OpenTable

(1.020)

Sortieren nach

Paulina S.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Quick reservation with no need to call

Bewertet am 25.5.2020

Easy and convenient. Painless way to make a quick restaurant reservations without being put on hold or talking to a person. Can view manu and everything there is to know about restaurant I'm looking at online.

I have been using open table on both sides. I use it to make my personal restaurant reservations and I use it at the restaurant I work for as a server.
I love that when I view restaurants and want to make a reservation about 70% of total restaurants have open table. Its quick and painless way to make a reservation without being put on hold by a hostess..sometimes for very very long time. It give you chose of time and you can read all about the place you looking at. It shows you :hours, Entertainment, menu, you see photos that costumers posted, you see map of location, even who the chef is. Making reservation takes less then 10 seconds!!!! Fast and confident. As a worker it's very easy to operate system. Brainless I would say. I like that I can make notes for each reservation. Such a sever request or allergy.

For my personal use I never had an issue. As me working with open table every here and then reservations are not showing on my side as hostess/server. I had few angry guest. Will never know if that was a costumer fult or open table system fult for not processing reservation.

Lee M.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Super-easy to use

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

After lots of research, it's one of the best systems out there for restaurants. And great value for money.

This is great system to manage table bookings for a restaurant, with lots of marketing options. Once it's set up, it takes the hassle out of managing bookings and it's easy to also manually add bookings and block off tables. It's also good for CRM. And there's the option to generate reports and extract data for mailing lists.

The set up can be quote tricky, but once it's done, it's super-easy to manage.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Mainly for their pricing and marketing. More eyeballs on OpenTable than the others.
Grayson T.

Not worth it unless you are a major chain with 300 seats

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Not enough to list. Exposure, but it's limited for smaller companies.

It allows you to assign tables in the restaurant as they come in and shoes a fairly good job of tracking several metrics like turn time, server cover counts, etc. It also has ways to advertise and draw in customers who may not know about you.

It's impossible to compete. With the difficulty in finding a restaurant as a customer it translates to moe exposure for larger chain restaurants with budgets to throw at open table. Also, it's pricey. The cost per guest that books is unreasonable and you still have to pay more to advertise. It's just not worth it in my opinion. That are cheaper methods available that focus on phone number advertising as opposed to email (because who opens email nowadays). There are text message options with open table but they are buried and not effective.

• Branche: Internet
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

OpenTable – My Main Way of Making Reservations. Great Platform, But Needs More Transparency.

Bewertet am 19.4.2022

Overall, I love using OpenTable and it's definitely my go-to reservation platform. Whenever I need to make a reservation, OpenTable is always my first choice for a platform!

I love how easy it is to book reservations to my favorite restaurants. The UI is just beautiful, and it's so easy to navigate, see what times are available, double check the reservation I made, contact restaurants, read menus, see photos, and even change my reservation. I just love the ease of use.

I least like how, by default, way more data than I knew was being shared with restaurants and marketers. Buried in settings, I figured out how to turn these features off, but I feel like OpenTable is deceptive about how much data is really shared with their business partners, marketers, and restaurants.

Kelly M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A great reservations software for restaurants

Bewertet am 10.6.2020

Everything about OpenTable for Restaurants was an experience worth remembering. I never found myself getting lost or hung up on a problem with the software and creating reservations for the guests frequenting the restaurant. It did such a fantastic job with estimating the time that a table will be sitting to eat, depending on their party size, and adjust the schedule based on this. There would be reminders and notes when this would be approaching so I could let the customers know in advance so they didn’t have to come in and get upset. It allowed us to be able to go above and beyond to ensure our guests had the four star experience they were paying for.

Where to start when it comes to the best features of the OpenTable software. First and foremost, it is incredibly simple to pick up how to use it after only a few reservations have been made, it’s that great of a system. As a front of the house team member, it allowed me to view the entire floor plan of the restaurant on screen in a visual way that made the most sense to me, which made making reservations that much easier. When it came time to create the reservation, it was a matter of clicking on the proper icon from either a view of the floor plan or a view of the timeline. You are shown an overall view of the guests names and their party size as well as given an estimated time their party will likely be sat given their past visits to the restaurant and based of the average time of a party that size.

The software version I used has since been updated several times and I’m sure anything that was missing then has been added by now. As a user for multiple years, I strongly believe that there was hardly anything I can think of that was wrong with OpenTable. It helped me complete my job efficiently and all the guests seemed to enjoy their process of using it as well.

Jenna C.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Keeping both parties hoenst

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Overall I think Open Table was a great an powerful tool that has changed the restaurant industry.

I have used this software as a hostess and has a restaurant goer. As a restaurant-goer, I enjoy this software as it allows ease of making reservations. Instead of calling restaurants for availability Open Table allows you to easily see time slots available. On the other hand, as a former server and hostess, Open Table automatically populated any reservations made. Further it allowed you to enter and maintain regular customers in the system. Open table greatly helped me do my job in estimating wait times and maintaining reservations.

Open Table is a tool, not a crystal ball. While it greatly helped me in my job as a hostess, sometimes wait times were off due to people lingering longer or unforeseen circumstances occurring. This cause people to show up to their reservations and having a slight wait. On the other hand, as a user you are able to block Open table from allowing more reservations in the event things get really backed up.

Leslie M.
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best system ever

Bewertet am 12.5.2022

I’ve use the system for years and years and it has been the best thing next to you sliced bread

There are so many features with OpenTable that are productive to us using it from letting us know how many people are in the party if they have any allergies we can text them and let them know there are tables ready

Grace I.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

OpenTable Fan for Years!

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

I love OpenTable and will continue to use it for many years to come!

I've been an OpenTable user for many years now to book all of my dining-out reservations. It's easy and convenient to search any restaurant, view the menu and distance away from you and find available times for reservations.

My favorite feature is the points system! For each reservation, an OpenTable user will receive a certain amount of points. Those points can then be used to buy rewards including discounts on hotels, Amazon gift cards and so much more!

I have found in the past that my points have not always been given to my account based on certain reservations and that can be confusing to a user. It would be beneficial to have a clearer explanation of how the rewards system works.

Nancy N.
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I use OpenTable for personal and business use. It's wonderful!

Bewertet am 29.5.2022

OpenTable is free to use plus you get points every time you book a restaurant and show up for the reservation. The points can be used for money toward a dining certificate once you get to a certain level. The booking part itself is flawless. You just list the area or restaurant name, time, date and total in your party then select find. It shows the times/dates available for the specific restaurant (if stated) or it shows all restaurants in that area with availability for the time and party size. You can read restaurant reviews, see pictures & prices ranges. It's the software I go to every time I book a personal or work breakfast, lunch, happy hour or dinner. I just booked a dinner today using the app on my phone!

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung

A planner's best friend

Bewertet am 16.6.2022

Great experience with this app. Let's me plan ahead, and especially useful for vacation planning and business meal planning.

I like how the software easily let's you make selections and special requests for your party. My favorite feature is the integration w/ my calendar.

I wish more restaurants were available to book on OpenTable.

Mark W.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Halfway there, but needs help

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

Table reservation management is the basic goal, and attracting new patrons is also right up there. On the latter, OT is only fair. They used to be better about bringing in new people, but seem to have changed their algorithm. But it's not as bad as the money grubbers at Yelp who go out of their way to prevent people from seeing your restaurant name unless you pay them absurd amounts.

OT is a reasonably priced reservation system that is reliable and straightforward to use. It offers more extensive services for a large operation, but in its minimal form is easy for a small (35-45 seat) restaurant to use without dedicating a person to managing it.

The mobile app could be great, but isn't. There are three ways to interact: PC Web, Mobile Web, and Mobile App (Android in my case). They all have slightly different functionality, for no good reason.
- Example 1: The mobile app lets you see previous times a patron came in; mobile Web and PC Web only tell you the number, not the dates. But the mobile app doesn't give you control over scheduling and such. So you find yourself flipping among multiple devices to get your job done.
- Example 2: Mobile Web and mobile app require constant re-login. PC does not.
- Example 3: PC works reliably to see reservations, but after a period of inactivity, stops allowing interaction (such as setting a guest to "Seated"). A browser refresh is required.
Exasperating!

Kathryn B.

Love Open Table!

Bewertet am 5.8.2019

OpenTable is wonderful, not only do they have fast and professional customer service, they're also improving the software everyday. I love that we can train our hosts quickly and use the software to make it an enjoyable dining experience for our guests.

From a sales perspective, Open Table is fantastic at making sure we have plotted the proper rooms for private events. It is constantly making suggestions and making sure we're in the right time slots for turning tables. For our FOH manangers, it is very easy to train on which makes it less time consuming in the host training process. Guest center is also a great hub to check reviews, see your seating from an app on your phone and make any changes on the go. Love the pop up function and notes section to make sure our hosts have all the information they need. OTrestaurant.com is also wonderful to make sure we have all the right marketing tools turned on and become available to our guests. It is important that our guests have an ease of use to make a reservation and with the bonus points they receive from booking on open table it is just a plus for us to use the software.

Not a con, but we would love to see Open Table integrate with private dining software to make plotting private events faster.

Antwort von OpenTable Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kathryn, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Aron V.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for restaurant

Bewertet am 22.8.2019

We have used them for years and would highly recommend them to small, non-corporate restaurants trying to be seen amongst so many local restaurants.

Easy for our guests to make reservations, tracks guests visits, you can enter guest notes and historical data to make their next visit more meaningful. They often have "Top Ten" lists for the categories that guests vote you in that you can use for marketing purposes. Reviews on Open Table are considered 'legit' as only real diners can write reviews.

If you have more money to spend, a program like SevenRooms has more guest tracking data capabilities for tagging and targeted emails/marketing. Can get expensive if your guests often use Open Table to make reservations.

SevenRooms

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

If we had more money to spend, we would move to SevenRooms, but it is vastly more expensive so we won't be making the switch anytime soon.

Antwort von OpenTable Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Aron, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate your recommendation. We are now able to offer very sophisticated CRM capabilities through Venga. You can learn more here: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/venga

Charles G.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

OpenTable Remains Industry Leader for Many Reasons

Bewertet am 2.8.2020

If used as intended, OpenTable can be an unbelievable asset for any restaurant. It makes gathering and communicating guest information so easy and is compatible with the majority of point of sale systems

OpenTable has been the industry's leading platform for managing guests and an active shift. OpenTable is compatible with the majority of restaurant point of sale systems which really enhance the amount/ variety of guest information. It makes tracking new and regular guests extremely simple. OpenTable is always improving and expanding its capabilities.

The countless features of OpenTable don't come cheap. It is definitely an investment and often underutilized.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

OpenTable has an unmatched platform. Syncing it with your point of sale system and other hospitality programs can give you all of the ammunition you need to create a memorable guest experience for all of your guests.
Paul P.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Not only great for reservations......

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

OpenTable has been great for running the dining room more efficiently, and allows us to maximize our reservations and table turns like never before. Our hosts can confidently run the dining room from the tablet at the host stand and deal with all the reservations, walk ins, call aheads, using a waiting list. Everything is very easy to manage. With the ability to enter such succinct information about each table sat as to where they are in their meal, whether it is appetizer, meal, dessert, is the check on the table....it makes it much easier to estimate when a table will be done, so we can quote guests the proper wait time. I have been thoroughly impressed with OpenTable since we started using it a few years ago.

Most everything you can do with this software is very intuitive. Very easy to learn how to do multiple things very quickly and very easy to teach my other employees to do the same. I love how I can run my dining room on a busy weekend night from my tablet and be in complete control of all reservations, walk ins, and call aheads.

Very few issues with this software. If i had to come up with one for the review, i would say that it can be slightly buggy every once in awhile. What i mean is, some settings that i have changed to block tables for reservations or reconfigure the dining room setup can revert to previous settings without my doing. Once in a blue moon, but it is very frustrating when it happens.

Sarah P.

Longtime user

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

So far our experience has been very good. We are even giving their online ordering a try through our 2nd location.

User friendly and easy to navigate. Also a very established business for online reservations, which mean that most of our staff has worked with it in the past and is familiar with the layout and set-up of it. Very good customer support and is very knowledgeable about the software and can easily talk you through whatever process you are looking at completing.

Little clunky and cluttered to navigate around it via the app. Also a lot of steps to add guest into the system for simple just seating a walk-in.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Customer service and the fact that they have been at this game longer than most
Joshua S.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very easy and great tool for booking ahead and making reservations.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018

What I like most about this software is its usefulness, coupled with its simplistic yet easy layout. The options for available times and selections are very easy to read, making it very user-friendly. I also liked the way the layout also seemed to cater to touchscreen devices with larger than average digital buttons for selections. This definitely contributes to use on the go when a reservation may be needed to be made last minute. The available time suggestions closest to my desired time and date option also save me time from having to search around and find an available date and time.

There is not much I dislike about this software, but one thing that I would appreciate is in regards to desired date storage. What I mean by this is, let us say I have a date and time in mind for a reservation, and that time slot is not available, I am unable to book that timeslot. However, I am never made aware if that time slot becomes available unless I keep checking on that timeslot. It would be ideal if this software could incorporate an email alert or equivalent if a previously unavailable timeslot becomes available (due to the party originally occupying the reservation say cancels their existing reservation or if more seating becomes available) such that I can book my desired timeslot. While I realize this is more a feature I would like to see in a future update as opposed to an issue with the present software, I feel that this is something that is lacking that could be easily incorporated as a very useful user option.

Megan L.

Opentable and Venga

Bewertet am 4.10.2019

I’ve been using it in every restaurant I have worked in for 13+ years. The continued evolution of the product is much appreciated.

There is so many benifits- ease of use, platform for managing reservations prior to and in the moment, it aids in generating reservations, retaining guests and collecting data. Now that there is a venga connection I’m over the moon!

Honestly the cost per reservation is a little high for small owner operated restaurants but the added benefits are unmatched.

SevenRooms

Warum OpenTable gewählt wurde

Now that venga has been added we will be moving away from another product.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpenTable

Main stream product used by 90% of market. Allows for better advertising and venga is amazing!
Jenny M.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I predominantly use OpenTable for all my meal reservation-making.

Bewertet am 26.4.2018

Easy planning, less anxiety in wondering if a restaurant will have a wait, easy searching and filtering.

What I like the most about OpenTable is its ease of use. If I know what restaurant I want to book a reservation for and they have availability, I can basically get in and get out in less than 2 minutes. THAT'S efficiency.

I also like that you can customize searches by specific neighborhoods, specific occasions or ambiances (romantic vs. casual, etc.) and obviously prices.

Yelp isn't a main competitor but I hate that when you search for a bar or restaurant in a certain neighborhood on Yelp the results populate many, many bars or restaurants beyond that neighborhood to satisfy the search generation. I like that OpenTable functions more explicitly and narrowly than Yelp but it MAY include some very close neighborhoods in a search query.

OpenTable's trend forecasting and "places we think you'd like" are on point, too. They do a good job of assimilating restaurants into categories not just by food type but ambiance type and cost. On OpenTable, very often I'll book a reservation and then come back to check something and see that there are recommended restaurants for me that I actually already have on my personal list. It's not just like, "You picked an Italian restaurant, so we're going to recommend another Italian restaurant!". It feels more personalized and catered to me because many other factors are seemingly taken into account besides just food type.

This isn't a dig at the software specifically but I feel like some high end or modern / niche restaurants decide to host reservations on Resy instead and that tends to deter me from using OpenTable from time to time. I haven't had any issue with the OpenTable software specifically.

Nichole S.

Open Table/ Dirty Table

Bewertet am 10.12.2017

The ease of access of this app is too good for words. If everyone is sufficiently trained, and staff members are on their A game, this is app is quite helpful and useful. It allows all members of staff to update the POS system in order to communicate quickly what status a table is at. It is also helpful with assigning tables to certain parties and deciding upon wait times. For the Hostess, this system is great all all hosts should learn this program at some point in their career. I would only say that it is harder to expect a server to stay on top of updating the system for the hosts throughout their steps of service.

While the overall application is easy to use and very informative, it does tend to send some mixed signals between servers and hosts if not used properly. The app shows table layout on the screen that allows the user to see which tables have guests, which tables are empty but need to be bussed, and which tables are ready for new guests to be seated. The problem here is that unless a server has time between taking care of her other guests to run to a POS station to inform a hostess that a table is dirty and then find time 5-10 minutes later to see if her buster has cleaned the table and then update the table through the system, clean tables are forgotten and wait times are lengthened due to miscommunications. The structure itself is easy to use, however it seems to add

Dave S.

OpenTable Lover

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

OpenTable has been a pleasure to use since it's new facelift, I would recommend any and all restaurants to get on board.

Finally upgraded a lot of options for the software. It's been years and years making suggestions with this company, glad they started to finally implement what industry people needed.

The cost associated with some of the repeat business seems like it's unnecessary, but as long as it's driving business towards me I'm OK with it.

Sarah J.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Reservation and Seating System

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

OpenTable provides a lot of functions that benefit us. From a seating system to online reservation system, it supports the flow of the restaurant. It provides features that allows us to keep up with guests requests, VIPs, referrals and even integrates with our email provider for marketing. It is a great overall tool.

It is very user friendly for guests and admins. It is easy to navigate and flows very well. Makes the experience better for everyone.

It works very well and there are not any current functions that we are looking for that is not provided.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great to make online reservations

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Overall OpenTable is a great tool to make online reservations; however, I do feel that they need to make some improvements especially regarding the reward program to make it more appealing.

I use OpenTable almost on a daily basis to make reservations for both business and personal lunches or dinners. It is very easy to use and you can book a table at a restaurant within minutes. I like that you can search restaurants by neighborhood but also by cuisine and price range. It is also very easy to cancel or modify a reservation. The app is also very convenient for any on the go need.

Their reward program is not appealing. The VIP status doesn't grant you anything. I wish they would design a program where VIP members get preferred seating, timing etc. Moreover, after you collect a certain amount of points, you get a voucher towards a future reservation; however I noticed that the selection of restaurants that accept the voucher is extremely limited. Additionally, not all restaurants are listed on OpenTable, which sometimes is not ideal

Ashley M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

OpenTable is a great resource for keeping managing restaurant reservations

Bewertet am 19.10.2018

My in-laws own a restaurant and I often help them from a technology and operations perspective. They had trouble managing their reservations. They only open for dinner, and they would spend a lot of time every day listening to Voicemail reservations, trying to get parties back on the phone to confirm, and trying to manage cancellations vs. openings with an antiquated system. When I suggested OpenTable I did not realize all of the problems I would be solving for them. OpenTable brings reservation systems into the 21st century, and allows patrons an easy way to make, change, and cancel restaurant reservations with the click of a button. For the restaurant owner or manager, it saves all of the time you use to need for follow-up, and all of the administrative management needed to handle cancellations and book optimal service volume.

There is nothing that I do not like about OpenTable for business. It has brought a lot of value to our team, and has become a major asset that we rely on to book reservations. Patrons are as happy with OpenTable as we have been in the decision to start taking reservations through them.

Rohan M.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great way to manage restaurant reservations!

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

Very easy platform to use to find and book restaurants. You can search for restaurants by cuisines, location and availability and once you have made a booking you can also easily modify the booking by following the link in the email.

If you make a booking and don’t turn up they also send you an email to ask you to cancel if you cannot make it so that small businesses are not impacted by people not Turing up for their reservations. All in all a very easy to use product and this is the only software I use to book restaurants in my city. Shame it is not available more widely across other countries!

I can’t think of any cons except sometimes, it’s possible that some slots that are cancelled are not always available on open table but I suspect that is got more to do with restaurant updating their availability rather than open table