CentOS Linux Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Nabin
Nabin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Free operating system for reliable web server

Bewertet am 14.8.2021

CentOS Linux is a cost-effective solution for enterprise-level web servers. Very stable and secure too.

CentOS Linux is a free and open-source operating system based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It has been mainly used to host enterprise-grade web applications. It is a stable, secure, and reliable operating system that also offers a graphical user interface for personal computers. Most preferred OS by Webhosting providers.

Red Hat community is supporting CentOS 8 until the end of 2021, while support for CentOS 7 will be until 2024. This has created little uncertainty about its future. Its GUI interface for personal computers is difficult to customize.

Ibrahim

Centos Linux review

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

No need to pay money if you have good knowledge with Centos linux you can use power of community to find a solution for any faced issue

Opensource, community support, hardware support

GUI stability while I access it remotely

• Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Linux, but better

Bewertet am 31.1.2022

I really like this os, have a lot of good builtin things. really good for compiling things to `many linux` packages

A bit old, and not really get updated that often. and the GUI is not really nice in my opinion

Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A stable distribution for your applications and services

Bewertet am 14.7.2022

I have used this Linux distribution for more than 5 years to develop applications as a development environment and as a telephony service server, say PBX, Asterix and more.

It has been very useful and its constant updates have helped it to remain stable and to be one of the best Linux distributions used by developers and computer scientists.

What I like the most about this distribution is that it is easy to configure and put into operation, it is very stable for managing databases and applications

Currently I have no complaints about this distribution but they could improve the performance and distributed workload

Torikul
Torikul
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

CentOS Linux is one of the best free OS system

Bewertet am 22.9.2021

My overall experience was amazing, I have used CentOS Linux couple of years for my project purpose. It was a successful decision for me to pick CentOs because this OS helped me a lot. But currently, I'm not using it anymore.

The main thing is this operating system is totally free and a lot helpful for web application development. I have used this OS for a long time but there was nothing out of my requirements. I got almost every single feature and functionality that I basically want to have an operating system. Its customization, sensitivity, and advanced options are so helpful.

There are no highlighted cons I noticed with this operating system but I think its UI/UX part should be improved.

CentOS Honest Review

Bewertet am 13.11.2022

When I started my career as infrastructure engineer, my almost work is related to Linux, at my early stage it was difficult for me to learn and understand Linux but centOS solves the problem to learn linux. Now I can easily understand Linux and can do my daily tasks more efficiently and perfectly. Also almost every organisation has adapted cloud so it is easy to move from CentOS to Amazon cloud Linux. I would say if you are at your learning phase then CentOS is the best. Also if have small or medium enterprise then there is nothing better than CentOS.

CentOS is an open source operating system, it's easy to use and features are awesome.i like the security feature the most.CentOS graphical user interface is fantastic, nowadays every organisation needs Linux at any point of time, I would say CentOS is best OS for beginners you can easily learn and understand Linux .

CentOS is little bit outdated than other OS like windows and Mac. I would if UI of CentOS can be enhanced and some new features will be added then it will be great.Installing the new packages is not easy in CentOS as compare to other OS.

Pinki
Pinki
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Create your application deployment server with centos

Bewertet am 29.8.2022

Its very good experience to use centos with help of centos we sre able to deploy our application with minimum costs and setup the CI/CD process on centOs.

Very easy to setup and can consume very less resources. We are using sent of to deploy our application on dockers and with help of centos we are able to do this with minimum resources use. We are using centos to deploy our javascript application and also to install Jenkins, sonarqube etc. Tools.

Its user interface is not good. All you need to be good at terminal side means have to remember all commands.

Emiliano Ariel
Emiliano Ariel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CentOS Linux now is a rolling relaase

Bewertet am 10.6.2021

It's one of the most used OS in servers arround the world. The free version of REHL. Great community support. Now some users move to Rocky Linux the fork of this.

This is a great software for most of uses. I use this on several servers. Has a lot of documentation, great comunity support.

This OS change your release type. Will be a rolling release and i don't like it. You need to move to RedHat Enterprise o another distro like Debian or Ubuntu if you need stability in your environment.

Angus
Angus
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

My Favourite Linux Distro Great Security And Great For Web Hosting

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

CentOS has improved my knowledge of Linux greatly and helps me in my day to day business life whether it's for web hosting, or getting a new project set up online.

My favourite thing about CentOS is how great the security is. There is barely ever any exploits for CentOS compared to other operating systems, the firewall is great and new patches are always secure.

The only slight gripe that I have with CentOS is that not all packages which you can get on other distros are available out of the box.

Ian

A Great Alternative to Windows

Bewertet am 19.6.2023

We have had a very reliable experience with CentOS. Applications run well on it and we are able to secure our backups more using that operating system. We have had some difficulty getting users up to speed on how to properly navigate the OS.

Have a Linux based operating system has made it helpful for our engineers to use for certain projects. User interface for CentOS is setup for administrators to access tools efficiently. The applications in CentOS are more secure than our Windows machines.

There are only specific application that are compatible with CentOS. The support for Linux is hard to find that is able to resolve issues at a good price. There are less engineers that are able to use and manage CentOS.

Md Faizur Rahman

My experience of using Cent OS

Bewertet am 8.10.2022

Cent OS Linux is the greatest piece of software in the world. I mean, it's a really really really great operating system.

I really like Cent OS Linux. It meets all my specifications for software and does it without any problems. Was looking for something that wasn't too technical, didn't require a lot of time commitment or expenditure and was compatible with most operating systems and hardware. I found it in Cent OS Linux

It has no bad sides which I have faced. So I love it most and recommended it.

Open source version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Bewertet am 29.7.2021

We use CentOS in mostly three environments: 1) application test environments where we don't need 24/7 support and can afford to do things ourselves; 2) internal IT utilities like firewalls, DNS, backup proxies, management servers where we have multiple servers doing the same job or doing things that only affect IT admins and don't require 24/7 support; 3) embedded in supported vendor turnkey solutions. If we need to run Linux in a production application/database environment, we run Red Hat and pay for support.

It is free. You get the same binaries as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, except for the Red Hat Network portion, and it is usually available a few weeks after a given Red Hat release. It is more secure and stable than Windows. Since it is widely adopted, there are lots of web sites for software and knowledge bases.

It is an unsupported release, although you can buy third-party support. I have not done this. It is less widely adopted and somewhat more difficult to use than Windows, but is not a problem for a skilled Unix administrator.

Victor
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

a fast and robust system

Bewertet am 20.7.2022

we have a Zabbix service running on CentOS 8 and so far it's going perfectly without any problems, it's a very good system

It is one of the most stable and reliable, I have been using it for some time and it is excellent, we have an environment using it with Zabbix and MariaDB, for our monitoring of our equipment, it is excellent, highly recommended

I cannot say that it is something negative, you simply have to have knowledge to use the system, who does not have it, it can be a bit difficult at first

Nishant

CentOS user review

Bewertet am 26.10.2022

Overall, it has been a good experience along with working on ubuntu, fedora, suse for different work purpose

Centos runs only the most stable version of codes and integrates it as well.The CLI works buttery smooth and is superfast

CentOS has a small database and still emerging and developing.So not much updates.. Overall its great.

Ali
Ali

RedHat/IBM killed CentOS

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

CentOS was a great Linux distribution, very stable secure and reliable. now it's all gone after RedHat decided to kill and replace it with CentOS Stream.

CentOS was a great operating system based on RedHat Enterprise Linux source code, it was a down stream of RedHat Enterprise Linux which means any updates or security patches or issues fixed and tested by RedHat Enterprise Linux community end up released in CentOS after a while.
But now After RedHat/IBM decided to kill CentOS, they required it and made it an up stream to RedHat Enterprise Linux, so instead of CentOS taking updates tested in RedHat, RedHat now uses CentOS as for testing.

RedHat/IBM acquired CentOS and killed the project.

Jane Alam
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

CentOS is simply great

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

I have been using CentOS Linux for a few years, and it is hard to imagine that I could ever use anything else. It's so easy to use, and updating it is always a breeze. The security is top of the line and I never worry about my computer with this installed.

I am CentOS Linux user and fan. I have been using it for over two years and I can say that the experience is simply great. I am recommending this.

• Branche: Bibliotheken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CentOS is an excellent Linux OS for servers but its future is now very unsure

Bewertet am 20.11.2021

My overall experience with CentOS is good, it was a very reliable and stable distribution, it was free and yet it contained everything you would get with the paid RHEL version.

CentOS is a very stable and reliable Linux distribution that I have used in various organisations as a server OS. It works well, has good package management and can be quite easily secured. Works well with products like cPanel.

The problem with CentOS now is that its future is unknown. Red Hat has stated it won't be continuing this distribution - which is probably related to the acquisition of Red Hat by Big Blue (IBM). It's a real shame to see such a monument of open-source like CentOS being discontinued. I only hope this is not the first nail in the coffin for open-source as a whole.

• Branche: Architektur & Planung

惜しまれつつもサービス終了

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

とても良い製品でしたが、今後サポート終了が発表されました。完全終了までに代替製品を検討していく予定です。

とても良い製品でしたが、今後サポート終了が発表されました。完全終了までに代替製品を検討していく予定です。

費用対効果の面です。この製品が無償で利用できていたことには驚きしかありません。

特になかった印象です。強いていえば、RedHatが元になっているとはいえ、完全互換ではなかったために微妙に動作不安定になったり、サポート対象外になるようなことがあった程度でしょうか

Ricardo

CentOS Linux, review

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

It is a dominant operating system in servers due to features, price and security, since CentOs is based on Red Hat Enterprise and is supported by its products at no cost.

Security updates are fast and it is a stable and efficient operating system.

I have used it based on asterisk for the administration of telephone exchanges and on Centos to install CCTV software which has been wonderful for me

One of the things I don't like is that to scale you have to add servers, we have limitations for synchronized audio and video and if the server fails everything fails

ZAiN
ZAiN

Rock Solid Linux Distribution used as a Web Server

Bewertet am 22.6.2022

Used as a webserver, no issues experienced.
Minimal configurated in conjunction with servermin

Used as a webserver, no issues experienced.
Minimal configurated in conjunction with servermin

Rock solid
Good community support with tons of tutorials online

Not as much support as the ever popular Ubuntu

Md
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

My one of the favourite OS

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

CentOS Linux is the best server operating system. Our company relies on it. I've been working with it for 2 years and have not found anything better or easier to use. As a Linux beginner, I find that it's easy to use and configure, but still powerful enough for more advanced users. CentOS Linux is really the only Linux distribution that you need to know about!

I just wanted to say that CentOS Linux is the best operating system of all time. The interface is sleek and very user-friendly, and they have done a great job of not adding in any bloatware or superfluous features. The price point is also fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a Windows replacement.

Rosa maria
Rosa maria
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Mi hijo me habla de CentOS como servidores.

Bewertet am 8.12.2022

Excelente, tiene las 3 B (Bueno , Barato y Bonito), usa pocos recursos y funciona de maravilla.

Aparte de ser gratuito se puede personalizar cada servidor. Mi hijo lo utiliza hasta para servidores de prueba en su universidad y no consume muchos recursos de hardware.

No hay nada que no me guste, pero espero que aumenten mas librerias para mejorar nuestra seguridad.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Microsoft Azure
Armando
Armando
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Security, scalability and speed for your networks.

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

In General CentOS it allows me to optimize my hardware resources, deploy through enbedded tools, virtual machines and containers. Segment my services. If you are an advanced Linux user, there are few limits that you will find.

CentOS is my preferred distro for servers. From application services to virtualizations. It is very stable, weekly updates, a well documented CLI easy to use.

I have no problems with CentOS, if something doesn't work, searching the community for the answer is likely to be solved.

Jose J
Jose J
  • Branche: Marktforschung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Strong Linux Operating System for Business Servers

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

It has been a great operating system for our cloud server and containers.

It has been a great operating system for our cloud server and containers.

I like that CentOS doesn't use a lot of memory resources to run fast our server.

I don't like the recent changes and discontinuity of CentOS 7 and 8. It's confusing how to upgrade to CentOS RHEL version without affecting our actual server functions.

Rakib Hasan

My one of the favourite OS

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

CentOs Linux is an excellent OS, perfect for many different users! One of the best features is the stability and reliability. I source my jobs needing a reliable operating system, so it's a clear cut necessity. It's loaded down with helpful tools and packages, so it has everything that most people will need to get their jobs done effectively and efficiently.

I turn to CentOs Linux on a daily basis. It is a quality distribution of the Linux operating system. It is reliable, rock stable and performs 100% as advertised! I trust it with all my computing needs.