PDQ Deploy

Designed for businesses with multiple IT assets in any indus

André L.
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

Bewertet am 4.8.2020

When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Gabe C.
  • Branche: Investmentbanking

We Love PDQ, But...

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Overall it has been a wise investment. This last year with WFH has been incredibly difficult though. DNS struggles to identify systems and half the systems are not online. We really need a functioning client for machines outside of our network.

PDQ is lightweight and incredibly efficient. Having the flexibility to deploy packages to dynamic collections is by far our favorite feature.

We have had an incredibly difficult time over the last year with systems outside the network or on a VPN. Removing the inventory client was a big loss for us. We would happily use a client if you had one.

John H.
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Save yourself time and buy it now

Bewertet am 13.8.2021

PDQ Deploy (and Inventory) are quite literally open on my workstation all day/every day. We're a relatively lean IT department, and automation is critical to our success. I simply don't have to worry about patching several 3rd party applications as well as deploying new software to the environment.

The time savings PDQ Deploy generates makes it invaluable to our organization. If we were to attempt half of what PDQ does on a daily basis, we'd have to double our department size.

While I technically loved the idea of a PDQ agent, I realize it wasn't in the cards. That said, we've pretty much removed the need for an endpoint agent by deploying remote access VPNs.

Kris K.
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Love it, but it has issues

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

The company are great. Sadly there are more comprehensive SaaS solution with cloud offerings that at least for us are more suitable - especially with the shift towards a lot more home working.

PDQ is a great interface. It's agentless and sits on a server internally. Using Deploy is easy to do and there are a lot of predefined packages. You can also make your own and use many different deployment methods.

I couldn't use it externally easily. This meant machines out of the office were unmanageable.

PDQ Link became available in Q2/3 2021 but I could get it to work despite support. PDQ then pulled Support for it and was the final nail in the coffin.

Rick M.
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

Bewertet am 26.7.2021

There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them.

It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Daniel W.
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

PDQ Review

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

ManageEngine Desktop Central, SolarWinds Service Desk und Zoho Desk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy

PDQ had a more simplistic feel than the more robust solutions. To many complications can cause headaches and PDQ allows you to stay simple or expand as far as you want.
Jeroen G.
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy.
(edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Brett I.

Simple, functional, reliable

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

PDQ Deploy is an excellent value. I've used it at previous jobs and have introduced it in every new job. The amount of time saved is staggering.

The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages. If you can script it, you can deploy it.

I still like the idea of PDQ Link, or similar software. During the pandemic, a lot of our machines were never on our local network, so PDQ Deploy and Inventory had limited use for us. We had no way to deploy software to users unless their machine was back on our network. Even when users are using a VPN to connect to our network remotely, deployments still don't work (probably something on our end).

I am currently looking at other options like FileWave to do off network support and inventory.

Bart A.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Deployment with ease.

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

It makes updating so much less time consuming and gives a proper overview about the installation states. Also using the integration with PDQ Inventory keeping software up to date that was installed later on manually on some machines also works. So if you for example installed an Adobe Reader manually that still can be updated by the software once it identified it. Update scheduling works like a charm.

Finally a product that does what it's supposed to do. And it's actually good at what it's doing. It is highly flexible. So if you just want to copy some files that works with this product as well as installations that do checks on dependencies. It has an own repository where already configured application installations exist. It can have schedules, it can deploy to one or more machines. You can group installations. It integrates nicely with PDQ inventory. What else to say than this is just great software for a reasonable price. It does what it is intended for and more.

I think there are no real cons worth mentioning. Just try and buy this software you will not regret.

Jordan D.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Easy Windows deployment and management

Bewertet am 3.10.2018

PDQ has made installation and management of our Windows computers easy and inexpensive. Capable of integrating with Active Directory, finding and pushing software to Windows computers is a breeze. Partnered with PDQ Inventory, we would find ourselves working much harder without it.

Pre-built deployments
AD Integration
Automated deployments
Easy to use and setup

No OS X or Linux support. Would be awesome if I didn't have to find another program to manage those operating systems, even for the basics.

Morton M.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use for deploying softwares to thousands of computers. Deploy and walk away.

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

Love it. This software is a God sent. Seriously, i had doubts with it when i first tried it, but when i noticed / realised that I can deploy and MSI or exe software to 100 computers, and it only took 10 min, I was just in awe with it. I said to myself, if i can do this to 100 devices, imagine how easy it would be to install softwares on the 1000 computers and the time spent for installing softwares, i could be doing other things. I'll be devastated and don't know what to do if i stop using this.

Easy to use. Set package for deployment. Test it. If package works, deploy the package manually and walk away, or scheduled the package to have it installed overnight. If deployment fails, it will install once the computer goes online. So many options that can be set and use.

no Cons. Improvements only. Perhaps packages for deploying windows 10 apps can be included. At the moment, I have to figure out how to use Power shell to deploy windows apps. Also, deploying chrome extension, perhaps this can be included in the pdq deploy software package

Technical support is not available in Australia, so when i send and email, i have to wait 24 hours to get a reply, which is a bummer. I wish we had tech support in Australia.

Timothy M.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

PDQ Deploy is AMAZING!!!

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Patch management is crucial for our organization. We also have specialized applications which need to be updated semi-frequently. So being able to use Deploy to quick, easily and reliably push changes and updates across our entire organization is critical.

Love the hotkey functions. Ease of use and overall UI is great. Easy to navigate, configure and change the product itself as well as quickly and easily build and deploy packages.

The option for setting "offset" days with scheduled deployments would be nice as we typically schedule our deployments based of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.

Scott L.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

Bewertet am 2.7.2021

We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates.

Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.

Aaron E.
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Deploys Awesomeness!

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!

Rob H.
  • Branche: Kunststoffe

Deployment Solution

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

It's great for remotely deploying software and patches. Saves a lot of time and effort because you don't have to go to an end user computer or try to connect with them somehow to install anything, you can just set up a package to deploy silently with no user intervention.

The best part of PDQ Deploy is the ability to deploy software and updates/patches to computers on our network. Pretty easy to figure out how to build a deployment package and works exceptionally well. Also easy to understand.

I really have no cons to speak of other than sometimes we cannot connect to a computer to perform a scan or deployment but that isn't really the fault of the software, that's more of a network issue. We have users working from home using vpn and deployments fail for them sometimes.

Keith J.

PDQ-Lifesaver

Bewertet am 7.10.2021

Many updates can be sent out and installed silently while the computer is in use. Makes them think I'm some sort of magician.

I used to be up at night updating or installing in computer labs until as late as 2am to have the labs ready for the next day. Couldnt do it duing the day because the computers were always in use. Now I can just schedule installs/updates before I leave work and they are done before I go to bed - at a normal time.

The only thing I like least about PDQ is how long it took to learn about it

Charlie S.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ - Solid Patch Management for Less!

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

Fantastic. it's allowed me to automate and manage a 1200+ machine network that was near impossible before I had PDQ to help. Plus, it's priced amazingly compared to other solutions.

PDQ's ease of use combined with the sheer number of features is staggering (in a good way!) It's super easy not just to deploy patches but also to automate command line and scripting across many machines at once. The automated package library is huge and makes my life much easier.

I don't have anything bad to say about PDQ. Any issue I've had was solved within hours and their customer support is top notch.

Landon L.
  • Branche: Glücksspiel & Casinos
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ is ready for your enterprise

Bewertet am 26.7.2021

from Print Nightmare mitigation to installing the latest packages from MS and partners the experience has been great. Great support. Great product.

what I like most abut the software is the great support. Yes it can deploy remotely to your entire network. Yes it can help you maintain your infrastructure security but showing patching deficiencies and missed updates but what I really like about this software is the customer support. from youtube to one on one sessions, PDQ has the best support in the business.

could have a larger set of already supported software natively.

Charles C.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Power without comprimise

Bewertet am 13.11.2018

- Extremely robust. allowing you to create packages specifically written for practically any and every program, Job, script, Ect.
-Cheap. Very much worth the price
-Ease of use. Anyone with a bit of IT knowledge can quickly install this program and start using it at a moments notice
- Kind and quick Support. Everyone at PDQ (that I have worked with) is friendly and easy to work with.
- Versatile. This program works with practically any setup.

If I had to have one complaint I would certainly say that its the fact they are without a phone support line. Everything is done either through their forums or email. While they are quick to provide support via Email. its still email and feels much slower than if a phone were used.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Worth every penny

Bewertet am 7.4.2019

Very positive, hope to use for a long time

Probably the most used tool for our department. PDQ makes deploying software or custom on the fly changes to workstations a breeze. We dont use GPOs anymore for software. Scheduled deploys, scripting, you can run scripts with local authentication which is great if a computer falls off the domain. Combined with PDQ inventory very powerful. Great built in repository of programs and such. The software is built very well and intuitive.

I'd like to see bandwidth throttling based on network I stead of global but that's not a big deal

Jacob B.
  • Branche: Lagerung

PDQ is a Joy

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

The automation capabilities provided by PDQ have allowed our team to offload meaningless manual tasks. We are able to reliably and regularly patch all of software we maintain, push settings and configuration, and save both the admins and end users so much time.

It would be an excellent addition to be able to manage remote endpoints.

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software Deployment tool

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

Day to day software deployments are much easier using PDQ. I am able to create, test & deploy application packages in few minutes. Much more convenient than SCCM. They even offer Windows Cumulative updates which is a bonus feature.

1. Prebuilt packages are so useful. Makes life much easier for IT Admins
2. Integration with PDQ Inventory is the best part of using PDQ Deploy. There are lot of custom build dynamic groups and it is so easy to make the deployment seamless.
3. Integration with Active Directory comes handy.
4. Scheduling package push using Heartbeat Deployment is added convenience.

The only issue is managing remote/offsite machines becomes challenging using PDQ Deploy.

Aaron D.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Professional Windows Hater, PDQ Lover

Bewertet am 28.6.2021

My day job is to hate Windows. I switch companies to Linux, and I deal with Windows security issues. PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory are hands-down the best tools I've ever used in a Windows environment. I actually *love* using them and can't see how I survived the last few decades without them.

Ridiculously easy to set up, well-designed interface, it's obvious the developers dogfood their own software.

I have no cons when using PDQ software. It's truly a joy to use.

Ross W.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very reasonably priced solution for basic deployment

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

PDQ has become an invaluable tool in our environment and saved us countless hours, deployments of new software have become much simpler and no longer need to involve GPOs.

Amazing solution for automating deployment of software, tools and other changes. Very simple to pick up and run with, empowers frontline staff to package their own deployments and solve problems independently.

Subscription based rather than perpetual, limited number of pre-built packages. Not a significant online community around additional packaging. A community packages feature would be very welcome.

Joseph Z.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

PDQ Deploy

Bewertet am 25.10.2018

Amazing experience. I would recommend everyone to look into them and their software. Specifically for updating/patching Microsoft Windows, Java, Adobe, etc. They update the patches automatically on their end and all you have to do is "import them/allow them"

Easy to use. Updated constantly. Support is attentive and you can rely on them to get back to you quickly. The amount of packages that are updated on their end - and approved on our end. Makes installing/updating software a breeze.

Patch Tuesday from Microsoft, the updates for Microsoft Office are left off. Only bad thing I can say.