MangoApps

Bruce
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start.

The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

Antwort von MangoApps

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Chelsie
  • Branche: Bau

Works Great For Our Company

Bewertet am 2.10.2020

We have really enjoyed using this app and we believe it has brought helped us with scheduling and keeping up with days off.

The two most functional and most used portion of the software are the group calendar that allows for our office staff to request off in one place (this also keeps everyone in the loop about who is going to be out of the office on any given day) and the instant messenger application. We also enjoy that we have the option to use GIF's which is one of the reasons we went with MangoApps. We are full of jokesters around here.

I think the least thing I like about the two things that we use is that the calendar that pops up initially when you login isnt the "group" calendar. There may be a way to update this, but I have no found it.

Max
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

MangoApps is still not mature enough

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

Disappointing. The product has potential but with the many failures on deployment and configuration, this is a product to be purchased for cheap, rather than for the price that they are asking.

Basic users have an easy to use experience.

Users who manage content have many problems.
On-Prem is still an immature product. Many problems and support does not know how to work with it.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices

Bewertet am 22.3.2018

Increased company communication (and reduced emails)
Global team collaboration
Single source of...

Increased company communication (and reduced emails)
Global team collaboration
Single source of knowledge

I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Mango has a lot of great features, but at times there are many steps to accomplish a single task. Things aren't always as intuitive as I'd like. However, I think that the team is always working hard to simplify and improve these processes

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I'm glad to see you are seeing our efforts to simplify and improve processes. Our goal is to not only provide a powerful tool for any use case, but make it easy and intuitive for all businesses and user types. Cheers!

Tyressa
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

MangoApps user advocate

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

My experience with MangoApps has been excellent. I have enjoyed connecting through this software to the platforms that I need to communicate with professionals all over the world. I enjoy being able to store and save documents and files and archived them in the event I want to use them later. I appreciate the notifications and know that I can change them as I desire. I will continue using MangoApps and advocating for its continued use to access the platforms I need. Thank you
From a very supportive and satisfied user!

I love that MangoApps is free, easily accessible. user friendly, upload from the computer is fast, having the opportunity to connect with others across various states is one of my most favorite benefits, and knowing that no matter who I speak with has a similar priority as mine, how do we meet the needs of those we serve.

I do not have any cons about MangoApps. I think it is easy to sign up and sign in and you can connect with how many people you want to and you can come and go within communities or work groups.

Antwort von MangoApps

Tyressa, thanks for reviewing MangoApps and being our strong advocate! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Siobahn

It has increased our overall communication and capturing information.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Sometimes it can be hard to understand the best way or best practice for how to deliver the information. Teams, projects, departments etc all have different functions and you have to really understand them and utilize them properly.

Antwort von MangoApps

Siobahn, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Matt
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

MangoApps is Great

Bewertet am 3.4.2020

This has been great for project team collaboration and supporting company communication and culture.

It connects everything and it has a very consistent implementation across many features. So once you learn how to setup/use one module you can figure out the rest.

The page refresh lags a bit. So sometimes when I'm working I find that things seem a bit sluggish.

Antwort von MangoApps

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review MangoApps. We are pleased to see that it still fits well into your workflow, and will certainly take your feedback regarding page refresh in mind with active improvements we are making to the platform. Thank you again!

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung

MangoApps

Bewertet am 5.11.2018

Cost effective solution with lots of features and very helpful support and development team.

Reliability is an issue. A lot of times new patches seem to break things and in general we spend a lot of time fixing/updating installations across team PCs.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to pass along the reliability concerns. If there is anything we can do proactively on our end to work with you on resolving issues please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Not great for our uses

Bewertet am 27.10.2018

Ease to add new members to the platform.

The search functionality does not work when you have 800 people on the platform.
Files shared in conversation are not tagged appropriately.
Wikis must be linked to a Forum.
Phone app does not work.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank your for your feedback! Please contact us to get support for the concerns you've listed.

• Branche: Informationsdienst

Honest MangoApps Review

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

The main benefit aside from a central location for our files is keeping employees who are spread out across four countries connected.

I like that it brings a social networking style "intranet" for our company. We can store shared files, have a nice company directory, and post fun updates to all. We are an international company and it is a great tool for keeping remote employees connected.

The search feature doesn't always pick up what I'm looking for, which can be frustrating.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! I'm glad that you are enjoying the social aspect of MangoApps, and find it a great tool to keep employees connected. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding search, but i'd love to urge you to reach out to our support team to understand if there is something more immediate that we can address or train on if needed. Thank you again!

Christton
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

MangoApps: A Great Team Collaboration Tool!

Bewertet am 11.4.2020

The best project managing apps that are so easy to use and learn especially for beginners. The interface looks dated when taking into account design trends but is easy to look at. Some actions like navigating from a section to another could be better, but it's practical and does the job. A UI refreshing would be much appreciated, it would make MangoApps perfect.

Easy to learn especially for beginners, it does the job and is a very good tool for team collaboration

The user interface mango looks a bit dated and navigation between the apps really needs to to improved

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Salesflare und Google Cloud

Antwort von MangoApps

Hi Christton, thank you for reviewing MangoApps! We are glad to see that it fits well into your workflow and appreciate your feedback on where we can improve on our UI. Please feel free to reach out if you have specific suggestions- we always weigh customer feedback the most heavily. Thanks again!

Leela
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Easy to Use, Cost Effective Collaboration Platform

Bewertet am 17.2.2021

MangoApps is highly customizable and easy to use, and can be adapted to a number of different contexts. I really liked the file module, and the multiple permission levels and easy to use privacy settings. I think in general file sharing capabilities are a big strength. I think it's also the best value on the market for this type of employee intranet/online collaboration platform, especially for smaller companies or for projects (I used it on a long-term, multi-partner project, for context).

The calendar management section of the platform is unfortunately nowhere near as effective as a Gcal or Outlook calendar. I also think the project management tools could use some improvement. Additionally, if you and your company do not have O365, or are looking to use file collaboration with clients who do not have Microsoft licenses, Mango does not support file collaboration in platform without the use of Microsoft online.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Microsoft Teams, Basecamp und monday.com
Kyryl
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)

Bewertet am 15.12.2018

I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered.

Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

All annotation shapes have shadows that I can't remove. Video capture also adds inner shadow on the top and left sides of the frame.

Antwort von MangoApps

Kyryl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that TinyTake fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the annotations. Thank you again!

Wole
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

Keeps the whole company on one page.

Keeps the whole company on one page.

Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc).
No apparent limits on data storage.

Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

Antwort von MangoApps

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

Tanya
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

MangoApps Review

Bewertet am 8.7.2020

This software can be used by logging into a desktop and also as an app. This feature is flexible for those that need info on the go. I am set up for notifications based on topics I am interested in and able to only see what is of interest to me.

Initially I felt that learning how to use this software was challenging, but once I got the hang of it, it became easier. I am able to navigate through the functions and access information that I need.

Antwort von MangoApps

Tanya, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will continue to make it easier to learn and navigate. Thank you again!

Brett

Great for our needs

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

Document management features are strong. Ability to segregate projects, documents and communications between guest and network users.

Some of the implementations are a little clunky. The mac client crashes periodically.

No ability to batch-tag files. Unable to lift metadata from files for export into other applications (for tracking and reporting).

Antwort von MangoApps

Brett, thank you for your feedback and review. If you have any issues that persist, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

William
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Great collaboration software

Bewertet am 11.7.2020

We use it to disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy. It is a handy tool so that the oncoming shift knows what happened in the previous shift and any hotspots to look out for.

The product is easy to use. Its a great collaboration tool that helps the organization disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy.

There are no features I can see that need to be added to this software application.

Antwort von MangoApps

William, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Nick
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great For Coworker Communication!

Bewertet am 30.4.2019

The interface makes it very easy to communicate with colleagues.

overwhelming at times, has many features

Antwort von MangoApps

Nick, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. What can we do to make the features of MangoApps feel more useful (when you need them) and less overwhelming (when you don't)? Thank you again!

• Branche: Bibliotheken

Office Chat by MangoApps

Bewertet am 15.4.2019

We needed an internal chat and this fits the bill for our needs. This is used multiple times daily by all staff. Staff can be reached anywhere in the building when using either the iOS or android app on their phone.

Office Chat was easy to set up and maintain. Can use on iOS, Android or the web version.

Not everyone can set up groups unless given permission by an administrator.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Chanel
  • Branche: Versicherung

Mango

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

The best way to describe my overall experience, FUN!

The best way to describe my overall experience, FUN!

I love how easy it is to navigate mango & simple to build pages. I like that I am not forced to use coding & can work with word & pasting. So many beneficial tools, this is an upgrade we had been waiting for!

I'm having some issues getting video recordings loaded in Mango for training purposes. There's only certain software that is compatible & I'm having some issues getting the compatible software to work as well.

Bree
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fast and fun communication with others in the company

Bewertet am 21.4.2021

Gifs, group chats, and reacting to messages

I wish I could develop a contact list and have different groups for the people I need to chat with regularly so that I don't have to search for the people. I can just choose them from my list and instantly chat. Also, I wish there was a way that I could change the notification sound to make it more distinct form the other notifications on my laptop. Additionally, when I misspell a word from trying to type really fast, it doesn't let me use spellcheck to change it. I have to delete and rewrite.

Daniela
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A social network just for work!

Bewertet am 8.10.2020

Like that is it similar to other social networking platforms so it's quicker to become familiar with. Also like the departments widget. Able to keep the department informed and engaged (while others in the organization are unable to view).

Ease of use is much friendlier on desktop than the mobile app. However, navigating the app has improved.

JoHanna

This software has been extremely easy to use and to collaborate with.

Bewertet am 18.7.2017

It brings the company together and makes it an easy way to share news across offices. We have really enjoyed using this platform!

Some of the features don't have the same capabilities that we are used to in other platforms. Mango is constantly open to updates, and we get excited about the new releases!

Antwort von MangoApps

JoHanna, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! I'm thrilled to hear it has been a great fit for your business, and we're glad you're along for the ride as we grow together! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have further feedback or ideas! Cheers

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Just okay, but sometimes helpful

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

We use this as the organization's intranet. It's a one-stop site for things like submitting IT tickets, ordering print supplies, and viewing relevant company information. If utilized correctly, it gives employees the opportunity to interact with each other (HR compares it to Facebook, but I wouldn't go that far).

My organization doesn't fully utilize it (or maybe correctly utilize it?), so the site is pretty messy and unorganized. It's difficult to find things sometimes because there are so many different folders and categories and pages. It would be easier if they cleaned it up and consolidated the extra pages that don't add a lot of value. It seems Mango's interface hasn't been updated in awhile.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! I'm glad that it fits well into your workflow, and is helpful when you need it. I understand your frustration regarding how your organization has either underutilized or incorrectly utilized the tools. We'd love to check-in with the Intranet admin and see what we can do to help them with suggestions or guidance for freshening things up. Please have them reach out.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Incredible search capability, can also be used like Dropbox

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

I generally use it as an information store (FAQs, Walk-throughs) for my users. The search capability, for the users to find all the info they need is truly second to none.

I also love the ability to create a link, for both internal and external individuals, to share documents and other data with.

It took 2-3 times of creating the information pages to get the full process down. Not that its difficult just that there is so much functionality.

Antwort von MangoApps

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear you are impressed with our search capability! If there is anything we can do to improve creation processes as you mention, please don't hesitate to let us know!

info@mangoapps.com