Harvest

Eileen
Eileen
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Time tracking tool, with great potential

Bewertet am 11.4.2023

Harvest provides a set of capabilities that facilitate time management, balancing the workload among our employees and boosting business performance.

This is a very intuitive tool that allows you to track time from any device, without any complications. I like that it provides automatic reminders that keeps our work team alert. It is very useful to verify the workload of each employee and reorganize the operational capacity. It facilitates the planning of all activities with excellent filters that help optimize our organization.

This time tracking solution has worked very well, I just wish it incorporated more customization options.

Andualem
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Efficient Time and Expense Tracking with Harvest Software

Bewertet am 7.3.2023

I have used Harvest software for project management and time tracking purposes. One of the key features that I found useful is the time tracking function, which allowed me to track the time spent on tasks, projects, and clients. This helped me to manage my time more efficiently and accurately bill my clients.In addition, I have also used the project management feature, which enabled me to create tasks, assign them to team members, set due dates, and track progress. This helped me to stay on top of my projects and ensure that tasks were completed on time.I have also used the invoicing feature, which allowed me to create and send invoices to clients based on the time spent on tasks. The software also provided the option to set up recurring invoices and track payment status, which made invoicing more efficient and streamlined.

1.Time tracking: Harvest is particularly effective at tracking time for individuals and teams, providing users with detailed reports that help them manage their time more effectively.2.Project management: Harvest's project management features are powerful and user-friendly, allowing users to easily collaborate and manage tasks across multiple projects.3.Invoicing and payments: Harvest streamlines the invoicing process, making it easy to send invoices to clients and track payments.4.Integration: Harvest integrates with a wide range of other software and tools, including accounting and CRM systems, which can help businesses manage their operations more efficiently.

1.Pricing: Harvest can be expensive for businesses that need to use multiple features or have a larger team.2.Limited customization: Some users may find that Harvest's features are too rigid and don't allow for enough customization to meet their specific needs.3.Reporting limitations: While Harvest provides detailed reports, some users may find that the reporting functionality is limited in certain areas.

Ruth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to track time spent working on a client

Bewertet am 26.5.2017

Efficient time tracking that doesn't take much time out of your day and clear visibility on where you are spending your time.

The chrome extension makes this really easy to track the time you spend working on a particular client. With the click of a button you can select the client you are working on via a dropdown menu and you just hit 'start timer'. When you stop the timer you can also add in some extra details that are great when you're trying to report back on where your time has been spent.

When you log into the desktop version you can view week by week and day by day. You also have access to a dashboard which visually represents where you spent your time.

Sometimes you leave the timer running - it's really easy to forget that it's running in the background. You don't get a notification until the next morning and so I often have to log back in to correct my time logged.

Sambo
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Harvest does it well for me!

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

Harvest does an excellent job of tracking time and is incredibly user-friendly. I rely on the reports feature every week to send detailed time reports to my clients, keeping them well-informed about time spent. Thanks to its comprehensive reporting, I can quickly complete my time reports.

I appreciate how straightforward Harvest is to use and set up for business. Creating projects is a breeze due to the level of detail provided, and switching tasks during time tracking is also simple.

The limitation on profiles in the free version was a downside for me. While I understand the reasoning, it poses challenges for established businesses wanting to try it with a full client list.

Will
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Timetracking and Invoicing Made Easy

Bewertet am 23.8.2021

In general, I have been very happy with this product. When we originally were researching time tracking and invoicing software this one rose to the surface and it has remained one of the leaders in this space. Having said that, it's not cheap, particularly if you need multiple people on it, so there are definitely options out there that cost less and or are free if that is what you are looking for. It does also provide some integration with Quickbooks that others likely don't have.

Working in a creative field, I am a person who detests tracking time and invoicing. It takes me out of flow and into a space that doesn't really foster creative ideas or spark the imagination. Harvest makes the process about as painless as possible (let's be real, tracking time will never be entirely painless) and frees me up to focus on what I do and how I best deliver value to my clients and team. For clients that prefer to pay by credit card, it allows you to deliver the invoice via a web portal with the ability to pay via PayPal with your cc.

I still feel that the project setup scenarios could be simplified and / or streamlined. I've used Harvest for over 10 years and they have consistently added features and addressed certain gray areas that the software couldn't really account for, but I do think that if they were rebuilding the platform knowing what they know now, they would make it even more straightforward and simple from that standpoint.

Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

Harvest was simply the best and cleanest designed and most intuitive and user friendly of all of the options that we researched with all the necessary features but not a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles that would be meaningless to most individuals.
Mathew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The gold standard for timekeeping

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

We've used harvest in the past and moved away to other products in the name of trying to fine one software suite that does it all: timekeeping, project management, chat, resource management, etc. Inevitably, we end up coming back to Harvest (alongside basecamp and slack) because it keeps things simple and does its job extremely well.

Exceptionally easy to use. Intuitive interface design that's obviously been user tested and refined. Every button and feature is exactly where you'd expect it to be.

This software does one thing really well – timekeeping. We've tried using solutions that try to do more and have gone back to Harvest because there's nothing we don't like about it.

Ken
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Truly the best time tracker/invoice management solution I've ever used

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

I use Harvest to track hours on projects and invoice for time spent. I've also used the estimating tool with great success. I also accept online payments through Harvest and Stripe.

Number 1: great value for the money. So much capability in one product, for a very low monthly fee.
Number 2: They are constantly adding new features, but not half-baked ones. I get the impression the the product and engineering teams are very good at what they do.

Could use more customizing of expenses and taxes - I'd like to be able to add fees to invoices that are not taxes - like markups for Stripe fees.

Jake

Track your Time and Expenses from Anywhere

Bewertet am 23.9.2019

Overall Harvest has been a great tool to keep my staff hours in check and to monitor staff utilization. It does provide some basic forecasting which has been nice to have as well.

You can track your time and expenses from literally anywhere with relative ease. Harvest provides: Desktop apps for Windows and Mac, browser extensions, and mobile apps for Android/iOS.

There are few small things here and there which don't impact the performance of the product but would be nice to have. For example you can create and send estimates but you cannot convert estimates into invoices. Also, some reports can be very long and they can't be filtered.

QuickBooks Time und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

This product was already in place when I assumed ownership of the company and we have stuck with it as the users happy with it.
Jason
Jason
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for a small creative business.

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

We've been using harvest for years, and when we were just doing small side projects here and there it met our needs perfectly. Now that our business has grown we need a more powerful tool that integrates bookkeeping and vendor management, in addition to time tracking, billing, and invoicing.

We love Harvest and its features. From time tracking to billing and invoicing Harvest has helped us grow our business and keep on top of the projects we are working on.

There are other similar products on the market that offer the ability to send contracts and proposals, as well as products for bookkeeping that integrate many of the same features for not much more in total cost.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

At the time, pricing was the deciding factor.
Brent
Brent
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Does one thing well - simplicity

Bewertet am 10.5.2022

Meh - wish we didn't need to use it, would prefer the timetracking to happen in our project management software (teamwork) - but that doesn't support timesheets & has very poor high-level visibility reporting.

Timesheets workflow, high-level time spent/remaining visibility

Doesn't support sub-tasks, loosely integrated with our project management software (Teamwork)

Mathew
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Harvest is the best choice for Small Business Owners

Bewertet am 2.6.2022

My overall experience with Harvest has been outstanding. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, straightforward platform to do their invoicing and time tracking.

What I really like most about the Harvest platform is the ease of use. I have used it for years and it has always been 100% reliable! It is easy to add new clients, set up recurring invoices, and keep track of my projects.

It would be great if you could handle setting up invoices from their mobile app but this isn't a deal-breaker. I travel often so that would just be nice to have. That said, I can still log in to the desktop site while traveling and do whatever I need.

Arshad

Harvest/ GoFetch

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Great software, never had a problem over rhe last 8 years I've used it. I have referred many clients to try it.

Invoicing and estimates are easy and very functional. User experience is good and integrates easily with many other platforms

Setting up projects , expenses etc. Was not easy to figure out

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

There is a free version, is flexible and user friendly
Laura
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Wanting for More Features

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Overall, Harvest does what it needs to do for our company - provide a place to track time worked, on an array of different projects, and report that time worked to upper management. But I think Harvest could certainly add some features to their interface that would increase user productivity, and help guide employees through their work weeks, with an eye on time management.

Harvest certainly offers a very user-friendly interface. When you log on, it's immediately apparent how to use the software for the basic need of time tracking. The interface is set up to reflect the current week, with the days of the week displayed left to right, and the time you've tracked for each day displayed below it. Each day is broken up into time tracked according to a specific project. If using Harvest in the way our company does, you can create project codes to reflect different projects, so you'll be able to track how long you or your employees are spending on individual projects, or even separate types of tasks within that project.

I do wish there was a a sort of "Week So Far" tracker feature, that appeared as its own tab in the top menu bar, or perhaps was totaled at the bottom of the screen on the current day's time sheet. At the moment, if you'd like to see the hours you've spent on different projects summed up so far in a given week, you would have to either click into each day, and add up the hour totals yourself, or you go to the "Reports" tab, then click on "Team," then click on your own name under that, where then you would be able to see the total number of hours you've spent on different projects that week. This seems like a simple feature that should be more accessible, or at least more clear to navigate to.

Fantastic time-tracking tool

Bewertet am 25.9.2018

Especially after a recent update, I like how easy the timer is to work with. Simply select the project I'm working on and start the timer. While I'm working it stays on in the background. If I get called away from my desk for some reason, and I forget to stop the timer, it recognizes the inactivity and checks in with me upon return. That's super handy - if I was off the computer on a call related to the project, for example, one button click and it will continue timing including the 'inactive' time. If I got called off to a different project, I can easily put the minutes/hours of 'inactive' time on the appropriate project. If I got called away by something totally unrelated to work, I can toss the accumulated 'inactive' time and either keep working or stop the clock when I get back. It also sends an email reminder after several hours of inactive time - like when I quit working for the day and forget to clock out. No more guessing!

There is sometimes a disconnect between the desktop app and the website. I can't remember why but once in a while I'll have to check on the site while the app is running (like to read notes associated with a project) and there were some discrepancies. They always sorted themselves out, but for a couple minutes it was confusing. It's not a huge issue so long as you remember to give the site time update with the app.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time tracking made easy and simple.

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

Easy tracking for freelancing and agency workflow. Amazingly simple!

Easy tracking for freelancing and agency workflow. Amazingly simple!

It's really easy to use and set up. I've been using it for a few years now and it always works great. Harvest has a web platform and also a mobile app, both of them work great with no issues so far. The mobile app is very well done and has most of the features you can find on the desktop version.

It has a great feature that notifies you by email when you've forgotten your timer on for a long period of time. It also notices when you're not at the computer and asks you if want to add the time that you were away or subtracted from the current count.

You can edit previous counts and you can group them based on different categories you set up. It also works great with Asana. You can start a timer directly from within Asana, linking the Asana task to the Harvest timmer. It works very well.

I had two things to mention here that are not bugs or issues, just things that my current workflow would require for a smoother process.

1. I've been using Harvest with two teams / companies and I have to switch back and forth between their accounts which is a bit cumbersome.

2. I wish you could filter more precisely the weekly / monthly overview. I can't separate task and groups as much as I need, in order to get a better understanding of how much time has been tracked for a specific category.

PJ

Best Time-Tracker Out There

Bewertet am 1.5.2020

Overall, I am greatly satisfied with Harvest. It gets the task done and is also helpful in making the team more efficient. Tracking our time was effortless.

Harvest is straightforward and easy to use. First-time users find it easy to learn navigating the platform. It can also be seamlessly integrated to project management programs such as ClickUp. It also has a built-in Invoicing feature for bout hours and expenses. Another awesome feature is being able to set budgets for every project, so you can have a quick overview of how much you have spent and can still spend on a project.

What I liked the least about Harvest is that once a person or a project has logged hours, the only option you have is to archive them, and not delete them. It seems to just clutter the workspace. One improvement that can be done is having a prompt whenever the tracker has been on for more than 5 hours, just to check if the timer has been left on, because sometimes we still forget to turn off the tracker.

Time Doctor
Chris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best time tracker I've ever used

Bewertet am 9.5.2022

I've used a lot of time trackers, many are just browser extensions so you have to be working in the browser to track your time, but with Harvest, because it's a native app, it can be use to track any event, online or offline.

This software has been a game changer for our company. The best feature is how intuitive it is. It knows when you've been idle and makes it easy to stop the timer and remove the idle time. So many times people forget to turn off their timers and this makes management a breeze.

I wish the initial use of the software was more intuitive, meaning, if you are typically starting your time every day at the same time, I'd like for it to present a notice like, "Would you like to start your timer?". That way if you forget to start tracking on a Monday morning, it's got your back.

Haja
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Elegant, Clean and Valuable Time Tracking App - A Staple Product

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

This is a very clean, simple appearing, a non-intrusive app which is actually a very solid and powerful platform. It has the potential to be an indispensable part of modern project-based businesses.

Well, the answer is, this basic time tracking app solves several problems all at once. First of all, Harvest is available on all your devices and computers so, whenever you need to track time...voila there it is. It is super easy to set up and use, zero learning curve needed. It's nicely organized by client, so each project gets placed where it belongs. It has idle time detection to prevent inaccuracies. There are several options for arranging your time-based fees and you can even include your billable expenses. The information is not trapped in Harvest platform so you can import and export clients, invoices and other info to your other systems easily.

You can easily send email invoices directly from your time-keeping records and accept payments online with integrations. In addition to budgeting time, you can also track expenses for each project in order to stay on track, both financially and time management-wise. This software plus Forecast gives you the potential to be increasingly accurate with time estimates for your clients.

Once you take into account all of the software integrations and the API, you really have a valuable central point to manage your business. It helps that this software was developed by a team that had to solve these problems themselves. The company also seems to have good stewardship of the business in social justice and community arenas. I have not yet used the mobile app or API but I am definitely a fan of Harvest!

-Intuitive user interface
-Cute motivational quotes and illustrations
-Great native desktop experience on the Mac
-Wonderful integrations with other software, including Harvest's Forecast, Xero accounting and Stripe
-A multi-functional API and mobile apps (IOS and Android)!

- No automated sales tax - or integration with automated sales tax providers (Avalara, Tax Jar, etc.) on invoices
-Team pricing could be better and also would be great if there were a tier between free - two projects and unlimited projects.
-No offline functionality on the desktop

Aimee
Aimee

Best for Simple Bookkeeping and Time Tracking

Bewertet am 20.12.2018

I literally couldn't run my business without Harvest. It makes bookkeeping so easy, even in two currencies.

Harvest is affordable, and easy to use. As a freelancer, I find it fantastically simple to track time and expenses, bill, follow up on invoices and receive payment. Harvest integrates with Stripe and PayPal, so clients can pay online easily. I literally run my business on this software, and it's so intuitive. Best of all, as an American living in Canada with clients in both countries, I can bill and accept payments in both USD and CAD. Harvest is one of the few solutions that lets me do that in a single account.

I wish there were more reports. It would AMAZING if Harvest offered P&L reports for simple businesses like mine, but it doesn't. Really, improved ability to produce any reports my accountant can use at tax time would be fabulous. Unfortunately, you have to tie into overpriced Quickbooks or another accounting package to do this. For simple freelancers like me, this just seems silly. I'm hoping the reporting features improve, since Harvest gets better every year overall.

Zachary
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Data and information is power, and Harvest helps capitalize on better understanding company...

Bewertet am 20.5.2023

Working with Harvest has been an overall positive experience because it helps us keep track of billable/nonbillable hours and analyze how our company time is spent. This data has already given us insights into policy changes that maximize performance, profit, and output.

* The API is easy to work with and works well. * We use Harvest for billing/invoicing, and it saves HR/accounting lots of time.* It gives us data on billable/nonbillable work hours we have been able to examine to restructure the way we work on projects to reach our financial goals. We've already seen progress towards these goals and we could not have made these realizations without Harvest.

The 'payment type' (i.e. net 15, net 30, custom, etc.) is set static at a default--having the ability to customize this per client would be very helpful.Its sales tax functionality is quite limited, even with Quickbooks integration.The desktop Harvest app is a little 'buggy', but nothing that we can't work around.

Tracking Time is a Breeze

Bewertet am 15.2.2023

For our small agency, this helps us manage our time and budgets, and makes it easy to pull reports, run detailed invoices, etc. We've been using this app since 2014 and have never had a reason to look for another.

Harvest is extremely easy to use. It requires no special training in order to get in and get to work. It's easy to edit your entries (i.e. start one project and hop to another, add and edits notes, etc.) I appreciate that it lets me know via email if I've accidentally left my timer running, so I can fix it. I get weekly time summary reports so I can see where my billable time has been spent. And I can run reports to see how much time overall has accrued on each project. I used to be spotty at completing timesheets, but this app makes it easy to do. Our small marketing agency does a great job now of tracking time, which has enabled us to negotiate project costs with clients more accurately.

There is nothing that is difficult to use.

Jessica

We LOVE Harvest

Bewertet am 15.2.2018

Harvest is incredibly easy to use, and doesn't try to be more than it is. It is perfect for tracking time (the iPhone app is great, too, as it allows you to start and stop time on the go) and expenses, and conducting billing. It also has a surprisingly great reporting section, which is helpful for understanding your own productivity and opportunities. Harvest is also wonderfully customizable to fit your office's individual needs.

This is so nitpicky, but that is because Harvest is so great, and has so little to improve upon: I wish there were multiple pre-set messages you can send. The current system allows for a thank you message and a "balance due" message. Our office, like many law firms, I imagine, has two balance due messages: money due for work performed, and money due to maintain a required trust deposit. Currently we have to manually change this. Not at all a deal breaker, but it would be a very welcome update in the future.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for the administrator, lacking some functionality for the users

Bewertet am 28.2.2021

This is great for ease of use and for keeping time tracking central. Although the UI needs work, the UX is very good and makes a cumbersome, laborious task such as time tracking easy and quick. Whereas in other softwares you have to go hunt for the task to track and find the project listing, go to the card, then track - Harvest just has these options all in one panel.

For admins, the info collected is quantified in a very visual and excellent way allowing us to track time and project expenses.

For those not assigned as administrators, you can't see the time estimates for tasks - only projects. This is a massive issue as it means that for one project, I don't know as a designer how much time is allowed for design vs development - only the whole project.

As a contractor I work for as a separate client, they also use harvest. I bill at the end of projects and also based on monthly enhancements based on hourly cost. It is extremely hard as a user (not admin) to see and get a summary of this time without having to manually add it all up. Massive issue

Lisa
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Harvest for time tracking works best for me!

Bewertet am 11.12.2022

I definitely will continue to support, utilize and spread the word myself about Harvest!

1. The ease of use through a clean, simple interface. It is not cluttered, confusing or complicated.2. The affordable aspect of this for my use specifically. I am one freelancer, not a big company, so needing minimal features still works so well for me at this time.3. Support has been excellent with real people who care, and attend to my needs right away.

I have not seen as much advertisement or marketing on social media these days on Harvest, which is unfortunate, because it is so wonderful and needs more visibility!

Megan
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is our go-to tool for time tracking and invoicing!

Bewertet am 11.5.2022

My overall experience with Harvest has been excellent. We've been a loyal customer for years and plan on keeping it that way for the foreseeable uture.

I love how easy to use and convenient Harvest is for time tracking and invoicing. It's been a tool that our business has used from the very beginning. I love its simple interface and the recent upgrades have been even more awesome!

There's not much to dislike about Harvest. I only wish it had the same capabilities as more complicated bookkeeping software such as Quickbooks so we could eliminate having additional software for more advanced accounting capabilities.