Emma by Marigold Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great email software

Bewertet am 16.9.2020

Great software to send emails. Easy to use, great reporting/analysis, and features to optimize open rates and get through the clutter.

Easily works with our internal database. We send all of our email communication to alumni through emma. Very easy to use, has great reporting (analysis on email rates - opt outs, open, clicks, etc.), lets you test subject lines, and have emails look like it is coming from a person (will show in inbox as coming from a person) even though its from a general email.

So far we have had a wonderful experience with Emma and have continued to experiment with all the features it offers.

Myca
  • Branche: Philanthropie

I <3 MyEmma

Bewertet am 5.4.2018

The integrations aren't as strong as larger packages, and user flow isn't fabulous, but simply for building gorgeous emails that look good on every platform, Emma is the undisputed leader.

For nonprofits and small to mid-size businesses, MyEmma is the best, most intuitive email marketing platform around. Their customer service is over the top great, and the service they offer to build templates for you is well worth the small investment! Not only are they good to work with, but the team at Emma are firm believers in giving back to the community, something that comes out in their interactions in small but meaningful ways.

I would love to see Emma manage more complex data. My heart was broken when I moved to a different organization and was no longer able to utilize Emma due to a more complex data and business unit structure.

Cory
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Lacks functionality, no reason to spend on Emma with so many great competitors out there

Bewertet am 27.9.2018

(continued)

(continued)
- They have a field for custom preview text, but it doesn't work for all email providers.

- Has integrations with very few third-party platforms.

- Automation workflow rules lack some basic functionalities (for example, send THIS given XXYZ open conditions are met)Etc.

- Doesn't allow you to personalize Subject Lines or descriptions

- Only A/B testing available is for subject lines

The WYSIWYG is easy to use. It has the basic email marketing functionalities.

This platform is quite primitive. I absolutely DO NOT recommend it. I can't wait to switch to something else once our subscription is up.

If you're an absolute beginner to email marketing or not a marketing person but rather someone taking on marketing responsibilities, then it's fine.

Although Emma looks like a promising, professional platform, in reality, it is quite basic, too top-level (no specificity), not fully customizable, etc.

My biggest gripes with Emma are:

- Insights and analytics are quite lacking. Does not go deeper than open, click rates, and opt-outs.

- Out of all email marketing software I have I used, Emma emails are the ones that go into spam most easily.

No, not "promotions" or "unfocused". Spam.

- The available pre-made email templates look very old-school and outdated. Very 2004. There is no marketplace or option to acquire more.

- Thankfully, you can use your own custom HTML email templates, but the interface is a bit funky. Every time you preview your email and hit "back" it returns you to the top of the frame.

- You can't save custom HTML templates and then edit them as a WYSIWYG like in HubSpot or MailChimp.

- Their email templates are NOT fully cross-browser or cross-platform compatible.

- Emma automatically generates mobile versions for their "mobile ready" themes. Other platforms let you make edits to how your mobile and desktop versions will look separately.

Monica

Email Automation and Insight with Ease

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

We are much happier with it in comparison to our formal software Constant Contact - the customer service is just more responsive, and the interface is so easy to use that we are able to have interns use with little direction.

We are able to manage and automate customer campaigns all with one login - we are also able to visually show our customers the effectiveness of the design and lay out not just the messaging

I wish that the templates were a bit more flexible so we could create ones not available in the system - however the option to work with a designer is quite nice and have used that service several times.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent enterprise email marketing

Bewertet am 30.8.2018

Overall very positive. The cost is very competitive and most of our divisions and departments are actually paying less through Emma than they were with services like Constant Contact (we do cost-sharing).

Very robust and meets the need of supporting multiple divisions and user groups. We share branded templates globally to get beginners up and running quickly. Feedback is consistently positive that the system is very, very easy to use. Less support issues overall.

Small issue but it doesn't support multiple users logged into the same campaign in the way that MailChimp did. If two users both log into the same campaign they could overwrite each others work.

Started Off Great, Never Improved, But Got Worse

Bewertet am 6.3.2018

I learned that there are better products out there!

I learned that there are better products out there!

Nice-enough looking emails (at least in the beginning), decent templates, relatively easy for non-technical users, some templates are responsive. The people there are polite and relatively nice to interact with (but see below, I sometimes question their competence).

Expensive for what you (don't) get, poor customer service (I often have to repeat my questions to get someone to understand the issues), doesn't work with Office365 (they've had issues with Microsoft for more than a year, and still are unable to resolve them), templates have become stale, with few new ones added, "code your own" editor is junk, and if you want responsive emails, you are forced to use their templates (you can't code your own with media queries, etc), their software is glitchy and can be slow to respond.

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Emma Marketing Software is Easy and Affordable

Bewertet am 29.3.2018

This product allows me to reach law clients for the personal injury firm I currently work for.

I began using this software during my current marketing position at a large law firm. We send out large email blasts to our clients from Emma. Emma makes it extremely simple to upload email lists, create campaigns and email a large list of clients. Emma email reports are also a great way to see which clients you're reaching, helping you in your marketing efforts. The pricing is also very competitive with other email marketing software, with their base pro price.

I don't have anything negative to say about this software. I haven't experienced any issues with this email marketing software.

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good product with great customer service

Bewertet am 5.10.2017

It's intuitive and easy to learn. Allows you to design beautiful emails and newsletters without knowing code. The customer service team is great, and there are great trainings and webinars available.

Some of the features are more limited than other products. Coming from MailChimp, I wished that I could play around with Emma's templates and code a bit more than what's accessible.

Emma EMail

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

I love having the multiple accounts and being able to share contacts to cut down on cost, however, the time spent creating the emails is much longer as it is not as user-friendly

Great to have multiple sub-account that all share one "contact" list so help with duplicates

Not easy to format, very limited format options, takes much longer to make an email than with others

Sarah Catherine
Sarah Catherine
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great option for my small company

Bewertet am 7.10.2019

Would suggest to anyone! Offers our company (less than 1M nonprofit) exactly what we need for mass donor commmunicatkon.

Used friendly, integrates with my CRM database, easy to use templates, plug and play so I can make my monthly newsletter, good click analytics

I run a small nonprofit and, especially for the price, Emma offers us an incredible service. If I had one Con it would be the customization of my emails. With our subscription and templates provided, we are very limited on what we can edit in our emails. But again, being the size we are, I wouldn’t expect different and the setup makes it easy for us to create nice looking emails.

• Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Awful unsubscribe process - confusing & unclear and unlike any other software product

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

After moving to a (better & cheaper) provider, a message was sent cancelling our subscription (the only way you can cancel once subscribed) with no information listed in the settings on how to unsubscribe.

My Emma claimed never to have received the email, and so the matetr was left. Rather than email or contact me again, MyEmma started threatening debt collectors, sent to every email address in the company.

In order to close the matter as quickly as possible, 3x months of the unused service has now been paid for.

Unreasonable business practices from a mediocre (at best) provider.

I would strongly advise looking elsewhere.

The product itself is very basic compared with other tools on the market.

The inability to export data easily was the main reason we had to move away.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Emma by Marigold

It seemed more functional on the surface, awful support & sales
Elaine
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

If only they cared about the code.

Bewertet am 18.7.2017

It allows people to design emails in an entirely wysiwyg interface, meaning you don't have to know any HTML.

Its strength is also its weakness. Emma completely changes and botches your HTML. You cannot enter your own media queries - it completely overrides them, and even in the support forums the requests for Emma not to touch pasted-in HTML have gone unanswered for years. It's like using FrontPage and watching your beautifully-crafted code become a mangled, garbled mess that's very difficult to fix. Even for those who don't code their own HTML, it's perplexing - there are often strange quirks like bold fonts that don't appear bold in inboxes and many other issues because the code Emma uses isn't actually friendly for many email rendering engines (ahem, Outlook). It's also somewhat unstable and clunky - we've found many times when it won't actually save, or it's just running very slowly.

Antwort von Marigold

Hi Elaine,
Thanks so much for the valuable feedback here. I hate that you've had a difficult time using code in our email editor, and trouble with rendering in the inbox. Improvements in those areas are something that is definitely on our roadmap, and I'd love to connect you with one of our product managers to continue the conversation and gain some more insight from you and your experiences.

Be on the lookout for some follow up from one of our amazing Product Managers, Cale. He'd love to continue the conversation.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer some insight into your experience!

Sibiry
  • Branche: Internet

Emma review

Bewertet am 6.11.2022

The emma software is really very useful for your emailing campaign. Very easy to use

The software is very interesting but not enough templates like the competition does

Bob
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The ease of use left a bit to be desired but overall it's a decent solution

Bewertet am 10.12.2017

We used it for a while and when we weren't pushing the capabilities too hard, it was fine for basic use.

I liked the general layout and interface along with the overall ease of understanding the reports. The latter, while not extremely granular, is fine for basic users. In fact, that sums up the software: fine for basic users but may be frustrating for those needing higher functions.

There were issues with saving my work and felt that the technical support could never satisfactorily address those issues so we eventually switched to another email client.

Allison
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good platform for email and landing pages

Bewertet am 11.4.2019

I had great customer service and it has met my needs. The platform is extremely easy to use but I wish it was a little bit more sophisticated on adding new contacts into automated campaigns.

The price and easy set up. Very easy to set up with our information and start sending out emails.

The process for adding new people to an automated email list. This was a major time waster for me and I wish there was an easier process for adding new people into an automated campaign.

• Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's better, but not there yet

Bewertet am 15.9.2022

meh

meh

Since emma added drag and drop functionality, it's a big improvement. It's got a long way to go

social sharing not there yet, photo editing, forget it. frustrating to make it look nice

Cory
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Plenty of other great, more affordable products than this one.Training is a Scam

Bewertet am 11.10.2017

Other than a monthly billing for NOT using there product, literally no benefit.

Other than a monthly billing for NOT using there product, literally no benefit.

Has nice templates and admin. Other than that there werent many features that couldnt be selected or offered from another company at a far more reasonable cost.

Training was a COMPLETE waste of money. All the "Trainer Did" was give me a 15 -20 minute rundown of some of the features I already knew about. Company claimed it was an "hour consultation"...which even if it had been would be an insane hourly rate
I had clients interested in using it and having us manage it. Ultimately they did not like the functions, especially for the price, so we discontinued that service within 2 months of using MyEmma. However, MYEmma continued to bill use and threatened to bill for a full entire year. Event though we no longer use any aspect of their business. Proving the greed of business and their "could care less" about the customer business motto.

Antwort von Marigold

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Emma and would like to address your concerns. Our Director of Customer Success, Cliff Corr will reach out to directly to set up a time to discuss.

Melinda

Easy-to-Use, Basic ESP

Bewertet am 15.12.2016

Emma makes email marketing easy for small businesses, non-web people, and those with low resource availability. It's intuitive and easy to use, no HTML knowledge required. There are hundreds of templates to pick from, or you can upload your own custom emails as well.

One of the major limitations I find in this software is in testing capabilities. A/B/C testing for subject lines is built in, and it will send to the winner after a few hours, but that's it. You can't A/B in email content without manually downloading, splitting your list, and re-uploading it as two different segments. You track the results on your own and send to the remainder of your list. It's time-consuming and cumbersome.

Emma does integrate with many major e-commerce providers. We've used the Shopify integration. That has also been a bit cumbersome. Though we get the emails of purchasers, there aren't very many trigger email options through Emma.

Overall, this is a great little program, especially if you are a small business or don't have an email team. It's not the Cadillac of ESPs, but it all you need is a reliable Honda, this would be a good fit.

Mich
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Emma is just OKay

Bewertet am 15.10.2019

I really looked hard at using this program again, because I used it at my previous work and thought it would save me time in the short run, but quickly realized it wasn't going to work for me. The CSR was illusive and the price wasn't right. Then when I factored in the problems I experienced with the platform at my previous job, I felt it was no longer a good fit for me.

I like that you can create super professional emails. I liked the templates one could choose from and ability to use links.

Where do I start? Emma can be persnickity... meaning, if you exhale wrong, the wrong version of your email may go out. Label it incorrectly and you'll get a strange headline pop up on your target audience's email headline. It's also super slow. It is drag and drop, to a point. You can use links, but you can't put documents in your emails. You have to host those on Office 365 or someplace like that, get a link, then put that in the doc.

Bridget
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Emma is an average eblast system with nice reporting features, but it's not my top pick of...

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

I like that it comes with pre-made templates and that you can change the colors, etc within those templates.

I would prefer that the program at least was a bit more forgiving in terms of it's auto-save feature. The un-do feature after it auto-saves rarely works and is really annoying...

Mary
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Attractive Newsletters but Slow Site

Bewertet am 16.1.2019

I use emma to send newsletters and calls to action to my volunteer list. I need to be able to publish professional-looking mailings that will draw people in and make them want to engage. emma lets my entire company send mass-mailings from one place with the different group options and templates.

emma makes newsletters simple. Editing the newsletter takes very little time, and with the templates and tools it's easy to make a quality-looking newsletter without a graphic designer. The analytics emma provides about mailings is very helpful in seeking to improve and testing which type of messaging works best. Having a built in a/b test is particularly helpful is comparing different messages.

emma loads VERY slowly, especially considering our small non-profit does not have an overwhelming number of members in our audience. Adding new audience members or running a search takes a lot of time, which is frustrating and surprising.

Joseph
  • Branche: Großhandel

Easy to use Email marketing App

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

I've used Emma for years now and I like it just fine, I wish that scheduling campaigns was slightly easier and I would like to have more creative ability with the drag and drop editor but all in all, it is a solid email campaign app.

Drag and drop editor, easy to comprehend customer lists, functions that everyone can understand

limited functionality with drag and drop editor, setting up multiple emails for a single campaign can be tedious, unable to have multiple 'From' addresses

She's ok

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

I like how easy it is to send yourself tests of the emailers you create. The drag and drop tool is straightforward too. Support is pretty helpful and easy to get connected with.

I don't like if I have to change out an image in an email and a link and metadata are already assigned, the link and metadata automatically clear out and I have to reassign it. Over the years of using it, it seems like it is slow to load and I've used it in a variety of browsers.

Walter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Emma Email Marketing

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

This product serves the purpose, however we need a solution that integrates with our CRM (Recruiter) so we had to move away from it.

Drag and drop feature makes set up rather easy. It also gives the opportunity to edit the HTML if needed. This comes in handy with line spacing, especially if it is pasted from an outside document.

Line-spacing can be tricky sometimes if pasted from an outside document, even if you use "paste without styles". More analytics for sends would be nice.

Bridget

If it were my choice...

Bewertet am 26.1.2017

Tools don't always work well - or as expected. Auto save function is super annoying and 'undo' doesn't work very often either. Seems pretty limited for a tech-savvy super user as myself.

Easy to import users, export lists...

the WYSIWYG editor features...pretty limited in terms of buttons, colors, links, drives me crazy