• Funktionen
  • Branche: Fundraising
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Happy Customer: Bookkeeping, Tax, CFO, R&D

Bewertet am 5.4.2021

We started with Pilot Bookkeeping and have been adding on services (CFO, Tax, R&D) ever since due to our satisfaction with their services and their efficient, effective all-in-one approach.

As a fast-growing tech company, it was extremely important to us that we partnered with a like-minded firm on our financials. We don't have this expertise in-house, but for a fraction of the cost we've been able to outsource and automate enormous amounts of the legwork involved with our monthly reconciliation process, CFO/Board Reporting, Tax, and R&D filings. On top of that, Pilot continues to proactively create value for our business thanks to their talented team, wealth of knowledge with similar businesses as ours, and dedication to top-knotch customer service.

As the ultimate testimonial, I frequently recommend Pilot to other entrepreneurs and personal friends of mine.

My only regret is not working with them sooner! Pilot has saved me hundreds of hours through their highly technical, automation-forward approach to everything they do.

Camilla H.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

I tell all my founder friends to use Pilot!

Bewertet am 1.4.2021

Pilot is brilliant at doing exactly what it promises: taking over the accounting and back office work of running a company so that you (the founding team) can focus on actually building your product. Pilot also does an exceptional job delivering great value for much less than any of their competitors — a testament to the strength of their technology. Lastly, the humans at Pilot are amazing. Every time I’ve had a question, from the most basic to truly arcane accounting and tax questions, all I have to do is email my account manager and he proactively pulls in the needed expertise from the larger Pilot team. I am simply so grateful this service exists; it has fundamentally changed the way I get to run my company.

I’m excited to see what new features Pilot rolls out in the future. A founder community where we could ask accounting and finance related questions would be amazing, for example.

Lars A.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Pilot is a helpful ally for a small business

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Overall, I am very happy with the service that Pilot provides. I like the software that they offer and I'm excited to see how they continue to iterate and set an even higher bar.

A consolidated tool for both bookkeeping and tax preparation has been very helpful.
- Adding a new account or connection is easy
- I'm able to see the status of my corporate tax filing
- Contacting my tax representative is easy
- Vendors and transactions are in a centralized repository

I'm prompted for input once a month or when deadlines arrive to sort and code a short list of new vendors or unusual transactions, but otherwise the Pilot portal (and service) allows me spend more time focused on taking care of my employees and running the business.

I hope to see Pilot build out features for greater account customization and security in the coming months:
- Two factor authentication (2FA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA) made available
- Dashboard for updating email, password, security features
- Dashboard for adding/removing users and setting a security policy (ex: 2FA)
- Contact information for my bookkeeping team embedded into my Pilot dashboard the same way that it is for my Pilot tax team

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great Onboarding Experience and Ancillary Services

Bewertet am 1.4.2021

Our prior accountant closed unexpectedly and quickly and we were in a bind. From sales to onboarding to BAU support, the Pilot team has been incredibly responsive and patient with us as we uncovered mistakes that needed to be addressed asap.

Additionally, we realized that we needed some additional reporting for our board and discussed options with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] services team. It was expensive (for us) but soooo worth it. The added insight that the team provides in addition to the reporting has been invaluable. We've had many conversations about our growth plans etc and I feel like they are an extension of our team.

We had recent conversations about leveraging PIlot for R&D Tax Credits. Although, we ultimately determined that we aren't ready to proceed at this point, I now know what we would need to have in place & the benefit should we decide to proceed in the future.

I'm someone that appreciates human interaction and Pilot makes it easy to engage with the team when I wanted to. I also love, love the dashboard it's easy to use and interactive.

I wouldn't say anything is missing - I would love to be able to generate reports directly out of Pilot instead of going to QBO - purely for aesthetic reasons because the format doesn't look the same as the monthly reports the team provides.

Ivo P.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

No-brainer for any early stage startup

Bewertet am 1.4.2021

Early customer, very happy, not planning on changing anything

- Full stack of services needed by a startup - bookkeeping, CFO services, AR / AP, tax prep
- QBO integration
- Very knowledgable team
- Very responsive, straightforward communication
- Automation of bookkeeping all but eliminates manual errors, keeps costs down

Honestly not much I dislike. I used to have to work with multiple firms for tax prep and AR / AP services, but now I have everything under one roof and loving it.

Christopher S.
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Pilot is your guide for all things bookkeeping

Bewertet am 5.4.2021

By using Pilot, I know that our books are always pristine and accurate, without needing to employ a large or expense team to do bookkeeping.

The aspect I enjoy most is the professionalism and responsiveness of the Pilot team. They are dependable month to month in getting our books out to us timely and accurately.

Pilot is building more and more automation, which hopefully will continue to reduce the number of one-off adjustments or tags that we have to do each month.

Sam R.
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great product after a few million in fundraising

Bewertet am 1.4.2021

This really simplifies the bookkeeping and has been a great tool and saves me a lot of time. Also the pricing is very transparent and predictable and we don't get slapped with large accounting bills out of the blue.

They do help with taxes but they don't have their own CPAs. I like to build relationships with my CPAs but they changed it without any notice and the next year I was filing my taxes I saw a different person in charge.

Caroline H.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Excellent Accounting Services

Bewertet am 1.4.2021

The Pilot software and team has significantly upgraded my organization's accounting functionality and has given us a better view of our business's financial health.

Pilot's software enables my business to have a consistent, accurate view of its financial health without much need for input from my team beyond the initial set-up.

We use Pilot's add-on tax service, and it can feel like the two teams do not share information/communicate, resulting in needing to provide the same information multiple times.

Greg W.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bookkeeping and taxes suck. Let Pilot handle it!

Bewertet am 3.4.2021

Pilot interfaces with most of the popular financial SaaS platforms and offers amazing customer support. They made it easy for us to toss the backoffice keys over to them so we could focus on building the business.

Certain actions and configurations on the various SaaS platforms require manual resolutions by either my team or through working with a Pilot representative. Fortunately, the Pilot team is very quick to respond and often resolves the issue with little or no interaction from us.

Thomson N.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for startups

* Lots of integrations
* Monthly check-in
* Works on top of Quickbooks

* Integration setup can be a hassle if you have a lot of vendors
* For non-SaaS companies, it'll require some additional setup to recognize revenue properly