PDQ Deploy

Sortieren nach

André
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

Bewertet am 4.8.2020

When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Ray
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Great Product

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

The one challenge that we were able to overcome was identifying our computers that had versions of Windows 10 that were no longer supported by Microsoft.

We really appreciate the ability to view Windows versioning. It help us identify the outdated computers so we could get them updated. It saved us countless hours.

I can't think of a con. The only con I can identify is, that we have to take time to learn some aspects of the functionality.

Warum PDQ Deploy gewählt wurde

We switched from Desktop Central because of the price.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Colin
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

PDQ Deploy is a Stellar Product

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

I echo my previous comment, i.e. this has been such a time-saver when ensuring we keep our endpoints current, and it makes it a lot easier to manage 100s of endpoints with literally the click of a button.

This has saved us so much effort in maintaining the integrity of our software products on our domain endpoints. In addition to the pre-built library, it has been a godsend to be able to create customized packages and get them deployed quickly. When we were hit with Hafnium on our Exchange server and moved to O365, I created a customized package to remove our previous suite and get out the latest O365 suite to our endpoints with about an hour's work on PDQ Deploy.

Nothing comes to mind, to be perfectly honest.

Phillip

PDQ Deploy anomalies

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

Simplify server management
Saves on me sign in multiple times
Repeat task on remote machines

These features seem inconsistent:
- Say you want to run a number on commands on a number of servers you cannot get a combined report of the output of all the commands. Often this is needed as the report may be input into further tools
- You should be able to set default credentials for each computer you add manually which can be overridden from 'deploy one'
- You should be able to group a group of computers like a tree structure eg. directory structure in Windows or UNIX
- Computers should be able to be a member of more than one group. When you add a known computer to another group it should copy all these properties as default starting point
- In new package, you should have the ability to not have to choose a step type but the commands the user types in most cases tell you what type of step it is

William
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Great software!

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

I have solved every remote install and patching issue using PDQ, Inv/Deploy

Deployment, configuration, overall ease of use

Nothing, I love every aspect of PDQ Inv/Deploy

Bryan

Inexpensive but crazy powerful

Bewertet am 15.6.2022

I absolutely love it, but you have to have PDQ Inventory with it! If you want full IT Godhood, you have to both parts. Thankfully the price means it won't break the budget, heck we buy laptops for more than the yearly cost of both of these.

It is so intuitive that after watching a 30 minute video from youtube (love the channel btw) a brand new user will be able to deploy software and run reports.

I wish that this software would integrate into Smart Deploy, so I can push OS as well as software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy

We went with PDQ because the price was perfect, and the functionality was everything we needed.
Jean
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

What would I do without this bundle (Inventory + Deploy)

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

After 5 years of using this bundle, I still feel I haven't use all of the options offer to me but it's doing what I want so everything is fine.

And if I bug down, theirs supports is EXCELLENT, fast and to the point. Never, have I wait more than a day for a reply (try this with Microsoft).

Inventory: Knowking the state of our computers is a must. Lot of our users needs to deploy to remote places (to put out forest fire), it's imperative that theirs computers are ready to go. Using inventory and Deploy help me meet my goal.

Deploy: having to built new package is times consuming BUT they have good tutorials to help.

Steve
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Great Product! A+++

Bewertet am 21.11.2022

Ease of use and easy to update. CS team is very attentive and helpful.

A bit complicated to create a deployment but the CS team is very helpful.

Marc
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Solid software/patch management tool.

Bewertet am 5.10.2022

There is a decent library of regularly updates software packages for commonly used software. The tool is effective and efficient. Pretty easy to use and customer support is responsive and reliable.

The interface is a little clunky, but it's not bad.

Jay
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

Auto download updated software, deployment to multiple machines and the ability to build your own packages

Package creation can be a bit tedious but I'm new at package building so it may just be my inexperience.

Rick
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

Bewertet am 26.7.2021

There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them.

It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Gabe
  • Branche: Investmentbanking

We Love PDQ, But...

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Overall it has been a wise investment. This last year with WFH has been incredibly difficult though. DNS struggles to identify systems and half the systems are not online. We really need a functioning client for machines outside of our network.

PDQ is lightweight and incredibly efficient. Having the flexibility to deploy packages to dynamic collections is by far our favorite feature.

We have had an incredibly difficult time over the last year with systems outside the network or on a VPN. Removing the inventory client was a big loss for us. We would happily use a client if you had one.

Morton
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use for deploying softwares to thousands of computers. Deploy and walk away.

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

Love it. This software is a God sent. Seriously, i had doubts with it when i first tried it, but when i noticed / realised that I can deploy and MSI or exe software to 100 computers, and it only took 10 min, I was just in awe with it. I said to myself, if i can do this to 100 devices, imagine how easy it would be to install softwares on the 1000 computers and the time spent for installing softwares, i could be doing other things. I'll be devastated and don't know what to do if i stop using this.

Easy to use. Set package for deployment. Test it. If package works, deploy the package manually and walk away, or scheduled the package to have it installed overnight. If deployment fails, it will install once the computer goes online. So many options that can be set and use.

no Cons. Improvements only. Perhaps packages for deploying windows 10 apps can be included. At the moment, I have to figure out how to use Power shell to deploy windows apps. Also, deploying chrome extension, perhaps this can be included in the pdq deploy software package

Technical support is not available in Australia, so when i send and email, i have to wait 24 hours to get a reply, which is a bummer. I wish we had tech support in Australia.

DANIEL
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

PDQ Review

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

Zoho Desk, SolarWinds Service Desk und ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy

PDQ had a more simplistic feel than the more robust solutions. To many complications can cause headaches and PDQ allows you to stay simple or expand as far as you want.
Robert
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

PDQ Deploy is wonderful for Windows networks

Bewertet am 23.5.2022

Overall, I absolutely loved PDQ products when paired in a mostly Windows environment. My needs were simple, and PDQ worked wonderfully. You can test out both PDQ Deploy and Inventory before you buy, and I highly suggest you do so. It is one of the fastest, most lightweight products I've ever used, and I'd recommend it in almost all scenarios where Windows is your main OS.

PDQ Deploy and Inventory are one of the absolute best if you have only Windows based end machines in your network. It is really, really fast, and well laid out. I doubt you'll have to read the manual in most cases.
The resource usage of PDQ products is extremely light and not demanding.

It's really made for mostly Windows based networks, and works best when all machines are on-prem, or connected via VPN in my experience. If you need really complex IF / THEN type deployment or patching on other OSes, you may wish to look at BigFix.

John
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Save yourself time and buy it now

Bewertet am 13.8.2021

PDQ Deploy (and Inventory) are quite literally open on my workstation all day/every day. We're a relatively lean IT department, and automation is critical to our success. I simply don't have to worry about patching several 3rd party applications as well as deploying new software to the environment.

The time savings PDQ Deploy generates makes it invaluable to our organization. If we were to attempt half of what PDQ does on a daily basis, we'd have to double our department size.

While I technically loved the idea of a PDQ agent, I realize it wasn't in the cards. That said, we've pretty much removed the need for an endpoint agent by deploying remote access VPNs.

Piotr
  • Branche: Großhandel

PDQ is amazing.

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

Number of options and flexibility of any PDQ product is amazing. Systems are super easy to deploy and work with. There is no better product on the market, and I've been tested multiple and still use some as addition to PDQ.

There is none, but it will be great if PDQ could work without having clients on VPN in the future. (And I think they are working on it)

NinjaOne und Pulseway

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy

Clear licensing, great price and great and clear communication in pre-purchase stage.
Yannick
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Save time while keeping your IT infrastructure up to date

Bewertet am 19.1.2022

PDQ Deploy need a bit of work to prepare the software packages, but after this first step (which can be demanding in some cases), the deployment and updates are like "click-and-wait".
Since we are using PDQ Deploy, we can finaly keep our IT infrastructure consistent and up to date very easily and with only a few efforts.

Integrated packages for a lot of common applications, highly configurable software packae deployement, reliable, easy to use and well integrated in the Windows professionnal environnement.

PDQ Deploy does not allow you to really track the deployement history and the state of your IT infrastructure. External solutions (e.g. PDQ Inventory) are needed in order to know if a product or product version is already deployed.

Chocolatey

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy

Recommendation of our IT partner, affordable price, wide choice of ready-to-deploy applications and ease of use
Jeroen
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy.
(edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Timothy
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

PDQ Deploy is AMAZING!!!

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Patch management is crucial for our organization. We also have specialized applications which need to be updated semi-frequently. So being able to use Deploy to quick, easily and reliably push changes and updates across our entire organization is critical.

Love the hotkey functions. Ease of use and overall UI is great. Easy to navigate, configure and change the product itself as well as quickly and easily build and deploy packages.

The option for setting "offset" days with scheduled deployments would be nice as we typically schedule our deployments based of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.

Brett

Simple, functional, reliable

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

PDQ Deploy is an excellent value. I've used it at previous jobs and have introduced it in every new job. The amount of time saved is staggering.

The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages. If you can script it, you can deploy it.

I still like the idea of PDQ Link, or similar software. During the pandemic, a lot of our machines were never on our local network, so PDQ Deploy and Inventory had limited use for us. We had no way to deploy software to users unless their machine was back on our network. Even when users are using a VPN to connect to our network remotely, deployments still don't work (probably something on our end).

I am currently looking at other options like FileWave to do off network support and inventory.

Bart
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Deployment with ease.

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

It makes updating so much less time consuming and gives a proper overview about the installation states. Also using the integration with PDQ Inventory keeping software up to date that was installed later on manually on some machines also works. So if you for example installed an Adobe Reader manually that still can be updated by the software once it identified it. Update scheduling works like a charm.

Finally a product that does what it's supposed to do. And it's actually good at what it's doing. It is highly flexible. So if you just want to copy some files that works with this product as well as installations that do checks on dependencies. It has an own repository where already configured application installations exist. It can have schedules, it can deploy to one or more machines. You can group installations. It integrates nicely with PDQ inventory. What else to say than this is just great software for a reasonable price. It does what it is intended for and more.

I think there are no real cons worth mentioning. Just try and buy this software you will not regret.

Scott
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

Bewertet am 2.7.2021

We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates.

Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.

Aaron

Deploys Awesomeness!

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!

Kris
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Love it, but it has issues

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

The company are great. Sadly there are more comprehensive SaaS solution with cloud offerings that at least for us are more suitable - especially with the shift towards a lot more home working.

PDQ is a great interface. It's agentless and sits on a server internally. Using Deploy is easy to do and there are a lot of predefined packages. You can also make your own and use many different deployment methods.

I couldn't use it externally easily. This meant machines out of the office were unmanageable.

PDQ Link became available in Q2/3 2021 but I could get it to work despite support. PDQ then pulled Support for it and was the final nail in the coffin.