Inkscape

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Tolle und umfangreiches Grafik-Tool

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

Sehr einfach aufgebaute Grafiksoftware. Sämtliche Formate können eingelesen und ausgegeben werden. Ich benutze es hautsächlich um Grafiken zu vektorisieren.Kostenlos!!!

Für mich als Konstrukteur ist der Workflow von solchen Tools etwas undefiniert.

Ali
Ali
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best Open source free Vector graphics editor and creator.

Bewertet am 1.6.2022

Inkscape is one of the best free open source reliable software i use, very fast and light weight. also runs all 3 main desktop operating system Linux, MacOS and Windows. between GIMP, Inkscape and Blender that's all a graphic designer needs to get rid of all the expensive proprietary bulky design software.

Inkscape is a free simple and easy to use and learn vector graphics editor and creator.

missing a few functions like importing EPS vector images format.

• Branche: Onlinemedien

Power, Free, and Open Source

Bewertet am 8.11.2019

Inkscape allows me to create designs for laser cutting, for logos and other web graphics, etc. There is definitely a learning curve, but there is a wealth of information in a variety of formats to help get smooth things out.

I appreciate that I get a powerful vector design option without being tied to a costly subscription. As a small business owner (with an equally small budget) who needs to use quality design software, Inkscape has all of the features I need to get the job done and then some.

Inkscape isn't always as user friendly as it could be and every once and awhile I find myself looking feature that seems like it should be an obvious choice to include. There are always work arounds, but they take longer.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Largely because it's free, although I would be willing to pay for it. I have a particular dislike for the subscription software model, so I was glad for a quality alternative.
Jeffrey
Jeffrey
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lets be real, its free. You can't complain, right?

Bewertet am 13.9.2020

This is NOT a long term solution. If you think you're going to be editing vector files for the extended future, get Illustrator. It's great in a pinch for one off jobs, but do not waste time learning it in depth.

Its free! That means I don't need approval from the man with the card to use it!

It also has almost all the functionality of Illustrator and exports all the standard vector file types. If you're in a pinch and need to edit vector art without shelling out BIG BUCKS to Adobe, this is the standard solution.

If you're used to Illustrator GOOD LUCK. Nothing works the way you think it should. Getting anything done gives me empathy for my Roomba. Sure it gets my floor vacuumed eventually, but its does it by banging into every obstacle.

Its free.
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Inkscape : Free and Formidable

Bewertet am 27.4.2021

I primarily use Inkscape for generating simple graphics as visual aid to my research work. For this role, Inkscape is possibly the best and only free open-source software in the market.

Inkscape has an arsenal of formidable graphic design tools which allow me to generate graphics and schematics to support my research work. The ability to export and use these artwork across applications makes Inkscape an asset.

The user interface and the ease-of-use is not the best. There is a steep learning curve for most users.

• Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Inkscape is one of the best design tools

Bewertet am 1.1.2023

Overall i like inkscape very much. I think that is a big competitor to adobe programs because it can get the same quality of work without over prices of adobe which many people can't afford it

I like that it is professional. It has alot of options and tools to make my designs look unique and professional. Also, it is very easy to use.

I don't like the lack of Arabic Fonts which they should give much care because i need it in many projects

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic free tool for vector graphics

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

Overall, I'm very happy with Inkscape and use it to create/edit logos, banners, and other illustrations.

Without question, the best thing about Inkscape is the fact that it's completely free. It offers all the tools you'd ever need and has lots of useful extensions for more specific needs.

It's hard for me to find something to dislike about Inkscape. I'd only say that it could use some tweaks in the interface itself, especially in the dark theme.

Sibusiso
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Professional graphic designing tool for beginners

Bewertet am 22.1.2023

inexpensive alternative to Photoshop. the functions of the software are easy to understand and use once you've familiarised yourself with it. overall I've had a great time learning how to design using this software. I would definitely recommend it for someone who is learning graphic design.

free to use software for beginners who cannot afford the priced alternatives and its just as good.

Functions are hard to use for new users. Prone to latency. limited features.

• Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A great free program for illustrators

Bewertet am 29.11.2019

I've used Illustrator a lot more than Inkscape, but I do like Inkscape and I recommend it for people who can't justify paying for Illustrator.

It's free! If you don't want to pay for Adobe Illustrator or other expensive software, or if you are just a hobbyist, you can't beat Inkscape.

Because it's free, the functionality is not quite as robust as software like Adobe Illustrator. Of course, you would expect that from a free program.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

I didn't choose it over Illustrator, I use both.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Inkscape is a worthwhile open-source vector platform

Bewertet am 23.11.2019

Inkscape has been invaluable for us as a solution for staffers who don’t do enough vector work to require a Creative Cloud subscription, but occasionally have to do graphical work. Because it’s not user-friendly, I hesitate to recommend it as a full-service corporate solution, but as a low-cost option or a stand-in, it’s very serviceable.

Inkscape is powerful—it has deep functionality, and allows users to do almost anything they want to do with vector graphics.
Secondly, Inkscape is free. Price point is definitely an advantage.

Inkscape is not user-friendly. It takes a lot of time to learn, and even some basic functionality will require making use of the support documentation.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Price point. For our users who are working with vector graphics daily, we preferred Creative Cloud.
Nicole
Nicole
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Best free tool similar to Illustrator

Bewertet am 8.4.2022

Overall, we needed a low to no-cost alternative to Illustrator for our small nonprofit and Inkscape fits that dynamic perfectly, allowing us to create logos and other needed artwork for our fundraising campaigns.

Inkscape allows complete productivity without paying. The software is easy to use if someone has experience with Illustrator.

I haven't found any features about Inkscape that I do not like at this point!

Antonio
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best free vector graphics software

Bewertet am 29.1.2021

I used it to create icons for my small business and for the larger clients we had. It was a quick and easy way to create vector graphics. I also used it for our comics. We would trace the drawn comics to blow them up to be printed as posters. I also managed to blow up some comics for use on merch websites that required crazy high resolution source files. I LOVE the program and now I use it in tandem with another similar software I bought at the beginning of the year mainly for the tracing option.

It is free and it does everything other vector graphic softwares do! Unlike some of the competitors it actually has a decent tracing option.

It takes way too long for it to start. Other than that, everything is amazing, but I spent minutes every time I tried to start the program. It was on the computer that would start comparable software in under a second.

Adobe Illustrator und Affinity Designer

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

It was free and had all (or in one case more) options that the rest.
Joshua
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Inkscape offers an Illustrator-like experience, if you're willing to poke around.

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

I use Inkscape frequently for creating documents and image assets on our website, email marketing platform, and social media platforms. Like I said, the interface took some getting used to (the differences are just...a little weird sometimes), but I'm quite comfortable in the basics and learning new things every day!

Elephant in the room: it's free, which is fantastic! It offers a robust feature set that is more than sufficient for my non-power-user needs. Also, since it's open source, its potential for extensibility is huge. The online community is incredibly helpful when I get stuck.

I found the controls to be less intuitive than Illustrator, but once you get used to it this is fine, too!

Micalen
  • Branche: Computerspiele
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Inkscape: Vector Design software for all creators.

Bewertet am 26.6.2022

Inkscape shouldn't really be compared to other software which specializes in illustrations such as Krita. Inkscape is always first a vector design software and one of the best at that. It requires more technical skills than artistic but both artist and graphic designers and even game designers can make full use of this software.

It's vector design is my favorite thing. I've tried creating logos as rasterized images in other software but they scale horribly. However, as vectors they are perfect and Inkscape does vectors best. The large amount of tools allows me to truly create anything. I use it for logos but also for specialized lettering and sound effects for comics. And it's a free software!

As far as UI it's not the best looking and can be confusing. You will definitely need to learn how to use the software to its full capacity.

Waqas
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Top quality graphics editing software

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

It is full featured vector based graphic editing software with lots of extension available. Their website provides good manual for using the software. As a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator is came handy.

It is great software for vector based graphics (SVG) creation and editing. It provide lots of vector editing tools. Most important tool in Inkscape is Node selection which is alternative to direct selection tool of Illustrator. It is free alternative to adobe Illustrator.

Sometimes the processing is slow. User Interface is not user friendly. Require extensive learning curve. Issues with editing Illustrator files.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best tool for small business

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

Apart from not being the chosen solution for the printing industry, Inkscape works as well as all the other solutions, it opens the files produced by them and exports to their format.
Inkscape does not require the purchasing of a license, making it perfect for small businesses.
It is easy to work and working with it is just like working with the best software your money can buy.

Inkscape has all the features the major vector illustration tools provide, with more control over the end result, the file, and is distributed under a GPL license, meaning it is free of charge and free to be modified by knowledgeable developers.
It provides ways to implement new features via scripts, and also has a great developers' environment, continuously working on improvements for the tool.

Other than the fact that the publishing industry does not use it as the standard, there are no downside in using it.

James
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

Inkscape - Flexible, Easy to use vector editor and graphics design layout tool

Bewertet am 17.10.2023

As with any small organization there is a need to balance efficiency with cost. Over the years I have used several of the commercial vector art software packages available. I find that in inkscape I can easily match 90% of the capabilities of the commercial software. When you evaluate the cost of licensing commercial software for each of the staff computers compared to the 10% increase in features you can then determine whether the cost increase is worth it. In our case, as a library, the answer was that the additional features added little to the ability to create the content we need.

I frequently am handed details on an upcoming event and need to turn out flyers, posters and other media for it in just a short period of time. With Inkscape I can quickly and efficiently bring together existing artwork (e.g. logos), new clipart, and create graphic elements to form a broad range of media with consistent style and content.

The one area that I would like to see improved most is handling large sections of text. As a vector art tool you can easily modify individual words and letter by warping, distorting, clipping and more. But when it comes to doing a block of text that needs to dynamically wrap around other elements on the page Inkscape is not as intuitive as it might be. This is improving with each new release and I am anxious to see what develops over the next few updates.

Debbie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Inkscape from a Person who is not techie

Bewertet am 31.1.2023

Inkscape can be used to create logos, icons, illustrations, and graphics for print, web, and mobile applications. It can be used to create marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, and advertisements. It can also be used to create technical diagrams for reports, presentations, and manuals.BenefitsThe main benefit of using Inkscape is that it is free and open source, making it accessible to anyone with a computer. It is also very user-friendly and intuitive, allowing even novice users to create professional-looking images. Inkscape also supports multiple file formats, allowing users to export their work in a variety of ways. Finally, Inkscape features a number of tools and features that make it easy to create complex graphics with relative ease.

1. Inkscape is free and open-source, so it is available for anyone to use without having to pay for a license. 2. It is easy to use, with an intuitive user interface and comprehensive set of features. 3. It is highly compatible with other vector graphics software, allowing you to easily export and import files from other programs. 4. It has a wide range of features and tools, making it suitable for both experienced and novice users.5. Inkscape is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms, making it accessible to a wide range of users.

1. Inkscape is not as powerful as more expensive vector graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator.2. The user interface can be confusing for some users, as there are a lot of options and tools available.3. The software is not as well-supported or updated as other vector graphics software, so users may not get the same level of customer support.

David
David
  • Branche: Großhandel

Open Source Vector Graphics Software

Bewertet am 7.4.2019

I really like it over all you can do everything you need that all of the other paid softwares can do with exception to working with CMYK formats, this software is that good that when they get to integrate the CMYK color format as a printout file, a great majority of the people in the printing industry will switch to it. Is so well thought that is possible to designs faster than illustrator and corel draw, many of the tools make the job easier plus you can give a donation of 30 bucks or 100 bucks or 10 a year depending on you, but you get so much power for every cent or dollar you donate to the inkscape team.

- The amount of stuff you can do with this Open Source software is outstanding and the quality is superb, you can create all the graphics necessary for your websites, motion graphics, banners, games and animations.
- Also is possible to export to a variety of file formats supported by adobe, save images with transparency and even create DXF files for CNC and G code machine cuts, even use your plotter straight out of the software with a plug in.

- May have a bit of a steep learning curve since it is open source but there is ton of documentation and videos in youtube to overcome this challenge.
- With heavy graphics the program can crash if you do not save your work on layers so you can turn off finished work and work on layers, but can be overcomed with constant saving.
- It can be confusing when you select graphics because it’s highlighted only with a dotted box.
- Some tools don't work in a logical manner.
- It does not support CMYK colors.

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My "Go-To" for Vector Images and Graphics

Bewertet am 8.2.2020

There are a plethora of different applications this software has for business. Design business cards, letterheads, logos, mailers, flyers, and brochures - create a cartoon character or an emoji for your social media pages. Design stickers or a million others things that your business can use to promote. Or, perhaps it is your business to create images for others. Either way, this software can handle it. Personally, I use this software all of the time and I just love to work with it.

Inkscape allows you create and edit beautiful vector images and graphics! With just a little bit of imagination, a user can do so much because the creators have put so much functionality into this software. I have used many different graphics programs and I really prefer Inkscape since getting used to the controls. I use this software to make cartoon graphics of people for use on their social media accounts. Generally, I have to do a lot of edits to get an image exactly the way someone wants it to look. Inkscape makes those changes easy. This software can be used to make simple edits or to create full gorgeous graphics and the best part is that the software is free to use.

This software is certainly not for someone who is not tech savvy. There are some other programs that are more user friendly. However, in my opinion, those programs aren't as dynamic either. Inkscape can be intimidating and a little bit frustrating to even someone who does have some understanding of computer graphics until you learn the ins and outs of the program and where/how the functions are laid out. With that said, once you get in there and play with everything, the program develops an ease of use that will have a person preferring this software over other, much more expensive options.

Vinicius

Review for Inkscape

Bewertet am 6.4.2022

115/40 min
Describe your overall experience with Inkscape(Optional)
It's a powerful and general...

115/40 min
Describe your overall experience with Inkscape(Optional)
It's a powerful and general purpose vector end-user free software, great for a vast professional applications like Web Design, Vector/Graphics Business (cards, flyers, etc.) and so on.

Easy to download, install and use. Doesn't need of high computer requirements, is a lightweight vector software tool.

Some functions are a bit confused for starters, but the documentation is great and help a lot to solve most issues.

CorelDRAW

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Inkscape

Low costs and vast documentation.
Martinus Ignorence
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

InkScape is all Vector

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Inkscape is a fantastic free software and its fundamental center is the making of vector-based designs - it does this particularly well. You can create great SVG illustrations for marking (or some other use, as a matter of fact) yet you should invest energy and examination of the item piece to have the option to receive use it effectively and receive the most in return. On the off chance that you are hoping to deal with raster-based designs, GIMP is a superior choice.

Inkscape is strong programming to draw delightful drawings, for example, vector pictures. The fundamental benefit is that it is free. Picture control should likewise be possible somewhat. At first, it isn't extremely natural in the event that you are utilized to other application programming projects, for example, AutoCAD, yet there are numerous instructional exercises to acquaint with it.

Crashes at some point (yet consistently a make a backup document).Less help on 3D Illustrations. Have to be more creative.

Alexander
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Inkscape: Free and Powerful At Vector Graphics

Bewertet am 18.9.2023

In general, Inkscape is a great and solid software that allows editing vector graphics and helps with designing really well. It is a difficult start for beginners, but then it turns into a loyal tool for intermediate and advanced users. Given time, it can prove a very handy and useful tool, and can easily replace some of the paid alternatives, or even serve as a complementary tool for them. I'm overall satisfied with this product.

The ability of editing things intuitively once the tool is learned well. The options and tools offer a world of possibilities for modifying the vector paths/graphics and there is a lot of control if needed.The software is free-to-use and very capable in general, and can work with raster images and convert them into vectors if needed. Once converted or manually traced, the resulting vectors can be edited and easily modified.Inkscape is in active development and I consider that also a benefit.

The learning curve can be a bit tough in the beginning, although after getting the hang of it, the program turns into a very intuitive tool.From my knowledge, I haven't found a way to "repeat the last action", that would be a great addition if it is taken into account, as that's an important feature that helps and makes the design process quicker.The interface could be further improved and modernized, although it is not much of a problem as it is.

Ethan
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great alternative when you need a general vector creation and editing tool

Bewertet am 31.10.2021

While not Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape does have the ability to produce professional results in the hands of a trained, knowledge-able user. When trying to first learn about vector graphics and get practice, Inkscape was invaluable, and then later when working for pay doing certain graphic work, Inkscape has been a solid tool.
If you need a vector editor to get you started, don't have to have the big budget bleeding edge new tools, or need to edit a graphic at a location where you don't have access to any mainstream vector software, Inkscape is really hard to beat.

-Tool to trace raster images into a rough vector duplicate
-Ability to import PDF files
-Price(free) for the amount of features and tools

Has a decent number of the general tools needed to perform professional work for creating and editing vector graphics. I have used it for a variety of purposes like websites, newsletters, business card logos, and a few other random purposes along the way, as well.

The color gradient editor feels clunky and not very efficient to me. There have been times I have wished the trace tool had more coding work dedicated to it to make it more accurate and able to generate better results that didn't need as much editing to make them acceptable. As is somewhat expected, the tools work well enough for a lot of general purpose editing etc, but being an open source and mostly volunteer based coding and development team, Inkscape does often lack the newer features and workflow enhancements of larger, well funded, for-profit companies that make similar software.

• Branche: Import und Export
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Inkscape is thee free software for all skill levels

Bewertet am 10.5.2022

Overall I rate the product highly. It can do almost everything that I need it to do, is easy to learn and is free. There is nothing currently that would make me look for something else.

I like that it is free, the software is easy to use and there are countless tutorials online on how to use the product. If you want to do anything and do not know how to do it, you can find it on YouTube. That is how I learned and although I would not consider myself and expert, I am good enough.

There are a few things that I do not like and that is that the software can crash randomly sometimes 10 times in 30 mins. It is infuriating. Also, there can be issues with importing graphics if the formatting is slightly off. Also the options for CMYK colors are limited.