Blackboard Learn Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Abhuday
Abhuday
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and flexible learning management system.

Bewertet am 16.4.2023

Students are satisfied with it.

Students are satisfied with it.

It has very strong and fast customer support service.

It's bit costly and there are no free version.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Moodle

Warum Blackboard Learn gewählt wurde

More features are there in Blackboard.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Classroom
Rafael
Rafael
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One of the best e-learning softwares for (higher) education

Bewertet am 13.7.2021

My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is amazing, since it is a platform that has all the features (and beyond) I need for higher education (as a student).
The communication and course management are just spot on.
I feel this software has a great potential and amazing capabilities and it is definitely my favorite e-learning platform. I could easily recommend it to any higher education student/teacher.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the amazing and complete features it offers to its users.
I use this software for higher education (as a student) and it is very complete and reliable. I can track all my courses, appointments, works, grades, files and many more in the same place, which is perfect for me.
I also like the fact I can communicate with my teachers within this platform and the possibility to activate the email notifications for every course is a great add-up for this software.

What I like the least about this software is the User Interface (UI), as I consider the navigability could be better and the features could yet be more accessible and easier to use.
Other than that, I don't have any other "complaints" about Blackboard Learn.
I may mention that in the beginning of the pandemic, with the introduction of online classes, this software was a life-saver and my institution needed to contact the support team, who was very responsive and agile to solve all the issues at that time.

• Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard - Really clunky!

Bewertet am 5.3.2020

At our institution Bb Learn instructions sometimes don't match the local implementation.

What I like most about the software is what is is *supposed* to do: serve as a total course management system.

Everything about Blackboard is clunky — at least as it is set up in our university. Operations that should be drag and drop require multiple clicks. Nearly every function in Blackboard is present in other generic software and works more efficiently. In addition, Blackboard (as set up in our school) forces templates onto teachers, Redoing the templates into usable form takes lots of clicks.

Here are two examples of the most egregious design errors.

1. The Bb gradebook. It vaguely resembles like Excel or Google sheets in how functions. But unlike spreadsheets where one can easily duplicate columns and reassign formulas, the Gradebook requires separate multiple-menu-click operations for every column creation, every grade entry and every grade change. We find little flexibility in creating grading formulas, compared to off-the-shelf spreadsheet programs. And the import-export functions of Bb gradesheets to generic spreadsheets is so clunky that it is unusable.

2. Course duplication. Bb allows the teacher to duplicate a course. Except it doesn't really work. If you try and duplicate the course you taught in the year 2020 for use in 2021, you find that Blackboard will duplicate the general template for all university courses without importing all of the eaacher's innovations.

Arturo
Arturo
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Your new classroom (digital)

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

The experience that Blackboard gives you is satisfactory since several other platforms, its management system between courses, and the power to upload files or open documents that teachers upload to their respective courses, are not as easy to do as in blackboard, since the software is very friendly for students like us and makes it not cost us work in performing all its functions that it gives us.

Being still a student, I love the ease with which I can move within the interface and change courses because if you have several subjects, you can easily locate them and see the content very easily. Inside the software, you can see practically everything as if it were a classroom since you can hold virtual meetings, see your content/tasks to do, see your final grades, take your final exams, etc. It is a platform that stands out for its excellence in education since the page rarely crashes or presents some difficulties.

It may be difficult at first to navigate through the different menus/pages/courses because the platform does not give us that simply look the first time we see it, as unlike its competitors in the market, this one has a slightly less friendly view. But it is rescued if for example our school/university gives us within Blackboard a small tutorial on the essentials you should know about this software.
But honestly, I do not see many cons to Blackboard because it is a platform that gives us what we are looking for and that is why it is one of the top e-learning software.

Luis Carlos
Luis Carlos
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Does the job and has everything you need

Bewertet am 28.12.2021

I like that it does a little bit of everything. Some other professors at my university liked to rely on BB Learn for everything, including video-conference and online exams. Being as feature rich as it is, BB Learn has the problem that the user interface might be very challenging for some people. I guess you either really like it or really don't, so when it doesn't click you can get frustrated by a lot of things. Still, for the people loving it, they will make the most out of it. One of the best tools out there. Easy to recommend for general purposes.

I like that if you're a power user and your students get into it, this is probably the only eLearning tool you will ever need. It has everything from homework assignments to actual video-conference; besides of the usual tools like forums and work groups. The online exams are very useful, specially if you don't want to manually grade tons and tons of tests.

I don't like the user interface. Most of the tools are one more click away than I think they should. Very useful things like the exams are really powerful, but creating them is so awkward that sometimes you prefer to just handle a document.

Kim
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Better Learning Tool Out There

Bewertet am 9.11.2021

Overall my experience with Blackboard was not bad but since using other software I do prefer the others to Blackboard Learn.

Hosting courses on Blackboard is better than having another software. Helps with managing your class and multiple users can work together to add work to it. Integration with zoom is great and necessary. Eases the maintenance that comes with large classes for teacher assistants and professors.

So many features could be improved. We now use Canvas and prefer that to Blackboard Learn. Need more integration and more improvements on the mobile app.

Steven
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

How Blackboard Contributed to My College Success

Bewertet am 15.9.2023

Blackboard Learn is an invaluable tool for universities across the country. It removes much of the unneeded paperwork via online assignments that automatically grade themselves (which is also wonderful on the student side, receiving immediate feedback). My college experience was improved by having Blackboard in it, as I had been to schools with inferior software that was more frustrating to utilize.

Blackboard is an easy to use learning management system that eases the stress of juggling college courses for the student and professor both. Blackboard is easy to format, and very conducive to discussion between professors and students via the discussion board or the other tools provided.

When I was a college freshman, it was one of the first years my university used Blackboard. This caused a slight learning curve between the professors as they used the website the first year, which they asked for patience for. This is understandable, however, and in my sophomore-senior year the professors had a firm grasp of the program and it was not an issue.

Angelica
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Blackboard learn a way of improving virtual times

Bewertet am 9.11.2023

Overall excellent experience when familiarized with all tools even though, their continuous updates make it difficult to say that you know the platform 100 percent

Platform organization, accessibility (accessible on mobile devices), and also ensures a safe and protected learning environment.

The cost of the platform compared to other learning platforms. Also, complexity when first exposed to it

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Blackboard Learn is a Good Tool for Students

Bewertet am 17.11.2023

Blackboard Learn is one of the easiest platforms for college students to navigate. I like that I can talk to my professors in real - time.

There was nothing I didn't like about it.

Often Replaced, But Worth a Look

Bewertet am 5.11.2023

I still use it as a backup in my other classes. It's still useful even when out of front-line service

Blackboard is often being replaced with D2L/Brightspace, including at my college. However, it comes with a number of advantages. It's relatively easy to use and includes Blackboard UltraCollaborate, which was essential during the pandemic as a remote learning tool

It tends to delete older classes without informing the professor, making it harder to use or reuse older material

Laura
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

BB Learn-the old workhouse

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

I will continue to use BB Learn or soon we will be using Ultra, for as long as I have to for my job. If my job were to ask me should we keep BB or switch to another LMS - I would say SWITCH!

One of the absolute worst features within BB is the Voice thread area. I used to use it and had to teach others how to use it. They (BB) decided to "improve it" a couple years ago and now it is so difficult to use that I tried to create user guides and could not get it to work and it was so complicated now, I have given up on it entirely and do not recommend that area at all for anyone to use.

I like the powerful features and security of the program

BB is the most frustrating program I have ever used. It was one of the 1st LMS programs-I have heard. Its design is clunky and seems to be created by someone with little UXUI experience, I mean UXUI was a field that was known only by the people in the top of their field 20+ years ago so that would make sense! The lack of logical design for buttons and search areas is aggravating. The lack of them going back and changing things for the better and getting a visual designer and UXUI person involved NOW to fix the program-is again aggravating. An example to add a user, you click on a menu item-it goes to a window on the right and there is a search field there which one is supposed to ignore and know somehow to click on a button that does not look like a button called "Find Users To Enroll". WHY, is the search field even showing? Do you know how many times if I get away form using BB for a few weeks or months I end up typing in that filed instead of a button that does not look like a button? Explaining to faculty to NOT type in the field is a constant, because your intuition thinks the design makes sense-it does not.

Juliette

A Good Software but Needs Updating

Bewertet am 29.8.2021

Blackboard Learn is a good software, but it needs some updating to look more current. If it looked more current, customers could take advantage of all the functions of this software. I used it in a very basic way simply because I did not like the look of the interface.

This software allowed me to view my assignments for college and check my grades as well. Instructors used Blackboard to post important announcements and assignments. Overall, the software was easy to navigate and easy to understand. I liked the "Announcements" board of this software as it allowed professors to post important messages that could be found in a single place. The "Alert" feature was also very useful when there was a grade or assignment update.

Blackboard has many features, but I was not able to take full advantage of them because of how the platform itself looked. The Blackboard platform, especially the black bar on the left hand side, was always confusing and the site itself looked pretty old. When my university actually switched over to Canvas, students missed the layout of Blackboard, but not the actual software, which looked like it was several years old. If the actual interface looked better, I think it would be easier to navigate.

Bret

After over 6 years with BlackBoard, you get used to it

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

Overall, it gets the job done. Although I have heard that most people like Canvas better.

I like that I can create quizzes, embed media, create a gradebook, select the language, etc.

BlackBoard learn can be limited in many ways. For example, you are very limited with modifying the look of the course sites. Also, with assessments, you can give partial credit is a students gets the answer partially correct on a fill-in-the-blank assessment. I also don't like how it organizes the grades the students can see.

Hannah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Needs some work for organization

Bewertet am 5.8.2019

Not great. If I were to choose, I would go with canvas, which my university will be switching to in the next four years.

Probably my favorite thing about this software is how you can link videos, external links, and also professors can create quizzes, assignments, and tests on the platform and select various settings for their individual assignment/assessment. I LOVE taking tests on here because they are straight forward.

They really need to add a "flag" feature to the tests that are made and administered through the program. There have been many times when I am taking a long multiple-choice test and am not sure of the answer but then remember it 20 questions later, but by that time I can't find the original question that I remembered the answer for. The organization of this information system is, however, trash. Navigating around the site between classes and tabs within each class is annoying and not very intuitive. The way the site is made reminds me of someone trying to make a sign with a lot of diverse information, but everything on the sign is 12pt time new roman font - there's little differentiation between different ideas and concepts.

Albert
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Abomination is an Understatement

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

I had the opportunity to go to school online, or check assignments on a web-based platform. I liked that. But other than that, I cannot say a single good thing about it.

It is web-based. Some modules can be dragged and dropped. It has a lot of useless features I don't ever need or use, while missing ones that I do need.

Let's be real. Blackboard never heard of "less is more." They could learn a lesson from likes of Uber.

Here's what students need:

1. Educational content

2. Tasks with Due Dates and eventually grades

3. Chat (Group and Private)

4. Notifications

If a millennial designed Blackboard, the entire application could fit into a 3 page app, simple enough for a retard.

They went out of their way to make it complicated, so it would seem better on paper. They've put so many bells and whistles that it is an absolute nightmare for both students and professors alike. Confuses everyone and is a bottleneck in our educational system we should be doing without.

Joel Thomas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

As both a teacher and a student - Blackboard works for me

Bewertet am 24.11.2018

Make sure you explore the user guides and options, blackboard can be a powerful tool but some of it's features are less than obvious!

As a instructor blackboard lets me integrate a lot of different types of media through Kaltura, structure time released content ,vary assessments, and deliver individualized learning opportunities. All of these elements are crucial to my instruction. As a student, I get mobile access and notifications about grades, announcements, and course changes that help me manage my learning.

While the features are wonderful, they are somewhat convoluted to properly utilize, requiring more steps than I would like, and can sometimes be "hidden" in such ways that I have to refer back to user guides because it's not a very intuitive integration. Therefore, as a student, I find many of my professors do not fully take advantage of the learning management system because they have limited knowledge.

Stephanie
  • Branche: E-Learning

Great Platform For My College Courses

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Overall I would recommend blackboard learn to others it’s an easy way to access your grades your courses and assignments for your college course that you’re taking. There are some things that can be fixed like the interface to make it easier for people to see certain things but overall I would recommend blackboard.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the easy navigation of looking up my college courses. I am able to see what is due for each class on the calendar. I also love that I can get notifications that something is graded especially if it is for an assignment or test that I am waiting to see my grade.

One thing I don’t like about Blackboard is that there are outages and glitches sometimes and there is no notification about when it will be fixed or if it is ever going to be fixed. Another thing is the interface can be confusing to some people and may take some time to get used to.

Prutha

Great LMS for University

Bewertet am 7.6.2022

It is very customizable to your individual class/course. I would highly recommend it.

I have used this as a user and as an administrator and it is a great LMS. I allows for easy communication sent to all students/teachers in a course.

There is limited activity tracking for students and visuals could be improved.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

CANVAS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Blackboard Learn

Overall ease of use.
Kenatu
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Hammer To Swat a Fly

Bewertet am 16.12.2018

Blackboard is a classic case of good product upgrading too much until you lose what made it great. It has a lot of value added features, so much so that you can no longer find the simple things. They should also focus on getting the bugs out of what is really needed and not focus so much on adding more. Keep it simple, stupid KISS. over all a pretty decent LMS but there are better for less.

Feature Rich - lots of value added functionality
Love that there are break out rooms for each session
Clickable rubrics - awesome
Cons 345/100 characters minimum

Grading system is too granular. if you use this it makes it too easy for a few bad assignments to tank students grades and gives the instructor more work.
What do you have against independent content. I create videos using Camtasia and Movavi, but its often a fight get them placed where I'd like or even to get them to run in the first place.

John
  • Branche: E-Learning

New Bb Rollout

Bewertet am 6.1.2022

My institution just rolled out the updated Blackboard platform. I CANNOT UNDERSTATE HOW DISAPPOINTING IT IS! It is harder to use and Bb has removed many of the options for customizing the look and feel of course environments. The MOST ANNOYING change is the locked "institution" bar on the left side of the screen. It is taking up precious screen space... it is not movable. AND the x "close course" box on the top left is too easy to click on... I have already had the problem of having a course close a number of times when I was working on it because I scrolled over that box. This IS REALLY BAD. Stupid design. A move backwards.

Ability to share lecture recordings and instructional material.

The changes are in the wrong direction. Only 1 discussion folder. Moving from ability for instructors to customise the look and feel of a course to more standardization.

Teddy

Decent Tool for Teaching Remote Classes

Bewertet am 20.6.2023

Using this service has made me realize that there are more services that offer lower prices. After a year of using this product, I wouldn't recommend this product and will continue to utilize another service in the future.

Blackboard Learn allows me to track the progress of the students. If one of my students is falling behind on an assignment, it notifies me then I would contact the student about their missing assignment. These are the features that I like the most about Blackboard Learn.

Blackboard Learn does not handle large file sizes well. There was an incident where a student of mine couldn't hand in an assignment due to their file size being too big. Following that event, the student had to send me their assignment via email. Blackboard Learn should increase its file size limit in order to prevent this from happening again.

Ziyaad
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A good environment for students

Bewertet am 6.8.2022

Really nice experience especially since I went remote, very easy to learn because of its user friendly UI, it sometimes feels better than being in the office/class

The calendar was a great feature, I would always catch myself going there to see what I have due on which days, its a really nice addition to stay organized and check due dates in the case I forgot. Another additional feature would be recordings, having a space to go back and check previous recordings was great as well

Not being able to import the calendar to google calendars or going through a lengthy process to do it, Linking it with outlook calendar can be confusing as well at some points.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

seemingly popular but surprisingly clunky

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

This is not a minor software and many have found it to be worthwhile, so consider my review in context of your particular business needs. There may be aspects that fit your needs quite well. I just haven't found them in my case.

I can't say too much positive other than it is a reliable platform. Rarely experience outages which affect business critical functions.

I think that the back-end reporting features must be the shining star of this software. The front-end user experience is less than adequate. I have used blackboard to deploy data and assessments for 5 years, and I still have questions which require professional assistance at least once a quarter. It is time consuming to use and does not produce a clean interface.

Lara
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A perfect LMS for remote learning

Bewertet am 19.7.2023

We have since moved on to Canvas at my workplace, and I long for the days when all we used was Blackboard. I have had more trouble with Canvas than Blackboard with my distance learners.

Its adaptability and flexibility for the content writer. Information is so easy to add, edit, or remove at a moment's notice, and the changes are reflected immediately.

There could be more assessment tools added, but the ones already there are more than adequate.

Blackboard Analytics for Learn

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

Analytics has been a game-changer that is helping our institution create an overall better student experience.

Blackboard Analytics is an amazingly powerful data platform. Working in conjunction with Pyramid, Analytics lets you view Blackboard data from a "global" institution view, all the way down to a single mouse click, by one student in one course. In this ever increasing data-driven industry, Analytics is a powerful tool to help you make informed decisions based on real time data. Information is presented in easy to navigate dashboards, allowing users to interact with the data. Admins can create specific reports tailored to the institution needs. Customer support and training have been invaluable.

Going in, it helps if you have a working knowledge of databases. The dashboards are easy enough for the general user, but the report creation is not always intuitive. All that said, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.