BigCommerce Bewertungen

BigCommerce

Redefining Enterprise Ecommerce

4.3/5 (98 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

A Poor Man's Shopify Plus---Easier to Use/Maintain than Magento But Lagging Behind Shopify

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 28.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We moved from Magneto Go, to Magento CE, and then to Bigcommerce over the course of several years in business. Moving from Magento, Bigcommerce was an obvious and needed upgrade for us. Our store was more reliable, and significantly easier to manage day to day. A lot of things that had kept me up as a sysadmin were no longer an issue and we saw very little loss in functionality all things considered.

We used Bigcommerce for roughly a year and a half, leaving the platform entirely in early 2018 for Shopify Plus. In terms of the software itself, I do not regret this transition at all. If you can afford Plus I would advise you to go for it. The product is more mature than it was even a year ago, and is now a clear industry leader over Bigcommerce, OpenCart, Magento etc.

Cloud based, more-reliable-than-magento hosting, decent discount rules engine, compatible with most major "Shipping Manager" softwares like Shipstation etc

No overly-restrictive terms of use, suitable platform for sellers of "high-risk" items.

Better than Magneto in practice for 85% of small to medium businesses.

Poor optimization for speed, poor user-facing checkout experience, tepid app ecosystem, objectively inferior automation and reporting tools, admin UI is clunky, customization of themes is difficult and costly, new features/product launches are paywalled and often incomplete, didn't stop billing us when we canceled service to switch to Shopify, experienced a glitch which inexplicably hid paid orders...

Out of the box Shopify does practically everything better while minimizing the potential for errors during setup, configuration, optimization, and daily use of your store.

In almost every metric and use case Shopify dominates Bigcommerce. Bigcommerce is playing catchup, and it's obvious from the back end of the software their team is struggling to stay competitive. While we were on the platform some updates appeared to suffer from "Microsoft syndrome" in that they looked pretty but had minimal depth or practical utility (think 3D paint or the latest version of windows media player).

Bigcommerce only comes out ahead in pricing, terms of service, and a few configuration edge cases (which can mostly be solved by Apps in Shopify.)

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Would switch if I could find something better

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to get up and running. Features are some of the best offered in this class. Pricing doesn't take a cut off of sales.

Many advanced features lacking or cost extra, like filtered search and navigation. Bugs are fixed and new features are added based on number of requests as opposed to the severity or need of the fix or feature. As a result, some bugs can persist for years if only a few people have reported them. No release notes or detailed info on updates. Overall it seems the company is still run more like a startup as instead of an established company that's accountable to their customers. Seems they focus more on doing things that get them headlines, marketing material, and talking points instead of what most meets their customer's needs. They can be quite tonedeaf when it comes to understanding the way retail works and what the needs of small businesses really are. It's quite a shame as there is a lot of potential. The only reason I stay is because either the better platforms are unaffordable (Magento, Demandware, Netsuite, Miva, etc) or the ones comparable in price lack essential features or have their own problems that I can't workaround (Shopify, Volusion, etc.) So I'm stuck until we grow more. Don't get me wrong, they have improved greatly in the 6 years I've been with them, but they have a long way to go.

4.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Solid eCommerce Shopping Cart that has more features out of the box than Shopify

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Bigcommerce has more features out of the box than most any other shopping cart including Shopify. It's just the little things like being able to put custom messages like "ships in 1-2 days" on each product. Lot of product options that you see on larger big box websites.

Cost is reasonable when compared to other solutions.

Integrates with a ton of 3rd Party applications. Easy to find solutions to help you succeed.

There is a huge gap from mid tier plan to the enterprise solutions. The Pro and Enterprise Solutions include some features that are only accessible when you pay 3 times as much. Things such as faceted Search, so you can get a more "Amazon" like experience.

We have experienced an overall reduction in site traffic since switching to Big C. We are not sure if this is because of how Google treats these sites in search, or if it's just that more and more people shop through marketplaces only. It's hard to say.

3rd Party App Marketplace is somewhat limited when compared to other solutions.

Big Commerce Review

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We realized we needed a larger, more stable platform for our 110,000+ customers and Big C was a perfect fit for our company.

The Big Commerce platform is very easy to use and set up for your website. Very simple to set up shipping values and even payment systems. There is an app store within the back end that is FULL of additions you can add to your store. We use about 9 apps that range from SEO to live visitors on the website and analytics of where they are from and what pages / products they are looking at. I highly recommend Big Commerce mostly because of the ease of use and the 24/7 customer phone support you receive. Anytime I have had an issue or couldn't figure something out, I called them and they answered the question normally within 5 minutes.

The only con I have is the price may be a little high compared to other ecommerce platforms, but you get what you pay for and this is the best platform with ZERO down time and best support we have ever had in operating our business for the past 12 years.

Mit Google übersetzen

Good option for small businesses

Bewertet am 15.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Big Commerce in general is very easy to use. The ecommerce site that we set up looks lovely, and seems to work most of the time. Looks professional and syncs well with paypal to process payment.

There have been a few times that our site went down for unexplained reasons. Luckily customers have let us know and it was resolved quickly once we reached out to bigcommerce, but it is disconcerting that it went down in the first place. One time all of our products just disappeared. BigCommerce support was able to find them and re-establish all, but still not sure why that happened. This software seems expensive for a small business with a small budget, and then to have issues like this. They did not offer a refund or anything, and we have no way of knowing how long our site was down for.

well rounded eCommerce solution

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

BigCommerce is easy to set up and use; provides a lot template to begin with and you can also customize your site. The new releases Stencil theme performs better than the old template but also requires more skills to develop and manage the template. Manage and process order is easy too. Overall a great eCommerce tool for online business. They are also adding features all the time. Support is good too.

Some feature is lacking or still under development. very limited coupon settings customization and other few customization features but they said they are working on improving those features.

Mit Google übersetzen

Powers both of our company websites and performs amazingly!

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

There are a lot of things to love. Integrating this with Netsuite or Fishbowl ERP's is fairly easy and makes your life much easier. We've been able to maintain our companies on these sites since the very beginning of 4 employees and 1 customers all the way to 70+ employees and more than 1,000 customers. Makes our life very easy and makes growing an e-commerce company much easier.

Have had growing pains early on since we were one of the first companies it seems to what to integrate Fishbowl but once the initial setup and processes were hashed out most things went smoother.

Mit Google übersetzen

Bigcommerce has given our growing business great insight to the e-commerce world.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use. This has been useful when training new hires. It is very easy to use.

The navigation is very straight forward. When dealing with customers it is very helpful.

Webinars are appreciated. We used them frequently when looking into selling on Amazon.

Support portal is straight forward when a problem arises.

I do not like the analytics page. I do not find them effective. I wish they were easier to use and gave you straight forward data on the dashboard.

Customizing reports is a challenge as well. This should be easier to use and more intuitive.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, full-featured shopping cart and website builder

Bewertet am 27.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to use, all-in-one solution.

I love that it is an All-In-One solution. It can build your website with shopping cart included is just a few easy steps. Their support is great too if you run into any difficulties. They offer lots of different shipping options, purchasing options (Credit Card, Paypal etc), there is also a big community if you want to do things that are not built in.

Sometimes it can be a little hard to make modifications to things that aren't naturally supported by bigcommerce when editing the template but the community helps a lot.

Mit Google übersetzen

BigCommerce for big companies (but not only)

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Most of the e-commerce platforms that I faced mostly oriented on the medium or small sizes businesses. And when such companies start to work with big corporations there are always lags and troubles. But that is not about BigCommerce. This company provides excellent service with conventional systems of payment and shipping, wide abilities of customization and a large number of possible integrations. And it is suitable for big sizes businesses the same as for startups.

So as a platform for the online business it is almost perfect, I can emphasize the only occasion which happened with our company near the beginning of our cooperation with BigCommerce, it was not easy implemented system of payment, eventually, we did it but still. But it was quite long ago so I think everything is fine for now.

Mit Google übersetzen

I have used BigCommerce to build two ecommerce stores for a client; a consumer site and a wholesale

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I learned a lot about selling online and selling through channels. Using this software I was made aware of other types of software as a service products that were useful for my other clients.

It took me a while to get used to the new management dashboard when BigCommerce upgraded to the new platform, but I am getting to know my way around. I like the integration to manage various channels through the dashboard. The reports are very informational to keep up on sales.

The coupon or discount codes are sometimes hard to configure based on the type of offer you would like to do. It would be nice to be able to set a time of day for an offer to expire. My client's customer had a customer ID. It would be nice if you could add a customer ID to match your offline accounting and shipping software . A lot of features my customer would like would require an developer.

Very User Friendly Shopping Cart Application

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use, efficient product maintenance, etc.

I love the fact that most of the coding has been done for the user. The program is so user friendly, that anyone could easily have a website up and running within a day or so.

Bigcommerce has a great shipping set up for individual products. I would like to see their developers provide an "in-house" dim-weight shipping solution. This would give them a huge advantage over their competitors.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, does everything I need it to

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps us to manage our website and business

I have worked with BigCommerce with 2 different companies and they are by far the best and easiest way to maintain your website. The ability to monitor sales and inventory is so very useful on a day to day basis that I wouldn't use anything else. And any changes made to our listings is an immediate change. What a great way to manage our site!!

Honestly, I haven't found anything that I dislike about it. There are always ways to improve but for what we're using it for, I love it.

Love the shopping cart

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like the ease of use and the 24/7 customer service.

I think it is expensive for what you get. Also when I purchased it I was told that the tech team would understand that I needed assistance hooking up my affiliate panel to the system. They had no idea what I was talking about and I had to figure it out myself, which meant I paid for the system way before I could use it.

Mit Google übersetzen

Very good experience using Big Commerce everdy day: many features & great customization/integration

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

You can follow easily all your orders, changing the status with integration with other apps (for fraud control, order processing). You can extract data of your orders very fast also. Also you can customize the website template in many ways without many coding skills so that's a great plus.

I have a good experience but I would say that the software could have a better customer support (the interface as well as the help given, sometimes disappointing) when there are glitches for examples. Also, it should be possible to process orders directly on Big Commerce, just forwarding the order details to a supplier, but it does not have this feature for the moment.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great platform for an ecommerce shoe store

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I run an e-commerce shoe store and absolutely love BigCommerce. Their team is responsive, the apps are numerous, and Big Commerce is constantly pushing updates. My only complaint is that our product catalog is extensive and features many complex products. Big Commerce support of complex products is not the best.

Customer service, apps, speed, uptime, interface, integrations

Complex product support is weak

Mit Google übersetzen

Great ecommerce solution, simple and easy to use

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Simple out of the box solution for an ecommerce website

Easy to add products to sell, easy to customize the design and look and feel, easy to take orders. Paypal express checkout friendly

Some portions of site cannot be customized, and when setting up products with multiple size/color options, it can get tricky.

Mit Google übersetzen

We use big commerce in our small business to manage our online store.

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

amateurs can run our online store

Easy to learn. We added online to our storefronts and we were able to easily train our existing employees to run this software.

There are some things that are hard to add. It's hard to add more sections. We post things on our blog because that is easier to manage

Mit Google übersetzen

Online builder for your business

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

For me, in this software, one of the best features is the system of payment which this company can provide you with. I mean the system of payment which will be equipped on your website and which can allow you and your customers do payment without, problems, delays and stuff like this. After implementing this system in our company, we significantly raised the conversion of the people who visited our website into the constantly paying clients thanks to the supporting team which showed us how to do all this.

This company position itself as that one who can work with any type of businesses, however, I, as an owner of a small company feels some difference in the relations between supporting team to us and to our partner-enterprise company, maybe I am just carping but still.

Stable with solid support

Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The technical support has been terrific for the few issues we have encountered. The user interface is simple to learn, yet provides sufficient depth.

The price is by far the least attractive aspect to Bigcommerce, especially for a small business like we have.

Mit Google übersetzen

BigCommerce helped me get online fast so I could start selling right away.

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that BigCommerce is fairly easy to use. You don't need to be a web developer to get a basic website up and running.

BigCommerce lacks some functionality like bulk importing quantity pricing. This would be a big help for large inventory store. They offer basic themes, but in order to customize your store you need to pay extra for a better theme and will likely need help with customization from a developer.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, good customer service.

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 12.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I really like the customer service that BigCommerce offers. You can live chat with them at almost any time, and they can fix a lot of things remotely. It is very easy to use to do basic level e-commerce.

We have had a few weird glitches happen to our store, that the products disappear (but they've always been retrieved) and I think it's a bit expensive for a basic level. I also wish they offered a tiered system for options. For example, if you want envelopes you click here, then new dropdowns come down. We hired an engineer to help, and there were just some things that we couldn't do within the platform.

Mit Google übersetzen

I have been using Big Commerce for a couple years now. It is simple and easy to navigate.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Benefits include ease of use.

For a beginner, it is user friendly and prices reasonably. It is easy to list items for the most part.

The only thing I would say is a little more cumbersome, is when listing variations. It has a few too many steps involved.

We have 2 sites with Big Commerse

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Super easy to set up. You can customize as much as you want. Easy integration capabilities. Custom service and support is excellent.

It has more features than we need. I cant think of negatives, we really like working with Big Commerce.

Easy to Use and Excellent Support

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Creating new product and postings it is easier in BigCommerce. The service has an easier interface to select product categories and other SEO necessary items. It has a wide variety of free templates, it is a big bonus, as is the ability to edit them. Although we have dug deeper into the HTML code in the past to modify our site's appearance, the upgraded storefront editor is very useful. Changing colors in any part of the website is a breeze now and the two newest free templates are well designed, pleasing to the eye, and appropriately modern. The storefront integration with Facebook is quite useful.

This service doesn't have any negative things, but developers might take issue with the fact that it’s not open-source. In addition, BigCommerce works good, I also can receive support all the time. They have Live Tech Support and online support system which is works 24 hours.