Expensify

Nasko
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Save Time and Money by Using Expensify

Bewertet am 8.3.2022

Overall very happy with Expensify as a solution that allows me to have all my expenses organized in one place. Would highly recommend using it, especially for its feature that allows me to attach digital images of the receipts to each expense item. It has a great option to submit and send expense reports to multiple people. If you are using Expensify across mutliple users, all the information is easily accessible by every team member.

A great solution to keep all my expense reports in one place, with a great option to attach PDFs of receipts and/or images of receipts. Expensify can pull data directly from my credit card statements and that feature alone saves a lot of time of manual entering numbers and vendors.

It can get a little too much to configure in the beginning and navigating down to expense categories is not the easiest to do - it takes time to find things around that I could customize but once these are all in place, using Expensify is fairly easy. Expensify creates automatic names for your reports - make sure you change them to something that makes sense to you and your accountants or everyone will wonder what Expense Report 234902u5435242ewd is for.

Laura
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Smoothest expense reporting software ever

Bewertet am 18.8.2020

Overall, everything has been good with Expensify down to the coding for my purposes. Users like that it literally creates a report they get paid for almost immediately without them having to nag accounting. It's a win win for everyone and well worth the cost per user.

The ease of use for our employees is great and very intuitive. I can make changes on the fly to reports if another user doesn't have it quite right for accounting purposes. It categorizes everything including mileage right where it should be.

Integration with our accounting software would probably be very easy if I could get higher ups to agree (They worry it might not flow correctly). I do have to take some manual steps to make that happen - otherwise there is nothing I want to add to the Con List.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Expensify

We did not have the credit card usage that Concurent was well known for. The Excel version of reporting still wasted a lot of man hours to handle. Expensify was the best of all three choices hands down. Not looking back!
Raphael
Raphael
  • Branche: Internet

Avoid at all costs!

Bewertet am 30.6.2023

Overall experience has been *terrible*. I will never ever use this service again nor recommend it to anyone.

I am the founder/CEO of my company, and adopted expensify because it was simple and easy-to-use, and largely automated expenses/reimbursement and financial reporting of same.

Unfortunately, something bad has happened to this company since those early days.First, they started putting up these really confusingly-labeled buttons which, if clicked, would automatically opt you in to using their new credit card product. And after I accidentally clicked one of those buttons, there was *no way* to undo it and every employee at my company was emailed a credit card! It was a huge fiasco.We decided to stop using Expensify due to these issues, as well as poor support, at the end of 2022. However, since our cancellation request arrived a few days *after* Jan 1 2023, they refused to cancel our account and continued to charge us over $1400 despite us not using the service at all. Eventually I had to contest the charges and ask our credit card issuer to deny future charges from expensify.

Kirsten
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Overcomplicated setup

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

Necessary evil at the moment. The accounting integrates well with Sage Intacct. Painful to set up new accounts, add new cards, etc.

Accounting system integration is pretty simple to set up.

Support never seems to know how to help, throws up their hands usually. Workflow is frustrating - never quite sure how the routing is working. Forces you to set up multiple domains to have multiple accounts at the same institution.

Mark
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Good Product - Truly Awful Onboarding and Support

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

While the product is good if you don't have any complications, the onboarding and support are probably the worst I have ever experienced. After a brief training session, there is no longer any phone call support allowed (only email and chat and the delays could be many hours and often days).

More recently with the COVID-19 situation, their usage has plummeted so they recently announced a doubling of pricing (100% increase) to all users if they don't switch to using their credit card which for many companies (including ourselves and including reasons like the cc syncing problem) will not work. The message about the price increase was hidden in a very very long email from the CEO titled something about support improvements.

It is easy for the end user to use, particularly given the mobile app. It has a lot of good controls and notifications for potential user errors or abuses.

The credit card sync features often don't work or are significantly delayed (days, weeks if at all) which causes unintended reimbursements for non reimbursable expenses and messed up accounting.

SAP Concur

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Expensify

It seemed to have the controls and ease of use that we needed and it charged per active user per month rather than a per expense report submitted which fit our needs well.
Travis
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Expensify solved our receipt problems

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

We no longer have to keep paper receipts, and Expensify even tracks international service charges to match out of country purchases to our credit card bills.

We used to have to keep paper receipts and scan them into emails, Expensify has solved that while also making it easy to reimburse someone when they use a personal account to make a purchase.

Sometimes Expensify will disconnect with our bank software and we will not be able to submit reports until they reconnect.

Emburse Tallie

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Expensify

The ability to have automated reimbursements.
Joshua
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Expensify Review

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

It's a good program that keeps track of expenses. I've found it to be very convenient and user friendly.

It is so easy to load in your information, and it guides you along the entire process, as well as providing reminders if you haven't submitted, and lets you know when you will be reimbursed.

I tried letting the program read my receipt once, and it took forever. Just manually enter the information and you'll have no problem.

Gene
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Expensify for expenses

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

I am managing our expenses and tax reporting with Expensify.

I am managing our expenses and tax reporting with Expensify.

Good value for the cost. It is pretty easy to work with and is relatively customizable. There are several, easy ways to submit expenses.

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but it's not too bad. It is pretty heavily focused on expense reporting for employees, which takes a little adjustment for my needs.

TurboTax Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Expensify

Better fit for my business. I only needed expense tracking.
Bou
Bou
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

I love Expensify, I miss it, but CORE has more features

Bewertet am 1.12.2023

User friendliness is uncomparable. Straigforward options and clear visuals.

The lack of billing, invoicing and cost tracking features. This is why we switched to CORE. I hate CORE. I love Expensify. I miss it

Holly
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Expensify in Vet Med

Bewertet am 31.10.2023

What I like most about Expensify is that we can easily document and keep up with expenses at the hospital. We can use this when creating the budget as well.

There isn't anything that I would change about Expensify at this time. For what we use it for it works great!

Christie

Good Resource

Bewertet am 18.6.2018

Our company went from using excel spreadsheets to monitor spending and expense reports to using Expensify once it was launched company wide a year and a half ago. In comparison to the old way of doing things, Expensify is a huge improvement. The software can sync with your corporate card (or personal card, if you'd like) so all your transactions are pulled into Expensify automatically. The only time a manual expense needs to be created is if you paid with cash, used a card that is not synced to Expensify or if you're entering mileage. Entering mileage is my second favorite thing about Expensify. It's very easy and can be as simple as inputting your starting destination and ending destination, and it will calculate the mileage for you. My favorite part of Expensify, however, is the mobile app. It allows you to take photos of receipts right away (especially nice while travelling) so you don't have to worry about collecting receipts and scanning them in once you're back in the office. Another nice feature of Expensify is that you can sort and put filters of your expenses to track category spend. This is very nice for our company as we receive some health wellness benefits that allow u to use X amount of money per year so these filters help us track our personal annual spend.

There are some features that have limited options for settings. The first example that comes to mind is if you take a picture of a receipt on the Expensify app, it will automatically mark that expense as reimbursable, even if you it's not.

Dawood
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A perfect tool for recording, classifying, and reporting on expenses.

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

He contributed to documenting all expenses, as Expensify worked to speed up the pace of sending receipts and explanations on them and taking approvals, which was taking us a long time in the past. With Expensify, preparing reports and schedules for payments is very easy, and we are able to easily track any unnecessary payments.

Expensify simplifies the task of tracking the expenses and expenses of the team as well as the daily expenses of the organization as a whole. The receipts are simply scanned, where Expensify extracts data from them and adds them to the schedule of expenses, and sends a notification to the direct official to take approval, which organizes those operations, which used to send us monthly to block a file containing many paper receipts, and send them to auditors who may take a long time Expensify has changed all that, and succeeded in automating all processes, so that sending data, obtaining approvals and sending notifications to pay money is done automatically and without the need to accumulate invoices and files All of them are now stored in the cloud.

There is nothing worth mentioning, as both the desktop and mobile application are easy to use, the scanning and autofill system works excellently, and the price is good for a subscription that works for everyone.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Expensify to the Rescue!

Bewertet am 26.2.2019

Organization. Receipt management.

Organization. Receipt management.

I work overseas. Mostly in Europe and my company is based in California. I work for an international charter school organization basically travel for a living while meeting with government entities about educational opportunities. My whole life is expenses. I spend my own money and get reimbursed so it's critical that every receipt, every lunch, hotel, meal, every expense is documented and saved.

I'm not the best with money and I struggle with organization on the road. Fortunately, Expensify helps me with both. Every receipt I collect can be instantly scanned and saved. There is no limit to the number which is great because someday's I have in excess of 20 receipts.

Expensify tallies my receipts as I go which assures I stay on budget and don't overspend. If I overspend or go over budget I don't get that money back so this feature is critical.

My company uses Quickbooks for accounting and Expensify integrates with Quickbooks effortlessly. For those who do not use Quickbooks, rest easy; there isn't a popular (or unpopular) software that Expensify doesn't integrate with.

If managing multiple receipts and budgeting is important to you, you MUST give Expensify a try.

Nothing. Expensify is the most complete travel expense app on the market.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Branche: E-Learning

Say Goodbye to Paper Receipts with Expensify

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

Overall, Expensify is a great option for businesses of all sizes looking to simplify their expense management process. Its user-friendly interface, SmartScan feature, and integrations with other accounting tools make it a top choice for many users. However, the occasional downtime and complex setup process of some features may be a drawback for some users.

One of the biggest pros of Expensify is its user-friendly interface. It is easy to navigate and use, and the features are well-organized, making it simple to access the functions we need. The mobile app is also well-designed, allowing us to easily scan receipts and upload expenses on-the-go. The software also offers integrations with other accounting tools, such as QuickBooks and Xero, which make it a great option for those looking to streamline their workflow. Another pro of Expensify is its SmartScan feature. This feature allows us to scan a receipt with our smartphone and automatically input the data into the software. It saves time and eliminates the need for manual entry, reducing the potential for human error. In addition, the software can automatically categorize expenses, saving us time and effort.

Some of the features, such as the credit card reconciliation function, can be a bit complex to set up and understand.

Raad
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simplify the management and documentation of spending operations effortlessly

Bewertet am 6.4.2023

with Expensify , we Get automatic payment notifications and accurate spending reports, which enable appropriate corrective measures by management.

with Expensify Access all necessary tools and records easily, automate spending procedures, and facilitate budget monitoring and evaluation. With the mobile app, scan paper invoices and request approval for increased spending limits within minutes. Expensify also provides flexibility in payment processes by accepting credit card and bank transfer linking, eliminating the need for additional paperwork or switching between platforms.

The intuitive design of Expensify makes it easy to use, without encountering any difficulties.

Victoria
Victoria
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Powerful and versatile expense management software.

Bewertet am 16.8.2023

Expencify is a very easy to use platform with a lot of features.It helps me keep track of expenses in my department and prevents overspending.It allows me to keep a live and controlled budget and saves me time in analyzing expenses and receipts.It allows me to keep track of our employees' expenses with a corporate card and avoid unnecessary expenses.

What I like most about Expencify is the receipt scanning feature, it allows me to extract the relevant information from each receipt just by scanning it with my phone.It also saves me a lot of time by categorizing my expenses for more complete tracking.It integrates with other accounting and expense platforms, which helps to maintain more complete control over what each employee or department spends.

It is a powerful and versatile expense management software that has no weak points, it works very well.

Jany
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

I love Expensify!

Bewertet am 16.5.2018

Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Sally
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Expensify is pretty good

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

Overall I think Expensify is a solid product but I do believe they would do well to add a lot of functionality from an administrator / accounting perspective.

I like the ease of loading receipts and drilling down into an expense report to find the data I need for accounting purposes. I like the user interface. It's extremely easy to add a new user and our new users never really have questions so I think the users find it easy to navigate. I love that it interfaces with our accounting software creating a seamless exchange of data once everything is set up properly; this saves a lot of time and duplicate entry. I love that it has a direct pay option - the users get the payments directly to their bank account.
The customer support is a chat feature - they don't always respond immediately but it's always pretty quick and they are extremely responsive. They have always helped solve all my issues and I consider their support to be pretty top-notch.

I think the product is lacking altogether in Reporting functionality. There's really not even a "Reports" module to speak of. You have to basically go in and pull your own data from the modules ...it makes everything feel clunky and unprofessional. It's also tricky to find what you need in settings, from an administrator perspective.

Peter
Peter
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Superb cloud expense reporting

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

Expensify has made everything regarding expense reporting easier. Snap photos of receipts. Auto scan them for information. Connect credit card or bank accounts to automatically draw data for expense reports. Submit to multiple approvers. Get immediate responses. And Expensify continues to develop and support the product very well. We have recommended Expensify to many other organizations like ours.

Sometimes the connections to financial accounts break. And I'm notified of the fact. I have to notice it myself and wish there were an automated notification.

Stefanos
Stefanos
  • Branche: Internet

Reliable and rewarding!

Bewertet am 11.10.2017

- Expense tidying up
- Categorize according to projects, events etc.
- Everything centralized
-...

- Expense tidying up
- Categorize according to projects, events etc.
- Everything centralized
- Ability to handle expenses with other team members

We have been using Expensify for over a year now and I can say that it we have been pleased more or less. I really like the fact that you are given the ability to manage your expense and categorize according to how detailed you really need it.

In addition, the joint report of all expenses is neat and easy to manipulate. I would say that it is quite user friendly once you get familiar with it (you do need a few times to use it in order to get a full handle on it). The app is a strong point as well.

Nothing too bad about it. Sometimes it cannot process as quickly as I desire especially when uploading pdf files. Subsequently I have had to log out and log in again to reset it in a sense.

Other than that I would say it is a rather solid service.

Kelci
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good Concept, Buggy Execution

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

Easy expense report submission.

Easy expense report submission.

I love the convenience of being able to submit work expenses for reimbursement in multiple categories and under different reimbursement schemes. The software facilitates automatic generation of reports and offers automatic submission as well, so I don't have to worry about categorizing or submitting my reports by month, pay period, etc. That can all be customized and automated. It also keeps track of the current reimbursement schemes offered by my company (i.e. current mileage reimbursement rates) so I don't have to manually keep track of that or enter it each time.

Because there are so many features to the software and customizable options, it loses a bit of the "user friendly" aspect. It also throws a lot of flags on certain expenses that I submit due to rules in the app that don't apply to that category of expenses (i.e. receipts are required for all expenses, but when I'm submitting a mileage expense, a receipt is not applicable). In order to take full advantage of all the software has to offer, it seems like you have to be an expert on customizing the app, otherwise you get lost in the feature sets and it becomes more confusing and less user-friendly. Furthermore, I haven't found the customer service to be incredibly helpful, and think the automated concierge customer service needs to be improved in order to be useful. I also wish the software/app would send reminders to me for recurring expenses that I submit on a monthly basis. For example, I often forget to upload my receipt for my phone plan, which is paid on the same date every month. I wish the software would remind me to do so. (Maybe there is this feature available, but it is not something I have found yet).

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Expenses made easy.

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

Overall Im happy. They have a powerful app and uploading expenses is quick and effective. The app is decent so saves you having to use the web client. Overall it does what you need it to do, but theres some advanced functions that Expensify is missing that its competitors have (Listed above).

I would recommend this vendor if you want speed and simplicity, but if you are interested in the more advanced functions and automation then its worth having a look at competitors first.

- Very easy to upload receipts
- Handy email reminders
- Variable options for tax which helps when working internationally
- Options to retract submitted expenses to correct mistakes without waiting for them to be declined by financing teams

- The receipt scan function is slow, to the point where everyone within our teams choses to manually upload the receipt info. This is fine as it doesn't take long but it makes the scan option pointless.
- No geotagging to show location of your purchases, such as you see in Monzo/Revelout/Stirling bank etc.
- Occasional software crashes, quite a minor complaint as you simply re-launch the app and continue
- No way to automatically link into a bank card, so your expenses don't automatically upload - This would be such a game changer!
- No total expenses viewable on app, you can see the total value of each individual claim but if you want to see how much you have claimed over the week/month/year you need to manually add them up.

Howard
  • Branche: Versicherung

A Senior Accountant's Review

Bewertet am 11.6.2019

The direct integration between Expensify and NetSuite saves us time from keying in each expense report plus it provides a link to each receipt in NetSuite.

Expensify has partnered up with NetSuite to create a direct integration between them, which makes it so much more efficient.

Expensify makes you choose how many user's to bill every month in advance in order to get the discounted monthly rate, whether or not you actually have that make user's using it. We found not all our user's use Expensify every month. And as a result, we are paying more than we should. Unfortunately, if we chose to be billed for less user's and we have more user's then we get billed at the full price on the overage.

tim
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software...but they've become a scam with overcharging and hidden costs

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

Appalling customer service and terrible ethics.

Appalling customer service and terrible ethics.

Makes expenses simple with great workflow and authorisation steps.

Our billing moved from $9 a person on a variable basis, i.e. if 4 people used it for a month then we'd be charged 4 x $9 = $36 to an eye watering 13 x $35 = $455 a month that is FIXED for a year. We only have 9 staff...and none of us are traveling. Escalating fees is one thing when the service is being used and is good...but Expensify is forcing you to use their card and gouging users if you don't.

It's shady and unethical at best.

Expensify were leaders in the space...but they've slipped and fallen to low places. AVOID.

• Branche: Möbel
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Super easy expense tracker for business, reimbursement, or personal

Bewertet am 1.5.2018

Helped me track my travel, business and personal expenses

Helped me track my travel, business and personal expenses

Expensify is extremely easy to use. You simply take a picture of your receipt or invoice and it digitally reads the receipt, figuring out what it is for, the amount, the payment method, and the merchant. It's not always perfect at doing this, but it's usually pretty accurate. You can create "buckets" so you can keep your expenses separated by type, so if you need one for your work and one for your personal and one for your side job, they can all be separated. It's also great for trips or for tracking receipts for reimbursement. We used it at my church to track things we bought for the church, and I've used it on business trips to track my reimbursable expenditures. This is made easier by the fact that you can then run reports on your expenses so you can hand those over to the other party for reimbursement or expensing.

As I mentioned, the automatic detection feature is not always 100% accurate; some manual editing is sometimes required. Also, I've had some issues with the app freezing or the camera not working. Overall though, it manages to take most of the pain out of expense tracking.