Affinity Photo

Sortieren nach

Gregor

Die wohl beste Alternative zu Photoshop

Bewertet am 7.2.2022

Ich arbeite viel und gerne mit Affiinity Photo, der Wechsel weg von Adobe war für mich eine gute Entscheidung.

Dieses Programm hat bei mir Photoshop ersetzt, denn es bietet nahezu identische Funktionen, kommt aber ohne das lästige Abo aus.

Wie bei jedem Programm muss man sich am Anfang ein wenig einarbeiten. Dann funktioniert alles bestens, nur mit manchen alten PSD-Dateien hat das Programm Probleme.

Jeremy
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Gotta Get Them All, Part Two

Bewertet am 30.9.2021

I’ve already said plenty in my review for Affinity Designer that I’d repeat here, and to clarify, I have many good things to say. But to expand on my glowification of this software and this brand, I love having access to a competent photo design tool that gives me unlimited use of layers, effects, fancy brushes, useful warping tools, filters, filters, and more filters, connections to free stock photo sites (even if they did end integration with Unsplash to save on costs), and even smart images for mock-up designs, all without having to pay for it twice, three times, four times, or whatever the going price is for other premium design tools made by companies that start with the letter A. I’m a writer, not a graphic designer. But with as much as I use Affinity Photo these days, I’m starting to wonder if that statement is still true. Love this app, love this brand, and I happily support any product they make, including and especially Affinity Photo.

To echo what I wrote in the pros section of my review for Affinity Designer, the main reason I bought this was for its integration with Affinity Publisher. I’m a writer, and I develop my own books, and I wanted a tool that could help me make them without a costly subscription. In my search for an alternative to Adobe InDesign, I found Affinity Publisher, and that search also led me to its two siblings, Photo and Designer. Having the ability to use Photo’s tools within an app for designing publishing interiors seemed like a no-brainer for me. But that only mattered if I’d actually bought Photo. So I did. And now I use it more than any other tool in my development library. It’s so easy to use, yet has so many tutorials available that even those who find it difficult at first can figure it out soon enough. It has also effectively replaced Corel’s PaintShop Pro as my go-to for inexpensive photo compositing. It’s become the primary reason my book covers look any good now. And the website I’ve been working on since November of last year: all page images come from composites made with Affinity Photo, and my site couldn’t look any better. Affinity Photo makes me look good, and I have no hair. If that’s not enough reason to get it, then the low one-time cost should seal the deal.

Again, to reiterate my cons from Affinity Designer (and this is fair because they both use the same architecture and share many of the same interface tools), I’m not experienced enough with even higher-end products (like Adobe Photoshop, for example) to make claims about the features they offer that Affinity Photo doesn’t. That said, I do know what I want Photo to do that it can’t do, and what I want it to do is to import Photoshop “actions,” which I think are just macros, so that I can buy the good ones off Design Cuts or some other online design resource and use them in my photos. In other words, I want it to do what Adobe Photoshop can do, but so far it can only do about 80%. That’s plenty, but it’s not everything. I want everything. I also want a pizza. We can’t have everything. (But I can have a pizza.)

Sascha

I love Affinity Photo as a Photoshop alternative

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

For image editing, I just don't find myself needing Photoshop any longer. As a user who uses many different apps infrequently, I was able to drop an expensive photoshop subscription and it's lock-in contract. I highly recommend Affinity Photo to anyone who needs a professional level image editor and wants to avoid Adobe's subscription based licensing.

Affinity photo is an affordable photoshop alternative with much of the same feature set. Although given the choice between both I would still pick Photoshop, Affinity photo is much easier on the wallet for a freelance artist, and can do most of the same work.

Affinity Photo also aims to make migration from photoshop easy, using a similar interface and workflow.

There are some features of photoshop that are missing from Affinity Photo. Overall, it's not as good for painting, and the UI and Shortcuts aren't always a 1:1 comparison. Sometimes I find a common feature in PS is missing from AP, or have trouble finding a particular feature.

Dan
  • Branche: Automotive

Cheap and effective solution to editing RAW and PSD files

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

Had a great experience with Affinity I still use it from time to time for my marketing graphics for my car dealership. Definitely one of my favorite tools in my toolbox.

As stated in the title it is a cheap and effective way to edit RAW and PSD files on the go without paying for adobes monthly subscription fees. I like how it is customizable toolbars and you can setup shortcuts to hop to features you need to us. It runs very smooth on my desktop and laptop with mid-grade specs.

I feel some of the features are a bit outdated compared to photoshop, it takes a bit longer to do the same thing I could do in gimp/adobe.

Mike
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent value for photo retouching

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

The package gives great value for money with multi-layer editing, masking and all the features you would expect in a photo editing/retouching package.

Ease of use and ability to import Photoshop plugins.

Minor things like AI background removal not being available

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Warum Affinity Photo gewählt wurde

The licensing model for Affinity makes more sense for us and is not subscription based. It is also great value for money when compared to Creative Cloud.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

Ease of use and very easy to make the switch from Photoshop with the keyboard muscle memory
Pinar

A Capable, Cheap, And Easy-To-Use Alternative To Photoshop

Bewertet am 11.11.2022

I use Affinity Photo for basic image editing purposes but I still have to switch back to Photoshop when I need more advanced features. I'm hoping that Affinity will get better with each update because I like the ease of use compared to Photoshop.

I like experimenting with the procedural texture filter in Affinity Photo. With this filter, you can come up with pretty interesting results. I also like the fact that you can do most basic image editing work without the need for Photoshop.

Affinity Photo is totally sufficient for basic image editing but I wish it had AI-backed masking options like Photoshop too. I also need Photoshop for making textures still. I wish they were mostly doable in Affinity Photo, too.

Christopher
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A great program that you can buy rather than subscribe to.

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

The program has everything I need. I may not use it all the time, but when I do, it has never let me down.

That you could actually purchase the program rather than subscribe to use it. And it still gets it's updates after a few years of using it.

Some minor learning curves due to being used to other programs, but once learned, I can't complain.

• Branche: Druck
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A much cheaper alternative to Photoshop

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

I like how Affinity Photo is not subscription-based like the Adobe Apps. It's simply just a one-time payment for each of their programs

It's missing some tools that Adobe Photoshop has, along with some intelligent features such as automatic background removal, however, I can do this manually, it just takes a little bit longer.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

It's much cheaper as there is not a subscription required.
Anselme

Photo review

Bewertet am 13.11.2022

The affinity designer software is very easy to use and allows you to create images and more on a touch screen

No drawbacks noticed on this software, everything pleases me, I recommend

Hermann
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Affinity photo review

Bewertet am 27.10.2022

Affinity Photo is an easy-to-use photo editing software. Use on iPad but really very useful and saves time

No problem with this software apart from the updates which are less frequent

Thomas
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I absolutely love Affinity Photo

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

I use Affinity for virtually all of my personal projects. It's a staple of my workflow and I love using it. I'd recommend it to basically anybody who needs to edit photos.

I stumbled onto Affinity years ago when I was too poor to afford a subscription to photoshop and wasn't adept enough to use GIMP proficiently. A few hours of messing around and a couple video tutorials later and I was using it pretty comfortably. It's followed me through several job and career changes and I'll be using it for years to come I'm sure.

There's REALLY not much to dislike. If I had to pick something it's that I don't think I can download a version for PC if I've paid on Mac. Small complaint but if I could use Affinity on my work computer I would be.

Jeremy

Stunning Value for Money

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Affinity Photo is a breeze to learn and use. I've been long-frustrated with Adobe's pricey subscription model and bloated Creative Cloud software that runs in the background. Affinity Photo released me from this yolk; it launches quickly, and I got it on sale with Affinity Designer (vector editor) for only $79 CANADIAN. Wow.

Affinity Photo gives Adobe Photoshop a real run for its money. It can do everything that PS can do, and the interface is almost identical, so longtime users won't find it difficult to switch. And there's no expensive subscription. A perpetual license costs the same as 1-2 months of Adobe CC!

There are some crucial keyboard/mouse differences that will cause confusion for most Adobe users, and the default text is just too small on Retina monitors.

Pixelmator Pro

Warum Affinity Photo gewählt wurde

Adobe is expensive and bloated. Affinity Photo is quick and light.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

I found Pixelmator slightly more confusing.
Aleksandar
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Top class image editing tool for professional and home users

Bewertet am 26.3.2022

Affinity photo is powerful professional image editing software. Editing is very fast. It work on Windows and Mac platform, but it work on iPad too, which is excellent possibility. Every filter, effect, tool has numerous options for adjusting. There is no idea which you cannot complete with this extraordinary image editing tool. With integrated color profiles, RGB and CMYK, you can easily deliver your photos for online, to photograph shop or to press.

Speed and integration with Affinity Publisher - DTP tool, and Affinity Designer - vector illustration tool. Affinity Photo use non-destructive image editing and it is capable to work with RAW image format. This tool is everything you need for RGB and CMYK image manipulation.

Affinity Photo has no image organizing tools, so you cannot organize and manage your image collection. It may be problem for photographers with large image library. Preview and image selection from disk or cloud storage may be time consuming task.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Adobe Photoshop und GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Warum Affinity Photo gewählt wurde

I have no need for every Photoshop tools. And a price of Adobe suite is too high compared to Affinity suite price, and both do the same job with the same professional quality.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

Speed, price and veratility of tools, Adobe Photo has the best mix of all.
Abraham
  • Branche: Metallabbau

Best Alternative for Adobe Photoshop

Bewertet am 2.11.2021

I am very happy and satisfied with Affinity Photo. I will recommend it to everyone I know who needs and uses photo editing software. The price is so cheap and the product is so great!

What I like the most about Affinity Photo is the price. It is so cheap and works perfectly for my photo editing needs. I am a graphic designer and also a photographer. The first-ever software I used was Adobe Photoshop but as time goes by I feel like I'm paying too much for the software. I looked for an alternative then here comes Affinity Photo. I bought it without hesitation and fell in love instantly! The price is hard to beat and works really well like Photoshop. That's when I decided to ditch Photoshop and learn how to use Affinity Photo.

It's really easy to use if you are already familiar with Photoshop. Everything is pretty much the same. You just need to watch a few tutorial videos then you will be confident enough to play with the tools available.

It's also not resource-hungry. It loads very fast on my mid-end laptop. I also like that they have a mobile app where you can use a stylus pen to brush or paint, but I am more used to using the mouse so I just use it on mobile for fun.

All future updates are also free so you don't have to be worried about getting left behind. Even if they release a new separate version, I will still support and purchase this gem. It can open PSD files so you can import (and also export) your Photoshop files. It was a no-brainer switch for me.

I wish it supports smart objects. I think this is the only thing missing from this app. I'm not sure about the other features but this is what I noticed when I needed it. I search through the internet and it was indeed not supported. Other than that, everything is excellent!

Goran
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

My favorite software

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

I switched to Affinity Photo at the beginning of the 2020 when they offered a three month trial. After the trial I happily bought Photo (and Publisher and Designer even though I didn't really need them at the time) because I learned to love it more than I ever loved Adobe Photoshop that I switched from. Affinity Photo is the single best photo editing program and I will recommend it to everyone I come in touch with. Switch to Affinity and save hundreds of dollars a year!

My favorite part of Affinity software is that it is as capable as Photoshop but does not feel cheap like some other alternatives. It feels very well through through and the menus are all in the right places. The UI is comparable to Photoshop and it is very easy to make the switch. They even support .psd files in case you want to switch your current project over.

I use it to make graphics for the videos I make, and to touch up photos I take. In both aspects, Affinity is a champion.

Affinity Photo is the reason I don't bleed money on overly expensive programs that I only use a tiny portion of. It is inexpensive, reliable, and has all the features I ever needed!

I would really want more customization options for key bindings. My drawing tablet does not support the current hotkeys well, but that's not only on Affinity but on the tablet manufacturer as well.

Krita

Warum Affinity Photo gewählt wurde

Adobe Photoshop is an incredibly expensive solution. They have their software bundled and offer it only on subscription model. Affinity is not only cheap but is a one-time payment only.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

Krita seemed to be geared more towards digital drawing and I needed a solid photo manipulation app.
Johnny

Affinity Photo

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

I use almost image work with Affinity Photo. This wonderful application can co work with Affinity Designer for every design work process like Pixel to Vector. Even need to fix and feature, Perpetual License and Low product price is Big merit. Most of all, the result of this products are good for serious project.

1 : No Subscription Policy. It's perfect perpetual license and price is low.
2 : Fast navigate and can handling big project. I have done one massive composition file over 10 Giga and it works.
3 : external plug-in compatible. i use neat image photoshop plug-in with affinty photo without any problem.
4 : Panorama and stack (include astrophotography) feature is excellent.
5 : Refine feature. This process made me spend less effort and time to make mask from fuzzy object.

1 : User can't change scratch disk. if you face "disk full error" you can't proceed until empty you system disk. Let user change or add external disk as scratch disk option need.
2 : Selecting layer from working screen is very frustrating. It means can't select wanted layer among overlapped layers with right click list checking. User must find in layer palette. this is horrible when many layer project.
3 : Little bit training need to using mask workflow. newbie user confusing when work with mask layer. also, I hope to let user enable transform separately with mask.
4 : No Batch RAW processing.
5 : No response to user's question.

Rogelio
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A photo editor worth the try... because you'll stay

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

I came from Photoshop to Affinity and loved it. I use this everyday to give my clients great products like online ads, photo retouches, photo editing, compositions... wow... all
And the digital drawing is such a big feature for me that I can create smooth lines at ease.

The price. It's inexpensive compared to Photoshop. But not only that, it's set of tools are top-level and give you all the fluidity and smoothness when working with photos that you won't miss Photoshop. And not only for photos but for graphic design as well, it lets you create Instagram ads or a cover for a document.
I also use Affinity Photo for sketching and drawing, I bought a set of tools and I've been using this for hand drawings for a book, great results.

Affinity is slowly getting it's hype. So, while we get there, you'll find that there are brushes and plugins for Photoshop all over the internet but not for Affinity Photo. So... we need to wait a bit.

Gaia
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best value for money for professional photo editing

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

There are many pros to using Affinity Photo. First and foremost, it is a high-quality photo editor with a ton of features. It also has an easy-to-use interface that makes creating and editing photos a breeze. Finally, its price point is very reasonable given the number of features it offers.

It is almost comparable with Photoshop and a super reliable alternative. It's a great asset for every social media manager, content creator, and designer.

I'm still used to photoshop, but I can achieve almost the same results with Affinity Products.

There are some cons to using Affinity Photo. One downside is that it can be a bit more difficult to learn than other photo editors, so if you're not an experienced user, you may take longer to master its features.

However its still simpler than Photoshop, which is madness compared to Affinity Photo.

• Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Professional Quality, Budget Friendly Alternative to Photoshop

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

I can edit photos, create and manipulate graphic designs, as well as create SVG files for custom cut files.

As a long time Photoshop user I was looking for a replacement which would offer me a product with comparable features. Affinity exceeded my expectations and is offered at an amazing price point. Instead of paying a monthly fee I was able to purchase a lifetime license for all the functionality I needed plus some!

I wish there was a more active support after purchase. While there are videos on youtube, I ended up purchasing the Affinity Photo Workbook (hardcover) to use as a reference. Well worth it and still substantially less expensive than Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop Elements und Adobe Photoshop

Warum Affinity Photo gewählt wurde

I had an old version of Photoshop and was going to have to switch to the monthly subscription. I didn't want to get stuck with a monthly expense so I began looking for an alternative. Affinity came highly recommended by a colleague.

Adobe Photoshop Elements

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Affinity Photo

All the features I needed for a one time price rather than an unending monthly expense.
Mike

Affinity Photo: The Best Photo Editing Software You'll Ever Use

Bewertet am 27.7.2022

I really enjoyed using Affinity Photo. The interface was easy to learn and the features were very versatile. I was able to easily improve the quality of my photos and add personal touches with ease. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking for an easy-to-use photo editor.

Affinity Photo is a powerful photo editing software that has everything you need to get the most out of your photos. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, you'll love the easy-to-use interface and the wide range of features. And the low price, you just buy it once!

While I really like the wide range of features and easy-to-use interface, I didn't like that there wasn't a built-in way to create photo collages. It would be great if there was an easier way to combine several photos into one cohesive image. But with some easy tutorials you can make these really fast!

Deborah
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

BEST PRICE, Quality and Ease of Use!

Bewertet am 9.11.2021

I bought this because I was working on a project that needed CMYK and it was taking a few months. The monthly cost of Adobe was annoying. Some months I wasn't even opening the program. Additionally, when I did open it I would need to wait (and wait and wait) for updates.

When I purchased Affinity it was a one-time cost and I still get the updates (which have been less frequent).

Additionally, I had a hard time learning Adobe. I've used GIMP for about 15 years and the only reason I needed Adobe was for the CMYK exported files. Adobe was complicated for me to learn even with a lot of instructions and tutorials over a few months. I was able to quickly learn how to use Affinity the tutorials are succinct and the software is brilliant!

Price: A One-Time Price (instead of a monthly subscription).
CYMK: This is a required color mode for most professional printing. The settings are simple and the output is gorgeous!
Ease of use: Much easier than Adobe to learn and to use.
Multiple app options (I am using windows desktop) and multiple languages!

Three Platforms: The primary CON is there are three software programs (Photo, Publisher, and Designer) from this company that are each sold and used separately. The good thing is, now we can toggle between them, seemingly on the fly making it easier to use different features on the same artwork. But, they are still stand-alone when it comes to updates, so each program will need to be updated individually, be sure to update each one when they have updates to download and install.

Barbara
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Affinity Photo offers a complete toolset with a fair pricing model

Bewertet am 8.6.2021

I use Affinity Photo to edit rendered images generated on 3D modeling programs and to draw images later to be used on animations. I add lighting to scenes, work on composition, edit bright, contrast, blur, add some effects, use brushes and fonts to create original designs and art to social media. It offers a wide usage possibility with professional tools.

Affinity Photo offers a complete and professional toolset on photo editing and has competitive pricing that makes it the best choice when it comes to benefit-cost analysis. The software is available to all platforms and devices, including Windows Store (even though it was first made to Mac platforms.). After a single purchase, you own the software and can use it until it is discontinued by Affinity, which is a fair model of pricing to users that's not done by major competitors. Instead, other companies charge users monthly to get a license to use their product, which makes their product far more expansive than Affinity Photo. The choice of charging only once for their product is a very good reason people are migrating to Affinity, especially new users and students who can't afford a never-ending monthly payment.

Getting used to Affinity Photo's interface was a confusing process, it could be more intuitively friendly to beginners and users who changed from another product. Maybe adding a tutorial or some sort of guide would help with that problem.

Achille
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Beautiful and powerful

Bewertet am 28.5.2022

We tried the app as soon as it was presented and shortly after we decided that, despite some missing features of the first versions, it would become our image editing software.
After years we do not regret the choice: the workflow runs fast and there are no limits.
The app is constantly developing also on the reports of us users.
No limits, very fast.

UI and UX are the best, not for nothing the software has earned some design awards.
Resources consumption is very good, so making changes and editing will be faster.

In my option, the very lost feature is a fully compatibility with Adobe PS smart objects: we can use embedded files as a an alternative.

Shawn
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Does 95% of what Photoshop can do, but for 95% less money. It's a no brainer.

Bewertet am 12.7.2022

I use it for personal photo editing, for web design, and some light logo design. I think the product is marvelous, and they just keep making it better.

This software does everything the average photo editing user could ever need, and almost anything a professional could need as well. It's easy to learn, easy to use, and it doesn't have any recurring fees. This is an absolute must have purchase.

Nothing. Honestly, I don't have a single con I can think of. I own this on PC and iPad Pro and I can't think of a single con.

Matthew
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Affinity is a legitimate Photoshop competitor at a fraction of the price and no ongoing costs.

Bewertet am 28.7.2021

Affinity Photo is a competent alternative to Adobe Photoshop, and one that does so with a cheap initial purchase price and no ongoing subscription costs. I have found that everything I have needed to do in Photoshop can be done in Affinity, however sometimes the workflow is slightly different so taking a short training course it's definitely worth it.

Affinity seems a lot faster and less buggy than Photoshop in a lot of areas. There are also some places in which Affinity Photo is better than Photoshop. For example, Affinity gives a preview of the effect the tool selected will do to the image so you can get it perfect before committing to any modifications. Additionally, having separate personas that you choose depending on what you wish to do to the image helps cut down on clutter and allows you to focus better.

I haven't experienced any issues with the software, with the only negative being that if you are accustomed to another piece of software it can take some time to adjust. It can be difficult to find tutorials, and unless you are willing to pay money for a course there is a lot of trial and error.