Paymo

Aufgabenmanagement, Zeiterfassung und Abrechnung für kleine und mittlere Unternehmen

Sortieren nach

Kasimir

Einfaches und kompaktes Tool

Bewertet am 22.3.2024

Immer sehr erfolgreiches Task Managment

Immer sehr erfolgreiches Task Managment

Die vielen möglichkeiten für das Einstellen von Tasks

Oft nicht immer so überschaubar und könnte einfacher sein

Gidon
Gidon
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The best time tracking and project management tool

Bewertet am 20.3.2024

For me it was a game changer, once I started working with Paymo.
Today it's one of my most...

For me it was a game changer, once I started working with Paymo.
Today it's one of my most important business tools.

Using this excellent time tracking suite changed the way I manage my business.
It's been more than 10 years of understanding the big picture, charging the clients accordingly, having my own database of project durations and scope.

I wish I could customize more dashboard settings, though what's there is quite good

Rachel

Paymo review

Bewertet am 27.3.2024

Easy to track time and see calendar view on timesheets to visualise your day. Easy to create a project and great to see different viewing options such as table or gantt depending on how you need to visualise a project.

Scheduling/resource management could be better. We can't register the time that an employee may work every week as some are part-time. (as far as I know) And we can't build out a person's day in a calendar style similar to timesheets to dictate when they should be working on something.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Please note that by using the Day view in Team scheduling you can set specific time intervals the user should be working on the tasks.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nothing special, but it works

Bewertet am 20.3.2024

We use Paymo for time management, or at least tracking the hours spent on projects.
For this purpose it works. The interface is easy to use and it time entry is a breeze.

Paymo is not the best solution out there, but not the worst either.
I would not say there is a particular bad thing about Paymo, rather that it comes down to personal preference. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, find timesheet entry a pain, regardless of what time tracking software is being used. Is there a better way of doing this? Yes, but I have not developed it, yet.

Adami
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Long time user satisfied!

Bewertet am 11.3.2024

Been trying Wrike, Monday, Asana and more and came back for the overall experience, ease of use and invoices that are integrated within our project planning.

All the basics are well integrated from a simple task list to complexe product road maps with the invoicing system / expenses that we can sync with our accounting software.

The invoice link system + recuring invoices that is missing.

monday.com, Wrike und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Overall integration with multiple modules for our different team members.

Hi Adami,

Please contact our support and they will guide you on how to use the recurring invoices and get more details on the how invoice link system works.

Ruben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A toolbox for the small business

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Paymo has every crucial tool any small agency could need for kick-starting business. Its simplicity makes it easy to learn and implement, and when you compare it with more specific tools, it saves you a lot of time

As every other one-size-fits-all solution, Paymo doesn't excel on any of the tasks it covers. Of course managing projects thru an specific task management will be ultimately better, same as with invoicing, but it would require dedicated manpower taking care of those as well. Paymo compromises specificity for ease to use and maintain, so you'll have to adapt processes to Paymo and not the other way around.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, Clockify und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo does what these other three tools do separately, easier and at a lower cost.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Loving paymo

Bewertet am 21.3.2024

It has helped our org so much. Great customer service. Intuitive. Affordable. I am excited to learn even more features and use it to its full potential.

Great customer service. Lots of customizability.

I only wish I could integrate google cal into the app and not just the browser.
For less tech-savvy users, it has been slightly challenging to navigate, but that's expected. I'm more tech fluent, and I find it very intuitive.

Toggl Track

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo has much better time tracking options

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Better nonprofit discount. Love the report feature. Monday.com seems to have better task management system, but time tracking was more important to us, so we went with paymo.
Selina

Love this PM Tool

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Love Paymo, super easy to use and customizable!

Love Paymo, super easy to use and customizable!

Really helpful tool for project task management, tracking, establishing deadlines, planning resources. It’s essential for me to track my time working with each project to ensure staying on budget and also manage my own invoice.

Would love different colours in the tasks and also that we can add hourly rates beyond just £ as that makes our invoice tracking a bit tricky. Would also love to manage an entire task from the front task mask (add hour estimates etc)

Anrich

Generic Paymo User

Bewertet am 12.3.2024

Quick and easy to use for time logging. Specifically the ability to start and stop a timer is helpful because at the end of a day I can't remember how long I spent on what work...

Nothing actually. I more dislike the way the company is using it since we are required to write essays describing what we did for every time entry

Mike
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love Paymo! Would highly recommend it!

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

So far we are very happy with Paymo and will continue to use it and recommend it. The team has found it easy to use so far and to implement with everyone.

We love the time tracking and project management combined in Paymo, it allows for 1 tool for our team rather than having multiple softwares to do what we need. We use time tracking + the task/project management heavily, so it's awesome to have it in 1 product.

There's just some small features I think that will come that would be great. Some minor things, like adding expenses from the project view for example. But it's great we can add feedback and suggest edits.

Mordy

Very Solid program

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

Time tracking and project billing all in each task!

the communication chat in the tasks could be better, would love if it was more like monday where it becomes like a slack chat with notifications

Cameron
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all!

If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a developer that can setup custom API's...your info is stuck in their system!
You can enter clients, companies, etc. and change view to "Table" and see it in table mode, but that view still only gives you the general company information, NOT the contacts for that company and that is 1 of 2, yes that is right 2 places in the entire system of everything you may have entered where you can download/export that view into Excel/CSV file....everything else is PDF if you are lucky!!

If you are a VERY small, VERY basic bookkeeping/accounting freelancer (NO TEAM, just you and very basic billing) - fine, it may work...but if you have more than 1 person in your team other than you, have different rates or even the SLIGHTEST out of the norm billing or cycles...GOOD LUCK!!!

I am furious with this system after being told what it could do and I explained in detail, and "oh yeah, that is not a problem at all"...only to find out, everything I explained about what we needed, went in one ear and out the other just to make the sale...now I have a barely usable system and wasted $$$$!!

Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye.
System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do
support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!)
Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

Hi Cameron,

Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something.

Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only.

However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API.

And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

Pavol
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Teamwork.com, Trello, Float und Wrike

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo had gantt chart planning integrated, mobile app and was cheaper.

Teamwork.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Thank you, Pavol!

Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about?

iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry!

You can write us at support@paymoapp.com and ask for Marcel ;)

Cheers!

Leticia
Leticia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Our main tool to run the business

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

We have been working with Paymo for more than 5 years now and over the years we've seen constant improvement with new features. It's a rich feature tool for a low price and it suits our company as no other does, not only in what they offer but in an intuitive and easy-to-use tool. The timer, invoices using the timesheet, team scheduling, sending estimates, all those make the difference in our business and has help us to save and make money.

The timer is the best feature of Paymo. We search a lot but none of the other tools allows us to easy time our work and bill our clients as Paymo, with an always-visible timer. And the ability to bill our clients with the timesheet completes our process perfectly.

It's lacking a client portal, where they have all information about their project and invoices

Harvest, Invoice Ninja und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

The always-visible timer and invoicing with timesheet abilities.

Antwort von Paymo

Time tracking FTW, Leticia - thank you :)

I think there's a misunderstanding. The current client portal allows clients to view their invoices. Just be sure to add them as contacts too: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/900000-how-do-i-add-a-contact-to-a-client

They can't see the project progress, something that is going to be fixed with the next release of the client portal. That will grant guest users in-app access.

This is our #1 priority right now, so stay tuned!

Kind regards,

Jelena
Jelena
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

My time and sanity saver!

Bewertet am 1.7.2020

I've increased my productivity with Paymo's Kanban board view, combined with Table view, and saved TONS of hours on admin, invoicing, timesheets, client and project management.

Just this time saving alone pays off the monthly subscription.

Sanity and nerves saving is the bonus! :)

Why? Because Paymo helped me maintain good client relationships, timesheet transparency and great records&data representation for a client. So when a client comes up with a random question about a specific task, Paymo's records make finding (and presenting) a specific information or record so much easier, transparent and more reliable.

Paymo has been a lifesaver in many business management areas: project management, client management, time tracking, accounting.

With built-in budgeting, time tracking, expense tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing and getting paid online (and on time!), different project 'views' (list, table, board for kanban, gantt), extensive filters, dashboard and insights, resource scheduling, live time reports, client portal - and all that in one app - it's a sanity saver!

One of the things I also personally quite appreciate is the professional and clean look of the invoices (and how easy it is for clients to pay them online). With a click of a button, you can add the unbilled time/fees for a specific time period and/or projects to an invoice. Paymo does all that heavy admin stuff for you and it has saved me a lot of time!

Cherry on the top: all invoice items are presented so neatly and professionally, so that my clients can see exactly everything I've worked on for them and what I'm billing them for, as well as how much time is tracked for each project and task.

And Payoneer, in addition to PayPal/Stripe/Authorize.Net payment gateways is a big plus!

It's brilliant.

The moment I first tried it, I could immediately feel that Paymo is the tool designed for actual freelancers in mind, whether you work on a project basis, or a pay-as-you-go basis.

It's not complex, and all the features it has are just *right*. Exactly what I need.

And it's getting even better!

I wish the app was just a little bit faster, but I read somewhere that they already have this improvement on their roadmap.

Still, if you ask me, it's totally worth the wait for every new feature and improvement their team is cooking for us :)

Antwort von Paymo

Speed improvements are already something that we're addressing. Stay tuned for more goodies such as a task calendar view, improved mobile app with team collaboration features and guest access.

Cheers,

Marianela
Marianela
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Paymo represents agility in the execution of projects and quality assurance.

Bewertet am 11.3.2023

Paymo is an effective platform, which does not require a learning curve on the part of the people who use it, in addition to the fact that many business rules associated with the execution of projects are already implemented. On the other hand, we have visibility for the prioritization of tasks, the notification to the participants of each activity, and in general, Paymo can grow based on the needs and projects that our organization can handle.

Paymo focuses on providing a simple and efficient platform, with the implementation of those functionalities that really generate value, in addition to offering a fairly complete Dashboard for generating reports and useful information for stakeholders. With Paymo we keep our work team focused, in addition to having the mobile APP to be able to record progress directly from where we are, in real time, and notify about progress. People and users can work on more than one project at the same time and each of them knows the tasks they must perform, the times in which they want the activities to be completed, as well as being able to attach support information.With Poymo we can register with the Timer option the work dedicated to each activity and in this way we can give greater visibility to the Project Management.

Paymo has demonstrated that it meets the objectives of any project, and they are precisely: being able to offer visibility for the fulfillment of each and every one of the tasks, also guarantees that team members have delivery dates at hand and can report the advances, considering the participation of multiple projects, however, it may be that for more complex projects in which team management, use of tools and acquisition of supplies for execution are required, project managers require other complementary tools such as sheets calculation to manage what we cannot detail from the software itself, however this does not apply to all projects and may or may not be a limitation in many service areas related to traditional activity tracking.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Paymo makes coordinating projects and tasks easy

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

We have complete control over all of our projects, both active and dormant, which allows us to give our clients nothing but the highest quality results.

The Time-Tracking functionality is what ultimately led us to select Paymo. With Paymo, we can easily keep track of our time spent on each client's and each project's work, as well as generate time reports. When necessary, we can send out invoices that can be paid with PayPal, regardless of whether the customer is a registered Paypal user or not.

I wish there were more visual formatting options for estimates and invoices. As a designer, I know how crucial it is to pay close attention to detail, and I'd appreciate it if my bills and estimates reflected that.

Liviu

Best Project Management Solution

Bewertet am 26.8.2019

It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It has better features that help our business.

Hi Liviu,

Kudos for your trust in us :)

Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light?

I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Thank you!

Federico
Federico
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

All the features to manage my work, projects and invoicing

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

First of all, Paymo is easy to begin to use. I need to keep a record of the time and tasks I execute in the projects I work, but also I need to invoice my clients. Some invoice should be sent recurring, so I needed that feature. Also, I found that Paymo have an API to import my current clients and projects.

I was using another sowftware but no new features were realeased during years and the support was inexistent. Then I searched for another software to help me to organize my work and tested a lot of options. Paymo was perfect for what I was looking for and the support service was always ready. Also, since I was using the software new features were realeased.

It was not easy to understand how the recurring invoices work, so I have to read some help documents. I think that general usability is good, but I think that some features should be made more easy to use.

Antwort von Paymo

Thank you, Federicoo! Can you write us on our community forum (https://community.paymoapp.com/) about how we can improve recurring invoices and the other features you have in mind?

We're always open for feedback :)

Matijs
  • Branche: Internet

Easy to set up and use

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Paymo is a nice piece of software where we can do exactly the things we need to do. It has a good uptime.

It's easy to setup and use. You can use it straight forward and adding clients and projects is easy.

The fact there is no 2-way authentication is really a thing here, also the lack on smaller accounts is a miss. We only use time tracking, invoicing and basic clients and projects. We don't need canban boards or options like that.

Andrew
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Paymo Review

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

Support is great!

Support is great!

The ease of use and ability to switch views of dashboards, tasks is great. The functionality of tracking time without using a third-party tool is also great.

No desktop or mobile version and cost is slightly higher than competition.

Trello, monday.com und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo was a lot more specific to our industry and was more user friendly.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind words! We believe in the power of web and want to make Paymo accessible from everywhere, that's why we've opted for a web version.

The only desktop apps that we have are the desktop widget and PaymoPlus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

As for the cost, it's a bit of a subjective matter. We couple task management with time tracking, planning, resource scheduling, invoicing, and leave planner - so we pretty much replace the cost of 3-4 apps on average.

Not sure which competitors you've tested us against, so can't make a definitive comment.

Cheers,

Olga
Olga
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great app for small business

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

We have been using Paymo for two years and it has become an essential tool for our business: we control our database of clients, projects, budgets, times and offer a professional image with the invoicing. Also, we use it as basic CRM. We are happy with the customer service and with the best and updates that are added to the app.

Paymo is very useful for budget and billing control, time tracking and customer and project management.

I would like it to have more advanced functionalities like CRM

Antwort von Paymo

Appreciate the feedback, Olga!

Indeed, we have no CRM function per se. What we have instead is a light client databse in the form of the Client module.

You can then filter after them in the Clients Table View: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3064844-clients-table-view

Would this help?

Ilan
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Software that surves me as a freelance individual for years.

Bewertet am 20.6.2020

I use Paymo since it's the first version. Back those days I used the Paymo Plus desktop app, recording absolutely everything I do on my computer. By the end of the day, I reorganized everything. It helped me to find "holes" in my schedule, where I spent too much time on social networks and the internet.
Today I plan my week, I collect data about my tasks, searching where can I improve myself. I see how many clients do I have since I started freelancing. All of them there! I manage who is an important client, which one is the most paying one.
I often use Timesheets set to a weekly view, so I can see how much I busy this week.
A homepage quickly shows all my tasks and a dashboard helps me to see my progress.

Paymo can serve big companies with a large number of users and departments. For me as an individual, Paymo is one place for managing my clients, projects, task, and time.
One of the first and absolutely necessary things for me as a freelancer is good, simple to use time management tool. Paymo has an implemented live timer that is connected to all my tasks and projects of a specific client.
Not less important is the ability to produce smart time reports I send to my clients and get paid by. Half of my tasks are in Hebrew, and Paymo works just great with RTL languages. This is crucial for my time of business. The report could be set by tasks, days, or other specific categories.
The timer exists in the browsers when using the softer, but it also has a completely synchronized desktop app which I use for the most, and mobile app, which I use when I work outside my office.

Actually, Paymo has more features I'm sure I would use, like Gantt Chart, or Invoices, though this feature costs extra $19.95 per month and I prefer not to pay for it since it's not so necessary for my business.

Hi Ilan,

Appreciate the kind words :) You must be on an old plan, as Invoices are now available under the Small Office plan ($11.95/user/mo) and Gantt Charts under the Business one ($18.95/user/mo).

Frank
Frank

Constantly improving

Bewertet am 14.7.2019

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Asana

Pricing and UX

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Dejan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Almost tailor made for my needs

Bewertet am 14.3.2024

Overly positive, I’ve been researching for a tool long and wide and tried 20+ options. This one was the closest to perfection for me.

The ease of tracking the work, employees time, billables and efforts.
Extremely well presented clients timesheets and work with shareable links.

There is space for improvement on tasks, and discussion tab feels like it can be upgraded with documentation and notes input options.
There is a bit of improvement for task workflows for my liking.

monday.com und ClickUp

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

It’s vastly overall more complete product

Trello