Adobe InDesign

Layout and page design software

Sortieren nach

Evelyn
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Great Design Software

Bewertet am 27.8.2022

It is a great design software and there is no doubt about it, but I found myself been lesser productive using InDesign than a free alternative as Inkscape for most of the designs we have to produce.

It is super powerful in what regards with tools, capabilities and integrations.
Barely any design might be made with this piece of software.

It is expensive.
It does not have a great user interface.
Many tools are not as intuitive as they should.
Many equal tools from Adobe Photoshop work fairly different in this software, then somehow they don't keep the same language despite both softwares came from the same home.

Inkscape und CorelDRAW

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

InDesign is barely the standard nowadays in companies to design.

CorelDRAW

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

I do employ most of designs pieces of software, notwithstanding I rather use Inkscape for daily use designs.
Gentian

The best Layout editor

Bewertet am 27.8.2022

In someone’s graphic design career, Adobe, in general, is a must-have, and InDesign is one of the three main pillars of Printing Design. Highly recommended.

In its overall professionalism, what I like the most is the way InDesign handles multiple pages, all kinds of elements, photos, graphics, etc. all that through the impeccable link managing.

I don't think there’s something to improve. It is as good as I want. Period.

Aleksandar
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The most versatile and the most feature rich DTP application - but do you really need all that

Bewertet am 20.3.2022

Never, never had any problem or issue. All job done with the perfect precision.

Adobe inDesign is professional standard - must have application if you work in DTP industry. Even you dont make final prepress in inDesign, you have to have one working place with inDesign, because most of clients will send their creations in inDesign .indd format. And, there are no job or task you cannot complete with inDesign.

inDesign as solo application is not solution for business. You need additional photo and vector drawing tools, and then we come to Adobe Suite... and we then come to subscription ... and prices ... and ... there are no cheap way to runaway from Adobe ecosystem anytime in future.

QuarkXPress und Affinity Publisher

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

In one job position in our publishing office, we have to have one inDesign license because our clients.
Justin

Adobe InDesign: An industry standard, for so many reasons

Bewertet am 29.6.2022

I literally couldn't function as a business owner without it. Even the 'cons' I listed are not critical. I often start and end my projects in InDesign, even if Photoshop and Illustrator are a part of the process. Highly recommended for those looking for an industry best practice!

I primarily use this product for page layout. From brochures to booklets to single page flyers. I've even started using it recently to create vector art. This latter use case shows how InDesign has evolved over the years to further integrate with other Adobe products. InDesign is also very user friendly and allows me to seamlessly make edits to documents on the fly and turn around new drafts for clients within minutes.

This is not so much an InDesign-specific issue. Rather, an Adobe products issue. I continue to struggle with the fact that Adobe organizes tools, filters, etc. differently between each of the primary programs (Illustrator; InDesign; Photoshop). It makes sense that each software has its own unique tool set. But for the tools where there is apples-to-apples crossover, it would be helpful if they could be found within the same navigation dropdown.

Markus
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Layouts for Ads, Brochures or Posters - perfect for our daily business.

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

Since i'm working in advertising, im using InDesign. After QuarkXpress at the beginning, InDesign overruled it and is now the perfect tool for our and my daily business.

The easy handling and the easy drag and drop from other Adobe Suits Apps.

Could be more collaborative with multi-user functions, like the usage in apps from Google. Maybe for the next 2023 version?

Carolina
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

the best program for complex layouts

Bewertet am 11.8.2022

What I like the most is the possibility to adapt your designs easily and above all the printing advisor, which allows you to print booklet type copies in a very easy way.

The only downside is the price of the license, but I think that for professionals who need to make complex compositions it is worth every penny.

karolinne
  • Branche: Fotografie

Avaliação InDesign

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

Muito boa, é uma ferramenta completa com funções muito uteis na hora da diagramação do álbum ou revista.

Gosto das ferramentas, com elas podemos criar layouts inovadores e criativos. Gosto da integração do Id com as outras ferramentas da adobe. Gosto dos pinceis de edição.

Não gosto do carregamento, é um pouco lento pois o software é muito pesado por ter uma variedade de funções.

Sarah
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid Publishing Design Tool

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

Initially is a little daunting for new users to get up to speed, but once you do this program is a powerful tool for both print and digital publishing layouts. Would recommend for sure!

InDesign seamlessly meshes with other Adobe products which is great. Love being able to use the libraries feature and have all our brand content at my fingertips.

Love that there is a collaborative editing/share for review feature, but also wish that multiple users could work in the same document in real-time. Would love if a spelling and grammar checker were automatically included too. Would be helpful for longer, text heavy documents.

Richard
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Take your Publication Design(book, news paper, brochure) to the next Level

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

Overall I have benefited a lot working with Adobe InDesign on all my publication projects . Checking my imposition and keeping my design well organized.

The A master page which allows users to have control over all pages . Also, the software has a simple interface because of its similarity to the Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. The most amazing thing is that after working, the user can package the project with all media and fonts. The ability to create a style sheet for text designs and many more to ensure consistency and save time.

There is nothing I really don't like about this software.

Adobe Illustrator
Jerico

Design application for professionals

Bewertet am 25.8.2022

I've been using InDesign for about 22 years and its been great on layouts on prints and even web.

Bugs can be introduced on every updates, like what I have right now are palettes gone upon opening the app. This may be resolved with reinstallation but bothersome.

Md Fateh Ali
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best software to create designs for print and publishing media.

Bewertet am 12.6.2022

Adobe InDesign helps me a lot to create newsletters, magazines, brochures, flyers, and marketing materials design. I really feel comfortable designing with this amazing software. The functionality and features seem easy to me as an adobe user. If you are familiar with other design software like Photoshop and Illustrator, it will be easy to operate for you.

Adobe InDesign is one of my favorite software to create a design for print and publishing media. The user interface is pretty good and similar to other Adobe software like Photoshop and illustrator. That's why it's easier to design with this tool. It's capable of doing a great job in gutters, alignment, spacing, typography, and advance layout.

Pricing and lack of advanced features in terms of pages and frames. It takes tremendous resources to operate this tool.

CorelDRAW

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

Scribus is pretty good for beginners. If you go for advanced work, it can't meet all the goals. Here, I found Adobe InDesign one of the best.

Scribus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

It's the most familiar product of adobe and I am good at adobe design software.
Ernesto Alfonso
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Diseño de impresión inmejorable

Bewertet am 13.5.2022

Es lo mejor para ediciones bellas , modernas y profesionales.

La capacidad de incorporar diseño gráfico y diseño editorial con InDesign es posible, es muy completo, puedes añadir a tus textos una belleza inmejorable con la edición. Formato, fuentes, columnas, crear libros, revistas, posters.
Es muy liviano y potente, su exportación a acualquier formato es impecable.

Se requiere conocimientos de todas sus herramientas para poder aprovechar al máximo sus capacidades, por ello hay que entrenarse y estuadorlo, no es tan amigable e intuitivo.

Pages und Microsoft 365

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

Por la capacidad de dar forma total a la edición, además que existen plantillas que incorporan diseño gráfico muy moderno y limpio.

Pages und Microsoft Word

Joshua

An Underrated Software That's the Real Money Maker

Bewertet am 6.4.2022

For me, Indesign is a life-changing software that has enabled me to reach not only my goals but my dreams of publishing a full-blown magazine. I have sent over 2 million files to print, every one of them created in Indesign. It's my bread and butter.

Photoshop gets all the attention but Indesign is the unsung hero of the print design world. It doesn't get the viral tutorials or talked about much but it's the real money maker in my opinion. I have mastered this software and with every job I get, it becomes the backbone. Assembling complex PDFs for online distribution or creating magazines or even large format print documents. I simply love Indesign. The recent round of updates is amazing and really improves the overall experience. I have always loved how it perfectly balances complexity and simplicity. It's my babe. All the other designers come to me for Indesign needs because they skipped over it. A shame, but I don't mind as it keeps the money coming in.

I can't find a complaint. The only issue was how small the interface was, has now been corrected in this last update.

Sam

Layout design made easy

Bewertet am 15.11.2021

When it comes to multi-page layouts and designs, Adobe InDesign has tremendously improved my productivity. To come up with the greatest layouts for my designs, I can easily align text and develop different styles. When designing on a larger scale, InDesign definitely comes in handy. I also really like the guides and alignment options that InDesign has to offer.  While its shortcuts and user interface appear to be less intuitive than Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, it is still an incredibly useful program that can be used in conjunction with other Adobe programs. I think it's a must-have for the majority of designers.

For me, InDesign has been quite beneficial with the work I do. It's arguably the Adobe product I use more than any other option.  When it comes to layouts, InDesign is far superior to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. The amount of guidelines and item snapping are two of Adobe InDesign's biggest strengths. When aligning text and photos, for example, all of the elements snap into place and effortlessly align with each other. InDesign also makes it simple to generate new spreads and pages, as well as rearrange them if the layout needs to be changed.  When I'm trying out different design possibilities on a spread and need to experiment with different widths and page orientations, InDesigns alternative layouts feature comes in handy.

InDesign accomplishes a lot of things effectively, but it has one major flaw: its shortcuts and features differ significantly from those of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. These inconsistencies irritate me because I have to continuously halt and consider which program I'm using. Anchor points with the pen tool in InDesign interact differently than anchor points in other Adobe programs. More uniformity between Adobe applications is something I'd like to see more of.

Ruffin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly powerful graphic layout software

Bewertet am 29.6.2022

I have been using this software for over 10 years and at this point I am so comfortable and accustomed to using InDesign that I no longer use basic text-editing software like MS Word. The software is definitely geared towards graphic arts and publication professionals so it is not an easy software to learn per se, but in my experience it's capabilities and functionality are unparalleled.

InDesign is an incredibly powerful and capable software for graphic/print design layout. It is designed to integrate with the other Adobe Creative Cloud (formerly Creative Suite) software (primarily Illustrator and Photoshop) and for the most part it integrates seamlessly when used correctly. There's an endless amount of tutorials, guides, and troubleshooting available online so it can be easy to figure things out on your own if you're already somewhat familiar with the software. There are also lots of paid and free plug-ins and scripts available online that can expand InDesign's functionality for specific needs.

One of the biggest qualms with InDesign is that it is currently only available as a subscription model. This can make it more affordable for users who only need access for a short period, but power users who use the software regularly will need to plan on paying for a subscription for the entire time they need the software. While the subscription model allows for regular update releases, that can be problematic when dealing with files that were generated from software versions different than your own.

Alarna
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great Software but not suitable for beginners

Bewertet am 20.7.2022

When I first started using this product I found it a bit difficult to navigate through but as time went on I got to love it. Overall I think Adobe InDesign is a very useful and well laid out program. There are so many features to use to make an excellent end product. However, I think Adobe should make available with purchasing the program a short course to teach new users how to properly navigate the interface.

There are many tools available to create amazing products. I personally love how each tool has a keyboard shortcut that comes in very handy once you are familiar to the interface. InDesign provides loads of different fonts and is great for integrating graphics and images into all the projects that you are working on, example brochures, business cards, magazines etc. One of the cool features that I love about InDesign is the bleed feature, which ensures that your business cards or brochures do not end up with a white strip along the edge of your print work.

It is expensive when you do not use other adobe products and requires a monthly subscription. The program has many advanced features that require a lot of patience to learn your way around making it not user friendly for beginners. It also uses quite a bit of RAM to run this program and can take some time to load.

Scribus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

Because of its many features
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

InDesign is the Premiere Document Layout Tool

Bewertet am 12.11.2021

I have been using InDesign for over fifteen years and have used it to successfully design everything from reports and infographics to album and novel covers. After learning it once, it remains intuitive and powerful--it is the only document layout tool I've used where I am able to create whatever design I can imagine. It has earned me plaudits for good design and clarity of communication. Above all, it has enhanced the professionalism of the materials I produce, always making the information contained therein clearer.

InDesign is the most powerful and fully featured document layout tool available. It provides flexible, easy to use layering that enables advanced overlays and far more complicated designs than are possible with a more traditional layout tool. What's more, with a wide variety of font types and masking tools, the sky is the limit for making professional looking documents. It is flexible enough to lay out everything from infographics to multi-column reports to covers and posters. Plus, it brings the power of the Adobe Suite through integrations with Photoshop, Illustrator, and more.

There are few features I've encountered that are missing for InDesign. That said, the learning curve for can be steep for someone who has no experience with design products, particularly those of the Adobe Suite. That said, Adobe provides ample learning resources so that users can get up to speed fairly quickly. InDesign integrated seamlessly into our report production workflow, so I fully recommend it.

Jennifer
  • Branche: Eventservice

Design Solution

Bewertet am 27.1.2022

Adobe is hard to get support from, but you can always Google and get answers.

I love being able to integrate graphics and images easily into layouts with linked graphics/fonts easily packaged.

I have no complaints! I love InDesign!! I have used it as a designer for over 25 years and will until I no longer design. Best layout software ever!

QuarkXPress und CorelDRAW

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

The printing industry made a shift and this is what was being used.

QuarkXPress

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

Ease of use and industry standard.
Mario Humberto
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Otimo aplicativo para criação de livros e revistas ou catalogos

Bewertet am 20.6.2022

Facil de usar tem melhorado a longo do tempo desde o pagemaker acompanho o lançamento do aplicativo desde 1999 e tem mudado muito e tambem precisa de um equipamento bom para trabalhar com ele e otimo e sempre foi util em todos os projetos que relizei para meus clientes.

Facil de usar tem ferramentas que te ajudam ao trabalhar em edição e criação de revistas o jornais edição de livros muitas fontes que dao um acabamento excelente ao seu produto

o preço da licença, poderia ser mais acessivel tenho muitos clientes e recomendo a ferramenta o otimo de se trabalhar para crtiação de libros catalogos com grane numeros de paginas otima qualidade na impresao

Adobe Photoshop

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

ja usei a ferramenta e para designer grafico criação de revistas catalogos e excelente ajuda muito pelas ferramentas e qualidade para finalização da arte

Adobe Photoshop

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

utilizo a ferramenta desde o lançãmento da versao 1 em 1999 estava na faculdade e precisava fazer meus trabalhos de tesis e usaba o pagemaker depois saiu a versao do adobe indesign e começei a usar e acompanho as versões atualizadas
Marija

Best Layout and Publishing software for proffesionals

Bewertet am 13.5.2022

Adobe InDesign is easy to work with once you get a hang of it. I also have Adobe CC so it is my go to for 99% of all of the publishing and printing projects.

Adobe InDesign is NOT an easy drag and drop software, and as such it takes some time to master it, but if you do you will get all encompassing tool for printing and publishing. It offers all the functions to make your designs work in almost any scenarios. Master pages are amazing time savers so you don't need to copy and paste repeating elements on each and every page of your book, magazine or brochure. You can also setup automatic page numbering, chapter naming or Table of contents, which are all huge time savers. It is the best software for text editing especially for the large text blocks like books or magazines.

Adobe InDesign's biggest strength is also it's biggest weakness, it should be used as a part of Adobe Creative Cloud collaborative tools, which means if you need Photo Editing or Vector Editing and design you will need to that in Photoshop because these tools are non existent in InDesign. So if you are looking to by cheap software you need to look somewhere else, this is not for you. In order to unlock all of the powerful tools you need to have all of Adobe's Creative Cloud suite of applications.

Hayden
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

It's a great editorial piece of software, but look into Affinity Publisher

Bewertet am 28.3.2022

When you need a publishing software, InDesign might be the number one choice for most professionals, and there is a good reason for it. It integrates very well with the Adobe design software suite and can make your life very easy depending on what you are working with.
I do however been using Affinity Publisher more and more and been trying to switch completely in the next few years, since I already own the software and love how powerful is.
Choose your poison, you can't go wrong with InDesign and if you subscribe to the whole suite thi is a no-brainer.

It's a very powerful and quite the industry standard software to use

It's quite expensive if you don't need to use other Adobe products.

Affinity Publisher

Warum Adobe InDesign gewählt wurde

It's the more relevant piece of software these days.

QuarkXPress

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

I use both, depending on the project.
Cushi
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A great tool for experienced designers to create beautiful, highly custom print or digital...

Bewertet am 8.3.2022

Generally, I enjoy working with this software. it allows me to work between Photoshop and Illustrator while using it in a seamless way, which is essential for my workflow when designing. It's feature rich and has more than everything you'd need to create exceptional designs for things such as: portfolios, information packages, pitch decks, business cards, and more.

I like that this program easily integrates with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator making importing of files exceptionally easy, even if the file is currently open in one of those other programs. I also love the simplicity of the drag and drop editor, the various views that show guides or print preview while working, the comprehensive keyboard shortcuts, and the straight forward PDF export process. I'd highly recommend this program to designers, but if you are a solopreneur without design experience looking for a graphic design solution that you can utilize yourself, I'd suggest Canva as the learning curve is less steep

I am completely frustrated that there is no way to allow the color picker to work like Photoshop's. Also, the color swatches should work as simply and easily as they do in Photoshop as well. Instead they are complex and not the least bit intuitive.

Canva und Affinity Designer

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe InDesign

I chose ID because of my familiarity with the Adobe suite as well as my preference of the user interface compared to Affinity Designer. I chose over Canva because as an experienced designer, the Adobe suite gives me more control over my work.
Minelly
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very high functionalities for page setups

Bewertet am 11.5.2022

InDesign is my go-to program when it comes to creating or modifying a visual composition. I did my last product catalog with this program. It was a charm!

InDesign offers the ability to create a neat, high-quality document that can support many types of files at once. For example, if you have an image, text, shapes and some colouring, it will keep the vector aspect of the whole composition. Navigating through the menus is very clear and intuitive.
Another key feature is the possibility to create 'styles' for text and paragraphs. This means that if a certain type of text needs to be repeated many types on the page, you can simply click on the style and it will automatically convert it to the registered setting.
InDesign lets you create very detailed documents with a multitude of tools & options available.

It does require a monthly subscription that could be pricey to some. It also uses a lot of RAM out of your hard drive to operate the program.

Bojana
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Perfect for Creating Digital Content

Bewertet am 15.6.2022

As a graphic designer, I use Adobe InDesign daily and it gives me all the tools needed to create beautiful layouts. It's perfect for creating content like flyers, brochures, posters, newspapers, presentations, ebooks, and any files, whether they are digital or printable use.

I am a creator of digital files, mostly digital planners, and using Adobe Design has helped me a lot to speed up the creation process. It's one of the best multi-page design software. Large files with over 500 pages and over 1000 hyperlinks can be easily created using master pages, which further simplifies the whole process. As the paperless era begins to take hold, InDesign has followed up with a series of interactivity features that allows the production of digital books, magazines, invitations, or any other format. I have a lot of experience using InDesign for interactive documents, and it does offer some impressive features that allow me to create animated documents complete with audio and video.

I have no complaints about the software and how it works. I like to use InDesign, but maybe the only complaint would be that it has a monthly fee. I'd rather pay once.

M Choiril
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Layout magazines & books so much easier

Bewertet am 21.1.2022

Overall I am very comfortable using this, although at first, it was difficult to learn to understand this software. But as I worked on many tasks, I finally got used to it and there are so many amazing features of this software. My layout work is faster and easier because it is assisted by Adobe InDesign software

At first, I was confused about using this software, starting from the previous generation, namely Adobe Pagemaker. But since switching to InDesign it started to feel better. Because of the pressure factor for the need to serve layout jobs that take up a lot of pages, this software is very suitable for use. I got a lot of new experience from this software when I was still working at a publishing company, where I was introduced to various very useful features including Paragraph Style, Multiple Master Pages, Kerning, Leading, and how to export files to make the size lighter.

Because this software has many very advanced features, finally for most people, especially beginners, it is very difficult to adapt at the beginning. Many of the beginners gave up learning this software.