PhotoWorks

Graphic designing and image editing sofware

Heather L.
  • Branche: Bau

For small business owners

Bewertet am 1.9.2021

Overall, quick to learn with tutorials and videos. Easy to use beyond learning. I liked the background remover - used the tutorial, and then it was like magic to remove!

I was able to learn quickly how to insert our logo and add it to images via overlay. Important for our remodeling and construction before/after pictures. We like adding our logo, so our photos can be trusted (and owned) as our work. It is important to brand!

I was excited about the "batch" view - but it would not let me save our unique logo file. You can create and save a "signature" template - which must be created (and not imported) within the software.
[I had wanted to add our logo as overlay on a batch of pictures, and am only able to do so on individual images.]

Antwort von AMS Software Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Heather, thank you so much for your review, and for the comment on adding logos! I've forwarded this to the project manager, so we might add the option of importing a custom logo and saving it as a template in future updates.

Gerry P.
  • Branche: Musik

PhotoWorks - my thoughts

Bewertet am 14.5.2021

Very user friendly, easy to learn, great tools and time savers

I got Photoworks very recently and have used it quite a bit, since I had some important face swapping  photo work I needed to do. Photoworks is very user friendly and easy to figure out and the videos are extremely helpful.

I also have had GIMP a long time, which is a very complex graphics program. It's much more difficult to do the work on GIMP. I'm now using both programs together on my pics.

GIMP can pretty much do anything, but it's very difficult to learn and I must say there are certain things on PhotoWorks that are incredible time savers that would take forever on GIMP like the photo touch up tools that can zero in on the face or the complete photo. You can very quickly try about 20 variations until you find the best one.

If you're looking for a program that's easy to learn and also powerful in certain features, PhotoWorks may be the best choice.

Can't save the workspace to continue on another day. No manual, only tutorials

Chris D.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A good solid package that needs further improvement

Bewertet am 2.9.2021

Overall I like PhotoWorks, but I have decided not to use it until the issues summarised above have been resolved.

I need photo editing software for personal use to clean up thousands of old 35mm colour slides that I have digitised. My goal is simply to remove defects from the images, e.g. incorrect exposure, colour balance and blemishes, not to add special effects. I compared PhotoWorks version 10.0 with Adobe Photoshop Elements version 18.0.
Both have easy-to use auto enhancement features that produce similar results. However PhotoWorks offers more granular manual correction of individual image attributes, which enables good results to be obtained from problem images, eg very under- or over-exposed.
The only retouching option I have used is the Healing Brush, which allows blemished due to dust, fibres, mold, etc to be corrected. PhotoWorks performs well at this.
The PhotoWorks team was very responsive when I requested an option to add templates for visible captions on images.

Performance is disappointingly slow when PhotoWorks applies corrections to images - typically with lag times of 1 or more seconds - which makes the removal of a large number of blemishes time-consuming.
One of my must-have requirements is the ability to add visible captions to each photo using a consistent format (font, size, colour, opacity, position on canvas, etc). The PhotoWorks Text Templates option goes some way towards providing this, but does not yet offer consistent caption positioning, nor the ability to alter a caption once the image has been saved. The opacity option also needs improvement.

Samantha O.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Ease for non-professionals

Bewertet am 12.8.2021

I liked the ease of use, I use it a lot to edit the photos in my store and I don't find it very difficult.

So far I've only used the basic functions, and I have nothing to complain about.

Adel A.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and cheap photo editing

Bewertet am 1.9.2021

I use Photoworks to manipulate photos for patients and procedures before projecting them to students. It is simple, with clean interface and does the job with ease.

Very simple interface, does the needed jobs in photo-editing with ease. It has also, plenty of online tutorials.

Raw files need a many manual corrections before becoming usable.

Paolo P.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Very simple to use

Bewertet am 13.5.2021

very easy to use and to learn. The tutorials explain good how to use the software

Is very similar with the features of photoshop, everything is all right

Dave D.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A+++ photo software

Extremely easy learning curve

Ease of use.i find the help extremely easy to use when needed

Nothing.i find nothing this program needs

Charlene O.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Good

Bewertet am 3.9.2021

I liked the features. Being able to crop and edit the pics and changing the background

Not knowing how to use all the buttons, some features does not do anything so I’m not sure if I do something wrong