaurant locations added to the software here. I don't know if that would require some kind of agreement between the developers and the restaurants involved, but I would like to see some features that would enable reservations at any restaurant the user wanted to visit.