When I Work

Personaleinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung, Kommunikation und Anwesenheit.

4,5 /5 (859 Bewertungen) Eine Bewertung schreiben

• Funktionen
Trish C.
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great software for teams of all sizes

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

I've been using this software for 5 years, first as an employee then as an employer. Ease of use for both parties is fantastic and it's well worth paying for to save the time. When I change places of business, if I have a choice, I will choose When I Work again and again.

- Shift templates, makes scheduling a lot easier
- The ability to copy and paste any shift, even faster than clicking and choosing
- Simple to add and remove employees
- App is fairly easy to use
- Time clock is awesome, easy to use

- Looking at the full staff schedule on a particular day can be tedious.
- For those making schedules, it's so much easier to do on a computer
- In order to have a printed schedule, it downloads the PDF which you then have to print. I wish this printed right off the website.

Hi Trish,

Thank you for taking the time to review When I Work, and your feedback is appreciated! We are always looking for ways to make improvements and appreciate users like you that provide feedback so we can enhance and improve When I Work!

Amanda

Erin M.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Scheduling made simple

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of time we spend on employee schedules. We also really love the reminders and text alerts as it makes it easy to communicate with our team quickly when things change.

When I Work is so easy to use, it is simple to add employees, great for creating shift templates and the chat features and shift drop applications make changing the schedule simple for employees. As a manager these features are awesome as they reduce the amount of time that I spend re-working the schedule.

The only challenge we have faced is that we don't have access to the task list as we don't pay for this version of the application. We would love to try it out to see if it is a good value add for us.

Hi Erin -

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review!

I'm so happy to hear features we offer like Shift Swaps & Drops and WorkChat have been so useful for you. It's awesome to hear that scheduling has gotten easier as well!

We'd be happy to discuss our Tasks feature and see what options are available for you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks so much for this lovely review!

Danya D.
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Working with When I work

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

Having When I work allows for easy access to everyone schedule online.

A great employee scheduling software.
Super easy to set up and start using.
Ease of use for employers and employees.

When looking at the full staff schedule on a given day can be a bit time-consuming.
Noticeable differences with the mobile app and the desktop version.

Hi Danya,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful and detailed review!

It great to hear it makes scheduling easier for you as well as your employees!

Warmly,
Tiffany

• Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Deceptive & misleading pricing practices, little integration, but certainly quite slick.

Bewertet am 4.4.2017

Looks slick, appears to offer a lot (which it does, at a cost, see below...)

Customer support is very responsive - live chat, email, etc. I may not like their answers (see below) but I can't fault their timely attention, their patience, their attentiveness.

1. Pricing Practices

The page at wheniwork.com/pricing says nothing, just that schedulling is free for less than 75 employees (and anything over is a "contact us for enterprise" price, which is fine). Great, I think, I'll sign up, start working with it.

Glad I didn't invest much time. I set up a few employees, downloaded the apps, started working out the wrinkles. And after a few hours of looking, and testing, and reading, it looks good, but...

...then I discover that basic features like scheduling more than 10 days ahead (!) are paid-for. So is time tracking. Etc. That's ok to charge, but not ok to deceive - and there's *no* simple way right now to see a comparison of features and costs before getting signed-up.

And this is not a small bump. You can't bolt-on a little extra. To get a proper working app, the minimum number of users they offer 20 minimum and the time attendance module adds something like 50% on top.

But really it is transparency and deceptive practices that have *really* turned me against this product in a *very* short period of time - and that is *very* sad. If they'd allowed me to choose up front to devote my time, great; but they didn't.

I had to ask support what "long-term scheduling" meant (that being something not included in the free plan). That means more than 10 days... No other warning of that, that I could see. I feel deceived.

2. App Reliability

Others have mentioned glitches. I started working with the iPhone app - it stopped working for some tasks. I contacted support who said it was restricted to my account only, and they would get their developers to look at it. So I stopped using the iPhone app. My wife's Android phone wouldn't recognise her (valid) phone number when accepting a request to log in. So 2 strikes there. Your mileage may vary.

3. Limited Integrations

A few years ago, WIW posted on their Facebook page that they used Xero. Some commented then - why no integration? No answer. Years later, still no integration with Xero. No Zapier integration, either.

The cynic might think that WIW gets kick-backs / referral fees / bonusnes from Quick Books, Gusto, etc. which is why they're the (very limited) integration "partners". There's an API of course, if I had time.

Again, I'd forgive that for a free / cheap deal. But it isn't a free / cheap deal *for a working scheduling solution* - a schedule that doesn't reach into next week is *not* a working schedule.

So, yes, I'm annoyed. I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel like I've been deceived. I feel like I signed-up and invested time based upon what is almost a lie. And that sucks - not least because it was so needless. The product isn't awful, the pricing (whilst I may not like it) isn't the worst out there. The limitations are limitations, but every product has some.

And that, really, is sad.

The silver lining is that the free plan only launched yesterday. So perhaps they'll think again about the offering. And my experience is unlikely to be the same as that people had before me. But it is what it is today - so much so that I've signed-up for GetApp just to leave this review.

Antwort von When I Work, Inc. Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry this is not a more personalized response but it appears you have not listed your name, title or company in your GetApp review.

As you said, we did just launch our free plan. We hope that many small businesses, including those like you in the apparel and fashion industry, will find value in being able to schedule their employees 10 days in advance and notify them electronically rather than printing out Excel spreadsheets that require their employees to come into a physical location to see their schedule or call a coworker who is currently working to find out when their next shifts will be. As with any new launch, we will continue to try to improve and appreciate your honest and thoughtful feedback about the pricing and how it was displayed to you. Our intention is certainly not to deceive or mislead our customers or potential customers.

We are glad to know that despite your perception of the product and its pricing, our Customer Support did what they do best and answered your questions in a timely and attentive manner.

Have a nice day,
Customer Success @ When I Work

Cynthia H.
  • Branche: Restaurants

When I Work, Works!

Bewertet am 2.2.2021

For what our restaurant needs, which is to get schedules out in a timely manner, track schedule changes and drops or switches, it works just fine.

When I Work is easy to access and navigate and the extra features allow to you communicate with your group easily enough. It's fairly efficient and easy to use from a User standpoint. Has an app feature, plus you can access from your computer, so I like that flexibility.

Sometimes the cell app glitches and you can't access the program at all and it takes awhile for the program to realign itself. Could be based on cell access, but this happens quite frequently.

Hi Cynthia -

Thanks so much for taking some time to provide a review!

It's awesome to hear that our features help your team work better together, and that having access to all the features you need has been so useful!

If you're running into a consistent issue with the app, we're here to help! Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Thanks again for the review!

Sarah C.
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Takes the work out of scheduling

Bewertet am 18.11.2019

We have been incredibly happy with the program. We went from spending 8-10 hours scheduling each month to 1-2

It is incredibly easy for both the employee to enter their availability and the manager to appropriately schedule. We love that we cant schedule somebody if they mark themselves unavailable, avoids confusion and holds the employee accountable

The inability to attach files to an email

Hi Sarah,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a review! I definitely understand how the ability to attach a file to a group email could improve When I Work. We have just released a new feature called Document Storage that your team may be interested in. I've linked an article that outlines the feature below.

Thanks again for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that When I Work is saving you time and preventing confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Have a great day,
Anna

Maria N.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Best so far

Bewertet am 24.1.2020

This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for employees as well in terms of switching shifts or internal communication.

In terms of scheduling this is the best app, easy to see requests off or vacations, easy to set-up reminders, the shifts can be dropped and picked up with just a click away, easy to create schedule base on the sale, easy for employee chat or contact information.

I'll love for this system to be able to integrate with Payroll, but that's the only big downside. The second one is that for cross-trained employees (working several positions/roles) is not allowing the pre-set shift scheduling until you change the role that was initially assigned.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Maria! Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for reviewing our application. We love hearing your praise for When I Work.

Lissa K.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great way to manage your team

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

great!

I like the drop shift features and availability/unavailability features

For some reason, my team members used to be able to enter their preferred weekly hours through their profile, but that is no longer available from what I can see. Would love to see that back.

Hi Lissa,

Cully here with When I Work. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

We are so glad to hear that you have liked the drop shift feature, and the availability feature!

If you have additional feedback on the preferred weekly hours option and how your team used this feature, please let us know! You can submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Cully

Joel M.
  • Branche: Restaurants

When I work Works!

Bewertet am 16.5.2019

When I work eliminates all the shift swapping without approval, and gets rid of the paper requests off for day off requests that get lost etc.

I love the ease of use. When I work is the whole package for what we needed it to do. The app does what it needs to by allowing the employees to do everything they could do on desktop. This makes them much more willing to use it and use the functions correctly.

So far we have not found something we don't like.

Hi Joel!

Thanks for such a fantastic review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding it's saving time and reducing stress for things like time off requests!

Blair C.
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

When I work makes scheduling easy

Bewertet am 26.12.2020

From both a use and an administrator, this program is great for scheduling. Those who download the app have access to see their shifts as well as set reminders so they never miss a shift! Administrators can easily add shifts based on the availability given by coworkers.

Scheduling and time off requests are as simple as clicking and dragging. Schedules can be viewed at any point and there is never an issue with wondering when I am meant to work.

If you have a bigger staff, scheduling can still be a bit confusing from an administrator standpoint, however when the app’s color system allows for a more organized session.

Hi Blair -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to provide us with a review!

It's awesome to hear that you and your team have enjoyed having access to your schedule at your fingertips and that our features have been so helpful!

Thanks again for the awesome review!

Amy M.
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

I've Reviewed Them Before But They Stay Current And Deserve To Be Commended

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

When I Work has really been great. Gone are the days of me trying to create weekly and monthly calendars and juggle handwritten requests for sick and vacation time. Staff can request through When I Work and I can easily update our schedule. I've saved hours and hours a month being able to utilize the templates as well.

When I Work has saved me daily headaches. Public Libraries don't have the funding to implement expensive employee scheduling software. When I Work even offers a free version which we started out with awhile ago but as our staff grew we moved into the paid format. Our library and employee pool has grown and changed, When I Work grows and changes alongside it. They continuously offer new resources and seek to keep ahead of us and just "know" what issues we may have as our staff is in flux.

The only issue I've seen thus far is a slight problem with the remote ap. Let me first say that having the ability to have an ap at all is great. My staff often is out of the library for programs and if they have an event prior to actual library hours they can clock in from their own phone. The issue that I speak of was mostly in calculating the distance that clocking in was allowed. It took a few tries to make sure that staff can check in, with a decent range, but not be so far from the library that it could be abused by someone wanting to beat the clock when they're late to work.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad the app has been a good solution for you and your team. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/, and we'll be happy to help!

Jonathan H.
  • Branche: Eventservice

When I Work Keeps Us Working

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.

When I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.

A couple features we wish they had:

- The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc)
- The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day)
- To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies)
- A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports
- A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

Hi Jonathan -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review!

We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve.

Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review!

Allison M.
  • Branche: Automotive

Scheduling Made Easy and Quick

Bewertet am 25.10.2018

The site is very easy to understand especially for a software that is so robust. I can't tell you the value there, but it is so much appreciated. We have saved a lot of time and miscommunications while using When I work.

The attendance notifications help me to keep track of where our team is hour-wise on an individual basis and as a whole. It's nice that I am alerted, one less thing I need to remember to check on. In conjunction with the Forcast reporting, I have a very clear view of the week ahead.

The apps are handy, especially from the administration side. I am able to update time clocked hours on the fly, check everyone's schedule and separate out my own, I can even handle time off requests. I haven't ever attempted to schedule through the app, although knowing how intuitive everything is through their online site, I would venture to guess it would be a piece of cake. I know our team members enjoy having their schedules and hours readily available in their pocket as well.

We have had a couple issues with clock-ins through the apps. There have been times when it isn't recognizing the location or the punch doesn't make it all the way through. But that's it!

I would love if this software could manage our PTO as well, but we haven't found a way to make it work with how our times are calculated.

Hello Allison,

Jaime here from the Customer Care Team at When I Work. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

I'm glad to hear that you find When I Work to be easy to understand and that it has helped your team save time, assist with communication, and help you keep track of when your employees are clocking in/out.

I am sorry to hear that your team has been experiencing a few issues clocking in from time to time. Feel free to reach out to us support@wheniwork.com at any time and we can dig into this further as to why this is occurring.

We'd also like to hear how PTO works for your company to see how we can assist.

Thanks again for the review!

Take care,

Jaime

Miguel G.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

Bewertet am 24.6.2018

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can.

Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time.

The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used.

View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects.

When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage.

When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

• Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Bewertet am 8.3.2018

Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

Pam S.

When I Work made scheduling and communicating to all employees a breeze!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018

The ease of the program. It was very user-friendly. Scheduling used to take 2 hours, but it was cut down to 30 minutes with WhenIWork. I love that I could customize the shifts. I especially loved that employees had to acknowledge their shifts. There was no more miscommunication that an employee didn't see their schedule. It's also been a great tool to get staff on the same page. The ability to message everyone at once was awesome. Plus the program tells you which employees have viewed the messages. It also has the option for employees to clock in via the app and you can link it with payroll. Employees are able to submit requests for time-off or vacations. Everything you need is in one place. The customer support team is available immediately through their live chat. They have always been very helpful and friendly. Absolutely a wonderful program!

The only thing I would modify is to have the ability to block off certain dates for requests. That way an employee wouldn't be able to request off Black Friday for example.

Hi there Pam!

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you find so much value in When I Work!

In addition, we do have a way to block off days that you don't want your users to request off.

You can create a Schedule Annotation in 'Week View' by clicking the 'Chat Bubble' icon next to the date. You will just need to fill in the details of the annotation and select the box for 'Don't Allow Time Off'.

Here is a guide that walks you through that: http://bit.ly/2nzroHJ

Feel free to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com with any questions :)

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Deborah K.
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The software has made the impossible, possible for scheduling employees

Bewertet am 22.12.2017

I think scheduling would not be managed as well without this software.

I love that employees can indicate when they are available and when they are not available. I love that they can put in requests for time off which helps me not rely on myself for remembering. I love that there are additional features for rate of wage. I like the attendance and I can see if employees are showing up late or getting into overtime. There is a budget feature which I have not used but think would be very helpful in the future.

I wish that I could have the option of excluding some employees when sending a general email through WIW. I also wish that open shifts were always a different color especially when looking at the schedule by position. This would bring my attention to the open shift and alert me that someone is needed. I wish I could publish an employees schedule out for more than 1 week.

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to make your teams¿ and your work lives easier!

When sending custom email messages to your employee's you can select which employees you would like to send the email messages to, by clicking on the "To" field and selecting their names from the list.

There is not a way to automatically change the colors of the OpenShifts. Instead managers would have to manually edit the OpenShifts and change the colors on the Scheduler page.

When it comes to publishing the schedule, you can use the advanced publishing feature to publish the schedule for any desired date range: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/publishing-the-schedule-computer/#advanced-publishing

If you have any questions about When I Work, please check out our help center at https://help.wheniwork.com/ or email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com!

Thanks,
Adrian

Nicola M.
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Does what it is supposed to

Bewertet am 9.9.2016

I loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).

It's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.

It would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options.

We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized.

When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder.

We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency.

When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee.

All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.

Helen J.
  • Branche: Bau
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

DASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll.
AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance.
It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know".
At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze!
AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.

So far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review!

We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier.

Vicki

Joey W.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Makes my life SO much easier!

Bewertet am 8.5.2019

Scheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.

the software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.

My business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

Hi Joey,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth!

Amanda C.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Revolutionized our Scheduling Process

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in sick or requested vacation we used to have to call, text and email each individual on call or float staff to see who was available and if they could work at the location we needed. When I Work allows us to be a lot more efficient in this process. It also allows for better communication with all staff through features such as work chat, and announcements.

The customer service provided from the initial demo to setting up our team was exceptional. Our rep was always available to answer our questions or educate us about new features that might be useful to us. Our rep worked with us to use the features that worked best for us. When I Work also provides ready to go resources that you can send out to teams that include everything from how to set up your account, see open shifts, swap/drop shifts etc.

The ability to post open shifts as revolutionized our ability to communicate with and mobilize our on call staff. By posting an open shift On Call and float staff see the shift right away and are able to pick up shifts that fit with their schedules. The ease of posting open shifts has drastically decreased the time spent trying to find staff to fill gaps in schedules. With over 150 employees and 44 locations we are able to post the addresses of each location that allow staff to pull up a map to the site.

At this time the product is serving us very well. When I Work continues to add new features and provides detailed descriptions and instructions to these features.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review! We love hearing about some of your favorite features and how your team utilizes OpenShifts and new features as they become available!

Stephanie P.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Very Satisfied User

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

I enjoy that the employees can verify their hours themselves and also put in their time requests. It's also convenient for the employees to be able to add notes regarding why they need an adjustment on their time sheet. I find that When I Work is very user friendly and that really helps my employees and I.

I enjoy the ease of being able to track employee time sheets. When I Work is very user friendly for both the administrator and users. I also am very impressed with the customer service department when I reached out to them regarding upgrading ny services and they were very helpful with recommending what would best suit the needs of both the employer and staff.

It was a little difficult for the employees to get used to the change of software that was being used for payroll, however, that is no fault of When I Work. Change can be difficult and hard to remember at times.

Hi Stephanie -

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us!

I'm thrilled to hear that our Timesheets and features have been so helpful for you and your team! It's awesome to hear that our Customer Care team has been able to assist and be so helpful as well, thank you so much for letting us know!

If you, or your team have questions at anytime, we're here to help!

Again, thanks for this awesome 10/10 review!

Lindsay H.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

We started using When I Work to do scheduling and time clock for our 130 desk-less employees

Bewertet am 14.11.2017

It saves us a lot of time. We have 130 college students that work for us and they are always swapping shifts or need a shift off for an exam or something like that. They can do all of that through When I Work and I don't have to be the middle man in any of that anymore. It also helps hold them accountable. It makes them acknowledge their shifts and tells them that they are still responsible for the shift until someone accepts it (and notifies if/when it is accepted). It is nice that they get that reminder every time they need to drop a shift and I don't have to find them and remind them all of the time.

We love the fact that our employees can access it on their phones. Our employees are college students, so being able to use it on a mobile device is crucial. Our old program didn't have that functionality. I also like that I can go in and move someone's shift to "open" for any other employee to accept. Since our employees are college students and anything required for a course is excused from work, so it is really nice to be able to go in and move a shift for an employee that has an exam or something like that. I also like that employees have to acknowledge their shifts.

Two things - I can't go in and schedule just one person. We are on a college campus that operate on quarters. I would like to be able to look at an individual schedule for a certain time period and edit it as necessary, but that functionality doesn't exist. My employees are frustrated with the notifications. It is great that someone can do a "drop shift request" that goes out to all of the other employees, but it is frustrating to get 10 emails about that. We (mainly our hourly employees) wish there was an option to get the notifications in a digest once a day instead an email for every single notification.

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear that When I Work has been able to improve your scheduling process and save you time.

You have provided great feedback here. I can see how the ability to view/edit an individuals schedule could be a valuable feature. Our goal with the notifications is to keep everyone as informed as possible, but I understand it can be a lot if your schedule has many weekly changes. I will be sure to pass these ideas on to our product team!

Thanks again!

Matt

Lisa D.

Makes scheduling super easy!

Bewertet am 5.2.2018

This product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature.

The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!

The satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for leaving us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work!

If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com. Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Maria lenin L.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Manage staffing, scheduling, and attendance of your team for free

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

It’s a great application if you handle a large team and you need to keep track of your employees schedule, time clock , and shift staffing. It can handle up to 75 users. We used this application when i joined a part time job in sales. And it was easy to set up both in desktop and mobile. And when i logged in I can see all members of our department in the Team messaging feature. You can easily read and track all conversation within the team. Choosing your shift or schedule was easy. Just add the shift or schedule you chose for up to 2 weeks and the Manager can view your schedule for the day. Time clocking was easy, just press the IN button and break button if you are on break. Its an awesome application and whats good is that its free to sign up and use these features.

Well since its free, the features and function are just limited to what the employees clicked on the app but no screenshots of their desktop or other feature that other time applications have that can testify that the logged hours are indeed productive. Unlike Some paid applications that would have integrations to payment system after approval of hours, When I Work does not have other app integrations that would be complete the staffing and accounting system of your business. But so far everything went fine for this application, and moving through features or tabs does not hang and does not have much errors.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the free version of When I Work so much! If you are ever interested in any of the paid features, feel free to check them out at wheniwork.com/pricing