Action1

Patch-Management und Endpunktsicherheit einfach und sicher machen

Sortieren nach

Evan
Evan

Action1 is a great tool

Bewertet am 14.4.2023

Excellent, very pleased. Their offer of the first 100 seats for free makes this a wonderful choice for smaller operations.

Extremely easy to deploy and to use. Action1 really shines compared to some competitors which are overly complex and opaque to operate. It's quality software--all of us who work in IT are familiar with packages which promise the world but never actually work right--Action is not like that, it works very well from day 1. VERY easy to implement and start using productively right away.

I'd like to see features for a remote task manager, remote service manager, remote event log viewing.

Rupert

Brigantia review

Bewertet am 15.10.2021

Its the ability to make sure that all our PCs are patched and up to date, and to manage the software on them. This is particularly when our staff are no longer in the office all the time and are working from home.

I have found that the deployment of apps is particularly effective. It's great to be able to roll out software to our PCs here within minutes no matter where people are based. I have found that the updates work really well as well.

I think some of the information can be hard to find, or you have to drill down. For example finding if a machine has low disk space. Also would like the ability to be alerted if a machine goes offline. The remote access seems a bit limited, for instance with no ability to transfer files.

Antwort von Action1

Hi Rupert, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see that you are enjoying many of our features!
We also appreciate you've brought some issues to our attention. We will share your feedback with the product team and discuss how we can improve displaying if machines have low disk space and alerting if machines go offline. And we agree that the remote desktop functionality is limited at the moment, but we are working to improve it in the future. The ability to transfer files is in the roadmap and will come with some of the next product releases.

Kristin
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great resource for smaller companies

Bewertet am 13.7.2021

I appreciate the pricing and functionality of this software. It may be basic in comparison to other applications, but it does a good job with hardware inventory and software patch tracking. I also like the remote control ability. Not as robust as some application, but is still very useful.

Remote control could use some enhancements. The option to turn off the request for users to accept the remote control connection. Often can't make the connection to the client. No error message.

Hi Kristin,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with us. Your review means a lot to our team.
We also appreciate you've brought some issues to our attention as we are constantly improving our product. We are glad to inform you that the ability to turn off the request for users to accept the remote-control connection will come with the next product release.
At the same time, we are sorry to hear you are having some troubles connecting to the client. Please, contact support@action1.com, and they will be happy to assist you.

Philip
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Action 1 ideal for SME and up!

Bewertet am 27.11.2023

I'm coming to use it more and more and it's my go-to utility for monitoring and patching end points.
The vulnerability scanning is similar to nessus which really makes you get on top of aged products and software services.

Ease of use and deployment. Good reporting and dashboard

I can honestly say there has been very little to dislike about this product full stop it ticks all the boxes for me as an overworked IT professional supporting a small to medium size company

Russell
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Action1 - Exceptional patch management for non-profits like us.

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

Excellent, they have been a valuable partner for our organization.

Excellent, they have been a valuable partner for our organization.

The cost for small organizations, the ease of use of patch management, the constant strides toward making the product even better, the communication and education offered by the developers.

Some features took some getting used to, some things still have room for improvement.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

NinjaOne

Warum Action1 gewählt wurde

Itarian raised their prices and the product was not as robust as Action1.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Action1

Price
John
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Action1 is a Great Choice for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

Action1 has helped me keep our computers updated, easily deploy software to remote workers, and allowed quick remote support. Their customer service was friendly and prompt when I enquired about subscription cost.

The product is simple to setup and use and the agent requires few system resources. Patch management is well organized easy to navigate. The first 100 endpoints are free so evaluating in your environment can be at a scale that reflects a real use case. If you only need 100 or less then you get a great tool for free.

The Remote Desktop feature is missing the option for file transfers and chat but both are on the roadmap for future updates. The agent is currently only available for Windows.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

TeamViewer, Splashtop und NinjaOne

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Action1

Action1 offered the right amount of features at a good price point.
Dan
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Action1 - For Small or Medium Businesses with limited IT staff you can't go wrong!

Bewertet am 19.10.2021

Made my life much easier. Instead of trying to manage Windows Updates, Device Updates, Inventory Management, and Remote Access it 3 or 4 different apps, this put it all in one place.

Sometimes finding the correct updates in the Update Approval Screen can be a bit tidious

Antwort von Action1

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dan. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Action1 RMM, and we are happy our product helps you succeed. We also appreciate that you've brought some issues to our attention as we are constantly improving our product.
Our Customer Success team will reach out to you to better understand your issues with finding the correct updates in the Update Approval Screen. Could you leverage the Search box to find the necessary updates?
Thanks again!

• Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Solid patch management for an unbeatable price

Bewertet am 27.11.2023

I've been using Action1 for a little over a year and they've only improved. Their roadmap is solid and they're constantly adding new features. I've yet to run into an issue using it that wasn't caused by my own misconfiguration.

Action1 has several filters and ways to craft policies for granular rollout of automated patches. It's incredibly easy to set up the policies and apply patches to pilot and production groups. Their third-party application library is also growing at a decent pace, and the ability to enforce automatic patching on those is one of the primary reasons I use Action1.

My least favorite aspect of Action1 has to be their remote access tooling. It's missing a few features I would consider critical, like direct terminal access and file copy, but it gets the job done if you just need a simple way to access a remote machine.

Joshua
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best RMM I have ever used!

Bewertet am 23.11.2023

My experience with Action1 has been great. I would highly recommend using this software as an RMM tool for technicians and IT managers to help control and keep your endpoints secure.

I have been using Action1 for over a year and I am very impressed. It contains lots of useful features such as remote desktop, update deployments, vulnerability patches, and software deployment.

My favorite part of Action1 is the ability for it to automatically update endpoints which gives me more time to solve other IT issues.

There is nothing that I dislike about Action1

Paul
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Action1

Bewertet am 9.11.2023

From day one I have found Action1 to be a fantastic product. I believe we starting using this software in it's infancy, but you wouldn't have known it. The support team were amazing and even sent over some customised reports we requested that were not available from the portal at the time. It's a straight forward piece of software that delivers what it advertises and much more.

It's straight forward ease of use. The way it is constantly being improved with new features added on a regular basis. The support team have always been great when contacted and seem to genuinely want to help resolved your issue. It simply just does what it says it does, and well.

It's not perfect. But then what is. Occasionally I find that it might be missing an option to simplify what I'm trying to do. But never had an issue where I couldn't achieve what I was trying to.

Marek
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Action1 Review

Bewertet am 2.6.2023

The software provided robust remote endpoint management capabilities, allowing me to efficiently monitor and manage all devices within my network. The centralized dashboard, real-time alerts, and reporting features were particularly valuable in ensuring the security and performance of my endpoints. While there was a learning curve for advanced configurations, the software's documentation and customer support were helpful in addressing any challenges. Overall, Action1 provided a reliable and efficient solution for remote endpoint management, contributing to better network security and streamlined IT operations.

One of the things I liked most about Action1 was its comprehensive remote endpoint management capabilities. The software provided a centralized dashboard that allowed me to monitor and manage all the endpoints in my network from a single interface. The ability to remotely deploy software updates, patches, and security configurations to multiple devices simultaneously was a significant time-saver. The real-time alerts and notifications kept me informed about any security threats or system issues, allowing me to take immediate action. Additionally, Action1's reporting and auditing features provided valuable insights into the overall health and performance of my endpoints. Overall, the remote management capabilities of Action1 were highly efficient and contributed to better network security and maintenance.

One aspect I liked least was the complexity of certain advanced configurations. While the basic functionalities were relatively straightforward to use, configuring more advanced features and policies required a deeper understanding of the software's capabilities. The learning curve for implementing custom actions or creating complex automation workflows could be steep for users without prior technical knowledge. However, Action1's documentation and customer support were helpful in overcoming these challenges.

Brad

Game Changer for our Non-Profit Organization

Bewertet am 28.6.2023

Game changer, has saved me easily hundreds of hours for our organization.

Game changer, has saved me easily hundreds of hours for our organization.

The option of free workstations under 100 instances was what originally make me take a deeper dive into Action1, but the ease of deployment, remote support, and patch management were exactly what I needed for our organization. With Action1 I was able to bring 80+ desktops with all various OSes, software and hardware configurations and installed patches up to industry standard in almost no time. No more tech debt!

I would like the ability to approve EULA changes on some software patches, as of now if you try to push out a multiple workstation patch and 1 piece of software requires an EULA the update will not proceed. You have to take 1 workstation, patch it on it's own, accept the agreement. Then running the batch job again will accept the EULA and proceed like normal.

Marco
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Wonderful remote control system

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

To be able to drive the company's PC without anybody is there, is the best

To be able to drive the company's PC without anybody is there, is the best

The product is free of charge, easy to use, very helpful for IT management

The only thing is missing is the file transfer between the PC during remote control

scott
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Action1 is great for patch management.

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

Good experience so far. I expect that it will improve even more.

Good experience so far. I expect that it will improve even more.

Ease of use. Many options. granularity. Good variety of reports. Better than Teams for remote control.

currently, office 365 desktop apps are not being updated. after doing all missing updates on many devices, when selecting "update now" in the "Office Updates" part of various "Microsoft 365 Apps for Business", the updates have then run.It would be nice if action1 could update software installed in other profiles.

Rod
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Non Profit Win!

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

AWESOME support and very quick to help. The cost is amazing!!! The tool is easy to deploy and very easy to maintain. I would recommend this to anyone!!!

This software is easy to setup and very cost effective for my client who is a non profit! Cost is perfect and the tool is amazing!!! End to End ILM.

when looking to remote into a machine... you have to find the logged on user in a subsection of the tool. Being able to see this with the name of the computer would be PERFECT.

Antwort von Action1

We cannot thank you enough for the kind words, Rod! Happy to be a long-term vendor and partner of yours! We are delighted to hear that Action1 RMM helped you succeed in your business while saving you time and money. And we agree that displaying the most recently logged-on user more straightforwardly could simplify user assistance. This feature will actually come with the next product release.
Looking forward to many years of successful cooperation!

Kailash
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Ciso

Bewertet am 28.9.2023

very good.

very good.

The dashboard and reporting is very good.

the overall update progress can be improved, you can implement the update percent value for per PC, as of now if any pc miss even a single update its show 0% for that system.

Tendayi
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Satisfied Action1 customer here

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

I am a happy Action1 user and would recommend it to anyone who needs the features it offers.

It is easy to use and offers the features that I require as an MSP. I enjoy being able to manage my customers servers from the comfort of my home. Being able to deploy updates automatically, have an inventory of machines and accounts as well as having a repository of software installed in a customers environment helps me meet some of my CIS cyber security framework requirements.

They might need to expand on the software you can deploy to remote computers. That said, I am happy to see the Office 365 Business is now part of the software we can deploy.

Jacob
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

The Best Decision

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

What can you not like about Action1? They provide patch’s to softwares they have added and allows you to add your own. They allow you to remote into endpoints. Action1 takes your suggestions very seriously. They really do care about you.

The most recent update moved the remote option but I understand once it was explained on the reason.

Vikas
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Action1 Remote Patch Management

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

Automatic Patch Management
IT Asset Management
Scripting

Nothing so far. Fulfils our requirement spectacularly.

Michael
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Why I love this software

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

Thank you for making a product that answers so many IT needs without having to write/test code all day.

The best part is with very little setup I was able to determine if a client is missing critical updates. Especially for Windows, it is really simple and easy. A big plus is that your clients only need to be connected to the internet for the agent and console to communicate.

SOme of the fields are not quite sortable for ease of data mining

Hi Michael,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with us. We are happy to see you enjoying so many of our capabilities. We are especially delighted to hear that you appreciate the easiness of Action1 RMM.
We are continuing to constantly improve our product to make your experience even better.
Looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation!

Atilla
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent RMM tool!

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Love the patch management, it's easy to use. I haven't truly tested the scheduled updates yet but I will edit/add to my review once I fully explored all options available in Action1.

We are a small homecare provider and trialling the Action1 free version at the moment. So far its' been a pleasure to use Action1. Primarily we use it for patching and remote management. Can't fault it at all.There are areas that can be improved and other functionalities introduced but Action1 is a great RMM tool and on the right path to become one of the leading Patch Management solution.

Not going to add any here as some the other users have mentioned what improvements that can be made under other reviews.

Allen

Really Easy to Use and Cost Effective Solution

Bewertet am 28.10.2021

Needing to patch machines at different locations including remote laptops desktop that do not connect to main office networks directly. Overall the product has helped with patching and deploying new software to devices in a variety of remote locations. We have also used the remote desktop feature when our primary has an issue connecting.

The cost and ease of use made it a good fit for our non profit to get started with and RMM solution.

Still learning the product and its full feature set. Would like to see GPO management console added in the future.

Antwort von Action1

Hi Allen, we are so happy that you like our feature set, and we are delighted to hear our product helps you succeed. Thank you for the kind words.
We appreciate your suggestion to add a GPO management console, but unfortunately, we do not plan to support it as it is not designed to work when endpoints are remote. However, we are constantly improving our product and adding many other rich features every quarter. If you have any questions, we are always here to help!

Thanks again!

Amanda
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great product - covers exactly what we need

Bewertet am 10.11.2022

We have a number of geographically dispersed sites with endpoints that are rarely seen in person by IT, so Action1 allows us to maintain, patch, manage and secure them remotely. We had no previous option for doing this so were very glad to find Action1. It's also been very good value in terms of allowing us to put up to 100 devices on the system for free - ideal for getting started!

It was really easy to get Action1 up and running. The built-in script library is very useful as it means we can utilise extra functionality like local password resets, remote wipe etc. without needing to write our own scripts. There's a clear and comprehensive development roadmap and the up to 100 devices for free model is amazing - incredibly useful for small businesses and/or trialling the system. I'm very impressed by Action1's commitment to making it free.

I actually haven't found anything as yet!

Brad

Very impressed

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

Very nice free webinars, very easy to implement and use without prior training.

Very nice free webinars, very easy to implement and use without prior training.

Simple implementation, simple and easy to read reports. Free for 100 endpoints, makes asset management a breeze.

It was too easy to install. Makes me feel like many people could easily do my job with this product :)

Jeff
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Action1 - the best low-cost RMM I've worked with

Bewertet am 14.6.2022

Action1 has been extremely useful for getting our endpoints updated, both regarding Windows patching, and upgrading components for our CRM software suite, which went through a recent version upgrade. I was able to get workstations upgraded quickly and remotely whereas in the past, I would have had to sign into individual workstations to perform the upgrades.

The user interface is extremely intuitive. Setting up new packages for installation is straightforward, and the customer service is prompt and very knowledgeable.

There have been some issues with endpoint discovery that I have not been able to clear up yet. However, that is the only issue I've had with Action1 RMM to date.