ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Telekommunikation

What I think about ManageEngine NCM

Bewertet am 26.7.2023

Using it, we can manage our network devices, backup and restore configurations, and even automate the deployment of configurations to group of devices at the same time.

Our IT infrastructure benefits greatly from backup and restores features. In case of disaster or power outage, we are so concerned about saving our devices' configurations.

The backup process for Huawei devices was a bit challenging for me, but apart from that I was satisfied with the product.

Daniel
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Good product for Cisco Users

Bewertet am 15.5.2021

I recently completed a cybersecurity audit which identified a lack of automated network config backup. This product was purchased to fill that whole, but it ended up being much more useful. I have used it to clean up all of my configs and it made increasing the security of my configs much easier.

This software is great for Cisco Users as it has a bunch of pre-defined templates available. I haven't found any Cisco equipment without a template so far. I really like the ability to create my own compliance rules and then easily create config-lets to automate correcting problems. For instance when I want to make sure that https access is disabled I create a rule that scans the config for "ip http server" and if it finds that it flags it as non-compliant. I can then create a quick script that will login to the switch, go to config mode, enter "no ip http server", write the config, and logout.

There are a few areas that could use some polish but nothing major. It doesn't always recognize new equipment during the discovery process. It will know that a device is there but not know what type of device. Once you manually assign the product type it works fine.

SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

I have had very good sucess with other ManageEngine products such as AD Self Service. They have very responsive customer service and are constantly providing improvements to their products.
faisal
  • Branche: Automotive

op manager review

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

it is installed but not properly configured, even contacted managengine heads in gitex, but they did not even call. This isbthe treatment for 2nd biggest company of saudi arabia

amazing features , backup is good option

lots of feature but no support on configuration from vendor and system integration people lacks of knowledge.

Chris
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Sysadmin reviews a networking product

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

Pretty good, I had used this at a previous job when I was a network engineer. Solved our 2 main problems, switch backup, switch upgrades

Runs on linux, easy to install, does the basics well

script/macro engine is weak, would prefer a full fledged script language, maybe a python hook.
One feature it doesn't have is what we call cdp, its a custom script that will keep track of the switch and its neighbor, it allows allows search by ip or Mac to find physical port.

Greg
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Manage Engine Config Management

Bewertet am 29.3.2022

overall good experience

overall good experience

overall appearance of app quick responsive and detailed

some device setup challenging not able to see what is needed at times

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Takes patience to get right, but overall a great product

Bewertet am 6.12.2021

It took some time to get it set up right, and had to jump through a few hoops to get it to backup the WLCs. But once all was setup , the product runs great and is very usefull.

Support for multiple vendors. Easy to configure templates. Quick and responsive UI.

Discovery and addition not very accurate. Adding a node is not straight forward. Can't modify names of nodes. Can't search through nodes.

Jesse
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Excellent network management and auditing

Bewertet am 3.6.2022

So far our experience with this solution has been excellent. We needed a custom script wrote for some of our newer HP AOS-CX switches and support had that completed for us in less than 3 days. The customization and audit ability of this product is excellent and highly recommended.

The ease of setup, overall capabilities, and potential for in-depth customization in this product is unmatched in my experience. We have tried other manufacturers but they all lacked the ability to interact with such a wide array of products.

What I like least about this product is the amount of clicking required to change switch version baselines. This could be made more simple by providing shortcut selections on the devices screen.

WeConfig und SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

Its price, capabilities, and customer support made it the clear winner.
Prodromos
  • Branche: Bau

Quick , easy , accurate product to control your devices

Bewertet am 6.3.2023

I almost login every day to the console , because i still implement new things. Generally i am trying to create reports to read them everyday and take the appropriate actions . The product has save me a lot of time from accessing each device one by one to make config and fine-tune actions .

The user friendly gui interface where you can do anything you want . The reports and the policies you can build to align the config , but also control your devices with one-click .

The license schema regarding the users , especially to give to more users just view options .

SolarWinds Service Desk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

Because while i was trying the product , i had great support so it was possible to review the product fair .
James
  • Branche: Automotive

Perfect for us.

Bewertet am 15.6.2023

Our overall experience with the product was great. Their pricing is very competitive, the product was easy to install and configure, and in no time we were backing up the configurations of all of our network devices which is exactly what we wanted. We have also configured automatic change notification email alerts when any change is made on any of our network configurations.

The most important features for us are the automatic configuration backups of all of our network devices. NCM is very easy to use and very easy to implement.

I would like the ability for real time monitoring for our network devices with notification when they are no longer reachable. NCM alerts us via email when a device fails the hourly automatic config backup, which is nice, but quite what we would like from a monitoring perspective. However NCM is not a monitoring product and ManageEngine sells OpManager for that sort of thing.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The suite of tools provided covers all essential aspects

Bewertet am 16.8.2023

PCI Compliance solutions have significantly simplified the process of adhering to PCI DSS standards for my organization. The dashboard is intuitive and provides a comprehensive overview of the compliance status, allowing us to quickly identify areas that need attention.

The tools continuously monitoring of compliance metrics to quickly identify any deviations and take prompt corrective actions. Automated vulnerability scans that pinpoint potential security vulnerabilities in our systems, helping proactively address security risks. Implementing encryption mechanisms to protect sensitive data at rest and in transit, a fundamental aspect of PCI DDS compliance.

Overall costly, But the solution that will remain effective in the long run.

Brian
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Company and Software Support

Bewertet am 11.5.2020

We were looking for a simple and easy to use management software that reflected out customer test environment and gave us customization and ease of use management software we could use to manage our lab.

I love the ease of management and the simplicity of using the software. Everything is laid out in a very seamless and logical manner and nothing stands out as being out of place or located in some buried menu somewhere. Everything is easy to access and navigate through and the support, if needed, is always there and ready to help.

Cost can be a little off-putting at first but once you realize the value you're getting for your money it's more than worth the cost.

N-sight

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

Price, ease of use, and quality of support.

Antwort von ManageEngine

Hey Brian, thanks for your valuable feedback. This drives us to keep improving our products.

Tony
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Network configuration Manager Review

Bewertet am 26.10.2022

We like the product it's not very expensive and is able to capture most of our switches, routers and appliances.

Backups configs, provides compliance policies does PCI.

No network Map of all the locations, and very difficult to integrate templates unless I engage support.

Johan
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Opmanager NCM

Bewertet am 26.2.2020

Backups of configs of our switches.

You get a nice overview in graphs/reports which switches have...

Backups of configs of our switches.

You get a nice overview in graphs/reports which switches have been backed up successfully.

I like the nice interface and the responsive support that remotely helps in case of problems.
It is easy to shedule backups of configs of your switches and to verify what changes have been done to these configs or compare configs.
Scripting for deploying vlan's across several switches for example is also an easy task.

Although the interface is nice ;if you sometimes look for something it is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for because there are so many things where you can click onto....
It is a pity that Vlan overviews and some other useful info are a separate product (included in portmapper);I think it should be included by default into NCM.

Donald

Great product

Bewertet am 7.6.2023

I love manage engine products. In addition, I love how you can combine multiple products.

I like the customer support and ease of deployment. You can't find a better product in this price range.

I really cannot think of anything. This is a great product.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Price point and value
Arief
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Very good

Bewertet am 8.8.2023

Helpfull tools, especially when device down ang we need restore configuration to new device, fast and easy.

Backup configuration, and version configuration change, easy to use and monitor

User interface tool looks like heavy to load, need good spec to load

Andrey
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Good config manager for Network Devices

Bewertet am 13.6.2023

ease of installation, ease of use. Great customer support

firmware upgrades are a little complex and take forever to complete

Will
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Product

Bewertet am 13.12.2023

Great process, Great product. It is a no nonsense approach to backup and manage your network devices

Easy to setup and was able to manage devices quickly

Version control could get a little confusing at first but I got used to it

Jordan

NCM is the Real Deal

Bewertet am 26.7.2023

Real time change managment is the most used feature for me, being able to make changes in real time and montior any changes being made. All while prevent anyabody from making changes which might impact the network. Config Managment has replaced SCCM for me and being able to also automate task is a real game changer.

I find it difficult using the Auditing feature. Its design and layout make it hard to really capture the information i want.

Peter
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Great Customer Support

Bewertet am 19.7.2022

We mainly use NCM to ensure that we have usable backup in case of critical failure

Product is easy to use but when issues do occur the support is great

I sometimes feel that the different elements of the opmanager suite don't hang together as seamlessly as they could, the information is always there it just finding it.

Adam

Discover your Network

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

Device discovery makes my life so easy, by discovering and recording devices on the network so i can find devices quickly and also provides informative inventory to help when auditing. Config Backup allows me to ensure all configs are backed up and ready to use in case of diaster.

Not the least favourite but compliance to industry standards is not required for my network and my company.

Jonathan
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Network Configuration Manager is a reliable way to backup your network assets

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

Overall easy to setup and maintain throughout the years. NCM works efficiently and is fairly reliable. A convenient way to centralize your critical network assets configuration and guarantee an easy recovery in case of disasters or human mistakes.

The product is easy to set up and understand. The ManageEngine team is always there to help you and support you during the process and after. The product brings tons of features including network assets vulnerabilities management system, configuration backups, and more. It's an affordable piece of software that covers an important part of an IT team day-to-day.

The lack of support for more specific devices, however ManageEngine often provides support and alternatives. The ability to integrate a wide spectrum of brands and OS would bring to a more competitive level.

Kali Prasad
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software to manage your network.

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

User friendly interface and easy to use.

User friendly interface and easy to use.

I love the configuration manager. Its easy to compare old config with new one and ability to find out the wrong entry.

Nothing specific found in it. It's just awesome

Yariv
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

NCM - the best compliance tool for network devices

Bewertet am 12.1.2022

To comply with CIS standard we have build the compliance rules to all network devices. It was easy to write it and manage it. Reports were accepted by audit.
Network configuration backup and change management was just a bonus.

Support all Network devices out there, create backups and change management to network devices.
allow to create complicated compliance rules .

ability to export compliance rules to share with others is missing.

Edgar
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NCM, Fast, Reliable at an Acceptable Value

Bewertet am 14.8.2020

It is a simple tool with good functionalities, at a low cost for the functionalities it brings.

The most interesting thing is the ease of installation and configuration to start with the monitoring of network devices.

It could be pointed out that what I did not like about the tool is the need for another tool to create more advanced reports than those available in the tool in an agile and simple way.

Dhanasekar

Network configuration mnager

Bewertet am 21.3.2023

Good

Good

we use NCM extensively for backup of our network devices. Keeping track of changes. Complaince feature.

There are no features in particular that is missing. It covers majority of vendors and devices.