Trimble e-Builder Erfahrungen

Trimble e-Builder

4,3 (418)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Integrierte Kapitalprogramm- und Projektmanagementsoftware.

Sortieren nach

Jedd
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Recent e-Builder Deployment

Bewertet am 12.8.2016

We started looking at cloud-based project management software packages in 2008. After deploying a product that ended up not being a good fit for our company we approached e-Builder in mid-2015 and went live in January of 2016. As they say, the rest is history.

The system is flexible, forgiving, intuitive, configurable, and extremely robust. The system works as advertised and as expected. e-Builder is always willing to address our comments and concerns and communicates the status of known issues. There isn't just one thing I like about the product, there are many. The cost module reflects true construction cost accounting with the ability to track multiple funding sources, budgets, commitments, and expenses. The process module is highly configurable to meet our unique process needs. We can easily reconfigure things without contacting e-Builder. The document feature has many bonus features to enable uploading, sharing, redlining, etc. of drawings and documents. All documents loaded into the system through other modules (i.e. cost, calendar, process, etc.) land in the actual document module as anticipated and expected. The reporting module is extremely robust, providing real time data relative to projects, costs, etc. The bidding module has greatly simplified and reduced our work load. Our bidding process is practically automated now. The mail merge feature is awesome! We've integrated with DocuSign which has simplified approvals and signatures. The meeting minutes feature in the calendar module enables easy tracking of minutes. And on, and on, and on.

The thing I like least has nothing to do with the product or the vendor. I'm frustrated with individual user's inability to truly adopt the product and change how they do things. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks.

Waleed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An organized site for all team members to contribute and stay informed of all updates

Bewertet am 19.4.2022

It has provided us with tremendous flexibility in project management, and we have avoided many of the pitfalls that we were previously prone to. We have also simplified many unnecessary procedures, which has had a positive impact on all project management processes and saved us a significant amount of time and effort.

e-Builder Enterprise's effective management of all papers, reports and project members' communications on the cloud allows all team members and stakeholders to stay updated and informed of the project's progress. Having all project management tools in one place streamlines procedures and saves time, as most difficulties are resolved quickly. I like how e-Builder Enterprise reports include all project management activities and display the overall business status of the project, completion percentages, financial elements, and much more. I like how e-Builder Enterprise functions as a database for all project submissions, allowing you to simply access or track them. We can use e-Builder Enterprise to organize submissions, requests for information, meeting minutes, and much more, allowing us to work more efficiently as a team.

The fact that it is connected to the cloud and has a fantastic user interface, I don't believe there are any negative aspects or technical issues. It all depends on the work team and how well they collaborate in order to take full advantage of all of the fantastic tools available in e-Builder Enterprise.

Mike
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I am a contractor that has been forced to use e-builder because the agency I am currently...

Bewertet am 19.12.2018

I would really encourage you to think this out. E-builder is a gimmick, and a waste of time and money.

I do not like anything about this product. E-builder attempts to solve a problem that never existed, which in turn only creates problems. I receive on average 50 email per day from e-builder, and 99% of them do not apply to me. Therefore my email inbox was getting flooded with emails, and made it difficult to find what I was looking for. I then created an outlook folder for the e-builder emails so they stay out of my inbox. Now I have problem that I do not receive notifications when the emails come through, and I cannot view those emails from my iPhone, because they are in a different outlook folder.

The RFI/Change Order/Billing process used to be easy prior to using e-builder. E-builder has created a number of processes and steps that have to be completed by people on each side before it can get advanced to the next level. These processes used to be as easy as sending an email to the right individual. Now if a certain individual in e-builder drops the ball, it holds up the whole process. On average (a small business) the Port has been paying us a month late every month because of the problems with e-builder.

Crystal-Rose
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

e-Builder for the Admin

Bewertet am 9.4.2019

Previously, our company relied on paper, scanned documents and e-mail. Slowly but surely we are transferring all of our business processes for the entire enterprise made up of approximately 12 divisions into e-Builder. Several processes including procurement, invoice requests, budget requests, change requests, contingency transfers, etc. have all been successfully rolled out and are being maintained in the system while we expand to other departments like Admin & HR, Operations, Facilities, Business & Revenue, Technology, etc. as we continue to develop the software as an enterprise warehouse for all our business needs.

Functionality and ease of use not only for end-users but especially for the client system admins. Whether it's setting up projects, users, roles, processes, reports, dashboards, etc. the navigation and setup for all are intuitive and user friendly that anyone with typical technical skills could successfully use with little to no training or direction.

Though the system is very easy to use and setup, this is mostly because clients to not have access to the hard-coded data. Typically this is not a problem but there are limitations that come up from time to time like the ability to edit/remove standard and default fields or search functionality and options in different modules.

Rosanna

Good Overall Program for Budget Management

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

I like the ability to go in and make all the necessary changes to my project with little effort. Setting up new Commitments, process changes and incoming invoices has been relativity easy. I have developed a system for my project and the three years that I have been working in e-Builder I have had a very smooth.

I am definitely not a fan of the recent changes that have been made with the sorting and search features. I loved being able to scroll down my screen and see all the information for my PO's, changes and invoices. Until the latest update. Since then my ability to view the items that I work with the most has been dramatically hindered. I spend more time searching and re searching than ever before. My productivity has plummeted since the new changes. Recently I had to process 26 CCA's at one time, and had to spend an hour or so trying to get them processed. This used to be such an easier process. There is no longer the ability to use the back button on you computer, you must start over from the beginning and this is quite time consuming.

David
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great project management package for design and construction.

Bewertet am 26.1.2018

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Three features in particular have made my job easier. First, processes are standardized and automated. There is no longer any guesswork as to how something was done, where the paperwork is, or who is holding up holding things up. Second, everything is documented as a byproduct of working through a process. Emails, internally generated documents, contracts, changes orders, submittals, etc. are captured and stored for easy reference. Third, no more paper. We have eliminated scores of filing cabinets, including those storing record documents from previous projects, and everything is now available digitally where ever I go.

Design reviews are frustrating. They require everyone on the distribution list to reply before the process can proceed. In our organization there are some individuals who need to be included in the design review but often do not respond. We typically have an administrator override and terminate the process. I wish there was an option to automatically close the process at the due date.

Sheth
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

E-Builder user for 3+ years

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

The ability to run reports and manage documents. Almost any aspect of a project can be tracked and reported on, presuming you have the right data inputs. The processes are relatively easy to setup and use and provide notification to actors when necessary. While we are not really using the dashboard functionality currently, that capability is there.

e-Builder is slow to make major upgrades, including to the interface. Some changes were initially mentioned several years ago and have yet to be rolled out. The pace of significant upgrades seems to haves slowed over the last 2+ years. There also used to be consistent quarterly updates provided on upgrades but this does not happen anymore.

Cylix
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good system that is constantly improving

Bewertet am 28.9.2017

Great system, keep up the good work. You have a good team of intelligent programmers and customer service providers. Having a road map and plan for the direction of the group is imperative and will keep the creative people focused on where the application needs to go. There are little bugs here and there in the system, or parts that do not function exactly as we want causing us to create work-arounds.

The interface is very intuitive, the modules are helpful and the functions are logical. We have had success in generating reports that executives can use to make strategic company-wide decisions as construction consumes the most capital resources available.

There are some functions and features that could be improved as they are starting to compete with other applications available. As an example we want to use the schedule module more but the Microsoft project application is much easier so we end up importing MS project files instead of generating the original project schedules in eBuilder. We want all-in-one most of the time but it would require integration with MS products or building a clone which we understand is time consuming and expensive.

Hedaia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Carefully customized to efficiently manage all operations of construction projects

Bewertet am 4.2.2022

e-Builder We use it to keep track of project documentation, invoicing, and reports. It also attempted to increase team communication.

The collaborative feature of e-Builder Enterprise allowed us to efficiently manage the project contract, save all contract documents in an organized manner, and retrieve them when needed, as well as generate status reports that show the status of all documents, what was answered, when, and who is still stuck. Thus, e-Builder is a construction project management software that covers all aspects of a construction project, from planning to delivery. I prefer the start interface since it is clear and complete with all the tools I need, and the tabs make it easy to switch between functions. I loved the organized and comprehensive reports we can issue with him.

Not many negatives, as the e-Builder is easy to use, but to achieve the expected results from its use, it depends on the work team. efficiently.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Functional product but seriously dated

Bewertet am 13.11.2018

Its a great company and has the sold weight of Trimble behind it. They need to start investing in a new interface to keep track.

It is a great tool for owners in the space - it covers every aspect from funding to change to schedule and packages it up into a single product.
Also a big fan of the program management functionality which really sets it apart from the construction management software that you often see which only focuses on a single project.

The UX/UI is extremely dated and needs a touch up.

Custom coding on the WBS/CBS is a bit clunky too and needs a lot of training for people to get right.

Boyd

Happy user for almost 10 years

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

Improved project management. Drives consistent application of project management processes.

Strong program focused on helping Owners efficiently manage capital projects through the design and construction process. Flexible processes allow Owners to customize process flows to match their unique needs. Ability to integrate a wide variety of project team members into the processes helps maximize process efficiency and collaboration. Reports for day to day use are easy to set up, flexible and functional.

Schedule module is still clunky. Difficult to drawn data from across modules to create certain types of comprehensive reports. In some cases data must be downloaded to Excel and further manipulated to capture desired analysis. Licensing cost structure can make it cost prohibitive to include project team members outside of the Owner's staff and take full advantage of the collaborate potential of the software.

Dennis

Great Project Management Software

Bewertet am 25.8.2016

We think e-Builder is a great product. We have been using e-Builder to manage capital projects since 2009. We added our Facility Engineering budgets and projects in 2012. We use all of the e-Builder modules. We use processes extensively to control both the flow of information; i.e., RFI, ASI, POC, etc. and cost; i.e., budget changes, contract and PO approvals, AFP and invoices. We using the bidding module heavily. Also, e-Builder is integrated with our financial system software allowing us to expedite vendor payments after they are approved in e-Builder.

The ability to create and modify workflow processes to standardize these activities and provide visibility of their status at any step in the process. The responsiveness of the customer support that we receive on those rare occassions when we have an issue with the software or want to implement a non-standard modfication.

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Emily
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

E-builder Software

Bewertet am 9.12.2021

Very good. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Very good. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

The cost module and process functions are user friendly and easy to navigate.

The submittal module could use some help. Integration features with other programs is a must that is not available without incurring extra fees.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Procore
Katie

e-Builder is very useful

Bewertet am 9.12.2021

This product is very helpful for Project Management. I like the flexibility of the roles and permissions so that each user only sees what they need to see. We can control our data.

I would like to see a better way to update many projects at once. A change in the folder structure or adding a budget line can mean going through hundreds of open projects to do the corrections. Adding a new folder also means making sure permissions are set correctly. I would also like to see a search feature in the Managing membership of users. We have hundreds of projects, some with similar names and some names are too long for the space given, so it can be challenging to find the one project to add to a user.

Robert
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Expensive but useful

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

Overall, if you can afford it, you wont find a better project management software. This really can do it all. This is a top to bottom management software that really can manage all aspects of project management. For some projects this is a little overkill. There are so many features. If you're working on $100k project this might not be the software for you. If you're working on a $100M project I would highly recommend it.

I like the custom aspects of this software. With the help of the support agents we have been able to really customize some of the features for our project. We use lots of custom processes and flows to manage workflow and control QA/QC of documents. The interface is also easy to use.

The price is a major con. This software is very expensive but I would say that it is worth the cost. Another con is how complex the software is to use. We have to have a support agent to help with management and had to have an entire team to help with setup. This is not an out of the box solution. You will need some assistance from tremble and eBuilder staff.

Nadja
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

eBuilder Review

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

The cost module is very powerful. The cash flow curves are helpful in projecting the amounts that we plan on spending. The BI module is also very good, for most things. I like the features of the documents module, such as emailing files and sharing folders with non account holders. They also have a good support service.

Construction management can use some improvement. This includes improvement to the meeting module, daily reports and punch list. I've also seen issues with the schedule. It's not the best at recognizing milestone tasks and requires some work arounds.

Racquel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

On a scale of 1-5, I would rate the software at a 4.8. I feel this is the best PM tool I have...

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

We been from all areas at this point, especially the reporting functions for extracting data.

There are still a few areas where e-B is making improvements. Particularly with document management retrieval and including metadata options. It holds collective information for the ability of everyone to see simultaneous. e Builder is a good construction management tool for the inspectors and construction manager,
project manager, contractors, City staff and legal and audit teams.

Often lags in the afternoon. Hope the upgrades fix this. We needed better file naming rules. e-Builder needs a better search tool.

Preetam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Project Control

So far good.

So far good.

Keeps track of all the process like submittals, RFI, Bulletin, CO, PA, and FA. Also user friendly.

Sometime server are very slow while uploading file or sometime it does not accept the file

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

OneDrive
Tiffany

Honest Review

Bewertet am 9.12.2021

e-Builder offers transparent record keeping - we have created 100+ processes that help us keep out department and project team organized and our auditors happy.

The system is robust and has great and useful features

Need to have a better reporting mechanism especially the dynamic grid reporting.
not able to approve outside of the account user that is very frustrating trying to advocate the software to our C suite folks.

Theresa
  • Branche: Bau

I like the Ebuilder interface...colorful versus other database mgmt. software

Bewertet am 19.3.2018

Again, I like the vibrant look of Ebuilder versus other software that handle project database management. I also like how the filter performs when selecting various processes to view.

My least favorite of Ebuilder is not being able to easily drag files over into the system. I also am not crazy about how there is no 'reports' on the side tabs when inside a specific project. The process is to the top tabs, select reports, then select the project. A 'reports' tab on the side tabs would be helpful so you do not have to exit the project just to run a report

Jay
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

E-Builder User for MBTA

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

The benefits of using E-Builder is it has organized document control and time stamped when documents are submitted/returned.

E-Builder is an all-encompassing program that helps with document control and invoices.

Items that are in certain users courts stay there without any indication on if the item will move to the next step. Also, no follow up notifications are sent to users who may not know items are in their court. There should be a better way to print summaries of submittals and RFI processes.

scott

Disappointed

Managing flow of information

Managing flow of information

Works well for document storage and sharing.

RFI function is difficult to work with. It is hard to make sure the request is going to the right person.

Tyson
  • Branche: Politische Organisation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

e-Builder has been an invaluable tool to aid us in program and project management as an owner.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018

I like that is allows the user use it as-is out of the box and to customize it to suit their needs. I also enjoy the (nearly) everywhere availability and accessibility since it is web based and that you are always working with real time information. e-Builder has always had an improvement attitude, so they are always working to make the software better.

I would really like to see more hands on training options outside of the annual conference so that users can take better advantage of this excellent tool.

Sara

Project management

Bewertet am 19.12.2022

The most impactful feature of e-Builder for our organization is process module. The MM, having the reminders set and all of the functions in processes have been made a visible change to the current workflows.

I've seen the Cost module solid and not userfriendly as much as the other modules.

Antwort von Trimble

Thank you for the review, Sara. We're so pleased that you're finding value in e-Builder and we greatly appreciate the feedback about the Cost Module. We will work to make improvements.

John
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I am an engineer and use the software for roadway construction. It is a great toll for my...

Bewertet am 22.3.2018

I like having all of the information for particular projects at my fingertips. I also like the notices I receive when items are in my court. The software also allows "ball in court" responsibilities to be tracked easily. I frequently use the report module as I over see several projects. I also like being able to access the software from my phone.

Depending on the time of day, the software response can be slow. This is probably a function of my internet connection.