Hoxhunt

Reinis
Reinis

awareness for the victory

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

I am enjoying the simulation emails a lot. shows the creative ways of phisherman.

- keeps you on your toes
- teaches a thing or two

- emails received during OutOfOffice will be counted as 'missed' and you will not be able to score the maximum 100%

Sabin
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

How to combine the useful with the pleasant

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

The fact that it constantly keeps you on your toes and the "competition" with your colleagues in the ranking list.

Sometimes, the Outlook plugin does not always work - it give an error (unexpected error) or I have to generate links to open Hoxhunt dashboard, because it (the plugin redirect) is not supported by all browsers.

Abigail
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy to Use

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

Easy to use and turns searching for spam emails into a game

No dislikes about Hoxhunt right now, will follow up if any come up.

Hamza
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A blend of education, engagement and interaction

Bewertet am 8.4.2024

All in all, I personally learned about a bunch of different types of attacks. The good thing about this is that you not only learn about the attack itself, but also how to prepare for the attacks.

Hoxhunt offers training, knowledge bases, customisation, great UI and design, all kept simple and easy to use.

It is also relatively easy to implement.

The customer support is also helpful as you can also submit feature requests.

I use Hoxhunt about 2 times a day because of the email training and sometimes because of the built-in training within Hoxhunt.

All in all, it is a learning tool that is very easy to integrate because of all the features mentioned above.

Nothing in particular, maybe the leaderboard needs an overhaul, its a bit confusing.

Mongezi
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

User Friendly and Effective

Bewertet am 30.4.2024

My overall experience has been great. i have enjoyed the trainings provided and greatly improved my cyber awareness.

I love using the product. It greatly assists in our awareness of phishing scams and other cyber criminal activities. It give you real life example in a live environment which is great. It teaches one to be ever observant as malicious email can arrive at any time. It teaches one a great deal on how to protect oneself and the company.

I paused the trainings during my holidays but it continued to send them and marked that I had missed the emails which was not the came. All other aspects were great.

John Paul
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

My thoughts on the product

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

Its a useful tool that will make everyone more aware of the dangers that lie from people trying to breach

That it educates the employees so they can identify issues and report them accordingly.

That it doesnt suspect potential bad emails and we can possibly overlook them

amie
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Hoxhunt, great in many ways.

Bewertet am 2.6.2024

I like the frequency of the "test" emails. I also appreciate the learning aspect of finding a hoxhunt email.

This is not a bad things, but I do not like how it can trick me. However that is good for the learning aspect of the platform.

Avelino
Avelino
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Mimics real life threats to increase awareness

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

Overall it was a good experience. The timing of the simulated threat emails are also random so you cannot really find a pattern or predict when one is coming. It will definitely raise awareness in users what to look out for.. (Disclaimer: My review/opinion of this product is solely my own and does not represent the views/opinion of the company I work for)

I really like how the software mimics real life techniques of attack and reinforcing the learning by presenting microtraining materials. The gamification (earning shields and badges) also adds to the interest to look out for this simulated threats. When you also flagged an actual threat, there is an option to send it for further analysis.

Nothing much to complain aside from the duration you need to act on a simulated threat. If you have not flagged it in like 3 days, it will be marked as missed. This happens when you are on a vacation and did not have access to emails.

Lasma
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great tool for awareness training

Bewertet am 9.5.2024

Easy to report a suspicious email.
Some emails are very obvious to be fake but some have also been quite believable.
Nice to have some tips, and to be able to review my HoxHunt history.
Fun achievements.
A password challenge with useful tips.

I would wish for more frequent emails - it would also help remembering to set vacation mode when leaving for a longer period of time, and avoid lost progress due unreported messages.
Missing a feature: In our company, we have statistics per country, and I would appreciate to see more detailed information, not only success rate. There should be also statistics on failed emails with a separation between training emails where user has clicked on something, and where email was missed (as it disappears after some time).
Only one challenge available.

Ian
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Hoxhunt user

Bewertet am 30.4.2024

My employer rolled this out as a training intervention to increase staff awareness for email/phishing scams and security risks. I was sceptical at first how effective it would be, but can honestly say that after maybe 6 months of using it, it as been a completely positive experience. Its a clever way to change user behaviour when assessing incoming emails, and to provide on-going light touch but effective training in this area of identifying scams and phishing type emails.

It has completely and positively influenced my responses to certain emails, and made me much more mindful about what the warning signs can be of scammers or phishing type emails.

Occasionally the email requests look so genuine it can take some time to review them, and decide to report them, but that's the whole idea I suppose!

Thomas
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

TW Laramay Hoxhunt Review

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

Keeping everyone aware of what can happen if you expose the company to potential hackers is a very beneficial. Money lost if an attack occurs is substantial for a company of our size.

The software makes you aware of how easy it can be for a hacker to access your system if you're not careful. It teaches you what to look for when you receive a suspicious email so that you don't compromise your companies system by inadvertently clicking on a link. I like how the training emails are disguised as real emails (very sneaky). They keep you alert to potential attacks.

No cons that I can see. There have been a few emails which were so realistic that I clicked on the links only to be alerted to the fact that it was a training email (like I said above, very sneaky). Those make me a feel a little discourage that I was fooled into believing that it was real. But at the same time, those are a great opportunity to learn and can be a real eyeopener.

• Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Gamified experience for phishing simulations and other threats

Bewertet am 21.9.2023

Hoxhunt training and outlook plugin + smartly created simulated threats create a seamless learning and awareness package for companies who want to not only train, but refresh those perishable skills often. I think that's where Hoxhunt shines - it integrates to Outlook and has some gamified experience and leaderboards to keep the employees motivated to participate.

Simulated threats are really good. Trainings are easy to comprehend for even not so technical persons. Repetition of basics is good method to learn and keep awareness high to counter the real world threats.Hoxhunt add-in to Outlook works well and can be used as "no-brainer" check for any even slightly suspicious emails. If it's not training and still suspicious, then I would give it extra round of inspection and/or report to company IT.

I only recently found out that also my mobile Outlook app has the Hoxhunt plugin. I had skipped reporting some training mails before finding out that it can be also done in my mobile phone since I'm not always in front of computer.There may be limitations also on Outlook for Web - if that gets later added I would assess that then the coverage is spot on.

Thomas
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

eye opening!

Bewertet am 29.9.2022

A very simple to use product provided by my organisation - it has simulated many interesting and surprising phishing attempts which always keeps you thinking and on your toes

none - originally the emails they sent to test you had to manually removed and you got stuck on the dashboard. However, these issues have been corrected in recent updates.

Timo
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Hoxhunt daily user

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

Easy to use the software and report any phishing & attacks to internal security organisation, and it has really added my awareness of threat attacks / being more carefully when reading emails and not opening unclear links before checking within Hoxhunt

No cons to mention, Hoxhunt is working very well

Rohit
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good education tool for employees

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

This is a nice tool to educate the employees how to stay away from spam & phishing attacks. Some mails are so convincing that if people are not careful, they will click on the risky links which can then in background wreak havoc on the system. The tool has a convenient interface & regular way for sending mails in a way which makes employee think if this mail is genuine or not. And while doing so the employee is gaining knowledge as well as the system is totally safe.

Nothing annoying about this tool. I sometimes see some slowness while the dashboard opens up and takes us through the learnings but its tolerable.

Marianne
  • Branche: Maritime Wirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Hoxhunt the best apps for security

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

Using Hoxhunt makes my work more secure and free of phishing emails.

Using Hoxhunt makes my work more secure and free of phishing emails.

I like the process of using Hoxhunt every time I receive a suspicious email, verifying it first before clicking on any links attached to it.

I can honestly say that I have no dislike for Hoxhunt.

Piergiorgio
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Very effective system

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

The system used to teach how to handle suspicious emails is very effective for the end users, and the simulated email threads are very useful to learn how to prevent attacks

I do not have any specific issue to be reported in this sense

Peter
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Awareness boost for mail users

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

The software is only as good as the data/languages provided from the ones who set it up for a company.
Even Tieto Austria as a part of an English speaking company, more activities should be provided in German, as still most of the our mails are written in German. So it's easy for me to detect Hoxhunt messages, as I always get suspicious, when I receive English mails.

The know how is provided step by step without getting the feeling that you actively learn something.
The points, stars and achievements provide a "gaming" environment, with nice challenges.

I really see no need to criticize the solution - using it is a kind of fun for me.

Janardhanan
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

User Experience

Bewertet am 16.3.2023

My overall experience is good and satisfying. The idea of creating awareness through such simulations gives a feel like we are playing some game and it motivates us to play more.

The simulated email educates us to understand and differentiate actual threats.

Sometimes, it feels like the simulated emails are revealing and easy to identify. In my opinion, it is mainly because of the topics chosen.

Stewart
  • Branche: Metallabbau

Quality Control Manger review

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

Like the challenges, testing emails that get sent. I like being able to have suspicious e-mails checked so quickly.

Easy to use and explains the risks thoroughly

I don't have anything to add really, everything is good.

Evan
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Fun and interactive way to check for spam and phishing emails

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Overall Hoxhunt has caused my team and I to be paranoid (in a good way) about suspicious emails. It's fun and interactive and integrates really well in our Outlook app. All we need to do is click a button to check if the email is part of Hoxhunt training or to report it as malicious, spam, or phishing.

Hoxhunt has trained me to be very cautious when opening emails from unknown senders. It's actually fun and very easy to use (one-click button to report). By sending examples to your real inbox, it's very effective in training users to be suspicious of malicious emails.

The dashboard will show you if you missed Hoxhunt emails or clicked on malicious emails, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually show you which email you missed.

Jim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Gamifying security works

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

All good, keeps you on your toes and gives an easy mechanism to report questionable email traffic that typical spam filters may miss.

I like how Hoxhunt makes it a game to spot malware (and potential malware). It helps you keep a critical eye on messages you're receiving.

I have noticed a tendency for people to start messaging each other to see if an email is valid (when it's actually a Hoxhunt email). Not a huge deal, especially because it's a training exercise and I don't know how you'd really remedy that.

Louise
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Untrained, external member of the team.

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

I am sharpening my awareness level. Mission accomplished.

I am sharpening my awareness level. Mission accomplished.

I never had training (if given at all to other members of the Bank, I am unsure). I am a distance worker, working abroad. But I really like the organic nature of the product. Our emails (my emails on behalf of the Bank) are often sent to spam, so get missed and matters are not handled.SO this is clearly a problem on an international level.
I have already spoken warmly about this product to others,as your approach is so intelligent, and reward system informative and amusing! My own company, contracted to the Bank is a 2-man business so we're not really in the market for you, and I keep my partner fully up to date with what I come across in the Bank's version of Hoxhunt.

I didn't have any training or warning of this process, when I joined the organisation. But in retrospect is was more natural and organic that way. The scammers don't send notice that they are about to begin a campaign of malicious communication, after all.

Kevin
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Thankful to have it!

Bewertet am 8.5.2024

Its a very good invention and im thankful to be able to use it.
The internet criminality is...

Its a very good invention and im thankful to be able to use it.
The internet criminality is getting more intelligent every day and its easier to give strangers access to our intern systems without even knowing it.
Hoxhunt reminding me to keep an eye on incoming emails and staying safe.

The good thing about Hoxhunt is that its trying multiple ways to confuse you.
I mean sometime its easy to know that an email needs to be reported, but like I said sometimes its a very good made fraud. Cus of that I take more time to analyse incoming emails.
And after reporting fraud emails I like the little information texts to collect another star.

I really dont know what to write on this one here, but one time I reported the Email to hoxhunt and It was indeed a fraud. After I reported it and collected my stars, I pressed the link on the fake email to see whats gonna happen. I know it sounds silly in the first place, but Hoxhunt saved a "clicked email" on my account. That was a little bit annoying.

Ismail
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

sharing information

fantastic

fantastic

it is very easy and any one can used it

nothing and very easy for using and report