Jupiter

Learning management and student information system

Sortieren nach

Lee
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The absolute best #1 teacher software on the market. GET IT, you won't be disapointed.

Bewertet am 18.11.2021

A+. There is no other way to describe it. It is well worth the cost. I started out using it myself in my school and there are about 20 teachers using it now. It is fabulous. our sports teams even use it just for the communication area which is great. It has been a blessing to use during the remote pandemic learning.

The communication feature of the product is worth the price alone. The variety of different features are amazing and make keeping everything organized a breeze. The customer service is beyond exceptional. Anytime I've had an issue (which has been infrequent) they are lightning fast to respond and always take care of you. it is an amazing product. I've used it for about 10 years and I would never want to teach without it.

The only thing I found difficult was changing a students name if spelling was incorrect. You have to go through the admin. account to do it and it was easy at first but once figured out it isn't a problem. I don't know if there is much that can be improved upon.

Cynthia
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Jupiter Ed Individual Teacher Platform

Bewertet am 21.11.2021

Jupiter support refuses to speak with single users in person, only by email. What will Jupiter take away next from the single user? I fear we will be locked out of options in the coming years. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount more, each year, in order to get these features back. I am still using Jupiter and will continue to do so, as long as they don't cut us off completely. Jupiter gives their perks to their school and district accounts, but those with individual teacher's accounts are being left out.

Jupiter Ed is incredibly easy to use. I have been able to keep track of my students' progress for the past 15 years. I still have the records, since 2007. This program is wonderful for creating tests and lessons. It lets me know when I need to step back and re-teach concepts that students are struggling with. I can and do keep detailed notes on students who need extensive assistance each year. I use their individual progress reports with the notes for parent conferences. Grading is quick and simple. It syncs with Google Classroom effortlessly.

The cons are not about the software. The software works great. This is about the features that are being taken away from the individual users, like myself, one by one each year. For the current academic year, individual teachers no longer are able to send automatic email notifications to parents with their child's grade and any missing assignments. (This was super for parents!) No longer am I able to check student misuse of computer accounts now. Jupiter took away the Text to Speech for languages this year, for the same reason. Devastating for my ELLs and special needs students. These options have disappeared, after being a customer for 15 years, because I don't have a school account. I am subject to use only my District's program, which is cumbersome. Jupiter is my back-up system.

John
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

ParentVue / StudentVue is way better. Jupiter Ed is like working with a Windows 95 App.

Bewertet am 4.9.2017

I can access most of my kids school reports. I have nothing else to say because not being able to go back a page or having to force close when I am done make it tough to say anything else good

You can move around gracefully. Going back and forth is almost impossible. You have to force close to get out of it. There is no longer an Android app, Probably trying to move up from windows 95 technology to Vista.

Kristen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best Gradebook and JUNO pods are invaluable!

Bewertet am 19.11.2021

I have been using Jupiter since 2006 and I can say without a doubt that it the best grading platform I've ever used. It is highly intuitive and set up in a way that is designed to help the TEACHER to access, assess their students' progress and status. It makes communication with the Students and the parents very easy. And Juno pods are the best. I use them regularly to help my students to practice and refine their work.

User friendly & intuitive. It is obviously designed with the teacher in mind. And Juno pods are a great tool to help the students to learn from their mistakes. Juno pods are also a great way to do quick exit passes. The customer service team is quick and does their best to address the problem.

Cost has gone up significantly in the last few years. I choose to use Jupiter as my personal grade book and I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue to do so with the rising cost.

Sasha
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Jupiter's multifaceted integration of record keeping features decreases extra work!

Bewertet am 17.12.2021

I continue to be grateful for the ways in which we can refer back to logs about students, pull together information from multiple sources, and correlate and dissemination information. These features improve the experience for the teacher and parent as well as the administrator.

Jupiter has hugely and positively impacted our ability to communicate with our parents as well as internally. Increased communication has decreased parent anxiety. Having all of the features integrated together makes record keeping very easy; with the addition of being able to integrate Google Classroom grades into Jupiter, my teachers are able to decrease their workload.

Our school has been using the Textbook Log feature for several years, and while this has been very helpful in tracking down books from students, the checking in and out features have been a bit cumbersome.

Beverly
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Juno Pods and Juno Docs

Bewertet am 15.7.2021

As a teacher, the best part of Jupiter is the Juno Pods and Juno Docs feature. It's not perfect, but they were a way for me to create lessons, tests and assignments for the students. They gave students the ability to use these features and to turn assignments in on line directly to Jupiter instead of a separate email. Juno pods and Juno Docs were directly linked to the grading program. I was notified as soon as something was turned in, by whom (eliminating lost papers-and fantastic during the pandemic) and my assessment was immediately added into the overall score of that student. I have not seen this feature in the other grading programs.

I love the Juno pods and docs, but the administration seems to have difficulty turning out transcripts.

Melvin Dwight

Review of Jupitergrades.com by Melvin Dwight Ruddell

See above.

I like the feature of emailing progress reports to parents and students. I also like the testing feature with automatic grading.

I don't like the flexibility of changing due dates. When I schedule assignment in advance, if I have to change a due date on one for today. I have to go back and change each assignment in the future to postpone all of my assignments. When I was using Canvas during Covid lockdown, I could go to the calendar and easily drag and drop assignments. With yours I have to do a lot more work to postpone all of my assignments.

Jordan J.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Logging Grades To Monitor Student Progress; Making it Viewable for Parents and Students

Bewertet am 26.9.2020

Jupiter keeps track of scholar attendance. Jupiter allows teachers to log in student grades. Parents and students can log into Jupiter and view their grades.

I can preload quizzes/exams/classwork assignments that I want to grade for the week. I can choose to grade by points or percentages. I can track student progress. Parents and students can log onto Jupiter to view their grades.

The actual exam cannot be posted to Jupiter. The interface is simple; but a little outdated. Where we track attendance is labeled 'Roll' which is not straight forward- it is confusing.

Daniel

Essential for ALL teachers

A++
I have been using it for at least 10-12 years.

I like how comprehensive this program is. I don't need anything else and very easy to contact parents and get information out to all my students and them to connect to me.

I have not found anything about this software that has any negatives.

Doris
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I love jupitergrades

Bewertet am 18.11.2021

Whenever i have any questions i always get a response, and the help i need.

I love emailing students and they always know their grades so far. I also like the integrations with google classroom. I also like that i can attach files and send it to my students.

I totally love it. I can't think of anything it is missing. I have been with jupiter grades for over 15 years and it just keeps getting better and better.

Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Jupiter Ed Funtions

Bewertet am 18.11.2021

Jupiter is very open to support emails and very responsive to ideas.

Jupiter Ed is really user friendly. I appreciate that it links to Google Classroom, and documents can be uploaded to assignments. I also like that both parents and students have their own accounts to be able to access different information.

I would like if more things could be locked in admin mode, so that teachers do not accidentally click and send information that they do not need.

Lisa

Finally entering the 21st Century

Bewertet am 19.11.2021

This will probably be the last year our school uses Jupiter. They have decided it is too expensive and the state is switching to Infinite Campus.

I like that Jupiter finally has the ability to link to Google Classroom.

Teachers no longer have the ability to edit all aspects of a student's profile.

Zenab
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to maneuver great customer service!

Bewertet am 5.10.2017

Simple and easy grading system

User interface is easy to navigate, parents and students alike enjoyed this. The customer service was always willing to help.

Doesn't have as many features as other grading systems, so we had to search for a different program, but if they upgrade we may go back!

Renee
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

We use Jupiter for grades at my school.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018

Parents love the home access feature of being able to view grades and progress. I has the potential to have all classes and information in one place.

All teachers have to be on board with using the same program and gradebook for it to really be successful in a school.