Creately Bewertungen

Creately

Software zum Erstellen von Diagrammen für super schnelle interaktive Grafiken

3.9/5 (27 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Save your money for a better app

Bewertet am 8.1.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

Creately is a fairly intuitive and easy to use app. And it is quite inexpensive compared to the competition

Unfortunately, it is by no means presentation quality at all. Professionally, it would be suicide to present anything that comes out of this app. I purchased Creately for flowcharting and wireframing. I can use it for neither for the following reasons.

1. no rulers or guides.
2. the type is not center justified correctly on any shape you try to use.
3. The center of the parallelograms are off center. So when you try to align a vertical column of shapes the parallelograms make your chart step to the side.
4. Scaling. If you try to scale the stop/start shape. It distorts....and not just a little bit.
5. The 1-click create other objects command only allows you to create two different objects. The problem with this is that if you are using a specific color style or font, you have to format the shapes that weren't included in the command.
6. there is no (no fill) option for any of the shapes. So if you try to use the swimlanes you can't see the grid.
7. The connecting lines will put up a fight. Especially when you don't want them to.
8. If you need to use this work for a presentation, you will need to import the file into illustrator and then fix everything to the extent that it is just faster and easier to do it all in illustrator.

Hi Marco,
Thanks for using Creately and taking the time to leave a review. Although we agree with some of your points some are bit off the mark. I'll try to address them one by one.
1. Agree. Will talk with dev team about adding a ruler.
2. Disagree. As soon as you type the text is center justified.
3. Agree. Will ask the dev team to fix this.
4. Disagree. The start/end scale seems to scaling as required.
5. Disagree. 1-click create adjust according to the context/diagram type. For example when drawing a flowchart by default you can create a process, decision or a start/end.
6. Disagree.There is a fill option in the toolbar. To see the grid when using a swimlane, select the swimlane, click "Fill" and check the "No Fill" option under colors.
7. Agree. The connecting lines adjust according to the diagram. Its done to speed up diagramming and most of our users appreciate it. But in a large complex diagram it can be a hinderance.

Most of this probably happened because we did a poor job of educating our users. And we'll definitely work on improving our help section. If you feel what we've mentioned is wrong or not sure about anything above please drop a mail to support@creately.com and probably we can convince you with a live demo or work together to resolve your issues.

Thanks again for using Creately and hope to see you coming back soon.

Sincerely,
Creately team.

Mit Google übersetzen

Initial impressions let down with more extensive use...

Bewertet am 29.1.2013
Quelle der Bewertung

The program showed a lot of potential when I trialed it online but after purchasing it (for a steep price of $75) and using it more, I've discovered that there are a bunch of bugs and limitations (issues with the graphics, text, placement limitations) which prevent me from doing what I want and getting the look I want.

For example, text in shapes: the shapes can't be inverted without text flipping upside down or back to front, such as with a speech bubble, it has to go only in one direction if you want to read the text. The same is with all other shapes. The "work around" is to put a text box over the top of the shape, but it's lousy that it even needs a "work around".

The shapes are also a bit sketchy, drawn imprecisely with edges of the shapes not quite connecting smoothly and looking like they've been slapped together hastily in MS paint.

Also, connecting lines are a bit tricky to arrange exactly how you might like them. They have a mind of their own. And if you add text to a line, then it has an annoying white box behind it.

All in all the program shows potential, but given the price for the desktop version, if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it - I wish I could get my money back. Given its level of development, slow updates, bugs/limitations and need for "work arounds", Creately is way overpriced and I would not recommend it. Particularly do not recommend if you want professional looking graphics. That said, it's not bad for brain storming privately.

Mit Google übersetzen

Economy cost curves made easy

Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I really liked being able to graph quickly and make my graphs look really professional. It is also helpful that I can copy and paste them to include new cost curves in the same graph

2 things, most software like this have unlimited space on a sheet (ie. One Note, Grafio, etc). Creately limits your space and therefore I can't keep all graphs that go with the same subject together. The second thing I don't like is not being able to paste in objects like brackets, etc. Their options are very limited and something as simple as brackets can't be pasted in from a different source.

Antwort von Cinergix

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm glad you liked the product :-) . I'll try to address your concerns.
The default diagram area is 1500x1500. This is generally enough for most diagram and set this way for optimum scrolling experience. But you can expand the diagram area to 5000x3300 which will probably help you add all your diagram in one area. You can do this via Properties -> Page Size.
I'm not sure what you meant by inability to copy and paste brackets. I discussed with our QA team and the initial tests performed fine. It could be a specific object or a diagram type. I'd be happy to look further into this and help you out. You can reply to email or email support@creately.com mentioning your issue.
Thanks again for the review.

Not really that great

Bewertet am 16.1.2014
Quelle der Bewertung

Creately has a really great website and they ranked really well for the kind of diagramming I was looking for (database design) but the product does not deliver. The let-down was epic.

It is an online tool that works in your browser and they have a lot of good information on their website about how to build different kinds of diagrams.

The tool itself is difficult to use and doesn't allow you to do much in terms of working with others at the same time. I was also looking for something that would work well with the Google environment which this doesn't

Hello Rob,
Thanks for using Creately and we're sorry that you found it difficult to use. To address some of your concerns we do provide some integration with Google environment. We're available in the Google App marketplace ( https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productListingId=4370+2544572938568579613&pli=1 ) for your convenience.
We introduced real-time collaboration last year so there could be room for improvement there. If you'll be kind enough to drop a mail to support@creately.com explaining the difficulties you encountered we'll be happy to have a look and rectify matters.
Again sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for complimenting us on our content.

Mit Google übersetzen

Save your money and go elsewhere

Bewertet am 15.7.2014
Quelle der Bewertung

I've been attempting to use this application for more than 6 months. I've opened a half dozen tickets - Creately has opened a similar number, and yet no resolution to my licensing issues. They have only worked with me in a half-hearted way, often repeating the same diagnostic requests and never fully understanding the issue. When I thought they understood it, they came back and told me to delete my license file yet again.
So much time has been wasted that the money I paid for the app is almost inconsequential.
You would receive much better service and more value for money by going elsewhere.

Options for web or desktop installation.

No shared files.
Severe licensing issues that can't be resolved - without a license much functionality is inoperative.
The poorest and slowest of customer service I've had in a decade.

Hi Chris,
We're extremely sorry about your situation. You have been very patient with us and helped us with all the details which makes us feel even more sad. We deeply regret that we couldn't recreate your issue and able to solve it.
Again, extremely sorry about the situation and we'll give you a full refund.

Well Worth The Price

Bewertet am 28.2.2013
Quelle der Bewertung

As a heavy Visio user I was bit reluctant to try this but was pleasantly surprised. The monthly fee is fair and the desktop price is extremely good when you consider that Visio costs around 300$.
Love the usability of the interface. The diagramming area is large and far less cluttered. I like the concept of loading libraries as necessary because not only it saves space but help you find shapes faster.
A little toolbar that appears when you select an object makes diagramming very easy. In 1 click you can create the next object and it will be automatically connected for you. Very convenient and saves many clicks and drags.
Tried the real-time collaboration with a buddy of mine and it was a fun experience. Seeing each others changes as it happens it very productive.
Overall well worth the price and highly recommended for teams.

Easy to use uncluttered interface
Image search and icon finder
object toolbar that makes diagramming faster
automatic adjustments like aligning, text positioning
real-time collaboration feature

Real-time collaboration features seems to slow down the application a bit

Mit Google übersetzen

Great tool for site maps

Bewertet am 28.7.2014
Quelle der Bewertung

I have been using Creately for 6 months, I've used it on three different projects and have been impressed by it in all instances. It is a great place to build a site map and encourage the team involved in the site to all contribute ideas and add comments to the various aspects of the site map. These site maps with their comments provide key info for the developers to work from when building the back end of the site. The site maps are also then used for meetings with copywriters, designers, marketing team to help clarify the look, feel and wording of the site.

Easy to use. Easy to share ideas or suggestions. Easy to build understandable diagrams for all members of project's team to use for their various responsibilities. The comments feature is one that I find the most helpful.

You cannot copy text from a comment to paste on a different document. Unfortunately comments can only be created or deleted not edited.

Mit Google übersetzen

Diagram, collab, drag and drop program

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great software for planning, organization and process flow. The ability to create a visual representation is unmatched.

It took me no time to learn how to use Creately. It is self explanatory and very simple, yet with some higher level functions. I have used this for restructuring the company organization and to show a visual representation of the flow of processes.

There is not much I don't like about this software. I guess the only thing would be it is a little difficult to do flow chart arrows with just a track pad on a laptop. It is much easier to use with a mouse to be precise with placement and resizing.

Mit Google übersetzen

Cost effective alternative to more expensive flow diagram software

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 19.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great cost effective flow chart tool with all of the main features and tools that you would expect- Web tool is easier to use and allows for the creation of professional looking flow diagrams

Some of the templates can be a bit limited compared to other services- could do with being expanded to include a greater range of templates

6.0/10

Nice diagrams for free

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I liked how nice and smooth the diagrams created with Creately look. Though UML charts look pretty dull, with Creately you can make them look modern. Basically, it offers option for plenty types of charts, but using it for customer journeys and flowcharts is the best.

I wish free version wouldn't have limitation by the amount of charts. Besides, sometimes style is not applied to all objects and management of arrows attached to objects can be a pain.

Mit Google übersetzen

Not very intuitive, poor UI/UX, and extremely limited design functionality

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Some pre-made shapes/templates can get your diagrams created fairly quickly

It seems to be a bit more complicated than it needs to be, yet, there is an excellent support community with help desk articles on pretty much anything question you may have.

Very frustrating to see that they require you to pay for some basic 'premium' features that are available for free on hundreds of more intuitive platforms like Google Draw.

0.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Excelent solution for drawing and collaboration at the same time.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our time was really quick drawing and collaborating diagrams for our sales pipeline for instances, was a great tool in work.

The free version was really great for start point with the product, the flexibility was really good and the graphs and diagrams I made were really good.

The watermark in the free version when I export a resource, but I know it's normal. I got solved just paying the corresponding fee.

Mit Google übersetzen

Creately is diagrams and charts!

Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Creating diagrams online

Creately is a great app to use It has a lot of useful features. It comes packed with a lot of shapes and icons which one can use to create flowcharts, structure charts and any other type of diagram one may want to create. It is not difficult to use, as a novice user can start using it off the bat.

Very, very useful app, but it might be a little bit difficult to navigate at times. The available shapes may seem a bit basic, but they get the jobs done.

Mit Google übersetzen

Create awesome diagrams and flow charts

Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 20.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It has a lot of great looking elements to make your diagrams and flow charts, org charts great looking. Lots of color and interesting elements.

It's not very easy to use. It really takes a while to get used to how to do use it. It sometimes gets frustrating to get things done.

Antwort von Cinergix

Hey, thanks for leaving the review. We're glad you're thrilled with the features. We're a bit sad you've found it difficult to use. If you can say why you found it difficult I can get our team to work on improving things.

Good price/quality software

Bewertet am 28.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Big database of templates give us a head start for the diagram.Simple and intuitive for all users. Has 5 free driagram for start and test the software. It´s possible to import from identical tolls.

If you need more users the price it´s a little high. No Portuguese language for the app.

Good Diagram Tool for Collaboration

Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Creately is a good tool for creating diagrams and flow charts. It's also a good value tool for collaborating in real time if you work heavily depends on it.

Creately is pretty robust, but that makes the user interface a little congested. It's not hard to navigate and get past that, though.

Nur Sternebewertungen

Bewertet am 21.3.2016

Nur Sternebewertungen

Bewertet am 23.3.2016

Mit Google übersetzen

Creately is a free online diagramming tool.

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allowed me to create lively and engaging flowcharts and diagrams. It has some great built-in icons and graphics that were very useful.

I don´t really like that Creately work space is a grey grid background. I feel that improvements could be made to the interface.

Extremely Useful for Teams

Bewertet am 6.6.2013
Quelle der Bewertung

If you're working as a team and constantly collaborate when doing documentation then this is a god send.

Real time collaboration is the feature we found most useful. Professionally designed templates provide a good starting point. And it's very easy to use.

No mobile app, could be an issue with people on the go.

Mit Google übersetzen

It has been great working with Creately!

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like the software because it gives me the freedom to design as I need. I create diagrams, workflows and more for each specific client I have.

I wish there were more like styled templates that I can clone and replace text and images. Something to start with.

Antwort von Cinergix

Hi Raquel, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will definitely consider your request to add more templates.

Great customer support

Bewertet am 18.6.2014
Quelle der Bewertung

Wow... the response time was great! My questions were answered within 20 minutes of asking them. Great! I suggest collaborating with Creately to anyone who values prompt user support!

Customer support!

Not enough experience to find any.

Mit Google übersetzen

i used it for UML diagrams for my software course project and it did the job perfect

Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

free templates with a lot of options to customize your diagrams and edit it with some colorful labels

it supports only limited diagrams so you'll delete some diagrams to add another ones which is very bad

Antwort von Cinergix

Hi Muhammad, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled you liked the templates, customization options etc.
As for the limitations, in free plans you're allowed to create only 5 diagrams. It's setup that way so a casual user can create a few diagrams while a professional user who needs many diagram have to pay for it. We need to pay bills too :-) .
I noticed that you're from an education institute and we have a highly discounted option for educational institutes. Just drop an email to edu@creately.com if you're interested in this option.

Average Tool

Bewertet am 7.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

For a visual communication tool, I think that Creately is quite average. Nothing that amazes me about this software. A little overwhelming to use at first but the drag-and-drop is easy to use.

Simple and powerfull

Bewertet am 22.9.2014
Quelle der Bewertung

I used the free version to make a few diagrams. The app has a nice set of features, it is easy to use and export your work. I would recommend and use it again.