Harvest

Anissa
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Harvest is Amazing!

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Harvest makes my business EASY. I do love being able to set limits on projects and getting emails when those limits are near.

I really enjoy using harvest because I do have a team of subcontractors who I need to keep reports of their time. Harvest makes it easy to report time used and set limits on projects.

I would love it if I could set up monthly recurring projects by date and not just month to month. Sometimes I have a retainer client that starts in the middle of the month and the monthly recurring feature resets at the end of the month, not when it's been 30 days.

Randall
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great for time and billing; hard to integrate with accounting

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

Ease of timekeeping and billing has improved. Integration with the rest of my accounting system has become harder.

I started using it because I did not find the timekeeping functions of Quickbooks easy enough to use. On that point, Harvest is much better--it is excellent at keeping track of time. In addition, Harvest makes it quite easy to bill clients for time and to follow up with repeated billings if needed.

I'll mention two things. First, the method of dealing with retainers needs some serious work to be useful for lawyers. If I have an outstanding invoice and a client sends me a retainer, I cannot have payment toward the invoice taken out of the retainer without a fairly convoluted process. Second, it is hard to integrate with Quickbooks. I need Quickbooks (or I suppose, something similar) to keep track of all my financial records. But when I am using Harvest for timekeeping and billing, I wind up making many of the entries twice.

Karyn

Tracks Time, Dimishes Trust with Employees

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

I personally did not solve any business problems using Harvest, nor did I see any benefit to me as an employee. The only benefit I could see to the employer was being able to play Big Brother by using Harvest to monitor every second of my day. This software contributes to a corporate culture of distrust.

The only thing good I can say that I like about Harvest is that it is pretty easy to use. You simply search the client or project name, indicate whether it is a billable or non-billable task and then set the timer. There is also a space to elaborate on the specific details of the task being done.

What I like the least about this software is that the tracking is too granular. Employees that are subject to using it feel like Big Brother is watching and that the employer doesn't trust them. It also doesn't allow for any explanation of extenuating circumstances. For example, if an employee is tracking within Harvest and is expected to track in real time, there is no way to explain a computer glitch or if a system crashes in the middle of a task and the employee has to re-do the task from the beginning. In addition, if you are a billable employee, you are literally tethered to your computer all day, as you must "Harvest" every minute of your day if the employer wants an accurate read of activity. It is tedious and demeaning.

Abdelaziz
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate!

Bewertet am 5.11.2022

Gives employers multiple ways to incorporate clocking in and clocking out, includes breakdown summaries for every schedule!

App sometimes glitches when it comes to scheduling.

• Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Harvest is a Freelancer's more affordable time-tracking and invoicing option

Bewertet am 26.8.2022

Harvest has been a game changer for me. When I started my business I was easily able to track hours, expenses, and bill clients without paying outrageous fees for software that had more than I actually needed (and was challenging to learn).

The best part about this software--the price. There is a free option for new freelancers, and for my first year, I strictly used that. Even the free version is highly robust. However, I quickly realized I needed something a bit more custom, and I've upgraded to the paid version, but even that is very reasonable.

I don't really like that you can't send contracts. I feel like if the program includes estimates, it should also have a contract-sending option. I understand it integrates with other contract platforms, but those were so very expensive-—or just didn't appeal to me.

PayPal Invoicing, Wave Accounting und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

It was affordable and easy to use, and I never heard any customer complaints! It met all my needs.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Big feature list for time & project tracking but pricey

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Harvest does everything we need and is easy to use. However there's definitely features we don't need or use that we're paying extra for.

Lots of great features and the UI makes Harvest nice to use. It's easy to pull time reports for specific resources and projects.

It's definitely expensive. We are exploring other, more cost-effective solutions in what is now a crowded marketplace.

BambooHR und Clockify

Zuvor genutzte Software

Clockify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

It's easy to use and the time tracking and reporting fits our use case very well.
Jason
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for a small creative business.

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

We've been using harvest for years, and when we were just doing small side projects here and there it met our needs perfectly. Now that our business has grown we need a more powerful tool that integrates bookkeeping and vendor management, in addition to time tracking, billing, and invoicing.

We love Harvest and its features. From time tracking to billing and invoicing Harvest has helped us grow our business and keep on top of the projects we are working on.

There are other similar products on the market that offer the ability to send contracts and proposals, as well as products for bookkeeping that integrate many of the same features for not much more in total cost.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

At the time, pricing was the deciding factor.
Louis
  • Branche: Glas, Keramik & Beton
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Happy to discover Harvest (strange name)

Bewertet am 19.3.2022

This was a trouble free 30-day trial. I didn’t hesitate to subscribe for a year.

For my new consulting company, this provides exactly what I need. Totally intuitive startup. Customer, contact, projects, and functions concepts allow good segmentation. Robust, no glitches. Great looking invoice template. Good integration with QuickBooks.

I have not yet found major irritants .

Bridgette
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Easy to use time tracking

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

Easy to use, able to copy over previous weeks so you don't need to start fresh each week

Wish it was easier to find and add new projects.

Suzi
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Easy to use time tracker

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Easy to use software and as a project manager, it’s great for tracking hours of my team members.

The software is really easy to use. It makes time sheet preparation a breeze.

I actually quite like Harvest and have no further suggestion with this software.

Brock
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

We Love Harvest

Bewertet am 23.4.2022

Harvest is great. It has LITERALLY changed the way we work and made our teams much more efficient.

It is SUPER easy to use, and our team is able to track both time and hard costs against our various jobs which makes our staffing and budgeting estimates VERY easy.

There is very little we don't like about Harvest. However, it seems to be set up for service companies who are billing clients. It would be nice to not have to "trick it" some times to meet our corporate needs.

Also, it would be nice to have finer levels of control on user permissions. I would like to give team members the ability to go in and see the labor costs and external costs against the job without giving them access to see what each persons billable rate is. (Since we use this in a corporate capacity, these billable rates are tied directly to salary information which - obviously - we don't want to share).

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

Ease of use and the amount of training required to bring new users up to speed.
Ken
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Truly the best time tracker/invoice management solution I've ever used

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

I use Harvest to track hours on projects and invoice for time spent. I've also used the estimating tool with great success. I also accept online payments through Harvest and Stripe.

Number 1: great value for the money. So much capability in one product, for a very low monthly fee.
Number 2: They are constantly adding new features, but not half-baked ones. I get the impression the the product and engineering teams are very good at what they do.

Could use more customizing of expenses and taxes - I'd like to be able to add fees to invoices that are not taxes - like markups for Stripe fees.

Bart
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Invoicing made easy

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

We started using Harvest years ago with my previous company and it was our go-to solution with our new company. No questions asked. It just works and that is why I would recommend it to everyone looking for a simple solution.

It just works. Creating an offer, turning it into an invoice, setting everything up... it just works easy. In contrast with many software you can use for invoicing, Harvest doesn't try to do it all, it just keeps things simple. Probably too simple at times, but I never ran into any issues as we have straightforward product & services lines to add to our invoices.

The fact that the time tracking is included and cannot be ignored as easily as the optional planning tool (that they sell separately) was a small frustration at first. Afterwards, I just tended to directly surf to the Invoices overview and avoid the timetracking part all together.

For some it is probably thé selling feature as time tracking looks very easy, but our company doens't keep track of detailed time tracking so we never used that part thoroughly.

Teamleader

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

We tested teamleader, but it was too featureful. Interesting as it could have been, we didn't want to switch our complete workflow to match that of Teamleader so we continued looking for a tool that was good at invoicing. Period. Harvest was that tool.
Bill
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Time and expense tracking and billing

Bewertet am 16.8.2018

I used Harvest stand-alone when I started my business. A few years ago I took my accounting online with Xero so I explored many of the time-tracking apps that integrate with it. After less than a year, and countless other apps, I returned to Harvest because I've found nothing easier. I create invoice drafts in Harvest and copy them to Xero for final billing. It's simple, fast, goes deeper if you need it, and is reasonably priced.

Harvest fits my business model. I'm a consultant who also does installs, repairs, and remote support. It's simple to set up Harvest with your client list, hourly rates, products and services. Once set up, tracking time and expenses is even simpler! They have a web interface and a mobile app. The mobile app duplicates most of the web features and is very handy when on-site - a couple taps selects the client and starts the clock.

Creating invoices is a matter of running an Uninvoiced report, clicking the customer you want to invoice, and editing the items, descriptions, prices and tax rates. Then save the invoice and either email it directly to the recipient or save as PDF to print or attach later.

Harvest can connect to Trello, Quickbooks, Xero, Stripe, PayPal, and about 80 other online applications, and has a programming API if you are so inclined. It only took me an evening to write a script to insert all my Harvest-tracked time into my CRM app's notes.

Everything is tracked as a project. To enter time, you first have to create a project to track it. Even if you are doing a one-off visit, you cannot track that hour or two until you have created a new project for that customer. It would be helpful to be able to log billable time directly to a customer.

Haja
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Elegant, Clean and Valuable Time Tracking App - A Staple Product

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

This is a very clean, simple appearing, a non-intrusive app which is actually a very solid and powerful platform. It has the potential to be an indispensable part of modern project-based businesses.

Well, the answer is, this basic time tracking app solves several problems all at once. First of all, Harvest is available on all your devices and computers so, whenever you need to track time...voila there it is. It is super easy to set up and use, zero learning curve needed. It's nicely organized by client, so each project gets placed where it belongs. It has idle time detection to prevent inaccuracies. There are several options for arranging your time-based fees and you can even include your billable expenses. The information is not trapped in Harvest platform so you can import and export clients, invoices and other info to your other systems easily.

You can easily send email invoices directly from your time-keeping records and accept payments online with integrations. In addition to budgeting time, you can also track expenses for each project in order to stay on track, both financially and time management-wise. This software plus Forecast gives you the potential to be increasingly accurate with time estimates for your clients.

Once you take into account all of the software integrations and the API, you really have a valuable central point to manage your business. It helps that this software was developed by a team that had to solve these problems themselves. The company also seems to have good stewardship of the business in social justice and community arenas. I have not yet used the mobile app or API but I am definitely a fan of Harvest!

-Intuitive user interface
-Cute motivational quotes and illustrations
-Great native desktop experience on the Mac
-Wonderful integrations with other software, including Harvest's Forecast, Xero accounting and Stripe
-A multi-functional API and mobile apps (IOS and Android)!

- No automated sales tax - or integration with automated sales tax providers (Avalara, Tax Jar, etc.) on invoices
-Team pricing could be better and also would be great if there were a tier between free - two projects and unlimited projects.
-No offline functionality on the desktop

• Branche: Marktforschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good for time tracking purposes

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Overall I found the software very straightforward and easily navigable - was able to use it for its intended purpose, and found that it made time tracking a lot more efficient and simple.

I used Harvest mainly for time tracking purposes at a past place of employment, and found the interface to be very easy to navigate. We were easily able to integrate corresponding tasks to the specified amount of time (ours was tracked on a minute by minute basis, so 0.7, 0.22, 0.59 etc). I also found it extremely handy to be able to have a stopwatch feature to track time when there are longer tasks (such as a meeting or a project that will take several hours in one stretch).

As mentioned above, though I found the stopwatch feature to be very efficient, it's not extremely practical for any role where you're touching multiple different projects at any given time (ex. an account or project manager). For a designer, this feature would be perfect. It would be interesting to see whether the same concept COULD be applied to a project management type job. Additionally, I found that it is extremely easy to forget to actually STOP the stopwatch feature, so more often than not I found myself with a task that ran over 500 minutes long because I forgot to manually adjust the feature. It may be helpful to implement some sort of feature that has a pop-up effect after 30mins or an hour, asking the user if they're still working on the specific task (like they do with some movie streaming services).

Antwort von Harvest Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'll take note of your feature suggestions as our product team is consistently assessing how the product can improve. I definitely can see how a popup timer would be useful.

Thank you for your trust in Harvest!

PJ

Best Time-Tracker Out There

Bewertet am 1.5.2020

Overall, I am greatly satisfied with Harvest. It gets the task done and is also helpful in making the team more efficient. Tracking our time was effortless.

Harvest is straightforward and easy to use. First-time users find it easy to learn navigating the platform. It can also be seamlessly integrated to project management programs such as ClickUp. It also has a built-in Invoicing feature for bout hours and expenses. Another awesome feature is being able to set budgets for every project, so you can have a quick overview of how much you have spent and can still spend on a project.

What I liked the least about Harvest is that once a person or a project has logged hours, the only option you have is to archive them, and not delete them. It seems to just clutter the workspace. One improvement that can be done is having a prompt whenever the tracker has been on for more than 5 hours, just to check if the timer has been left on, because sometimes we still forget to turn off the tracker.

Time Doctor
Leah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is great for time tracking and billing within small/mid-size companies

Bewertet am 3.12.2018

I've used Harvest as an employee to track my time. Additionally, I have done data analysis on exported information from the platform to predict time requirements and resource allocation across a mid-sized workplace.

Harvest is an ideal time tracking and billing platform for small- to mid-size companies. Individuals track their time in the desired increments, and then can sub-track their time to particular projects or disciplines. For instance, if tracking time for Client A, time can be segmented into "Client A > Project Review," "Client A > Web Development," "Client A > Business Development," etc. It can flex to accommodate multiple professional disciplines, and provides tallies / time breakouts for each user. On the backend, fairly rich data can be gathered from the platform to analyze time distribution and analysis.

It requires time to setup and administrate multiple users, especially if it's one person doing this job. Additionally, to do it well, it requires a thoughtful plan to provide the necessary taxonomy of clients / projects / billing to be used across the organization. It is not as robust as other big, enterprise-caliber time tracking platforms (like Salesforce), but for an organization <50 users, it's a great solution.

Dennis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best time tracking software out there

Bewertet am 23.11.2017

With Harvest we track more hours than we did with other software. It takes the hassle out of the process. Nobody likes to track his of her hours in complicated and time consuming ways and Harvest solves that problem!

It does what it does and it does it best! Time tracking on projects has never been so easy for our organisation. We have used multiple time trackers, but were never pleased with the wat we neede to register the hours we make for our clients. The mac, windows and iOS/Android apps work great. New projects are available instantly and starting / pausing the time tracker is wonderfully done. Managing the projects, budgets and tasks is really easy and if you like, you can integrate it with Harvest Forecast and plan your team ahead.

Harvest lacks decent support of monthly retainer 'projects'. It's not a show stopper for us, but it makes us do manual checks of the hours we make for our clients. I would love Harvest Forecast to be part of Harvest by default instead of the invoicing functionalities, since we use other software for that.

Jessica

We LOVE Harvest

Bewertet am 15.2.2018

Harvest is incredibly easy to use, and doesn't try to be more than it is. It is perfect for tracking time (the iPhone app is great, too, as it allows you to start and stop time on the go) and expenses, and conducting billing. It also has a surprisingly great reporting section, which is helpful for understanding your own productivity and opportunities. Harvest is also wonderfully customizable to fit your office's individual needs.

This is so nitpicky, but that is because Harvest is so great, and has so little to improve upon: I wish there were multiple pre-set messages you can send. The current system allows for a thank you message and a "balance due" message. Our office, like many law firms, I imagine, has two balance due messages: money due for work performed, and money due to maintain a required trust deposit. Currently we have to manually change this. Not at all a deal breaker, but it would be a very welcome update in the future.

Chris
  • Branche: Design

The only invoicing tool I'd consider

Bewertet am 9.1.2018

It made visualising our project budgets and margins dramatically easier, so we know where our time and money are going.

I've used Harvest for years and I can't imagine switching to another tool. It's by far the easiest, best tool for agencies who work on multiple projects with multiple budgets. Being able to visualise your margins and where your team is spending their time is an absolute game changer. The invoices are attractive and always send reliable. The integrated payment options are intuitive and simple.

It's a bit more expensive than other tools but if you're using its full functionality it's absolutely worth it.

I'd like to see more flexibility around budgeting and retainers. It has definitely gotten better with new support for fixed-fee budgets, but I would really like to see recurring retainers handled better. We currently create a new project every month for our clients on retainer, which works but is a little tedious.

Khuram

Harvest is awesome!

Bewertet am 13.3.2019

Overall, Harvest is incredible. It's one of the best SaaS products out there. For time-tracking specifically, we found it better than other platforms such as Toggl. The user experience is super simple and it's got great reporting.

Harvest takes minutes to set it up and is so user-friendly, user adoption happened incredibly quickly. It was the fastest program our team adopted compared with other solutions. Firstly, the platform is accessible through multiple devices ranging from web to desktop to browser extension to mobile app to integrations with Jira. Everyone is different and the platform adapts to almost everyone's needs. Secondly, as an admin, I can go in, add users, add projects, add tasks, classify tasks as billable or non-billable, and add a bill rate if applicable. Thirdly, the platform can set reminders and people self-manage. Each week, I get everyone's timesheets on the dot, I review them, send them back if they need more information, and focus on analyzing data instead of trying to get everyone to give me updates. I love the project view because I can see where we are spending money, where we aren't, and where we need to shift resources accordingly. It's even great for reimbursements - you just snap a photo and add can add the item via the mobile app.

As a digital agency, we don't always bill by hourly rate or fixed firm price. Some of our clients are on monthly retainers which sadly Harvest doesn't include. It's not a deal breaker for us, but it's something that would be nice to have.

Megan
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is our go-to tool for time tracking and invoicing!

Bewertet am 11.5.2022

My overall experience with Harvest has been excellent. We've been a loyal customer for years and plan on keeping it that way for the foreseeable uture.

I love how easy to use and convenient Harvest is for time tracking and invoicing. It's been a tool that our business has used from the very beginning. I love its simple interface and the recent upgrades have been even more awesome!

There's not much to dislike about Harvest. I only wish it had the same capabilities as more complicated bookkeeping software such as Quickbooks so we could eliminate having additional software for more advanced accounting capabilities.

Jahangir
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Smart Solution for all kinds time management, tracking & reporting.

Bewertet am 9.10.2018

I used to use this software tools for my team as well as for my other team from 2014 to 2017. I should appreciate Harvest team for this amazing online time management tools which are helping now millions of people to track the time including multiple features. I especially love their friendly eye-catching interface including time tracking options feature. I used to submit my all project times I had spent easily without any tension as it showing real time. Pretty amazing!

1. simple website design with eye-catching visualization for the essential option.
2. Can be integrated almost any latest software tools like Asana(I used to do this) is amazing sync
3. Reminder for time tracking and project reminder including project owner.
4. Can control and create layer like approval method

1. Very Pricy in terms of the competitors on the market
2. Need AI support to catch auto standard time frame for each project.
3. Apps crashed and lost time sometimes without an unknown error
4. Should work on popular project time analysis to make real-time auto time support

Brian
  • Branche: Internet

A Nice Product That Became Too Expensive For Me To Justify

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I felt some pains when I moved away from it, but I've actually found a really nice combination of products that does the same thing.

A very easy-to-use app that lets you track time and clients. End-of-month invoicing is as simple as a few button clicks. Overall, I really like the program.

The price just wasn't worth it for me anymore. I found I could no longer justify the cost based on free offerings out there in the wild.

Wave Accounting und Clockify