Monograph

Dan
Dan

Changed the game

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

The software has given us a great tool to communicate where our projects are both internally as well as externally with our clients.

Nothing really stands out about "liking least", I'm just happy to be able to give feedback about features and then see the Monograph team deploy those requests.

Adam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Huge improvement from previous time tracking and project management software.

Bewertet am 10.2.2022

Much better way to log time and track project profitability. Requires some in depth front end set up to make truly useful, but the output is a big improvement from how we were previously tracking projects, and the user interface is a joy to work within.

Love the ability to track project profitability and budget time.

Since it's a developing software, there are still some reporting, formatting, and 3rd party integrations we'd love to see (such as utilization rates as a percentage, individual hours spent on billable projects by user, customizable invoicing, and QuickBooks enterprise edition).

Warum Monograph gewählt wurde

While Harvest let us customize out invoices, the time tracking functionality was incredibly cumbersome, and the added reporting and management features through Monograph were a huge boon.

Harvest

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

Relative simplicity and specific features.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added more customizations to Invoices and launched Stripe Payments. You can find more information in our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com or by visiting our Changelog at monograph.canny.io/changelog. We've added your other suggestions to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Laura

Promising

Bewertet am 14.2.2022

It's good!

It's good!

I like the graphs that show how I have distributed my time between different projects.

It seems like it is hard for the administrator to assign the projects and update the deadlines.
I do not have an issue with it on my end.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base page at support.monograph.com and our YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/c/Monograph. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Teddy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy interface, good support, reporting needs work.

Bewertet am 12.3.2024

I am satisfied with Monograph, our team has adopted it well within a couple of months. In general terms it does what it should. However I do think data insights and reporting could be improved a lot, and a mobile app would be great to have.

Monograph is very user friendly, easy to implement and navigate. The Gantt view of projects is pretty useful.

Given Monograph has so much information about our firms operation, I think reporting is very basic. Many insights could be obtained that would make the tool a lot more valuable!
There is no mobile app for time tracking yet.

BQE CORE Suite und BigTime

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

It has the option for a monthly subscription as opposed to having to commit long term.
Morgan

Outstanding Software and Company

Bewertet am 1.7.2021

I love how comprehensive Monograph is. You don't have to spend a ton of time "finding" features; it is mainly common sense! The gantt charts are easy to understand at a glance, and for normal employees the software makes it very simple to keep track of your time and expenses. Highly recommend this software.

We do wish we could customize our invoices a bit more. As an architecture firm, we are laser-focused on all material that goes out from our firm - including invoices. These are a little basic in terms of aesthetic, but I know Monograph is working on implementing more capabilities regarding this. Not a big complaint at all!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

Monograph is truly beautiful to work with in so many aspects. Firstly, the zoom call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was so relaxed and informative. He walked us through the software and assisted with any questions we had. Monograph's personal touch of 1. the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] giving you the run-down of the software (unheard of) 2. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] allowing all participants to actually speak on the Zoom call (competitors only allow you to type your questions!). Next, the sales department is so helpful and not pushy whatsoever. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a huge help for me in understanding different components and capabilities that Monograph can offer our firm (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!). I can't wait to dive deeper into this software; it is going to save our company so much time and headache! Thanks Monograph team for everything - keep doing things this way!

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added more customizations to Invoices and also launched Stripe Payments.

EunHea

It's ok for basic uses

Bewertet am 16.4.2021

I am not solving any business problems through Monograph. I just use it daily to track time, create invoices, maybe track projects.

I can track my time per project and create invoices from it which is my primary use. The format of the software is simple and easy to read and mostly navigate.

You cannot customize the invoice - the default invoice format is also quite large; I'm surprised that this was designed by architects and not customizable. It doesn't quite make sense about how to track budgets and time in the project setup so I have not used it as much. It's not as flexible either if your project is very flexible and not as rigid (hourly, open ended, etc). Customer service is kind of hit or miss; it takes a few days for a response and then at one point, I had to schedule a zoom call appt just to answer a question that could have taken a few minutes to properly answer (they could not clearly answer my question in a chatbox).
They say they are a project management software company and not an accounting company which I understand, but time is always tied to money in an architectural software tracking projects. So the fact that I cannot really look back and report on invoice tracking (YTD, MTD, etc.) and estimates and whatnot, seems counterproductive to me. I was told to use another software program to do all my accounting. I was initially looking for a one stop shop to provide all my needs as a working designer/architect. The other programs I've looked into also fall short so it is what it is.

BQE CORE Suite und ClickTime

Warum Monograph gewählt wurde

Was not customizable and there continued to be bug issues that BT could not fix. It just did not seem like the program for me and it was more about it being tied to Quickbooks.

BQE CORE Suite und ClickTime

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

Pricing vs. what I actually needed and was going to use it for. I looked into about 10+ different software programs.
Kendle
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Hopeful for more features

Bewertet am 15.4.2021

1. Strongest features are the Gantt type graph with small bar showing progress on value earned. Second, the roles that can be assigned independently.

2. The first month I used the software, I loved it. However, as the months go on, I have found that it doesn’t easily recap and present information as I hoped. Some of the tools and filters give decent overviews, but not specific enough information for a manager/proprietor.
3. Need to have clients that can assign project below and add filters in reports, widgets, project view, etc. of items by client.
4. Adjust dates by pulling graphical bars w/o having to open project “edit” mode, also gives ability to see other projects’ schedules when adjusting. I do like the new update with it defaulting to the planner instead of the general information. But you should be able to adjust schedules in context - that is the advantage of the project view in your design. Leverage it further.
5. Values shown exceed fixed amounts, should show effective hourly rate instead of “value earned” as hourly add-up of time. Or an option that payroll will exceed budget with the value earned calculation you are using. Problem is, even the “fixed” budgets add up this way in the dashboard which does not accurately portray for flat fee projects. Could have more options in this manner for employee pay as well. Some projects are flat fees for freelancers you hire, etc.
6. When invoicing, adding hours to the invoice does not provide any options for knowing what is previously billed. You must manually look back at each invoice to determine what is new billable hours. Extra steps are more time consu

Warum Monograph gewählt wurde

Wanted greater overview of project timelines.

FreshBooks und Harvest

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

Easier to work with than BQE software.
Xavier F
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A powerful ally in your companies arsenal

Bewertet am 15.3.2022

Overall, Monograph is powerful partner that we are happy to use on a daily basis

Creates an overall simplified and centralized means of tracking, recording, and achieving project(s) and company needs.

There are several tools and features of which could be tuned for easier more intuitive use by all. For example, the time tracker. It is often abandoned because of this, yet, holds great potential to not only do its' surface value job, but, as well keep employees more consistent with their hours of work and how that is being applied to projects or internal office activities. This would additionally alleviate stress and anxiety (for all admin and employees) related to submitting timesheets when they are due and accurately.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We've added this to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Kimber

Great Bang for your Buck

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

So far so good. We have had a few issues when setting up the system but the customer service was really good.

Monograph is much more user friendly than our last system.

Porting over all the projects into the system.

Gill
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Overview of projects and costs

Bewertet am 9.4.2024

To get a visual overview on projects, easy to recover costs and revenues.

I would love a visual projectview per person. To easily see if a co-worker has to much or not enough on his plate.
I think invoicing has not enough flexibility.

Julia

Perfect for Architecture Phasing & Project Management

Bewertet am 16.4.2021

It's much easier for me to keep track of project phasing and time spent towards various projects, clients and/or architectural phases. As a young aspiring professional, it's been a relief to have found such a user-friendly and organizationally-thorough project and work management software to help me navigate and organize my architectural career.

Integrating Monograph with our existing business processes was quite easy, and we soon found that the Monograph interface offered every aspect of project organization and management that we could think of. I'm currently collecting my AXP hours with the intention of becoming licensed, and this system has also made it very easy for me to refer to past timesheets and easily determine which AXP categories have been satisfied by various hours and requirements. Also, the team at monograph was always helpful and quick to respond, even on matters that weren't urgent.

The only thing that is missing from this software is a corresponding phone app, ideally with just as navigable an interface as the website layout. Hopefully over time and with enough support, Monograph will be able to develop this in the upcoming future.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! While we do not currently have a mobile app, you can visit our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com for information on how to add our mobile site as a Home Screen Shortcut, so that you can easily track your timesheet on the go.

Arthur
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 3.9.2020

It has been great. Service is key and they have been completely available.

It has been great. Service is key and they have been completely available.

I like the flexibility of the software and the direction that it is going. There is definitely expandability and we really like being able to grow with the company.

Need to get daily planning resolved and sub consultants need to be integrated into the system.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The A/E project management tool we were looking ofr

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

The service has been great and we are glad to finally have a tool tailored to our industry.

This finally allows a project-overview look across all active projects in the firm. Other software only focuses on specific projects but Monograph lets you assess everything that's going on in a small-medium firm.

There are a few features still in development like better forecasting of individual employees' time, but the team has been responsive about those updates and communicates them well.

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Monograph

It is much better suited for the A/E industry only. It doesn't try to be a construction program.
Ron

Works the way you do!

Bewertet am 17.3.2022

Staffing, tracking and budgeting...

Staffing, tracking and budgeting...

Works like we think as architects, allows percent complete invoicing and budget tracking.

I wish the reporting was more robust or customizable.

Antwort von Monograph

We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph! Thank you for the feedback - we've added reporting customizations to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Sarah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A much-needed tailored PM software for our Architecture studio!

Bewertet am 20.7.2022

Monograph has been a great experience although migrating our projects over was a longer, less streamlined process than anticipated.

Love that this software is structured around architectural projects. We can manipulate project plans, our fees and staffing accurately thanks to this!

Task management and detailed project schedules could be further developed.

david
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Can you add smaller task breakdown for time tracking?

Bewertet am 17.3.2022

The visualization of the information makes this somewhat intuitive.

Wish tasks were better broken down in smaller elements to track better time per tasks.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released!

Elise
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Tool for Small Architecture Businesses!

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

Monograph has been an excellent tool for our small architecture firm as we have gown over the past few years. It helps us track time spent across projects, forecast future fees and workloads, and monitor productivity to make sure everything is on track. I appreciate the clear graphic quality, easy of customizing tasks and project phases, and quick report production. It is also instrumental in our Monday morning all hands meetings, making it easy to go through all the projects and track progress.

The time sheets themselves work great, but I wish the time tracking function would get updated - it's not nearly as robust or easy to edit after the fact as other similar programs. Specifically, being able to view individual entries after the fact in calendar/time log format would be very helpful. If you miss tracking or forget to stop the timer, it's impossible to edit except in the overall total.

Trello und Harvest

Toggl Track
Julia

Built for Architecture

Bewertet am 15.3.2022

The people at Monograph have been exceptional to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in sales was incredibly patient and spent so much time helping us determine if this software would truly work for us without pressuring or upselling. They're incredibly receptive to suggestions for changes and I've already seen them roll out improvements - the software keeps getting better!

Full disclaimer: I am an administrator who was not trained in architecture, so learning what my firm needed to streamline its project management and personnel operations was a challenge. The fact that Monograph is custom built for the quirks of the architecture industry is really invaluable. This, plus it is intuitive enough for a non-industry professional like me to learn the ropes quickly. As we roll out Monograph, we will be able to consolidate so many extraneous processes and tracking spreadsheets - I anticipate it will make our workflow much more efficient.

There are some reports we're accustomed to creating that are not yet features in Monograph, so we'll still need to do some legwork outside of the software to track certain data. Until consultant fees are tracked against the overall percent-complete progress of each project, we won't be able to use Monograph invoices or reports to share with clients as part of our monthly billing package.

Kaayla
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Monograph - streamline your project management

Bewertet am 8.3.2024

Monograph has made a big difference in our office regarding project management. All the hours are being captured for each project, and with the help of the reports, I can easily analyze each project's profitability, pain points, progress, etc.
It allows me to quickly calculate what the fees should be for future projects, based on size and work required to complete it.

It is easy to use and allows us to analyze and assess each project. Based on previous projects, we can more accurately predict the amount of work and hours required, making each project more profitable. Lastly, Monograph are constantly improving the various features ie: payroll, taxes, payments, linking to accounting software, etc.

I wish team members could see their allocated hours vs. how many they've used in each phase of work without seeing the financials in a separate section of each project.

Caleb
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great single package for small firms

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

The customer support has been great. The website has helpful videos and there is a great support team available as well.

I love the time tracking function. I keep a browser window open to Monograph and hit the timer whenever I switch between projects. It has replaced my previous method of logging start and stop times on a notepad.

As a standard package user I do not have easy access to workload projection tools.

Isabeau

Monograph Review

Bewertet am 17.3.2022

We are just starting to implement this to its fullest potential.

We are just starting to implement this to its fullest potential.

I like the amount of features and the setup of the software

I wish it were a bit easier to use the milestones and tie them to tasks. It would be nice if there could be notifications or email reminders if a milestone deadline is coming up, if a project is going over budget, or going over schedule.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released!

Daniel

Monograph Review

Bewertet am 11.2.2022

So far, great. The Monograph team is outstanding and their resources are very helpful.

Great user interface, unbelievable customer support with a team that is always trying to improve the product. In almost all-in-one platform for architects

Really need to have your firm's phases and structure organized to begin. We do interior design, interior architecture, and architecture and it's been a bit difficult figuring out how to blend them all in one

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph.

eugene

Many Things Still in Progress

Bewertet am 15.3.2022

there are some nice features that other software packages do not have, but quite a few that others have but Monograph does not. Hoping these are integrated going forward

interface
time tracking
gantt charting
milestones

invoicing does not show outstanding balance per projects.
would like to generate draft invoices for review as a batch instead of 1x1
tasks do not send out automated reminders, reducing functionality
reporting is weak, would like to be able to generate reports on all active projects, by staff member etc.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We recently updated our Invoices feature and launched Stripe Payments, and we're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. We'd be happy to set up a call with our customer experience team to learn more about your needs!

Hayden
  • Branche: Design

So far so good!

Bewertet am 4.3.2022

I just started using monograph and I like it so far. I appreciate the ability to see what phase of a project I am working in. And also I like seeing the hours/fee we have already used or have left to use on a project.

It is difficult to organize the milestones and tasks for projects. I do not understand how to really differentiate between internal "tasks" and external meetings with clients AND dates that we need to submit or complete stages of the project. There are a lot of levels and tasks within a project. I am not sure how we are going to integrate that into Monograph and have it be useful.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Kelsey

Very Good Interface / Needs Minor Tweaks

Bewertet am 16.4.2021

My overall experience has been very positive.

My overall experience has been very positive.

This software is very easy to use and requires little to no learning curve if you are already familiar with basic computer use. I like the way that the pages are setup, very intuitive and functional. They are also pretty aesthetically pleasing as well, so that's a huge bonus in my book. As well, the software was fairly easy to integrate in to my existing work routine due to it's ease of use.

Since I am a user, and not someone who creates tasks, it is sometimes difficult for me to organize my own workflow. I would like the option to add projects or at least to propose additions for review and then perhaps my supervisor can chose to accept or decline them. As well, there is no easy way to track reimbursables per project. For example, gas and mileage per project. Lastly, the export of timesheets isn't very well formatted. Each export is an Excel spreadsheet, which is good, but then you have to go through and manually arrange columns/rows to make it legible. These are all, in my opinion, minor issues that aren't detrimental to my use of Monograph. However, it would be great to have an even more streamlined platform.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We've added these items to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.