Procreate

Simone
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Die eigene Kreativität ist das Limit

Bewertet am 22.11.2023

Die Möglichkeiten sind nahezu grenzenlos. Brushes sind überall für teils kleines Geld zusätzlich erwerbbar oder leicht selbst zu erstellen.

Die Vorteile sind gleichzeitig auch die Nachteile: Man verliert sich leicht in den Möglichkeiten.

• Branche: Einzelhandel

The Magic of Procreate: The Ultimate Digital Art Tool for iPad

Bewertet am 11.2.2023

As a daily user of Procreate, I can attest to its exceptional simplicity and intuitive design. Whether I am sketching rough concepts or fine-tuning final designs, Procreate's intuitive interface and robust features allow me to work quickly and efficiently. Despite its ease of use, Procreate is a remarkably powerful tool. From the ability to use custom brushes to the ability to extract colors from photos, Procreate has everything I need to bring my vision to life. I am constantly amazed by the level of control and precision I have at my fingertips, and I would highly recommend this software to anyone looking to dwell in the digital art world.

While Procreate is an exceptional tool for digital artists, there is room for improvement in the resizing feature. Currently, resizing an image can be a bit cumbersome and lacks the smoothness and precision that I would prefer.

Michelle

Good Drawing App For the Price

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Procreate allows me the autonomy to create graphics for logos and collaterals by hand. These features are available with my adobe products, but I use this on my iPad with a pen and often times, on the go. It's just a simple little tool I can use when I'm not in front of a desktop or computer and I just like being able to pop into it and do my work and be done.

As a designer who tends to need software to draw out certain logos and images by hand (with an iPad and pen), I did like the fact that the software gave a wide range of brushes and even allowed you to create your own brushes. For the price, it has some good exporting features like animated gifs and downloadable replays of the image you were drawing as you were drawing it, which I thought was cool. Layers are easy to use, similar to Photoshop and Illustrator.

I did find that there was a bit of a learning curve with this software. There is a Procreate handbook but since I am familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator I figured I could skip the handbook and go straight to creating. I struggled with just a couple of things so you may need to take the time to reference the handbook, particularly if you're a novice.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Adobe Photoshop und Adobe Illustrator

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procreate

I use Procreate on my iPad in addition to these products.
Spencer
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Procreate - A Great Tool!

Bewertet am 31.10.2021

I’ve loved using procreate. It’s helped me create different ads and flyers.

I’ve loved using procreate. It’s helped me create different ads and flyers.

Procreate has a lot of great tools and features.

Procreate has a pretty big learning curve. It takes a lot to get it down.

Katana
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Amazing program with an easy price point. Gorgeous and Intuitive.

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

I've used it for commission work and teaching projects both, and it's never let me down.

The amount of features, ease of creating new brushes and overall gorgeous UI really make it shine.

Could be a little bit beefier with more filters and manipulation. Would love to see vector features.

Liza
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Going on year 6 with this app!

Bewertet am 29.8.2022

I've been a loyal user of Procreate since 2016, and it was the first design tool that started my journey as a graphic designer. The value for the price is way more than I could expect from a $10 app. I now use this app as part of my design system in my professional work, and sometimes I even create complete projects. This app is great for hobbyists, beginners, and professionals. I've learned that there are no limits to what you can do on Procreate. Many opportunities I have achieved would not have been successful without Procreate. Some things I would mention if you haven't considered are to make sure you have the proper device specs to run the app. Larger projects require an iPad with more memory.

What makes Procreate very valuable to me are the advanced design tools, resources, and price.

There are many tools available that make illustrating and photo editing easy, natural, and enjoyable. What impresses me about the design tools and features is the interface is simple, yet you can customize the tool's properties to a great extent.

Procreate has amassed a large community of designers and illustrators across social media that help others make the most out of the app. Many resources from these platforms have helped me with my workflow and improved my design and technical skills. The resources include free and paid courses, brush sets, design feedback, regular updates, and more!

The price for the app is a one-time $9.99! The fact that this app is a complete design system that costs around the same price as a whole meal at McDonald's is unreal to me. There are no ads, no subscriptions, and no tiered plans.

The few cons I would mention are the inability to render vector graphics (SVGs), the hidden secret shortcuts, the cropping of layers, and having no automatic edit history feature.

I wish you could create vectors in native Procreate. To make vectors from my Procreate designs, I encounter the tedious task of converting them in Illustrator.

I've been using Procreate for many years, yet I'm still unaware of some hidden shortcuts and gestures. I usually stumble on them going through social media. It can be frustrating because these shortcuts cannot be easily found or notified of through the app itself.

It can also be frustrating when you take a layer and move it to the side of the artboard, and the layer gets cut off.

Procreate lacks an interval editing history feature. I now make multiple copies, but sometimes I forget or realize I want to revisit a version I didn't duplicate.

Zhiyao
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Procreate changed the game!

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

It is excellent! I love procreate. It is my daily practice tool.

It is excellent! I love procreate. It is my daily practice tool.

Procreate is super easy and intuitive to use. And the price is very affordable compare with other drawing/imaging editing software.

It is hard for me to make sure I closed a geometry when pour a whole region with color. I hope there will be some tools help figure that out.

Camila
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Procreate is actually my favorite app

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

I love how the quality is! I literally have tried a tons of waiting apps and so far Procreate is the best one. It lets you make motions art, have a lot of tools to paint and pencil, you can change the form of the same pencil you're using, switch to pens, paint brushes... Have a lot of different tones of colors. I just love it to be honest I don't know how to describe it. My hobby is digital drawing and graphic design with illustration and the app I use the most for it its procreate. However Its actually kinda hard to understand at first, I had to looked for tons of tutorials to understand it and I still need to look for tutorials when I want to do something in particular.

Denisse
  • Branche: Forschung

Procreate, the expression tool

Bewertet am 6.4.2022

I really like procreate. I found what once was tedious fun, I have loved how intuitive it is, the colour pallets and the capacity to import my old pallets and brushes. It is extremely useful when it comes to easy details and creating illustrations for presentations. Every day I learn more about it and find applications for all the tools. Now I enjoy working with all my images and creating schemes to communicate my ideas

I enjoy the creative process, it adapts to my hand pressure easily which can be translated into a great drawing process. While editing the work photos I have never had problems manipulating the planes, it is easy to add more information and make focus on what is relevant. While creating a presentation I love how easy is to adjust my image to certain frames. I have a lot of freedom and can play with all the tools. It is easy to import brushes from photoshop and move all my creation processes easily to my tablet

It says is for everyone but it is necessary to learn the basics when it comes to design and drawing in order to understand the full potential of procreating. Once you get used to it, you'll love it

Kevib
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Excellent for drawings

Bewertet am 25.2.2024

I use Procreate to make YouTube Thumbnails, album art, cartoons and more. It’s intuitive and easy to use, with only a mild learning curve.

Procreate is more of a drawing and illustration tool, to me, than it is a Photoshop replacement. If you’re expecting to repair a damaged, old family photo, it may not be suited for that. If you’re creating digital art, Procreate excels! It has tons of brushes, layers, effects and everything else you’d need to make some first rate digital drawings, for a great price. Give it a try!

It is somewhat limited, if you’re working with photographs, such as re-coloring, image masks and etc. There are better apps for those purposes.

Alexandra
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great image and animation tool for beginners

Bewertet am 5.12.2023

I use Procreate as an image editor, photo editor and animation tool. It doesn´t have so much tools as expensive alternatives, but for small artists it is great

Easy to use, many usefull tutorials, helpfull cominity

Limit of the project size: the bigger the canvas size - the less number of layers are available

Luiza
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Procreate Review

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

I love how easily I can find everything that I need. The huge brush, texture library. Easy to export things and the capability that we have to open PS format. I would say that 80% of my illustrations I use to procreate. We all know that photoshop is more complex, but recreate can do the same job just as good.

Everything. The UI is so straightforward. No complications at all when you need to work on a gif, complex animation, illustration, etc. Everything that you need and all the hand action are super easy to find/do.

I don't have a thing that I like the least on procreate. I just wish that procreate was a little bit more advanced on 3d.

Jess
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

One of the best creative apps ive ever used in my entire career

Bewertet am 7.7.2023

My experience with Procreate has been amazing and it's truly changed my career for the better.

The procreate app is extremely user-friendly, very easy to learn, and most importantly intuitive to the way artists actually work

I wish there was a better way to organize files and fonts, but neither of those things has deterred my workflow in any way

Mariagrazia
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The best non vector software for illustrations

Bewertet am 29.10.2022

I create my products or part of my products using procreate and the best part tvthat it is very easy to use and it is very cheap.

It is extremely easy to use and you can achieve a very high level of outcome from it.

I would add a vector brushes library as well

Silvia
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Good software for creative people

Bewertet am 26.11.2022

I think it's a great software for artists. Easy to learn and quite intuitive. I would recommend it.

It has a really wide range of creative features and a lot of customizable tools. Plus it's easy to create new brushes and to edit the default ones.

I wish they give you the option to use vectors as well. Also it would be great if you could play a bit more with the text layers.

Kayla
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Easy to use, endless possibilities

Bewertet am 27.6.2021

Overall, I am highly satisfied with my purchase of procreate. The more I use the software, the more I have enjoyed it. I have learned so much and grown as an artist with procreate.

Procreate is very easy to use and has endless possibilities to explore. Everything is extremely customizable and makes designing easier than I’ve ever experienced before.

There is a bit of a learning curve to all of the features on procreate so it may take a little while to understand all the features it has to offer.

Aditya
  • Branche: Automotive

Create with Procreat!

Bewertet am 26.12.2022

Overall, the experience is very positive and I use it quite a lot for creative work. Being able to work with animation and gifs makes it even more fun to use.

The software comes with great user friendly features making things easy for user. The options for brush and other tools is great. Gesture based features are also fun to use. Animation and gif features are great.

The number of layers the user can create is limited. Makes a bit tricky to use when working with multiple layers.

Janice
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best drawing software for iPad

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

It's relatively easy to use if you're already familiar with traditional design software. Versatile, and has the best brush algorithms of any iPad software.

I think it has room to grow and become more complex. Some of the tools feel a little clumsy.

Brian
Brian
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing that such a great program could cost so little.

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

I use this program daily for both work and personal use. For work I can make quick and beautiful landscape plans, for personal I can just doodle. It has all of the features I need for a drawing program, but it also offers an amazing array of import options. You can easily create your own brushes, so repeating tree shapes for example is quick and easy.

First is that this program has become a major design program, so extra features, brushes, and tutorials are everywhere. Second is the amazing price. Third is just how easy it is to use once you know where everything is.

Nothing, we have had no issues with this program

Damla
Damla
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Provides the most satisfying experience overall

Bewertet am 12.6.2022

very satisfying. Most drawing apps seem like complex mathematical equations after using this app.

Ease of use, simple and easy to remember hand gesture shortcuts makes it memorable, it also allows you to personalize your setup by allowing you to buy brushes and tools and modify them if you want.

Updates do not work with earlier versions of Ipad Pro, which is a shame because tablet works as fine as the first day.

Vincent
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best for graphic designers

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

I like that it is very easy to use overall. Using it on my iPad.

I love it and dont have anything negative to say about it.

Nancy
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Procreate - the go to software for iPad artists

Bewertet am 10.1.2022

Procreate has been a huge plus for my business and I use it several times a week to create artwork for clients.I enjoy playing around in it on my own time as well!

Using Procreate on an iPad with an i pencil is the closest I have gotten to feeling like I am working in a sketch pad. The range of brushes and features is excellent and I like that there is such a large market of add-ons (brushes, color palettes etc.) available as well! Exporting artwork is a piece of cake!

There is a lot to his program, therefore a lot to learn. The learning curve was a little steep for me and I am still learning the ins and outs of how it functions.

Leona
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Love

Bewertet am 23.1.2022

I love using procreate for creating digital art, stickers, and other items.

I love using procreate for creating digital art, stickers, and other items.

With procreate, you can drop and drag colors from the palette to your workspace.

I am unable to think of anything I don't like about this software.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Robust Features at an Amazing Price

Bewertet am 13.7.2022

I've been using procreate for a month and love the features. The price is minimal compared to its value, and I'm able to export PNGs with transparent backgrounds. I'm looking forward to experimenting with brush sets next!

Procreate allows me to work in layers, which I'm used to thanks to Adobe Photoshop and other pro-level software programs.

There seems to be some bugginess when using the app on the iPad with the Apple Pencil. The tools will often change from draw to erase and vice versa. It's a small irritation compared to working in the app though.

Jeremy
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Pros of Procreate

Bewertet am 14.6.2023

I found it very easy to use, and it only gets better with time as you are able to learn and take advantage of all that it has to offer.

It is intuitive and isn’t overly complicated. It has great value and is great for beginners and experienced artists.

The text feature could use a wider variety of fonts.