Inkscape

Martin D.
  • Branche: Internet

Inkscape is my Photoshop alternative

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

My overall experience with Inkscape is very positive. The inability to open .ai files is a minor problem for my use case, but when designing vectors from start, Inkscape is my favourite tool.

Well, the price is fantastic - you can't beat free, but the intuitive layout of Inkscape makes for an easy and intuitive experience when using it for designing.

It isn't compatible with Illustrator's .ai file format, despite both being SVG editors

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

Photoshop won't open SVG files.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Price. I don't create or edit SVGs enough to warrant the purchase/subscription of Illustrator.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

One of the best free software for illustrators

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Inkscape is an amazing free software with great features that lets you create and edit vector and no-vector graphics, import and export designs in variety of format, and play with your own designs. It is a great free alternative to Illustrator.

For a free software, inkscape is feature-packed with almost everything its rivals offer. I love that it allows us to vectorize almost any design, even ones inpkrted from external drawing applications. File conversion from svg to editable PDFs is also a very useful tool, one that isn't available for free anywhere else. It is available on all OS, but seems to work best on Linux. It's recent updates have been fabulous, bringing in newer features and better interface. It also has a great support base with thousands of tutorials and an extensive manual to help whenever we are stuck. You will also find many twmplates online to avoid working from scratch.

Does not allow exporting to jpeg, which is a shame. Not all features are supported when a file is imported from Illistrator. Also, the learning curve is very steep. Even people having fairly good knowledge on Illistarttor and such applications will have to go through basic Inkscape tutorials to know how to get a job done. It also lags a bit sometimes.

Brandi H.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Hard to figure out

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

Uninstalled and payed for photoshop instead.

I liked that it was a free product. But that was all.

The features are severely lacking and 9/10 times the program wouldn't even open and would completely lock my computer.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Because it was free, but you ultimately get what you pay for.
Gustavo B.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Outstanding

Bewertet am 5.4.2022

I really like Inkscape, and for everyone looking for a vector design software I will advise this hands down.

This is by far one of the best designing tools in the market, and even better this happens to be open source.

Inkscape offers a set of tools meant to design freely, effortlessly and with a lower learning curve than other alternatives. Drawing or even editing vectors is very nice, and everything works smooth without overcharging any computer resource.

I wish it has native Ilustrator files support, but there is not. Anyway, you can solve very easy this by changing the Ilustrator files to PDF. Then there is not a big deal about this.

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

First place, the Adobe License... Inkscape is completely free to use. And further than the mere price, I find Inkscape to be a lot easier to use. Additionally, Illustrator does require too many resources from the computer to work properly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

As said previously, Inkscape is easier to use, does consume less resources from the computer to work properly, and does have a more intuitive user interface. Additionally, it is free.
Amanda M.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great Software

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Inkscape has been a lifesaver for my business. I can create and print through the same program without being limited on my size. I can also create cut files which I can then import into another program and use my cutting machine with. It has quickly become my go-to software.

I love that I can create my own SVG files and I get to keep them unlike other software programs I use. I can import other designs and manipulate as I go. I can create custom files and the sky is the limit

I have trouble getting the offset to work. I am sure it is user error but I struggle with it most of the times I use it. Also, sometimes when I clip I just get a blank white box instead of what I am trying to clip. I find it struggles when using text editior to pick text while scrolling through all the options.

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

I have the freedom to design and keep my files/share files if I so choose so. I can also print larger than 6.25x9.75 that you are limited with.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Inkscape was free and Photoshop is very expensive. I am just a beginner and felt that I didn't need to put all that money into a product that I don't know how to use. WIth Inkscape I can just learn as I go.
Ali L.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best Open source free Vector graphics editor and creator.

Bewertet am 1.6.2022

Inkscape is one of the best free open source reliable software i use, very fast and light weight. also runs all 3 main desktop operating system Linux, MacOS and Windows. between GIMP, Inkscape and Blender that's all a graphic designer needs to get rid of all the expensive proprietary bulky design software.

Inkscape is a free simple and easy to use and learn vector graphics editor and creator.

missing a few functions like importing EPS vector images format.

• Branche: Grafikdesign

Good Place to Start

Bewertet am 14.6.2022

Inkscape is the best free vector design program in my opinion. It has all the stuff that you need to design vector elements. I mainly used Inkscape to design logos and banners.

Inkscape doesn't have the all design tools and effects that its paid competitors have, even though I like to use Inkscape sometimes I wasn't comfortable with using the pen tool.

Robin F.
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Inkscape. Pro Vector Creation for free.

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Inkscape has enabled me to realise my ideas in an intuitive working environment. Powerful tools allow full expression with the freedom to explore and illustrate ideas to a high degree of accuracy.

I love the fact that, even though it costs you nothing, basically there is no difference between Inkscape and programs like Illustrator or CorelDRAW. Take the time to learn it and you can get a he same high quality results.

No cons, i'm having a lot of fun with the infinite possibilities presented by Inkscape.

Marisa C.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Powerful Design Tool

Bewertet am 29.6.2022

Inkscape was the first design software I used when I started learning design. It took me a while to figure it out, but now I love the software because you can create so many cool designs. I´ve converted many images to vectors. It was of great help. Big thanks to the creators.

All the features the software offers. From creating vector shapes, freehand, text fonts, and text features.
It´s insane that such powerful software is free of charge.

The platform is complex, and its quite a learning curve if you are a beginner designer. Luckily there are lots of free YouTube tutorials on Inkscape.

• Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great SVG handling

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

The first time I used Inkscape was at the university for the web design class, after that I continued using it for SVGs while working as a frontend software developer

The UX and UI of the software is really good. It has a great tooling for handling SVGs

Compatibility with Mac OS, I used it at the beginning with Windows but when I switched over Mac I could not use it anymore

Hailey W.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great free graphic design software

Bewertet am 11.2.2022

Inkscape has allowed me to create more detailed vector designs for use in my business at a quicker pace than using the Cricut Design Space software. I would recommend it to all Cricut users and to those just looking for an affordable graphic design software.

As a free software, this program is great for anyone looking to do graphic design work but especially for beginners. I started using Inkscape as a way to design vector files for use with my Cricut machine. The Cricut Design Space software had a lot of limitations and was very slow for working with text, so I turned to Inkscape for almost all of my project designs. I can then easily save my vector files in .svg format to upload into Cricut Design Space for making my projects.

Inkscape will occasionally crash and close while I'm using it, so be sure to save often. As a free software, this is a mild annoyance but not a deal breaker.

Adobe InDesign und Affinity Designer

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

Cricut Design Space had a lot of limitations on graphic design and operated very slowly when working with text. I needed a software that had more features and would be easier to use while allowing me to save my vector designs for easy import into Design Space to create my projects. As a free software, Inkscape was an obvious choice to try out and once I got the hang of some basic features, it became my go to software.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

The alternate programs that were recommended to me were paid and as a beginner, Inkscape stood out as the obvious choice to start with as it is a free software.
Ray A.
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very capable, powerful tool for creating vector images. Cross-platform and open source.

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Since 2004, I have used Inkscape for creating vector graphics. Inkscape can easily handle small reasonably complex drawings. However, when working on large diagrams, comprised of hundreds of objects and many layers, Inkscape would become less responsive and occasionally crash. For creating highly complex diagrams, I still rely on CorelDraw which is far more robust overall. But I use Inkscape for all simpler diagrams and have watched it transform over the years into an increasingly powerful vector graphics program.

Cross-platform and open source. This has several big advantages:

a) No need to worry about proprietary file formats and vendor-lock because it saves files in the open SVG format. Drawings that you create today will still be easily opened and used 10 years from now in either new versions of Inkscape, or in one of many other applications that can also open SVG files.

b) No economic barriers to use- our members can easily download and use Inkscape without worrying about license costs. This helps encourage teamwork and sharing responsibility of creating drawings.

c) No barriers caused by using different operating systems: Our organization members can use Inkscape on our computers regardless of which operating system. Some members Linux, others use Mac or Windows 10). Inkscape performs flawlessly on all installations.

Can import Adobe Illustrator (AI), CorelDraw (CDR), EPS, PDF, VSD files and allow modification and edits.

The way Inkscape handles docker panels is somewhat confusing. Dockers are sidebar panels that display information about layers and objects in the drawing. Currently, the user must navigate to the software menu, click on OBJECT and then click on "Object" to turn on the Object docker panel. The same slow procedure must be repeated for Layers: navigate to the software menu, click on LAYER, and then click on "Layer" to turn on the Layer docker panel. A more convenient option would be to list all docker panels in the software menu VIEW drop-down list or perhaps somewhere else.

In CorelDraw, I used to organize objects in my drawings by placing them in different layers. Inkscape does not seem to be able to do this. This is immensely useful for creating maps as each layer can be turned on or off depending on the type of map you want to create. ie) having a Road Layer, Water Layer, Houses Layer, Vegetation Layer, etc allow me to turn on only the layer I want to display. I can then create separate image files /diagrams for roads, river systems, housing, and vegetation for use in documents or academic articles.
Inkscape developers stated several years ago that this feature would be implemented. Perhaps it was implemented, but I have not been able to get Inkscape to work this way

When working on very large and complex diagrams with many layers, Inkscape can become quite slow to respond. For this reason, I tend to use CorelDraw for complex large diagrams

Laurent B.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Logiciel complet et varié mais complexe

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Même si le logiciel est assez complexe à maitriser au départ, il suffit de simplement d'en apprendre tout les jours, pour qu'au bout de quelques semaines, je puisse m'apporter plus d'aisance sur son utilisation, sans faire n'importe quoi.
sa gratuité , ses fonctionnalités ainsi que ses mises à jour régulières m'ont convaincu, je ne changerai pas Inkscape pour n'importe quel autre logiciel.

Inkscape est un logiciel perfectionné, gratuit grâce à la licence GPL, à l'inverse de Adobe Illustrator, et qui sait s'adapter sur les différents supports informatiques, à savoir Windows, Linux ou même MacOS.

Il possède énormément de détails qui permet un travail des plus complets sur mes différents projets artistiques, avec un avantage essentiel qui est de vectoriser les images matricielles.

Ses principaux outils d'illustration vectorielle très complètes m'offre un contrôle des plus optimal sur la finalisation de mes projets.

Un logiciel que, une fois bien pris en main, je recommande sans problème pour des personnes volontaires qui veulent approfondir leurs connaissances sur des projets graphiques.

Il est très difficile d'avoir une prise en main complète du logiciel à mes débuts car beaucoup trop de fonctionnalités à assimiler, avec la sensation de se sentir étouffer avec tout ces éléments graphique.
L'option « Aide » Inkscape nous permet de savoir plus mais sans approche approfondi. Pour ma part, j'ai du effectuer plusieurs recherche sur le net pour arriver à comprendre les différentes rubriques que nous offre le logiciel.

De plus, à force d'utiliser de plus en plus de filtre sur un projet, je remarque un lenteur du logiciel qui s'installe au fur et à mesure, et par moment il arrive à se bloquer sans qu'on s'y attende (c'est rare malgré tout mais pas agréable).

Rodrigo T.

Great for SVG

Bewertet am 12.5.2020

Years ago I started using Inkscape seriously, to create things like logos and baners, after a short learning curve, the tool became very useful, and its use was almost daily for a while. However, when I started trying to create derivative works, from resources bought in asset stores, which usually come as AI or EPS, I started having problems. Today I use it in conjunction with the paid tools, because its support for SVG is really great, and some quick tasks are done in an easier way than in other software, such as converting to PNG, which is much less bureaucratic.

The fact that Inkscape is free software and is great for editing SVG format makes it an indispensable tool.

The most important thing for commercial use, which makes it impractical to use Inkscape alone is the limited support for .AI and .EPS files, as these are popular formats for distributing content in asset stores.

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

CrDoc was a good tool, and it was also free, but it had the big problem of using proprietary file format, when I needed to exchange files with other companies, it became impractical. With Inkscape, for a long time I was able to work only with it. CrDoc also had some bugs or limitations in simple tasks.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

I have already done a review of Illustrator here, and I can say that for a while I was jumping between Inkscape and Illustrator, sometimes due to compatibility problems with the IA and EPS files and sometimes due to problems with the financial cost of maintenance. I actually found the middle ground using Inkscape for SVG and quick tasks (as it is much smaller), but Illustrator paid for larger professional tasks.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best tool for small business

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

Apart from not being the chosen solution for the printing industry, Inkscape works as well as all the other solutions, it opens the files produced by them and exports to their format.
Inkscape does not require the purchasing of a license, making it perfect for small businesses.
It is easy to work and working with it is just like working with the best software your money can buy.

Inkscape has all the features the major vector illustration tools provide, with more control over the end result, the file, and is distributed under a GPL license, meaning it is free of charge and free to be modified by knowledgeable developers.
It provides ways to implement new features via scripts, and also has a great developers' environment, continuously working on improvements for the tool.

Other than the fact that the publishing industry does not use it as the standard, there are no downside in using it.

Govinda H.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review for Inkspace

Bewertet am 15.1.2020

Considering it is a free platform, I have actually enjoyed the high quality material I can develop using it. Moreover, its cross-functionality is amazing, I can easily open PDF or AI files to edit and modify.

The software is user-friendly and runs on many platforms. It helps with my ongoing daily routine tasks. The best thing about it is that its absolutely free. You dont have to pay a penny.

It doesnt have a lot of options or functions to offer, very limited. Also, its interface is not very attractive unlike the other platforms.

Warum Inkscape gewählt wurde

I moved from Adobe Illustrator because it is free. Plus it offers me the option to modify documents and files of other platforms which others dont offer. It is value for money.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

It is an open source (free) software and offers medium-range functions at almost no price to pay. It can also easily convert bitmap images to vectors which is a plus. Overall, it offers enough functions for me to get my work done without paying any money.
Sébastien L.

To Create High-Quality Vector Images for Free, Look No Further Than Inkscape

Bewertet am 18.4.2019

Because Inkscape is able to work with many different image formats, it has enabled me to convert raster images to vectors at work, making it possible to print high quality promotional material. Its ability to open and modify PDF and AI (Adobe Illustrator) files is a real plus, as designers will often send their work in those formats. I have encountered a few frustrations while using it, but my overall experience is definitely positive and I would recommend this software any day of the week to any person getting into vector graphics design. Inkscape is a polished piece of software, working as expected on all major platforms (Windows, MacOS and Linux). For some rare corner cases, it even provides a built-in XML editor, allowing you to edit textually any detail of your creation, which can surprisingly be easier to understand by abstracting away the user interface in a readable format. It can be overwhelming to learn how to use all of its features, but there are great resources available on Internet and in the "Help" menu in Inkscape, including a lengthy manual and tutorials ranging from basic to advanced level.

One of the features I like the most about Inkscape, apart from the fact that it is an open source (free) software, is its ability to convert bitmap images to vectors, which can be done in a variety of ways depending on the desired result (brightness cutoff, edge detection, color quantization, etc.). The Bezier tool is also very intuitive to use, even more so than in other applications such as GIMP, which doesn't support paths and SVG as well as Inkscape. Using the Bezier, you can either draw an approximate path to be modified later or add precise curves along the way to minimize the work to be done after the path is created. Some tools, like Spray, Eraser and Gradient, provide some handy shortcuts to create absolutely interesting effects without much effort. For instance, Spray can take another object as a selection, the Eraser automatically redraws the modified paths without the erased part and the Gradient tool can take as an argument the average color in a selection. Most of the commonly used tools are present by default, but you can choose to move or remove many of them. Amongst those tools, there are many snapping behaviors available that can be turned on and off quickly along with many more windows that can pop up or be reduced on demand. It takes some time to get used to the way windows can be rearranged, but it provides greater flexibility down the road.

Inkscape is filled with so many options that the default interface can look like a mess on small resolution screens: hopefully, it is possible to remove less used buttons by customizing the interface. Sometimes, when working with images that render a very high amount of details by applying filters, the software becomes slow and may unexpectedly crash. Unfortunately, it is a hard problem to avoid, the only available choice being to use as few filters as possible until the very end. Without using extensions, it is also hard to position guides according to your needs: you have to do manual calculations to make sure you can properly align guides between them. There are many ways to snap objects together, but it's still tricky to try to center a vertex from one object to the center point between two other points from only a portion of a second object: again, manual calculations need to be involved. On smaller screens of less than 17 inches, many long menus when selecting cover up to the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to read the description for each tool that appears in the bottom part of the main window that stays beneath the menu, leading to forceful experimentation in order to guess what each option does.

Lisandro R.
  • Branche: E-Learning

Without Inkscape I would have fail as a designer

Bewertet am 1.11.2019

Right now, Inkscape is indispensable for me and my design career. Even though Inkscape is an open-source and free application, that doesn't mean it's inferior to paid alternatives in any way. Sure, Illustrator has its great set of features, but Inkscape is nowhere lesser. I have not needed to switch to any other alternative. It gets the job done really well! Love it!

It is very easy to use. It has a very friendly interface. It's really feature-packed. It has some out-of-the-box features equivalent to those in Adobe Illustrator but for free! It's open-source and get updated regularly. I love you can even work with PDF files natively. Also, I rely on the "trace bitmap" feature a lot: it's great to reuse royalty-free bitmaps on a quick design or just for inspiration. Inkscape is amazing and free!

I WISH it supported the Adobe Illustrator format (ai) but it's too much to ask as that is a proprietary file format. Also, some fundamental actions are complicated to implement: for example, setting default document properties shouldn't require to save a file in a specific folder or exporting your artwork as a .jpeg file shouldn't require an extension; those actions should be more straight forward.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Adobe Illustrator is really expensive. I was just starting as a designer, so I had no money. Inkscape is free and doesn't lack too many features when compared. So it was the way to go.
Edwin O.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best software for logo editing and creation.

Bewertet am 12.9.2021

This indeed is the best software if you want to start create and editing vector images.

It is a free open source software thus anyone can download and use it. Using this software is really easy even for starters since it does not have complicated components that one can't understand easily. Unlike other alternative software's, this software can run on different platforms that is Windows, MAC OS and Linux Operating systems. Lastly this software is flexible and versatile that is it can be changed or modified without changing anything.

Sometimes its processing functionality can be a little slow. Exporting an image does not support various formatting types. Even if it has more paid features on other alternative software's, this software's interface is not user friendly, it needs one learn fully in order to come up with a complete and good vector image of logo. I don't have much negative about this software only my main focus is on speed, starting even this software takes a lot of time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Even though does the same work as Inkscape was good for me it has more free features compared to illustrator.
Infiyaz K.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best open source option for creating vector graphics

Bewertet am 26.12.2018

Compared to the minor setbacks, I recommend InkScape for all vector drawings.

If you're looking to 'create' vector graphics, InkScape is very straightforward and simple to use. It has a well-arranged menu system and it allows you to do any 2D graphic that you'd otherwise create using expensive programs like Illustrator.

It runs on most platforms - for me I need to use it on Windows and Ubuntu and it works without a flaw.

It supports layers but you don't really need it since you can easily re-edit every single object even on the same layer.

The fact that the files created are as SVGs allows the images to be directly opened on all modern web browsers.

I truly admire the work of the developers here as this is a great open source program and you can just download it for free.

These are the main drawbacks of InkScape:
1. You can only export images as PNG files if you need bitmap exports. Not even JPEG is possible.
2. 3D graphics are not possible.
3. Saving as other formats or importing from AI files is not always great. It seems a little buggy.
4. There is no way to know if your colours are print or screen-friendly. This is something that you find important especially for printing logos and art work.

Despite these drawbacks, I always choose it as I find it very comfortable working with it.

Deepak M.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Review of Inkscape

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Overall, I recommend Inkscape to anyone who is looking for a robust vector graphic editor for free. It is quite capable of meeting graphic design requirements and is actually very easy to use if one has used other vector graphic software before. For the first time user it may be a bit difficults but there are plenty of online resources available to help the first time user tackle various tasks.

Inkscape is quite intuitive to use for those who have used vector graphics software earlier. It can open / import a variety of formats and can export to a variety of formats too. It starts up quickly and can convert a raster image to vector quite quickly. It handles graphics and text quite well and is an excellent tool for page layout.

What I want most from Inkscape is to have multiple pages in a single document. Currently Inkscape has just one page per file so creating a multiple page document can be quite frustrating, as each page has to be in a separate file. Having worked with other commercial software that allows multiple page creation within a single document, I found Inkscape's restriction to one page per document less than satisfying.

• Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Free Alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

Overall, this program is great when paired with a paint program, something to support the vector. Gimp was really good to pair with it. I would definitely recommend

Inkscape is a vector software that allows you to make clean logos, illustrations, infographics, etc. I only just downloaded this program about a week ago but I've already used it in my freelance illustration job. The other program I had been using was Gimp, another free software. But Gimp wasn't allowing me to create basic shapes. So I was able to save the file I was working on in Gimp as a .pdf file and then bring it over to Inkscape where I added boxes that were perfectly resizeable and did not anchor after you made them. I was able to go back and adjust the color of the boxes and also add and format text within them. It was beautiful.
Inkscape is part of GNU which is the Free Software Movement put in place for just that-- freedom of software, bringing people from all walks of life into an equal platform. So that is why I chose to pair my previous Gimp software with this free Inkscape software as they are part of GNU Systems. Actually, Inkscape borrows some tools and coding from GIMP making it so easy and natural to jump between the two programs in one project. I'd go as far as to say that Inkscape is to Gimp what Adobe Illustrator is to Adobe Photoshop. Each is needed in it's own capacity, each tackle the same job at different angles.

This is purely asthetic but one thing I was slightly put off by was the white layout. When I first logged into the program, it reminded me of Sticky Notes on my computer. It didn't have that Adobe-esque feel that Gimp had with basically the same dark design. It just didn't feel like it could hold up to creating numerous graphic layers and really tricky tool maneuvers. While obviously it is not Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape seems like it has a lot of essential features to pair up with Gimp, that when these two free programs are paired, the result is very similar to Adobe Suite products. It is a bit different in the tools area as AI. I wasn't able to figure out how to move objects onto different layers. It wasn't as intuitive as AI or Gimp, for that matter.

Antonio M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best free vector graphics software

Bewertet am 29.1.2021

I used it to create icons for my small business and for the larger clients we had. It was a quick and easy way to create vector graphics. I also used it for our comics. We would trace the drawn comics to blow them up to be printed as posters. I also managed to blow up some comics for use on merch websites that required crazy high resolution source files. I LOVE the program and now I use it in tandem with another similar software I bought at the beginning of the year mainly for the tracing option.

It is free and it does everything other vector graphic softwares do! Unlike some of the competitors it actually has a decent tracing option.

It takes way too long for it to start. Other than that, everything is amazing, but I spent minutes every time I tried to start the program. It was on the computer that would start comparable software in under a second.

Adobe Illustrator und Affinity Designer

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

It was free and had all (or in one case more) options that the rest.
Karin D.
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great alternative to higher priced image software

Bewertet am 20.10.2020

Inkscape has been a vast improvement over the suite software I was using. I don’t have to switch software to perform different tasks on a project. And, it’s price tag of FREE certainly helps when starting a business with zero capital and only two commissions that are yet to be paid.

This product is great. It combines all the features I need for SVG creation into one, easy to use, FREE software. Did I mention it’s free? I am trying to run a business selling various art items. I am not very technologically savvy and, as I am still in start up phase with zero capital, I need something inexpensive. I had been paying over $30 a month for another software suite that did not work well for me. Being on a budget so tight it’s basically non-existent, my laptop is very low on RAM, ROM and all those other computer capability things. With the larger suite, I had to install one of the programs, do part of the work on an image, remove that program, install a second program, do more work, and continue this cycle until the images were just right. This made projects take vastly longer than I could charge my clients for. Using Inkscape, I can do all these steps with one program that takes up about a quarter of the resources on my laptop than even one of the two programs in the expensive suite. And, it saves me over $350 a year!

The only issue I have with Inkscape is one of my own problems. I have been using the expensive suite so long, learning the different names and slightly different icons for Inkscape has taken some time. However, many videos exist on the internet to help people learn how to use the program.

Arun K.

Inkscape Teached Me The Basics Of Logo Desgning

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Even you face a little bit of trouble for figuring out the operations in Inkscape, I definitely recommend this for logo designing and vector graphics.Best platform which i used up to date for the same purposes.

I started to using Inkscape from 2019.Inkscape works really well in making logos and vectors in a simple format.One of the best featurre it provides is called node editing.Its capability of handling node editing impressed me alot.I think Inkscape is the best designing software to start graphic designing , if you are not familiar with any other softwares like adobe illustrator.One of the best speciality of Inkscape is that , it is totally free and it works well in all major operating systeems like windows,mas o.s and linux.If you are running a business , this one is suited for small, medium and also well suited for freelancers .Even i didn't tried much about vector designing in Inkscape, i believe this one helps to learn about basics of vector designing more easily that otheer graphics softwares like corel draw.You can set and edit or convert nodes is the best thing about Inkscape.It also support path simplification with variable threshold, path insetting and outsetting, object creation,bitmap tracing etc.I always like to use the speciality of converting a real picture into good looking and creative logos using Bezier curve tool.If you are looking to learn logo making and digital vectors, i always recommend Inkscape.This one helped me alot to learning in designing some logos.

If you are dealing with very large projects, it has some tendancy to freeze for sometime and this makes to feel bad while working on projects.It may be difficult to operate atfirst time after installation because of the new tools and features which are unfamiliar to a person who is a novice in digital graphics.So think it will take some time to figure out how Inscape is working.Even they provide tutorials about the working, most of people feel like an alien at the time of first use.Definitely i faced saving my work as in .jpeg or .gif format primarly and also it does not support .ai extension files.