Paymo

Aufgabenmanagement, Zeiterfassung und Abrechnung für kleine und mittlere Unternehmen

Sortieren nach

Frank

Constantly improving

Bewertet am 14.7.2019

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Asana

Pricing and UX

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Taylor

Paymo is the Best Task-Managing Platform I've Used

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Overall Paymo is the best task managing platform I've used. It's clean, simple and user friendly. I would definitely recommend Paymo to other companies.

I like the flexibility of Paymo. Things are tailored to each day because it makes planning out large projects easier. It also allows for more productivity because we can see what needs to get done for each client right on the main screen. Paymo is also clean and pleasing to look at.

Something I would like to see improved is the "Progress" settings. As a design/web development company, we have a lot of projects that need to get approved by multiple people so we constantly have dozens of tasks pending/stuck. If there could be a section made specifically for stuck/pending/follow up tasks just to make our Home page less cluttered that would be helpful.

Thank you, Taylor!

I think there's a fix to your problem: project status. You can customize them as you wish to better reflect your process: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses

Then filter after them for a top-level view of what you're interested:https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888757-how-do-i-filter-projects-by-status

Did you try them out? We can hear each other at support@paymoapp.com :)

Luciano
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Project and task management without surprises

Bewertet am 24.6.2022

overall sufficient experience. It does not create particular problems for you, nor does it give you particular satisfaction. to work in a group it's fine, as long as you don't have high customization requirements

Paymo's ease of use is disarming: it allows you to configure your project and your tasks in an instinctive, fast and reliable way

Working in Paymo I often feel the need to represent my projects in alternative ways, such as a mind map, or generally a graphic board .. but this is not possible in Paymo

Zac

Great Product

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

The online support is fast and meaningful. The platform is fast, easy to use, and has lots of good reporting tools and filters.

Very user friendly. All the team members got familiar with it in less than a week

Timesheets for past weeks can't be locked which gives opportunity to cheeky users to manipulate hours.

Features and pricing

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Zac, thank you for the feedback!
We might take your suggestion into consideration in future updates.

Pavol
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Teamwork, Trello, Float und Wrike

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo had gantt chart planning integrated, mobile app and was cheaper.

Teamwork

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Thank you, Pavol!

Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about?

iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry!

You can write us at support@paymoapp.com and ask for Marcel ;)

Cheers!

Mitch
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best in the Biz (I think)

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Trello, Basecamp und Wrike

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best I've found for the my industry

Bewertet am 3.5.2020

Excellent - great value for money, scalable if I need more users, and really easy to use.

I've found that the user interface and features available in Paymo out perform other software available.

I did like that you can create online signed contracts on Bonsai - this was great for the design industry as I tend to have ongoing contracts with clients.

Jira

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Features such as tasks just were not detailed enough for my liking.

Bonsai.io

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Cost vs Features. I'm run a small company so need to keep cost as low as possible until I scale - Paymo is perfect as when I grow I can buy more users accounts.

Thank you, David!

Do you mind upvoting this feature suggestion about contracts on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/client-e-sign-contracts-and-agreements/221

Usually, the most upvoted ones get built.

Liviu

Best Project Management Solution

Bewertet am 26.8.2019

It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It has better features that help our business.

Hi Liviu,

Kudos for your trust in us :)

Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light?

I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Holly
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Paymo allows us to communicate and share client information with ease

Bewertet am 18.6.2020

Our business has grown since we started using Paymo, and it's great that we can grow with Paymo. We keep improving how we work and interact with Paymo and it is an integral part of the day-to-day of our business.

The scheduling tool has been a lifesaver. We have been using Paymo for year to manage our projects. All communication is via Paymo, to ensure there is one place where all updates are available to all staff.
We recently started using scheduling

We feel like the app could do with some work but the desktop version is great!

Slack, monday.com und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It seemed to have more ability to have detailed information sharing through project updates etc

Kudos, Holly!

Not sure if you reffered to the mobile app. If yes, then I'm glad to tell you it's going to include task assignment, rich task details, and comments in the next update that we're currently working on.

Stay tuned!

Andrew
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Paymo Review

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

Support is great!

The ease of use and ability to switch views of dashboards, tasks is great. The functionality of tracking time without using a third-party tool is also great.

No desktop or mobile version and cost is slightly higher than competition.

Trello, monday.com und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo was a lot more specific to our industry and was more user friendly.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind words! We believe in the power of web and want to make Paymo accessible from everywhere, that's why we've opted for a web version.

The only desktop apps that we have are the desktop widget and PaymoPlus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

As for the cost, it's a bit of a subjective matter. We couple task management with time tracking, planning, resource scheduling, invoicing, and leave planner - so we pretty much replace the cost of 3-4 apps on average.

Not sure which competitors you've tested us against, so can't make a definitive comment.

Cheers,

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome issue management software with good time tracking

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

I would recommend this service to every middle sized company, which is looking for a good solid isseu tracking software.

The time tracking and the desktop app for tracking are one of the best I've seen so far. This is one of the major point we choose this service of others.
The issue mgmt and reports are also quite handy.

The resource management could be improved and also some minor bugs.

Jira

Bitrix was awful.

Bitrix24

Hey there,

Our team scheduler is our spear-of-attack so to say, hence it's being constantly updated.

Just recently, we've launched a remaining hours feature that allows you to see the available bookable hours at a project and user level in a simpler format: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3578183-view-at-a-glance-the-remaining-hours-at-a-project-and-user-level

Expect more updates in this direction, like the ability to directly book a resource from the full task details.

Cheers!

Ayman
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Utilizing paymo Now is a great time to track your projects.

Bewertet am 7.8.2021

Simplify the project follow-up and control process as much as possible. All members of the work team now have the opportunity to do so, because by assigning priority to each member of the team, all project priorities will be determined in the end, and following them will be a simple process that does not demand considerable effort.

Paymo streamlines the process of tracking multiple projects at once, allowing for effective and efficient project monitoring and follow-up on multiple activities in a professional manner, where you can easily find all required tasks, as well as all data and information pertaining to any of your projects. One of the leading ideas in project management is the participation principle, in which all members of the work team and stakeholders are partners in the follow-up and control of tasks, each according to his or her specialization, saving time and effort and resulting in humiliating results in the end.

The program's archiving capability for all project data is unique, and it aids in the storage and retrieval of all data at any moment. Financial claims, completion rates, delayed activities, and risk analysis are among the reports you'll receive based on the information you submit. Finally, one of the most essential ways to improve the project team's performance is to save time and effort. Reducing office work time allows the project team to focus more on fieldwork, resulting in the project being completed on time, on budget, and to the appropriate quality standards.

Overall, I don't think there's anything I don't like about the application; it's easy to use and understand for all members of the team, and it applies novel display strategies.

Hi Ayman,

Thank you for the kind words, although we don't have any risk analysis reports :D

Catalina

Time Saver and Easy to Use

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

I use it daily to create estimates & invoices in two languages and formats. Following-up on projects so I never miss a deadline. Following-up on payments, I am a one-man show and accounting can be time-consuming. But with Paymo I get everything in one place.

I have been using Paymo for years now. After long research this was the best app I found to my needs. Easy to implement and to use. I can add as many projects as I want, tasks, view these in different formats, and never undercharge again thanks to the awesome time tracker. I can add invoices and input payment dates, even when payment has been made in different installments. I can have recurring payments, create estimates, and convert these to invoices. And the price is ideal.

Nothing. I love the software. I would love to see a CRM implementation since these guys know how to build amazing software.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Happy to be a match for your needs, Catalina :)

No intentions to build a CRM atm. What you could do is to customize your own sales/pipeline workflow, then view tasks via the Meta Kanban Board.

If you want to see the progression of a project through a pipeline, then I recommend project statuses.

Feel free to post this suggestion on our community forum so it gets more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Leonardo
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A reliable way to track your time and obligations

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Nowadays I use it as the primary way of knowing where we stand in terms of workload and obligations. I can easily know what the team hast to do, and what are the tasks' statuses, and whether they are under budget.

What I like the most is how it helped me have a grasp of the worked time, which in turn helped me structure prices and give estimates and deadlines.

I use the team scheduling a lot, but I still miss the ability to navigate directly from a task to its booking.

Basecamp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo had time tracking for free at the time

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A pleasure as always, Leonardo!

You will soon be able to schedule bookings directly from the full task details, have sent you a screenshot already ;)

Colin

Deceptively well-designed app/software. Excellent value and clever too.

Bewertet am 4.5.2016

Do the free trial to see why. You'll get an initial impression that compared to the feature rich apps of Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork and many others that Paymo is fairly simple. It is but it has some very-well considered functionality around user permissions, pricing and invoice/report generation. The user interface again looks simple but works great.
For us, what's great about Paymo is:
1. Pricing. Great at $4.95 per user. That's a real per user price. 1 user = $4.95 per month.
2. Additional users (we use many collaborators) can then be switched on/off as required.
3. Good user permissions (switch on/off admin, tasks, projects, invoices, estimates, expenses)
4. The general focus on user performance metrics/utilization (with a good dashboard + individual user metrics by hour, month, project and billed/unbilled time.
5. Fantastic, customisable client reporting and wrap-up invoicing with unlimited free client access to these features*.
*The invoice module ($9.95/month per account - which is great way to charge for this) monitors unbilled time with a one-click invoice generation button. That's a great feature whether you use Paymo to send (and receive payments) or not.
In similar fashion, the client report generation tool is cleverly set-up so you can group time/costs by client, user, projects, task lists, tasks, time, day or billed status as well as include the original budgets by project or tasks. For us that's a massive time-saver and a feature-set that not available or so quick and easy to manage on any other PM system we've tried.
The con's on the present feature list (hence why I've only rated Paymo 4 stars overall):
1. There's no easy to see/use UI control over project/task timescales.
2. Equally, no-billable tasks/reminders don't sit as well in the system.
3. Updates aren't realtime, another great Wrike feature.
4. There's no client/guest access to the project details (which I would have thought Paymo could add easily, by making making the default user status 'view only'.
5. Generally speaking Paymo isn't a slick or richly featured as other leading-class PMs.
However, as of May 4th 2016 there's a promise on Paymo's pricing page that Gantt charts, task scheduling and progress tracking is 'coming soon'. Would be great to know roughly what that means Paymo but those three features even if relatively simple but robust (in Paymo's style) would considerably round-off and build-out the Paymo App experience.

Alison
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Paymo pays for itself...

Bewertet am 23.6.2015

As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand.

The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

Jovana
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Pay-me-More with Paymo

Bewertet am 13.8.2020

Though I still use other apps to track status of my projects, Paymo is irreplaceable for invoicing and time-tracking -- and most importantly these two functions are tied, so you are constantly reminded that time is ticking. It's simple and neat, and it takes little time to get familiar with the basics.

My two favorite features are invoicing and timer. Invoicing is neat, the design is simple and clean and your clients will like it. As for timer, it's dominating your screen, so it saves me from distractions of all kinds. Overall, what I like the best about this software is the blend of simplicity and feature-rich functionality.

Perhaps, the pricing can be more sensitive to freelancers, or adding a layer with less feature but more affordable. But nothing else, really.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

"Pay-me-More" is actually close to "get paid more", where the acronym comes from - thank you Jovana :)

Just to be sure, if you're an NGO, you can benefit from a 50% discount. Just write us at support@paymoapp.com and send us a proof of your NGO status.

Other than this, be sure to check our other time tracking tools as well: https://www.paymoapp.com/time-tracking/

John
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Paymo is very user friendly and intuitive.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

The software saved lots of time on repetative non-billable tasks. It gives us more control over data and helps us narrow our focus on the parts of projects that need more efficiency.

Paymo is easy to learn, manage, and use. The price is right for most any size company and the core features are well tuned. It has saved time when preparing timesheets each week and helps us track our hours very efficiently. In a service based industry, a software like Paymo takes the uncertainty out of knowing whether or not you are on target.

The ability to gather vast amounts of data in seconds really has helped analyze our effectiveness at estimating and highlight areas for improvement.

The software's permissions setup and general user interactions are much more suited to a company that has competent employees, unlike competitors like T-sheets (quickbooks). Other time trackers tend to assume the employees are incapable of managing their timesheet and set up a lot of rules that act as roadblocks to efficiency. Paymo maintains control without becoming overbearing.

The built-in invoicing feature is a little difficult to fully customize. It has "custom" options, but they are not full control. It does allow for custom coding for invoice generation which we are doing now, but this requires someone on staff who is fairly well versed in HTML and other scripts/codes.

I wish that Paymo would talk directly with a desktop version of Quickbooks, but it does work with Quickbooks Online through Zapier Apps.

Luis Daniel
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ideal tool for project management from small companies to big ones

Bewertet am 12.9.2018

I'm solving the business problems of:
- having all the project planning and content in one single place
- tracking the time

I like the user interface, is very clean and friendly. it takes less than 5 minutes to understand how everything works which is a great advantage to train other people to use this tool. I love how you can organize all the tasks, content and planning for each project. I've been using this software for about 5 years now and will definetely recommend it to others.

I don't like that they still don't have an easy to use mobile app that shows all the content of a project. the mobile app is very limited. I hope that they can improve and give the mobile development a higher priority since we live in a mobile world these days.

There's no way to capture screenshots of what other employees are doing or measuring the productivity

Csaba
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Lightweight and easy-to-use time management app

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

I'm using Paymo mostly for time tracking, but it is also great to have reports ranging back for years and I love to have all the statistics easily accessible.

Paymo has become an invaluable part of my daily business life.

I love the ease of use when it comes to time tracking. I usually jump between projects and the app makes it really easy to switch between jobs. The 5-min idle time reminder is great as well.

At first there were too few options for project statuses, but as the software evolved, this feature was added. At this point I don't really have any issues with the software.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Koeszi Csaba, for the review!

You can in fact customize the idle time detection to be however long you want :)

Btw, we've just launched a new feature that lets you copy/paste time entries under timesheets, check it out!

Danielle

Great Product Must Have

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Being able to track the hours and what project goes to which client has been so helpful.

As a graphic designer who needs to keep track of hours, I have always been able to depend on Paymo to keep accurate track of my time. Being able to send the data to my clients is a plus.

I had some issues with the desktop app so I started using it directory from the site to track time.

Hey Danielle,

Glad that we can help you with time tracking

The desktop widget is stable, you can go ahead and download the latest version here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

Good news, the web timer is going to be updated as well - so stay tuned!

Juan Pablo
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms.

Bewertet am 24.5.2018

It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases.
Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs.
The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is.
We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way.
The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients.
Its mobile tools are simple to use.
The software for the computer is simple and intuitive.
It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

Hi Juan Pablo,

We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.

Isaac
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best Project Management + Timekeeper App!

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Overall the experience has been great. Their system is consistent and stable and has never failed me in 5+ years.

When I started with Paymo I needed a solid timekeeper app for my client work. They were a great option so I went with them and eventually started using more project management features. Today Paymo is an essential part of my work from timekeeping, project + client management & invoicing.

I never really had any dislikes with the software, it really fulfilled everything I needed and currently need with it's features!

Thank you, Isaac!

An improved client portal with in-app access users is something we're actively developing, so stay tuned!

Joanna

Great for Monitoring Productivity

Bewertet am 18.6.2020

Paymo is great for tracking our team's productivity and making sure that we keep on track with numerous projects.

Paymo is a great tool for keeping track of project work and team efficiency.

Switching between projects/tasks in the smaller window can be fiddly. Also having to click start/stop twice each time is a little frustrating.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your thoughts, Joanna!

If you're minimizing the web browser window, be sure to collapse the menu and second column for more screen space.

You can also track time manually or use PaymoPlus, our automatic time tracker that sits in your background and tracks activities on your behalf :)

Try it out: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888726-what-is-paymo-plus

Stephanie

Timesheet and project admin

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

Good. Again, easy to use with minimal training

Ease of user interface, ability to see time spent on task, seeing how other's are performing on their task

nothing yet, still too new to the software to really see any issues as I mostly use the software for time management and project schedule.

Antwort von Paymo Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We've just released a new time tracking feature: the ability to copy-paste a time entry inside the Timesheets area.

Be sure to check it out!