PDQ Deploy & Inventory Erfahrungen

Nico
  • Branche: Automotive

Das zweite Jahr mit PDQ

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Seitdem wir PDQ Deploy im Einsatz haben, können wir mit wenigen Klicks unsere Clients mit Software versorgen. Das spart viel Zeit und mit Inventory gemeinsam hat man stets einen guten Überblick über die Hardware.

- Klasse Paketverteilung für individuelle Software- mit Inventory zusammen lassen sich leicht gefilterte Gruppen nutzen

- benötigt etwas Eingewöhnung in die Benutzeroberfläche- Paketverteilung bedarf manchmal etwas händische Nacharbeit

Charles
Charles
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

#1 most used software in my role

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Honestly I use it every day, multiple times a day. I wouldn't want to work somewhere that didn't have this software. My life is so much easier. Quickly find and patch computers & push out software and updates. Pair this with PDQ Inventory and you're golden.

I've honestly never had a problem with this software and I've been using it for probably 7 years at least.

DANIEL
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

PDQ Review

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

Zoho Desk, SolarWinds Service Desk und ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

PDQ had a more simplistic feel than the more robust solutions. To many complications can cause headaches and PDQ allows you to stay simple or expand as far as you want.
Phillip
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

PDQ Deploy anomalies

Simplify server management
Saves on me sign in multiple times
Repeat task on remote machines

These features seem inconsistent:
- Say you want to run a number on commands on a number of servers you cannot get a combined report of the output of all the commands. Often this is needed as the report may be input into further tools
- You should be able to set default credentials for each computer you add manually which can be overridden from 'deploy one'
- You should be able to group a group of computers like a tree structure eg. directory structure in Windows or UNIX
- Computers should be able to be a member of more than one group. When you add a known computer to another group it should copy all these properties as default starting point
- In new package, you should have the ability to not have to choose a step type but the commands the user types in most cases tell you what type of step it is

Marek
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Cheap solution for cheap LAN only use-cases

Bewertet am 16.12.2022

I am overall happy regarding the needs that we currently have. Absolutely not good enough for modern and especially mobile cloud-based infrastructures though.

Block programming approach to defining the deployments and inventory. Really in-depth access to the OS that can read whatever you can think of with an ease. Visualisation of the results is not possible though.

No mobility support, no cloud, no dashboards, nothing. Users cannot interact with any deployment in any other way than by pressing OK. UX level cca when Greenday lead the hitparades.

Sonam
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

A regular PDQ user of 1 person IT department

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

I ran into projects after projects during pandemic. was looking for a tool to manage everything remotely, PDQ demo took place and went for it right away. Saved tons of time deploying patches, softwares, custom installations and much more. This tool allowed me to run whole IT department single handedly.

Ease of use, simplicity, effectiveness. PDQ has nice video based how to dos and that was helpful.

Two part of deploy and inventory, can they be one?

Atera

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Demo was promising and trial was exactly what I was looking for.
Piotr
  • Branche: Großhandel

PDQ is amazing.

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

Number of options and flexibility of any PDQ product is amazing. Systems are super easy to deploy and work with. There is no better product on the market, and I've been tested multiple and still use some as addition to PDQ.

There is none, but it will be great if PDQ could work without having clients on VPN in the future. (And I think they are working on it)

NinjaOne und Pulseway

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Clear licensing, great price and great and clear communication in pre-purchase stage.
Yannick
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Save time while keeping your IT infrastructure up to date

Bewertet am 19.1.2022

PDQ Deploy need a bit of work to prepare the software packages, but after this first step (which can be demanding in some cases), the deployment and updates are like "click-and-wait".
Since we are using PDQ Deploy, we can finaly keep our IT infrastructure consistent and up to date very easily and with only a few efforts.

Integrated packages for a lot of common applications, highly configurable software packae deployement, reliable, easy to use and well integrated in the Windows professionnal environnement.

PDQ Deploy does not allow you to really track the deployement history and the state of your IT infrastructure. External solutions (e.g. PDQ Inventory) are needed in order to know if a product or product version is already deployed.

Chocolatey

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Recommendation of our IT partner, affordable price, wide choice of ready-to-deploy applications and ease of use
Jp
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for a small shop

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

I took over at a small/medium firm that did not have any type of deployment software in place. I had experience with the free version of PDQ Deploy years ago at another small business and new that it would be at least worth trying it here. After creating a good service account with the correct permissions, I was rolling out test deployments with ease. Now, I use it every day either deploying software or finding new things to setup.

- Easy to set up- Easy to use- Small infrastructure footprint- Low resource needs- Helpful community- Fits needs of a small business

I can not think of any negatives currently.

Denham
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Inventory program for Windows

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

Great it works great and does what I need.

Great it works great and does what I need.

Super easy to use, works wonderfully with PDQ Deploy.

Windows only, if there was a cross platform component it would be perfect.

Erick
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very good Software and value for the price

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Solve the patch update for workstations and clients, inventory reports.

Solve the patch update for workstations and clients, inventory reports.

The easy way to configure the deployments and schedule that to run automatically on time to time.

Do not have a client to install and not be able to monitor or deploy to clients outside of the network what nowadays is very normal with remote work.

Dirk
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Quick overview of your installed assets and their software inventory

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

We maintain the latest Security patches for applications and deploy where necessary. It's important to run latest version of software.

We can easily see all of our connected hardware in one overview, Windows version, build version etc. It's great you can update packages installed on devices and see which are outdated or got the latest version you accepted. You can use the inventory and copy the devices easily and use them in PDQ deploy.

If devices run at home it's hardware to track them and obtain updates. Once they connect back in the office it starts to work again or you have to setup VPN which is possible too.

James
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

PDQ has become the most used toolset in my career.

Bewertet am 17.8.2023

This is the 2nd job I have had with PDQ. Part of the reason I was hired for this position was my knowledge of PDQ. The previous admins had purchased but no one knew how to use it. The overall system was in a neglected state. In the 9 months I have been here I have rebuilt and moved PDQ to new servers and changed the way Patch management was done. I retired WSUS because I can do all that it does and more with PDQ. So much more. And the customer support is amazing. I use it when I am stuck with what seems to be unique to our company issues and your staff makes it simple to resolve. I do believe I have become a much more efficient engineer because of PDQ. Keep up the awesome work!!

Automation is a must when you have over 400 devices. It makes complex problems much easier to accomplish.

I really have not had time to learn all of the features of your products. But that is not on PDQ. Your YouTube videos are amazing and fun to watch. Keep up the humor. That goes a long way in IT.

John

Amazing Software for Managing and Updating Windows Computers

Bewertet am 17.1.2023

Before using PDQ Deploy, we were periodically re-imaging our public computers which was a time consuming process as we have multiple areas in the library each with different software programs installed. In between re-imaging, key utility programs would regularly become out of date, negatively impacting patrons usage of the computers. Now with PDQ Deploy, we are able to easily update only specific software programs across all areas, irregardless of the overall software image in use. Simpler and faster process allows for the computers to be updated on a quicker schedule resulting in a better overall experience for our patrons, and significantly less time expended by IT staff.

The included Package Library is a fantastic added value to the program providing prepared and tested packages for installing/updating most of the popular/requested software programs. Very easy to use without having to study a lengthy manual. Seemless integration with existing systems and AD. Regular updates to the software, weekly webcasts, extensive video tutorials on usage.

None that I can really think of. Not a fan of the new program icons which make it more difficult to identify which program is which, but that's really a minor nitpick.

Ian

Keeping tabs with PDQ Inventory

Bewertet am 27.12.2022

I started using the free version at a former job and introduced it to my team at my current job. I asked a few times for the licensed version and eventually after i produced a potential ROI document i managed to get 2 licenses for both deploy and inventory. My colleague and i get so much more accomplished leaving time for the more physical side of our jobs.

I love everything about this software. The tools are all there, command line, MMC Management, Reboot, remote assist and desktop wake... Dunamic grouping so i can keep abreast of what needs this or that software. What operating System, whether it is laptop, desktop or server. Registry printers etc etc, is there anything it cant do.

None absolutely none. With this in my tool box i save myself weeks worth of work within a year. The ROI impresses the fiscal department, our turnaround of work requests jumped staggeringly according to our quality and rounding departments.

Jamie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

PDQ Deply and Inventory

Bewertet am 24.12.2022

As stated above, this has made my monthly patching much easier and also allowed me to auto patch more apps than just Windows updates. I have also built out auto deployment packages that I use when settin gup new machines. I add them to my domain, Inventory picks them up on scan and adds them to a dynamic collection, Deploys heartbeat deployment for that collection pushes out the preconfigured list of apps/packages and generates a message on each machine when finished.

Tried this out after some frustration with SCCM. While the MS product was getting my monthly patch Tuesday stuff covered, it felt a little complicated to manage. With PDQ deploy, it feels much easier, plus im now getting windows patches as well as patching many other apps(Chrome, edge, 7-zip, VLC, etc.) in what I feel is a much more user friendly and intuitive interface.

Has built-in support for VNC for remote control which I don't currently use. I'll be making the switch but wish there were other options.

Rick
  • Branche: Tiefbau

Indispensable inventory managment

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

Our most typical use case for PDQI is determining what software/versions are installed on each machine so we don't need to waste time (or create confusion) in pushing updates to machines that are already current -Watching un-updated computers drop from the dynamic collections gives peace of mind and an easy metric for completion.

The ability to create a huge variety of reports on every element of the hardware and software in our environment (at least that I've come up with a need for so far) is a priceless function on its own, but the ability build both static and dynamic collections that integrate seamlessly with PDQ Deploy makes both programs excel - Using both in tandem is like having cheat codes for hardware and software management.

Sometimes finding the right combination of conditions to build the collections can be a little tricky, but support is ALWAYS there to help get things resolved quickly.

Cesar
  • Branche: Papier & forstwirtschaftliche Erzeugnisse
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great quality of life from a very powerful program

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

I have had a tremendously positive experience. I have more time on my hands to address more complicated tasks and bigger projects now that I don't have to perform repetitive tasks, and I can rest easy when I push a critical windows update because I will know which computers got the update and which ones only need to restart.

We like being able to perform the same repetitive task, deploy configurations and installations, and keep consistency across our computers. We reclaimed so much time with how fast we can now do these tasks! It is straightforward to use, and there are so many ways to perform my tasks that I only need to choose the easiest way that I know to do them. The community and knowledge base articles are a treasure trove whenever I need to do something new that I don't yet know how to do.

I think the only improvement that I would like to see is a way to know that a failure to deploy is something other than the network path was not found. If I deploy a package to multiple computers and some of them fail with an error code and some where network paths can't be found,, I need to look at each failure across multiple failed deployments to make sure that they all did not fail with an error.

Joel
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Must have part of large network

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

I've used it for a large portion of my career. Always been essential.

I've used it for a large portion of my career. Always been essential.

The multitude of deployment options. Built in or downloadable uninstalls for almost everything. Running powershell commands on 2000 pcs couldn't be easier.

Sometimes I wish there was a client option for the occasional DNS issues.

ManageEngine Endpoint Central

We use this too
Luis
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ is a Life Saver

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

When you dont have Enterprise budget, PDQ will provide all of the necessary tools to make like easy for sys admins.

We are able to scan and patch workstations and servers from a single pane.

It would be nice if this application could also have the ability to be used locally through a web browser.

Colin

PDQ Deploy is a Stellar Product

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

I echo my previous comment, i.e. this has been such a time-saver when ensuring we keep our endpoints current, and it makes it a lot easier to manage 100s of endpoints with literally the click of a button.

This has saved us so much effort in maintaining the integrity of our software products on our domain endpoints. In addition to the pre-built library, it has been a godsend to be able to create customized packages and get them deployed quickly. When we were hit with Hafnium on our Exchange server and moved to O365, I created a customized package to remove our previous suite and get out the latest O365 suite to our endpoints with about an hour's work on PDQ Deploy.

Nothing comes to mind, to be perfectly honest.

Thomas
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

PDQ should be the first thing you reach for as a solo Sysadmin!

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Overwhelmingly positive. A huge assistance for me on a day to day basis, I use it to help build new deployments (as we do not have the budget for a costly imaging solution).

PDQ Deploy and Inventory work hand in hand and this alone is a great thing to see. But the uses of PDQ beyond that then is so convenient. In my case, I came across a security vulnerability in Google Chrome. Within a few minutes, PDQ Inventory had scanned all the machines that were online to see the version of Chrome they had. If they didn't have the updated one, PDQ Deploy was able to push out the installer to pull down the latest update. All without anyone noticing. The best way to deal with a problem is to avoid it in the first place and these tools and a massive assist to that mentality.

I don't want to make it out that the software is perfect because no software is, however there are no glaring omissions either. It does what I need it to do. Possibly some sort of analytical digest on a monthly basis would be a great way to keep an eye on things.

Rui

PDQ deploy - Nice to have

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

All the capacities to deploy all kind of software, patchs or other and the way you monitoring these actions

Sometimes it's difficult to synchronizes with pdq inventory

William
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Great software!

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

I have solved every remote install and patching issue using PDQ, Inv/Deploy

I have solved every remote install and patching issue using PDQ, Inv/Deploy

Deployment, configuration, overall ease of use

Nothing, I love every aspect of PDQ Inv/Deploy

James
  • Branche: Tiefbau

PDQ Inventory

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

PDQ has amazing customer service and are always there to help. PDQ inventory provides great insight for us to manage our computers.

My company was already using PDQ Inventory when I started and I'm glad they were. It's a great piece of software that allows us to easily track computers in our domain. It is able to track computer information through registry, WMI, and about anything you can do in Powershell. We are able to run reports and create collections of computers to track the presence or lack of software, updates, reg keys and many other features.

PDQ Inventory has some issues managing computers that are not in a connected domain.